PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Recordings - Wishing Well 2013

menikmati
09-30-2012, 09:49 AM
COACHELLA WISHING WELL 2013 (http://www.coachellarecordings.com/wishingwell)

Well for those interested, my annual "Wishing Well" page is now updated and live for next years upcoming Coachella festivals. Just click the link above to visit it. If you don't know what this is, it's basically a "web app" (or whatever you wanna call it) that allows you to vote/wish for bands to play Coachella next year, by entering them into the form field and hitting submit. The system will then take your vote and apply it to that band, and then that said band will magically show up on the poster on that's on the front page. The more votes a particular band has, the higher up on the poster they will be (headliner, sub-headliner, etc).

NEW to this year is the fact that I came up with an algorithm to divide the poster into three days (like an actual Coachella poster) and each band's spot (and what day they'll be on) depends on how many votes they have. You want to see your favorite band higher on the poster, you'll have to vote for them more (though you can't vote for one back back to back, you'll have to wait your turn). Anyway, I've been doing this the last 4 years just as a way to let Coachella fans see what a poster/lineup would look like if it was dependent on the fans wishes of what bands they wanna see the most. So play around with it or not, but hope you enjoy it :)

P.S. - I made a phone/tablet version this year, so if you visit the url on your iphone/android/ipad/whatever, you'll automatically be redirected to the appropriate version of the site.

paulb
09-30-2012, 06:28 PM
very neat. just added my bit to it.

menikmati
09-30-2012, 07:29 PM
Remember, you can always come back and add more to it whenever you want, and keep upvoting your favorite bands, etc.

gaypalmsprings
09-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Can we post in both threads?

nine day brawl
10-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Pink Floyd...get real. Rude. And that's quite a lovely avatar, Menik :D

TomAz
10-01-2012, 11:09 AM
keep upvoting your favorite bands, etc.

Sorry, this IP address (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) was the last to vote for this band/artist. Please wait your turn.

Liar.

menikmati
10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Spam protection Tom...

gaypalmsprings
12-04-2012, 06:15 AM
Spam protection Tom...

I see this thread is spam-proof.

Drewski27
12-04-2012, 06:35 AM
Here comes honey boo-boo? really? I voted for her/them/whatever anyways...

SepaGroove
12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Well that was fun. Thanks for taking the time to do this man.

I'm learning Web Development right now so maybe we can collab on something cool in the future.

menikmati
12-04-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm always open to new ideas for the site.

nbvcide
12-06-2012, 04:18 PM
:thu