PDA

View Full Version : Beck to play on site camping

slurpee
04-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Rumor has it Beck will be playing a small acoustic set only in the on site camping area Thursday night. I heard it is supposed to start about 8 pm. It will be located close to the beer tent/breakfast area.

cansei de ser sexme
04-02-2007, 05:09 PM
haha ya right.

JoeClark5
04-02-2007, 06:48 PM
pfffffff

menikmati
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
yeah and EoDM were supposed to do the same thing in 2005...

fober
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
All humorous untruthy falacies aside from falsifications, he's not kiddingly telling the truthalicious accuracy.

psychic friend
04-02-2007, 06:57 PM
i thought it was perry ferral.. damn

SubBass49
04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
lol...you know it's bad when someone from GV is making fun of your rumor...lol

matsuolost
04-03-2007, 03:17 AM
haha ya right.

hey i have that shirt

Boourns
04-03-2007, 04:51 AM
Welcome to 2005.

Well, was it really a rumor if a "surprise performance" was listed on the official camping site until a week before?

rage patton
04-03-2007, 09:49 AM
Welcome to 2005.

Well, was it really a rumor if a "surprise performance" was listed on the official camping site until a week before?

Wait... Im confused. Have artists actually played on the camping site in the past?

psychic friend
04-03-2007, 12:22 PM
a couple years ago there was gonna be one but it didn't work out so it never happened. So therefore it's a rumor that is talked about every year.

Razimus
04-07-2007, 05:13 AM
beck is a skinny drug addict loser, how do I know? I've seen the idiot in person, I happened to catch him alone in a room, with a door man and 2 body guards, I asked for his autograph or at least I said his name and was going to ask for it I even had his cd in my pocket, what are the chances well anyway it was after his show, I missed the actual performance due to major traffic and was stuck waiting in this room waiting for my ride, so I say his name grab the cd outa my pocket with a pen and he speed walks past me so fast before I could look up from getting the cd out of my pocket the door was already open and he was gone and the walk was a good 20 feet, for anyone unfamilliar with how John Lennon died I'll refresh your memory, it was a lunatic fan that planned on killing Lennon, waited outside his apartment building, holding a yoko and lennon album in his hand, when John saw this he immediately walked up to the man and asked something to the effect of "would you like me to sign that for you?", as John signed the album his murderer shot him in the stomach. Anyway beck is the exact opposite of this he's the anti-Lennon . I was waiting for my ride, wasn't stalking him had no idea he'd be in the area I only had his cd on me in the slight chance I would see him walk to his car and that chance happened, but he sure showed his true colors what he really thinks about his fans, if it were someone outside his apartment or a bunch of people I'd understand but he had 3 security men and had no good excuse. Never have played or purchased or allowed myself to listen to another shred of beck crap ever since, and I'm glad for it his music is beyond nauseating I heard his single nausea in a store the other month and I lost my appetite.

Alchemy
04-07-2007, 07:37 AM
beck is a skinny drug addict loser, how do I know? I've seen the idiot in person, I happened to catch him alone in a room, with a door man and 2 body guards, I asked for his autograph or at least I said his name and was going to ask for it I even had his cd in my pocket, what are the chances well anyway it was after his show, I missed the actual performance due to major traffic and was stuck waiting in this room waiting for my ride, so I say his name grab the cd outa my pocket with a pen and he speed walks past me so fast before I could look up from getting the cd out of my pocket the door was already open and he was gone and the walk was a good 20 feet, for anyone unfamilliar with how John Lennon died I'll refresh your memory, it was a lunatic fan that planned on killing Lennon, waited outside his apartment building, holding a yoko and lennon album in his hand, when John saw this he immediately walked up to the man and asked something to the effect of "would you like me to sign that for you?", as John signed the album his murderer shot him in the stomach. Anyway beck is the exact opposite of this he's the anti-Lennon . I was waiting for my ride, wasn't stalking him had no idea he'd be in the area I only had his cd on me in the slight chance I would see him walk to his car and that chance happened, but he sure showed his true colors what he really thinks about his fans, if it were someone outside his apartment or a bunch of people I'd understand but he had 3 security men and had no good excuse. Never have played or purchased or allowed myself to listen to another shred of beck crap ever since, and I'm glad for it his music is beyond nauseating I heard his single nausea in a store the other month and I lost my appetite.

Beck came and did a free show in El Paso last year. I met him and the rest of the crew. Not one body guard was present. In fact, I even sat down with the band and talked to them while they were texting away on their cool black jackish phones. Beck arrived a little later, walking from the parking lot in a distance. I got to talk to him a little after the show.

I dunno, free shows, taking song requests, and hanging around to talk to fans afterwards... Beck is a really great guy.

MonsoonSeason
04-07-2007, 08:10 AM
nuh uh I heard it was gonna be Jon Brion

To be honest I'd rather it be Jon Brion

SubBass49
04-07-2007, 08:25 AM

You sound like a crybaby to me. Actually you sound like kind of psychotic crybaby to me. So you didn't get your autograph...he could have been late getting somewhere or not have felt comfortable around you...and for that you're gonna say the guy is a dick? Screw you. Where was this room you were in? Was it backstage? How did you get there? Were you SUPPOSED to be there? Why bring up the stuff about Lennon being murdered? You sound like a nut job to me. Beck isn't the type to be a jerk...like Alchemy said...he's already proven himself to be a good person. If he were a jerk he wouldn't pick some random person out of the crowd to come up on stage with him during his set. He wouldn't do free shows. He wouldnt hang out with fans. Sounds like you probably gave him a bad vibe. Were you talking about Lennon's murder as you approached him?

MonsoonSeason
04-07-2007, 09:05 AM
"hey beck I'm not gonna murder you like that guy murdered John Lennon can I have yr 'graff?"

SubBass49
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Hahaha...no kidding...

fatbastard
04-07-2007, 10:12 AM

I can sign your CD for if it would help.

SubBass49
04-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I'd watch out...he might "John Lennon" you...

shoegazer76
04-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Luscious Jackson did the same thing to a former girlfriend of mine. She was the only one waiting for them out back of the venue to get her cd signed. Everyone of those bitches pretty much ran right past her as she held pen & cd outright for them to sign. When yr a rock star you get to snub people I guess thats just how it is. Needless to say they're no longer a band.
Beck isn't a drug addict either now that he is a Scientologist. Maybe he got weird vibes from you like you were gonna ask for his phone number or something.
Everybody is right though about yr John Lennon analogy it is completely out of place in yr story unless you were planning on shooting Beck.
"All we are saying is give peace a chance"

slurpee
04-08-2007, 06:45 AM

Maybe he was late for a Scientology meet up ?

vinylmartyr
04-08-2007, 07:41 AM
I have seen Beck be a dick and I have seen him be nice. It really probably depends on peoples moods. The thing you should do is not take it personal. Beck does not even know you. You have no idea how his day is going.

Alchemy
04-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Beck is a real nice guy, actually. I mean, if you guys lived here in El Paso, then you would know how nice it is for a band to decide to put El Paso on their tour. But Beck did not even have El Paso on his tour. He came to El Paso, on the side of his tour, and played in a little venue by campus for free. I got real close, and there was about 100 people there (who eventually came by people calling them and texting). All of them came out before and after to talk to all of us (except Beck who only came out after because he was not there before they played). They asked us what CD we like the most, and they played a lot of songs from those. They were also dressed up like luchadors.

Also, Beck's back was all messed up. So we were not allowed to touch him, but he still hung around to talk to us. The rest of the band were really great too.

vinylmartyr
04-08-2007, 08:03 AM
Also, Beck's back was all messed up. So we were not allowed to touch him, but he still hung around to talk to us. The rest of the band were really great too.

This sounds kinda creepy. Did you wanna touch him?

SubBass49
04-08-2007, 08:14 AM
Haha...

Bet they woulda let THIS guy touch him...

http://www.educationworld.com/a_lesson/images/et.jpg

MonsoonSeason
04-08-2007, 09:28 AM
the touching is a little weird, unless you were talking about like handshakes and stuff. I don't care how famous a person is, why would you just touch a person?

I Can't Feel My Face
04-08-2007, 04:21 PM

and then you turn to your mom and she says: "No you're not thinking, you're on drugs! Normal people don't act that way!" and then you say: "Mom just give me a Pepsi please! All I want is a Pepsi!!" and she wouldn't give it to you.
"All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi, and she wouldn't give it to me.
Just a Pepsi!!!!"

The End.
*takes a bow*

Razimus
04-09-2007, 12:19 AM
fags

SubBass49
04-09-2007, 04:29 AM
fags

Wow...such a step up from what you ORIGINALLY wrote...

har har... yeah I was pissed I missed the show from the beginning, I
drove from portland to seattle, well my ride did the traffic was horrible
and the regularly 3 hour drive turned into around 6 hours and I was
waitin for my ride in the lobby of the new music museum, beck musta
finished touring it, you can claim he's nice but I can only say from my own
experience, he's a grade a asshole, I was a kid at the time but he was
shorter than me heheh skinny drug addict, I only call him that because
his arms were skinnier than red vines, I suppose my opinion could change
if he acted differently in a similar situation but that's not going to
happen, if I had a backstage pass I'm sure I'd be treated differently,
I only mention the lennon story because it's a prefect parallel, I even
wrote the story in my english II class and got an A, so at least I got
something out of it, but the only show I enjoyed while there was No
Doubt.

Wow...glad my e-mail notification saved that...

Alchemy
04-09-2007, 05:57 AM
the touching is a little weird, unless you were talking about like handshakes and stuff. I don't care how famous a person is, why would you just touch a person?

Well I mean, we were sitting down with the other guys and having a good time. But Beck had to have a little clear radius around him so that nobody would accidentely bump into him. So no shaking hands or sitting with him. It was just awkward because he had to sort of drift around away from crowds while the others were sitting down with us.

I also wanted to obsessively rub my hands all over his face and brush his hair with my fingers while trembling, and say, "Beck, my Beck, I love you... Beck, I'm going to kill you, No! No, don't run away! I love you!"

But you know... I couldn't do that because of his back, and because Razimus already heightened security.

MonsoonSeason
04-09-2007, 09:27 AM
oh okay I understand now. it was less of a "HAY BECK LET ME EAT YOU UP" and more of a "I wish I could sit down dude this is awkward." that is understandable and okay.

here's what I've learned about rock stars: if you're not acting like they're the best thing ever, then they're more receptive to you. just don't bring up their music like a reporter, maybe talk to them about video games, and you're on your way.

Alchemy
04-10-2007, 06:25 AM
oh okay I understand now. it was less of a "HAY BECK LET ME EAT YOU UP" and more of a "I wish I could sit down dude this is awkward." that is understandable and okay.

here's what I've learned about rock stars: if you're not acting like they're the best thing ever, then they're more receptive to you. just don't bring up their music like a reporter, maybe talk to them about video games, and you're on your way.

Yeah that's true. My conversation with Beck's guitarest did not include music, it was more like this:
Guitarest: Hey man.
Me: Hey.
Guitarest: Why are you sitting on this wall?
Me: I can't go inside.
Guitarest: Oh. This wall is probably the best spot though.
Me: Yeah, it really is.
Guitarest: You are not old enough?
Me: Yeah...
Guitarest: That's alright. (Sits down next to me on the wall and starts text messaging).
Me: That's a nice phone.
Guitarest: Thanks, man. (Then the owner from the bar came)
Owner: So how is this going down?
Guitarest: He should be coming soon. Make sure nobody touches him though, or bumps into him.
Owner: Cool.
Guitarest: Yeah, he's back has been messed up.
Owner: That sucks.
Guitarest: Yeah. Well I can start setting stuff up, I guess. (The owner leaves). Well hey man, I hope you enjoy the show.

MonsoonSeason
04-10-2007, 06:36 AM
yeah exactly, musicians that tour don't want to hear how awesome you think they are. that's a given since you went to their show threw down some moneys to hear them play. my brother had an interesting experience with Jon Brion because he just talked to Brion about conspiracy theories. I had a cool experience with Owen Pallet of Final Fantasy because we played Mario Kart DS (and tetris but the dude smoked me at tetris). my friend had a good time with the bassist of Of Montreal talking about hats--

that's the lesson kids: if you want to chill with musicians, just be a nice guy or lady

rage patton
04-10-2007, 09:24 AM
I also wanted to obsessively rub my hands all over his face and brush his hair with my fingers while trembling, and say, "Beck, my Beck, I love you... Beck, I'm going to kill you, No! No, don't run away! I love you!"

But you know... I couldn't do that because of his back, and because Razimus already heightened security.

Haha. That would be funny. And creepy.
I would love to see Beck play this year, camping site or not.

Senor Cardgage
04-10-2007, 10:35 AM
Guitarest: Why are you sitting on this wall?

Guitar.
Guitarer.
Guitarest.

BeeII
04-10-2007, 02:17 PM
I heard the p0lice are going to play a set at the onsite campgrounds thursday night.

Ardentbiscuit
04-10-2007, 02:42 PM
I heard that Beck was going to be doing a musical version of "Battlefield Earth" with Tom Cruise and John Travolta in the Camping area and if it caught on they would shoot for Broadway and hopefully win as many Tonys as Spamalot.

worldwide2020
04-10-2007, 03:17 PM
I heard that Beck was going to be doing a musical version of "Battlefield Earth" with Tom Cruise and John Travolta in the Camping area and if it caught on they would shoot for Broadway and hopefully win as many Tonys as Spamalot.

I heard that as well.

sweet artie
04-11-2007, 07:00 AM
yeah and EoDM were supposed to do the same thing in 2005...

And Bowie was rumorored to do the same damn thing in 20055 AND 2006

abcredundant
01-24-2013, 05:41 PM
I would support this for 2013.