PDA

View Full Version : SAHARA REVIVAL WISHLIST 2013!!!

cyborgzombie
09-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Hoping we can get some real electronic artists for next years coachella, this year was pretty much a joke besides a few exceptions(modeselektor killed!!!), so please add what you feel would save the sahara next year....

I'm praying for:

Underworld.
Fatboy Slim.
Moby.
Goose.
Shinichi Osawa.
Digitalism Live.
Soulwax.
Simian Mobile Disco Live.
Japanese Popstars.
ZZT.
Carl Cox.

Farfetched, but still gotta dream...

Kraftwerk.
Aphex Twin.
Boards of Canada.
Juno Reactor.
The Prodigy.

guedita
09-03-2012, 12:05 AM
Modeselektor wasn't even in the Sahara tent.

But you're into breaking the rules

So

cyborgzombie
09-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Fuuuuuuuck you're right, I was pretty wasted day 3. Well then Let's just agree that Sahara this year was a major letdown, rest of the fest was blast though...

avhua
09-03-2012, 12:50 AM
I could definitely go for all of those along with...

The Chemical Brothers (Live or DJ Set)
Groove Armada
Basement Jaxx
Richie Hawtin
Dave Clarke

SONR801
09-03-2012, 08:31 AM
Aphex Twin
Pantha Du Prince
Chem Bros
Andy C [Alive]
Royksopp
Hideo Kobayashi
London Elektricity [Live Reunion]
Eric Prydz
Digweed
Gus Gus

gaypalmsprings
09-03-2012, 08:40 AM
moar sand

http://mycoolpix.com/files/funzug/imgs/adventure/sand_marathon_sahara_08.jpg

Grambo35
09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Bring MartyParty or PantyRaid!

I'm down for diplo as well

GuyInTucson
09-04-2012, 11:57 AM
Thankfully someone else brought up Juno Reactor. Long overdue.

CrimesceneCookie
09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Tiger & Woods fits here right?

Tiger & Woods.

oyeloca
09-04-2012, 12:27 PM
S O U L W A X

bemerritt
09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
S O U L W A X

Not sure if the Sahara would be the best place for them, but i fully support it regardless.

nyarlathotoats
09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Storm Queen
Azari & III
Four Tet
Eats Everything

and everything else that's been mentioned previously.

SepaGroove
09-04-2012, 01:47 PM
Now that GV knows that they can easily sell out both weekends, I think they'll give us a much broader EDM lineup this year. I could be totally wrong and they could give us Avicii, Afrojack, and Brostep again, but I hope I'm not.

GuyInTucson
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Booking acts like Avicii and a bunch of dubstep DJ's won't be a big problem to most attendees if they just mix in a portion of the acts being discussed in here.

GuyInTucson
09-04-2012, 02:04 PM
DERRICK CARTER

SepaGroove
09-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Booking acts like Avicii and a bunch of dubstep DJ's won't be a big problem to most attendees if they just mix in a portion of the acts being discussed in here.

True and I'll be one of those attendees that doesn't have much of a problem with it. Most of the EDM that we'll be interested in will probably be in the Mojave though.

davrone
09-04-2012, 02:42 PM
Nicholas Jaar got kind of housey at FYF. I'd like to see him there. Tanlines would be fun too.

kronz420
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
DERRICK CARTER

This!

theresalwaysone
09-04-2012, 06:59 PM
You're all wasting your time with these dumb wishlists. Not a single act mentioned will be booked.

Mike Litoris
09-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Now that GV knows that they can easily sell out both weekends, I think they'll give us a much broader EDM lineup this year. I could be totally wrong and they could give us Avicii, Afrojack, and Brostep again, but I hope I'm not.

Brostep is over, it's all about dat Trap music brah

SepaGroove
09-04-2012, 09:14 PM
You're all wasting your time with these dumb wishlists. Not a single act mentioned will be booked.

Actually, I could see a lot of the acts that we're mentioned being booked.

theresalwaysone
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Actually, I could see a lot of the acts that we're mentioned being booked.

Because........?

Phunkevil
09-04-2012, 09:55 PM

Why? Because you didn't like the overall 2012 EDM line-up? Thought so.

CrimesceneCookie
09-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Because........?

because gv knows they don't have to shell out $$$ for the muppet brigade djs in order to sell out two weekends.
I remain hopeful that the geezers will be thrown a bone or two in 2013.

DFrank
09-04-2012, 10:54 PM
It doesnt really matter what they book. It'll sell out.

grannock
09-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Steve aoki, dillon francis, axwell, bassnectar, mimosa, big gigantic, perty lights.

Skrillex and fiver on the main stage fri and sat.

Best edm lineup in te history of music festivals, so glad i have a ticket.

Phunkevil
09-05-2012, 09:33 AM
1 out of 13 or so Coachella line-ups had a down year for EDM. This obviously means Coachella will never have good EDM acts ever again. It's so simple.

because gv knows they don't have to shell out $$$ for the muppet brigade djs in order to sell out two weekends.
I remain hopeful that the geezers will be thrown a bone or two in 2013.

I don't know. The EDM line-up was so bad in 2012. There's no way it could be good in 2013 or beyond.

Iamwelting
09-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Booka Shade
The Twleves

Bons222000
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I'm completely open to being told I'm wrong, but which bigger name electronic acts that were actively touring the US in 2012 do you think Coachella missed out on so badly? I tend to think the 2012 bookings were more a product of what was available than a conscious decision to go cheesy. I know there are a million smaller acts nobody has heard of that could have been added but my question is more about names that would have been 2nd-3rd liners.

We did get a few good DJ acts that no other festivals around were getting last year. Modeselektor, Shadow, Flylo, Amon Tobin, SBTRKT, etc all had solid sets and aren't part of the cheese everyone hates.

Bons222000
09-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Also, I haven't seen anybody mention this, but does anyone else think deadmau5 could play before a headliner on the main stage? I could definitely see deadmau5 or Skrillex filling the Justice time-slot from this year or maybe subheadlining.

bemerritt
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Just out of curiosity, and I'm completely open to being told I'm wrong, but which bigger name electronic acts that were actively touring the US in 2012 do you think Coachella missed out on so badly? I tend to think the 2012 bookings were more a product of what was available than a conscious decision to go cheesy. I know there are a million smaller acts nobody has heard of that could have been added but my question is more about names that would have been 2nd-3rd liners.

We did get a few good DJ acts that no other festivals around were getting last year. Modeselektor, Shadow, Flylo, Amon Tobin, SBTRKT, etc all had solid sets and aren't part of the cheese everyone hates.

I mostly agree with you. A couple more names in the right direction would have been good though. Although they didn't tour, ultra pulled kraftwerk. So obviously that would have been nice. Add in a 2manydj's set and a couple other decent acts and a lot of the bitching would have died down.

I could care less if their is cheese there, because it's easy to avoid. It's if it takes away quality electronic bookings that it becomes a problem.

SepaGroove
09-05-2012, 06:25 PM
Because........?

Because, like I mentioned previously, I think that GV will go back to booking better acts like they did in the past because now they know that both weekends will sell out regardless. There will still be a healthy dose of shit in the Sahara, but I think we'll get some more original/more talented/more diverse EDM acts on the lineup next year.

theresalwaysone
09-05-2012, 08:25 PM

Not a single one of those acts played the sahara tent.

theresalwaysone
09-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Because, like I mentioned previously, I think that GV will go back to booking better acts like they did in the past because now they know that both weekends will sell out regardless. There will still be a healthy dose of shit in the Sahara, but I think we'll get some more original/more talented/more diverse EDM acts on the lineup next year.

Well I guess we will wait and see. I feel that logic is flawed however. They have a winning formula that sells out the festival. They can count on a sellout because people have certain expectations. If GV deviates from those expectations, they jeopardize their business model. Why would they continue to do anything different?

Sensuality
09-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I feel like Eats Everything would be a pretty solid choice for a mid-afternoon set in the Sahara.

WhatLies
09-11-2012, 10:33 PM
Realistic Improvement Wishlist

Day sets:
Stanton Warriors
Gesaffelstein vs Brodinski
Danger
Mimosa
The M Machine
james zabiela
gui boratto
fake blood
totally enormous extinct dinosaurs
Gabriel & Dresden

Night Sets:
Sasha & Digweed (hghly unlikely but top priority for me)
MSTRKRFT
Eric Prydz
Carl Cox
Above & Beyond
Basement Jaxx
Chase & Status
Diplo

grannock
09-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Sahara is fucked, any name that would fill that giant tent is either 20 years old or is pop edm and sucks ass.

Mugwog
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Really tho: Coachella is and has been fucked for the last few years and will continue to on its decline.

IT WAS ALL BETTER IN THE MID 2000s

GuyInTucson
09-13-2012, 09:10 AM
Well I guess we will wait and see. I feel that logic is flawed however. They have a winning formula that sells out the festival. They can count on a sellout because people have certain expectations. If GV deviates from those expectations, they jeopardize their business model. Why would they continue to do anything different?

For me, 2012 is the only year of disappointing electronic music and the festival sold out two years prior to 2012. Granted, the Sahara itself has been basking in mediocrity for quite some time, but as recently as 2012 we got The Twelves, Sven Vath, Sasha, Shpongle and some decent acts like Boys Noize, Green Velvet (granted I hear the show itself was shit, but you get my point) and Riva Starr. That's just the Sahara. Outside of that there was Trentemoller, Leftfield, The Presets, Ratatat, etc.

In no way do I expect GV to avoid booking EDM artists that draw the masses, but given how this festival is likely to sell out both weekends regardless of what is in the Sahara, maybe they'll throw us a few bones. I don't expect a Sahara lineup that reflects a lineup DEMF would release, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a few appealing acts in the Sahara next year.

guedita
09-13-2012, 09:29 AM
Do you fucks ever get tired of having this god damned same conversation over and over again in every thread?

Mr. Dylanja
09-13-2012, 10:04 AM
That's GuyInTucson's "thing," guedita.

GuyInTucson
09-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Do you fucks ever get tired of having this god damned same conversation over and over again in every thread?

No.

That's GuyInTucson's "thing," guedita.

This^

bganch
09-14-2012, 12:37 AM

Do you ever get tired of being a complete bitch over and over again in every thread? The answer is obviously NO on both accounts so just stfu.

Iamwelting
09-14-2012, 05:15 AM
So how many times is this going to get dropped in the Sahara this year? I'm thinking at least once a day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Mugwog
09-14-2012, 05:55 AM
I would love the Sahara to be filled with a ton of superstar Koreans raving their dick off.

Edmontonian
09-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Soulwax
The Presets
Gui Boratto
Jamie Jones
Justin Martin
Christian Martin
Fred Falke
Hot Chip
Fatboy Slim
Simian Mobile Disco
Eric Prydz
The Chemical Brothers
Digitalism
Todd Terje
Kris Menace
The Prodigy
Fake Blood
Little Boots
Gesaffelstein
Ascii.Disko
Worthy
Russ Chimes
Ghostland Observatory
Brodinski
Yuksek
Azari & III
Claude von Stroke
Foamo
2manydj's
The Knife

and that's just an abbreviated list lolol

But really I actually appreciate the fact that they are now using the Sahara tent as a giant douchebag-filter. Book all these acts but put them on other stages like Mojave and Do Lab like you have been doing. The bros will be showing up in droves regardless, lets keep em confined and away from the good music so I don't have to see em.

travelfan
09-14-2012, 08:30 AM
So how many times is this going to get dropped in the Sahara this year? I'm thinking at least once a day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

If there has ever been a contender for another Die Antwoord style 15 minutes of "what teh fukz?" in the Sahara, this is it.

But I have full faith Sahara 2013 will be on at least a 2010/2011 level...some cheese, some perfect. When has Coachella ever not successfully addressed a problem you guys have complained about in multiple threads? Just be prepared to take a bathroom break during Hardwell. Or, you know, see an act with guitars or something.

SepaGroove
09-14-2012, 01:10 PM
Gangnam Style will be the new Barbara Streisand.

Trick Loves The Kids
09-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Yo straight up the Sahara tent will never be what you want it to be:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2012/08/02/the-worlds-highest-paid-djs/2/

Perhaps more importantly, EDM has found a home in the festival circuit. Concert promoters like AEG, the parent company of Coachella producer Goldenvoice, discovered that they could tap into the burgeoning electronic scene by adding top DJs to their lineups—and what started out as a sideshow soon became the main attraction.

“The Coachella music festival served as microcosm in the evolution of electronic dance music from a niche into a mainstream format,” says AEG chief Randy Phillips. “EDM translates more successfully as a consumer experience in the open field festival environment or in a general admission [or] flat floor venue than it does in large arenas with fixed seats. Efforts to tour EDM stars in arenas across North America have proven to yield uneven results outside of a handful of major markets.”

TRANSLATION: GUETTA = $$$$$$$

This shit is a cash cow, I can't count the number of teenage #EDM fans I overheard just at fast food places/gas stations on the route to Coachella this year, they were ALL STOKED FOR AVICII. Not only were they stoked for Avicii but they don't give a single fuck about Orbital or Jamie Jones. I'm sure there will be a few solid names but nah, GV (and GV's bosses) knows and explicitly state that booking big flashy DJs has been lucrative and the chances of them giving that up in the middle of the #EDM SENSATION are zero.

nick5745
09-15-2012, 12:33 AM
This shit is a cash cow, I can't count the number of teenage #EDM fans I overheard just at fast food places/gas stations on the route to Coachella this year, they were ALL STOKED FOR AVICII. Not only were they stoked for Avicii but they don't give a single fuck about Orbital or Jamie Jones..

Not that anyone should be stoked for Avicii, but why and how could they be stoked for Orbital or Jamie Jones when neither of them were on the lineup last year? lol

SepaGroove
09-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Not that anyone should be stoked for Avicii, but why and how could they be stoked for Orbital or Jamie Jones when neither of them were on the lineup last year? lol

He's saying that people don't care about artists like Orbital or Jamie Jones being on future lineups.

nick5745
09-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you ever get tired of being a complete bitch over and over again in every thread? The answer is obviously NO on both accounts so just stfu.

BOOOOM

bender
09-17-2012, 11:31 AM
I actually don't wish for the Sahara to be revived. It acts as a nice filter to keep the bros out of the other stages. I've already given up hope for the Sahara to be revived, and so should you. Since so many people already bought presale tickets (without seeing the line up), it's guaranteed that Coachella will also be a brofest in 2013. We might see a few quality electronic acts in the Sahara (Groove Armada, Booka Shade, Richie Hawtin, Disclosure, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Skream & Benga, Tiga, Crookers, Fake Blood, Geaffelstein, Brodinski, etc.), but I wouldn't count on too much.

The correct solution (and thing to hope for) is for Goldenvoice to add another smaller stage strictly for underground dance music. The sad truth is that they actually tried to do this two years ago with the bass dome but then they removed it for some reason. We can only hope that they bring it back (or something like it). I'm still super pissed about the bass dome removal this year, although the Do Lab had a few really quality DJ's weekend one (Worthy, Christian Martin, Machinedrum, Salva, etc.).

I would really love to see them bring in some of the greats of underground bass music like: Eats Everything, L-Vis 1990, Tensnake, Soul Clap, Todd Terje, Maceo Plex, Jamie Jones, Seth Troxler, Damian Lazarus, Julio Bashmore, Rustie, Hudson Mohawke, Lunice, Jackmaster, Justin Martin, Claude Vonstroke, Breach, Ben UFO, Style of Eye, A1 Bassline, Blawan, French Fries, Jaymo & Andy George, George Fitzgerald, Kingdom, Danny Daze, Lee Foss, Fur Coat, Oliver, Nicolas Jaar, Four Tet, Scuba, Mala, Addison Groove, Dark Sky, Huxley, John Talabot, Dusky, Lone, Actress, Benoit & Sergio, Guy Gerber, Subb-an, Nina Kraviz, Maya Jane Coles, Zombie Disco Squad and even some of the awesome people they had at the Bass Dome in 2011 (Kode9, Pearson Sound, Joy Orbison, Kyle Hall, Mount Kimbie, etc.).

I know that's a long list but just a few of those names would be wicked. The really good news that we should all be excited about is that Snowbombing (festival in Austria) was moved back a week this year so it doesn't conflict with Coachella anymore. Last year it conflicted with weekend 1 of Coachella, so Goldenvoice couldn't book any of the great names they had there. Take a look at their 2012 line up. It's incredible:
http://www.snowbombing.com/en/music/

semery526
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
These guys. Some much-needed Bromance for the Sahara. Been waiting for this song to drop for months..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXl_kivn-qE

shiezza
09-17-2012, 01:02 PM
I know that's a long list but just a few of those names would be wicked. The really good news that we should all be excited about is that Snowbombing (festival in Austria) was moved back a week this year so it doesn't conflict with Coachella anymore. Last year it conflicted with weekend 1 of Coachella, so Goldenvoice couldn't book any of the great names they had there. Take a look at their 2012 line up. It's incredible:
http://www.snowbombing.com/en/music/

They did bring dj shadow and sub focus, but it makes sense a lot of the less well paid artists wouldn't want to fly that far for 2 shows

Mugwog
09-17-2012, 01:34 PM
These guys. Some much-needed Bromance for the Sahara. Been waiting for this song to drop for months..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXl_kivn-qE

Karnifexlol
09-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Also, I haven't seen anybody mention this, but does anyone else think deadmau5 could play before a headliner on the main stage? I could definitely see deadmau5 or Skrillex filling the Justice time-slot from this year or maybe subheadlining.

Absolutely. His new album is about to come out. It actually already leaked and it's fucking great. Soooo tech.

nick5745
09-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Absolutely. His new album is about to come out. It actually already leaked and it's fucking great. Soooo tech.

speaking of deadmau5, this set was really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6eCCaPdEwE

thefrush
09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Yeah that set was sweet other than the MCs during Some Chords.

nick5745
09-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Yeah that set was sweet other than the MCs during Some Chords.

Agreed, it gets especially great 3/4 of the way through

TimC11
09-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Derrick Carter said on his twitter that he doubts he'll be there

SepaGroove
09-21-2012, 03:24 PM
he said on his twitter that he doubts he'll be there.

Is that right Tim? When was this?

TimC11
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM

vibesandstuff
11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Well my wish list is

Sasha Scuba
James zabiela Four Tet
2 Bears Dusty kid
Julio Bashmore Richie Hawtin
Joker Joy Orbison
Jack beats James Murphy
Beardyman Totally enormous extinct dinosaurs
The Twelves Netsky
Apparat High contrast
Moderat Baraka Som Systema
Eats Everything Simeon mobile disco
Maya Jayne Coles Booka shade
Claude vonstroke Azari & III
L-vis 1990

Deegleberry
11-15-2012, 08:14 AM
Well my wish list is

Sasha Scuba
James zabiela Four Tet
2 Bears Dusty kid
Joker Joy Orbison
Jack beats James Murphy
The Twelves Netsky
Apparat High contrast
L-vis 1990

I wish I had two more hands so I could give this wishlist 4 thumbs up.:thu:thu:thu:thu

Zero23
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Well my wish list is

Sasha Scuba
James zabiela Four Tet
2 Bears Dusty kid
Joker Joy Orbison
Jack beats James Murphy
The Twelves Netsky
Apparat High contrast
L-vis 1990

Great wish list, a few more: Dusky, Surkin, Seth Troxler, Justin Martin, Zinc, Breakage, Dismantle

GuyInTucson
11-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Because I am bored...

Underworld
Juno Reactor
Carl Craig
Justin Martin
Azari & III
Four Tet
Jennifer Cardini
Steve Lawler
DJ Sneak
Ian Pooley
John Acquaviva
Derrick May
Adam Beyer
The KLF (reunion)

SepaGroove
11-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Underworld
Eric Prydz
Richie Hawtin
Sasha and John Digweed (or either by themselves)
Digitalism
Booka Shade
Groove Armada (Live)
Dusky
Azari & III
The Glitch Mob

Deegleberry
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Lots of good stuff in here. Very bored at work and trying to think of some other names that I haven't seen

Jupiter Jazz (Maceo Plex + Danny Daze)
Ricardo Villalobos
Reboot
Marco Carola
Moderat
Booka Shade
Blond:ish
Subb-an
Paco Osuna
Jooris Voorn

Bobbytripp13
11-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Paul Kalkbrenner's confirmation is a really great step in the right direction for electronic this year! I don't know how many of you listen to him but he's personally one of my favorite dj's. With the boom of electronic music in this country and the fact that SHM basically headlined friday last year i think it's safe to say we'll have another electronic headliner/sub-headliner. My guess is either Deadmau5 or Skrillex. REALLY HOPING FOR DEADMAU5!!! Always hoping for Daft but that should go without saying. Here's my wishlist for the electronic at coachella this year, doesn't matter what tent it's in i just wanna see it...

APHEX TWIN (top ten bucket list right here for any genre)
Bassnectar
Big Gigantic
Bonobo
Deadmau5
Eskmo
Four Tet
Glitch Mob
John Talabot
Jon Hopkins
Magnetic Man
Opiuo
RL Grime
Rustie
Shlohmo
Shpongle
Star Slinger
Tipper
Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
Tycho

themonstermash
11-15-2012, 11:05 PM
Paul Kalkbrenner's confirmation is a really great step in the right direction for electronic this year! I don't know how many of you listen to him but he's personally one of my favorite dj's. With the boom of electronic music in this country and the fact that SHM basically headlined friday last year i think it's safe to say we'll have another electronic headliner/sub-headliner. My guess is either Deadmau5 or Skrillex. REALLY HOPING FOR DEADMAU5!!! Always hoping for Daft but that should go without saying. Here's my wishlist for the electronic at coachella this year, doesn't matter what tent it's in i just wanna see it...

Bassnectar
Big Gigantic
Bonobo
Deadmau5
Eskmo
Four Tet
Glitch Mob
John Talabot
Jon Hopkins
Magnetic Man
Opiuo
RL Grime
Rustie
Shlohmo
Shpongle
Star Slinger
Tipper
Tycho

Mad list, praying for the bulk of this!

JonnyB
11-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Andy C B2b DJ Hype

Ray del Mundo
11-16-2012, 08:42 AM

Bassnectar
Big Gigantic
Bonobo
Deadmau5
Eskmo
Four Tet
Glitch Mob
John Talabot
Jon Hopkins
Magnetic Man
Opiuo
RL Grime
Rustie
Shlohmo
Shpongle
Star Slinger
Tipper
Tycho

Paul Kalkbrenner is a huge step in the right direction; though, I wonder if he'll actually play in the Sahara. A Shpongle live set would be epic, but is not gonna happen (Simon has said that there's no plans on another live set anytime in the near term). I'd take another DJ set. Magnetic Man was . . . not good at all in 2011, sadly. Aphex Twin would be f'ing amazing, but I cannot imagine him playing in the Sahara at this point. An Aphex Twin set would probably scare the shit out of the kids who are hanging out in the Sahara to catch mainstream house or dubstep act.

It may be that less mainstream electronic acts will now mainly be playing in the Mojave at night, which would be fine with me. Cheese house and bro-step in the Sahara all day, with solid electronic acts in the Mojave or spread around elsewhere.

With that said, I'd like to see Pretty Lights, Boys Noize, and Richie Hawtin on the lineup, and I think all three are pretty likely. Whether they'd be in the Sahara or elsewhere, I'd bet on elsewhere. I'd kill for The Prodigy or The Knife (or Aphex Twin), but I doubt they'll play. Since we'll never get Burial, I'd love to get Holy Other or Balam Acab; something like that, after dark, in the Gobi tent would be awesome. I have no idea if Amon Tobin will tour in support of the Two Fingers album, but the stuff from that that he worked in to ISAM 2.0 was fantastic, so I'd love to see a whole Two Fingers set. And, while I don't love his latest release, I'd still love to see Apparat on the lineup (Moderat would be even better, but highly unlikely).

paulb
11-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Coachella are going to need to adopt a new stage, sort of how Pukkelpop does it, Live band electronic in 1 tent, DJ set electronic in another tent.... but Coachella should have.... Respectable electronic in 1 tent, and Brostep Sahara as another....

TomAz
11-16-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.cancer.gov/PublishedContent/Images/images/documents/4167b7ca-7e27-4eec-9855-640637dde5dc/cancer9.jpg

Ross1492
11-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Coachella are going to need to adopt a new stage, sort of how Pukkelpop does it, Live band electronic in 1 tent, DJ set electronic in another tent.... but Coachella should have.... Respectable electronic in 1 tent, and Brostep Sahara as another....

Or shrink the sahara considerably and eliminate the clown bookings ... saves oodles of money. No need to have dance music sprinkled throughout the fest at all times of the day.

Zero23
11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
Or shrink the sahara considerably and eliminate the clown bookings ... saves oodles of money. No need to have dance music sprinkled throughout the fest at all times of the day.

Except a good chunk of Coachella-goers are drawn by the clown bookings...

Ross1492
11-16-2012, 10:58 AM
which begs the question ... would Coachella sell out if the lineup featured zero clown DJ's?

I think the answer is yes b/c the festival seems to now attract a great deal of people eager for "the experience" rather than the music

as it stands, I think GV is wasting a spectacular amount of money on these sorts of acts. Hurts their bottom line, hurts the brand in the long run, and strikes me as completely and utterly unnecessary.

Mugwog
11-16-2012, 11:03 AM
Coachella attracts clowns who don't like EDM. So it doesn't even matter who is on/not on the lineup anymore. People go to Coachella for the mere fact its Coachella and end up seeing 2 bands over the weekend and 2 afternoons blacked out in the beer gardens

Ross1492
11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
right ... so why not book quality acts as opposed to guff acts? added bonus: when it comes to dance music, the latter are mostly cheaper than the former.

SoulDischarge
11-16-2012, 11:06 AM
We've whined so much, I'm curious to see if it will have had any effect.

Mugwog
11-16-2012, 11:08 AM
We need to create about 40 more threads that are a minimum of 25 pages before the lineup is announced so we can get Daft Punk

TimC11
11-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Because I am bored...

Underworld
Juno Reactor
Carl Craig
Justin Martin
Azari & III
Four Tet
Jennifer Cardini
Steve Lawler
DJ Sneak
Ian Pooley
John Acquaviva
Derrick May
Adam Beyer
The KLF (reunion)

winner winner chicken dinner.

Zero23
11-16-2012, 11:56 AM
Coachella attracts clowns who don't like EDM. So it doesn't even matter who is on/not on the lineup anymore. People go to Coachella for the mere fact its Coachella and end up seeing 2 bands over the weekend and 2 afternoons blacked out in the beer gardens

Ugh, this reminds me of my neighbor in college who went to Ultra 2 years ago. He was too drunk to get in one day, and blacked out the other two days. I was so mad when he came back from Miami and told me that.

Ray del Mundo
11-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Ugh, this reminds me of my neighbor in college who went to Ultra 2 years ago. He was too drunk to get in one day, and blacked out the other two days. I was so mad when he came back from Miami and told me that.

Is there really much of this going on at Coachella? Admittedly, I don't spend much time in the beer gardens and never even got a alcohol wrist band last year, but I can't say that I've noticed a ton of dudes or girls getting super-wasted. Sure, you always see a handful of people who are too messed up (on something) for their own good, but I can't say that I've really noticed a bunch of wasted dudes stumbling around. Or at least not enough to think it's a typical occurrence or a problem.

Mugwog
11-16-2012, 01:33 PM
In 2009, I woke up with a random in my huge tent, when we inquired how his night was, he said he blacked out in the beer gardens around 5pm.

So many people who get hotels/condos end up partying there the whole time and missing most of the day by leaving the condo at 4/5pm and getting into the venue at 7pm.

This last year, there was quite possibly more asshats than I had ever experienced at Coachella in my 9 years there. Way more bro rape packs roaming around this year.

GuyInTucson
11-16-2012, 01:35 PM
which begs the question ... would Coachella sell out if the lineup featured zero clown DJ's?

I think the answer is yes b/c the festival seems to now attract a great deal of people eager for "the experience" rather than the music

as it stands, I think GV is wasting a spectacular amount of money on these sorts of acts. Hurts their bottom line, hurts the brand in the long run, and strikes me as completely and utterly unnecessary.

Bingo.

GuyInTucson
11-16-2012, 01:44 PM
We've whined so much, I'm curious to see if it will have had any effect.

I am willing to bet the lineup is a bit more appealing in terms of dance music, but I think it will have little to do with the board's collective complaining and a lot to do with what Ross stated a few posts up.

Reeber
11-16-2012, 06:37 PM

i passed out outside the do lab during worthys set for like an hour, i ate to many weed cookies and didnt drink enough water it was fucked but im glad it only lasted an hour before i woke up and made my way to jaques lu cont, luckily even tho i was just layin there i could hear childish gambino so it was not all waste, all i remember were countless people trying to get me to dance with them, and hearing heartbeat by childish gambino.

My point is that your right, im sure a lot of idiots get really wasted in the day and miss so much shit, i barely even drank on the weekend, mostly just thursday night and just buzzed for the rest and it was perfect. Perfect. Nothing better then actually remembering all the great moments you create for yourself at a show.

SepaGroove
11-17-2012, 10:39 AM
It's funny because during those 3 days of Coachella I'm drunk the whole time, except in the a.m.

Not only that, I'm usually combining alcohol with other substances, and yet I always remember everything and am coherent the whole time.

Zero23
11-19-2012, 08:54 AM
In 2009, I woke up with a random in my huge tent, when we inquired how his night was, he said he blacked out in the beer gardens around 5pm.

So many people who get hotels/condos end up partying there the whole time and missing most of the day by leaving the condo at 4/5pm and getting into the venue at 7pm.

This last year, there was quite possibly more asshats than I had ever experienced at Coachella in my 9 years there. Way more bro rape packs roaming around this year.

Same, we had 2 tents set up (we were sharing 2 campsites. A random girl stumbled into our site around 3-4 in the morning disoriented as all hell, she climbed into one of our tents and my friend felt bad because she was freezing. Not drunk, but fucked out of her mind on something else.

Sure I've gone crazy at Coachella, but I've never been that out of my mind. I've seen some weird shit in the campgrounds over the past 3 years. Unfortunately, last year I went a bit too crazy and didn't get enough sleep because of it, so I had to miss most of Sunday night, I started having panic attacks and shit and had to go back to the campsite with my (now) girlfriend, bless her soul for missing out on Snoop and Dre to make sure I was alright :/

Luckily I went weekend 2 with my brother and experienced Soberchella, got to see everyone I missed weekend 1.

SepaGroove
11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Bummer. My buddy was having a bad time on Sunday too.

We all went weekend 2 so it was hot as shit, and at around 4 p.m. he told me that it was so hot that it felt like his brain was melting and he had to find shade immediately.

I didn't see him again until Modeselektor and he was having a horrible time.

Lesson learned: handle your drugz kids.

tarrivi
11-19-2012, 10:22 AM
Same, we had 2 tents set up (we were sharing 2 campsites. A random girl stumbled into our site around 3-4 in the morning disoriented as all hell, she climbed into one of our tents and my friend felt bad because she was freezing. Not drunk, but fucked out of her mind on something else.

Sure I've gone crazy at Coachella, but I've never been that out of my mind. I've seen some weird shit in the campgrounds over the past 3 years. Unfortunately, last year I went a bit too crazy and didn't get enough sleep because of it, so I had to miss most of Sunday night, I started having panic attacks and shit and had to go back to the campsite with my (now) girlfriend, bless her soul for missing out on Snoop and Dre to make sure I was alright :/

Luckily I went weekend 2 with my brother and experienced Soberchella, got to see everyone I missed weekend 1.

Did this happen on Thursday night?

Zero23
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Did this happen on Thursday night?

I think it happened on Friday, maybe Thursday though? Ah jeez, do you know the girl?

Edit: And SepaGroove, yes, I absolutely learned a lesson that weekend. It was mostly due to exhaustion, and could have been prevented (or a lot less severe) had I gotten more than a total of 7 hours of sleep over 2 nights, but yes, substances also played a huge role. I don't think I'll be camping anymore, it's just too much of a hassle to sleep on hard ground all weekend only to be woken up at 8 am every morning by nonstop party people.

tarrivi
11-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I think it happened on Friday, maybe Thursday though? Ah jeez, do you know the girl?

Edit: And SepaGroove, yes, I absolutely learned a lesson that weekend. It was mostly due to exhaustion though, and totally could have been prevented had I gotten more than a total of 7 hours of sleep over 2 nights. I don't think I'll be camping anymore, it's just too much of a hassle to sleep on hard ground all weekend only to be woken up at 8 am every morning by nonstop party people.

Well it happend to my friend on Thursday night. She got pretty fucked up and wandered into some random persons tent and just wanted to go to bed. Some dude then found her and was trying to help her figure out how she could get back to our campsite.

Zero23
11-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Well it happend to my friend on Thursday night. She got pretty fucked up and wandered into some random persons tent and just wanted to go to bed. Some dude then found her and was trying to help her figure out how she could get back to our campsite.

Did she end up sleeping in the tent? If so, I'm pretty sure that was us, it was my friend's tent. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and heard a girl shivering outside, then heard my friend open up his tent and try to figure out where she came from, but ended up just letting her sleep in his tent. Not sure if you could tell but we were a pretty big group from UCSB, we had a beer pong table set up and a huge 8-10 person tent. Honestly waking up the next morning, we were just super happy to see that she was alright because according to my friend it was pretty difficult waking her up.

All I can say is that's Coachella for ya! It was a lot of my friends' first times so they had no idea what to expect haha.

tarrivi
11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Did she end up sleeping in the tent? If so, I'm pretty sure that was us, it was my friend's tent. I woke up sometime in the middle of the night and heard a girl shivering outside, then heard my friend open up his tent and try to figure out where she came from, but ended up just letting her sleep in his tent. Not sure if you could tell but we were a pretty big group from UCSB, we had a beer pong table set up and a huge 8-10 person tent. Honestly waking up the next morning, we were just super happy to see that she was alright because according to my friend it was pretty difficult waking her up.

All I can say is that's Coachella for ya! It was a lot of my friends' first times so they had no idea what to expect haha.

Yeah I am pretty sure that was the situation. I don't know how more apparent our campsite flag could have been with a bay doll attached to it inorder for her not to find it.

Zero23
11-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah I am pretty sure that was the situation. I don't know how more apparent our campsite flag could have been with a bay doll attached to it inorder for her not to find it.

Haha small world! Well to be fair we also had a flag, no baby doll though. It's a good thing she didn't just wander around all night, she was shivering quite a bit when we found her.

oyeloca
11-23-2012, 06:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlIB1RUs_pU

nbvcide
11-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Bogdan Raczynski

(if u don't know him, this is not the best examples of his stuff:)
yrQM_RUfnq0

aCgdAWq8FQs

nbvcide
11-29-2012, 07:33 PM
Bummer. My buddy was having a bad time on Sunday too.

We all went weekend 2 so it was hot as shit, and at around 4 p.m. he told me that it was so hot that it felt like his brain was melting and he had to find shade immediately.

I didn't see him again until Modeselektor and he was having a horrible time.

Lesson learned: handle your drugz kids.

it's not the drugs, that's heat stroke. and it's sucks to have heat stroke while ur on drugs.

mikey1313666
11-29-2012, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlIB1RUs_pU

They wouldn't be in the Sahara. More likely a SBTRKT type Gobi slot

HedNoiZe801
12-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Tipper in 2013 please!
SlxAI-YfUos

KBWmM9AYLOE

WWsz2bvhpQ4

Larry Farnsworth
12-07-2012, 05:20 AM
I really want Daphni there. But I doubt they play in the Sahara. But they should, and I guess that's the problem with the Sahara.

nbvcide
12-07-2012, 08:18 AM
Tipper would be (and might be) in the Do Lab. If he was in the Sahara it would be Noon.

jeffwilson
12-08-2012, 01:43 PM
carl cox

HumanRobot74x
12-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I really want Daphni there. But I doubt they play in the Sahara. But they should, and I guess that's the problem with the Sahara.
Him dropping Ye Ye/Pairs on the polo grounds would just be fantastic. All these lists are so good, 5 or 6 off any of them would be a nice improvement over last year

Larry Farnsworth
12-08-2012, 05:12 PM
Him dropping Ye Ye/Pairs on the polo grounds would just be fantastic. All these lists are so good, 5 or 6 off any of them would be a nice improvement over last year

Is Daphni just Snaith? Or does he have people playing with him, like he does as Caribou? I guess as a more dance-friendly EDM act it makes more sense for Daphni to be solo, but for some reason I always think of Caribou and refer to the project as "they" or "them."

HumanRobot74x
12-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I was under the impression Daphni was his solo DJ moniker but I could very easily be mistaken. The only video I've seen of Daphni was his solo Boiler Room set, but those are always the most stripped down possible performances. I'd actually love to be wrong and see Jiaolong performed with a live band, that'd be quite the dance party.

semery526
12-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Bring back Aeroplane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ir9c32_ak

semery526
12-09-2012, 12:05 AM
I Believe... the sahara will get a lot better this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHQ1QHSG_Z4

alysiarenee
12-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Tipper in 2013 please!
SlxAI-YfUos

KBWmM9AYLOE

WWsz2bvhpQ4

saw tipper at a small festival in flagstaff, az. seeing him in the do lab would be amazing.

beatboy
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
This is what I think, its gonna be at the line up

bingo players
tommy trash
knife party
nicky romero
diplo
dillon francis
kill the noise
deniz koyu
hard rock sofa
hardwell
nervo
zedd
erick prydz (maybe headliner)
skrillex
bassnectar
steve aoki
arty
paul kalkbrenner

this is a possibility

mark knight
thomas gold
gesaffelstein
broadinski
wolfgang gartner
deadmau5
tjr
alvin risk
eptic
munchi
kavinsky
jamie jones
seth trolex
showtek
richie hawtin
dimitri vegas & like mike

What I want

alex kenji
boys noize (live)
umek
stefano noferini
claude vonstroke

what I want for headliner
fatboy slim (mainstage)
underworld
moby

GuyInTucson
12-11-2012, 02:43 PM
seth trolex

Hell yes I LOVE Seth Trolex.

jeffwilson
12-11-2012, 03:44 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/electronicmusic/comments/14ouiz/iam_electronic_music_writer_edmsnob_ama/c7f25ja

Reeber
12-12-2012, 11:02 PM
http://pitchfork.com/news/48909-just-blaze-and-baauer-working-and-touring-together/

Going to be awesome seeing this in my hometown but i also think this would be really cool in the afternoon in the sahara. Not sure if the San Fran show/the fact no dates past feb 16th make a difference. Thoughts?

|\| | |/|
12-13-2012, 07:35 AM
Jon Hopkins
Burial
Four Tet
Broken Note
Daft Punk
Prodigy
Boards of Canada
Mix Master Mike
Aphex Twin

I can dream, right?