PDA

View Full Version : Transport from Airport(PalmSpr or Ont) to Festival

Eastwitheden
01-23-2007, 08:41 AM
I'm more than likely planning to fly into either Palm Springs or Ontario so I'm wondering how you then get from the aiport to the festival site for camping...

More so, what's the avg. cost of getting from there to the site..do they have shuttles, taxis, buses?

Many thanks...

Eastwitheden
01-23-2007, 08:51 AM
anyone?

rudedog14hh
01-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I would think that you would need to rent a car from ONT or Palm Springs. Unless someone sets up a charter bus or something like that

Brentw0
01-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing...im flying into Palm Springs...but have no real idea how im gonna get to the event... Cab i guess?? bus maybe? anyone out there have suggestions or and idea of how much it would cost to get from PS to Coachella? Thx for anyhelp

Balthazar B
01-24-2007, 07:02 PM
Skateboard...

definately.

I_am_138
01-25-2007, 02:50 PM
$60+ cab ride from palm springs. No local public transporation.grrr.
$120+ from Ontario.
rancho mirage cab company is the best out there.
number: 760-322-2008 for Rancho Mirage Cab

Brentw0
01-25-2007, 03:15 PM
60$ for a cab from Palmsprings to *****?! Thats not too bad at all, i was thinking more 100$, I think i'll be cabbing. i looked into the bus thing, but its looks overly complicated and stupid, lol.

foto_synthesis
01-25-2007, 03:44 PM
I already looked into it. Economy car rental from Enterprise at the Palm Springs Airport from Thurs - Mon is about $100. You have your own transportation to get to and from the airport and somewhere to stash your valuables. No public transport. No hurry up and wait. No worries.

Brentw0
01-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Rental car might be the way to go! lol, looking for some one to split the cost of that car with ya foto? ;)

crooked
01-25-2007, 06:15 PM
i dont drive so rental is out of the question. i guess i'm going with the cab... so if i say coachella onsite campgrounds would the cabbie know where to go or do i need to give an address? anyone fancy sharing a cab to split the price?

gaypalmsprings
01-25-2007, 11:52 PM
The $60+ PSP to ***** is each way. Cheaper to rent a car. I live 3 miles from PSP airport, & they charge $20 each way - so I think $60 is an underestimate to *****.

Brentw0
01-26-2007, 04:49 AM
The $60+ PSP to ***** is each way. Cheaper to rent a car. I live 3 miles from PSP airport, & they charge $20 each way - so I think $60 is an underestimate to *****.

Yeah, the more i look into it, the more i'm leaning towards getting a rental car.

beyondthepale70
01-26-2007, 03:20 PM
If you fly into palm springs maybe you can use a shuttle service to get to coachella or taxi. Maybe, you could post and someone would offer you a ride.
Good Luck!

crooked
01-26-2007, 05:25 PM
If you fly into palm springs maybe you can use a shuttle service to get to coachella or taxi. Maybe, you could post and someone would offer you a ride.
Good Luck!

is there definitely a shuttle service that goes directly to Coachella? how much is it, and how long is the ride?

jorluivil
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
When are you flying in?

Schnak23
02-17-2007, 04:02 PM
Anyword on a ride to ontario on Monday?? I have a flight at 9:30am and I need to get there from the festival.

Brett

amyadele
02-17-2007, 05:14 PM
i'm also flying into palm springs with a friend. i wanted to rent a car, but neither of us are 25 (we're 22 and 24), so the extra fee per day isn't worth it. i'd definitely go in on one with someone of age though if anyone is interested.

gaypalmsprings
01-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Do you remember when Indio was *****?

fiopadp7791
01-26-2010, 08:44 PM
i'm also flying into palm springs with a friend. i wanted to rent a car, but neither of us are 25 (we're 22 and 24), so the extra fee per day isn't worth it. i'd definitely go in on one with someone of age though if anyone is interested.

For all of you looking for ways to get to the fest from the various airports in SoCal, look in the carpool section of this website. People are offering rides from all over. If you don't see what you want, start a thread in that section and most likely someone will help you. The amount of people posting in that section will increase as we get closer to the 'fest.

Be sure to give as many specifics as possible-
Which airport are you flying into/leaving?
What day and what time are you arriving?
What day and what time are you leaving after the 'fest?
How many people are you traveling with?
Are you willing to chip in on gas?
Happy searching
-Pete

lowfront
01-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm landing in psp at thursday around noon...willing to wait around a little if someone wants to split a car rental. there is only 2 of us.

jimmycrackcorn
01-26-2010, 09:31 PM
there IS public transportation
http://www.sunline.org/home/index.asp?page=150

it will entail $2, some research on your part, and a LOT of walking/dragging your stuff around if you're camping...

a cab ride will cost you $100+ especially if you stop somewhere along the way for supplies and have the cab wait...

mau5y
01-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I would think that you would need to rent a car from ONT or Palm Springs. Unless someone sets up a charter bus or something like that

there's probably a shuttle that goes to the polo fields....or possibly somewhere within walking distance

lowfront
01-26-2010, 09:35 PM
thats some good awful public transport to coachella...

why o why can't they just set up some shuttles for fucks sakes

jimmycrackcorn
01-26-2010, 09:36 PM
that bus drops you off i dunno a mile or two from the festival... hwy 111 & monroe is where you'll want to get off the bus... it gets warm out here in the desert at that time of year and you're going to have to lug your gear onto the bus & to the fest from the drops... more hassle than it's worth in my opinion but if you're on a serious budget doable... otherwise rent a car or make other arrangements...

Dooney
02-02-2010, 10:12 AM
sorry if I'm repeating something, but go to sunline.org It's a public transit website that shows you the routes and schedules of the buses. I am flying to palm springs, then taking the 111 to Indio, and then the 90 to Coachella. It only costs one dollar! I've never done it before, so I am hoping that there won't be a huge line up Thursday afternoon for the buses. Anyone else know about this?

mrnickelf
02-03-2010, 11:14 AM
Newbie here - First Coachella

Planning on flying into PSP, taking a cab to the embassy suites in Palm Springs and catching the Coachella shuttle from there.

Am I missing anything in this great scheme??

Also, anyone familiar with Palm Springs? I want to get a cooler/food/drink upon arrival and before heading out to the fest.

Norwalkguy
02-03-2010, 04:51 PM
i have a friend flying into PS airport and she has NO idea how shes gettting to the fest..

Coachella should REALLY take care of this and provide a reasonably priced shuttle for everyone..

beltanegoddess
02-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I went to this site to get a discount code for the Budget at the Ontario airport, and wound up paying $114 including tax and unlimited mileage for an economy/compact car rental from Thursday night, the 15th, through Monday morning, the 19th. They have different companies and different deals depending on your needs.

http://www.rentalcarmomma.com/

malcolmjamalawesome
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
i have a friend flying into PS airport and she has NO idea how shes gettting to the fest..

Coachella should REALLY take care of this and provide a reasonably priced shuttle for everyone..

pffffffffft

Jankypirate
02-14-2010, 11:23 AM
Ill be driving to the campgrounds Thursday afternoon and would be willing to stop by Palm Springs if anyone needs a ride. You would have to ride in the bed of my truck but there would be plenty of room for your stuff and it beats paying for a cab!

PM me if interrested.