PDA

View Full Version : Above & Beyond @ Coachella 13?

matt0947
10-15-2012, 07:24 PM
Title says all. A&B at Coachella would be epic. Supporters? :)

Mugwog
10-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Took too much.

kronz420
10-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Kill yourself

Justin170
10-15-2012, 10:12 PM
Why not just see them in one of their 100 LA appearances before then?

AwClark
10-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Why not just see them in one of their 100 LA appearances before then?

This. I used to be a fan a few years ago, but their Group Therapy shit is so played out now. Insomniac has done too many shows with them. TATW 350 @ Palladium Dec'10, Album release @ Palladium May'11 (2 Days), EDC Vegas June'11, Group Therapy @ Shrine May'12 (3 Days), EDC Vegas June'12, Nocturnal '12. Also a couple events at Sutra down in OC thrown in there too as well as any San Diego & San Fran shows.... They play so often on the west coast that Coachella would be absolutely nothing special and by the time Coachella'13 rolls around, it will have been 2 years since any substantial new A&B material was released.

Besides, as much as I like trance the last thing I want to be witnessing is everyone in the Sahara belt out "Sun & Moon" while crying and throwing up heart shaped hands...

Justin170
10-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Agreed completely!

Staryce
10-16-2012, 10:24 AM
Sucks for those of us that don't live on the West Coast.

Sparty
10-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Personally, I am massive fan of Anjunabeats so an A&B slot has my full support. No matter how many shows these guys play their sets are always refreshing and full of energy. Yea, you're gonna hear 'Sun&Moon' and 'On My Way To Heaven' but the rest is much more mysterious than 99% of the other bookings we'll be getting in the Sahara.

shiezza
10-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Personally, I am massive fan of Anjunabeats so an A&B slot has my full support. No matter how many shows these guys play their sets are always refreshing and full of energy. Yea, you're gonna hear 'Sun&Moon' and 'On My Way To Heaven' but the rest is much more mysterious than 99% of the other bookings we'll be getting in the Sahara.

This. We're gonna get armin, tiesto, pvd, or some other big name trance act anyway. Why not get the people who do semi cheesy trance better than anyone else? I always enjoy A&B shows, and i can't get away from the aforementioned 3 fast enough when they start playing

ENluv12
10-17-2012, 06:19 AM
This. We're gonna get armin, tiesto, pvd, or some other big name trance act anyway. Why not get the people who do semi cheesy trance better than anyone else? I always enjoy A&B shows, and i can't get away from the aforementioned 3 fast enough when they start playing

I am sure we would love to know just how you know this, please, do tell.

Electrotek
10-18-2012, 03:44 AM
If Anjuna talent should be at Coachella, I'd rather have Jaytech, Dusky, and Jody Westernoff over there instead.

dank bud ftw
10-20-2012, 10:51 AM
Signed.

seitron
10-20-2012, 01:16 PM
FULL SUPPORT.

I would also like Norin & Rad or Mat Zo, two other artists I discovered by listening to their group therapy sets. I didn't like any trance at all until I heard A&B at EDC this year

Electrotek
10-21-2012, 07:29 AM
FULL SUPPORT.

I would also like Norin & Rad or Mat Zo, two other artists I discovered by listening to their group therapy sets. I didn't like any trance at all until I heard A&B at EDC this year

Might as well bring Binary Finary haha

nick5745
10-21-2012, 03:01 PM
This. I used to be a fan a few years ago, but their Group Therapy shit is so played out now. Insomniac has done too many shows with them. TATW 350 @ Palladium Dec'10, Album release @ Palladium May'11 (2 Days), EDC Vegas June'11, Group Therapy @ Shrine May'12 (3 Days), EDC Vegas June'12, Nocturnal '12. Also a couple events at Sutra down in OC thrown in there too as well as any San Diego & San Fran shows.... They play so often on the west coast that Coachella would be absolutely nothing special and by the time Coachella'13 rolls around, it will have been 2 years since any substantial new A&B material was released.

Besides, as much as I like trance the last thing I want to be witnessing is everyone in the Sahara belt out "Sun & Moon" while crying and throwing up heart shaped hands...

Yeah, they've played a lot of shows in cali because people REALLY want to see them. They sold out the warfield in SF in 10 minutes...that's a record for the warfield, and if you're not familiar with that venue, go see some of the past talent they've had. They sell out every show they have in Cali in a matter of minutes and that is something no other trance DJ/group does, not even armin who couldn't even sell out ruby skye last time he came around. Their shows are incredible and that's why the demand to see them is so high. Next time they tour around here I doubt they'll still be doing the "group therapy" set and I've heard they're working on new oceanlab material.

Anyways, signed signed signed- great producers, DJ's, and a group that actually cares about their fans.

Sparty
10-21-2012, 11:07 PM
FULL SUPPORT.

Absolutely Norin & Rad - such talented producers I would love them on the bill. Honestly that's how I feel about most talent from the Anjuna camp - Andrew Bayer, Arty, Jaytech, Myon & Shane, Super8 & Tab, Parker & Hanson - all terrific sounds. Just caught mat zo recently in Vegas and he was fantastic, I could listen to Satellite Dynamics on repeat forever. Hopefully the label's recent success can help them nab a few spots in the Sahara away from Skrilly and the train of brostep.

Sparty
10-21-2012, 11:13 PM
if you need a place to start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQuk2N6fOps

nick5745
10-22-2012, 06:52 AM
Also either of their studio essential mixes (2004 and 2011) are great, both essential mix of the year, A&B only group/DJ to ever have more than one essential mix of the year

larissa39
01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Bump.

Would love to see these guys at the polo fields. The tour dates have the coachella-sized gap and no LA dates

Kush x OJ
01-14-2013, 10:17 PM
I'd be down with A&B, I've missed them the last few times theyve come around my way

Josh_Garrett
01-14-2013, 10:19 PM
If we're getting cheesy trance Above and Beyond would be the best option. I have a feeling Above and Beyond, Armin, Dash Berlin, Tritonal, and Arty will all be there

Sensuality
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
If only they'd play real trance and not the fist pumping "trouse" bro-anthems... Then I'd say yes.

Electrotek
01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
If only they'd play real trance and not the fist pumping "trouse" bro-anthems... Then I'd say yes.

ahaha that's highly unlikely nowadays :(

Electrotek
01-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Also either of their studio essential mixes (2004 and 2011) are great, both essential mix of the year, A&B only group/DJ to ever have more than one essential mix of the year

I absolutely HATED the 2011 mix but the 2004 mix was fucking magical.