PDA

View Full Version : Mcartnirvana for 2013?

elbrycen
12-13-2012, 07:17 PM
anyone else think this would be badass?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
NO.

elbrycen
12-13-2012, 07:30 PM
u mad?

Alchemy
12-13-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm furious, personally.

Bumblebee
12-13-2012, 07:48 PM
The funny thing is you won't see them booked, but it's quite likely Grohl/Paul will individually be walking around the grounds.

Paul has been there at least 3 years. Not 100% on Grohl attending in non-performing years.

PlayaDelWes
12-13-2012, 08:09 PM
So insightful

SepaGroove
12-13-2012, 08:54 PM
anyone else think this would be badass?

THIS THREAD IS A WASTE OF INTERNETZ SPACE.

GOD DAMN YOU!!!

elbrycen
12-14-2012, 02:34 AM
nothin but haters in here. i bet you guys don't even eat bacon.

anonimouse
12-14-2012, 02:39 PM
i'd like to see this just because it would make courtney love rage, and that is always funny

Jman4321
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM
I dunno. Seeing a 70 year old man sing "Smells Like Teen Spirit" would be all kinds of funny.

ApacheRunner
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
they don't play nirvana songs, it's original music they wrote....I think it was awesome at the 121212 concert. Why not?

MotorAve
12-14-2012, 03:44 PM
nothin but haters in here. i bet you guys don't even eat bacon.

Racist

nbvcide
12-14-2012, 04:37 PM
i read about Dave wanting to do something for the 20th anniversary of Nevermind..somewhere on youtube is a recording of corgan playing with them, it's pretty bad. then i guess we're finding out that Dave calls up Paul and wants to jam? I watched a mini-doc online that shows how Grohl bought the actual recording decks from the studio they recorded in and is putting something together where as he put it 'if you mike me up and hook Krist's bass up here and we recorded it, it'll have the exact same sound as Nevermind'. I predict they play Nevermind in it's entirety, maybe with guest singers and a few new jams at the end to make a set, and it will be a festival darling. Endless Nameless will be pretty epic.

That it was kept as hush-hush as it was is what convinced me. and the fact that Dave has been going down this path since around June/July..

kneuller
12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
I am for Grohl, Novoselic, and Smear playing Nirvana songs with relevant guest singers. Not so much for a full NirMacca set though.

elbrycen
12-14-2012, 07:22 PM
I am for Grohl, Novoselic, and Smear playing Nirvana songs with relevant guest singers. Not so much for a full NirMacca set though.

this would work for me as well. it would be like the bacon of bands.

nbvcide
12-14-2012, 07:23 PM
and at festivals there would be a few unique opportunities at each performance, depending on who is around that weekend.....

elbrycen
12-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Can you imagine a collab with Jonsi, or Jagger, or with Daft Punk?

IceyHotshot
12-14-2012, 08:00 PM
No.

nbvcide
12-14-2012, 08:02 PM
im pretty sure he was joking..

elbrycen
12-14-2012, 08:20 PM
but you don't know...

JackRabbit003
12-14-2012, 08:24 PM
SMH

kneuller
12-15-2012, 04:04 AM
SHM

FIFY, brah.

nbvcide
12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
you know what's odd. Grohl had this in the works before the hurricane hit. the benefit was the only reason we heard about it. is there any chance had there been no hurricane, that this may have been kept under wraps for another 4 or 5 weeks?

elbrycen
12-15-2012, 11:30 PM
it's very possible. which means... ?

gaypalmsprings
12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
They were terrific on SNL tonight.

---

Smells Like Septuagenarian Spirit! Sir Paul McCartney joins Nirvana again for SNL appearance... and raises the bar yet again

By Amelia Proud PUBLISHED: 02:30 EST, 16 December 2012 | UPDATED: 02:31 EST, 16 December 2012

More than a few people were skeptical when it was announced that Sir Paul McCartney was to perform with Nirvana at Wednesday's 12-12-12 concert... they shouldn't have been.

The Beatle legend rejoined the '90s icons for a second jam on Saturday night's Saturday Night Live and was on better form than ever as he helmed the fledgling band's performance of Cut Me Some Slack, a delicious marriage of McCartney melody and Nirvana's hard, driven rock.

Kurt Cobain's widow Courtney Love whined, of course, but the idea that her late husband - a massive Beatles fan - would have objected to the union is ludicrous.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2248890/Sir-Paul-McCartney-joins-Nirvana-SNL-appearance--raises-bar-again.html#ixzz2FCc12Jn7

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 05:45 AM
i agree, having read a large amount of books on nirvana, as well as kurt's own diaries, that he was a huge beatles fan, who admitted to stealing from them. i cannot think of any living performer that kurt would be MORE okay with.

courtney is just pissed that she isn't involved. also, Kurt was completely okay with adding extra members to the band (Pat Smear) and with performing with other singers (Meat Puppets). They also covered the Beatles early on. and don't get me started on the fact that the Beatles song structure is what inspired Verse Chorus Verse back when that was the title of a different Nirvana track.

while i think the SNL would have been the original reveal, had there been no hurricane, i still think there is more coming...

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 05:50 AM
and if there is going to be a few festival dates, and if it is gong to revolve around performing Nevermind in its entirety, this would be my Coachella wish set list:

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (w/ Kurt Cobain hologram)
"In Bloom" (w/ Kurt Cobain hologram)
"Come as You Are" (w/ Eddie Vedder)
"Breed" (w/ Fiona Apple)
"Lithium" (w/ Deadmau5 remixing Kurt's vocal track)
"Polly" (w/ Francis Bean Cobain)
"Territorial Pissings" (w/ Trent Reznor)
"Drain You" – (w/ Perry Farrell)
"Lounge Act" – (w/ Taylor Hawkins on drums)
"Stay Away" – (w/ Maynard James Keenan)
"On a Plain" – (w/ Courtney Love)
"Something in the Way" (w/ Billy Corgan)
"Endless, Nameless" (Grohl, Novaselic, Smear)

Encore:
You Know You're Right (w/ Paul McCartney)
Cut Me Some Slack (w/ Paul McCartney)
Twist and Shout (w/ Paul McCartney)
Mantra (w/ Joshua Homme & Trent Reznor)
Lovebuzz (w/ Taylor Hawkins on drums)

obv, i based most of the guest appearances on who i think is going to be around that festival wknd, but a few surprises that only show up for this set too...

in my opinion, with Grohl working on Nevermind anniversary projects and his documentary, this would be an excellent way of leaving something for the next round of tour dates/festivals. Whereas if they performed Nirvana's greatest hits, every subsequent show would be more or less the same. This would allow them to spread the recorded material across 2 or 3 years worth of gigs without repeating songs until the final greatest hit gigs leading up to their rock & roll Hall of Fame induction.

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 06:05 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/13/article-2247384-167B759C000005DC-234_634x499.jpg

also, can somebody explain this image for me?

Bumblebee
12-16-2012, 06:29 AM
i cannot think of any living performer that kurt would be MORE okay with.

courtney is just pissed that she isn't involved.

Mark Lanegan? Though to be honest, I dont think Dave/Krist are into doing dates/tours.

Courtney thinks she "controls" everything Nirvana, but can't do anything when the name isn't being used. Though I'm sure their annual business meeting(via phone conference) between the 3 parties and lawyers discussing future Nirvana product/endeavors should be fun.

elbrycen
12-16-2012, 06:48 AM
i was impressed with the snl performance. also MFW martin short kept telling Macca he couldn't sing.

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 07:42 AM
Mark Lanegan? Though to be honest, I dont think Dave/Krist are into doing dates/tours.

Courtney thinks she "controls" everything Nirvana, but can't do anything when the name isn't being used. Though I'm sure their annual business meeting(via phone conference) between the 3 parties and lawyers discussing future Nirvana product/endeavors should be fun.

Yeah, i know they couldn't use the NAME nirvana (unless they tossed her a bone and let her sing a couple songs too, she's broke enough she'd do it for cheap, she'd just want to feel involved, may be too late for that now though..and honestly, i think she is the only hindrance to them reuniting. they don't hate each other. but they all hate her.)

as far as Dave, he loves doing dates/tours.

as far as Krist, he's done two dates with Grohl & McCartney this week.

Smear in on board.

what they should do is get Chad Channing back, and Grohl can sing & play guitar.

elbrycen
12-16-2012, 09:08 AM
so much potential... I mean, it's a long shot. but cmon.

MotorAve
12-16-2012, 10:43 AM
and if there is going to be a few festival dates, and if it is gong to revolve around performing Nevermind in its entirety, this would be my Coachella wish set list:

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (w/ Kurt Cobain hologram)
"In Bloom" (w/ Kurt Cobain hologram)
"Come as You Are" (w/ Eddie Vedder)
"Breed" (w/ Fiona Apple)
"Lithium" (w/ Deadmau5 remixing Kurt's vocal track)
"Polly" (w/ Francis Bean Cobain)
"Territorial Pissings" (w/ Trent Reznor)
"Drain You" (w/ Perry Farrell)
"Lounge Act" (w/ Taylor Hawkins on drums)
"Stay Away" (w/ Maynard James Keenan)
"On a Plain" (w/ Courtney Love)
"Something in the Way" (w/ Billy Corgan)
"Endless, Nameless" (Grohl, Novaselic, Smear)

Encore:
You Know You're Right (w/ Paul McCartney)
Cut Me Some Slack (w/ Paul McCartney)
Twist and Shout (w/ Paul McCartney)
Mantra (w/ Joshua Homme & Trent Reznor)
Lovebuzz (w/ Taylor Hawkins on drums)

Very cool idea.

None of this is happening, in 2013 at least.

kneuller
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, i know they couldn't use the NAME nirvana (unless they tossed her a bone and let her sing a couple songs too, she's broke enough she'd do it for cheap, she'd just want to feel involved, may be too late for that now though..and honestly, i think she is the only hindrance to them reuniting. they don't hate each other. but they all hate her.)

as far as Dave, he loves doing dates/tours.

as far as Krist, he's done two dates with Grohl & McCartney this week.

Smear in on board.

what they should do is get Chad Channing back, and Grohl can sing & play guitar.

Keep Dave on the drums. I didn't watch SNL last night (I have a life) but from the 12-12-12 video he looked so awesome back on the drums. I think if they did a real Nirvana setlist, there is nowhere that he would rather be than behind the drums.

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 11:15 AM
Keep Dave on the drums. I didn't watch SNL last night (I have a life) but from the 12-12-12 video he looked so awesome back on the drums. I think if they did a real Nirvana setlist, there is nowhere that he would rather be than behind the drums.

i agree..

well, i just finished watching SNL (people with lives also have dvr's or internet), they were amazing..seeing them play the song live twice (and hearing the studio version) i think Dave can do vocals on a lot of Nirvana tracks from the kit. Not all, obviously.

xuclarockerx
12-16-2012, 01:29 PM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/12/13/article-2247384-167B759C000005DC-234_634x499.jpg

also, can somebody explain this image for me?

I think that's from the Grammys last year. Paul had a bunch of guest stars including Grohl and they did a bunch of Beatles stuff, etc.