PDA

View Full Version : 4 Words: Prince. Purple Rain Tour.

mmwwwhahaha
12-13-2012, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry. It's the only way to top last year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Rain_Tour

"Controversy"
"Let's Go Crazy"
"Delirious"
"1999" (Includes "Reveille" interpolation)
"Little Red Corvette"
"Take Me with U" (Includes "Controversy" and "In a Spanish Villa (Instrumental)" interpolations)
"When You Were Mine"
"4 the Tears in Your Eyes"
Interlude: "Yankee Doodle (Instrumental)"
"A Case of You"
"Free"
"Raspberry Beret"
"Do Me, Baby" (Includes 'purple house' spoken intro)
"Irresistible Bitch"
"Temptation"
"Let's Pretend We're Married" / "International Lover"
"God"
"Computer Blue"
"Darling Nikki"
"The Beautiful Ones" (Includes 'backwards' "The Dance Electric" / wind chime intro)
"When Doves Cry"

Encore 1
"I Would Die 4 U"
"Baby I'm a Star" (Includes "We are Young" chant & "Bodyheat" and "Partyup" interpolations)
"America"

Encore 2
"Purple Rain"
During "I Would Die 4 U"/"Baby I'm a Star", Prince would invite Apollonia 6, Sheila E., and members of her band to jam with them for a long 20-30 minute rendition of the songs.

PlayaDelWes
12-13-2012, 08:48 AM
1onĚly adjective \ˈōn-lē\
Definition of ONLY
1: unquestionably the best : peerless
2a : alone in a class or category : sole <the only one left> <the only known species> b : having no brother or sister <an only child>
3: few <one of the only areas not yet explored>
See only defined for English-language learners ╗
See only defined for kids ╗
Examples of ONLY
<the only way to really appreciate the beauty of the forest is to walk through it>
<that is the only possible right answer>
Origin of ONLY
Middle English, from Old English ānlīc, from ān one — more at one
First Known Use: before 12th century
Related to ONLY
Synonyms: incomparable, inimitable, matchless, nonpareil, peerless, unequaled (or unequalled), unexampled, unmatched, unparalleled, unrivaled (or unrivalled), unsurpassable, unsurpassed, out of sight
Related Words: alone, singular, unique; exceptional, extraordinary, rare, uncommon, unusual; A-OK, A1, awesome, bang-up, banner, beautiful, blue-chip, boffo, bonny (also bonnie) [chiefly British], boss [slang], brag, brave, bully, bumper, capital, choice, classic, cool [slang], corking, crackerjack, cracking, dandy, divine, dope [slang], down [slang], dynamite, excellent, fab, fabulous, famous, fantabulous [slang], fantastic, fine, first-class, first-rate, first-string, five-star, frontline, gangbusters (also gangbuster), gone [slang], grand, great, groovy, heavenly, high-class, hot, hype [slang], immense, jim-dandy, keen, lovely, marvelous (or marvellous), mean, neat, nifty, noble, number one (also No. 1), numero uno, out-of-sight [slang], par excellence, peachy, peachy keen, phat [slang], prime, primo [slang], prize, prizewinning, quality, radical [slang], righteous [slang], sensational, splendid, stellar, sterling, superb, superior, superlative, supernal, swell, terrific, tip-top, top, top-notch, wizard [chiefly British], wonderful; better, preferred; exceptional, fancy, high-grade, special
Near Antonyms: common, commonplace, everyday, familiar, frequent, garden, household, normal, ordinary, routine, ubiquitous, usual; inferior, lesser, worse, worst; bad, bastard, bush, bush-league, deficient, depressed, dissatisfactory, ill, inferior, lame, lousy, low, lower, off, paltry, poor, punk, substandard, unacceptable, unsatisfactory, wanting; low-grade, substandard; mediocre, second-class, second-rate; atrocious, awful, execrable, pathetic, rotten, terrible, vile, wretched
see all synonyms and antonyms
[+]more[-]hide
Rhymes with ONLY
lonely, pronely
2onlyadverb
Definition of ONLY
1a : as a single fact or instance and nothing more or different : merely <has only lost one election — George Orwell> b : solely, exclusively <known only to him>
2: at the very least <it was only too true>
3a : in the final outcome <will only make you sick> b : with nevertheless the final result <won the battles, only to lose the war>
4a : as recently as : not before <only last week> <only in the last year did she get recognition> b : in the immediate past <only just talked to her>
Usage Discussion of ONLY
The placement of only in a sentence has been a source of studious commentary since the 18th century, most of it intended to prove by force of argument that prevailing standard usage is wrong. After 200 years of preachment the following observations may be made: the position of only in standard spoken English is not fixed, since ambiguity is avoided through sentence stress; in casual prose that keeps close to the rhythms of speech only is often placed where it would be in speech; and in edited and more formal prose only tends to be placed immediately before the word or words it modifies.
Examples of ONLY
She had been there only twice in her life.
There are only two more weeks until summer vacation.
It's only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.
Do you really have to leave? It's only eight o'clock.
He was only a baby when his father died.
Leave her alone. She's only a kid.
The building is only about 10 years old.
It was quiet in the room, but only for a moment.
She is only partly to blame.
The club is for women only.
First Known Use of ONLY
14th century
Related to ONLY
Synonyms: alone, exclusively, just, solely, purely, simply
Antonyms: anciently
Related Words: basically, by and large, chiefly, generally, largely, mainly, mostly, predominantly, primarily, principally, substantially
Near Antonyms: additionally, also, besides, likewise
see all synonyms and antonyms
[+]more[-]hide
3onlyconjunction
Definition of ONLY
1a : with the restriction that : but <you may go, only come back early> b : and yet : however <they look very nice, only we can't use them>
2: were it not that : except <I'd introduce you to her, only you'd win her — Jack London>
Examples of ONLY
I'd love to sing along, only I don't know the words.
They did have a radio, only it was broken.
We wanted to buy that painting, only it was far too expensive.
First Known Use of ONLY
14th century
Related to ONLY
Synonyms: but, except, saving, yet

Learn More About ONLY
Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for "only"
Spanish-English Dictionary: Translation of "only"
Browse
Next Word in the Dictionary: onmarch
Previous Word in the Dictionary: onlooker
All Words Near: only
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up only? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible

mmwwwhahaha
12-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Good lord, dude. Let me rephrase for your sensitive heart...

“Prince. Purple Rain Tour. That would be a great idea. I would really enjoy that show.”

Didn't realize this was the type of forum that makes a girl go from excited to :emo in a span of 2 minutes.

Mugwog
12-13-2012, 12:05 PM
Welcome to Coachella forums
*queue Jurassic Park theme*

JackRabbit003
12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
A Prince and the Revolution reunion would be stellar

heart cooks brain
12-13-2012, 01:47 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

xanman86
12-13-2012, 03:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yukkMNOH8_E

JackRabbit003
12-14-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xl92k4_empty-room-a-montreux_music#.UMtTybaHphI

nathanfairchild
12-14-2012, 12:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDBBlRnIZBk

iammrcandyman
12-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Prince unfortunately wouldn't sell tickets for the modern Coachella crowd.

slverstone
12-14-2012, 12:39 PM
would be awesome, saw him in la last year. but considering he won't play several of those songs anymore...

GuyInTucson
12-14-2012, 12:42 PM
Prince unfortunately wouldn't sell tickets for the modern Coachella crowd.

An appearance by Prince won't impact the number of ticket sales in any way, shape or form. Coachella sells itself out whether Prince is there or not.

iammrcandyman
12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
An appearance by Prince won't impact the number of ticket sales in any way, shape or form. Coachella sells itself out whether Prince is there or not.

You have a point, but GV has to appeal to their mean audience member with headliners, which IMO, Prince no longer does.

vogina
12-14-2012, 01:02 PM

I GOT YOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8zlUUrFK-M