PDA

View Full Version : RATM

VOLVOX17
10-04-2012, 11:35 AM
http://www.nme.com/news/rage-against-the-machine--2/66461

ANYONE POST ABOUT THIS YET?

nationocean
10-04-2012, 11:46 AM
that's all we need at coachella 2013, 2 weekends worth of rage fans...

TomServo
10-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Sounds good. I personally like the idea of seeing them on the Polo Fields (I didn't last time), since they never put on an underwhelming show. They're a headliner that performs (and is received) like a headliner, not like a band with a hit or two who might disappear completely.

heart cooks brain
10-04-2012, 12:21 PM
RATM
RCHP
Tool

threepeatchella

faxman75
10-04-2012, 12:49 PM
I honestly don't know how you still find them exciting to see. They have been playing the same songs for more than a decade now without a shred of new material. Ironic that at a time when global uprisings are taking place and in the midst of an election season that follows 4 years of Obama not just following the patriot act but expanding on it and cementing it as well as record deportations and the largest prison population in the world.....yet they kind of remain silent save for Morello who has been out and about publicly supporting some movement.

What i'm saying is there is no lack of ammunition for their specific creative niche yet they seem to have given up on creating more music.

VOLVOX17
10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
ummmmm. did you read the article?

faxman75
10-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Yes. I watched the video where the gossip reporter says "are you working on a new album" and the toothless bass player says and I quote. "maybe....maybe" before spending the next 30 seconds babbling about nonsense. I guess my comment is pretty stupid then huh? Or was that supposed to be an exciting and revealing interview?

VOLVOX17
10-04-2012, 02:20 PM
yet they seem to have given up on creating more music.

faxman75
10-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, for more than a decade now. Do you have a hole in your head?

VOLVOX17
10-04-2012, 03:51 PM
ok.
i send an article out talking about the possibility of them making new music.
you say they haven't been making new music.
i understand that you like to project yourself as heady with your JC polysci assertions, but come on.
read the fucking text before you attempt to flame anyone.

faxman75
10-04-2012, 04:51 PM
You fucking ass. I read the text, I watched the video. I stated my opinion based on those things. I didn't "flame" anyone in my comment. You started arguing with me about reading this retarded story. I mean non-story. You created a thread for a band that has 9 million threads because some douchebag TMZ reporter found the toothless bass player and got him to say maybe.

Yes I made some challenging statements as to where the fuck they are at a time that seems opportune for their art. I know they were wild and crazy assertions and you are certainly welcome to mock them but to say I came in here flaming people is silly. Not every disagreement is a flame. Be honest, did you really see my rhetorical remark about how anyone can be excited to see them at this point to be inflammatory?

shermanoaksyo
10-04-2012, 04:55 PM
I was ready to be opposed to the Rage 2013 meme but Faxman's meltdown has pushed me into the "Strong Support" column

Mike Litoris
10-04-2012, 05:18 PM
metal band

Stopped reading after I saw that

theStank
10-07-2012, 01:21 PM
RATM
RCHP
Tool

threepeatchella

Minus the RHCP and yer rollin'!

nathanfairchild
10-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Minus all 3 and yeah.

theStank
10-11-2012, 06:17 AM
Minus all 3 and yeah.

why you gotta be all like that? ratm are pretty sweet, and tool........ well they are classic prog/psychadelic. Tool fit nice and mellow the harsh, if you listen to the lyrics its a thing of beauty and journey. I can see why some might be a little razzled by ratm's angst and harshing the mellow. If I had to pick one one of these two it would be tool. neither are coming anyways. QUOTSA and Daft Punk for me....... along with bassnectar and pretty lights

heart cooks brain
10-11-2012, 06:27 AM
why you gotta be all like that? ratm are pretty sweet, and tool........ well they are classic prog/psychadelic. Tool fit nice and mellow the harsh, if you listen to the lyrics its a thing of beauty and journey. I can see why some might be a little razzled by ratm's angst and harshing the mellow. If I had to pick one one of these two it would be tool. neither are coming anyways. QUOTSA and Daft Punk for me....... along with bassnectar and pretty lights

don't post anymore.

theStank
10-11-2012, 11:05 AM
don't post anymore.

or what

Neighborhood Creep
10-11-2012, 11:10 AM
@ Stank, Prettly Lights and Bassnectar play every fucking music festival and are most likely in your city at least once a year.

I'd take Rage over a weak headliner but they're def not on the top of my want list

theStank
10-11-2012, 11:21 AM
@ Stank, Prettly Lights and Bassnectar play every fucking music festival and are most likely in your city at least once a year.

I'd take Rage over a weak headliner but they're def not on the top of my want list

Your rite........ but i'd choose them all over the black keys and no doubt

heart cooks brain
10-11-2012, 11:23 AM
or what

you'll continue to look like an idiot.

theStank
10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
you'll continue to look like an idiot.

Oh..... thought you was gonna bust a cap in my ass, anyways, not looking for any trouble. Just came for a beer, i'll just back away real slow like, no problems handsome

heart cooks brain
10-11-2012, 11:26 AM
all your talk of harshing mellows and mellowing harshes is nauseating.

theStank
10-11-2012, 11:27 AM
all your talk of harshing mellows and mellowing harshes is nauseating.

hey now........ I got some gravol for that, sorry

nathanfairchild
10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
be quiet.

zfireswitch
02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
might be coming back: "When asked whether it’ll be Rage Against The Machine’s Brad Wilk (who recorded drums on the album) or Tommy Clufetos joining them onstage this year, Butler said 'We’re not sure yet. We don’t know beause I think Brad’s got commitments with Rage Against The Machine. So it’ll probably be either Tommy or Brad, depending on their commitments.'”

http://www.metalinsider.net/updates/...mmer-situation