PDA

View Full Version : Overrated Filmmakers

Pages : [1] 2

p.r. teo
10-08-2012, 09:53 PM
I just got back into the country from making my latest movie and the asshole sitting next to me in first class wouldn't shut up about how "great" Danny Boyle is. He had the nerve to say "Trainspotting" was the best film in 1996 (I guess he never heard of "Scream" or "The Craft") and should have won the Oscar. Don't even get me started on the fact this jerk won a bunch of awards for that hackneed mess "Slumdog Millionaire," but to suggest he should have won even more for a shitty movie that is inaccurate in its depiction of heroin abuse withdrawal? I asked him how he could buy into a movie that a guy literally GOES INTO A TOILET TO RETRIEVE HEROIN? And he swims in the water for a long time, too. Is he a fish? Does the heroin make him so he can hold his breath for a really long time? I nearly threw up when he came out of that disgusting toilet. And it's not a metaphor because he then leaves the bar and is all wet, so we're to believe it all actually happened. It's just so ridiculous and I hate the love this movie continues to get all these years later. I had a girlfriend many years ago who secretly liked Danny Boyle and even had the book version that they made of the movie to cash in on it's success. When I found it in her room, I was so tempted to just rip it in half. I dumped her a couple days later.

I have to remember to lie when people on the plane ask me what I do for a living.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
you are a profoundly naive person

kreutz2112
10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I just got back into the country from making my latest movie and the asshole sitting next to me in first class wouldn't shut up about how "great" Danny Boyle is. He had the nerve to say "Trainspotting" was the best film in 1996 (I guess he never heard of "Scream" or "The Craft") and should have won the Oscar. Don't even get me started on the fact this jerk won a bunch of awards for that hackneed mess "Slumdog Millionaire," but to suggest he should have won even more for a shitty movie that is inaccurate in its depiction of heroin abuse withdrawal? I asked him how he could buy into a movie that a guy literally GOES INTO A TOILET TO RETRIEVE HEROIN? And he swims in the water for a long time, too. Is he a fish? Does the heroin make him so he can hold his breath for a really long time? I nearly threw up when he came out of that disgusting toilet. And it's not a metaphor because he then leaves the bar and is all wet, so we're to believe it all actually happened. It's just so ridiculous and I hate the love this movie continues to get all these years later. I had a girlfriend many years ago who secretly liked Danny Boyle and even had the book version that they made of the movie to cash in on it's success. When I found it in her room, I was so tempted to just rip it in half. I dumped her a couple days later.

I have to remember to lie when people on the plane ask me what I do for a living.

kill yourself.

Grandma
10-08-2012, 10:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xMhDR7-91w

ods..
10-08-2012, 10:08 PM
You have to be the same person as Slow Motion Apocalypse. You just have to be.

TickleMeElmo
10-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Trainspotting is way better than Scream or The Craft. Of course, you probably can't tell, just from looking at the shit movies you've worked on from your IMDB page.

TallGuyCM
10-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Because Gribbz probably won't come in here to post it:

http://i.imgur.com/x4AoC.gif

bobert
10-08-2012, 10:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Reminds me of this conversation I had with my old girlfriend sixteen years ago when when she was all like "Pinkerton is clearly the album of the year." Without even saying a word I put on Aenima, turned the volume way up and then threw all of her shit into the street.

bobert
10-08-2012, 10:16 PM
One day someone will make a movie about heroin addiction that is not funny, enlightening or entertaining. Simply accurate.

Mugwog
10-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Tell us what you think about PT Anderson

Ajo209
10-08-2012, 11:04 PM
cool story bro, tell it again?

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2012, 12:17 AM
I remember running this guy off last time.

chbludevil
10-09-2012, 01:09 AM
I think ID4 also came out in 96, hands down best film of the last 25 years

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2012, 02:50 AM
I like how his proof that it's not a metaphor is that there's a two second shot of Renton's wet shoes when he gets back to the flat.

stuporfly
10-09-2012, 04:07 AM

There is no shame in being a flight attendant. Next time just remember that you can extricate yourself from any conversation by telling the passenger you need to double-check the kosher meals.

nathanfairchild
10-09-2012, 05:46 AM

Why don't you tell us all about "The Dark Prince" and what we can expect from it.

bug on your lip
10-09-2012, 05:51 AM
I just got back into the country from making my latest movie and the asshole sitting next to me in first class wouldn't shut up about how "great" Danny Boyle is. He had the nerve to say "Trainspotting" was the best film in 1996 (I guess he never heard of "Scream" or "The Craft") and should have won the Oscar.

http://socialpsychol.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/trainspotting-begbie1.jpg

algunz
10-09-2012, 07:34 AM

How long will it take this time?

schoolofruckus
10-09-2012, 08:08 AM
I still think PRT is Randy, even though he's desecrating one of the two movies that Randy actually likes.

chairmenmeow47
10-09-2012, 09:01 AM
i like how we're questioning the reality of one scene in trainspotting, but not the entire premise of the craft. take some advice from the craft and cut yourself.

nathanfairchild
10-09-2012, 09:12 AM
How long will it take this time?

All you have to do is remind PRT that he's an absentee dad.

Mugwog
10-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Those people who put together animal planet and shit need to get over themselves. You guys filmed some polar bears fucking in the wild, great. Lets throw you a party and release 5 versions of your film and one of the editions will be in a giant globe. Pretentious mother fuckers thinking we never seen zoo books before.

captncrzy
10-09-2012, 09:43 AM

You're losing your edge.

p.r. teo
10-09-2012, 05:42 PM
Tell us what you think about PT Anderson

I was going to save him for number 3 or 4, depending on if I make it to "The Master" this weekend. I guarantee that if his first films are to be a judge, then "The Master" is not going to be a "Master"piece.

Don't flatter yourself. I went away to concentrate on making my next movie, something you don't know anything about.

I like how his proof that it's not a metaphor is that there's a two second shot of Renton's wet shoes when he gets back to the flat.

Ewan McGregor was wet from head to toe when he left the bar. I don't care how many seconds it was, that told me everything I needed to know right there.

Why don't you tell us all about "The Dark Prince" and what we can expect from it.

Well, Jon Voight appears as Van Helsing. I don't have to tell you he's an incredible actor. It's like I wasn't even directing him. This is probably his finest performance since the season of "24" he was in, or at least "Anaconda." It's the first in a planned trilogy featuring my take on Dracula. Set in medieval times and shot in beautiful Romania, it's a vampire movie not like any you've seen before. Look for it in theaters next year!

Grandma
10-09-2012, 05:51 PM
someone needs to kick your ass

tyles
10-09-2012, 06:15 PM
All you have to do is remind PRT that he's an absentee dad.

Or remind him that he's P R Teo.

TomServo
10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
There's no way this guy is real. I thought he was just full of shit before, but he's really full of nothing.

menikmati
10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
How badly I want those old meme pics from back in the day...

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Don't flatter yourself. I went away to concentrate on making my next movie, something you don't know anything about.

You're right, I don't know anything about making shitty ripoffs of horror films.

Ewan McGregor was wet from head to toe when he left the bar. I don't care how many seconds it was, that told me everything I needed to know right there.

You don't see him leave the bar. It cuts directly from him exiting the toilet to a close up of his feet back at the apartment. Explain to me how that told you everything you needed to know, dipshit. You make fucking horror movies that I'm relatively certain probably don't adhere to a fierce standard of realism. What the fuck is it that this one minute long diversion into a surrealist metaphor for Renton's desperation in the face of withdrawal somehow communicated to you about the filmmaker that has given you such an absurdly passionate hatred of what is probably the most consistent aesthetic work of our generation? Also, what the fuck would you know about heroin addiction?

ThatGirl
10-09-2012, 07:48 PM
One day someone will make a movie about heroin addiction that is not funny, enlightening or entertaining. Simply accurate.

Have you seen Requiem for a Dream yet?

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Requiem for a Dream is also not about heroin addicts, at least the movie sure as fuck isn't as evidenced by the fact that the goddamn idiots who made it inserted approximately 18 closeups of their eyeballs reacting to the rush of what they were shooting and had their pupils do the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE of what an eyeball on heroin actually does.

Also, it's a terrible piece of shit.

ThatGirl
10-09-2012, 07:57 PM
Requiem for a Dream is also not about heroin addicts, at least the movie sure as fuck isn't as evidenced by the fact that the goddamn idiots who made it inserted approximately 18 closeups of their eyeballs reacting to the rush of what they were shooting and had their pupils do the EXACT FUCKING OPPOSITE of what an eyeball on heroin actually does.

There are creative licenses taken in that movie with certain things. It made me really uncomfortable watching the desperation of the characters.

RotationSlimWang
10-09-2012, 08:02 PM
That doesn't qualify as a creative license. What actually happens to the eyes of heroin addicts would have been just as aesthetically impressive and frankly much prettier. It was a simple result of people who don't know anything about drug addicts making a movie about drug addicts so that they could pump two hours of miserable bullshit with absolutely zero purpose or interesting qualities to their characters. Fuck that movie.

Hating Trainspotting though is just stupid. Actually it's not even stupid, it's just one of the easiest, quickest ways in the world to identify yourself as someone with no taste or understanding of the medium whatsoever in very few words. It's like saying that you knew by track two of Sgt. Pepper's that you would never like that album.

ThatGirl
10-09-2012, 08:07 PM
That doesn't qualify as a creative license. What actually happens to the eyes of heroin addicts would have been just as aesthetically impressive and frankly much prettier. It was a simple result of people who don't know anything about drug addicts making a movie about drug addicts so that they could pump two hours of miserable bullshit with absolutely zero purpose or interesting qualities to their characters. Fuck that movie.

Hating Trainspotting though is just stupid. Actually it's not even stupid, it's just one of the easiest, quickest ways in the world to identify yourself as someone with no taste or understanding of the medium whatsoever in very few words. It's like saying that you knew by track two of Sgt. Pepper's that you would never like that album.
I loved Trainspotting actually.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Wes Anderson. I mean enough already

ManImCool
10-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm going to add to this dialogue and provide no supporting facts/opinions: Michael Moore is a douche.

p.r. teo
10-09-2012, 11:37 PM
You're right, I don't know anything about making shitty ripoffs of horror films.

That's not what I was talking about. I was talking about you not knowing about making a movie because you've never made one.

You don't see him leave the bar. It cuts directly from him exiting the toilet to a close up of his feet back at the apartment. Explain to me how that told you everything you needed to know, dipshit. You make fucking horror movies that I'm relatively certain probably don't adhere to a fierce standard of realism. What the fuck is it that this one minute long diversion into a surrealist metaphor for Renton's desperation in the face of withdrawal somehow communicated to you about the filmmaker that has given you such an absurdly passionate hatred of what is probably the most consistent aesthetic work of our generation? Also, what the fuck would you know about heroin addiction?

I had a girlfriend who watched the movie incessantly. I had to have seen it out of my peripheral vision at least a dozen times. You see Ewan McGregor leave the bar. Unless the print they had in Australia is different than the print they had in America, but the version I saw, you see him leave the bar.

And it told me everything I need to know about how out of his head Danny Boyle was in making this movie. I'm not proud to say I made some mistakes with addiction in the past and am too familiar with what ravages heroin has. I just thought he made light of the subject that I really found offensive. I mean, forget about the fucking toilet. A goddamn baby crawling on the ceiling?

For once, you and I agree. But again your wrong on the details. I counted 34 closeups of their eyeballs reacting incorrectly, not 18.

vulcandeathgrip
10-10-2012, 01:49 AM
It is true that Jon Voight was pretty amazing in Anaconda.

Boourns
10-10-2012, 03:40 AM
Anaconda was overrated. This is his finest performance:
RQj15x9jCEo

GuyInTucson
10-10-2012, 09:53 AM

This was the exact same thought that went through my head.

algunz
10-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I had a girlfriend who watched the movie incessantly. I had to have seen it out of my peripheral vision at least a dozen times. You see Ewan McGregor leave the bar. Unless the print they had in Australia is different than the print they had in America, but the version I saw, you see him leave the bar.

Is this the same girlfriend that you hung out with for 3 days after she had died from an overdose?

You see him leave the toilet, and it's not even really a bar.

Why would they have a different version in Australia? You're an idiot.

TomAz
10-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Overrated Boardmembers.

GuyInTucson
10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1937115/

Adventurer Captain Nemo joins forces with President Ulysses Grant to battle an evil genius who is causing naval disasters.

I really don't know where to begin. RIVETING

tyles
10-10-2012, 10:23 AM

How is this not from the same folks who make MegaShark Vs. Giant Octopus?

algunz
10-10-2012, 10:35 AM
Sharktopus!!!

GuyInTucson
10-10-2012, 11:06 AM
This made-for-TV movie has an overall score of 3.9 on IMDB -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1506458/

GuyInTucson
10-10-2012, 11:08 AM
And who can forget the smash-hit, Necromentia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286765/

VigoTheCarpathian
10-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Who ever saw Julian Schnabel's bizarre interview on Henry Rollins' bogus show. when he was talking about holding hands with lou reed, listening to metal machine music around lou's fathers cadaver. HAHAHAHA TOO GOOD

captncrzy
10-10-2012, 02:20 PM
How badly I want those old meme pics from back in the day...

There are meme pics of this guy somewhere?

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2012, 02:24 PM
There are meme pics of this guy somewhere?

the assumption is that this guy is PTA i think.

p.r. teo
10-10-2012, 09:03 PM
Anaconda was overrated. This is his finest performance:
RQj15x9jCEo

I suspect your trying to be funny. I had several long conversations with Jon on the set and he was able to impart a lot of wisdom about choosing projects. Not at first but as I got more comfortable with our relationship, I gave him some grief about his appearances in the "Baby Geniuses" movies -- he's attached to the 4th and 5th movies of the franchise -- and he told me very soberly that there are some things you have to do for your kids. He didn't mean his actual kids because I don't think Angelina Jolie is going to see "Baby Geniuses" on a date with Brad Pitt but he meant his grandkids, and for me it would be my kids. I can respect where he's coming from even though I'm so fucked up my idea of a kids movie would be something like "Hansel and Gretel" in the classic Grimm tradition, where I show the kids graphically shoving the witch into the oven and you see her skin boiling and the soundtrack would just be full of hisses like steam engines to give the proper pop of her skin disintegrating and then they eat her because they had to much sugar and they need some protein and her corpse is the only source. Then as they try to leave her cabin they come upon a mass grave of the witches previous victims and discover that she was part of a coven, and now the coven is coming after them for killing their sister. See, I just came up with that off the top of my head. You never know how inspiration is going to hit.

Is this the same girlfriend that you hung out with for 3 days after she had died from an overdose?

You see him leave the toilet, and it's not even really a bar.

Why would they have a different version in Australia? You're an idiot.

I've had more than one girlfriend in my life. I'ive had sex with Bai Ling. You think I only ever had one girlfriend that any time I mention one, it's the same person? And you call me an idiot?

They have different versions of movies in different countries. Like in America, there are digital people added to the orgy scene in "Eyes Wide Shut" to avoid the NC-17, but in every other country those digital people aren't there. Again, and you call me an idiot?

If I get the budget I want, the effects for this are going to make the "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" look stupid. I'm really optimistic too because of David Morrissey's role in this next season of the "Walking Dead." If the ratings continue on the trajectory they did the last two seasons and he trends enough on Twitter, I'll be working with my biggest budget yet. Lots of expectations but I'm up to the challenge.

This made-for-TV movie has an overall score of 3.9 on IMDB -

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1506458/

Do you know how many enemies I made in Tucson? People who thought I owed them a job on my Hollywood projects because they worked with me on one of the movies I shot in Tucson and they showed up and were drunk or high on the set even though I told them I was in recovery or just were lazy or didn't do a good job, and so somehow I'm the asshole because I break some "promise" they thought I made to take them with me because they can't have success on their own. And what's the one way they can get back at me? Give my movies bad scores on IMDb. I guarantee you if you talk to the filmmakers of the movies on IMDb that are less than 5 stars, the most of their bad scores can be traced back to people who have an axe to grind.

And who can forget the smash-hit, Necromentia.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286765/

From http://www.blogomatic3000.com/2009/09/26/review-necromentia/:

Necromentia is another non linear anthology that intertwines it’s stories. This time the tale is that of three men – Hagen, Travis and Morbius – as they each experience their own personal hell, then proceed to reign hell upon the next man. And while there have been many attempts at re-creating hell on screen, none more famous than Clive Barker’s Hellraiser and it’s twisted ‘hero’ Pinhead, none have felt so unpleasantly real as Necromentia. Never has a film’s title been so apt – with it’s mix of freakish, nightmarish imagery, sadomasochism, gore, torture, and dark twisted storytelling, Necromentia is like watching a window into hell, showing the true “craziness of death” – including such twisted scenes as a pig headed monster wrapped in barbed wire dancing round a room and a karaoke sequence featuring a song that could have written by satan himself.

Yeah, I was really going for a crowd pleaser with that one. It's no surprise it wasn't commercial. The audience for a movie like that is necessarily small because only a select few can be primed to accept such a dystopic view of life.

p.r. teo
10-10-2012, 09:14 PM
And in keeping with the intent of this thread, can someone fucking kill Quentin Tarantino and put us out of the misery of having another movie by him be released every so many years already? I don't know if he was trying to make a homage to Buddhism with the reincarnation of Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction" but as a native Singaporean, I thought that was really offensive. His soundtracks would be infinitely better if they had music from THIS CENTURY. Stop living in the past, Quentin. And how much of a sellout do you have to be to make a movie called "Kill Bill" and have advertisements say "In 2004, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill" and then right before it's released you cut it into 2 and Bill doesn't even appear until the following year? The only good thing about that movie was Lucy Liu, but then I've had an unrequested crush on her ever since "Ally McBeal." (Another girlfriend -- not the one who overdosed or who liked "Trainspotting," in case algunz is going to jump to those conclusions.) And now he's got this "Django Unchained" coming out and you just know it's another blaxploitation ripoff. Talk about going back to the same well too many times.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Your ideas are very boring

stinkbutt
10-10-2012, 09:20 PM
For someone trying way too hard to be offensive you sure get butthurt a lot by things that aren't there

RotationSlimWang
10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Did you guys hear that? He's going to show League of Extraordinary Gentlemen what the FUCK is up.

stinkbutt
10-10-2012, 09:27 PM
I'ive had sex with Bai Ling

Your single greatest claim to fame is sticking it in some nerd bait that is only famous because she was in a scene in Star Wars Episode 3 that didn't even make it into the movie. BTW love the sweet Val Kilmer Doors tatt

bmack86
10-10-2012, 09:31 PM
Hey, she was also in Crank 2: High Voltage.

chairmenmeow47
10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
and celebrity rehab!

vulcandeathgrip
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
"unrequested crush"

GuyInTucson
10-10-2012, 11:56 PM
And in keeping with the intent of this thread, can someone fucking kill Quentin Tarantino and put us out of the misery of having another movie by him be released every so many years already? I don't know if he was trying to make a homage to Buddhism with the reincarnation of Vincent Vega in "Pulp Fiction" but as a native Singaporean, I thought that was really offensive. His soundtracks would be infinitely better if they had music from THIS CENTURY. Stop living in the past, Quentin. And how much of a sellout do you have to be to make a movie called "Kill Bill" and have advertisements say "In 2004, Uma Thurman will Kill Bill" and then right before it's released you cut it into 2 and Bill doesn't even appear until the following year? The only good thing about that movie was Lucy Liu, but then I've had an unrequested crush on her ever since "Ally McBeal." (Another girlfriend -- not the one who overdosed or who liked "Trainspotting," in case algunz is going to jump to those conclusions.) And now he's got this "Django Unchained" coming out and you just know it's another blaxploitation ripoff. Talk about going back to the same well too many times.

Nobody gives a fuck.

nathanfairchild
10-11-2012, 04:05 AM

I read all of your posts in George Takei's voice.

schoolofruckus
10-11-2012, 04:56 AM
I guarantee you if you talk to the filmmakers of the movies on IMDb that are less than 5 stars, the most of their bad scores can be traced back to people who have an axe to grind.

Hey look, he said something that's true!!!!

And yet, still pitiful.

xanman86
10-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Your single greatest claim to fame is sticking it in some nerd bait that is only famous because she was in a scene in Star Wars Episode 3 that didn't even make it into the movie. BTW love the sweet Val Kilmer Doors tatt

Somewhat appropriate pic of me and Bai Ling at Comic Con. Fucker who took it didn't even try lol

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/376327_10101224631086313_2009858220_n.jpg

captncrzy
10-11-2012, 07:34 AM
the assumption is that this guy is PTA i think.

Oh, gotcha. Well, I guess someone could make more.

BTW love the sweet Val Kilmer Doors tatt

Shit, I can't get on facebook work.

SlowMotionApocalypse
10-11-2012, 08:02 AM

I kinda liked Trainspotting.

Not much of a movie buff but I would say that just about everything I have seen in the last few decades with Al Pacino, Martin Scorcese, Jack Nicholson or Robert DeNiro involved has been total shit.

SlowMotionApocalypse
10-11-2012, 08:04 AM

The latest Denver Post series on heroin but I doubt your average movie fan reads much.

SlowMotionApocalypse
10-11-2012, 08:07 AM
Have you seen Requiem for a Dream yet?

I popped hard on the ass to ass scene. Do you have any heroin stories like that?

SlowMotionApocalypse
10-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Is Bai Ling a tranny?

RotationSlimWang
10-11-2012, 08:43 AM
Somewhat appropriate pic of me and Bai Ling at Comic Con. Fucker who took it didn't even try lol

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/376327_10101224631086313_2009858220_n.jpg

And the award for Nerdiest Asian goes to... (wait a minute, you're fucking kidding me, there's one that's nerdier than all the others? How's that even physically possible?)

bug on your lip
10-11-2012, 01:07 PM
hhahahaha... nerds... and asians...

keep em coming bro !!

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-11-2012, 01:25 PM
She looks like she's going to snap in half.

xanman86
10-11-2012, 01:33 PM
lol I took a pic myself before asking that random dude to get one of us together. I wish I could clone myself so I can take my own pics at shit like this...

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/202286_10101224635467533_2704093_o.jpg

SlowMotionApocalypse
10-11-2012, 01:38 PM
http://mactonnies.com/femalien.jpg

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-11-2012, 01:42 PM
I looked up Bai Ling to jog my memory of somehting I had seen her in, and i saw that this is a thing that she is in.

COACHELLA MASSACRE
2012, 90 minutes
Horror/Thriller
based around the Coachella Music Festival held annually in Indio, California

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2217696/
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/film_view.php?uid=64377

xanman86
10-11-2012, 01:47 PM
haha no way! we should get in on that next year

AlecEiffel
10-11-2012, 02:13 PM
It'll be like that awful Warped Tour slasher movie with none of the artist cameos.

amyzzz
10-11-2012, 02:16 PM
Holy cow is she skinny.

captncrzy
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Way to ruin the potential for comedy gold with your shitty pics.

GuyInTucson
10-11-2012, 02:26 PM
I looked up Bai Ling to jog my memory of somehting I had seen her in, and i saw that this is a thing that she is in.

COACHELLA MASSACRE
2012, 90 minutes
Horror/Thriller
based around the Coachella Music Festival held annually in Indio, California

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2217696/
http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/film_view.php?uid=64377

lulz, Richard Grieco?!?!? No fucking way.

xanman86
10-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Way to ruin the potential for comedy gold with your shitty pics.

Learn to adapt

captncrzy
10-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Learn to not be so horrible

xanman86
10-11-2012, 03:07 PM
Learn to not be so horrible

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness

ods..
10-13-2012, 12:12 PM
I miss p.r. teo.... fucking xanman killed the thread

BROKENDOLL
10-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh, I'm sure he just dipped out to load up on more ego...

M Sparks
10-14-2012, 09:52 AM
My theory is P R Teo is really Dan Frank, director of Pets Of The Rich And Famous, Bikini Kitchen, and Coachella Massacre.

captncrzy
10-15-2012, 08:14 AM
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness

No shit.

TomAz
10-15-2012, 08:20 AM
Bai Ling is an oppressor of the Tibetan people.

TomServo
10-15-2012, 07:35 PM
It's always fun when some film nerd lectures you about how you should hate movies that you actually enjoy watching.

No, "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" is not "Citizen Kane", but damn if there weren't little kids dancing in the aisles during the movie, and our entire family went home happy. You don't have to hate yourself while you're watching a film to appreciate the genius behind the movie.

SlowMotionApocalypse
10-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Forrest Gump sucks. Fuck that movie.

Mugwog
10-15-2012, 11:17 PM
What sucks about seeing a man with no legs and some AIDs sex?

p.r. teo
10-17-2012, 09:31 PM

Sorry I got called to Hollywood last minute by Dean Devlin. Some of us have important meetings to get to instead of staying on an internet message board all the time.

My theory is P R Teo is really Dan Frank, director of Pets Of The Rich And Famous, Bikini Kitchen, and Coachella Massacre.

It's offensive that you would think I wasn't who I say I was. It's more offensive that you would think I was responsible for those horrible movies. Have you even seen "Pets of the Rich and Famous? It makes "Beverly Hills Chihuahua" look like a great movie. The plot is paper thin and the acting is really awful. It's more offensive even that you would think I look like someone that ugly as that director.

Bai Ling is an oppressor of the Tibetan people.

If you knew what a giving person she is and how much she does for other people you wouldn't try to condemn her. I guess it's so easy to do from the safety of the internet though, to make vicious comments about people you don't even know.

It's always fun when some film nerd lectures you about how you should hate movies that you actually enjoy watching.

No, "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" is not "Citizen Kane", but damn if there weren't little kids dancing in the aisles during the movie, and our entire family went home happy. You don't have to hate yourself while you're watching a film to appreciate the genius behind the movie.

Aren't you the one who couldn't shut up about how great "Cabin in the Woods" is? Why don't you try watching something by Stanley Kubrick before you make us all laugh by calling Paul Thomas Anderson a genius. "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" was no good (horrible animation) and "The Master" was even worse. What was supposed to be wrong with Joaqin Phoenix's back? And he talked out of the side of his mouth like he had a stroke. My father had a stroke when I was young and he was never so powerful again after that so it was a real stretch that he would be able to fight off those cops like he did. I'm glad I get into movies for free or else I would stab myself for paying money to see that movie.

stinkbutt
10-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry I got called to Hollywood last minute by Dean Devlin. Some of us have important meetings to get to instead of staying on an internet message board all the time.

Sweet bro, did you get the job for Stargate 2? Independence Day 2?

Tubesock Shakur
10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
If you knew what a giving person she is and how much she does for other people you wouldn't try to condemn her.

hand jobs?

Ajo209
10-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Do you like the taste of your own penis p.r. teo?

Tubesock Shakur
10-17-2012, 09:40 PM
Bai ling me long time.

RotationSlimWang
10-17-2012, 11:26 PM
Dude thinks Paul Thomas Anderson made The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

ods..
10-17-2012, 11:38 PM
for real doe

malcolmjamalawesome
10-18-2012, 03:50 AM
Also considers "watch some Stanley Kubrick" to be revelatory

guedita
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
(horrible animation)

TomAz
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
If you knew what a giving person she is and how much she does for other people you wouldn't try to condemn her. I guess it's so easy to do from the safety of the internet though, to make vicious comments about people you don't even know.

Facts are facts, you fucking globule:

Born in the southern city Cheng Du of China, Bai Ling began her career at the age of 14. She enlisted In the Chinese People's Liberation Army where she spent three years in a performance troop entertaining soldiers stationed in Tibet.

That makes her an auxiliary to the crime, you worthless teabag.

oh and also:

Sorry I got called to Hollywood last minute by Dean Devlin.

If this had actually happened, you wouldn't have been posting it here.

TomServo
10-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Dude thinks Paul Thomas Anderson made The Fantastic Mr. Fox.

You're about as dumb as P.R. Teo. If you bothered to read the thread, Wed Anderson was brought up in the second page.

As for Teo's claim that I wouldn't shut up about how great "Cabin in the Woods" was... what I said was:

"Enough scares and blood to be a legit horror film, enough humor and in-jokes to be a comedy, and the necessary cast members and female lead to make it a Joss Whedon production. Like all Whedon's work, there's a little "cheapness" to it - a few mistakes or missteps that should have been ironed out, some comedy that feels a little too cute, but all in all it's the best horror deconstruction since "Scream" with some really fine performances."

Maybe if I had realized at the time that P.R. Teo jerks off to the "Scream" DVD twice nightly I wouldn't have brought its hallowed name into the discussion, but I stand by what I said. Regarding "The Master" - just because you didn't get it doesn't mean it sucks. See, people often use film to explore their inner struggles, not just their homicidal urges. Wait... why am I arguing with an invented ghost login? Sigh.

RotationSlimWang
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
So your theory is that I'm an idiot because in the middle of a paragraph discussing nothing but PTA, this jerkoff just inserted a comment on The Fantastic Mr. Fox? When you do that, contextually it makes you look like you think you're still talking about the same director.

Why don't we just dedicate this thread to letting Tom Servo and P.R., two people who have absolutely deplorable, retarded comments about film in any form to go back and forth calling each other stupid and neither one of you actually expressing a single opinion worth half a shit in the process.

malcolmjamalawesome
10-18-2012, 07:58 PM
PTA's Resident Evil movies suck, too.

p.r. teo
10-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Sweet bro, did you get the job for Stargate 2? Independence Day 2?

No I wouldn't be interested in doing one of those projects. I don't even know if he's even working on a Stargate 2. I'm not interested so I don't ask and he hasn't brought it up. I did give him some ideas on what the aliens should look like but otherwise we were just talking about this exciting new vampire property his company acquired that he said is a good fit for my sense of style.

Facts are facts, you fucking globule:

That makes her an auxiliary to the crime, you worthless teabag.

oh and also:

If this had actually happened, you wouldn't have been posting it here.

I thought we were just going to speak English in here. Ok if not that's allright. 你他媽的混蛋

And better to stick to things you know, like waiting in line for food stamps and sitting by the mailbox waiting for your unemployment check to be delivered.

You're about as dumb as P.R. Teo. If you bothered to read the thread, Wed Anderson was brought up in the second page.

As for Teo's claim that I wouldn't shut up about how great "Cabin in the Woods" was... what I said was:

"Enough scares and blood to be a legit horror film, enough humor and in-jokes to be a comedy, and the necessary cast members and female lead to make it a Joss Whedon production. Like all Whedon's work, there's a little "cheapness" to it - a few mistakes or missteps that should have been ironed out, some comedy that feels a little too cute, but all in all it's the best horror deconstruction since "Scream" with some really fine performances."

Maybe if I had realized at the time that P.R. Teo jerks off to the "Scream" DVD twice nightly I wouldn't have brought its hallowed name into the discussion, but I stand by what I said. Regarding "The Master" - just because you didn't get it doesn't mean it sucks. See, people often use film to explore their inner struggles, not just their homicidal urges. Wait... why am I arguing with an invented ghost login? Sigh.

So what was the inner struggles in "The Master"? That Joaquin Phoenix wanted to fuck everybody? That he wanted to be like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Phillip Seymour Hoffman wanted to be like Joaquin Phoenix? That it was all just a dream like "Inception"? And the only time I would have jerked off to "Scream" was before there were even DVDs so your wrong like always on that.

PTA's Resident Evil movies suck, too.

He didn't make those movies. The first two are actually pretty good but I agree they should have stopped there on a high note.

bug on your lip
10-19-2012, 07:14 AM
exciting new vampire property

I could never hang with Hollywood types... they sound like morons

GuyInTucson
10-19-2012, 11:26 AM
No I wouldn't be interested in doing one of those projects. I don't even know if he's even working on a Stargate 2. I'm not interested so I don't ask and he hasn't brought it up. I did give him some ideas on what the aliens should look like but otherwise we were just talking about this exciting new vampire property his company acquired that he said is a good fit for my sense of style.

I thought we were just going to speak English in here. Ok if not that's allright. 你他媽的混蛋

And better to stick to things you know, like waiting in line for food stamps and sitting by the mailbox waiting for your unemployment check to be delivered.

So what was the inner struggles in "The Master"? That Joaquin Phoenix wanted to fuck everybody? That he wanted to be like Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Phillip Seymour Hoffman wanted to be like Joaquin Phoenix? That it was all just a dream like "Inception"? And the only time I would have jerked off to "Scream" was before there were even DVDs so your wrong like always on that.

He didn't make those movies. The first two are actually pretty good but I agree they should have stopped there on a high note.

You're insufferable. What gave you the audacity to come in here and act like anyone on these forums gives a flying fuck about your personal stories or encounters with b and c-list celebrities? No one gives a shit. Assuming you really are this "P.R. Teo" fellow, you make (and work on) extremely awful movies that only people without the access to technology would really appreciate. Not only that, but if you feel you are some star in your own eyes, why would you come to these boards and post to people who don't know who you are nor do they desire the drivel you force them to endure when you make a post?

No one fucking cares you narcissistic, Jet-Li-reject-looking motherfucker. Help reduce the surplus population and go drink bleach.

RotationSlimWang
10-19-2012, 11:39 AM
... I haven't heard one celebrity that even reaches C-list, am I missing something?

GuyInTucson
10-19-2012, 11:50 AM
... I haven't heard one celebrity that even reaches C-list, am I missing something?

They are the ones that P.R. Teo works with.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
I'm just waiting for the grand finally when Randy becomes aware that he is p.r. teo. How surreal will this be for him.

Somewhat Damaged
10-19-2012, 12:11 PM
They are the ones that P.R. Teo works with.

Right. Randy's saying that nobody he's mentioned amounts to even as lofty a ranking as C-list celebrity. Although I would disagree with that in regards to Jon Voight, but that was the joke he was going for.

GuyInTucson
10-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Right. Randy's saying that nobody he's mentioned amounts to even as lofty a ranking as C-list celebrity. Although I would disagree with that in regards to Jon Voight, but that was the joke he was going for.

Got it. I interpreted it differently. I thought he was referring to celebrities in general, as if C-list celebrities don't exist. Didn't initially realize he was referencing the "celebrities" P.R. Teo has worked with.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
the meeting of the minds

VigoTheCarpathian
10-19-2012, 12:36 PM
what the fuck

HotHamWater
10-19-2012, 01:09 PM

You have Tom pegged. Truly, spot on.

SepaGroove
10-19-2012, 01:14 PM
The pictures of this p.r. teo guy are fucking classic.

Memes must be made.

captncrzy
10-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I can't get memegenerator to work. Must be my firewall at work.

p.r. teo
10-21-2012, 07:51 PM
You're insufferable. What gave you the audacity to come in here and act like anyone on these forums gives a flying fuck about your personal stories or encounters with b and c-list celebrities? No one gives a shit. Assuming you really are this "P.R. Teo" fellow, you make (and work on) extremely awful movies that only people without the access to technology would really appreciate. Not only that, but if you feel you are some star in your own eyes, why would you come to these boards and post to people who don't know who you are nor do they desire the drivel you force them to endure when you make a post?

No one fucking cares you narcissistic, Jet-Li-reject-looking motherfucker. Help reduce the surplus population and go drink bleach.

Have you seen any of my movies? Reading about them on IMDb isn't the same as watching them. I can post stuff on IMDb about how GuyInTucson is really smart and witty but of course it wouldn't be true. Just because you read something on the internet doesn't make it true. So if you haven't watched my movies then your criticism doesn't mean anything to me. And you must not have watched them or you wouldn't be so offensive to me. Instead you would be one of my followers on Facebook and Twitter eagerly waiting my next movie to fawn over.

Why do I come here? Let's say it's like a self-tax. Charity work to mingle with people who go to the same events I"ve been going to since 2006. That and boredom. And if you don't care, you sure respond a lot.

algunz
10-21-2012, 09:28 PM
This thread is like a circle jerk with no real penises and a total lack of remuneration. I can't believe you boys are still in here.

RotationSlimWang
10-22-2012, 06:19 PM
I just got an email that P.R. tried to send me a PM but my inbox was full. P.R., please send again. I can't wait to read this hot load of bullshit.

RotationSlimWang
10-22-2012, 08:32 PM
This really belongs in the Wherein We Post Private Messages For Public Commentary Thread, but I figured it was more relevant here:

You asked for it, asshole. I was talking to Bai Ling on the phone Saturday and mentioned what you said about her oppressing Tibetans. She got really offended like I predicted and pointed out that even her maid is Tibetan so how can she oppress Tibetans? It was just to painful to hear the pain in her voice over being told about so offensive a remark that you said. I know your probably just a punk teenage kid who still lives in his parents garage so you don't have any real world experience but the words you say from behind the internet really do have an affect on how people feel. She yelled at me and said to me that I ruin her trip to Beijing so I hope you are happy about that. I hope you get run over by a car! Or better yet that you unknowing come to audition for one of my movies and I can laugh you out of the room. Don't expect that your career is ever going to get off the ground. I won't allow it!

Awesome. So awesome on so many levels. High five, Tom.

malcolmjamalawesome
10-22-2012, 08:42 PM
How does this always happen

RotationSlimWang
10-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Hahahahahaha, it really is uncanny.

ods..
10-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Wait. Does no one feel the irony here?

She got really offended (like I predicted) and pointed out that even her maid is Tibetan so how can she oppress Tibetans?

Come on now. I stand by my belief that this is not a real person.

Drewski27
10-22-2012, 10:24 PM
this gets my vote for thread of the year.

malcolmjamalawesome
10-23-2012, 04:27 AM
Wait. Does no one feel the irony here?

Come on now. I stand by my belief that this is not a real person.

I think the irony was so obvious that we all had the good sense not to comment

ods..
10-23-2012, 07:13 AM
I think the irony was so obvious that we all had the good sense not to comment

And yet a few days ago we were wondering whether p.r. teo was a real person or an alias. I think this obvious irony proves the latter.

You fuck

guedita
10-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Oh, Randy. But you wanted to be an extra in a p.r. teo feature film so badly! And now you've ruined your chance.

HotHamWater
10-23-2012, 08:30 AM
There's a lot to love in this thread. Truly marvelous work by all involved.

SepaGroove
10-23-2012, 09:33 AM
this gets my vote for thread of the year.

I second this.

Bravo.

guedita
10-23-2012, 09:41 AM
I'VE HAD SEX WITH BAI LING

captncrzy
10-23-2012, 10:27 AM
YOUR CAREER WILL NEVER GET OFF THE GROUND RANDY

schoolofruckus
10-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Guys - RANDY AND PRT ARE THE SAME HUMAN BEING. How can I be the only one that realizes this????

roberto73
10-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Some of my best friends are Tibetan.

Mugwog
10-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Guys - RANDY AND PRT ARE THE SAME HUMAN BEING. How can I be the only one that realizes this????

How the fuck is that possible? You can't post from the same computer can you?

VigoTheCarpathian
10-23-2012, 11:11 AM
I'VE HAD SEX WITH BAI LING

this may be the only truth to the whole damn thread

bmack86
10-23-2012, 12:04 PM
So, umm, that PM was to Tom, not Randy, right? Seeing as how Randy thanks Tom and it's clearly addressing Tom's comments regarding Bai Ling? So Tom won't be able to get his fledgling acting career off the ground so that he can finally move out of his parents' basement. Randy might still have a shot.

Poor ole married, house-owning, job-holding, child-rearing, hilariously acerbic Tom.

guedita
10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
I like how that PM reveals that PRT lives in a world in which everyone is actively hoping to land a part in one of his films.

GuyInTucson
10-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Tom, you punk teenage kid.

unit300021
10-23-2012, 12:38 PM
I'm pretty sure if anyone upset Bai it would have been P.R. Teo. I mean he might have not made the comment but he is the one that told her over the phone about it. So Mr. Teo, it's you who ruined her trip, you could have just either waited for her to finish her trip or you know just not mention anything at all to her. That is of course if this phone conversation really did in fact happen.

But yes this gets my vote for thread of the year also.

algunz
10-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I like how that PM reveals that PRT lives in a world in which everyone is actively hoping to land a part in one of his films.

I thought he was hoping that Tom/Randy would "unknowingly" audition for a movie. I figured that would be the only way ANYONE would ever try out for one of his "films."

HotHamWater
10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Man, I love all of you. The board usually disappoints. This isn't one of those times.

captncrzy
10-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Internet gold.

miscorrections
10-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Am I the only person jaded enough to think this isn't that funny?

captncrzy
10-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Go.

http://qkme.me/3rh3e3

captncrzy
10-23-2012, 01:43 PM

It started in the filmmakers thread.

captncrzy
10-23-2012, 01:46 PM
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j251/captncrzy/10-23-20122-50-01PM_zps0c39f6ee.jpg

SepaGroove
10-23-2012, 01:50 PM
"She yelled at me and said to me that I ruin her trip to Beijing so I hope you are happy about that."

:rotfl

schoolofruckus
10-23-2012, 02:09 PM
How the fuck is that possible? You can't post from the same computer can you?

I don't understand the question. Are you asking whether two screen names can be posted from the same computer?

GuyInTucson
10-23-2012, 02:10 PM
I believe that was his attempt at sarcasm.

SepaGroove
10-23-2012, 02:16 PM
http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k341/uncebay33/3rh40h.jpg

guedita
10-23-2012, 02:19 PM
I don't understand the question. Are you asking whether two screen names can be posted from the same computer?

The quality of Mugwog's humor is appropriately analogous to PRTEO'S film-making.

algunz
10-23-2012, 02:24 PM
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/alessandragunz/Coache11a/8b80b7a46b373ac9447cb226c95b55ce.jpg

miscorrections
10-23-2012, 02:27 PM
They would be better if the source image didn't have that shitty caption thing.

algunz
10-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Mis, you should go as Charlie The Unicorn for Halloween.

miscorrections
10-23-2012, 02:30 PM
I'd rather keep my kidneys.

algunz
10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
:) . . .

Somewhat Damaged
10-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Sans caption:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTMxODY1MDk5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzgyMTczMQ@@._ V1._SX300_SY400_.jpg

Mugwog
10-23-2012, 02:41 PM
The quality of Mugwog's humor is appropriately analogous to PRTEO'S film-making.

So I have a cult following on the internet? Nice.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-23-2012, 02:56 PM
and as this thread comes full circle we are left still with the mugwog question. I say a final solution is at hand. we need to kill this person.

Drewski27
10-23-2012, 03:14 PM
http://qkme.me/3rh52z

HotHamWater
10-23-2012, 03:15 PM

I'm enjoying it for my own reasons. On the surface, it's not all that funny.

And it's kind of jumping the shark with the memes.

guedita
10-23-2012, 03:19 PM
and as this thread comes full circle we are left still with the mugwog question. I say a final solution is at hand. we need to kill this person.

Shut the fuck up.

algunz
10-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I'm enjoying it for my own reasons. On the surface, it's not all that funny.

And it's kind of jumping the shark with the memes.

It jumped the shark when you boys actually tried to engage in a real discussion about film.

Drewski27
10-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Terrence Malick is pretty overrated you guyz.

HotHamWater
10-23-2012, 03:34 PM
It jumped the shark when you boys actually tried to engage in a real discussion about film.

You boys? You haven't the slightest clue what you're talking about.

guedita
10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
SLUT

algunz
10-23-2012, 03:40 PM
The skids are getting anxious.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Sissy boy

Tubesock Shakur
10-23-2012, 04:54 PM
Cool thread y'all.

stinkbutt
10-23-2012, 05:59 PM
brings up fucking Bai Ling on internet
gets offended when people make fun
puts on white armor and calls Bai Ling
put on hold by tibetan maid
no more fucking Bai Ling

unit300021
10-23-2012, 07:28 PM
And here is his Wikipedia page for those who haven't seen it either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearry_Teo

p.r. teo
10-23-2012, 07:47 PM
For those of you that haven't seen my IMDb.....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo1_1280.png

RotationSlimWang
10-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Here's my horribly written bio on IMDB. Also, just in case you weren't envying me already, check out the second picture from the left of me about to be sold into sexual slavery to a very famous actor.

p.r. teo
10-23-2012, 07:51 PM
These are the movies I directed or am directing....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo2_1280.png

RotationSlimWang
10-23-2012, 07:56 PM
And to further prove my point that I'm NOT a douchebag, allow me to post a list of the shitty movies I've been involved with. You know, it takes a lot of character to make a shitty movie. I mean, you need a lot of things. Like a few thousand dollars. Plus, LIGHTS!

guedita
10-23-2012, 07:56 PM
DEMO REEL! DEMO REEL!

p.r. teo
10-23-2012, 07:58 PM
This was the 2nd film I made. 6.5 isn't too bad but could be better if not for haters.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo3_1280.png

RotationSlimWang
10-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's the second terrible film I made. There are a couple themes I like to keep as a running constant throughout all my work: insanely bad titles, summaries that make you want to gouge your eyes out rather than sit through it, and the fact that no one has ever heard of them.

p.r. teo
10-23-2012, 08:03 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo4_500.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo5_400.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo6_400.png

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-23-2012, 08:04 PM
I had no plans of getting into this conversation, but I fail to see how an aggregate formed from 24 people (especially the types that bother to write anything on IMDB) is somehow supposed to prove anything.

unit300021
10-23-2012, 08:07 PM
This was the 2nd film I made. 6.5 isn't too bad but could be better if not for haters.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdp4fUb5I1rjdjhfo3_1280.png

Yes a 6.5, rated from a total of 24 users. 24 people that most likely are fans of B horror movies. So rated less then average from genre fans. Interesting.

Edit: Pretty Much what Drinkey said

RotationSlimWang
10-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Here's the problem with your method of trying to make yourself look better by putting Rick's work down, Teo: there's only two levels of famous--famous and nobody knows who the fuck you are. Despite having made however many movies, you are both in the same category.

HotHamWater
10-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Here's the problem with your method of trying to make yourself look better by putting Rick's work down, Teo: there's only two levels of famous--famous and nobody knows who the fuck you are. Despite having made however many movies, you are both in the same category.

RotationSlimWang
10-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Here's my IMDB. I've won trophies, fucko.

http://i.imgur.com/BkICj.jpg

captncrzy
10-23-2012, 08:26 PM
Do beeee doooooo bee dooooo ......

HotHamWater
10-23-2012, 08:35 PM
As long as we're comparing IMDB dicks. I fuck Ellen....

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d136/tommyboyunm/PDR_zps09d137a2.jpg

Mugwog
10-23-2012, 08:40 PM
And here is his Wikipedia page for those who haven't seen it either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearry_Teo

Pearry Reginald Teo began his career with as a school drop out, making quirky horror films, with borrowed cameras. His first film, Liberata Me, won the New York International Film Festival for best horror film. Shortly after, his following films would win him awards, sealing his first feature film deal The Gene Generation.[1]
A fashion design drop out, Teo attended school in Melbourne, Australia before arriving to the United States to pursue his career in filmmaking. His growing list of fan base comprises mostly those in the underground sub-culture, whose keen interest in him lies in his unique but dark visual style.[2] The movie, The Gene Generation, stars Bai Ling and Faye Dunaway. The movie was released on DVD on 27 January 2009.

This guy is really going to hate it when he catches up on his internet searchings of himself.

Grandma
10-23-2012, 09:25 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/Picture3-2.png

Tubesock Shakur
10-23-2012, 10:19 PM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ann-sellors-gif.gif

VigoTheCarpathian
10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
This message board, you people, make me sick to my stomach. All of you are sickening.

mountmccabe
10-24-2012, 03:53 AM

How can you possibly read that he is trying to put Rick down? You're stretching.

I took it as more starfuckerism, "I know Bai Ling" "I worked with Rick" etc.

scbme5
10-24-2012, 07:26 AM
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/ann-sellors-gif.gif

best...ever.

miscorrections
10-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Tiresome.

bug on your lip
10-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Tiresome + infinity ^ owned

bmack86
10-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Tiresome plus infinity to the owned power?

bug on your lip
10-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Nope. Now give me your lunch money!!!

TomAz
10-24-2012, 11:39 AM

umm.

He started making films at the later stage than most filmmakers

So I've been busy and didn't see this til today. This has put me in a great mood. This and the part about ruining Buy Ling's trip to Beijing. 你没有受过教育的擦皮鞋的男孩

amyzzz
10-24-2012, 11:48 AM
p. r. teo is Rick?

bmack86
10-24-2012, 11:57 AM
That was my takeaway.

TomAz
10-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Also, Randy is me.

ods..
10-24-2012, 12:23 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view3/1712978/soze-o.gif

guedita
10-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Shocking News, Everybody! Schoolio was PTA all along.

bug on your lip
10-24-2012, 12:45 PM
I'm Ronnie

HotHamWater
10-24-2012, 02:01 PM
This board barely has a pulse at this point.

stuporfly
10-24-2012, 03:11 PM
The most interesting thing about that IMDB bio is that the San Diego County Credit Union has free checking.

30,000 ATM's, bitches! (Although given Bai Ling's continued involvement in the conversation, that could mean 30K ass-to-mouth flicks.)

algunz
10-24-2012, 04:47 PM
All it takes is 1K?

Somewhat Damaged
10-24-2012, 08:40 PM
p. r. teo is Rick?

Took some of you long enough. And here I thought it was obvious, to the extent that I created a Tumblr account to post the images since the URL for my Photobucket account has my name. Man, you guys don't run with anything with the potential for humor anymore.

I'm especially tickled, though, that somebody's pretending to be p.r. teo on Monklish's blog. "underrated director," for sure.

guedita
10-25-2012, 01:39 AM
You guys we've gotten so lazy that amyzzz cracked the code.

captncrzy
10-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Not to mention the fact that a perfect troll was placed in your lap and no one did anything good with it.

RIP to the days of Matt at the Movies

algunz
10-25-2012, 07:37 AM
Hahahaha!

I'm so dumb.

HotHamWater
10-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Sigged.

Also, I think we can all agree that Randy has shown a talent over the years for being gullible. You all remember the poorly-acted stunt that Ronnie, Andrew, and Sophia pulled on him?

Miroir Noir
10-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Hahahaha!

I'm so dumb.

So am I. I always get lost in these types of threads before I can figure out the con.

schoolofruckus
10-25-2012, 09:13 AM
I still think it's Randy.

HotHamWater
10-25-2012, 09:32 AM
We can't rule out anything at this point. I demand a response from Randy on this matter.

RotationSlimWang
10-25-2012, 09:39 AM
My official word on this is that it's lame. Rick apparently got suckered by the real P. R. Teo or whatever for 1000 dollars or some shit and decided that as retribution he was going to make a fake account for the guy, come on the board, and act like a jerkoff in the hopes of getting us to make fun of the guy for him? Rick and Jen masterminded a big, fat plan to try to get the guy meme'd, is that the idea? The problem with doing this is that every time a couple dickwads like you try to fake a troll, it makes the board's fun people less inclined to ever aggressively fuck with someone again.

"dropped a perfect troll in your lap and you did nothing with it." Shows a fundamental lack of understanding of how this works and what makes things funny, asshole.

RotationSlimWang
10-25-2012, 09:42 AM
How fucking dumb do you have to be to give THAT guy a thousand dollars, Rick? Exactly what convinced you that the maker of those shitty movies was legit enough to give some money to, you dizzy cunt?

SepaGroove
10-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Well that was fun while it lasted...

guedita
10-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Shall we all collaborate on a prteo fan script just for funsies?

xanman86
10-25-2012, 09:58 AM
:nono

getbetter
10-25-2012, 09:59 AM
Tim Burton is pretty much a high budget ripoff of Jan svankmajer.

RotationSlimWang
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/896563.jpg

RotationSlimWang
10-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Here's your fucking meme, you fucks.

http://www.mememaker.net/template/rick-the-mastermind

bmack86
10-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Tim Burton is pretty much a high budget ripoff of Jan svankmajer.

I'm glad SOMEONE is running with the original theme of the thread.

captncrzy
10-25-2012, 10:06 AM
a) I had nothing to do with it
b) Up until last night, you were sure it was the real Teo. And had you gone after him, it would have been fantastic.

VigoTheCarpathian
10-25-2012, 10:12 AM
yo la tengo fucktards. I cant believe we missed this the whole time hahahahaha its too good

RotationSlimWang
10-25-2012, 10:16 AM
a) I had nothing to do with it
b) Up until last night, you were sure it was the real Teo. And had you gone after him, it would have been fantastic.

There was nothing to go after because it was staged. There was no material to work with. You can't fake being a good person to fuck with, because (a) you're not that person so you don't care about it, and (b) because if Rick had any talent as a fucking writer he wouldn't be giving thousands of dollars to guys who look like Final Fantasy bosses.

xanman86
10-25-2012, 10:18 AM
There was nothing to go after because it was staged. There was no material to work with. You can't fake being a good person to fuck with, because (a) you're not that person so you don't care about it, and (b) because if Rick had any talent as a fucking writer he wouldn't be giving thousands of dollars to guys who look like Final Fantasy bosses.

:lool

AlecEiffel
10-25-2012, 10:32 AM
guys who look like Final Fantasy bosses.

That's pretty incredible.

RotationSlimWang
10-25-2012, 10:48 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/896747.jpg

Somewhat Damaged
10-25-2012, 11:14 AM
How fucking dumb do you have to be to give THAT guy a thousand dollars, Rick? Exactly what convinced you that the maker of those shitty movies was legit enough to give some money to, you dizzy cunt?

Yeah, it was a stupid move. I was 22, we'd just finished working on Children of the Arcana and I was trying to get financing for this awful project I've since shelved. He had talked about the financing connections he supposedly had, something nobody else in our film school could lay claim to, and considering the office and camera equipment he had, along with the verifiable "Hollywood" connections that had worked on Children, I didn't think he was full of shit. He said they could do a prospectus for me for $1k and I believed him. The first half of the prospectus was in fact for my project, but the second half (which I didn't read right away, not until he had already left town) made references to a story that was in no way related to what I'd written.

Also at that time, everybody believed his story about having his first film screened at Cannes. Hell, it even made it into the local newspaper. Come to find out after all this business went down, Cannes doesn't even accept short films. He rented a room at a hotel in Cannes at the time of the festival & screened it for prospective financiers. The way he sold it, his first film had been accepted into the actual Cannes Film Festival. It was a decent enough project, especially for a first film, and with the legitimacy provided by the newspaper article, he seemed like a good person to work with. We also got along fairly well when working on the film. His duplicity didn't really become apparent until long afterward.

There was material to work with. With MattTheMovies (or however it was spelled), you found the kid's writings from elsewhere on the internet and lampooned them. Nothing of what you used to run that guy off the board was from what he wrote ON the board. Same thing with trakball -- you found his Erotic Review account. Pearry's written some hilariously self-aggrandizing things on the internet that don't require much searching -- he's had "One of the youngest Asian American directors in Hollywood" on his IMDb trivia page for at least 6 years. (Think I first noticed it when I met the producer for Somewhat Damaged in 2006 and she mentioned she used to live with him. She's who I got a lot of my info on him from. As she tells it, she's also the one he cheated on with Bai Ling.) And you did actually find some non-board material of Pearry's, like that blog you used to make fun of his absenteeism as a father. You just never delved deeper into that.

Frankly, what I think is pissing you off the most about this is that I was more successful at trolling you than you were at trolling me that one time you tried goading me into an argument about Do the Right Thing as TrashcanAlligator.

algunz
10-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Here comes the circle jerk again.

miscorrections
10-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Circle jerks presumably give at least SOME of the participants pleasure.

HotHamWater
10-25-2012, 12:19 PM
I think creating and using the alias was a fine idea. The slip up may have been trying to force a meme out of it, instead of just seeing where it would go and rolling with that. It may or may not have ultimately been funny, but this board isn't conducive to letting things play out anymore. Either someone takes something too literally, someone feels the need to point out that the thread is in the wrong forum and the like, or people like Mugwog and suprefan litter the thread with dumbass comments that you can't really do anything with. I guess I could lead by example, but I was met with resistance when I actually tried. This is now just a plain music message board in which people post lists and talk about shows. Which is fine, I just need to embrace change.

miscorrections
10-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the analysis. The rest of us wouldn't have known how to feel if you hadn't stepped in to show us.

Drewski27
10-25-2012, 12:27 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/896747.jpg

Hey, Ricks at Longboards! They make a killer Mean Thai. 3 or 4 types of rum including 151. I've blacked out before right where hes sitting.

bmack86
10-25-2012, 12:28 PM
Yeah, except most people don't even talk about shows or music. We should do more of that.

HotHamWater
10-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks for the analysis. The rest of us wouldn't have known how to feel if you hadn't stepped in to show us.

One reassuring thing is that I know your bitter "everybody sucks" act will never change.

miscorrections
10-25-2012, 12:33 PM
Did you murder Miss Cleo and take over her powers of prediction?

guedita
10-25-2012, 12:35 PM
The board's collective "this board used to be better" self-analysis never gets old.

guedita
10-25-2012, 12:36 PM
NOT THAT I DON'T AGREE COMPLETELY

TomAz
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
The board's collective "this board used to be better" self-analysis never gets old.

I remember when there was real quality meta-meta-analysis on this board, but it's all gone to shit.

HowToDisappear
10-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Ahhh, Miss Cleo...

When my daughter atom heart was 9 or 10, she decided she wanted to be Miss Cleo for Halloween. (No, she did not wear blackface.) Instead of saying trick or treat when they opened the door, she'd offer, in a Jamaican accent, a personalized psychic reading for $14.95. It was a big hit. Everyone laughed.

/random irrelevant story

tyles
10-25-2012, 12:55 PM
9 pages, huh?

xanman86
10-25-2012, 12:59 PM
9 pages, huh?

They won't let it die

greghead
10-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Ahhh, Miss Cleo...

When my daughter atom heart was 9 or 10, she decided she wanted to be Miss Cleo for Halloween. (No, she did not wear blackface.) Instead of saying trick or treat when they opened the door, she'd offer, in a Jamaican accent, a personalized psychic reading for $14.95. It was a big hit. Everyone laughed.

/random irrelevant story

Your daughter's name is Atom Heart?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-25-2012, 01:04 PM
That's exactly what i was about to direct attention toward.

HowToDisappear
10-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Yes, I am atom heart's mother. That's her board username. Which I do quite like. But I'd have to have been married to Frank Zappa, or be some sort of hippie nimrod, to really christen my child with a name like that.

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
10-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Whew, we were worried for a second.

HowToDisappear
10-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Glad to allay your fears.

algunz
10-25-2012, 01:21 PM
What is Atom Heart doing? I haven't seen her post in a long time.