PDA

View Full Version : Uk tickets??

ggaarratt
01-23-2007, 08:38 AM
hiya guys im a bit of a noob on this festival
never been before
but i was wandering wether the fact i live in uk will effect my chance of getting tickets??

tessalasset
01-23-2007, 09:17 AM
coachella isn't ridiculous like glastonbury is. if you go to ticketmaster when tickets go on sale, you will be able to get them. none of this "get in line, take a number" stuff.

sonofhal
01-23-2007, 09:19 AM
Shouldn't make any difference - you just book 'em like everyone else. You can pick them up on the door (there was a huge queue to pick up tickets last year, but virtually none the year before - not sure why)

This'll be my 4th time flying over.

tommycash
01-23-2007, 10:22 AM
anyone know exactly what time the tickets go on sale? im in the UK so UK time would be helpful

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 10:37 AM
2am saturday morning im in the uk too.... never been

hope its good!

RAGE

tommycash
01-23-2007, 10:51 AM
lol rage indeed! thats the only reason i wanna go :D where bouts in the uk you based? how much money you reckon your gonna have to spend?

SheriNOIR
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm coming from the UK too.
Not sure what I'm doing about a flight over there, looking at a few sites and the cheapest I could find was around 300 pounds return. A bit pricey but Rage are worth it !

Sheri.

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 11:22 AM
Its realisticly going to cost about a grand.

Festival tix/camping
Flights/other transport fee's
Hotel (as im staying a few days befor an after)
Expenses....

easily a grand.

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 11:23 AM
& yes, the MAIN reason im going is for rage.

SheriNOIR
01-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I was thinking about the camping option, though it's the booking flights. I might camp then hotel it for a night or two, to recover for the flight home. I'm gonna have to save my pennies up, I have around 800 altogether. Maybe more it depends. Just going to keep searching for cheapish flights and a carpool over there. Thanks for the help.

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 11:39 AM
cool well if at any point you do want some companions (were not much good) lol that will be fine & dandy.

I currently dont have a penny- im not worried! GOOD ol' bristish mentality for ya.

If you do find any particularly cheap flights will you post links, an i'll do likewise.

Blimsters
01-23-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm also heading over from the UK to see RATM. Here's my opinions on costs etc..

Hopefully get a hold of a day ticket for about $100
The cheapest flights I've seen are 268 from Manchester, connecting in Chicago, through STA travel. You need to be a student to get that price though.
I think I'm going to go on the Thursday (cheaper flights) then just hang around in LA until the sunday morning, there are some decent hostels around Hollywood, $60 for 3 nights.
Greyhound from LA to Indio is about $26, so $52 plus fees for return.
About $25 per day food and drink budget

So I reckon by not spending much in LA (there's not much to do anyway), could be done on about 500 or less. We're lucky the exchange rate is so good as well, since the interest rates have gone up, so cheers to the Bank of England I guess :)

SheriNOIR
01-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Sounds great thanks. I'll keep a look out for bargain flights, stopping global warming will have to wait. I know someone who is going but it's not a dead cert, I didn't even know about this until he told me.

Sheri.

Tomasz
01-23-2007, 01:03 PM
I'm coming from sunny Wolverhampton, England. Hope there won't be any problems, but I'm torn between collecting tickets and risking there being a c0ck up at the door, or having them posted, and risk them being lost on the trip across the atlantic :\

Tickets on sale from 6pm our time on Saturday, they're 8 hours behind.

tommycash
01-23-2007, 01:37 PM
anyone know the closest airport and exactly where it is so i can figure out how im getting there! is it far from the airport?
im hoping to get a day ticket, go up the day before and come back the day after and im either going to take a tent or use a youth hostel, or maybe rough it! not sure yet gonna plan that after ive got my tickets!
im coming from brighton! anyone down that way?
yea i saw flights from about 300

tommycash
01-23-2007, 01:39 PM
also are there going to be a limited number of tickets for the UK? and does anyone know how many tickets are actualy going on sale?

Blimsters
01-23-2007, 02:09 PM
anyone know the closest airport and exactly where it is so i can figure out how im getting there! is it far from the airport?
im hoping to get a day ticket, go up the day before and come back the day after and im either going to take a tent or use a youth hostel, or maybe rough it! not sure yet gonna plan that after ive got my tickets!

The closest airport is LAX, Indio's just outside of LA. Don't let that make you think it's a breeze to get to though, LA's massive. I reckon the best way to get to Indio without a car is by coach with Greyhound, looked before and it takes about 3 hours for $26. If I remember right the station's near downtown somewhere. I was in LA about a year ago and got a bus from the city to the airport, took about half an hour I think. The place is a pain to get around because of its size, but the public transport is good.

tessalasset
01-23-2007, 02:14 PM
2am saturday morning...wouldn't 10 am PST be 6 pm UK?

Blimsters
01-23-2007, 02:50 PM
...wouldn't 10 am PST be 6 pm UK?

Yeah

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 03:23 PM
6pm thats right.

tommycash
01-24-2007, 01:20 AM
The closest airport is LAX, Indio's just outside of LA. Don't let that make you think it's a breeze to get to though, LA's massive. I reckon the best way to get to Indio without a car is by coach with Greyhound, looked before and it takes about 3 hours for $26. If I remember right the station's near downtown somewhere. I was in LA about a year ago and got a bus from the city to the airport, took about half an hour I think. The place is a pain to get around because of its size, but the public transport is good.

ahhh thanks alot :)

Riffage
01-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Im flying out from London, UK.

Me and a few guys from work are gonna do the 3-day camping. Cant wait!

Can UK people buy tix from ticketmaster.com? I dont see Coachella on .co.uk.

Sex opera
01-24-2007, 03:27 AM
Thanks to whoever mentioned Sta travel, i completely forgot about them. It's only about 30 cheaper than the flights i was looking it, but i'm paying for 2 people and am really broke, But it's worth it for Rage

randy ricochet
01-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Its a big world out there kids!!!!...course you can buy international tickets in the UK.
I'm going from London to San Fran then driving down to the festival....There's about 4 of us brits.....1 southerner, 3 northerners!!!

nabila
01-24-2007, 03:03 PM
ahh this is all so exciting, coming over from london as well with 2 other mates, gonna fly into lax was looking on sta travel 300 seems about the best price for no stops to la, you can book with sta if you're a student or under 26 so its worth checking out.

gonna hopefully get the greyhound from la and do the onsite camping for the 3 days, theres more than one greyhound bus right lol?

if anyone wants to they can add me msn scouse0163@msn.com so we can compare stuff!

Sex opera
01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds like you got the same plan as me nabila

So UK people, shall we get a big camp going in the campsite where we can drink tea in bowler hats for the benefit of our yankee hosts?

randy ricochet
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
If you book before end of this week .it is the BA sale...I got 300 to San Fran.
Thats well cheap compared to normal....mind you i'm not a student anymore!!!!

tomanderson27
01-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Im going to be travelling out there at the time by myself so it would ne nice to meet up with some fellow brits/londoners. We should organize a meet up. Add me on msn to sort stuff out tomanderson27@hotmail.com

ArmTheHomeless
01-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Has everyone got pre-sale tickets already? I can't find out where to get them and I'm not around on Saturday to let Ticketmaster mess me around. Is there another pre-sale this afternoon?

Sex opera
01-25-2007, 04:28 AM
Theres a presale on ticketmaster today, i think it starts at 6pm our time. I signed up to the coachella mailing list yesterday and got emailed about it this morning. I think the password is Indio

ArmTheHomeless
01-25-2007, 05:34 AM
Yep, found it. Awesome, thanks for that. I was hoping to go to Glasto this year but it looks like Coachella will be guaranteed sunshine and the line up is going to be pretty hard to beat.

Sex opera
01-25-2007, 05:47 AM
Yep, found it. Awesome, thanks for that. I was hoping to go to Glasto this year but it looks like Coachella will be guaranteed sunshine and the line up is going to be pretty hard to beat.

Same here, It was Glasto all the way until Rage got annouced. I nearly couldn't justify it for rage alone but the whole line-up is awesome

I'm just hoping that with the supposed one-of addition of rage that it doesn't sell out too quickly because I probably can't get tickets straight away

nabila
01-25-2007, 06:04 AM
Sounds like you got the same plan as me nabila

So UK people, shall we get a big camp going in the campsite where we can drink tea in bowler hats for the benefit of our yankee hosts?

lol yes a big tea drinking session with scones and we can talk about question time!! OR we could just get ridiculously drunk and show them how loud and obnoxious we can be in a very nice and unthreatening manner of course!

is everybody from the uk buying tix with their own credit card?? they dont accept switch and im wondering whether to use my parents card or not?

tomanderson27
01-25-2007, 11:17 AM
yeah i was worried about that too but i spoke to ticketmaster in la and they said its fine to use your parents card as long as you have the same last name as them and you bring the card with you on the day. Got mine already.

ArmTheHomeless
01-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I just got tickets from the KROQ pre-sale hook up. Nice. Dug out an old RATM vhs and the footage of Reading festival looks insane. One of the bands I regret never seeing and couldn't believe it when I saw they'd reformed. They'll probably show up in Manchester in May after I've waxed a grand or so bumming around California for a week waiting to see them.

Tomasz
01-25-2007, 01:08 PM
It'll be no problem finding each other chaps, we'll be the ones shouting

BOLLOCKS!!

At about 4 am :D

sonofhal
01-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Bollocks!! That reminds me of Reading festival so much.

ArmTheHomeless
01-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Thankfully we won't be seeing the chemical romance fella shouting "fuck the daily mail" ala reading 2006.

nabila
01-25-2007, 02:09 PM
aww i love random chating at festivals!

Jas0nP
01-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Just another 'making sure' question.

When booking tickets we brits are allowed to use the print your own tickets option rather than have to collect them right?

Thanks

psychic friend
01-25-2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.ticketmaster.com/h/international.html

International Customers
International orders for tickets to a U.S. event must be placed at least 10 days prior to the event. Tickets will be held in Will Call at the venue box office where the event will take place. A service fee applies to international orders.

markomcg
01-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Ok im stil unsure about this. Is there no possible way of getting tickets and collecting them at the will call box office WITHOUT the credit card? I highly doubt that my parents would like me bringing their credit card with me? Would a printed off conformation page and passport not be enough??

Tomasz
01-27-2007, 02:02 AM
Best to email ticketmaster I guess? You might be ok, but do you want to take the chance when you've flown half way round the world?!

northernmum
01-27-2007, 02:21 AM
Hi Marcomcg
Ticketmaster accept debit card payments so why not get your kind parents to put the funds into your main account, buy them on your normal bank debit card and then, of course, take it with you to pick up from Will Call? Or, if parents not willing to stump up(!) arrange a nice overdraft with your main account and use debit card?
It's what my son did and he bought 2 on presale for himself and his mate.
Could that work for you?
Good luck!

markomcg
01-27-2007, 02:45 AM
In the mean time i emailed the festival and told them the situation and they said that if i brought aphotocopy of the card and the cardholders ID i'll be ok. But i'll look into your suggestion...to be on the safe side. Thanks for the idea

robbieS
01-27-2007, 10:21 AM
OR we could just get ridiculously drunk and show them how loud and obnoxious we can be in a very nice and unthreatening manner of course

Much prefer this option than to the tea drinking session!
Just bought our tickets too, can't believe i'm coming to L.A., 5 of us from the Bath area, bring it on!

P.S. The Bollocks shouting from Reading just has to be carried over there, it'll be like a little call-sign to all other fellow Brits, a secret calling sound :) (Although, not so secret now that it's on a public forum)

SYPHUN
01-27-2007, 10:23 AM
OK got a huge problem, buying tickets from the Uk but from my mates card, who is not coming with me. It says that the person whose ticket it is as to be there to collect it.

Is there any way around this?

Tomasz
01-27-2007, 10:39 AM
OK got a huge problem, buying tickets from the Uk but from my mates card, who is not coming with me. It says that the person whose ticket it is as to be there to collect it.

Is there any way around this?

About three posts up:

In the mean time i emailed the festival and told them the situation and they said that if i brought aphotocopy of the card and the cardholders ID i'll be ok.

Brandon
01-27-2007, 10:49 AM
2am saturday morning im in the uk too.... never been

hope its good!

RAGE

no it aint 2am its 6pm! penis

SYPHUN
01-27-2007, 01:31 PM
fucking hell!!!
im from uk

I called america ticket master on the phone for 30 fucking minutes, and then he says i cant get the ticket because the person whose card it as to pick them up at the venue(hes not going) or he as to be a dfamily member(hes not)
then my mate calls using his brothers card and they say yes ok,but u need an american landline(which we dont hav).

It would be easier buying a fucking wife then getting a ticket!!!!!

can anyone help me plz

desperate

northernmum
01-27-2007, 01:42 PM
All I can suggest is getting someone to put the funds into your own current account/getting a bigger overdraft and then buying from Ticketmaster with your debit card - which they accept if it's like visa Delta or similar. That way you'd be the person collecting from WillCall and would have the card with you.
Can't think of anything else, soz!

bleedblack
01-27-2007, 01:59 PM

Just to let you know the closest airport is not LAX, Ontario is much closer and more convenient to fly into. I am not sure if international flights fly into there but you can definitely get a connection from any major U.S. city to Ontario.

bleedblack
01-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Regarding the airports nearest Coachella, Palm Springs International would be the closest. I didn't realize it was International but it is. Palm Springs is adjacent to Indio where the Polo Grounds are located. So literally minutes away from it. Ontario is an 1 hour and 1/2 away, LAX would be over 2 hours away.

http://www.palmspringsairport.com/airlines.html

funcod
01-28-2007, 02:55 AM
I had to use a visa card for the above problem

When I ordered (from ticketmaster.com) the only option it offered me was to pick up the tickets from will call or whatever it is. If they don't actually have to validate the card, your mate could cancel his and you could juts take the old one with his name on it maybe?

:]

Hexaflex
01-28-2007, 04:08 AM
Ahhhhh damn it!! Damn it!! For some reason I thought tickets were going on sale today at 6pm, not yesterday... arghhhh!

Ticketmaster says it's down for routine maintenance atm, anyone know when it might be back up? I desperately want a 3 day ticket.. those are more likely to be available than the limited 1 day ones, right?

Tell a devoted Leeds fest-er I can still go :)

Edit: Hahahahaha!! Literally a minute after I posted this Ticketmaster came back up. 3-day ticket tyvm! See you guys and girls at Coachella! :D :D

bingo_caller
01-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Check my thread. ON picking up tickets from willcall having ordered with some one elses card.

All your questions will be anwsered!