PDA

View Full Version : Fitchella 2013 It's GO TIME!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
"I should handcuff your big ass to the treadmill"

http://youtu.be/W-LJ6xStUPM

TomAz
08-16-2012, 07:27 AM
J659hiXiUbM

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Oh lawrdy!

http://youtu.be/evCaOwDjmkE

NachoCat
08-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Being single again is great motivation. Working out like im tranining for Rio 2016

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 07:42 AM
...like a boss!

http://youtu.be/ylT16QB6Uig

ThatGirl
08-16-2012, 07:44 AM
I love when the new Fitchella thread comes out. It's like a new beginning for true motivation.

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Last years Fitchella helped me out alot. Got and stayed into a XXL from a XXL. This year I want to get into a XL and stay there.
Remember, its not about a diet, its about a lifestyle change.

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I love when the new Fitchella thread comes out. It's like a new beginning for true motivation.

This

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 07:55 AM
A new beginning can happen at any moment, on any day. The choice is up to you.

http://youtu.be/wauzrPn0cfg

Sorry, I'm feeling saucey this am. I already did my workout for today, now I just need to make the right choices about what I eat beacuase everything matters. Easier said than done and so is life...

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 08:49 AM
A new beginning can happen at any moment, on any day. The choice is up to you.

This is so true... But at the same time, you can wake up at any moment, but it never hurts to have an alarm clock. I just make sure not to hit the snooze button.

SepaGroove
08-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Started a new workout routine on Monday. Lifting 4 days a week with basketball, indoor soccer, hikes, and swimming thrown in there.

ThatGirl
08-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I think in September I'm going to try and get down 10 more lbs. I'm giving myself the summer to be less disciplined, however I've maintained by weight at my goal weight for 1.5 years now so I think my body has settled, and I'd like to take it a bit further.

SepaGroove
08-16-2012, 11:13 AM
10 pounds gone in september is my goal,,, or if in some way i could replace it with muscle would be even better

Once I turned 19 my metabolism slowed and I was finally able to gain weight. Unfortunately the only weight I gained was fat. But luckily I was able to turn it all into muscle and was in the best shape of my life for about 3 years. Just don't eat junk food, stick to a strict lifting routine, do cardio and abs, and drink a protein shake after you workout and you'll start seeing results in a few months.

Courtney
08-16-2012, 11:34 AM
I found a bootcamp thing that is only a couple blocks away from my new house, so I'm going to go check it out on Tuesday. Excited!

SepaGroove
08-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Boot camps are great! You're gonna be sore as hell the next day.

NachoCat
08-16-2012, 11:54 AM
Once I turned 19 my metabolism slowed and I was finally able to gain weight. Unfortunately the only weight I gained was fat. But luckily I was able to turn it all into muscle and was in the best shape of my life for about 3 years. Just don't eat junk food, stick to a strict lifting routine, do cardio and abs, and drink a protein shake after you workout and you'll start seeing results in a few months.

You dont change fat to muscle. You lose the fat and gain muscle

SepaGroove
08-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah you're right. But before I gained that fat it was really hard for me to gain muscle. I would lift and get stronger but only get cut, my muscles wouldn't really grow.

I had significant growth in my chest, back and arms after I gained about 12 pounds of fat, then started lifting about 5 times a week.

scenicworld
08-16-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm down 30+ pounds and 3 dress sizes since June. Sure, a lot of that was due to being in the hospital for over a week and sick for a couple weeks before that, but I'm trying my best to use it to my advantage by eating better and getting back into my workout routine.

bettycarolyn
08-16-2012, 12:08 PM
believe it or not the cabbage soup diet really helps you shed several pounds quick in 7 days...and its super healthy...it can be a great way to get rid of the first few pounds (which can always be the hardest)
i lost about 8 pounds off the cabbage soup diet. just make sure to take beano or gas-x while your on it. http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/ (make sure you follow the diet 100% otherwise it wont work)
it also helps make better decisions once your off the diet...it def did for me. i always crave something sweet after a nice big meal and instead of reaching for candy or chocolate i've been going for the healthier sweets like fruit.

H_is_O
08-16-2012, 12:17 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpjax4ZBKm1qee6wmo1_250.gif

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
I drop 5lbs everytime I take a shit. We need to get off the scale, people!

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 12:20 PM
believe it or not the cabbage soup diet really helps you shed several pounds quick in 7 days...and its super healthy...it can be a great way to get rid of the first few pounds (which can always be the hardest)
i lost about 8 pounds off the cabbage soup diet. just make sure to take beano or gas-x while your on it. http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/ (make sure you follow the diet 100% otherwise it wont work)
it also helps make better decisions once your off the diet...it def did for me. i always crave something sweet after a nice big meal and instead of reaching for candy or chocolate i've been going for the healthier sweets like fruit.

HEY GUISE DID YOU KNOW THAT EATING NOTHING BUT VEGETABLE SOUP FOR DAYS ON END WILL HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT?

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Who would have ever thought that broth with vegetables would be so thinning?

JustSteve
08-16-2012, 12:23 PM
And aren't the first few pounds the easiest to lose?

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Believe it or not, drinking nothing but Slim Fast is an easy way to lose weight fast.

ThatGirl
08-16-2012, 12:29 PM
Believe it or not, drinking nothing but Slim Fast is an easy way to lose weight fast.

Yes but I think you are supposed to make sure you eat at least one meal with it. I think you'd go pretty hungry without that.

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 12:33 PM
Come on, girl. Get on the sarcasm train.

ThatGirl
08-16-2012, 12:36 PM
Come on, girl. Get on the sarcasm train.

I didn't read the posts below. Now on the train.

bettycarolyn
08-16-2012, 12:39 PM
its not just vegetable soup..you can eat so much more...clearly you speak without knowing what you say

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 12:48 PM
So, you can eat more because it's NOT vegetable soup? Go on...

bettycarolyn
08-16-2012, 12:54 PM
And aren't the first few pounds the easiest to lose?

for me its always the hardest...motivation is key and i def dont have any to start losing so that may be why its hardest for me...

bettycarolyn
08-16-2012, 12:55 PM
So, you can eat more because it's NOT vegetable soup? Go on...

apparently you have a hard time reading too....not "JUST" vegetable soup...

Day One:

Fruit: Eat all of the fruit you want (except bananas). Eat only your soup and the fruit for the first day. For drinks- unsweetened teas, cranberry juice and water.

Day Two:

Vegetables: Eat until you are stuffed will all fresh, raw or cooked vegetables of your choice. Try to eat leafy green vegetables and stay away from dry beans, peas and corn. Eat all the vegetables you want along with your soup. At dinner, reward yourself with a big baked potato with butter. Do not eat fruit today.

Day Three:

Mix Days One and Two: Eat all the soup, fruits and vegetables you want. No Baked Potato.

Day Four:

Bananas and Skim Milk: Eat as many as eight bananas and drink as many glasses of skim milk as you would like on this day, along with your soup. This day is supposed to lessen your desire for sweets.

Day Five:

Beef And Tomatoes: Ten to twenty ounces of beef and up to six fresh tomatoes. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water this day to wash the uric acid from your body. Eat your soup at least once this day. You may eat broiled or baked chicken instead of beef (but absolutely no skin-on chicken). If you prefer, you can substitute broiled fish for beef on one of the beef days (but not both).

Day Six:

Beef and Vegetables: Eat to your heart’s content of beef and vegetables this day. You can even have 2 or 3 steaks if you like, with leafy green vegetables. No Baked Potato. Eat your soup at least once.

Day Seven:

Brown rice, unsweetened fruit juices and vegetables: Again stuff, stuff, stuff yourself. Be sure to eat your soup at least once this day.

GuyInTucson
08-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I've been doing well for myself. I've kept my post-Coachella weight in check and that's usually when I start to fall off the wagon. Been sitting on my ass less at night and working out in the morning.

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 12:57 PM
apparently you have a hard time reading too...."JUST"
howabout you read into it and shut up

She sounds a lil irritable.... must be from eating nothing but vegetable soup for a week.

bettycarolyn
08-16-2012, 01:00 PM
must be from stupidity trolling allover

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I've been doing well for myself. I've kept my post-Coachella weight in check and that's usually when I start to fall off the wagon. Been sitting on my ass less at night and working out in the morning.

Way to go... I know we can't really complain with the way the rest of the country's heat wave has been going, but its been warmer out here in L.A. this past week. Really demotivational. We're starting to cool off a bit so I need to get myself back on check.

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 01:01 PM
You're right. That looks healthy AND smart.

EAT AS MUCH BEEF AS YOU CAN, Y'ALL

captncrzy
08-16-2012, 01:02 PM
stupidity

all you can eat irony

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Being single again is great motivation. Working out like im tranining for Rio 2016

Started a new workout routine on Monday. Lifting 4 days a week with basketball, indoor soccer, hikes, and swimming thrown in there.

When you guys get a chance post your routines in here. I've been doing the following routine that I found on the bodybuilding forum:

A Simple beginner's Routine
You will do 3 work outs per week on non consecutive day. The first work out is your heavy work out. The second work out is your medium work out, use 10% less weight for your work sets. The final work out for the week is your lite work out, use 20% less weight.

Do a lite warm up with 1/4 of your work sets weight. Do a medium warm up with 1/2 of your work sets weight. Do 2 work sets with the same weight. Choose a starting weight and start light.

These are the seven exercises you will be starting with.

Squats
Bench Presses
Bent-Over Rows
Overhead Barbell Presses
Stiff-Legged Deadlifts
Barbell Curls
Calf Raises

You will be running this program on a five week cycle as follows:
The first week do all 4 sets for 8 reps.
The second week do all 4 sets for 9 reps.
The third week do all 4 sets for 10 reps.
The fourth week do all 4 sets for 11 reps.
The fifth week do all 4 sets for 12 reps.
If you got all of the required reps on the fifth week then increase the weight by 10% and

repeat the cycle. If you didn't get all of the reps on the fifth week then repeat the cycle with the same weight. You shouldn't need more than one minute rest between the warm up sets and you shouldn't need more than one minute thirty seconds between the work sets.
Do some cardio and abs work on non weight training days.
I just finished my 11 rep, Cycle 2, light day (9th week) of the program and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll start my test day on Sunday and if I pass I'll be increasing my wieght on some lifts by 30lbs from where I began. That's 30lbs gains in 2.5 months.

bettycarolyn
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
attaboy!

scenicworld
08-16-2012, 01:26 PM
And aren't the first few pounds the easiest to lose?for me its always the hardest...motivation is key and i def dont have any to start losing so that may be why its hardest for me...

I think the first few pounds are the easiest to lose, but I can see why someone would think they are hard to lose. Motivating yourself to lose those first few pounds can be tough but once you step on the scale and see the number dropping or once those jeans that were getting tight start to feel lose it helps to motivate you and confirms that you're doing the right thing.

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
I just finished my 11 rep, Cycle 2, light day (9th week) of the program and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll start my test day on Sunday and if I pass I'll be increasing my wieght on some lifts by 30lbs from where I began. That's 30lbs gains in 2.5 months.

Great work...

Do you work on your ab section? One area you use regardless of what workout you're doing is your abs.

EastLos01
08-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I think the first few pounds are the easiest to lose, but I can see why someone would think they are hard to lose. Motivating yourself to lose those first few pounds can be tough but once you step on the scale and see the number dropping or once those jeans that were getting tight start to feel lose it helps to motivate you and confirms that you're doing the right thing.

Its the plateau you have to worry about. Thats when alot of people get frustrated because they don't see a difference in the scale. As much of a measuring stick as the weight scale is, its also one of the biggest anchors in weight loss.

scenicworld
08-16-2012, 01:38 PM
^so true.

Mr. Fuzz
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Great work...

Do you work on your ab section? One area you use regardless of what workout you're doing is your abs.

Yes, every other day I do cardio and abs. Yesterday morning, my rest day, I ran 2 miles plus did two sets of 50 sit ups. This workout really taxes your entire body but my routine is as follows:

Sun - Lift (Heavy)
Mon - Cycle class
Tues - Lift (Med.)
Wed - Run + Abs
Thurs - Lift (Light)
Fri - Run + Abs
Sat - Rest or Ride or Run = )

Mugwog
08-16-2012, 05:27 PM
Went to a tribe anniversary about 9-10 weeks ago and haven't had a cigarette since, doing way more hikes and have better lung capacity than a 20 year old. Starting to do a meditation/yoga/dance "temple" and holy shit did my abs get worked from the first session. Gorgeous ladies in the class being stable at jaw dropping positions is also great motivation to stick with this plan.

Mr. Fuzz
08-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I ran 2 miles in just under 17 mins and did 2 sets of sit ups this am. Tomorrow I'm going for a 30 mile ride outside. I'm gearing up for a Hercules and Love Affair make up date at Coachella 2013. You know, so I can boogie down in the Sahara with my shirt off.

http://youtu.be/Fb8S51M2GAc

NachoCat
08-17-2012, 09:09 AM
"boogie down"

scenicworld
08-29-2012, 08:49 PM
I just bought a jump rope. it's either going to help me with cardio or I'm going to kill myself in a bizarre accident because of my two left feet.

ThatGirl
08-30-2012, 07:41 AM
I just bought a jump rope. it's either going to help me with cardio or I'm going to kill myself in a bizarre accident because of my two left feet.

Skipping rope using the proper technique is unbelievably tough. But it is a wicked workout. Have you ever done any boxing/sparring exercise, with a trainer? That whips you into shape in no time.

scenicworld
08-30-2012, 09:34 AM
I've never done any boxing or sparring but one of my girlfriends regularly jumps rope as part of her workout and she suggested it to me. She also said it helps to tone your legs and butt, so I figured it was worth a try. I'm currently only doing cardio workouts while I establish a routine, but eventually I'll add a bit of strength training and work on my core.

bettycarolyn
08-30-2012, 11:04 AM
can anybody give me some suggestions on how to i guess take care of your back before a weekend festival? i have scoliosis in two places and the only thing running through my mind before a wicked festy weekend is my back and how much its going to affect me...which sucks cuz all i wanna think about is the actual show and who im going to see! anybody else have this problem or have any suggestions on some stretching techniques before concerts/festivals?

scenicworld
08-30-2012, 04:55 PM
believe it or not, hamstring stretches do wonders for sore backs even if it's something like scoliosis.

bettycarolyn
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
believe it or not, hamstring stretches do wonders for sore backs even if it's something like scoliosis.

SepaGroove
08-31-2012, 03:52 PM
can anybody give me some suggestions on how to i guess take care of your back before a weekend festival? i have scoliosis in two places and the only thing running through my mind before a wicked festy weekend is my back and how much its going to affect me...which sucks cuz all i wanna think about is the actual show and who im going to see! anybody else have this problem or have any suggestions on some stretching techniques before concerts/festivals?

I stretch my liver and lungs before festivals.

fatbastard
08-31-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm starting to wonder if being thin was just a phase and that I'll always be fat. I hate having tits.

bettycarolyn
09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
nice sepa....fucking idiot

Courtney
09-04-2012, 03:18 PM
I have been going to 6am bootcamp classes at the park next to my house for a couple weeks now. They are kicking my ass. But it's good for me. And I like that they are first thing in the morning because then I don't have any excuse to skip.

How are you all doing with your fitchella plans?

scenicworld
09-04-2012, 03:40 PM
How are you all doing with your fitchella plans?

I put 5 of the 30 pounds that I lost due to my health issues back on, but I still consider that progress overall and expected it since I was so dehydrated. I'll be in New York and Philly for 3 weeks starting next week and if I can come home at the same weight or just a few pounds heavier I'll be very content. if I can come home a few pounds lighter, I'll be ecstatic!

ThatGirl
09-04-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm also 5 lbs up the 30 lbs I lost 1.5 years ago. I'm determined to lose it again before the new year.

santasutt
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
5 miler today, 11 miler two days ago.

Training for Hartford Half Marathon, sub 9 min/mile pace.

nathanfairchild
09-04-2012, 07:38 PM
This summer I lost about 35lbs. I still have more to go but if I stick with what I've been doing I should be able to reach my goal by Coachella. I'm back at school now and I'm able to work out 5 days a week. Best I've felt in years too. Along with working out I've been playing racquetball twice a week and I walk my dog three times a day now. I also have way more energy because I've been eating better. I've been doing portion control and a lower carb diet. I'm not depriving myself of anything, just eating way less. I cut my carbs down to under 100g per day and I've been eating lean proteins. I also haven't had anything alcoholic since the end of May. Thanks for the motivation guys. :)

ThatGirl
09-05-2012, 05:23 AM
Nathan that is so fantastic! Good for you!

Mr. Fuzz
09-05-2012, 07:27 AM
http://youtu.be/xK0njkATf84

captncrzy
09-05-2012, 07:57 AM
nice sepa....fucking idiot

Yeah. He's the idiot. Glass houses, stones, etc.

MoSetsfire
09-14-2012, 07:01 AM
NO MORE BELLYYY

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2rKfX_CYAAfVL0.jpg

So I've lost 80 lbs total now in the last 2 and a half years... 181 is the lightest ive been since probably early high school. I also just joined a crossfit gym to help me build tone up and shred this last little layer of fat. Coachella 2013 will be glorious

ThatGirl
09-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Good for you! Way to stick it out! :) Congrats!

PotVsKtl
09-14-2012, 09:17 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120912045923-monkey-1-horizontal-gallery.jpg

amyzzz
09-14-2012, 09:35 AM
Wow, good job!

nyarlathotoats
09-18-2012, 02:44 PM
So here we are, 30 pounds heavier; I've started the diet again since losing the weight, and the old familiar aches of the beginning are here.

amyzzz
09-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I tried to start climbing stairs last week after 6 months, and my legs were sore for the rest of the week.

SepaGroove
09-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Ever since football season started I've been drinking a ton of craft beers and eating much worse.

Gonna have to start working out 4-5 days a week instead of 3. Plus wayyyyyy more cardio.

Mugwog
09-18-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm gaining a wonderful tan from going in nature naked and hiking a few miles. It's been since June since I've smoked a cig. Switching up diet to a pescatarian one currently. Pain in the ass, but my energy is already getting better.

SepaGroove
09-18-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm gaining a wonderful tan from going in nature naked and hiking a few miles. It's been since June since I've smoked a cig. Switching up diet to a pescatarian one currently. Pain in the ass, but my energy is already getting better.

My energy has been shit lately, maybe I should try that.

I should probably smoke less ganja too.

Mugwog
09-18-2012, 05:19 PM
No keep smoking more ganja.

MoSetsfire
09-19-2012, 07:10 AM
Use it as a reward for getting shit done... if you dont do what you need to do, then dont smoke. but if you get your shit done then reward yourself... try and scoop some low calorie snacks like skinny cow... Also, when you get munchies, drink a big glass of water.

Mr. Fuzz
09-19-2012, 07:37 AM
...a cool, cool beverage!

ThatGirl
09-19-2012, 09:00 AM
Oct 1 is my discipline start date. This summer I've really given myself too much latitude. I have 10 more days or so of indulgence left but I'm trying not to go to overboard.

SepaGroove
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Use it as a reward for getting shit done... if you dont do what you need to do, then dont smoke. but if you get your shit done then reward yourself... try and scoop some low calorie snacks like skinny cow... Also, when you get munchies, drink a big glass of water.

This has been my stategy for years.

During the day I have work, school, gym, and other shit so I don't smoke until night time.

I'll have to try the big glass of water thing, usually I just drink a beer.

captncrzy
09-19-2012, 10:59 AM
I found an "Eat This, Not That" book at work and read through it. Some of it was REALLY surprising, and I recommend picking up the latest version.

Mugwog
09-19-2012, 11:01 AM
If that's your strategy with pot, its not working. You need to lay off the blue dream. #1 munchies inducer. Come out on a long backpacking hike someone with us (the goat/I) - I come back from the weekend and look in the mirror: Sexy tan, trimmed, and the leg muscles are getting nice. I'm not a gym person at all, but I can hike a few miles with a ton of weight, definitely prefer that over the ballsweat smell and meat market that is LA Fitness Hollywood.

Mugwog
09-19-2012, 11:03 AM
I found an "Eat This, Not That" book at work and read through it. Some of it was REALLY surprising, and I recommend picking up the latest version.

I found that book very interesting when it came to the more common fastfood places, stoned in the middle of the night, still did not break new diet with a burger. I am getting waaaaay hungrier though since dropping all meat but fish for a week so far.

ENluv12
09-19-2012, 11:15 AM
I started cross fit on top of my dieting yesterday... Wow that is a workout, let me tell you. Since starting my diet I have lost 10 lbs, but I don't feel the difference yet. I am hoping my body responds well to this training. I need to lose about 20 more.

fatbastard
09-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Still fat.

MoSetsfire
09-19-2012, 06:56 PM
Still fat.

you bastard.

MoSetsfire
09-19-2012, 06:56 PM
I started cross fit on top of my dieting yesterday... Wow that is a workout, let me tell you. Since starting my diet I have lost 10 lbs, but I don't feel the difference yet. I am hoping my body responds well to this training. I need to lose about 20 more.

I'm in my 2nd week of crossfit, that shit is intense.

GuyInTucson
09-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I've been doing Insanity for entirely too long and I need to switch it up. I was thinking of Crossfit, p90x or Asylum. Anyone try multiple programs?

ThatGirl
09-20-2012, 12:59 PM
I've been doing Insanity for entirely too long and I need to switch it up. I was thinking of Crossfit, p90x or Asylum. Anyone try multiple programs?

TRX is a great workout for combining cardio and stregnth training and it's fun.

zircona1
09-21-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm running a half marathon tomorrow. I am a bit worried b/c my right quad muscle has been hurting slightly, only when I run. Not so much that I have to stop the run, but I haven't run 13.1 miles in quite a while.

Chillzzz
09-21-2012, 08:27 AM
You should learn how use a foam roller, it's saved my knees so far and would be great for your quads

Chillzzz
09-21-2012, 08:28 AM
The other day I ran 6 miles, did 60 pull-ups in 4 sets (dead hang pull-ups) and 200 push-ups in 6 sets. I was stoked.

ENluv12
09-21-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm in my 2nd week of crossfit, that shit is intense.

ummmmmmmmm, yeah, no doubt. I was dying about 10 minutes into the WOD. I am going again today, and I can't wait.

Mr. Fuzz
09-21-2012, 12:16 PM
The other day I ran 6 miles, did 60 pull-ups in 4 sets (dead hang pull-ups) and 200 push-ups in 6 sets. I was stoked.

How long did it take you to run the 6 miles?

Mr. Fuzz
09-21-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm running a half marathon tomorrow. I am a bit worried b/c my right quad muscle has been hurting slightly, only when I run. Not so much that I have to stop the run, but I haven't run 13.1 miles in quite a while.

Good luck, man. That's intense.

zircona1
09-22-2012, 11:05 AM
I finished the half marathon. My time was around 1:59:30, I was impressed I came in under 2 hours! This was the second one I had ever run, the first one I came in closer to 2:30:00. My right quad hurt just a little, but it didn't get any worse, and by the last 2 miles both legs were hurting so it didn't matter. :)

fatbastard
09-22-2012, 05:02 PM
A Johnny pastrami, fries, cheeseburger, a peanut butter and a banana shake for lunch..

Mr. Fuzz
09-22-2012, 08:55 PM
This morning, after my workout, I ran a 7:04 minute mile. That's my personal best. Before my work out I ran 7:18 minute mile. I was feeling like a boss until I realized that Olympians run closer to 4 minute miles.

Mr. Fuzz
09-22-2012, 09:00 PM
I finished the half marathon. My time was around 1:59:30, I was impressed I came in under 2 hours! This was the second one I had ever run, the first one I came in closer to 2:30:00. My right quad hurt just a little, but it didn't get any worse, and by the last 2 miles both legs were hurting so it didn't matter. :)

That's great, you must have been running like a boss the entire time. Did you run a steady pace the entire race or did you fall of towards the end.

zircona1
09-23-2012, 10:18 AM
That's great, you must have been running like a boss the entire time. Did you run a steady pace the entire race or did you fall of towards the end.

Steady pace, though the last 2 miles I think I slowed a bit.

santasutt
10-13-2012, 01:11 PM
Hartford Half-Marathon today: colder weather helped me p.r. (1:45:59) for this race.

Male marathon winner, Abiyot Endale, (2:15:34) beat the last 1/3 of the half-marathon field.

That's just wrong!

amma_sol
10-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Since last Coachella I've lost 20 pounds.... Since January I've lost 45... those last 5 pounds are evil.

lehorne
10-14-2012, 04:38 PM
have only had two self-made heavily powdered sugar beignets, a couple cups of joe, and many G&Ts with lime. And no exercise in sight. It's Sunday, hell.

Neighborhood Creep
10-14-2012, 04:55 PM
I won a 6 month gym pass at a benefit last night for Anytime Fitness. I am going to activate it tomorrow and probably use it 2-3 times

ThatGirl
10-14-2012, 04:58 PM
I won a 6 month gym pass at a benefit last night for Anytime Fitness. I am going to activate it tomorrow and probably use it 2-3 times

Why not sell it on Craigslist? It would probably be more worth your while.

guedita
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I've cut out/significantly reduced any intake of dairy and am now making my dinners protein/veggie only based in an attempt to lose weight while exercising at a minimum -- weight toning for my arms/sit ups/planks/leg lifts but no real cardio. Curious to see how/if it works.

TomAz
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I've cut out/significantly reduced any intake of dairy

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/health_benefits_of_full_fat_cheese/index.php

guedita
10-25-2012, 01:37 PM
I ain't no motherfucking man.

HotHamWater
10-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Studies have shown that every food is good and bad for you. Do whatever you want, Cara.

guedita
10-25-2012, 01:47 PM
I'm just not having cheese and carbs as a part of EVERY meal and EVERY snack. Like I was.

algunz
10-25-2012, 02:34 PM
Unbelievable, and if any of you know about Mt. Sac, that cross country course is so fucking challenging.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/california-teen-turns-cross-country-time-called-greatest-215330958.html?fb_action_ids=10151220452570688&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_source=aggregation&fb_aggregation_id=288381481237582&code=AQB9XLNTf28MDY5W6292Tg0Kh0aaO4mbGWGuHboYjiihj Voe-y67egdxet__sSKwkL2aIb23dItoW3OV1v3T-B0_-f63h2O8S2JHeZbZb3JyPSc4_lUgXyMWXo6w6zxT5EFM1gLdCwz SyrkfDul8f7P6BLxeL4DG_H1V9gkSEiYUSDHnwbDqUibfwCMb-JB8oy8f6tdzc_GVQHauMaa6lRzp#_=_

ThatGirl
10-25-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm just not having cheese and carbs as a part of EVERY meal and EVERY snack. Like I was.

I'm just not drinking in excess of a bottle of wine and eating a bag of chips every day. Like I was.

santasutt
10-25-2012, 07:18 PM
I've cut out/significantly reduced any intake of dairy .

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.slashfood.com/media/2009/05/icecream5.jpg

Even this?

Deal breaker for me.

Originalbob
10-29-2012, 03:13 AM
In response to BettyCarolyn's suggestion...
Read this on reddits/loseit

But I actually came on here to say today begins my year and a half goal: to complete (not compete) a triathlon. After work, I'm heading over to Planet Fitness and signing up for a membership. I have my gym bag packed and plan on staying an hour. I was riding my bike during warmer mornings, but it's simply too dark and too cold when I get off of work. I admittedly have packed on the 13 lbs I had lost from the horrendous HCG diet since Coachella. Not to mention my alcohol consumption has gotten waaaaay out of hand (average 3 drinks/night) along with a few other fat inducing reasons.

I'm going to count my calories once again, but it will take some getting used to.

There are 23 weeks until week 1 of Coachella and I'm planning on being 20lbs down by that time; hopefully 30 lbs. With at least a healthy possibility of one pound loss each week, I should be able to successfully achieve that.

I have a coworker who is an avid runner/marathon goer who's given me lots of tips. I know I can turn to him with anything because he's being really supportive of my decision. Of course, I do work with men who average well over 275, so I think we can bond being one of the few fitness participants.

Secondly, massive congratulations to Nathan for the progress thus far! I'm really proud of you!

TL;DR My fat ass is starting a work out in hopes of completing a triathlon in a year and a half.

guedita
11-06-2012, 02:26 PM
My limited cheese/carb intake seems to have been working. After a bit of a relapse during an out of town vacation I'm kicking it up again as I'm only 4 pounds away from a target "healthy" goal.

My heroin chic goal's going to be more of a challenge.

TheScenestar
11-06-2012, 04:12 PM
I'm going to join in on this like last year. More to kick my ass into gear and use re-joining Fitchella as my marker when i put my foot down to lose weight. Weeee!

amyzzz
11-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I signed my dog up for a training class -- I am hoping to get her leash-trained so we can go on long walks/jogs together.

Mugwog
11-06-2012, 04:54 PM
I signed my dog up for a training class -- I am hoping to get her leash-trained so we can go on long walks/jogs together.
I'm sure if you regularly walk/run with your dog, she will learn how to walk/run on a leash. No need to pay someone to teach her how to be "leash trained"

ThatGirl
11-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm sure if you regularly walk/run with your dog, she will learn how to walk/run on a leash. No need to pay someone to teach her how to be "leash trained"

Obviously you have never trained a dog to do anything.

Mugwog
11-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Obviously you need to pay someone to train your beast for you.

ThatGirl
11-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Obviously you need to pay someone to train your beast for you.

Not necessarily - but training a dog to walk on or off leash politely and properly is a shitload of work. You can't just walk with it on-leash and automatically get great behavior from it.

Mugwog
11-06-2012, 05:46 PM
It takes time yes, but I don't necessarily think one should get a beast if one can't spend time with it. Most people I've met with out of control dogs are the ones who can't spend time with them. Dogs that can walk without leash and listen to their owner obediently are usually ones that have an owner who spends a lot of time with them.

ThatGirl
11-06-2012, 05:51 PM
It takes time yes, but I don't necessarily think one should get a beast if one can't spend time with it. Most people I've met with out of control dogs are the ones who can't spend time with them. Dogs that can walk without leash and listen to their owner obediently are usually ones that have an owner who spends a lot of time with them.

We have both our dogs off leash now, and it's been a result of 2 hours a day at the dog park, every day, and training and time. We haven't paid for a trainer but we made the time. But I work at home - that really helps. So when people work full time and don't have the flexibility in their schedule, bringing in help can be a good thing. It's the responsible thing.

RageAgainstTheAoki
11-06-2012, 09:32 PM
I've been traveling so much for work during the election season. Time to get back on the wagon here. Just got the new iPhone. Any fitness apps you guys like? Any HIIT apps?

ThatGirl
11-07-2012, 02:52 AM
I've been traveling so much for work during the election season. Time to get back on the wagon here. Just got the new iPhone. Any fitness apps you guys like? Any HIIT apps?

I like Sparkpeople.

chairmenmeow47
11-07-2012, 01:29 PM
hi everyone, i hope you are all keeping fit :)

i'm back on the wagon. three surgeries later and i finally feel pretty normal. i'm still doing physical therapy. it's amazing how certain parts of the body affect other parts of the body. we are focusing on strengthening my legs/butt/abs so that i can put less strain on my hip. along with my abdomen pain, my hip flexor is kinda fucked. i have missed stretching and was afraid to do it before surgery. i've had lower back problems on the same side, so i wonder if it's related to the hip.

i am hoping to start yoga again this week. my girlfriend also talked me into buying a living social deal for 10 fitness ballet sessions. i'm so excited. ballet was perfect for me as a little girl. though i sucked at it, being pigeon toed and klutzy meant this helped me build strength and poise. i hope i can keep up with it, but i probably won't start until the end of the month or december since i'm still getting my energy back up.

i have been walking. not as long as i'd like, but i'm doing it. i lost a bunch of weight after vomiting daily for over five months. but i gained it all back in one week of eating crap and laying around. i'm doing better about watching what i eat now that i'm back at work.

my goal is to lose close to 10 pounds by the end of the year. let's do this!

roberto73
11-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Ran the Savannah Half-Marathon last weekend, my first. Finished in 1:55:35, which I'm satisfied with. I wanted to finish in under two hours, and now I've got a solid target for the Atlanta Half-Marathon on Thanksgiving Day.

In weight loss news, the good news is that I'm 15 pounds lighter than I was a year ago at this time. The bad news is that I'm 15 pounds heavier than I was in April at Coachella.

LickTheLizzard
11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I've lost 30 lbs since June. Now that I have reached my weight loss goal, I have had a hard time transitioning from the low calorie diet that got me here to something better suited for maintaining my current weight and possibly bulking up. I'm pretty set in my workout routine, but the nutrition part is very confusing to me.

chairmenmeow47
11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
congratulations!!! i wish i had your problem and that i could help. keep up the good work!

i just got back from a long walk and got on the stationary bike and hula-hooped for the first time in awhile. i've been doing my PT stretches every day and i'm noticing a difference.

i've found that trying to divide my calories out equally through the day is a frustrating experience. instead i eat a tiny breakfast and lunch and save my calories for dinner. it seems to be working and i'm not starving. life is good.

chairmenmeow47
11-20-2012, 10:53 AM
what are some lower calorie wines? i tend to like red or white sauvignon. malbecs and pinot noirs are good too. i've been on more of a red kick lately though. i'm not a fan of pino grigio. thanks :)

also, it was nice taking the health assessment at work and realizing i weigh ten pounds less than this time last year. while that's not a lot, for someone who has been through two surgeries since then, i think that's pretty good!!!

keep up the good work everyone, i know this weekend will be rough!

chairmenmeow47
12-02-2012, 01:13 PM
lost five more pounds. finally broke down and bought a digital scale. i've been good about logging into myfitnesspal every day too. physical therapy is getting to be a lot more difficult which is good. no matter how hard i try to do things correctly though, my back has been bugging me. i hope that goes away because it makes me not want to do my therapy at home. also i discovered the best late night craving snack, there these sugar-free gelatin packs that are only 10 calories.

lehorne
12-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Down to 168lbs (6’2” height). Lowest in years and years. “Skeleton, skeleton loveee”.

RotationSlimWang
12-02-2012, 01:57 PM
I think I'm going to lose seven pounds in the next week without doing a drop of exercise just to prove a point.

fatbastard
12-02-2012, 07:33 PM
Slater burger, bacon mac and cheese balls, a beer, crepes suzette, a glass of muscat, and a cup of decaf for dinner.

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2012, 07:13 AM
you fat bastard =P

i've lost 2 more pounds since my last weigh-in the other day, w00t!

flowbee
12-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Nothing like the good ol' stomach flu to kick start your weight loss. Comes out both ways.

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 08:40 AM

I am doing this for the month of December. The 100 number days are going to suck but hope there will be payoff!

guedita
12-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Are these just standing squats or squats against a wall?

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm doing just standing squats, but trying to take it slow and squeeze with each one.

Mugwog
12-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Nice.

scenicworld
12-03-2012, 09:14 AM
http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/239957486366893618_7Gp91Xj2_c.jpg

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2012, 09:16 AM
some of that is similar to my physical therapy. it's amazing how much i've let myself go from the days of ballet and gymnastics. i'm not doing squats, but rather plee-ays (however you spell that) to work on my hip. i'm starting adult ballet this week though!

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 09:18 AM
i'm starting adult ballet this week though!

That sounds like SO much fun! I wish I could do that.

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
i hope it's fun. i remember ballet as being hell lol. you spend half an hour at the bar and half an hour doing "ballet fitness", whatever that means. i'm just happy i don't have to wear a leotard, pink tights, and a perfect bun anymore.

scenicworld
12-03-2012, 09:44 AM
I've been trying to do that every morning before I get ready for work or every night before I get ready for bed and so far I've been pretty good about it. I also bought an Xbox 360 to replace my broken one so that I can use my kinect and dance/zumba (zumba is HAAARD!!!). Adult ballet sounds fun!

RageAgainstTheAoki
12-03-2012, 10:32 AM
Was on the stairmaster last night. Must be 10 or 11 of them in a row. All of them are vacant except for mine. An elderly Korean woman hops on the one directly to my left and spends the next 20 minutes on the machine staring at me. I mean, right at me in an unending and creepy gaze. I thought I was imagining it or that she was just looking at the tv to my right, but I turned at one point and sure enough she was staring directly at me. Making eye contact and smiling did not dissuade her one bit, either. Soon as I got off, she turned her gaze to the tv in front of her. Have to say, I was exhausted yesterday and thought about getting off the machine before my 30 mins was up, but having Mrs. Kim's eagle eye on me caused me to break through that wall.

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
I have been substitute teaching Zumba classes for my instructor when she's away, and I have two classes to teach this week. :) If I can just get my diet under control i'm hoping the squat-a-thon mixed with Zumba 3-4 x weekly will get me leaner/toned for the new year. But I'd like to look into whether adult ballet is offered around here.

Mugwog
12-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Was on the stairmaster last night. Must be 10 or 11 of them in a row. All of them are vacant except for mine. An elderly Korean woman hops on the one directly to my left and spends the next 20 minutes on the machine staring at me. I mean, right at me in an unending and creepy gaze. I thought I was imagining it or that she was just looking at the tv to my right, but I turned at one point and sure enough she was staring directly at me. Making eye contact and smiling did not dissuade her one bit, either. Soon as I got off, she turned her gaze to the tv in front of her. Have to say, I was exhausted yesterday and thought about getting off the machine before my 30 mins was up, but having Mrs. Kim's eagle eye on me caused me to break through that wall.

And once again, Mrs. Kim would fail to seduce a stranger with her longing gaze

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2012, 10:42 AM

that is so bizarre. maybe she was challenging you to a staring contest and you were failing miserably.

good luck with your search, thatgirl!

amyzzz
12-03-2012, 10:49 AM
I am still working on training my dog on her leash. She does well on very short distances, but we are nowhere near good enough for me to get any amount of exercise myself.

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I am still working on training my dog on her leash. She does well on very short distances, but we are nowhere near good enough for me to get any amount of exercise myself.

Are you using the start/stop method when she pulls? How long do you walk her for?

scenicworld
12-03-2012, 11:02 AM
I have been substitute teaching Zumba classes for my instructor when she's away, and I have two classes to teach this week. :) If I can just get my diet under control i'm hoping the squat-a-thon mixed with Zumba 3-4 x weekly will get me leaner/toned for the new year. But I'd like to look into whether adult ballet is offered around here.

so far all zumba has done is reinforce my belief that I'm terribly uncoordinated!! dance central did the same thing for me at first, so I'm hoping that practice will make me less awkward. some girl friends go to zumba at the gym (funny enough, the one that I work for, and have never gone to) but that's far too intimidating for me.

sounds like you're getting into a nice routine!

amyzzz
12-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Are you using the start/stop method when she pulls? How long do you walk her for?Yes, I wait for her to stop pulling and calm down before I go forward. I walk her to a neighborhood field, take the leash off and let her run, then I walk back. The whole procedure takes 10-15 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes walking.

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
so far all zumba has done is reinforce my belief that I'm terribly uncoordinated!! dance central did the same thing for me at first, so I'm hoping that practice will make me less awkward. some girl friends go to zumba at the gym (funny enough, the one that I work for, and have never gone to) but that's far too intimidating for me.

sounds like you're getting into a nice routine!

Practice makes all the difference with Zumba as several dance sequences (salsa, merengue, mambo) get repeated in the songs. Once you get the hang of them it really helps. The trick is to keep doing it. If you go to it at the gym, remember noone is looking at you- all eyes are on the teacher's feet. :) Less reason to feel self-conscious. I hope you stick with it!

I need to lay off the red wine and pub food if I'm going to see the benefits of this stuff...working on it!

guedita
12-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Do you wear a headband when you zumba?

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes, I wait for her to stop pulling and calm down before I go forward. I walk her to a neighborhood field, take the leash off and let her run, then I walk back. The whole procedure takes 10-15 minutes. Maybe 5 minutes walking.

We have to do two trips to the off leash park every day, and we walk around it in a circle 2x each trip. So it takes about 45 minutess each time. Our girls are so active they'd be terrorists at home if we didn't get them that much exercise.

ThatGirl
12-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Do you wear a headband when you zumba?

I wear a ball cap. A full hour makes you sweat like crazy so you need something for sure.

guedita
12-03-2012, 12:10 PM
I fell off the cheese wagon. Or on it. Whatever.

SepaGroove
12-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Cheese is too good not to eat.

Yolo, guedita. Yolo.

Riggins33
12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Daddy doesn't need tol lose weight. I'm already fit and strong. Just sayin ya'll fatties need tips.

chairmenmeow47
12-03-2012, 05:08 PM
who are you talking to?

Riggins33
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Not u girl, I like the way u work it. No diggity.....

chairmenmeow47
12-11-2012, 04:51 PM
got on the elliptical today, they finally got new ones at my complex that don't squeak! i actually enjoyed it this time. though, i can't tell if i'm doing it right. when i run, i feel like phoebe on friends. and i feel the same way on the elliptical; like i'm super bouncy. should my heels be touching the footpads or is it ok if they come up? should i feel like i'm running and in motion or try to stay in one spot with my hips kinda forward? i feel like i'm not positioning myself right, but i still had fun. and i got an arm workout! i never get those! also, it felt soooooo good to zip up a dress over the weekend that i bought on clearance over a year ago, but could not fit into at the time.

ThatGirl
12-11-2012, 05:20 PM
got on the elliptical today, they finally got new ones at my complex that don't squeak! i actually enjoyed it this time. though, i can't tell if i'm doing it right. when i run, i feel like phoebe on friends. and i feel the same way on the elliptical; like i'm super bouncy. should my heels be touching the footpads or is it ok if they come up? should i feel like i'm running and in motion or try to stay in one spot with my hips kinda forward? i feel like i'm not positioning myself right, but i still had fun. and i got an arm workout! i never get those! also, it felt soooooo good to zip up a dress over the weekend that i bought on clearance over a year ago, but could not fit into at the time.

You can target the muscles you want to work by keeping your feet flat or going up on your toes. You'll get more of a calf workout/ toning by going on your toes, but your quads will work harder if you work to keep your feet flat, although it feels less natural, IMO.

chiapet
12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Bleh. I need to join this thread. I've been absolutely terrible about working out all year. So bad that I didn't even notice that my gym membership expired a couple of months ago... oops. This weekend, I emptied my kitchen of sweets and most refined/packaged foods, so I've been working on switching back to eating whole grains instead of white rice/bread/pasta and have greatly cut back on dairy. Still need to eat far more veggies and fruits though.

I've been copping out of going to the gym so far this week though, I need to stop telling myself that going out dancing is enough exercise. :P

ThatGirl
12-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Yay! Welcome! :)

chairmenmeow47
12-11-2012, 05:39 PM
ha, welcome back! dancing is the best exercise but yeah, it's not enough. though you go out a lot more than i do. emptying the cupboards is key. other than my own personal baking, i haven't kept sweets or bad snacks around for awhile. pistacios, 100 calorie pastry crisps, danon light & fit 80 calorie yogurt, and other assorted 100 calorie packs have been my friend.

thanks, thatgirl. i do want to work my upper legs, it just felt like a lot of work to keep my heels down. maybe i can work my way up to that lol. while i'm sure i'm still burning calories no matter what, i want to make sure i'm doing it correctly so i don't hurt myself. when i tried to keep my hips forward (i tend to arch my back too much and stick out my butt), my lower back starts hurting. it's funny, every other week my physical therapist either tells me to flatten my back or arch it to offset either the back or hip pain with my stretches.

also, a few of my best girlfriends have joined myfitnesspal without us ever talking about it. it's so motivating when i see they were under their calorie goal, i want to be under too!!!

chiapet
12-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Ivy, that ballet fitness class you mentioned sounds really fun. And I do go dancing a lot, but it's not a substitution for working out through the week and I need to do some strength and flexibility training either way.

Regarding calorie goals: I saw you mentioned saving calories until later in the day, and that's what I *prefer* to do too, though I've had the best results when I flipped my calorie allocation and ate the most in the AM (a breakfast and a mid-morning snack), then had a small mid-afternoon meal and only a snack for dinner unless I worked out at night. I don't like doing that - I love eating nice dinners - but I lost weight the most quickly then, and also found that I was less inclined to graze on things in the kitchen all evening.

Mugwog
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Lets see some pictures of booties in the next few weeks

scenicworld
12-11-2012, 06:09 PM
we had a 2 hour presentation from one of our VPs of PT that talked about fitness today. it was really well done and even though it's all stuff that you already know on its own, it's nice to have an all encompassing presentation to put it together. now to try and put it into practice!!

SepaGroove
12-11-2012, 06:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAJs7TbWil8

Karl Hyde must burn mad colories at Underworld shows. The guy dances hard as fuck throughout the whole show.

God I hope these guys grace us with their presence on the fields this year.

chairmenmeow47
12-11-2012, 06:35 PM
well i'm driving on a donut tire and my girlfriend is working on her new house, so we prolly won't get to ballet until the new year since they're closed for the holidays, boo.

and yeah, i feel miserable when i can't have a nice dinner. and eating a big dinner keeps me from grazing. i did find these awesome 10 calorie gelatin cups for when i absolutely feel like i must eat before bed. i may not lose weight as quickly, but saving calories for dinner seems to work. especially when impromptu dinner dates pop up.

good luck, scenicworld!

and i wish i went out more to dance. i always feel great.

ThatGirl
12-11-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm sorry to admit that the squat a thon and I parted ways at day 5.

ThatGirl
12-11-2012, 07:20 PM
and i wish i went out more to dance. i always feel great.

You would probably really enjoy Zumba.

chiapet
12-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Karl Hyde must burn mad colories at Underworld shows. The guy dances hard as fuck throughout the whole show.

Hah. Sometimes I feel like people who see how hard I dance must wonder how I can still be fat.

And yea, I usually feel great when I come home from dancing. Motivation and attitude have a huge impact - dancing all night at a show or all day at a festival burns a TON of calories and I feel wonderful. One hour at the gym burns only a few and I am grumpy thinking about it, and grumpier still when I get home.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 11:18 AM
here's the soft copy of the presentation our Personal Training VP gave yesterday if anyone was curious. it says confidential, but I really don't see how or why it needs to be. the part about labeling was really helpful for me.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11030104/The%20Truth%20About%20Fitness.pdf

VigoTheCarpathian
12-12-2012, 11:21 AM
I bought INSANITY. I tried it once so far and have never felt like a bigger lop in my life

chairmenmeow47
12-12-2012, 11:28 AM
You would probably really enjoy Zumba.

are the zumba dvds or the wii disc any good? i thought about buying one recently, but had a bad experience with the last dance dvd i bought.

SepaGroove
12-12-2012, 11:31 AM
are the zumba dvds or the wii disc any good? i thought about buying one recently, but had a bad experience with the last dance dvd i bought.

My fiance loves Zumba. She lost some weight from doing it too.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 12:11 PM
I have a zumba game for the Kinect but I haven't played it yet. the other dance/fitness games seem to accurately track my movements far better than the wii ever did so I really don't know how well it would work well on the wii since it all depends on that balance board. when I was doing yoga on the wii, I found myself doing poses to please the wii even when it was wrong just so I could get a good score. Videos are great but I feel like they get stale very quick.

chiapet
12-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Hrm, really? I didn't find that on the Wii Yoga games, but I wasn't very good at them either, so I felt like mostly it was making me correct balance/wobbliness in postures, which was OK.

I'm not really a fan of the dance and sports games I've played for Kinect so far. Which ones have you liked?

chairmenmeow47
12-12-2012, 12:27 PM
i have a wii and can't afford an xbox, so i only want wii or dvd options. i'm not really looking for a game to track my movements, but more something that explains things well and is fun. i was a gymnast, was in a children's singing/dance group, and took dance lessons for many years, so i can pick things up quickly and correctly as someone explains things well. i bought this stupid dancersize dvd at target and they do a horrible job of explaining the movements, which aren't very good to begin with.

chiapet
12-12-2012, 12:31 PM
For some reason "dancersize" made me think of

8AfUO8xCbbU

I remember putting on a leotard and dragging my exercise mat in front of the TV to do this on weekends.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 12:47 PM
i have a wii and can't afford an xbox, so i only want wii or dvd options. i'm not really looking for a game to track my movements, but more something that explains things well and is fun. i was a gymnast, was in a children's singing/dance group, and took dance lessons for many years, so i can pick things up quickly and correctly as someone explains things well. i bought this stupid dancersize dvd at target and they do a horrible job of explaining the movements, which aren't very good to begin with.

in that case, I would definitely go with the videos instead of using the wii. the wii just frustrated me when I would do something the right way, but because of the balance board it would think that I didn't.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Hrm, really? I didn't find that on the Wii Yoga games, but I wasn't very good at them either, so I felt like mostly it was making me correct balance/wobbliness in postures, which was OK.

I'm not really a fan of the dance and sports games I've played for Kinect so far. Which ones have you liked?

maybe it wasn't calibrated correctly for me, but in order for me to get a good score on balance and stuff I would have to pose incorrectly and I felt like I was cheating/being cheated. then wiifit called me fat after I put on a few pounds and our relationship has never been the same since. harumph!

you have to get passed the music, but I've had a lot of fun with the Dance Central series. I've heard Just Dance is more fun and less structured, but I haven't played those at all yet. There are at least 2 zumba games out there. I have the Core version but have yet to play since work has been keeping me busy with 16 hour days, but the video makes it look like a somewhat advanced skill game. I also picked up that Jillian Michaels game on reputation only, but after reading the box and booklet I think it's going to be disappointing at best.

amyzzz
12-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Just Dance is pretty fun.

chiapet
12-12-2012, 01:35 PM
I wonder if it has problems detecting center of gravity? You're a lot taller than me, I think. My brother and his wife (who are both tall) played it at my place and had issues too, now that I think about it.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
I have a small area to play in and my height actually causes some issues when I have to reach above my head unless I'm as far back as I can be. it detects me almost all the time besides that. where is your sensor positioned? I've had the best results with it above my TV.

chiapet
12-12-2012, 01:40 PM
My Wii sensor is on the surface my TV is sitting on (less than 2' off the ground). My Kinect one is over my TV (maybe about 4.5' off the ground), and I have problems with that one detecting me no matter where I place is, as I don't think my living room is really deep enough for it.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 01:43 PM
that's how I have my living room set up too. I can barely calibrate the kinect sensor into the "best" setting but I have to be right up against my couch. are you cold blooded? :)

chiapet
12-12-2012, 01:47 PM
Hah. Yea, I can't get mine to calibrate that well. It wants me to be a couple of feet behind my couch/wall.

scenicworld
12-12-2012, 01:59 PM
they have stands, but they are only 3 feet tall. I have space behind my TV that I can use, but without something to hold the sensor above my TV it's rather useless.

amandabomb
12-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Goal for Coachella 2013: lose 10-15 pounds.

Cheap-ass ways I'm going about it (I moved a couple months ago, so no more free gym, and my rent is higher :( ):

*Checking out fitness DVDs from the library, ripping them onto my laptop via Handbrake, and doing living room workouts
*Made a copy of my boss' gym key at the apartment complex by work, so sometimes sneaking in during lunch
*Ordering a little bit extra for lunch (which is paid for by work), eating smaller portions, and finishing the rest for dinner
*Refraining from imbibing too much when I go out, opting for flailing on dance floors instead of chugging down cocktails
*Taking advantage of some of the steep hills around my neighborhood, and running up them
*Living room dance parties

ThatGirl
12-12-2012, 07:02 PM

Apparently the kinect one (with no controllers to have to hang onto) is really good. I have the one for the Wii and the choreography is decent.

chiapet
12-12-2012, 08:06 PM
*Refraining from imbibing too much when I go out, opting for flailing on dance floors instead of chugging down cocktails
*Living room dance parties

These are the main reasons I lost any weight last year, while otherwise being pretty lazy. The drinking especially. The additional upside is that I felt GREAT the morning after dancing until 4AM, when I drink I feel slightly gross the next day and just want to stay in bed or on the couch.

ThatGirl
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
These are the main reasons I lost any weight last year, while otherwise being pretty lazy. The drinking especially. The additional upside is that I felt GREAT the morning after dancing until 4AM, when I drink I feel slightly gross the next day and just want to stay in bed or on the couch.

If I cut out the booze 5-8 lbs disappears within 2 weeks. I just don't want to give it up. But my honey and I have a pact to get on the wagon in January and lean out again. I lost 30lbs 2 years ago, and have only gained back about 7, but its a slippery slope I don't want to slide down again.

chiapet
12-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Well, I haven't cut out booze completely, I just don't drink like I used to. It's nice actually, my tolerance is FAR lower than what it was, so I'm also a cheaper drunk now. Plus I did realize that while I don't frequently get hangovers that are bad enough to complain about, drinking definitely makes me feel kind of run down the next day. So, on the weekends especially, it fed a cycle where I just did nothing productive instead of working out.

ThatGirl
12-12-2012, 09:05 PM
I still work out 3 or 4 x weekly, mostly Zumba, even with a hangover. The morning class gets me out of bed and always makes me feel better if I force myself to go. I think that's been my saving grace as my diet really needs improving.

chairmenmeow47
12-21-2012, 07:03 PM
i've hit a bit of a holiday slump. who's on myfitnesspal? i find that logging in & seeing friends under their calorie goal really motivates me, so add me!

chairmenmeow47

i forced myself on the elliptical today. i used a different one that last time and only burned like half the calories according to the machine. it just seemed really low. anyone else ever feel like the calorie thing on workout machines is off?

ThatGirl
12-21-2012, 07:24 PM
i've hit a bit of a holiday slump. who's on myfitnesspal? i find that logging in & seeing friends under their calorie goal really motivates me, so add me!

chairmenmeow47

i forced myself on the elliptical today. i used a different one that last time and only burned like half the calories according to the machine. it just seemed really low. anyone else ever feel like the calorie thing on workout machines is off?

If you work out and truly sweat and work hard for at least 45 mins don't worry what the machine says. Many of them aren't set right and are off anyway.

chairmenmeow47
01-02-2013, 06:25 PM
after being on the elliptical for awhile now. i really need to invest in a heavy-duty sports bra. my methods just aren't cutting it. i kept having to discretely hold my boobs in place while another guy was in there the other day. is this really what it's come to?!?!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FUyXo4oNL.jpg

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 07:39 AM
I am really trying to eat better. I have cut out sugar and dairy and in 3 weeks I have lost 10 lbs. Some of that could very well be from being sick part of the time, but I am still really happy with it. I am not disciplined enough to work out and being I usually work 7 am - 9 pm, I don't seem to be able to make the time for it. I am hoping that I can get there with my diet mostly, and when I hit a lull start working out then.

ThatGirl
01-03-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm keeping my calories for food within my recommended intake for weight loss. I'm using SparkPeople to count my calories and my carb/protein/fats which is helpful. Just gotta cut out the red wine in the evening but that's a work in progress.

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 07:51 AM
I am actually happy with my alcohol intake lately. I love wine but I have been staying away from it, not easily done!

chairmenmeow47
01-03-2013, 07:53 AM
good work, enluv! it is hard to find time to work out. i usually walk for 20 minutes while at work, but it's been too cold and i haven't been feeling great, so i've put it off. i love using the elliptical, but getting down there is the hardest part. i slacked the last few days.

alcohol intake is definitely the hardest part of counting calories. i've been drinking more lately than usual. time to cut that out and get back on track!!!

also, i gained about 5 holiday pounds and have refused to update my weight on myfitnesspal. i need to just do it to help me find my motivation.

fatbastard
01-03-2013, 07:55 AM
after being on the elliptical for awhile now. i really need to invest in a heavy-duty sports bra. my methods just aren't cutting it. i kept having to discretely hold my boobs in place while another guy was in there the other day. is this really what it's come to?!?!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31FUyXo4oNL.jpg

I could use one of these.

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 08:01 AM
good work, enluv! it is hard to find time to work out. i usually walk for 20 minutes while at work, but it's been too cold and i haven't been feeling great, so i've put it off. i love using the elliptical, but getting down there is the hardest part. i slacked the last few days.

alcohol intake is definitely the hardest part of counting calories. i've been drinking more lately than usual. time to cut that out and get back on track!!!

also, i gained about 5 holiday pounds and have refused to update my weight on myfitnesspal. i need to just do it to help me find my motivation.

Thank you! I hate to admit it, but I literally can't tell one bit of difference. It makes me so mad. When you are really tall I think it takes longer to see the results or something. Or maybe I made that up? Walking is a really good idea, and IDK why I didn't even think about it. I am going to start walking on my lunch break, it is at least something, though IDK how many calories I will actually burn. Better than nothing!

I think everyone gain holiday lbs, I am sure you will get back into it. I have never used myfitnesspal but I am going to look into it. I need something to keep me going. I am so sick of the way I look. I feel disgusting and it is driving me nuts. I see pictures of myself and I am embarrassed.

chiapet
01-03-2013, 08:14 AM
Ivy, if you search full figure sports bras on just about any sports good or bra/underwear site, you'll find lots of options. You may have to order online and try on at home, there aren't many stores that sell larger cup size sports bras at all, and those that do tend to have more the type you've posted.

Here's some examples:
http://www.barenecessities.com/Sports-Bras-Plus-Size-Bras_catalog_nxs,47,style,31.htm
http://www.freshpair.com/womens/bras/sports-bras/size-34F.html

A lot of them look like the "elastic band" type but will have a closure in the back rather than being pull-on.

faxman75
01-03-2013, 08:17 AM
I'm starting a 30 day challenge of 20 minutes of exercise a day. I will star with walking. I hope to start walking to work on Monday until it gets warm and then I will switch to biking. It's about a 1.5 mile walk each way. Walking brings great pain again. I'm probably around 290 at this point. I will be grocery shopping this weekend as well so I stop eating out!

scenicworld
01-03-2013, 08:19 AM
I did really good at avoiding all the junk food, sweets and huge meals over the holidays, but my activity level plummeted to nothing and I gained almost 10 pounds! and since I worked a bunch of shifts to make some of that extra holiday money I always felt really rushed and just grabbed 'quick and easy' food instead of 'good for me' food. I'm not one for new year's resolutions, but I just want to get back on track to where I was a few months ago before I was in and out of the hospital.

When you are really tall I think it takes longer to see the results or something. Or maybe I made that up?

I'm not as tall as you, but it definitely feels that way! but on the positive side it also helps to hide a few pounds too!! :)

I think everyone gain holiday lbs, I am sure you will get back into it. I have never used myfitnesspal but I am going to look into it.

I haven't used myfitnesspal but I am thinking about setting up my bodybugg again. as you know I work for 24 hour in the IT department and one of my main things that I work on is the bodybugg so I can hook myself up with a freebie (anyone else use it?). it's not as good as some of the others on the market but it helps to get a better idea of your calorie intake and burn so that you can get the ideal deficit for weight loss.

Zafocaine
01-03-2013, 08:24 AM
I did really good at avoiding all the junk food, sweets and huge meals over the holidays, but my activity level plummeted to nothing and I gained almost 10 pounds!

You and me both. After last year, I vowed to get into a good shape for Coachella each year. Think I'll start this year by cutting meat products out of my diet for a few months, with weight lifting and long walks mixed in (much like the old days). It just takes one nasty hamburger to get me back to not eating meat. Jack in the box, here I come!

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
I haven't used myfitnesspal but I am thinking about setting up my bodybugg again. as you know I work for 24 hour in the IT department and one of my main things that I work on is the bodybugg so I can hook myself up with a freebie (anyone else use it?). it's not as good as some of the others on the market but it helps to get a better idea of your calorie intake and burn so that you can get the ideal deficit for weight loss.

Our mutual friend ALWAYS has hers on and I want one SO bad, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on it. I really want one though.

chairmenmeow47
01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Thank you! I hate to admit it, but I literally can't tell one bit of difference. It makes me so mad. When you are really tall I think it takes longer to see the results or something. Or maybe I made that up? Walking is a really good idea, and IDK why I didn't even think about it. I am going to start walking on my lunch break, it is at least something, though IDK how many calories I will actually burn. Better than nothing!

I think everyone gain holiday lbs, I am sure you will get back into it. I have never used myfitnesspal but I am going to look into it. I need something to keep me going. I am so sick of the way I look. I feel disgusting and it is driving me nuts. I see pictures of myself and I am embarrassed.

walking at work is an easy way to burn roughly 70-100 calories (depends on weigh, how fast you go, etc.). i keep a pair of sneakers at work. and myfitnesspal is a free calorie and exercise tracker i learned about in the old fitchella thread. i like having friends on there; seeing them log-in below their calorie goal tends to motivate me :)

Ivy, if you search full figure sports bras on just about any sports good or bra/underwear site, you'll find lots of options. You may have to order online and try on at home, there aren't many stores that sell larger cup size sports bras at all, and those that do tend to have more the type you've posted.

Here's some examples:
http://www.barenecessities.com/Sports-Bras-Plus-Size-Bras_catalog_nxs,47,style,31.htm
http://www.freshpair.com/womens/bras/sports-bras/size-34F.html

A lot of them look like the "elastic band" type but will have a closure in the back rather than being pull-on.

thank you!!! i was on bare necessities last night :)

I'm starting a 30 day challenge of 20 minutes of exercise a day. I will star with walking. I hope to start walking to work on Monday until it gets warm and then I will switch to biking. It's about a 1.5 mile walk each way. Walking brings great pain again. I'm probably around 290 at this point. I will be grocery shopping this weekend as well so I stop eating out!

good luck, faxy! walking 20 minutes a day is generally my goal. i know you can do it!!! on a warmer, less-windy day, we should hike n' brunch again!

I did really good at avoiding all the junk food, sweets and huge meals over the holidays, but my activity level plummeted to nothing and I gained almost 10 pounds! and since I worked a bunch of shifts to make some of that extra holiday money I always felt really rushed and just grabbed 'quick and easy' food instead of 'good for me' food. I'm not one for new year's resolutions, but I just want to get back on track to where I was a few months ago before I was in and out of the hospital.

being busy makes it so hard to eat right! best of luck :)

scenicworld
01-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Our mutual friend ALWAYS has hers on and I want one SO bad, but I can't bring myself to spend the money on it. I really want one though.

I got your back :winkiss

being busy makes it so hard to eat right! best of luck :)

so true. but thankfully those days are behind me at least until summer so it's time to get back into good habits :)

I bought a new computer desk a couple months ago, and it's still sitting in a box. the box just so happens to be where my treadmill is so I haven't been able to use it in ages. everyone tells me to just walk/run outside, but there's something about watching mindless television while I walk.

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Ivy, I just signed up! hehe

Zafocaine
01-03-2013, 08:40 AM
I find walking outdoors to be immensely better for me than a treadmill. I like to get my lazy on when I watch a movie or tv show, and I like to get fresh air and see the sights when I walk around. There're also a ton of great places to hike near Coachella once that gets a bit closer.

faxman75
01-03-2013, 08:42 AM
good luck, faxy! walking 20 minutes a day is generally my goal. i know you can do it!!! on a warmer, less-windy day, we should hike n' brunch again!

Thanks. I know I can do it too but i'm sooo lazy. I'm definitely interested in hiking again. With any luck i'll be capable in about 6 weeks. I'm beyond frustrated as i've been battling weight my whole life. I need to just relax and do it. Darn vicious cycle of eating bad and having no energy to exercise.

guedita
01-03-2013, 08:42 AM
What time of day do you like walking the most?

guedita
01-03-2013, 08:43 AM
I prefer walking in place at night when it's around 42 degrees out, smoking an entire pack of cigarettes.

scenicworld
01-03-2013, 08:44 AM
I find walking outdoors to be immensely better for me than a treadmill. I like to get my lazy on when I watch a movie or tv show, and I like to get fresh air and see the sights when I walk around. There're also a ton of great places to hike near Coachella once that gets a bit closer.

I can't watch shows that require concentration, but news, reality television (which I otherwise despise) or a repeat of a sitcom I've seen help to take my mind off that fact that I'm working out. I think it's because I still think of it as a chore...

Zafocaine
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM

Anytime between dusk and dawn is great, especially around 3 am when the world is all but dead. Crisp air, empty streets, moon-lit sidewalks, an absence of consumerism.... real magic. No wonder demons and ninjas prefer the dark.

chiapet
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
I have a stationary bike, which was wonderful for cycling while watching crap TV shows, but I don't have any room for it now because my record collection has taken up all the free space in my living room... :/

Zafocaine
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I can't watch shows that require concentration, but news, reality television (which I otherwise despise) or a repeat of a sitcom I've seen help to take my mind off that fact that I'm working out. I think it's because I still think of it as a chore...

I'm a big fan of music while I walk. I didn't even know I could sing until I started walking regularly with my cd player (years ago when we were all younger, and cooler, and had cd players). When I would use my mom's treadmill back then, I would have to watch MTV (you and me baby ain't nothin but mammals was big around that time lol). Sometimes the music gets kind of old, and you have to resort to actually thinking. I'll let you decide whether that's a good or bad thing haha

scenicworld
01-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I wake up at 5am for work as it is, so waking up any earlier is nearly impossible. I tend to workout between 8 and 9 after I've relaxed a little bit and had dinner and before my evening shower.

faxman75
01-03-2013, 10:33 AM

I don't have a preference. Lunch hour is fun because there are people around to see me huffing, puffing, waddling (literally) and then the painful look on my face when I need to rest for a minute before carrying on.

I made it .8 miles before the numness in the lower back and pain above the ankles caused me to stop. I rested for about 2 minutes and then walked back. Then I had to stop again a block away. This pain nonsense goes away after I do this for a few weeks. An early goal for me is to walk to and from work (just over 3 miles round trip) and walk on lunch hour while drinking more water and starting to change poor eating habits.

1.5 miles in 25 minutes. I paused the timer for the 2 stops I made. It was about 48 degrees and I was still sweating at the end of it.

Zafocaine
01-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I like to start my diet at least a couple weeks before I get heavy into physical training of any sort. That way the body has had time to lose a couple pounds or so, which makes the job that much easier. I ought to go back to working construction, really. Avoiding meat, and working construction got me into the best shape of my life. Had me climbing walls n' shit. Biking can be pretty fun too, if you know where to go. Try biking up a steep grade until you can't bike any farther, then sit back and enjoy the downhill you just earned =) After a week or two of doing this every other day or so (every day, after you do it for so long), you'll see your progress. Once you get comfortable walking that 1.5, try adding jogging into the walk. It all adds up!

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 10:41 AM
Well, I am walking on my break today! You guys motivated me to get out of the office and get some shit done!

Neighborhood Creep
01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
I hate gyms so I just bought a ski pass the other day. I'm shooting to go 3-4 times a week for at least 3 hours.

Godspeed
01-03-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm just a young, decently built bro. I am currently 205 lbs, 6'3". Definitely looking to add some muscle for chella this year. Tired of having a mini gut too. Time to drink some brotein and hit the weights with all the NYresolution turds.

scenicworld
01-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Well, I am walking on my break today! You guys motivated me to get out of the office and get some shit done!

I need to follow Ivy's lead and keep some sneakers here at work. I want to go for a walk but I wore heels today!

faxman75
01-03-2013, 11:05 AM
Once you get comfortable walking that 1.5, try adding jogging into the walk. It all adds up!

Good point on the starting the diet first, i'm definitely doing things backwards a little this time. I tend to do great when I kickstart things low carb and then slowly add a balanced diet. I was on a roll for about 7 months in 2011. I was jogging in the morning before work, walking at lunch and hiking after work. If I remember correctly my best treadmill workout was 18 minutes at 5.5 mph without stopping. That's a fast jog for me as i'm short. At the time I was 5'7 255 pounds after starting at 300 even. I had it going pretty good, I was even exercising on vacation, hotel gyms in Vegas, hiking in Hollywood with friends etc. So I at least know what i'm capable of and what I can get back to.

marooko
01-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Got a kettlebell for Christmas, and just hit the gym last night for the first time in about a month. Not for chella, just for life. Whatever it my be, I'm glad some of you are finding motivation. For those that aren't, the buddy system seems very beneficial for many. Sure that's been covered, so goo luck to everyone.

And fuck that kettlebell, it's kicking my ass!!

Godspeed
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
Got a kettlebell for Christmas, and just hit the gym last night for the first time in about a month. Not for chella, just for life. Whatever it my be, I'm glad some of you are finding motivation. For those that aren't, the buddy system seems very beneficial for many. Sure that's been covered, so goo luck to everyone.

And fuck that kettlebell, it's kicking my ass!!

Kettlebells are credited. They help build solid foundational strength. I have a 40lb that I use for a ton of shit. I finally got my gym membership, but I'll definitely use the bell here and there.

SepaGroove
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
I hate gyms so I just bought a ski pass the other day. I'm shooting to go 3-4 times a week for at least 3 hours.

Just went snowboarding and my legs are on fire.

It was a great workout, and I was able to drink and smoke a lil ganja while doing it.

Neighborhood Creep
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Just went snowboarding and my legs are on fire.

It was a great workout, and I was able to drink and smoke a lil ganja while doing it.

Defeats the purpose but I am always guilty of that as well haha. It's nice to loosen up on the hills

ENluv12
01-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Just got back from my walk. I feel great! Kicked my ass. I went a but was goign fast the whole time. yay

scenicworld
01-03-2013, 12:00 PM
^good job!

Chillzzz
01-03-2013, 02:16 PM
Fitchella doesn't officially start for me till line up comes out but I'm hoping and praying that my knee tendonitis doesn't flare up again.

SepaGroove
01-03-2013, 07:05 PM
It's nice to loosen up on the hills

Word.

chairmenmeow47
01-03-2013, 07:48 PM
smoking and having a little sip of the glenlivet helps push me to go faster on the slopes, i like it :)

and my new sports bra is fabulous, hooray! i literally could only find one brand of bra in the entire mall to try on; and there's like three sporty shops like lululemon and shit. fuck those bitches. i got a wacoal sport underwire. it's cute in a dark pink colour so it doesn't look like a granny bra, and you can adjust the straps in the back with hooks instead of those pull things that always wear out. i felt much more confident on the elliptical right next to the hottie on the treadmill today. so glad i pushed myself to get on there today, i've been slacking on my pimping this week.

RageAgainstTheAoki
01-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Do any of the serious lifters on here use weightlifting straps or hooks? I do all my cardio (HIIT) at the gym, but save all my weightlifting for home exclusively using select-tech dumbbells. I use gloves when lifting, but in the last few months I've come to a point at which I am lifting a significant amount of weight. There are many reasons why dumbbells are great for weightlifting but one of the downsides is that when you start lifting a significant amount of weight you end up putting a great deal of stress on your hands and wrists and forearms even when those are not the muscles being targeted in the specific exercises (ex: deadlifts).

I'm at a point now at which at about 3/4 of the way into a workout (especially on back days) I'm struck with "grip fatigue". At that point the muscles that I'm supposed to be working with those particular exercises still have the capacity to work out but my hands are so over strained from holding the dumbbells that they can no longer grip. I do exercises for the forearms wrists and hands and I've been told I have a pretty strong grip. I'm looking for anyone who has experience using weightlifting straps or hooks. Cheers!

(Oh, and, excuse any typos. Had to use Siri for most of this Message and she doesn't always recognize my accent)

ENluv12
01-04-2013, 07:47 AM
When I was lifting in college I used the straps quite a bit for squatting mainly. I always thought they helped out quite a bit, but other girls on my team were indifferent (though they didn't always lift as much as me). I think it is a to each their own situation, but I would recommend giving it a shot. Sorry I am not much help here.

scenicworld
01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
I have a stationary bike, which was wonderful for cycling while watching crap TV shows, but I don't have any room for it now because my record collection has taken up all the free space in my living room... :/

I was looking at those space-saving stationary bikes on amazon a few weeks ago and almost bought one that folds up into a corner or closet but they just look so cheaply made and I expect them to break within a few months so I didn't get one. I kind of want to get a real bike to ride around town, but I'd prefer if I had some friends to ride with before I spend so much on something that ultimately might take up space in my garage.

scenicworld
01-04-2013, 08:34 AM
oh, and I managed to get in a little workout last night thanks to the inspiration in this thread! thanks everyone!!

ENluv12
01-04-2013, 08:38 AM
oh, and I managed to get in a little workout last night thanks to the inspiration in this thread! thanks everyone!!

Nice job!!!

SepaGroove
01-04-2013, 08:42 AM

Nice! That's where you'll get an edge, and really start to get in get shape.

Those little workouts that you just sneak in when you're bored late at night.

Even if you've already worked out that day, if you're bored and not tired why not?

faxman75
01-08-2013, 10:38 AM
Hi friends. Just checking in. I'm still getting started but I can see a nice routine starting until the weather warms a bit. I started biking to work again this week. That's just over 3 miles round trip. I am also walking on my lunch break which is about 1.6 miles in 25 minutes with one stop halfway through. I have just started watching what I eat too.

Today's meals:
Breakfast:2 strips of bacon and two eggs sunny side up
snacks: apple and a 220 calorie bag of animal crackers
Lunch: Broccoli and taco meat
afternoon snack: Banana and maybe an orange if i'm still hungry.
Dinner: Lean ground beef patty (aprox 3/4 pound) and green beans with fresh onions and green peppers mixed in.

How is everyone else doing?

ENluv12
01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
I am down 6 lbs! I am getting a little frustrated bc I can't really tell a difference.... BUT Ivy has been so awesome and motivating lately! She added me on myfitnesspal and it has helped me a ton. I am trying to stay motivated... One day at a time.

Mr. Fuzz
01-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Do any of the serious lifters on here use weightlifting straps or hooks? I do all my cardio (HIIT) at the gym, but save all my weightlifting for home exclusively using select-tech dumbbells. I use gloves when lifting, but in the last few months I've come to a point at which I am lifting a significant amount of weight. There are many reasons why dumbbells are great for weightlifting but one of the downsides is that when you start lifting a significant amount of weight you end up putting a great deal of stress on your hands and wrists and forearms even when those are not the muscles being targeted in the specific exercises (ex: deadlifts).

I'm at a point now at which at about 3/4 of the way into a workout (especially on back days) I'm struck with "grip fatigue". At that point the muscles that I'm supposed to be working with those particular exercises still have the capacity to work out but my hands are so over strained from holding the dumbbells that they can no longer grip. I do exercises for the forearms wrists and hands and I've been told I have a pretty strong grip. I'm looking for anyone who has experience using weightlifting straps or hooks. Cheers!

(Oh, and, excuse any typos. Had to use Siri for most of this Message and she doesn't always recognize my accent)

I only use the barbell and I never use clips. The only exersizes that I do are squats, bench, bentover row, deadlifts, shoulder press, curls, calf raises and upright rows. Personally, I don't want to be "strapped" in with my wieght. Why don't you switch to using a barbell?

Chillzzz
01-08-2013, 11:18 AM
[QUOTE=RageAgainstTheAoki;2608192]Do any of the serious lifters on here use weightlifting straps or hooks? I do all my cardio (HIIT) at the gym, but save all my weightlifting for home exclusively using select-tech dumbbells. I use gloves when lifting, but in the last few months I've come to a point at which I am lifting a significant amount of weight. There are many reasons why dumbbells are great for weightlifting but one of the downsides is that when you start lifting a significant amount of weight you end up putting a great deal of stress on your hands and wrists and forearms even when those are not the muscles being targeted in the specific exercises (ex: deadlifts).

I've worked with D-1 athletes for three years and we don't allow ththem to use straps belts or any gimicks. Though these devices serve a purpose they mimick what your muscles should be doing so in the long run your actually hampering your development. The more you do these exercises without the straps the stronger your forarms (brachioradialis, and wrist flexor/extensors) will become. You need to let your grip catch up or you could be susceptible to injury. But that's just my two cents.

sonofhal
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
I did a shit today that reduced my weight by around 5lbs.