PDA

View Full Version : Help my band play POP Montreal Festival feat. David Byrne, Grizzly Bear and more!!!

rage patton
09-02-2012, 08:48 AM
Hello Coachella friends. I am asking all of you to take a few second out of your day and cast a vote for my band, Rags To Radio, in a contest we are currently in. If we win the contest, we get flown out to Montreal to play 2 sets at the POP Montreal Music festival featuring David Byrne, St. Vincent, Grizzly Bear, Gotye, Liars, Grimes, Big Boi, and more! This would seriously be a dream come true for me and it would mean a huge amount if you cast a vote for my band. This is the last round of voting and it only take a couple of seconds. Thank you!

And if any of you are wondering about the Corey Hart cover... all bands selected for the top 8 had to cover "I Wear My Sunglasses At Night" and make an accompanying video for the song. I realize both the song and the video are completely ridiculous, but we had 3 days to record the song, film, and edit the video. It was a stressful 3 days, but we got it done.

Anyways, we are currently in the lead right now, but in the the last round of voting we were us 20% at the halfway point and by the end it was almost 50/ 50. We want to avoid getting that close again, so every vote counts!

All you need to do is click this link here and vote for RAGS TO RADIO... www.montrealbattleofthebands.com

Thanks friends! I really appreciate this. Voting ends TONIGHT at 8:59pm (PST)/ 11:59pm (EST)... so cast your vote before you forget!

rage patton
09-02-2012, 08:49 AM
P.S. Tom and Joanne, the album should be out in Nov/ Dec and you WILL be getting your thank you videos soon!

P.S.S. I know some boardies have already been supporting the band on facebook. So a BIG thank you to all of you too!

fatbastard
09-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I assume you need to be logged into Facebook?

gaypalmsprings
09-02-2012, 09:14 AM
How did we miss voting Round #1?

ivankay
09-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Looks like you got this round in the bag. Good luck!

rage patton
09-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I assume you need to be logged into Facebook?

Yes. You do have to be logged into facebook. Unfortunately, if you don't have a facebook you can't vote.

Looks like you got this round in the bag. Good luck!

Thanks Mike! I don't want to speak too soon though. All the support is appreciated!

Also, I forgot to mention, this is the semi-finals, not the finals. If we win this round, we go to the finals where the judges decide between the last two bands standing. No voting is required in that round.

gaypalmsprings
09-02-2012, 09:26 AM
If we win this round, we go to the finals where the judges decide between the last two bands standing. No voting is required in that round.

But I want to vote. I have a thicket.

sonofhal
09-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Bump and grind.

TallGuyCM
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Vote cast.

RotationSlimWang
09-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Did you get a different drummer yet?

FEELS
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Voted. Good luck man!

gaypalmsprings
09-02-2012, 01:11 PM
you have 69%

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61luLKR07wL._SS500_.jpg

nyarlathotoats
09-02-2012, 01:19 PM
I'll vote as well. Hope it works in your favor!

rage patton
09-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Holy shit guys. I saw a TON of you posted/ voted on facebook. The support for us was unreal. We are going to the finals and I am beside myself. I cannot thank you all enough. Wish us luck in the finals!!!

Did you get a different drummer yet?

We have had a new drummer for almost 2 years now. You will be able to hear him on our first full length album coming out this November/ December. We kicked our other drummer out not even 6 months after our first EP.

gaypalmsprings
09-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Congrats!

stinkbutt
09-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Vote cast, good luck. You deserve it, hope everything works out well

TomServo
09-02-2012, 09:54 PM
The next round of voting is September 5-7, did I read that right?

Good luck. Represent!

FEELS
09-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Saw on Facebook that you guys won, so rad! Congrats man!

algunz
09-07-2012, 08:44 AM
So awesome. Congratulations!!

amyzzz
09-07-2012, 08:59 AM
WOOHOO!

I never saw this thread before, only saw the posts on Facebook.

rage patton
09-07-2012, 01:06 PM
For those who don't know already, yes. My band won. We have been selected to play at POP Montreal where we are being flown out, given accomodations, and will be playing 2 sets. Its... pretty unreal.

I have been a festival goer for a long time, but I must say, it feels pretty cool to be invited to play a music festival like this. I certainly hope there is more where this came from in the future.

Thank you to everyone here who voted, or was not able to vote but was cheering us on. Your support meant a lot and now my band if being flown across the country to play a rad music festival. Too cool.

Saw on Facebook that you guys won, so rad! Congrats man!

Thanks man! I feel rude asking this, but are we friends on facebook? If not, add me!

ENluv12
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
I am bummed I didn't see this while the voting was going on. I would have voted!! Looks like you didn't need it though, CONGRATS!!! I hope you and your band have a blast

Aurgasm
09-07-2012, 01:10 PM
So awesome!!!!!!!!!

now for the mandatory festival goer dbag question: WILL IT BE WEBCAST?

rage patton
09-07-2012, 01:17 PM
So awesome!!!!!!!!!

now for the mandatory festival goer dbag question: WILL IT BE WEBCAST?

Haha, I doubt it. Its more of a SXSW styled fest, as oposed to a Coachella styled festival. Lots of little venues with bands plays everywhere, all over the place, all day and night. Maybe the big stages where artists like David Byrne, Gotye and Grizzly Bear will be webcast, but I doubt we play on any of those stages/ venues haha.

IceyHotshot
09-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Awesome. Have fun and kick some ass!

GuyInTucson
09-07-2012, 02:26 PM
For those who don't know already, yes. My band won. We have been selected to play at POP Montreal where we are being flown out, given accomodations, and will be playing 2 sets. Its... pretty unreal.

I have been a festival goer for a long time, but I must say, it feels pretty cool to be invited to play a music festival like this. I certainly hope there is more where this came from in the future.

Thank you to everyone here who voted, or was not able to vote but was cheering us on. Your support meant a lot and now my band if being flown across the country to play a rad music festival. Too cool.

This is fucking awesome, Josh. Good luck!

FEELS
09-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Thanks man! I feel rude asking this, but are we friends on facebook? If not, add me!

Haha nah it's cool, haven't been on the boards for too long. Nope, but yeah I will!

ArcadeParade
09-07-2012, 04:53 PM
fuck ya, have fun!