PDA

View Full Version : Semi-Official MLB Baseball Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-01-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm heading off to Miller Park tomorrow for the Dodgers game and.....START OF SEASON 2007 !!
Should be a good game, and despite the serious ownage Lowe has over the Crew, I'm predicting a low-scoring squeaky Milwaukee 2-1 win.

I'm also predicting there will be flowing Miller products, the brats will taste superb and the Chorizo will win the 6th inning Sausage Race, despite his floppy sombrero!

Anyone else going to a game? Details? Predictions? Aw fuck it, do what you like - you usually do anyway!

AEversW
04-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Dodger are gonna kick the shit out of the brew crew. Lowe is gonna go 7 innings with 6 K's and 2 hits and then Broxton and Saito will close the door.

C DUB YA
04-01-2007, 10:49 PM
Going down to Cincy to see the reborn Cubs clobber the Rednecks.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Dodger are gonna kick the shit out of the brew crew. Lowe is gonna go 7 innings with 6 K's and 2 hits and then Broxton and Saito will close the door.

Lowe's gonna K 6? That'll be a surprise for a non-strikeout-groundball-pitcher.

Now if Sheets gets on his game. Look out beyotches! 12Ks at least!

AEversW
04-02-2007, 12:06 AM
Lowe has a career 5.77 K's per 9 innings pitched plus has you said he has owned the brewers. Sheets if he's on tomorrow it will be a great pitching match. I actaully have the brewers winning the central this year.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Lowe has a career 5.77 K's per 9 innings pitched plus has you said he has owned the brewers. Sheets if he's on tomorrow it will be a great pitching match. I actaully have the brewers winning the central this year.

They certainly are the sexy pick for the NL Central, but that worries those of us used to the 100 loss seasons of old.
The Dodgers look to be the class of the NL West (although recently that's not saying much!) although 'Zona's rotation looks better, the kids in Colorado are getting better and the Bonds Freakshow in the Bay have decent young pitching and their Dad's Army hitters.

As for today, I'm clinging desperately to the thought that Lowe is 0-2 on opening day...

gaypalmsprings
04-02-2007, 07:19 AM
http://cagle.msnbc.com/news/BondsSteroids/images/wright.gif

BoardsofCoachella
04-02-2007, 07:29 AM
I'm going to the Angels game tomorrow night ; they're playing against Texas.
It's also Tim Salmon bobblehead night.

york707
04-02-2007, 07:31 AM
hey guys -- I've already been to a game this season!

TomAz
04-02-2007, 07:40 AM
hey york -- I saw Roberto Clemente play. live. in person. he even threw a guy out at home plate from deep right field.

I don't understand all these national pundits picking the Diamondbacks to win the west or take the wild card. I mean, I hope they're right and I'm wrong, but I'm seeing a .500 season this year.

I hate the Yankees. I really do. I hope the all die in a plane crash and don't make the playoffs.

My picks.

AL East Red Sox
AL Central Twins
AL West A's
Wild Card Angels
Pennant Red Sox

NL East Mets
NL Central Reds
NL West Dodgers
Wildcard Phillies
Pennant Mets

WS Red Sox over Mets

york707
04-02-2007, 08:10 AM
Hey Tom -

roberto73
04-02-2007, 08:53 AM
It's miserable being a Cincinnati Reds fan in Southern California. Actually, for the last decade it's been miserable being a Reds fan, period. But that didn't stop me from buying a ticket to see their asses get handed to them by the Dodgers on May 11.

Mabdul Doobakus
04-02-2007, 09:03 AM
The Marlins are gonna win today, ya heard?

gaypalmsprings
04-02-2007, 09:15 AM
I'm a Detroit Tigers fan. I went to 3 Pittsburgh Pirates games last year (in PIT), former home of Roberto Clemente (I have Bob Clemente rookie card - original from when I was a kid), and the Pirates were really bad. The park is the BEST, however.

AEversW
04-02-2007, 09:56 AM
The Marlins are gonna win today, ya heard?

that won't be hard...they are playing the nationals. A college team could beat the Nats.

jjbaldwi
04-02-2007, 10:09 AM
angels in 07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuck the dodgers. nomar, kent, gonzo is the worst middle of the order in the NL west

Yablonowitz
04-02-2007, 10:18 AM
Lowe's gonna K 6? That'll be a surprise for a non-strikeout-groundball-pitcher.

Now if Sheets gets on his game. Look out beyotches! 12Ks at least!

Why a real team hasn't lured Sheets away is beyond me. Man, I'd kick Zito right off our staff for Sheets.

TomAz
04-02-2007, 10:32 AM
nomar, kent, gonzo is the worst middle of the order in the NL west

that's a good point. Two pussies and a geezer.

Yablonowitz
04-02-2007, 10:53 AM
hey guys -- I've already been to a game this season!

Yeah, how'd that turn out for you?

AEversW
04-02-2007, 10:54 AM
angels in 07!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuck the dodgers. nomar, kent, gonzo is the worst middle of the order in the NL west

haha yeah you're all kinds of wrong.

AEversW
04-02-2007, 10:55 AM
The Padres easily have the worst lineup in the NL west.

york707
04-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Yeah, how'd that turn out for you?

I've already dealt with that and moved on. So should you.

TomAz
04-02-2007, 10:57 AM
He's a Giants fan. Having no hope for his own team, he's just reveling in the misfortunre of others at every chance.

BoardsofCoachella
04-02-2007, 12:20 PM
Why a real team hasn't lured Sheets away is beyond me. Man, I'd kick Zito right off our staff for Sheets.

Sheets almost had a no hitter today.

summerkid
04-02-2007, 12:50 PM
The Padres easily have the worst lineup in the NL west.

I was going to say...worse than the Padres? But having said that the Dodgers' lineup isn't thaaat much better.

AEversW
04-02-2007, 01:17 PM
yeah Gonzo is the weak link in the lineup. He looked pathetic today. Now grady little wants to platoon matt kemp with Andre Ethier. Thats completely stupid. Ethier is far superior to Gonzo.

kimery08
04-02-2007, 01:19 PM
does anyone know the website where season ticket holders sell their game-day seats? i cant remember it for the life of me.

TomAz
04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Stub Hub.

summerkid
04-02-2007, 01:24 PM
yeah Gonzo is the weak link in the lineup. He looked pathetic today. Now grady little wants to platoon matt kemp with Andre Ethier. Thats completely stupid. Ethier is far superior to Gonzo.

yeah...I really didn't understand that signing. I remember when he said he wanted to come to San Diego and I was praying he wouldn't.

kimery08
04-02-2007, 01:25 PM
thanks tom.

chunk
04-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I don't understand all these national pundits picking the Diamondbacks to win the west or take the wild card.

i thought everybody had the dodgers winning the west. i think sports illustrated had them going to the world series.

AEversW
04-02-2007, 01:42 PM
yeah...I really didn't understand that signing. I remember when he said he wanted to come to San Diego and I was praying he wouldn't.

Grady and Ned are so in love with "proven veterans" its pathetic. Gonzo is washed up and needs to be on the bench. Im getting sick of grady little. I'm making Fire Grady Tshirts for the games i go to this year

TomAz
04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
i thought everybody had the dodgers winning the west. i think sports illustrated had them going to the world series.

most have the Dodgers, yes, but a few (more than a few, actually) are taking the D'backs as the 'sexy' underdog pick.

Down Rodeo
04-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Grady and Ned are so in love with "proven veterans" its pathetic. Gonzo is washed up and needs to be on the bench. Im getting sick of grady little. I'm making Fire Grady Tshirts for the games i go to this year

Hey, look at the job Grady did last year with a team that had absolutely no power. Give the man a little credit.

AEversW
04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Hey, look at the job Grady did last year with a team that had absolutely no power. Give the man a little credit.

he did some good things last year but i think we underachieved thats year. Its beyond reasoning for him to have started Mark Hendrickson so he could lose 8 straight decisions. Also he played julio lugo 4 times a week. Lugo sucked and he still played him.

and you can't forget about him putting Brett Bombko in the Rotation instead of Chad Billingsley.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-02-2007, 10:14 PM
I was one of those who bought into the Dodger 2007 love, I must admit.

But oh my, the Dodgers have, without a doubt, the worst defensive outfield I have ever seen. Gonzo and Pierre need 2 cut-off men to hit the infield!

How'd that supposed Brew Crew ass-kicking work out, by the way?

For tomorrow's entertainment, Mr. Randy Wolf. Can't wait.

And for Yablo, Sheets is on a decent team, he doesn't need to be lured anywhere. Why is it the big city ballclubs think they have a monopoly on the best players?
We have him for at least another 3 years. Maybe he'll have one of those big rings by then...

AEversW
04-02-2007, 10:27 PM
today was seriously the most pathetic dodger game i've seen in a while. Sheets just shut us down and Lowe forgot to take his ADD medicine.

Juan Pierre throws like a girl but his speed can compensate for it sometimes. Gonzo shouldn't be starting at all. Matt Kemp or James Loney should be. Gonzo needs to be on the bench.

summerkid
04-03-2007, 07:13 AM
most have the Dodgers, yes, but a few (more than a few, actually) are taking the D'backs as the 'sexy' underdog pick.

which is stupid. They have a ton of young talented players, but they aren't ready to win 90 games quite yet.

mountmccabe
04-03-2007, 08:41 AM
It feels exceedingly weird that the sexy underdog pick has passed from the Padres to the Diamondbacks.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 08:45 AM
which is stupid. They have a ton of young talented players, but they aren't ready to win 90 games quite yet.

yeah they are...they won 88 last year and no team in the division got any better. Grady Little and Ned Colletti are just fucking morons. Matt Kemp should be starting in left. Gonzo is a great clubhouse guy but after yesterdays pathetic attempt to catch a fly ball it's kinda obvious he can't play at the level he used to be.

It's frustrating. We have the prospect and the money to be a contender for 10 years but we aren't using them. Chad Billingsley should be in the rotation too. Brett Bombko is a joke.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 08:46 AM
It feels exceedingly weird that the sexy underdog pick has passed from the Padres to the Diamondbacks.

it's cuz the padres have an anemic offense and an even more anemic farm system. This is the padres last year to have any kind of chance at the division.

J~$$$
04-03-2007, 08:47 AM
http://stereogum.com/mp3/The%20Hold%20Steady%20-%20Take%20Me%20Out%20To%20The%20Ballgame.mp3

AEversW
04-03-2007, 08:48 AM
http://stereogum.com/mp3/The%20Hold%20Steady%20-%20Take%20Me%20Out%20To%20The%20Ballgame.mp3

wow...i didn't think it was possible to hate the hold steady even more.

kimery08
04-03-2007, 08:54 AM
go angels.

Hannahrain
04-03-2007, 08:56 AM
it's cuz the padres have an anemic offense and an even more anemic farm system. This is the padres last year to have any kind of chance at the division.

There's nothing wrong with being anemic. Fuck social stigma. It's like when people say "goddamnit, that is SO anemic" or "dang, that's so anna". It HURTS, man. Please refrain from using medical slurs.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 09:06 AM
go angels.

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

oh well tommy lasorda said it was ok for dodger fans to like the angels he said..."Its ok the like the angels, just as long as you hate the giants". Thats pretty much all that matters really.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 09:07 AM
There's nothing wrong with being anemic. Fuck social stigma. It's like when people say "goddamnit, that is SO anemic" or "dang, that's so anna". It HURTS, man. Please refrain from using medical slurs.

meat on the bones is good.

BoardsofCoachella
04-03-2007, 09:08 AM
go angels.

Yes.

Yablonowitz
04-03-2007, 09:09 AM
[QUOTE=John Peel is My Co-pilot;126243]Sheets is on a decent team/QUOTE]

OK, whatever you say, Mr. Cheese-tinted glasses. I saw a Brewer game once at the old stadium - holy crap, what a crowd. They also got their ass handed to them on a platter by the Mariners. Back when they were in the AL. I like them in the NL now...a few more guaranteed wins is always a good thing.

Hannahrain
04-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I was kidding, AeversW, but I think you misunderstand anemia a bit. Microcytic anemia is the most common kind. It's an iron deficiency that is very common, affecting one in five women. Most don't even know they have it. It's not really a "meat on the bones" thing, although it could be considered by some a "not eating enough meat" thing.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I was kidding, AeversW, but I think you misunderstand anemia a bit. Microcytic anemia is the most common kind. It's an iron deficiency that is very common, affecting one in five women. Most don't even know they have it. It's not really a "meat on the bones" thing, although it could be considered by some a "not eating enough meat" thing.

yeah i know...my step mom is anemic...i was using it to describe their offense as weak. i just misread what you wrote. I thought you said anorexia.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 09:27 AM
OK, whatever you say, Mr. Cheese-tinted glasses. I saw a Brewer game once at the old stadium - holy crap, what a crowd. They also got their ass handed to them on a platter by the Mariners. Back when they were in the AL. I like them in the NL now...a few more guaranteed wins is always a good thing.

yeah thats because NL baseball is real baseball. No DH, no small ball parks.

kb824
04-03-2007, 09:46 AM
The Diamondbacks will finish 4th in the NL West this year. Padres third, the Giants and Dodgers will fight it out for first.

J~$$$
04-03-2007, 09:53 AM
"and you show by how you root for your baseball teams."

TomAz
04-03-2007, 09:54 AM
The Diamondbacks will finish 4th in the NL West this year. Padres third, the Giants and Dodgers will fight it out for first.

On a different note I'm fucking sick and tired of you idiot baseball fans from the Midwest. Its too cold there to play baseball and your all fat and disgusting. You can only play baseball during the summer, thats why most big leaguers come from So Cal, AZ, and So. FL. In short, shut the fuck up. The Brewers suck, the Cubs suck, the Reds suck, most of all Midwestern fans suck. Almost no baseball talent comes from the Midwest so shut your fucking mouths. You guys live in the ass crack of the nation, and you show by how you root for your baseball teams.

when I read your first paragraph, I was going to comment on what a fucking retard you are, but then I read your second paragraph and saw that you'd already done it for me.

roberto73
04-03-2007, 10:05 AM

On a different note I'm fucking sick and tired of you idiot baseball fans from the Midwest. Its too cold there to play baseball and your all fat and disgusting. You can only play baseball during the summer, thats why most big leaguers come from So Cal, AZ, and So. FL. In short, shut the fuck up. The Brewers suck, the Cubs suck, the Reds suck, most of all Midwestern fans suck. Almost no baseball talent comes from the Midwest so shut your fucking mouths. You guys live in the ass crack of the nation, and you show by how you root for your baseball teams.

Wow. Nothing like some sweeping generalizations to start my day. I'll assume your comment is intended to be a parody of a rabid sports fan, because there's no way anyone could really be this stupid.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 10:12 AM
these are my predictions for the league this year...

AL East:
Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
O's
D Rays

AL Central:
Tigers
Indians (WC)
White Sox
Twins
Royals

AL West:
Angels
A's
Mariners
Rangers

NL East:
Mets
Braves(WC)
Phillies
Marlins
Nationals

NL Central:
Brewers
Cardinals
Cubs
Astros
Pirates

NL West:
Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants

AL PLAYOFFS:
Tigers over Angels
Indians over Yankees

Tigers over Indians

NL PLAYOFFS:
Dodgers over Braves
Mets over Brewers

Dodgers over Mets

World Series:
Tigers over Dodgers

roberto73
04-03-2007, 10:26 AM

AL East:
Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
O's
D Rays

AL Central:
Tigers
Indians (WC)
White Sox
Twins
Royals

AL West:
Angels
A's
Mariners
Rangers

NL East:
Mets
Braves(WC)
Phillies
Marlins
Nationals

NL Central:
Brewers
Cardinals
Cubs
Astros
Pirates

NL West:
Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants

AL PLAYOFFS:
Tigers over Angels
Indians over Yankees

Tigers over Indians

NL PLAYOFFS:
Dodgers over Braves
Mets over Brewers

Dodgers over Mets

World Series:
Tigers over Dodgers

Oh, come on. You completely left the Reds out of the NL Central. They're not that bad. In fact, I think, once again, they're going to surprise people. Last season they were in contention until the very end, and they actually improved during the offseason. For some reason, they don't get a lot of respect. They've now got extremely solid 1-2 guys in the rotation (Harang and Arroyo), Dunn will hit 40+ homers, and Gonzalez and Phillips make up a superb middle infield. And of course, if Griffey gets healthy, he's going to produce. Sure, there are always intangibles (IF the rest of the rotation kicks it up a notch; IF Dunn doesn't strike out a million times; IF Ross, Encarnacion, and Phillips can repeat their success last year), but they're better than people give them credit for.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 10:37 AM
shit...i always forget them...Red will probably be better the the astros.

TomAz
04-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Every team in the NL Central has some considerable talent. It's gotta be the hardest division to pick.

worldwide2020
04-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Going down to Cincy to see the reborn Cubs clobber the Rednecks.

Reborn? Prior in the minors Wood on the DL. Sounds like the same ol cubbies to me. Lou's gonna be teets up on Waverly before the seaon's over.

HEADSTRUCK
04-03-2007, 10:50 AM
AL East:
Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
O's
D Rays

AL Central:
Indians
White Sox(wc)
Tigers
Twins
Royals

AL West:
Angels
A's
Mariners
Rangers

NL East:
Mets
Phillies(wc)
Braves
Marlins
Nationals

NL Central:
Brewers
Cardinals
Reds
Cubs
Astros
Pirates

NL West:
Dodgers
Padres
Giants
Diamondbacks
Rockies

AL PLAYOFFS:
NYY over CHIW
ANAoverCle

NYYover ANA

NL PLAYOFFS:
NYM over LAD
MILover PHI

NYM overMIL

World Series:
NYM overNYY

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-03-2007, 12:45 PM

What happened to you? Did a girl from the Midwest laugh at your baby carrot dick or something?

That's some serious anger right there.

menikmati
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I hate opening day...every Giants fan in the world is trying to board the MUNI at the embarcadero, and they're all just standing around dumbfounded and aren't moving, and making it very hard to even move around. Stay home and watch it on TV!

vogina
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
going to go see angles vs. oak this thursday. anyone else going? i hate baseball, but love getting drunk at games

kimery08
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
im going to the friday game against the a's. my friends are taking me for my birthday!

ghettojournalist
04-03-2007, 07:19 PM
lucky. it will have to be awhile before i go to an angels game.
angels look good.
i've been down since '94, so it's great to see that they are getting some respect now.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 07:49 PM
angels suck.

mountmccabe
04-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Oh man Byrnes was so close!

mountmccabe
04-03-2007, 07:51 PM
And it's over. Fucking hell.

mountmccabe
04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
To recap: Diamondbacks tied it at 2 in the 5th. Flash tot he 11th where they got a run in the top and then promptly Valverde let the first two on in the bottom. Hawpe hit into a doubleplay.

Tulowiski doubled to right off of Byrnes' glove. Eric dove for it but just missed.

Moments later Chris Iannetta hit the ball and Callaspo didn't get it and Tulowiski scored.

La Ferrassie
04-03-2007, 07:57 PM
The D-backs need some serious additions in the pen.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
And the Crew wrap up the first series of the new season!
AEversW, maybe your avatar will be the nearest we get to seeing Takashi's smiling face this week.

I'm mighty glad though that I have Russell Martin in some of the fantasy teams I've got this year. Dude can rake!!

AEversW
04-03-2007, 08:08 PM
And the Crew wrap up the first series of the new season!
AEversW, maybe your avatar will be the nearest we get to seeing Takashi's smiling face this week.

I'm mighty glad though that I have Russell Martin in some of the fantasy teams I've got this year. Dude can rake!!

haha man i thought we really had it...Wolf just stayed in an inning too long. Billingsley and Broxton looked great. Broxton is a beast.

mountmccabe
04-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Also: with the talk early in this thread of the Dodgers playing the Brewers I must admit that my thought was "wow, it's early for inter-league games."

Which is crazy because those two "new" things started in the same year.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-03-2007, 08:23 PM
haha man i thought we really had it...Wolf just stayed in an inning too long. Billingsley and Broxton looked great. Broxton is a beast.

Yup, you'd think that we'd never seen a fastball with some of those ABs. T-Bow's slider and curve were dropping in nicely. That was his problem last year - everyone just waited for the heat down the middle and sent it back over his head.

Gonzo's D will seriously cost you games at this rate though.

And Nomaaaaaaah's OCD gets really old really quickly!

AEversW
04-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Yup, you'd think that we'd never seen a fastball with some of those ABs. T-Bow's slider and curve were dropping in nicely. That was his problem last year - everyone just waited for the heat down the middle and sent it back over his head.

Gonzo's D will seriously cost you games at this rate though.

And Nomaaaaaaah's OCD gets really old really quickly!

yeah Gonzo will cost us some games...i have no idea why they took Ethier out of the lineup. Ethier hit .335 against lefties last year. Kemp should be starting in left with Ethier in right every game.

Turnbows curve to anderson was suck. he's got some filthy stuff

HEADSTRUCK
04-03-2007, 08:48 PM

he looked really good 2nite

Down Rodeo
04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
yeah Gonzo will cost us some games...i have no idea why they took Ethier out of the lineup. Ethier hit .335 against lefties last year. Kemp should be starting in left with Ethier in right every game.

The only thing that worries me about Kemp is the strikeout streak he went on last season. I just hope he's ready for the majors.

BoardsofCoachella
04-03-2007, 10:52 PM
angels suck.

Angels = 2-0
Dodger Dogs = 0-2

Good Days Last
04-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Dodgers suck. Padres won.

Story of this season. Watch and see.

PS: HAHA@ Giants for overpaying Zito.

C DUB YA
04-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Reborn? Prior in the minors Wood on the DL. Sounds like the same ol cubbies to me. Lou's gonna be teets up on Waverly before the seaon's over.

Reborn as in - let's forget about Prior and Wood for good now, time to move on.

Down Rodeo
04-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Dodgers suck. Padres won.

Story of this season. Watch and see.

PS: HAHA@ Giants for overpaying Zito.

Wow, you're getting overly excited after the second game of the season. That's alright, it's probably the only time the Padres will be in first place, so enjoy it while it lasts.

jerpar24
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM

AL East:
Yankees
Red Sox
Blue Jays
O's
D Rays

AL Central:
Tigers
Indians (WC)
White Sox
Twins
Royals

AL West:
Angels
A's
Mariners
Rangers

NL East:
Mets
Braves(WC)
Phillies
Marlins
Nationals

NL Central:
Brewers
Cardinals
Cubs
Astros
Pirates

NL West:
Dodgers
Padres
Diamondbacks
Rockies
Giants

AL PLAYOFFS:
Tigers over Angels
Indians over Yankees

Tigers over Indians

NL PLAYOFFS:
Dodgers over Braves
Mets over Brewers

Dodgers over Mets

World Series:
Tigers over Dodgers

Its going to be Yankess Over Dodgers in the World Series. Get it right.

Good Days Last
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
Wow, you're getting overly excited after the second game of the season. That's alright, it's probably the only time the Padres will be in first place, so enjoy it while it lasts.

Nope. The Dodgers are trash. By the All Star break the Pads will still be in first. Mark these words. I'll bring this thread back up by the all star break just to prove my point.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Nope. The Dodgers are trash. By the All Star break the Pads will still be in first. Mark these words. I'll bring this thread back up by the all star break just to prove my point.

go ahead...hahaha. Seriously this is the last year the Padres can be good. Maddux and Wells will be done next year and you're awful awful awful farm system won't help. the madres will need to spend soo much money just to be competitive.

vinylmartyr
04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Jose Cruz Jr is all I got to say.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Simple fact is, there won't be a team West of the Mississippi that'll be close to the WS this year...

vinylmartyr
04-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Its to early in the season to be making those kinds of statements. People get injured anything can happen. There lots of good teams right now. The Pirates are 2 and 0. Do you think they are gonna make the playoffs? The A's are 0 and 2 but they are a good team.

AEversW
04-03-2007, 11:55 PM
not to mention the padres leadoff hitter is mike cameron. He struck out 142 times in 141 games last year. and ass jeff said...Jose Cruz Jr.

bballarl
04-04-2007, 12:11 AM
LETS GO OAKLAND!

*clap clap clapclapclap*

Good Days Last
04-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Just reppin the 619 i sall...\\

don't mind me.

Mabdul Doobakus
04-04-2007, 09:47 AM
The Nationals are pretty bad. They're making the Marlins look like kings. It's home run derby.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-04-2007, 10:10 AM
For all you Dodgers fans, enjoy...

http://www.thebrushback.com/drew_full.htm

york707
04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
This isn't going so well for us.

jerpar24
04-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Simple fact is, there won't be a team West of the Mississippi that'll be close to the WS this year...

I pretty much with Ol' JPIMCP on this one I said already its going to be NYY over LAD in the WS 4-0.

summerkid
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
not to mention the padres leadoff hitter is mike cameron. He struck out 142 times in 141 games last year. and ass jeff said...Jose Cruz Jr.

No he's not, Marcus Giles is our leadoff hitter and on the subject of Jose Cruz Jr. the guy is only going to start against lefties or to spell Mike Cameron.

ghettojournalist
04-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Angels = 2-0
Dodger Dogs = 0-2

damn straight.
go Angels!!!

AEversW
04-04-2007, 12:38 PM
No he's not, Marcus Giles is our leadoff hitter and on the subject of Jose Cruz Jr. the guy is only going to start against lefties or to spell Mike Cameron.

Cameron batted leadoff yesterday if im not mistaken. still brian giles...hahaha.

TomAz
04-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Jose Cruz Jr is all I got to say.

what the hell happened to that guy. He was never very good but he wasn't god-awful like his is now. You used to be able to count on him to hit .250 but get on hot streaks and smash the hell out of the ball from time to time, I think one year he had 30 HRs. and didn't he win a Gold Glove with SF?

edit . yeah. I looked it up. 2000 he hit 31 HRs and hit .242. 2001 he has 34 HRs and hit .274. and he did win the Gold Glove with SF in 03.. wasn't that the year he dropped that foul ball in the playoffs though?

BoardsofCoachella
04-04-2007, 02:11 PM
Cameron batted leadoff yesterday if im not mistaken. still brian giles...hahaha.

I had it on gameday here it at work... Marcus Giles was batting leadoff.

summerkid
04-04-2007, 03:35 PM

you are. this was the batting order

Marcus Giles
Brian Giles
Mike Cameron
Adrian Gonzalez
Josh Bard
Khalil Greene
Kevin Kouzmanoff
Jose Cruz Jr.
Peavy

Good Days Last
04-04-2007, 08:53 PM
Notch another win.

2-0 now.

Regardless of Bonds Homer.

CuervoPH
04-04-2007, 09:14 PM
Way to finally notch a win, Dodgers! Now, in the future, when I'm watching or listening to your games and you are staked to a 4-run lead going into the 8th inning, please put the other fucking team away!!! I am not setting my hopes too high as long as Penny and Tomko are in the starting rotation, but there are some leads you shouldn't come close to blowing, and tonight's was one of them.

C DUB YA
04-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Cubs finally showed up tonight, Ted Lilly looked great. I hate Cincy.

AEversW
04-04-2007, 09:30 PM
Way to finally notch a win, Dodgers! Now, in the future, when I'm watching or listening to your games and you are staked to a 4-run lead going into the 8th inning, please put the other fucking team away!!! I am not setting my hopes too high as long as Penny and Tomko are in the starting rotation, but there are some leads you shouldn't come close to blowing, and tonight's was one of them.

did you hear that James Loney said he wouldn't mind being traded!!!! If they trade Loney i will turn in my Dodgers fan badge

vinylmartyr
04-04-2007, 09:40 PM
Rudy Seanez must be cut tonight!!!!

AEversW
04-04-2007, 10:29 PM
fuck i know! they need to bring up Tsao and Loney. Cut Seanez and Alvarez.

xxxxxxxxxx
04-04-2007, 10:51 PM
David Wells was at The Fillmore in San Francisco to see Sevendust on Wednesday night. Got to chat with him for a bit and he was really cool. His team kicked the Giants ass Wednesday so he had plenty to celebrate.

summerkid
04-04-2007, 11:18 PM
David Wells was at The Fillmore in San Francisco to see Sevendust on Wednesday night. Got to chat with him for a bit and he was really cool. His team kicked the Giants ass Wednesday so he had plenty to celebrate.

oh oh hopefully he wasn't celebrating too hard the guy has diabetes now.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
wow. The Mets have only given up 2 runs in their first three games. Not a bad start for our horrible pitching staff, eh?

John Maine making a case for himself early.

york707
04-05-2007, 07:00 AM
wow. The Mets have only given up 2 runs in their first three games. Not a bad start for our horrible pitching staff, eh?

John Maine making a case for himself early.

Yeaaahhhh... it has nothing to do with the fact that the Cardinals still think they are in Jupiter, Florida.

Yablonowitz
04-05-2007, 07:04 AM

Trey. My man. Tell me you're not a Dodgers fan. Tell me that. C'mon man....don't do me like that.

TomAz
04-05-2007, 07:18 AM
Notch another win.

2-0 now.

Regardless of Bonds Homer.

The season is 1.2% complete. If this were the NFL we'd still be in the first quarter of the first game.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Yeaaahhhh... it has nothing to do with the fact that the Cardinals still think they are in Jupiter, Florida.

Lame excuse.

If that's the case, they best get their heads out their asses and wipe those silly red goatees off their chins. It's time to play some baseball.

york707
04-05-2007, 07:39 AM
Lame excuse.

If that's the case, they best get their heads out their asses and wipe those silly red goatees off their chins. It's time to play some baseball.

I don't disagree with you on that; I was just rying to put the Mets' three wins into perspective.

KungFuJoe
04-05-2007, 09:21 AM
I don't disagree with you on that; I was just rying to put the Mets' three wins into perspective.

yeah, yeah, I got that. You still have to give the Mets pitching some credit. Sure, it's possible it won't continue all season, but it's nice to be able to talk some smack after everyone insists how terrible their staff is. I still believe the Mets pitching staff will continue to suprise people this season.

After all, it wasn't really the pitching that caused the Mets to lose a trip to the World Series last season.

summerkid
04-05-2007, 04:46 PM
so is KROD a cheat?

http://www.zumsteg.net/cheatersguide/2007/04/03/francisco-rodriguez-doctoring-the-ball/

ghettojournalist
04-05-2007, 06:35 PM
i don't know.
seems pretty sketchy of this guy.
doesn't seem like any substantial foreign substance.
rodriguez is wiping his hand AFTER he rubs the cap, so any effect from the substance would be nil.

vinylmartyr
04-05-2007, 08:38 PM
The Braves are for real. They will beat out the Mets for a playoff spot IMHO.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-06-2007, 10:37 PM
I dunno about that. These Mets look scary 4 games in. If that rotation holds up they'll be tough to beat.
Reyes - 2 triples tonight! I mean WTF!

I'm Rosetta Stoned
04-06-2007, 10:45 PM
The Sox all the way.......if their pitching holds up.......

KungFuJoe
04-07-2007, 12:02 AM
I dunno about that. These Mets look scary 4 games in. If that rotation holds up they'll be tough to beat.
Reyes - 2 triples tonight! I mean WTF!

It's a great start and I'm loving it, but it is a long season.

Down Rodeo
04-07-2007, 03:51 PM
The Dodgers now own the Giants. Nothing could be sweeter than saying that.

AEversW
04-07-2007, 04:04 PM
The Dodgers now own the Giants. Nothing could be sweeter than saying that.

seriously! we are 11-1 againts them in the last 12 meetings!

John Peel is My Co-pilot
04-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Right about now, the Astros lack of pitching seems to be coming home to roost. 1-5. Wowza, not a good start.

AEversW
04-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Dodgers continue to dominate the Giants. Barry Zito looks like a giant bust. Those declining stats over the last three years look like they are really showing.

AEversW
04-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Dodgers: 9 Runs 13 Hits 1 Error
Padres: 1 Run 7 Hits 0 Errors

WP Derek Lowe(2-1) - 8.0 IP 7 Hits 1 ER 2 BB 6 K's 3.79 ERA
LP David Wells (0-1) - 2.1 IP 8 Hits 5 ER 0 BB 1K 1 HR 7.00 ERA

such a sweet game! i might be at the game on sunday!

TomAz
04-14-2007, 06:42 AM
I think it's cute how the NBA playoffs are about to start, and all the LA people are talking baseball.

TomAz
04-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Right about now, the Astros lack of pitching seems to be coming home to roost. 1-5. Wowza, not a good start.

why are you an Astros fan?

Yablonowitz
04-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Tom,

Is Orlando Hudson on a hot streak or does he have potential staying power?

TomAz
04-14-2007, 11:46 AM
he's like 30 years old, played in toronto for a while before coming to Az last year. career .280 hitter or something. I'd guess he's on a hot streak.

Down Rodeo
04-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Dodgers: 9 Runs 13 Hits 1 Error
Padres: 1 Run 7 Hits 0 Errors

WP Derek Lowe(2-1) - 8.0 IP 7 Hits 1 ER 2 BB 6 K's 3.79 ERA
LP David Wells (0-1) - 2.1 IP 8 Hits 5 ER 0 BB 1K 1 HR 7.00 ERA

such a sweet game! i might be at the game on sunday!

Hell yeah, maybe the Dodgers will get some revenge for getting owned by the Padres last year. Hopefully Schmidt can shut them down again tonight.

Caitlin
04-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I love baseball, even if my team is not doing so hot right now... :(

San Francisco Giants 'til I die. <3

AEversW
04-14-2007, 09:50 PM
GIANTS SUCK!!!!!! GO DODGERS!! even though Schmidt looked terrible tonight.

TomAz
04-14-2007, 11:13 PM

my friend, mr yablonowitz, he want to do the sex with you. ok? he make you wife to have babies. ok?

summerkid
04-15-2007, 01:19 AM
GIANTS SUCK!!!!!! GO DODGERS!! even though Schmidt looked terrible tonight.

Padres almost always rock Schmidt.

Good Days Last
04-15-2007, 01:47 AM
Hey... Pads won.

Didn't realize it.

I'm too caught up in my Phoenix Suns.

** I HATE ALL THINGS LA. (or LA included)

*dodgers (blow chunks)
*Raiders (once housed in LA)
*CLippers - stupid flopping alien cassell
*Lakers - stupid kobe bryant.

Yablonowitz
04-15-2007, 07:40 AM

OK, now we are going to be myspace friends.

Caitlin
04-15-2007, 11:17 AM
OK, now we are going to be myspace friends.

Haha...and apparently I'm going to have to have your children as well? Fantabulous. We shall name them Dusty and Felipe.

my friend, mr yablonowitz, he want to do the sex with you. ok? he make you wife to have babies. ok?

Ricker420
04-15-2007, 11:23 AM
its all Jays this year,,,goin for another Back 2 Back!!!

La Ferrassie
04-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Happy Jackie Robinson Day!

DeltaSigChi4
04-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Goddamn Chicago Cubs are the biggest pile of manure I have ever invested money on. And I've invested money on big piles of manure before ....

notably Lakers [totals, not sides (unless fading them)], and Marist [point-shaving cunts].

The Cubs need to send half their team to the minors. I may just fade these fucks to make my money back. They're dickless, and shouldn't be playing in the league. Complete disgrace. I may just firebomb the stadium when I am in town for Lolla. Motherfuckers.

E

summerkid
04-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Goddamn Chicago Cubs are the biggest pile of manure I have ever invested money on. And I've invested money on big piles of manure before ....

notably Lakers [totals, not sides (unless fading them)], and Marist [point-shaving cunts].

The Cubs need to send half their team to the minors. I may just fade these fucks to make my money back. They're dickless, and shouldn't be playing in the league. Complete disgrace. I may just firebomb the stadium when I am in town for Lolla. Motherfuckers.

E

Their offseason moves made me laugh pretty hard and then to see people praise their offseason was even funnier. Without a pitching staff you aint going anywhere fellas and overspending on mediocre talent (not talking about soriano here) isn't going to help matters.

DeltaSigChi4
04-15-2007, 02:28 PM
They have that one stud that was pitching today.

And Soriano didn't do shit today [like always].

That guy has to be the worst star lead-up batters in the fucking league.

130+ strike outs a year? Get the fuck out of here. The more I think about it, the more I convince myself I should just fade these pathetic losers until I make back my money + triple it.

E

bballarl
04-15-2007, 04:18 PM
First off:

MARCO FUCKING SCUTARO!

Second:

That gospel choir singing before the Dodgers game ruled.

AEversW
04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
WOAH! Dodgers won again!! hahahahah fuck the Madres.

Good Days Last
04-15-2007, 08:08 PM
:( :( :( :(

AEversW
04-15-2007, 08:38 PM
:):):):)

Yablonowitz
04-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Haha...and apparently I'm going to have to have your children as well? Fantabulous. We shall name them Dusty and Felipe.

The children will be trained to kill Brian Sabean.

AEversW
04-16-2007, 01:28 AM
did anyone notice tonight during the Dodger game when Hank Aaron came onto the field to throw out the first pitch the fans started chanting "BARRY SUCKS BARRY SUCK!"...Dodger fans are the best.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 08:36 AM
If by "best," you mean pieces of shit... totally.

bballarl
04-16-2007, 08:42 AM
Please don't be a Giants fan Caitlin. San Leandro is A's territory.

vinylmartyr
04-16-2007, 08:44 AM
If by "best," you mean pieces of shit... totally.

yadda yadda yadda win some games then try talking smack.

vinylmartyr
04-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Clearly Andrew she is a Gnats fan.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Please don't be a Giants fan Caitlin. San Leandro is A's territory.

Ah yes, but I was born in San Francisco - 4th gen from SF, my dad was born and raised. We're strictly Giants.

bballarl
04-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Which is a shame. I want Barry to get hurt sooooooooo badly.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 08:48 AM
yadda yadda yadda win some games then try talking smack.

I know - and you have a point, Giants aren't doing well, BUT... they're my team and I'll support and defend them 'til I die. :)

Good Days Last
04-16-2007, 08:50 AM
http://www.lawman3842.com/blog/rabid.jpg

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Hahahaha

vinylmartyr
04-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I've never shot anyone.

Good Days Last
04-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Only a DODGER fan would find that offensive:rolleyes

Good Days Last
04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~scofield99/images/giants_trophy.jpg

AEversW
04-16-2007, 09:03 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~scofield99/images/giants_trophy.jpg

i love breaking that out when Giants fans run their mouths.

AEversW
04-16-2007, 09:05 AM
I went to a game last year against the Giants and this San Fran fan got his ass kicked in the pavilion section. This chick was waving a dodgers towel in his face and he got all bitchy and grab it from her and threw it off the bleachers. So her boyfriend, who was "hardcore gangsta", came up and just beat the SHIT out of it. It was magical. He threw down the guys giants hat and stepped on it and screamed "Puro los angeles...VIVA Dodgers!"

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 09:07 AM
Yeah, because kicking a Giants fan's ass is AWESOME sportmanship.

Damn, I didn't know Dodgers fans were as shitty as Oakland Raiders fans.

J~$$$
04-16-2007, 09:09 AM
go rockies!

AEversW
04-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Yeah, because kicking a Giants fan's ass is AWESOME sportmanship.

Damn, I didn't know Dodgers fans were as shitty as Oakland Raiders fans.

hahahah yeah Giants fans have awesome sportsmanship...If he didn't grab that girls flag he wouldn't have gotten his ass kicked. After he did it he did like every other giants fan...try to apologize, try to run away, cry and then cry some more.

Good Days Last
04-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I went to a game last year against the Giants and this San Fran fan got his ass kicked in the pavilion section. This chick was waving a dodgers towel in his face and he got all bitchy and grab it from her and threw it off the bleachers. So her boyfriend, who was "hardcore gangsta", came up and just beat the SHIT out of it. It was magical. He threw down the guys giants hat and stepped on it and screamed "Puro los angeles...VIVA Dodgers!"

I can only imagine....

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m235/gooddayslast/iateyourdog.jpg

ghettojournalist
04-16-2007, 09:27 AM
yeah, that giants fan was an idiot.
never mess with ANYONE's girlfriend in LA.
but i'm not partial to dodgers fans.

i'm just waiting for the angels to get back on track.

and by the way, you're awesome caitlin.

bballarl
04-16-2007, 09:37 AM
I use to love the Rockies when they had Dante Bichette, Justin. Those were the days. Larry Walker, Vinny Castilla, Dante Bichette.

Caitlin
04-16-2007, 09:41 AM
yeah, that giants fan was an idiot.
never mess with ANYONE's girlfriend in LA.
but i'm not partial to dodgers fans.

i'm just waiting for the angels to get back on track.

and by the way, you're awesome caitlin.

Yeah, I agree, it was a dumb move. I don't like anyone who tries to be a tough guy or get hyphy at sports games. LAME. Talk shit, sure, but don't get interactive!

Thank you, likewise! :)

AEversW
04-16-2007, 09:44 AM
I use to love the Rockies when they had Dante Bichette, Justin. Those were the days. Larry Walker, Vinny Castilla, Dante Bichette.

Blake Street Bombers...i saw the Dodgers play the Rockies at Coors when they had all those guys...Dodgers got beat 13-1...Chan Ho Park was pitching for the Dodgers so you can understand why

bballarl
04-16-2007, 09:46 AM
I don't think Dante juiced either. At least I hope he didn't. But he probably did. Or maybe not. He ruled, whatever.

J~$$$
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
Thats when we had a chance of having of good team. Charles Monfort is a douche.

bballarl
04-16-2007, 09:47 AM
You guys are looking up though. I'm still a closeted Rockies fan.

J~$$$
04-16-2007, 09:49 AM
shhh me too. So close yet so far away.

bballarl
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
I also have rooted for the Devil Rays since they entered the league. At first it was because I liked their hats. Then it was because I like rooting for teams that never win. Now I'm excited that if they have a decent pitching staff they can actually win games.

vinylmartyr
04-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I remember watching Vinny Castilla playing in A ball back in 1990. I used to watch all the Sumter Braves games. Ryan Klesko, Mark Wholers and Tyler Houston played there. Ron Gant did a rehab that year.

bballarl
04-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Mark Wohlers. Remember how he was good and then all of a sudden couldn't pitch over the plate? Poor guy.

summerkid
04-16-2007, 11:19 AM
did anyone notice tonight during the Dodger game when Hank Aaron came onto the field to throw out the first pitch the fans started chanting "BARRY SUCKS BARRY SUCK!"...Dodger fans are the best.

I was wondering if that's what they were saying.

AEversW
04-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Woah! how about those Dodgers again tonight!

vinylmartyr
04-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey Adrian who has the best record in baseball?

AEversW
04-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I believe that would be The Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles.

Caitlin
04-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Cough...how about them Rockies last night...cough.

BoardsofCoachella
04-17-2007, 07:42 AM
After only thirteen games…and the Diamond Backs have the Wild Card. It’s going down to the wire. Where is Dennis Green? I need that “You want to crown them?” speech.

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Cough...how about them Rockies last night...cough.

how about barry zito getting the win but still looking pathetic...6 ip no run 4 K and 3 BB's...plus he left ALOT of pitches up. It was sad. How dumb can the Giants be.

Caitlin
04-17-2007, 09:30 AM
how about barry zito getting the win but still looking pathetic...6 ip no run 4 K and 3 BB's...plus he left ALOT of pitches up. It was sad. How dumb can the Giants be.

Dumb enough to win 8-0, apparently. Quit your bitchin', Dodger scum. =P

Yablonowitz
04-17-2007, 09:36 AM
Dumb enough to win 8-0, apparently. Quit your bitchin', Dodger scum. =P

There's about a month left of this kind of obnoxious Dodger bs until their team underperforms again and they're staring up at .500.

Like the Giants. (there, I said it so you won't.)

Caitlin
04-17-2007, 09:37 AM
There's about a month left of this kind of obnoxious Dodger bs until their team underperforms again and they're staring up at .500.

Like the Giants. (there, I said it so you won't.)

HAH!

(Thanks :lool )

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Brett Tomko threw 6 scoreless innings againts the rockies...he K'd 9 and walked 0 and he didnt cost 126 million

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 09:44 AM
SNAP

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:45 AM
I don't even want to start talking about Barriods...the Giants PATHETIC offense and the fact that the giants are old and will probably only win 65 games thsi year.

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't forget Pedro Feliz.

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 09:48 AM
That guy is terrible.

TomAz
04-17-2007, 09:50 AM
the D'backs have no hitting. they're more anemic than james blunt.

ragingdave
04-17-2007, 09:54 AM
http://www.sportsbastards.com/media/4/20061007-whoops_lasorda.jpg

BoardsofCoachella
04-17-2007, 09:55 AM
http://www.sportsbastards.com/media/4/20061007-whoops_lasorda.jpg

hahahaa

TomAz
04-17-2007, 09:56 AM
I love that picture. Tommy Lasorda is a monumental asshole.

ragingdave
04-17-2007, 09:58 AM
http://www.sfgate.com/blogs/images/sfgate/giants/2006/10/16/ALLSTAR8-C-10JUL01-SP-MAC320x213.jpg

"Hello my pretties!"

:dumbo

Yablonowitz
04-17-2007, 09:59 AM
the D'backs have no hitting. they're more anemic than james blunt.

Hannahbait.

Yablonowitz
04-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't even want to start talking about Barriods...the Giants PATHETIC offense and the fact that the giants are old and will probably only win 65 games thsi year.

Yeah...you don't see me lauding the Giants this year. They fucked up getting Zito and re-signing Bonds. No doubt.

Still...you guys always talk tough in the first weeks of the season and then suddenly everything goes quiet as mediocrity sets in. At least we don't have any delusions of anything more.

Also, Brett Tomko is a piece of shit pitcher. That will be his best performance all year. Guaranteed.

ragingdave
04-17-2007, 10:08 AM
I like Metric

AEversW
04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah...you don't see me lauding the Giants this year. They fucked up getting Zito and re-signing Bonds. No doubt.

Still...you guys always talk tough in the first weeks of the season and then suddenly everything goes quiet as mediocrity sets in. At least we don't have any delusions of anything more.

Also, Brett Tomko is a piece of shit pitcher. That will be his best performance all year. Guaranteed.

its funny to see a Giants fan talking about Mediocrity.

TomAz
04-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Micah Owings is the real deal though. be sure and watch him tonight. he is one stud rookie.

Yablonowitz
04-17-2007, 10:16 AM
its funny to see a Giants fan talking about Mediocrity.

Would you like to compare playoff appearances from the past 10 years?

AEversW
04-17-2007, 10:20 AM
Would you like to compare playoff appearances from the past 10 years?

would you like to compare world series championships in the last 50 years?

TomAz
04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
you sound like a yankee fan

AEversW
04-17-2007, 10:28 AM
well he's the one who wanted to compare the past...i just wanted to point out they have been mediocre since they moved out west.

AEversW
04-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Its not like we owned the Giants all of last year and swept them in the first series this year.

BoardsofCoachella
04-17-2007, 10:55 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6990

geez...another forecaster. only thirteen games played.

Down Rodeo
04-17-2007, 03:37 PM
I hope Bonds finally blows out his 'roided-out knees this year and retires before reaching Hank Aaron's record.

york707
04-17-2007, 03:46 PM
I don't know what everyone's blathering on about; you don't need to be much above .500 to win it all.

TomAz
04-17-2007, 04:12 PM
have the Cardinals been eliminated yet?

AEversW
04-17-2007, 06:56 PM
The Dodgers put Jason Schmidt on the 15 day DL. I hope grittle cakes puts Billingsley in the rotation instead of Hendrickson.

Down Rodeo
04-17-2007, 08:04 PM
Freakin' Schmidt. I knew he'd get hurt, but I didn't think it would be so soon.

AEversW
04-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Dodgers win again!

Ricker420
04-17-2007, 08:59 PM
dice k gets shown up in canada, Jays are going all the way this year,

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Wait who has the best record in Baseball again?

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Los Doyers!

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
i can't wait for Bombko to get out of the Rotation! Billingsley looked good tonight.

bballarl
04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
April.

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:43 PM
last i checked the games in April still counted

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
t5fdPdy6sKQ

Its gonna be a 1988 rematch come Oct. I remember watching this game. I fell asleep in the 5th inning and woke up right before this happened. Then I went nuts.

bballarl
04-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Yep, they do.

vinylmartyr
04-17-2007, 09:46 PM
I called all my friends.

AEversW
04-17-2007, 09:46 PM
t5fdPdy6sKQ

Its gonna be a 1988 rematch come Oct. I remember watching this game. I fell asleep in the 5th inning and woke up right before this happened. Then I went nuts.

i was 11 months when that happened...my mom was holding me and when Gibby hit that home run she jumped up and down screaming and dropped me. I have a scar on the back of my head where my head hit one of my toys.

jjbaldwi
04-18-2007, 01:01 AM
i can't wait for Bombko to get out of the Rotation! Billingsley looked good tonight.

did u actually watch the game?

Down Rodeo
04-18-2007, 01:57 AM
last i checked the games in April still counted

Yeah, the people saying that it's just April are the ones whose teams suck right now.

vinylmartyr
04-18-2007, 08:56 PM
whoa buehrle no hitter.

AEversW
04-18-2007, 09:14 PM
Rudy Seanez is AWFUL!

vinylmartyr
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
sure is. why he is on our team I just don't get.

AEversW
04-18-2007, 09:20 PM
i don't know why either...or why Grady left him in for two innings. Or why grady gave our 4-5-6 batters the night off ON THE SAME NIGHT!! He must have wanted to lose tonight.

vinylmartyr
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
or why lieberthal batted clean up.

AEversW
04-18-2007, 09:51 PM
we shall never know

Down Rodeo
04-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Oh well, we still took the series in AZ.

full on idle
04-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Barry Bonds hit a home run tonight and I WAS THERE.

AEversW
04-18-2007, 11:38 PM
Barry Bonds hit a home run tonight and I WAS THERE.

im sorry. it must be tough to witness a cheater get closer and closer to the most significant record in sports in real life.

Caitlin
04-19-2007, 05:28 AM
im sorry. it must be tough to witness a cheater get closer and closer to the most significant record in sports in real life.

Awe, are we bitter? Poor baby need a nappy poo?

summerkid
04-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Awe, are we bitter? Poor baby need a nappy poo?

why would anyone be bitter the Giants are terrible this year. I feel bad for Boch, Doc, and Flan.

Yablonowitz
04-19-2007, 07:09 AM

First of all - home runs should not be considered the most significant record in sports. I realize that it is widely considered that, but it shouldn't be.

Secondly, just because I hate the fucking Dodgers doesn't mean I don't also despise the Giants for keeping Bonds and committing to be the franchise that helps bring him over the top in the HR record with a giant asterisk on his numbers. It's embarrassing...no one will take it seriously. I know there are plenty of people in SF who just want to pretend that it either isn't true or it doesn't matter.

That said, it's a real shame that he felt he had to roid up. He still would have been one of the best baseball players of all time. You ever watch him turn on a pitch...that's not roids, those are genuinely natural baseball instincts and perception. He is one of the best players at the plate I've ever seen. He can read pitches better than anyone I've ever witnessed. It's just a shame he's disgraced himself and then acted like an asshole about it.

Caitlin
04-19-2007, 07:12 AM
why would anyone be bitter the Giants are terrible this year. I feel bad for Boch, Doc, and Flan.

Bitter because Barry Bonds is 17 away from holding the record and you little sourpusses can't handle it.

News flash, folks - it takes more than a lot of homeruns to accumulate 7 consecutive MVP awards. The fact of the matter is that if I were to take steroids for a straight year and put myself on the baseball field I still couldn't hit shit, let alone play the game worth a damn. Get the fuck over it and deal.

AEversW
04-19-2007, 07:21 AM
First of all - home runs should not be considered the most significant record in sports. I realize that it is widely considered that, but it shouldn't be.

Secondly, just because I hate the fucking Dodgers doesn't mean I don't also despise the Giants for keeping Bonds and committing to be the franchise that helps bring him over the top in the HR record with a giant asterisk on his numbers. It's embarrassing...no one will take it seriously. I know there are plenty of people in SF who just want to pretend that it either isn't true or it doesn't matter.

That said, it's a real shame that he felt he had to roid up. He still would have been one of the best baseball players of all time. You ever watch him turn on a pitch...that's not roids, those are genuinely natural baseball instincts and perception. He is one of the best players at the plate I've ever seen. He can read pitches better than anyone I've ever witnessed. It's just a shame he's disgraced himself and then acted like an asshole about it.

yeah it must be hard to cheer for a team that cares about asses in the seats more then trophies in the case.

Yablonowitz
04-19-2007, 07:25 AM
yeah it must be hard to cheer for a team that cares about asses in the seats more then trophies in the case.

Well there's a bit of hypocrisy right there.

But, yeah, right now is not the best time to be a Giant fan. The funny thing is if the Dodgers had picked him up, your blind devotion would never have enabled you to do anything but justify him on your team. You won't admit that now...but deep down, you know it's true.

AEversW
04-19-2007, 07:29 AM
God no! if bonds was a Dodger i'd turn in my Dodger card. He's a joke. He would have made the franchise a joke. I bet a majority of dodgers fans would do the same. The left field pavilion would be burned down and Frank McCourt would be burned alive.

Caitlin
04-19-2007, 07:29 AM
Well there's a bit of hypocrisy right there.

But, yeah, right now is not the best time to be a Giant fan. The funny thing is if the Dodgers had picked him up, your blind devotion would never have enabled you to do anything but justify him on your team. You won't admit that now...but deep down, you know it's true.

You definitely tell it like it is, even if its hard to take at times. Applause

Caitlin
04-19-2007, 07:30 AM
God no! if bonds was a Dodger i'd turn in my Dodger card. He's a joke. He would have made the franchise a joke. I bet a majority of dodgers fans would do the same. The left field pavilion would be burned down and Frank McCourt would be burned alive.

Im pretty sure he was referring to Zito, Dodgers had their eye on him.

AEversW
04-19-2007, 07:30 AM
i do know the Dodgers go for the asses in the seat approach sometimes but not really this year. Maybe Nomar but eh since NAcny Drew left we needed him back. The young kids are what are bringing people in. Russell Martin, Andre Ethier and so on.

Yablonowitz
04-19-2007, 07:32 AM

Oh right. Dodger fans are just inherently more open-minded about their players than any other city.

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, AEversW.

Yablonowitz
04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Im pretty sure he was referring to Zito, Dodgers had their eye on him.

No, I was talking about Bonds. He thinks the Dodger fans, who are blessed with much more rigorous integrity, would have shunned the franchise until Bonds was gone if he were on their team. Puh-leeeeese.