PDA

View Full Version : Couple to wed on-stage during The Decemberists

Boourns
04-01-2007, 02:34 PM
best wedding ever? (http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070330/EVENTS17/703300333/1126)

Marriage is wrong, but that rules.

matsuolost
04-01-2007, 02:36 PM
isnt there a thread about it on questions? are they the same couple?

Boourns
04-01-2007, 02:37 PM
I dunno. That thread never mentioned The Decemberists, and apparently the band approved this quite a while ago, and no update was ever posted there, so I'm guessing not.

Hannahrain
04-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Lambert is trying to find a vintage 1960s-era dress for the wedding. Cox said he will probably wear cool pants and a vintage Western-style shirt.

Cox will be the one in cool pants. I'll be on the lookout.

hangthedj112
04-01-2007, 02:38 PM
This is fucking retarded. I want to hear them play, not some people who will probably end up divorced in a year or two get married.

corbo
04-01-2007, 02:41 PM
what a hideous couple.

exern
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh, vomit.

Scratch The Decemberists off my list.

matsuolost
04-01-2007, 02:45 PM
well i would probably be there anyway

corbo
04-01-2007, 02:45 PM
ditto. i was considering checking out their set too...
but now its a fucking wedding set....fuck that

Hannahrain
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
It's pretty shitty of them to choose a place that their family probably can't go to.

matsuolost
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
they can always go to the glasshouse. .

gaypalmsprings
04-01-2007, 02:47 PM
looks to me like they are the most selfish coupke i ever saw, or they are just trying to get free coachella passes for their families

if i'm there, i'd be tempted to boo. gays can't marry, so why should we have to watch such an atrocity?

Boourns
04-01-2007, 02:58 PM
You people are negative nancys

jjbaldwi
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
You people are negative nancys

hell yeah they are! negative nancy bitches who hate on everyone/thing in every thread

corbo
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
i hate you. shut up.

jjbaldwi
04-01-2007, 03:07 PM
i hate you. shut up.

well i love you captain douche bag

hangthedj112
04-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Ok, the coachllea board as a whole can be a bit of a debbie downer, but this IS retarded. Most people paid to go see bands play, not watch some couple we have absolutely no interest in or attachment to wed. I really want an explanation from the band.

jjbaldwi
04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
agreed

gaypalmsprings
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Golden Voice should not allow this crap

Senor Cardgage
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
I think is great, and Im usually a snarky prick.
Coachella is a chance to let go of cynical bullshit and get goofy.
Stop bein so solemn. Uncross your arms. Unlock your hips.
Get stoopid with the rest of us in the desert.
And if at all possible, to dance like Snoopy, cuz that ***** can get down...
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7909/01snoopyaa1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Encaitare
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Well damn, I'm guessing this isn't another April Fool's joke. The Decemberists are one of the top bands I'm looking forward to see play, and if this takes time away from the likeliness of them playing Mariners Revenge, Rage wont be the only band that incites a riot.

Looking on the upside, at least it wont be Christian ceremony.

hangthedj112
04-01-2007, 03:34 PM
I think is great, and Im usually a snarky prick.
Coachella is a chance to let go of cynical bullshit and get goofy.
Stop bein so solemn. Uncross your arms. Unlock your hips.
Get stoopid with the rest of us in the desert.
And if at all possible, to dance like Snoopy, cuz that ***** can get down...
http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/7909/01snoopyaa1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

I am going to coachella to dance and let loose, which I shall do to music...not someone's I do's.

exern
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
I have nothing against people getting married at Coachella...

maybe GV can set up a wedding chapel between the Port-a-Potties and the Lost and Found...

Just not on stage during The Decemberists!!

Vomit.

miscorrections
04-01-2007, 04:19 PM
sorry, i think this is actually significantly awesome. i will be there to yell inappropriate things during the ceremony.

Kiefer
04-01-2007, 05:59 PM
yeah, this means they probably get backstage access and stuff (not a part of their plan im sure). plus, if you havent seen your mom in three years, likely you dropped the ball. if you cant afford a wedding, just wait. you can have it whenever you want. lame. btw i will be wearing my 'cool shorts' and a 't-shirt of some sort.'

smilingdownward
04-01-2007, 06:19 PM
hum, i dont know if i like this idea or hate it.
its lame that his family cant go but maybe his family is horrible.
it would be fun to see ppl getting pissed off durring the wedding.
ppl should throw hotdogs. oh wait, you cant bring in food. DAMN it!!!!

alyssak
04-01-2007, 06:29 PM
sorry, i think this is actually significantly awesome. i will be there to yell inappropriate things during the ceremony.
fuck yes, me too

rage patton
04-01-2007, 08:16 PM
It probably wont be there actually wedding ceremony.
It will probably be just for show. They might have them say a couple words, then have the scene going on in the background.
Either way, Im guessing they will be playing around the same time as Chilis/MSTRKRFT. So I will be missing thier set.

Michelle
04-01-2007, 08:22 PM
this is too funny. seems a little cheesy for coachella but whatever.

McFearless
04-01-2007, 09:06 PM
As long as it doesn't take away from their set time I don't care... Actually, I don't care eiter way cause I don't think I will be watching Decemberists at all.

"Honeymoon plans include watching Rage Against the Machine during Sunday's lineup"

hahahahah

roberto73
04-01-2007, 09:10 PM
The Decemberists? Whatever. I want to see a couple get married during Rage Against the Machine.

BoardsofCoachella
04-02-2007, 10:20 AM
Iím going to take a wild guess and say that the Decemberists will play 16 military wives before or after the ceremony.
I might just wait and see them at the Bowl instead.

TRIPYEOOT
04-02-2007, 10:29 AM
"if i'm there, i'd be tempted to boo. gays can't marry, so why should we have to watch such an atrocity?" quote from gaypalmsprings

Move to Canada or quit your bitchin!!!!

summerkid
04-02-2007, 10:35 AM
"if i'm there, i'd be tempted to boo. gays can't marry, so why should we have to watch such an atrocity?" quote from gaypalmsprings

interesting way of thinking...if you don't like something about the USA than get out eh? Instead of trying to make it a better place or fix what's wrong with it just get out...

RandyinPhila
04-02-2007, 10:36 AM
At first I thought the idea was pretty cool and romantic, I mean your favorite band at Coachella would be an awesome memory to have...
Then I read the article, the guy has not seen his mother in three years, and she has never met his wife to be!! Granted we donít know if they have a terrible relationship but as she is making such a big deal about trying to get to the show just to see her son married it seems to me he is just a spoiled little brat with an even bigger spoiled little b!@ch as a girlfriend. And saying they donít have the money to do both is just stupid.
Honestly how expensive is it to have some guy do a pagan-whatever wedding in your house with anyone you want come over and probably give you a significant amount of cash and prizes. Or hell do it in the campgrounds, or right after or before the set, the band seems into it and they probably wouldnít mind taking a few minutes after their set to wave the hands and wand or whateverÖ

gaypalmsprings
04-02-2007, 10:46 AM

There are plenty of reasons not to move to Canada.

1. They don't really want you. Canada is full of losers like you.

2. Canadians acknowledge that their health system is in crisis.

3. Parlez-vous francais? Somehow I doubt it.

4. How do you like your free speech -- well chilled? Canada has no First Amendment and adheres to primitive British-style libel laws.

5. It's the black hole of sports fandom. You would seriously consider leaving the home of North America's greatest baseball team -- ever -- and of North America's greatest football team, for . . . what?

So please, think twice. They don't want you.

bartelby
04-02-2007, 10:58 AM

4. How do you like your free speech -- well chilled? Canada has no First Amendment and adheres to primitive British-style libel laws.

5. It's the black hole of sports fandom. You would seriously consider leaving the home of North America's greatest baseball team -- ever -- and of North America's greatest football team, for . . . what?

I realize this is out of the discussion parameters but I won't take any Canada slaggin!

1. Canada certainly has less losers than the US.
2. How's your health system working out? At least I just got my physical, etc. for free last week.
3. Hablo es espangnol? (or whatever) Not everyone speaks Fr. in Canada
4. Ya, no free speech in Canada. You're bang on there idiot - check out the Charter of Rights and Freedoms. It was driven into my head enough in law school...
5. The CFL rules and you know it!

bartelby
04-02-2007, 11:00 AM
and on the topic of a wedding at the Decemberists: sweet idea but I'd much rather not have one....

it better be fucking quick or people will start heckling

wmgaretjax
04-02-2007, 11:06 AM

1. been there? vancouver canada has some of the chillest people I've ever met in my life (from Seattle).

2. most "rich" canadians would acknowledge that. tried to get free or cheap health care in the states recently?

3. i've been all over canada, don't speak french, and haven't had any significant difficulties.

4. no first amendment? are you serious? whoa... they should get on that right away. fucking moron.

5. professional sports are for tools and neanderthals.

Basskitten85
04-02-2007, 11:08 AM
marriage= DEATH

Quentin
04-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I love Canada! Canadians are some of the most polite and chill people I've ever met. I know they probably don't want me, but I do want to move there :D

Can't get enough of that putin. Is that spelled correctly?

amyzzz
04-02-2007, 11:59 AM
It's pretty shitty of them to choose a place that their family probably can't go to.
Agreed. They're so desperate for tickets, but the stupid couple are the ones who chose this as their wedding site. Dumb.

breakjaw
04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Iím going to take a wild guess and say that the Decemberists will play 16 military wives before or after the ceremony.
I might just wait and see them at the Bowl instead.
I want to hear them play "Hawaiian Wedding Song" from Blue Hawaii and then The Chicken Dance.

Hannahrain
04-02-2007, 02:03 PM
Does anyone else think it's kind of ironic that this couple is getting married during a show with a band that primarily sings about marital tragedy and grisly murder?

RandyinPhila
04-02-2007, 02:04 PM
I want to hear them play "Hawaiian Wedding Song" from Blue Hawaii and then The Chicken Dance.

Now if we can get Rage to sing the Chicken Dance after the nuptials it will be all ok!

summerkid
04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
5. professional sports are for tools and neanderthals.

riiiight...what is with people in this thread?

RandyinPhila
04-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Wait, does the Chicken dance have words? I am usually way to out of it whenever I hear it, or perhaps quickly become way to out of it when I hear it...

kimery08
04-02-2007, 02:14 PM
is it just my personal experiences or are white people the only people who do the chicken dance?

RandyinPhila
04-02-2007, 02:17 PM
now that i think about it i think you are right...

faxman75
04-02-2007, 02:22 PM
This is fucking retarded.

Why don't they go get married in the little fucking E Tard tent or some shit?

Boourns
04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
People still do the chicken dance? No way. Next you're going to tell me people still do the electric slide.

kimery08
04-02-2007, 02:28 PM
they do the electric slide at the crab shack over here.

Daft Fro
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
and on the topic of a wedding at the Decemberists: sweet idea but I'd much rather not have one....

it better be fucking quick or people will start heckling

Yea, I could see this going very bad if it isn't over in 50 seconds lol, or maybe during a song onstage while the band is playing...

I'd rather get married during The Rapture,...or MSTRKRFT =)

becomingcloser
04-02-2007, 02:36 PM
what a romantic thought. not.

here sweetpea, let me carry you across the threshold of our TENT.

elChurro
04-02-2007, 03:04 PM
no one better even think of cutting into my decemberist time, its bad enough these sets are too short. take it somewhere else people! preferably around others you actually know who willfully care to share in your experience, please leave the rest of us out of it.

thanks.

McFearless
04-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Wait, does the Chicken dance have words? I am usually way to out of it whenever I hear it, or perhaps quickly become way to out of it when I hear it...

Well. elmos version does.

"Elmo wants be a chicken elmo wants to be a duck.
Quack Quack Quack Quack."

Lyrical genius.

Even if they don't play it we should start singing it for ruining the Decemberists set.

elChurro
04-02-2007, 03:31 PM
fuck this shite, its gonna rain water bottles.

mandelbaum
04-02-2007, 03:55 PM
best wedding ever? (http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070330/EVENTS17/703300333/1126)

Marriage is wrong, but that rules.

Just another reason to avoid the Decemberists at Coachella.

summerkid
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
I don't get it, instead of bitching why don't the parents just buy some tickets on ebay for 150 or 200 or whatever they are going for now, most weddings cost more than that...

McFearless
04-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Cause they are poor.

matsuolost
04-02-2007, 04:01 PM
poor souls. .

JOEJOEJOE
04-03-2007, 11:20 AM
Ok, the coachllea board as a whole can be a bit of a debbie downer, but this IS retarded. Most people paid to go see bands play, not watch some couple we have absolutely no interest in or attachment to wed. I really want an explanation from the band.

Geez, man! Do you really think you are entitled to an explanation from the band....they are allowing a few minutes of their set for 2 fans to get hitched. The fella is in the military, and though I am against the war in Iraq, I think its cool that they allow this to happen.

Will your dreadful little life be that effected if they play one less song?

Boourns
04-05-2007, 04:57 PM
From the official board:

hi gang,
It's going to be really quick and fun.
We have never had a request to actually marry a couple on stage.

We hope those there will wish them well.

- Chris