PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football '12

Pages : [1] 2 3

bobert
07-31-2012, 12:17 PM
I feel like everyone who participated and managed their team last year should have a reserved place this year. I also thought Fourthisto was a good commish and I'd nominate him again unless he'd like someone else to take the reigns.

TickleMeElmo
07-31-2012, 12:21 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. Totally in. Any rule changes to propose. I can't remember but was the league PPR? If not it should be.

bobert
07-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I was thinking about this the other day. Totally in. Any rule changes to propose. I can't remember but was the league PPR? If not it should be.

I don't care one way or another about PPR, but I definitely think our trade policy should be different this year. Since 90% of trades are fairly straightforward, the Commissioner should approve all trades and only in cases of suspected collusion or in a situation where the competitive balance of the league would be upset (i.e. a team that is already out of playoff contention trading with a top-tier team) should it be brought to a vote before the league. That way trades can be made later in the week and the players can be made available immediately (if approved.) Last year I traded Aaron Hernandez for Antonio Gates on a Wednesday afternoon and I wasn't even able to use Gates that weekend because I had to wait and see if anyone objected. That's nonsense.

TickleMeElmo
07-31-2012, 12:35 PM
I think I was the one doing that trade with you too :(

Also I propose that 6 teams make the playoffs for the final 3 weeks, not 4 for the final two. Top 2 seeds get byes on week 14.

bobert
07-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Also I propose that 6 teams make the playoffs for the final 3 weeks, not 4 for the final two. Top 2 seeds get byes on week 14.

I like that as well.

ThomThom
07-31-2012, 01:27 PM
I think I was the one doing that trade with you too :(

I love this idea.

EDIT: I also love Bobby for starting this thread.

bobert
07-31-2012, 01:38 PM
As soon as we get a roll call of all the knuckleheads we should try and decide on a draft date sooner rather than later. It seems like Yahoo gets more and more traffic every year and many of the prime evenings get booked pretty quick.

PlayaDelWes
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Here's what I've seen so far.

From Last Year's League
Fourhisto – Confirmed for 2012
TickleMeElmo – Confirmed for 2012
LickTheLizzard – Confirmed for 2012
Bobert – Confirmed for 2012
Playadelwes – Confirmed for 2012
ManImCool
Faxman75
MistaGlitch
Buddy
Vasoline Groove
Cheddar's Cousin
Snarf

New Interest:
Brematale111
BlueDevil50
ThomThom

If there is enough interest for two leagues, I wouldn't mind hosting a 2nd one with an Auction Draft.

Riggins33
07-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Ohh man I cant imagine playing fantasy with all you nerds, I would go undefeated....You smelly hippies should leave the sports to guys like me..

Phunkevil
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Ohh man I cant imagine playing fantasy with all you nerds, I would go undefeated....You smelly hippies should leave the sports to guys like me..

I'm shocked someone of your mental capacity can even understand fantasy football.

Riggins33
07-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Considering I graduated from da college, probz a betta college den you....ANDz played 2 years of varsity football, while you were sucking on your dads titties....... Ya'z I can handle da foosball.

bobert
07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Here's what I've seen so far.

From Last Year's League
Fourhisto – Confirmed for 2012
ManImCool
Faxman75
MistaGlitch
Buddy
Vasoline Groove
Cheddar's Cousin
Snarf

New Interest:
Brematale111
BlueDevil50
ThomThom

If there is enough interest for two leagues, I wouldn't mind hosting a 2nd one with an Auction Draft.

Since Faxman didn't draft and didn't manage his team, I think his spot should be up for grabs. I nominate ThomThom.

gillster17
07-31-2012, 02:30 PM
If there are any openings I would love a chance to get in one!

Aphxtwinin
07-31-2012, 02:55 PM
I would like to join in if possible! I'm active the whole season.

buddy
07-31-2012, 03:20 PM
Sure, count me in again

gillster17
07-31-2012, 03:39 PM
Do you guys do a prize or a buy in?

theklein25
07-31-2012, 03:47 PM
I would love to join. I'm very active when it comes to fantasy sports.

BlueDevil50
07-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Auction draft would be awesome...totally in for that.

TickleMeElmo
07-31-2012, 04:29 PM
We could do either a second auction league or do a deluxe league on myfantasyleague.com. It would include 24 teams divided by two divisions, each with their own separate rosters but joint playoffs, as in top 4 teams from both divisions (total of 8) square off in weeks 14-16.

bobert
07-31-2012, 04:42 PM
We could do either a second auction league or do a deluxe league on myfantasyleague.com. It would include 24 teams divided by two divisions, each with their own separate rosters but joint playoffs, as in top 4 teams from both divisions (total of 8) square off in weeks 14-16.

I think two leagues would be better. I don't like the idea of possibly playing a team that has the same players as me.

Also, Wes, should you decide to start a separate auction league, I would be in for that as well.

buddy
07-31-2012, 04:44 PM
Did we ever get a picture with Wes and the trophy?

ManImCool
07-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Count me in as confirmed from last year's league.

ManImCool
07-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh and I remember there was talk last year of increasing the buy in fees to $30, such that with a 12 man league that we had last year the winner (takes all) basically gets their Coachella ticket for free. I think the buy in last year was $10?

I'm also for fourthisto to be the commish again, if he's willing.

bobert
07-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Oh and I remember there was talk last year of increasing the buy in fees to $30, such that with a 12 man league that we had last year the winner (takes all) basically gets their Coachella ticket for free. I think the buy in last year was $10?

Sounds good to me. With that amount should second place at least get something? Like $30 - break even?

bobert
07-31-2012, 05:26 PM
From Last Year's League
Fourthisto – Confirmed for 2012
ManImCool - Confirmed for 2012
Faxman75
MistaGlitch
Buddy - Confirmed for 2012
Vasoline Groove
Cheddar's Cousin
Snarf

New Interest:
Brematale111
BlueDevil50
ThomThom

Aphxtwinin
07-31-2012, 07:51 PM
So I don't get counted in the "New Interest" category?!

edit: Thank You kind sir

Riggins33
07-31-2012, 07:52 PM
I would play in this but I'm gonna give you hipsters a couple of years to study the names of players and the game a little more. I think it's cute that you guys try to play fantasy football, Especially Bobert.

ManImCool
07-31-2012, 09:39 PM
Some of us aren't hipsters. Some of us wear football jerseys when we fist pump in the Sahara.

Vasoline Groove
07-31-2012, 09:43 PM

I'm also for fourthisto to be the commish again, if he's willing.

Well I'm claiming my spot before its too late. Also for Fourthisto and upping the buy in.

bobert
08-01-2012, 01:07 AM
I would play in this but I'm gonna give you hipsters a couple of years to study the names of players and the game a little more. I think it's cute that you guys try to play fantasy football, Especially Bobert.

On a scale of Gabbert to Brady, how much are you dying to get into this league?

Riggins33
08-01-2012, 02:26 AM
I play in two big money leagues, and I have actual friends to play with, not internet friends. Grossman.

ThomThom
08-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Not sure why I'm under the "new interest" category when I was in the league last year...

I'M SHAKING MY HEAD

PlayaDelWes
08-01-2012, 08:22 AM
From Last Year's League
Vasoline Groove - Confirmed for 2012
ThomThom - Confirmed for 2012
Faxman75*
MistaGlitch*
Cheddar's Cousin*

*I suggest giving these guys through Sunday 8/5 to decide

New Interest:
Brematale111
BlueDevil50
gillster17
theklein25
Aphxtwinin
citizenerased

In for Wes' (possible) Auction League:
PlayaDelWes
BlueDevil50
bobert
gillster17

I never received the trophy.

I play in two big money leagues, and I have actual friends to play with, not internet friends.http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/198/010/tysonreaction.gif

ManImCool
08-01-2012, 08:47 AM
I play in two big money leagues, and I have actual friends to play with, not internet friends. Grossman.

You say this like you're the only person in here that plays in other big money leagues with actual friends you see regularly. At the end of the day, you're just another nerd in front of a computer in the eyes of a NFL player. You're also probably managing your time poorly if you're editing your Coachella fantasy football forum posts at 3:32 AM on a Tuesday night when you should be spending more time on bleacherreport or rotowire.

gillster17
08-01-2012, 09:09 AM
So if those other guys do not respond and you put in all the new interest people you could do a 14 team league which makes it a lot different and uglier at the end of the draft, but it is quite a challenge. Also I would be interested in the auction I have only done baseball ones but I would try it out.

TickleMeElmo
08-01-2012, 09:28 AM
I participate in a 14 team league. Free agency can get really cut throat in the second half of the season but it can be challenging in a good way. Trades are also more important but occur less often. I wouldn't mind a 14 team league if that would include everybody but 12 team leagues seem the most balanced. Thing can get pretty unbalanced quickly in bigger leagues.

Phunkevil
08-01-2012, 09:29 AM
You say this like you're the only person in here that plays in other big money leagues with actual friends you see regularly. At the end of the day, you're just another nerd in front of a computer in the eyes of a NFL player. You're also probably managing your time poorly if you're editing your Coachella fantasy football forum posts at 3:32 AM on a Tuesday night when you should be spending more time on bleacherreport or rotowire.

When his penis isn't in another man's mouth he trolls the message board. That's all he's doing.

Riggins33
08-01-2012, 10:20 AM
When his penis isn't in another man's mouth he trolls the message board. That's all he's doing.

Ok well let me take my penis out your mouth.

Yawn, you're bad at this.

citizenerased
08-01-2012, 10:26 AM
You can put me under new interest, thanks

brematale111
08-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Count me in

ManImCool
08-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I've played everything between 8-14 person leagues, and I'd rather avoid 14 at all costs. Depending on the new interest/returning players and if the number of people play out a certain way I'd prefer 2 smaller leagues over one big one. In my humble opinion.

gillster17
08-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Well I would do anything but 8 team leagues, I find those teams to ridiculously stacked.... so if you can get 20 to agree i think it would be cool to do two ten team leagues and the two winners from those league settle who is the champ of the overall coachella league by overall points on the season..... Or just keep them separate ha

Fourthisto
08-06-2012, 07:00 AM
Thanks for rattling my cage, Bobert - I just got back from vacation (and boy are my arms tired!! ... wait) and am willing to set this up and run the show again. Seems like it's been forever since we did this. For those owners who are signing up again for the new season, I've sent you invites this morning. Details of draft date/time and other important discussion points to be hashed out soon.

Although I do feel the need to clear the air on something immediately:

Embarassingly enough, when I was unpacking some stuff from my recent move right before leaving for vacation, I stumbled across that trophy and therefore realized I had never sent it due to never getting Wes' address. I'm sending him a note to remedy this post-haste.

Edited to add: I'd also be in for the separate Auction league if we have one.

PlayaDelWes
08-06-2012, 07:08 AM
I'm sending him a note to remedy this post-haste.Your inbox is full.

Fourthisto
08-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Your inbox is full.

Whoops! Try again, and I'll send out the goods this week.

Fourthisto
08-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Okay, email invites sent to confirmed owners on the list below from last year.

Coachella Championship '12 Participants

Awaiting word from:

MistaGlitch*
Cheddar's Cousin*
Brematale111*

*Sending PMs

Waiting list:

BlueDevil50
gillster17
theklein25
Aphxtwinin
citizenerased

gillster17
08-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Okay, email invites sent to confirmed owners on the list below from last year.

Fourthisto Confirmed for 2012
TickleMeElmo Confirmed for 2012
LickTheLizzard Confirmed for 2012
Bobert Confirmed for 2012
Playadelwes Confirmed for 2012

Awaiting word from:

Faxman75*
MistaGlitch*
Cheddar's Cousin*

*Sending PMs

Waiting list:

Brematale111
BlueDevil50
gillster17
theklein25
Aphxtwinin
citizenerased

So when are the wait list guys going to get a chance and how are ya going to decide it. I just found out one of my leagues is disbanding so I'd love to get in one more.

Mugwog
08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
I say the Redskins are gonna win this year.

Vasoline Groove
08-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I say the Redskins are gonna win this year.

Thats what I like to hear. They should be better than last year. I still owe Fourthisto a lemonade for our Redskins bet from last year. I'll go double or nothing with you this year if you want to pick an over/under. Vegas has Washington at 6.5 right now.

Fourthisto
08-07-2012, 06:01 AM
We have a total of seven owners (including myself) who have signed up through the invite that was emailed out yesterday.

Still looking for the following guy who confirmed in this thread to complete the sign up process on our league site:

If you need another invite emailed to you, let me know via PM.

So when are the wait list guys going to get a chance and how are ya going to decide it. I just found out one of my leagues is disbanding so I'd love to get in one more. I've sent Messages out to the three owners who haven't committed one way or the other. I figure they should have until the end of the week to chime in. If one or more of them (or someone who expressed interest initially and has second thoughts) back out, then we'll go in order of the waiting list.

UPDATE - Faxy Shazam has decided to not play this year, so Brematale111 is now on the clock! PM sent.

I still owe Fourthisto a lemonade for our Redskins bet from last year. I'll go double or nothing with you this year if you want to pick an over/under. Vegas has Washington at 6.5 right now. Hmmm. Tempting! Let me look at their schedule and I'll get back to you.

TomServo
08-07-2012, 05:32 PM
I would 100% be interested in an auction league, if you run one, Wes. I luuuurv auction leagues.

PlayaDelWes
08-07-2012, 07:02 PM
Eeentristed in Wes' (possible) Auction League:
PlayaDelWes
BlueDevil50
bobert
gillster17
TomServo
theklein25

kucky21
08-08-2012, 09:32 AM
I see I am a little late. I would be interested in joining. If you could add me the list that would be great.
Thanks!

Fourthisto
08-08-2012, 10:04 AM
Nine Spots taken, this list is updated as of right now:

Fourthisto – Confirmed for 2012, signed up through the Yahoo site.
TickleMeElmo – Confirmed for 2012, signed up
LickTheLizzard – Confirmed for 2012, signed up
Bobert – Confirmed for 2012, signed up
Playadelwes – Confirmed for 2012, signed up
ManImCool - Confirmed for 2012, signed up
Buddy - Confirmed for 2012, signed up
Vasoline Groove - Confirmed for 2012, signed up
Brematale111 - signed up

ThomThom - Confirmed for 2012 (Sent PM & Invite)

Awaiting word from:

MistaGlitch*
Cheddar's Cousin*

*Sent PMs, they have until Monday to reply

Waiting list:

BlueDevil50
gillster17
theklein25
Aphxtwinin
citizenerased
kucky21

Once the league is filled up, I will send out emails with instructions on how to pay the $30 buy in.

I am OK if you guys want to make it where first place gets $330 and second gets their money back.... I saw where that was brought up here. If the majority are OK with that, we'll go ahead and set it up this way.

I reduced the waiver and trade voting process to be each 1 day... I thought that was fair.

Any other suggestions/topics for league discussion?

buddy
08-08-2012, 12:49 PM
How about first gets 230, second 100, third gets 30?

ManImCool
08-08-2012, 12:58 PM
How about first gets 230, second 100, third gets 30?

The idea of increasing the buy-in was that first place gets their coachella ticket basically paid for, which is how we arrived at increasing it to $30. Winner should take all or basically all and I guess 2nd place could get their money back. But ideally winner = free coachella.

bobert
08-08-2012, 01:01 PM
I reduced the waiver and trade voting process to be each 1 day... I thought that was fair.

Any other suggestions/topics for league discussion?

One day voting process is better than two. I personally think that having the commissioner approve all trades is the way to go - only putting it to a vote if something seems fishy. Since the responsibility would fall on you I certainly understand if you have a different opinion.

For example, say I wish to trade Ray Rice for Lasean McCoy - one top five pick for another. In my opinion, no other member of the league should have a say in whether or not that trade happens. Not wanting one your rivals to improve their team is not a valid reason for voting down a trade, yet that is the #1 reason why most people choose to do so. If we keep a voting policy for all trades it would be nice if everyone kept that in mind. It's not the league's job to ensure that every trade is fair and balanced, it's simply to ensure that there is no collusion between owners and that nobody is cheating.

bobert
08-08-2012, 01:03 PM
The idea of increasing the buy-in was that first place gets their coachella ticket basically paid for, which is how we arrived at increasing it to $30. Winner should take all or basically all and I guess 2nd place could get their money back. But ideally winner = free coachella.

Agreed. I think 2nd place should get their buyin back - $330 is close enough to a three day pass IMO.

buddy
08-08-2012, 01:08 PM
I think i'll pass then, if that's the case

edit: i deleted my team, so that'll give someone on the wait list a try. i'm already on a couple leagues, so thanks for offer, though.

Cheddar's Cousin
08-08-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm out.

Vasoline Groove
08-08-2012, 07:08 PM
One day voting process is better than two. I personally think that having the commissioner approve all trades is the way to go - only putting it to a vote if something seems fishy. Since the responsibility would fall on you I certainly understand if you have a different opinion.

For example, say I wish to trade Ray Rice for Lasean McCoy - one top five pick for another. In my opinion, no other member of the league should have a say in whether or not that trade happens. Not wanting one your rivals to improve their team is not a valid reason for voting down a trade, yet that is the #1 reason why most people choose to do so. If we keep a voting policy for all trades it would be nice if everyone kept that in mind. It's not the league's job to ensure that every trade is fair and balanced, it's simply to ensure that there is no collusion between owners and that nobody is cheating.

I'm happy with $30 buy in and having Fourthisto approve trades. He did a bang up job last year and I trust his FF acumen.

PlayaDelWes
08-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Sounds good. Same teams?

BlueDevil50
08-08-2012, 11:12 PM
Awaiting my invite :thu

theklein25
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM
I will do the auction league if the buy in is cheap, or free.

brematale111
08-09-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm not too sure how thrilled I am about an auction league...

Fourthisto
08-10-2012, 07:20 AM
UPDATED:

Brematale111 - signed up
ThomThom - Confirmed for 2012, signed up
gillster17 - signed up
MistaGlitch - invite sent

Awaiting word from:

BlueDevil50 *

*Sent PM, need email address for invite

On the bubble (only invited if someone doesn't pay the entry fee or has to drop out before the draft):

theklein25
Aphxtwinin
citizenerased
kucky21

I personally think that having the commissioner approve all trades is the way to go - only putting it to a vote if something seems fishy. Since the responsibility would fall on you I certainly understand if you have a different opinion.

I'm happy with $30 buy in and having Fourthisto approve trades. He did a bang up job last year and I trust his FF acumen.

Well then, if that's the case then I will switch it to "Commissioner Approved" trades. HOWEVER, since I am in the league as well that becomes kind of a shady arrangement. Not that I don't trust myself, I wouldn't try to do some sort of BS, but let's say I DO make a trade... would it make some sense to have the league vote on that one?

Sending PM now, give me your email address and you'll get the invite! :cool:

gillster17
08-10-2012, 08:24 AM
I pm'd ya also. Do you guys do waiver wire where it's the worst team or budget waiver

Fourthisto
08-10-2012, 09:29 AM
I pm'd ya also. Do you guys do waiver wire where it's the worst team or budget waiver

Invite emailed.

This is how we do waivers:

In a normal waivers systems, waiver priority determines which manager's request is processed first.

Continual rolling list: waiver claims are processed in waiver priority order and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list

With the priority list initially created by reversing the draft order.

gillster17
08-12-2012, 05:12 PM
So any idea on draft date and time because i think i will have another one on the 25th... if there is any chance we can do it at night during the week that would be awesome!!!

TickleMeElmo
08-12-2012, 06:57 PM
I say keep it where it's scheduled now on the 31st.

LickTheLizzard
08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
I'll be at Disneyland that day, then FYF that weekend. Id rather not have to auto draft this year.

bobert
08-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I think it's a bad idea to hold the draft on a weekend - especially labor day weekend.

TickleMeElmo
08-13-2012, 11:17 AM
If Friday doesn't work for people then I'd vote for the Tuesday or Thursday before.

Fourthisto
08-13-2012, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the feedback re: Draft Day ... our options, as it seems now:

Tuesday, 8/28 - 6PM Pacific (9 Eastern)

Thursday, 8/30 - 6PM Pacific (9 Eastern)

bobert
08-13-2012, 11:33 AM
Well then, if that's the case then I will switch it to "Commissioner Approved" trades. HOWEVER, since I am in the league as well that becomes kind of a shady arrangement. Not that I don't trust myself, I wouldn't try to do some sort of BS, but let's say I DO make a trade... would it make some sense to have the league vote on that one?

Yeah, if a majority of the owners raise an objection to a trade involving the commissioner (this can be done on the league message board), then that trade should be overruled. But honestly every league I've been involved in has never had a problem with this policy.

bobert
08-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback re: Draft Day ... our options, as it seems now:

Tuesday, 8/28 - 6PM Pacific (9 Eastern)

Thursday, 8/30 - 6PM Pacific (9 Eastern)

Either of those days work for me. Tuesday would be my preference.

gillster17
08-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Lets do thursday im seeing desaprecidios in sf on tuesday

Fourthisto
08-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Thursday night 8/30 is fine by me, if there aren't any objections I'll set that up on the site.

Awaiting your reply to my PM, need your email address for the invite :thu

BlueDevil50
08-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Thursday night 8/30 is fine by me, if there aren't any objections I'll set that up on the site.

Awaiting your reply to my PM, need your email address for the invite :thu

PM'd ya!

Fourthisto
08-15-2012, 04:42 AM
Got it, the invite was sent about two minutes ago.

As soon as BlueDevil50 signs up, we're at capacity! Emails with details about the buy-in will be sent out once we're full. Paypal payments will be due by 8/25 or your team will be deleted and someone else will take your spot.

UPDATED:

Brematale111 - signed up
ThomThom - Confirmed for 2012, signed up
gillster17 - signed up
MistaGlitch - signed up
BlueDevil50 - signed up

On the bubble (only invited if someone doesn't pay the entry fee):

theklein25
Aphxtwinin
citizenerased
kucky21

PlayaDelWes
08-15-2012, 07:35 PM
The draft for my other Yahoo league is on 8/30. Can we push this draft back to 9pm Pacific on 8/30? I'm also booked until 9pm on Wed the 29th as well. All other days work for me.

LickTheLizzard
08-15-2012, 11:11 PM
8/30 @ 9pm Pacific is perfect for me. I hope my hotel has free wifi.

Fourthisto
08-16-2012, 04:32 AM
The latest I can make it is for 8:45 Pacific, 11:45 Eastern. That work with everybody?

Fourthisto
08-16-2012, 06:48 AM
The league is full.... :cool:

I've sent out the invoices through Paypal for the $30 buy-in fees... payments are due by 8/25.

PlayaDelWes
08-16-2012, 07:31 AM
8:45 PM it is!

Fourthisto
08-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Participant List:

Fourthisto – Paid
Playadelwes – Paid
ManImCool - Paid
TickleMeElmo - Paid
Vasoline Groove - Paid
Bobert - Paid

LickTheLizzard
Brematale111
ThomThom
gillster17
MistaGlitch
BlueDevil50

bobert
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM
The league is full.... :cool:

I've sent out the invoices through Paypal for the $30 buy-in fees... payments are due by 8/25.

I'm pretty sure if you request money through PayPal they will take a cut of the payment. The remaining unpaid league members should just cancel your invoices and send you a "personal" payment for $30 so you don't wind up eating PayPal's fees x 11. I'll send as soon I get home.

gillster17
08-16-2012, 10:59 PM
im sending my payment on the 22nd when i get paid... also if the auction draft is still being contemplated im going to have to drop out i have three leagues and cant really do anymore

Fourthisto
08-17-2012, 04:38 AM
I'm pretty sure if you request money through PayPal they will take a cut of the payment. The remaining unpaid league members should just cancel your invoices and send you a "personal" payment for $30 so you don't wind up eating PayPal's fees x 11. I'll send as soon I get home. I think they changed their policies to take a cut no matter what you do now. I'm not worried about it, but if you want to send the funds a different way to see what happens I'm all for it.

im sending my payment on the 22nd when i get paid... also if the auction draft is still being contemplated im going to have to drop out i have three leagues and cant really do anymore Sounds good re: your payment plans. And this isn't an auction draft, this is a live, traditional style one. Draft order is determined by Yahoo about a half hour before draft time.

bobert
08-17-2012, 01:02 PM
I think they changed their policies to take a cut no matter what you do now. I'm not worried about it, but if you want to send the funds a different way to see what happens I'm all for it.

No they just made it more complicated. If you request money (send people bills/invoices) they will take a cut. If you elect to send someone money but leave it on the default PURCHASE they will also take a cut. The only way around it is for someone to click SEND MONEY and then click the PERSONAL tab. I just sent you money this way - check and see but I'm fairly certain the entire $30 will be in your account.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j38/bobertrgb/Paypalcopy.png

TomServo
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Still interested in the secondary league if it happens. I groove on some fantasy football.

santasutt
08-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Still interested in the secondary league if it happens. I groove on some fantasy football.

join our pickem pool instead; go to NFL Time for link.

So Far...

1 flea73
2 Fourthisto
3 gillster17
4 MostlyMellow
5 mrnovember
6 Shaxspear
7 ThomThom
8 TomAz
9 tubesock shakur
10 santasutt's sluts

25 slots left

TomServo
08-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Done. I'm lousy for pick'ems, though. Comes with being a Browns fan.

Mr. Dylanja
08-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I feel like this entire cluster of RB's is virtually interchangeable. Please sell me on somebody if you think they're above the pack and likewise if you think somebody doesn't belong.

Darren McFadden
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Adrian Peterson
MJD
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Jackson
Ryan Matthews
Fred Jackson
Darren Sproles
Trent Richardson
Michael Turner

bobert
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
I feel like this entire cluster of RB's is virtually interchangeable. Please sell me on somebody if you think they're above the pack and likewise if you think somebody doesn't belong.

Darren McFadden
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Adrian Peterson
MJD
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Jackson
Ryan Matthews
Fred Jackson
Darren Sproles
Trent Richardson
Michael Turner

If McFadden can stay healthy all year there's a good chance he finishes as the #1 overall fantasy player (that's a big if.) Mathews has similar risks/upside. About half those guys are coming off of season ending injuries so there's definitely some risks involved with a lot of them. MJD is holding out and there's no guarantee he even plays week 1. I wouldn't feel comfortable with Sproles or Richardson as my #1 and I wouldn't take Turner as anything more than a #3 RB this year.

gillster17
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
IF your in the league why would we sell ya on them letting you know who we like?

Mr. Dylanja
08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I'm not in the league.

TomServo
08-21-2012, 01:50 AM

Chris Johnson and MJD (if he reports) are heads and shoulders above most of that list. Without MJD, I'd take CJ2k without thinking twice. He won't have another CJ1k season like last year. Fred, Sproles, and Turner will probably split time this year... Peterson will lose carries, and Matthews, McFadden, Forte, and Charles are injury issue guys.

Trent Richardson could be very good if he's healthy... Pat Shurmur rode Peyton Hillis into the ground when he was healthy last year.

When all else fails draft the guy whose team you can stand to watch regularly. I hate watching the Chargers, so I would skip Matthews. :)

Fourthisto
08-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Most of the league has paid (and you were right about avoiding the fee, Bobert! Well sleuthed!) and we're approaching the payment deadline this weekend... I'm going to send out reminders to everyone (except gillister, you said you were sending it tomorrow)... would hate to see any spots forfeited, be sure to send your buy-in ASAP!

Updated List:

Fourthisto – Paid
Playadelwes – Paid
ManImCool - Paid
TickleMeElmo - Paid
Vasoline Groove - Paid
Bobert - Paid
MistaGlitch - Paid
LickTheLizzard - Paid
gillster17 - Paid

Brematale111
ThomThom
BlueDevil50

Mr. Dylanja
08-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Chris Johnson and MJD (if he reports) are heads and shoulders above most of that list. Without MJD, I'd take CJ2k without thinking twice. He won't have another CJ1k season like last year. Fred, Sproles, and Turner will probably split time this year... Peterson will lose carries, and Matthews, McFadden, Forte, and Charles are injury issue guys.

Trent Richardson could be very good if he's healthy... Pat Shurmur rode Peyton Hillis into the ground when he was healthy last year.

When all else fails draft the guy whose team you can stand to watch regularly. I hate watching the Chargers, so I would skip Matthews. :)

Yeah, I like MJD as a player and person, but potentially wasting a late first or early second round pick on him just seems too risky to me.

And what makes you so optimistic about CJ? He seems like a perpetual loser to me. He got his big contract and has nothing to prove and nothing to play for at this point. He doesn't exactly exude professionalism.

Also, I'm waiting for ThomThom to sell me on DeMarco Murray.

bobert
08-21-2012, 12:36 PM

Clearly you didn't have Chris Johnson in any of your leagues last year.

TomServo
08-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Clearly you didn't have Chris Johnson in any of your leagues last year.

Last year was last year, can't mistake a good memory for predictive ability. A year ago he came in fat and lazy and didn't get into shape until a month in... and then had to contend with a bunch of rookies and injuries. This year he's in shape from game one, the QB situation is settled, and the team know what they have from day one.

Of course, I could be wrong, but 1,500 total yards and 57 catches were a bad year for this guy - any bounce back makes him the winner in this group.

buddy
08-21-2012, 09:43 PM

Darren McFadden
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Adrian Peterson
MJD
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Jackson
Ryan Matthews
Fred Jackson
Darren Sproles
Trent Richardson
Michael Turner

I'm assuming you have Adrian Foster #1. Depends what type of league you have, and if receptions play a part and yards after catch. If so, Matt Forte and Darren Sproles were a big help for me last year, until, of course, Forte got injured and didn't want to come back because of his contract. For sure, I wouldn't trust Matthews or McFadden.

LickTheLizzard
08-21-2012, 11:05 PM
paid up.

gillster17
08-22-2012, 05:14 PM
just paid.... also in refrence to the running back question if mjd does get traded i am all over that

SepaGroove
08-22-2012, 06:35 PM

Darren McFadden
Chris Johnson
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
DeMarco Murray
Adrian Peterson
MJD
Marshawn Lynch
Steven Jackson
Ryan Matthews
Fred Jackson
Darren Sproles
Trent Richardson
Michael Turner

Unless you're in a PPR league Sproles is not as good as those others that you listed. But if you are in a PPR league then Sproles is a beast. Some of the players that you listed here are very injury proned, and the ones that have been durable, like Fred Jackson, Steven Jackson, Turner, etc., are all on the decline in my opinion. But they are still RB2 or high end RB3 options, just not number ones. But you do have some players on here that could be your RB1. One player that I think could have comparable numbers to these guys, or even RB1 type numbers, is Ahmad Bradshaw. He'll be getting way more touches and goal line looks now that Brandon Jacobs is gone.

I'm assuming you have Adrian Foster #1. Depends what type of league you have, and if receptions play a part and yards after catch. If so, Matt Forte and Darren Sproles were a big help for me last year, until, of course, Forte got injured and didn't want to come back because of his contract. For sure, I wouldn't trust Matthews or McFadden.

Yeah Arian is clearly the best back in the game right now, with Shady McCoy and Rice not too far behind. We all know Peterson can play, but I just don't know about him this year with the knee issues.

I also don't trust Mathews or McFadden, but both have high upside and are worthy of RB2 consideration.

Fourthisto
08-23-2012, 09:33 AM
Just a few stragglers now...

We're approaching the payment deadline this weekend... I'm going to send out reminders to everyone, AGAIN, be sure to send your buy-in ASAP!

Updated List:

Fourthisto – Paid
Playadelwes – Paid
ManImCool - Paid
TickleMeElmo - Paid
Vasoline Groove - Paid
Bobert - Paid
MistaGlitch - Paid
LickTheLizzard - Paid
gillster17 - Paid

Brematale111
ThomThom
BlueDevil50

Mr. Dylanja
08-23-2012, 01:30 PM
So I just found out that I have the 2nd pick, Rice of McCoy?

SepaGroove
08-23-2012, 03:59 PM
So I just found out that I have the 2nd pick, Rice of McCoy?

I'd go with McCoy but it's just personal preference. They'll put up really similar numbers.

gillster17
08-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Id go rice because i feel like vick will be hurt all year so teams will key on mccoy. Also the majority of his big plays came on peters' side and now that hes gone i just dont see mccoy doing as much

Fourthisto
08-24-2012, 12:00 PM
CONSIDER THIS YOUR TWO MINUTE WARNING:

We're approaching the payment deadline this weekend... I'm going to send out reminders to everyone, AGAIN, be sure to send your buy-in ASAP!

UNPAID

Brematale111

ThomThom
08-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Hey brah, just paid you... My apologies for the untimeliness, been busy as all fuck lately.

Fourthisto
08-24-2012, 12:17 PM
No worries.... Sometimes a fourth quarter score is necessary... :)

2 to go!

Mr. Dylanja
08-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Hey brah, just paid you... My apologies for the untimeliness, been busy as all fuck lately.

Assman, who do you take with the 2nd overall pick?

ThomThom
08-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Who was the first pick?

Mr. Dylanja
08-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Let's assume Foster.

ThomThom
08-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Megatron.

PlayaDelWes
08-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Remember last year when you guys drafted a bunch of tight ends and were too stubborn to drop / trade any of them all season?

ThomThom
08-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Gronk was the greatest thing that ever happened to any of my fantasy teams, he picked up a lot of slack on some injuries I had... I have a feeling that will never happen again though, he may be the most overrated fantasy player this season.

BlueDevil50
08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
Payment sent. Is there anyway we can make the draft just a little earlier? 8:15 would be perfect, but I can always start the draft and auto the rest if everyone else is good to go on this time.

PlayaDelWes
08-24-2012, 08:48 PM
I have a draft before this one, same night. Can't do earlier than 8:45

theklein25
08-25-2012, 09:06 AM
No idea how many leagues have been made for the Coachella board, but since I'm in 0. I will probably start a yahoo for anyone who's interested

SepaGroove
08-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm down Klein

Vasoline Groove
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Remember last year when you guys drafted a bunch of tight ends and were too stubborn to drop / trade any of them all season?

I remember that. There was more action in this league compared to my other one though.

Ready for the Luck v. RG3 showdown in a couple hours.

MistaGlitch
08-26-2012, 12:35 AM
An even earlier draft would be appreciated...

I've got a meeting that starts at 9am over here.

lehorne
08-26-2012, 07:44 AM
The bigger challenge, picking number two in a ten person snake league draft, is what to do at nineteen and twenty-second overall. Gamble with crazed potential picks or go safe with a Greg Jennings-type selection if he falls? I’m kind of leaning towards rolling the dice on Cam Newton/Mathews or Newton/Graham after the Rice pick.

Any lovelies here? Are you lovely?

crombrenner
08-26-2012, 08:00 AM
No idea how many leagues have been made for the Coachella board, but since I'm in 0. I will probably start a yahoo for anyone who's interested

I'd be down as well. Let me know when.

Aphxtwinin
08-26-2012, 08:04 AM

Im down

theklein25
08-26-2012, 09:12 AM
League ID # 725573

password: fantasy

There's 10 open spots, draft day & time can change if needed

Yahoo

SepaGroove
08-26-2012, 09:24 AM
League ID # 725573

Yahoo?

theklein25
08-26-2012, 09:29 AM
yes

SepaGroove
08-26-2012, 09:43 AM
K. I'm in.

Any chance you could move the draft to like 8:30? I get off of work right at 8 on Thursday night and it takes me about 20 mins to get home.

theklein25
08-26-2012, 10:16 AM
done

crombrenner
08-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm in.

BlueDevil50
08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
An even earlier draft would be appreciated...

I've got a meeting that starts at 9am over here.
I support this...what do you think Commish?

bobert
08-26-2012, 05:19 PM
We've got our time fellas. Nothing is ever going to be ideal for everyone.

Aphxtwinin
08-26-2012, 08:22 PM
League ID # 725573
Yahoo
Done

Fourthisto
08-27-2012, 05:26 AM
Looks like Brematale111 might be giving up his spot in the $30 league..... multiple emails, Paypal invoices and PMs with no response is giving me little choice.

I'm giving him until the end of the day to pay. Just FYI to the rest of you guys, we might have a manager change.

CONSIDER THIS YOUR TWO MINUTE WARNING:

UNPAID

Brematale111

PlayaDelWes
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
In the past, in my $200 auction league with just 10 managers, nearly all my teams have been made up of winning bids in the $15 -$30 range, giving me depth, but no super-studs, similar to:

$29 R Murray, DeMarco
$29 W Marshall, Brandon
$26 W Jones, Julio
$23 W Nelson, Jordy
$20 R Jackson, Steven
$18 W Harvin, Percy
$16 R Martin, Doug
$12 Q Romo, Tony
$8 R Green-Ellis , BenJarvus
$6 T Pettigrew, Brandon
$3 W Cobb, Randall
$3 - $3 Scrub / Week 1 Waiver Drop
$2 D Defense
$2 K Kicker

My team is usually in the top 4, but has never won.

This, year, if I'm able to, I'm toying with the idea of picking up both Aaron Rodgers and Calvin Johnson (or a top 3 back) at the expense of depth further down.

$49 Q Rodgers, Aaron
$48 W Johnson, Calvin
$29 R Murray, DeMarco
$16 R Martin, Doug
$13 W Lloyd, Brandon
$10 W Brown, Antonio
$8 R Green-Ellis , BenJarvus
$7 W Smith, Torrey
$4 R Wilson, David
$3 T Olsen, Greg
$3 W Cobb, Randall
$2 D Defense
$2 K Kicker

Question for this year: Pussyfoot at the top and load up on middle-tier talent, or make bold picks early and check out until I can afford backups?

TomServo
08-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I don't like DeMarco Murray for that price. He doesn't play the Rams every week - last year 28% of his yardage came from the Rams game alone.

Also, I doubt you'll land Calvin for that price, or Torrey Smith for $7, or Antonio Brown for $10. In my $300 league, CJ was kept for $70 but would've probably been $90+, and both Antonio Brown and Smith were $20+ players. Also, Doug Martin will be much pricier than $16 unless you're playing with mental midgets. Always a possibility.

Of course, I don't know your scoring system, but I don't expect you'll get those guys that cheap. Some guys that slipped to extremely low prices include Santonio Holmes, Willis McGahee, and Anquan Boldin... as well as the Raider WRs.

Fourthisto
08-27-2012, 06:48 PM
$12 Q Romo, Tony

My team is usually in the top 4, but has never won.

Gee, I wonder why. ;)

Rodgers/Brees/Brady has gone anywhere from 46/38/34 to 49/43/42 in my $200 auction leagues. I'd go with plan B, spend money on a bigtime QB and let the rest sort itself out.

Fourthisto
08-28-2012, 07:03 AM
Looks like Brematale111 might be giving up his spot in the $30 league..... multiple emails, Paypal invoices and PMs with no response is giving me little choice.

I'm giving him until the end of the day to pay. Just FYI to the rest of you guys, we might have a manager change.

And the clock expired.... but just like that, Aphxtwinin swoops in and enters our league! Welcome!

Just a friendly reminder, the draft is this Thursday, at 8:45 Pacific, 11:45 Eastern.

Be there or be square!

Aphxtwinin
08-28-2012, 07:11 AM
Thank you! Excited for the draft and the season! Also, does anyone know if I can do two live drafts at the same time on two different computers with the same account?

crombrenner
08-28-2012, 01:33 PM
League ID # 725573

Yahoo

Anybody else interested? We need 4 more owners. The draft is at 8:30 pm on Thursday. C'mon a chance to do anything with TheKlein is a win.

theklein25
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
yes that ^.

I'll take any 4 people that have the slightest interest in participating for free. Please join

SepaGroove
08-28-2012, 05:14 PM
we gotsta have a 10 team league!

TickleMeElmo
08-28-2012, 05:24 PM
If that deft time wasn't so close to the other Coachella draft time I'd join.

Fourthisto
08-30-2012, 07:24 AM
A final reminder, the $30 League's draft night is TONIGHT! 8:45 Pacific, 11:45 Eastern.

Also, does anyone know if I can do two live drafts at the same time on two different computers with the same account?

Well I'm not sure about this year's Yahoo settings, but if I remember correctly from a couple years ago I think you can even do two live drafts on the same computer, using different browsers.

PlayaDelWes
08-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Well I'm not sure about this year's Yahoo settings, but if I remember correctly from a couple years ago I think you can even do two live drafts on the same computer, using different browsers.
This is excellent news. Otherwise, the first round or two of my coachella league draft may be autodraft (which isn't that terrible).

Fourthisto
08-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Hey, you got the trophy, right Wes? No time like the present to gloat!

Oh yeah, and do you guys want me to randomize the draft order now, or wait for the standard half-hour before the draft time? It's an easy toggle away on our draft page, now that the manager list has been finalized.

PlayaDelWes
08-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Yes, I got the trophy and I have been slacking on any picutres with it. I'll get one posted before the draft tonight.

I'm down for randomizing draft order now....as long as you promise to do it only once.

Fourthisto
08-30-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm down for randomizing draft order now....as long as you promise to do it only once.

Ha! Well, it will show up in the league news page as soon as I do it, and that's something that I can't even delete... so once is all it'll be. :)

I'm up for randomizing it now as well... will do it in an hour (when I get back from lunch) unless anyone objects.

Aphxtwinin
08-30-2012, 07:58 AM
I'm down for randomizing now

Fourthisto
08-30-2012, 08:14 AM
It is done.

Ladies and.. oh who am I kidding... Just Gentlemen, I present to you, thine draft order:

1. Bobert
2. Fourthisto
3. BlueDevil 50
4. Lick the Lizzard
5. Gillster 17
6. Tickle Me Elmo
7. Thom Thom
8. Playa Del Wes
9. Mista Glitch
10. Aphxtwinin
11. Man I'm Cool
12. Vasoline Groove

It's a snaking draft, so Vasoline Groove gets the first pick of the second round, and so forth.

Good luck!

Aphxtwinin
08-30-2012, 10:04 AM
nice! i have been doing mock drafts this past week in the 8-10th spot, see you all tonight!

TickleMeElmo
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Just realized our league isn't PPR :(

bobert
08-30-2012, 05:47 PM
First pick, bitches.

gillster17
08-30-2012, 06:00 PM
5th pick i can work with that... id like to start the draft now though

santasutt
08-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Neophyte fantasy footballer looking for a draft grade and some week one advice from veteran playahs

QB Philip Rivers, SD QB
RB Chris Johnson, Ten RB
RB Fred Jackson, Buf RB
WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR P
WR Vincent Jackson, TB WR
TE Jermichael Finley, GB TE
FLEX BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Cin RB
D: Patriots
K Sebastian Janikowski, Oak K

BENCH
Peyton Manning, Den QB
Dwayne Bowe, KC WR
Jason Witten, Dal TE Q
Andrew Luck, Ind QB
Cedric Benson, GB RB
Davone Bess, Mia WR
Josh Freeman, TB QB

santasutt
08-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Rivers, Manning, or Freeman?

TickleMeElmo
08-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Ask your league for a do-over.

ManImCool
08-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I was not counting on getting the 2nd to last pick in this draft. Eff.

gillster17
08-30-2012, 06:34 PM
toooooo many qbs should of jusy stuck with peyton and phillip. Id go rivers first week

gillster17
08-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Also if all your qbs do well first week look to trade to get some wr and rb depth

santasutt
08-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Ask your league for a do-over.

But my team name is the best...."JacksonJohnsonJohnsonJackson"

santasutt
08-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Also if all your qbs do well first week look to trade to get some wr and rb depth

Strategy 101

gillster17
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Strategy 101 would of been to not draft that in the first place and not fuck yourself over with 3 mediocre qbs and a rookie

gillster17
08-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Im having trouble getting into the draft it wont open on my shitty computer

gillster17
08-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Sooooooo my computer timed out and I wanted to go with ari d but got somebody else i think can the league manager change this please!!

TickleMeElmo
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Pretty sure Arizona D will still be there once waivers clear.

Fourthisto
08-31-2012, 04:50 AM
Good draft, guys. That was fun... the tension, pained expletives and vivacious namecalling really made that feel like a prelude to championship week.

Foggily going through my roster this morning, I like my team more than I did last night... so far.

Sooooooo my computer timed out and I wanted to go with ari d but got somebody else i think can the league manager change this please!!

Sorry dude, I'm not going to add a player to anyone's team just because their computer messed up. Put in an add player request and pick them up Sept. 1st after (if?) they clear waivers.

ManImCool
08-31-2012, 09:20 AM
I went really heavy on the RBs early this year. I hope it works out with them and Rivers this year.

PlayaDelWes
08-31-2012, 10:35 AM
That was THE worst draft I have ever executed. Excuses: 1) Was only halfway through a live Auction Draft when this one started, 2) Patron.

Here's my sketchy analysis of the draft results:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2ibzt06.jpg

BlueDevil50
08-31-2012, 10:38 AM
Definitely don't like the fact of having both Cowboy WR's on my team, or the fact that MoJo fell to me in the third. Always open for a trade or two with my surplus of WR's.

bobert
08-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Wes, do you really think that Russell Wilson is going to average 4 fantasy pts a game? I would bet money that he outperforms your starting QB the entire season. His weekly rushing totals will probably exceed 40yds.

PlayaDelWes
08-31-2012, 11:44 AM
I told you it was sketchy

TickleMeElmo
08-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Despite what your table says, I'm actually pretty happy with my teams, maybe except for QBs. It's risky and really counts on upside but I'm way more comfortable with this team than I would a lot of other teams in our league.

IMO, Fourthisto and BlueDevil50 may have the best teams.

TomServo
09-02-2012, 10:33 PM
As an outsider, took a look at the league. I like Fourthisto as well, but I agree that BlueDevil50 is probably the best team as of today.

You guys better hope the Jags are godawful this year. If MJD and Blackmon both perform, he'll roll of a bunch of wins.

BlueDevil50
09-03-2012, 09:39 AM
It's looking like grabbing MoJo in the third round was an absolute steal. Now it's time for him to score my some points!

Fourthisto
09-04-2012, 11:50 AM
I like my team, but talk about being top-heavy, my bench is suspect at best. I need AP to get bit by the healthy bug for a change before the weekend hits, otherwise the flex position roulette wheel will be spun.

Here's my sketchy analysis of the draft results:

Sketchy for sure, who is BlueDevil51 and gillster 18?

TickleMeElmo
09-04-2012, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't risk starting AP this weekend, I think Kendall Wright is your best bet.

SepaGroove
09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Would you guys start Mike Wallace this weekend?

I have to start 3 WR's in my league and my options are Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, Stevie Johnson, Robert Meachem, Greg Little.

Obviously Jennings, Wallace, and Johnson are my top 3 guys, but I think I'm thinking about starting Meachem over Wallace this weekend since he just reported to camp.

TickleMeElmo
09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
That's a tough one but I'd still stick it out with Wallace. I do agree that Wallace missing all of camp will hurt him but there are question marks on those other WRs. Meachem has been inconsistent all camp and hasn't clicked with Rivers yet and I'm not so sure how Weeden will handle PHI D or... well... any D. Meachem does have the best QB throwing to him but Wallace is by far a better receiver than those two even if his situation is undesirable. Start Wallace.

santasutt
09-04-2012, 07:15 PM
QB: Rivers vs the Raid or Peyton vs the Steel?

Flex: law firm vs BAL reggie wayne vs daBears or dwayne bowe vs atl?

unit300021
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM

Rivers and Bowe.

In my leauge my Starting RB would normally be Ryan Matthews and Jamal Charles with Sproles in the Flex spot. However it's still unclear if Matthews will be playing in the Monday night game. Should I risk starting Matthews or put Sproles in the RB spot and then put either Torrey Smith or Titus Young in the Flex position?

SepaGroove
09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
That's a tough one but I'd still stick it out with Wallace. I do agree that Wallace missing all of camp will hurt him but there are question marks on those other WRs. Meachem has been inconsistent all camp and hasn't clicked with Rivers yet and I'm not so sure how Weeden will handle PHI D or... well... any D. Meachem does have the best QB throwing to him but Wallace is by far a better receiver than those two even if his situation is undesirable. Start Wallace.

Thanks for the advice, I'm gonna go with Wallace. But I hope Rivers and Meachem connect eventually because I'm a Bolts fan.

Rivers and Bowe.

In my leauge my Starting RB would normally be Ryan Matthews and Jamal Charles with Sproles in the Flex spot. However it's still unclear if Matthews will be playing in the Monday night game. Should I risk starting Matthews or put Sproles in the RB spot and then put either Torrey Smith or Titus Young in the Flex position?

Put Sproles in the RB spot and put one of your receivers in the flex. I own Mathews in one of my leagues so I have to put one of my receivers in the flex as well, and put Shonn Greene in the 3rd RB spot.

ENluv12
09-05-2012, 08:21 AM
First year playing so I need some help! I did not draft this team, it was given to me. Trying to decide between H. nicks, who is listed as questionable, or g. little.
The other one I need help with is M. lynch (back spasm issues) or J. Rodgers and R. Matthews.

Thanks guys.

TickleMeElmo
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM

Peyton/Bowe.

No way Mathews plays. Sproles/Smith.

First year playing so I need some help! I did not draft this team, it was given to me. Trying to decide between H. nicks, who is listed as questionable, or g. little.
The other one I need help with is M. lynch (back spasm issues) or J. Rodgers and R. Matthews.

Thanks guys.

Nicks. Like I said, no Mathews. Go with Rodgers and grab Turbin if he's available and just keep an eye on Lynch for a gametime decision. If he plays, start him. Otherwise, start Turbin.

ENluv12
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
thank you for the help!!!!!!!! So my RB are McFadden and Lynch right now. If Lynch isn't looking good I will go with Rodgers. You guys are awesome!

unit300021
09-05-2012, 01:33 PM
If Reshard Mendenhall is still available in your league I would pick him up. He is not far from playing again and somehow people over looked him the draft and was able to get him last round in 2 out of my 3 drafts and picked him up as a free agent in the 3rd. I would say do this because McFadden is always an injury concern player so you really need depth at RB if he is on your team.

fetuspiniata
09-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Should I play Miles Austin tonight or not?

TickleMeElmo
09-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Hopefully you did.

SepaGroove
09-05-2012, 09:14 PM
In a 10 team PPR league for a lotta $$$. We have to start 2 QBs and mine are Vick and Romo. Romo was huge for me tonight, hopefully Vick is huge too.

ENluv12
09-06-2012, 06:31 AM
kibbles and vick?

SepaGroove
09-06-2012, 08:39 AM
kibbles and vick?

That was my team name when I won my league's championship in 2010 lol.

Drewbles
09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Question for you guys:

I'm in a 14-team PPR league. I have 4 good receivers and want to start 3. My receivers are: Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Steve Smith (Carolina), and Pierre Garcon.

I know I want to start Marshall and White, but I'm not sure about the last position. Steve Smith is coming off a foot infection and playing against Tampa Bay. Tampa is not great, but he did not play well against them last year. He had 4 receptions for 50 yards in 2 games vs. them last year.

Garcon is the #1 WR for the Redskins and it seems he and RG3 have a connection. They're playing against the Saints, who have a poor defense against receivers. The game will probably be a shootout, which will mean lots of passing opportunities.

I'm currently leaning towards starting Pierre Garcon. I will feel like an idiot if Steve Smith blows up though. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.

ENluv12
09-06-2012, 08:54 AM
That was my team name when I won my league's championship in 2010 lol.

haha that is one of my favorites.

PlayaDelWes
09-06-2012, 09:49 AM
We Can Pick Up Active Players Off The Waiver Wire????
What the fuck? It looks like Sean logged on in the middle of the Giants/Cowboys game and added Kevin Ogletree. Please tell me that's not what kind of league we are running.
ZOgletreeMG)(*@#!!!! 23 points per week FTW the 2nd coming of Laurent Robinson!!!!

ManImCool
09-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Hopefully picking up Ogletree will make up for my sins last year. Last year I passed on picking up Victor Cruz off of waivers when I had the top waiver priority.

Fourthisto
09-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Who knew that copying the league settings from last year would yield so much drama .0625% INTO WEEK ONE.

ManImCool
09-06-2012, 11:17 AM
...3 days before the first Sunday. Settings are fine IMO. Unless Obama plans on putting out a lot more football-conflicting speeches during additional DNCs, I think this was a one time thing. No more rescheduled Wednesday night games.

Fourthisto
09-06-2012, 11:20 AM
You never can tell with Bears fans... they're that unpredictable.

ENluv12
09-06-2012, 11:28 AM
So I don't know if you would call his a long shot, but I have Chicago and Buffalo defense. I went with Buffalo being they are playing the NYJ. I hope this pays off.

bobert
09-06-2012, 11:53 AM
ZOgletreeMG)(*@#!!!! 23 points per week FTW the 2nd coming of Laurent Robinson!!!!

That could very well be the case, actually. Garrett's offensive system has always generated great stats for the #3WR. The point is I've been in leagues where active players can be immediately added and it's stupid. A couple years ago my friend won one of the leagues I'm in, not because he drafted great or managed his team well, but because he was the first asshole to open his laptop and add Michael Vick the second Kevin Kolb took a shot to the head.

PlayaDelWes
09-06-2012, 12:17 PM
That could very well be the case, actually. Garrett's offensive system has always generated great stats for the #3WR. The point is I've been in leagues where active players can be immediately added and it's stupid. A couple years ago my friend won one of the leagues I'm in, not because he drafted great or managed his team well, but because he was the first asshole to open his laptop and add Michael Vick the second Kevin Kolb took a shot to the head.
I'm with you. The Game Time Waivers setting makes for a consistent waiver rule that is more in line with the nature of the rest of the rules in our league.

I don’t know, once Witten is healthy, Ogletree will be just another fourth option.

Fourthisto
09-06-2012, 12:21 PM
What's strange to me is that this didn't come up once during/after all of the Thursday games last year....

I fail to see how Sunday-Tuesday waiver rules would have stopped anyone from doing this last year.

fetuspiniata
09-06-2012, 12:28 PM
Hopefully you did.

I did... no thanks to you bums! Kevin Ogletree was killing me all night, had to stop watching, then I woke up to a nice surprise this morning. Dan Bailey is my kicker and I'm kind of mad at Tom Coughlin's clock management. If he wouldn't have burned that time out on their last drive he would have forced dallas to take a field goal instead of taking a knee.

bobert
09-06-2012, 12:48 PM
What's strange to me is that this didn't come up once during/after all of the Thursday games last year....

I fail to see how Sunday-Tuesday waiver rules would have stopped anyone from doing this last year.

Didn't Thursday games start at the end of October last year? The waiver wire is pretty bare by midseason. It's possible that there was simply no unowned players that sent people running to the computer mid-game for an add/drop. I honestly don't care about Ogletree. Sean can have him, possibly even deserves him at this point. That was thoroughly entertaining.

ManImCool
09-06-2012, 12:52 PM
As a Witten owner, I'll probably be dropping one of the two in a few weeks anyway.

Can we now talk about redrafting because it's unfair you were awarded the first pick of the draft? Let's talk more about that. Yes.

fetuspiniata
09-06-2012, 12:52 PM
I doubt ogletree will put up consistent numbers every week! Unless your in a 16 team league, picking up a 3rd/4th receiver just seems risky!

Fourthisto
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Didn't Thursday games start at the end of October last year? The waiver wire is pretty bare by midseason. It's possible that there was simply no unowned players that sent people running to the computer mid-game for an add/drop. I honestly don't care about Ogletree. Sean can have him, possibly even deserves him at this point. That was thoroughly entertaining.

As a Witten owner, I'll probably be dropping one of the two in a few weeks anyway.

Can we now talk about redrafting because it's unfair you were awarded the first pick of the draft? Let's talk more about that. Yes.

I think we need to throw you guys in the Thunderdome and let it all work itself out. My god!

bobert
09-06-2012, 12:59 PM

This is a sound argument. I'm also smarter, funnier, and more handsome than you. Not everything is fair or deserved. You need to consider the possibility that your opinion on the matter would be different if you weren't the one benefitting from this situation.

bobert
09-06-2012, 01:00 PM
I think we need to throw you guys in the Thunderdome and let it all work itself out. My god!

Don't be jealous of our rivalry.

ManImCool
09-06-2012, 01:28 PM
I'm also smarter, funnier, and more handsome than you.

You can't bring me down. I do this in the mirror every day.

-DIETlxquzY

bobert
09-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Nothing like a little controversy to fan the flames of hatred. See you week 6.

ManImCool
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
bobert, consider this your official nomination for the 2012 Coachella Fantasy Football Drama Queen. Don't lie. You love this.

gillster17
09-06-2012, 05:07 PM
my inbox is fulllll of yahoo fantasy messages what did i miss?

LickTheLizzard
09-06-2012, 05:12 PM
nothing important.

TickleMeElmo
09-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Question for you guys:

I'm in a 14-team PPR league. I have 4 good receivers and want to start 3. My receivers are: Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, Steve Smith (Carolina), and Pierre Garcon.

I know I want to start Marshall and White, but I'm not sure about the last position. Steve Smith is coming off a foot infection and playing against Tampa Bay. Tampa is not great, but he did not play well against them last year. He had 4 receptions for 50 yards in 2 games vs. them last year.

Garcon is the #1 WR for the Redskins and it seems he and RG3 have a connection. They're playing against the Saints, who have a poor defense against receivers. The game will probably be a shootout, which will mean lots of passing opportunities.

I'm currently leaning towards starting Pierre Garcon. I will feel like an idiot if Steve Smith blows up though. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks.

Steve Smith because...

#1 - More talented receiver (even at his age)

#2 - Outplays the other receivers on the team by a larger margin

#3 - Better QB (for the time being)

#4 - Redskins have Helu, Royster, Morris & RGIII, all of which run fairly well. Panthers have Newton and Williams and besides Newton, their running game could collapse and then may have to rely on passing.

Aphxtwinin
09-06-2012, 08:12 PM

jesus christ my inbox is soooooo full lol

ManImCool
09-06-2012, 09:19 PM

To summarize, if you complain enough, you can get things taken away from other team managers.

citizenerased
09-06-2012, 09:41 PM
I'm a fantasy newb and because of some flaky friends, last weekend's draft didn't pan out. Anybody wanna join a 2nd $20 league, draft this Saturday night? PM me (We'll work around the whole Wednesday game dilemma).

ThomThom
09-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm so proud of K-Tree, he caused a fucking riot in all 4 of my leagues... My ni**a!

Drewbles
09-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Steve Smith because...

#1 - More talented receiver (even at his age)

#2 - Outplays the other receivers on the team by a larger margin

#3 - Better QB (for the time being)

#4 - Redskins have Helu, Royster, Morris & RGIII, all of which run fairly well. Panthers have Newton and Williams and besides Newton, their running game could collapse and then may have to rely on passing.

Thanks Elmo! I put Stevey back in my line-up. Man, I love fantasy football.

SepaGroove
09-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I need some advice guys. I have a stacked team, but some of my guys are banged up right now. Since Mathews and J Stew are both probably not playing this week, I need to replace them. My options are Shonn Greene, Ronnie Brown, and Spiller. I think I'm going with Greene and Brown because they'll get the touches, but I'd love some input. I have Arian Foster too so he should give me a ton of points at RB1.

Also, I need to start a W/R FLEX. If I start Greene and Brown at RB2 and RB3 my options for FLEX are C.J. Spiller, Robert Meachem, Greg Little, and a limited J Stewart (if he even plays).

Thanks!

unit300021
09-07-2012, 09:55 AM
3 RBs and a flex? How many people in your league? I would probably go with Little at the Flex. With the league becoming a pass first type of play you don't want to many RB in your lineup. Plus Meachen and River just don't look like they are really connecting just yet. And I'm sure Little will get more looks from Weeden then Meachen will get from Rivers.

SepaGroove
09-07-2012, 10:00 AM
3 RBs and a flex? How many people in your league? I would probably go with Little at the Flex. With the league becoming a pass first type of play you don't want to many RB in your lineup. Plus Meachen and River just don't look like they are really connecting just yet. And I'm sure Little will get more looks from Weeden then Meachen will get from Rivers.

It's a 10 team PPR league and we start 2 QBs, 3 WRs, 3 RBs, 2 TEs, Flex W/RB, K, Team DEF.

Thanks for the advice. I agree that Little will get the looks, and the Browns will be playing from behind the whole game so they'll have to pass. Only thing is I don't trust Weeden at all and have heard that he doesn't look very impressive. The Bolts won't have Mathews so Rivers will be throwing a lot, so Meachem could be targeted heavily. I have some thinking to do.

TickleMeElmo
09-07-2012, 10:51 AM
I need some advice guys. I have a stacked team, but some of my guys are banged up right now. Since Mathews and J Stew are both probably not playing this week, I need to replace them. My options are Shonn Greene, Ronnie Brown, and Spiller. I think I'm going with Greene and Brown because they'll get the touches, but I'd love some input. I have Arian Foster too so he should give me a ton of points at RB1.

Also, I need to start a W/R FLEX. If I start Greene and Brown at RB2 and RB3 my options for FLEX are C.J. Spiller, Robert Meachem, Greg Little, and a limited J Stewart (if he even plays).

Thanks!

I say Greene & Brown (which is unfortunate) and Spiller as your flex, especially if you league is PPR. I think the Bills will roll over the Jets and everybody on the Bills has a chance to score. I'd even consider benching Greene then have either Meachem or Little in your flex, flip a coin. If Jets get behind (and they will) then they're just gonna pass. I'd lean towards Meachem but not by much.

Arian Foster is technically a game time decision too but I think he plays. Just keep an eye on that.

SepaGroove
09-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I say Greene & Brown (which is unfortunate) and Spiller as your flex, especially if you league is PPR. I think the Bills will roll over the Jets and everybody on the Bills has a chance to score. I'd even consider benching Greene then have either Meachem or Little in your flex, flip a coin. If Jets get behind (and they will) then they're just gonna pass. I'd lean towards Meachem but not by much.

Arian Foster is technically a game time decision too but I think he plays. Just keep an eye on that.

Thanks man! I'm in an unfortunate situation right now. I think I'm gonna go with Greene and Brown with Spiller as a FLEX. :nono

Literally of my RBs are dinged up. None of the injuries are that serious so hopefully they all get over them and have great years. When my team is healthy my RBs will be Foster, Mathews, and Stewart (who is a really good RB3 in ppr). If I get out of this week with a win I'll be so pumped, because I'll have a full squad next week.

PlayaDelWes
09-09-2012, 12:04 PM
High scoring games today. Should be plenty of fruit on the waiver tree come Monday.

PlayaDelWes
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Nice 4th quarter today Sean

ManImCool
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Yep this is gonna be a close one Monday night with my Rivers vs your Ray Rice. We both are kicking ourselves for not starting the right people this week!

Mr. Dylanja
09-09-2012, 07:57 PM
God damn it Fred Jackson!

Aphxtwinin
09-09-2012, 07:59 PM
good start to the season

ManImCool
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I am so glad I handcuffed Fred Jackson with CJ Spiller. He may prove to be a more valuable handcuff than Ben Tate.

bemerritt
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Spiller won the week for me. Now, what to do with Moss? Should I start him over Vincent Jackson next week?

ManImCool
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't look into his Week 1 TD performance too much at this point. Need to see another week or few to see what his role really is in the SF passing game. He was used in very limited snaps, and his lone score came under busted coverage.

Fourthisto
09-10-2012, 04:56 AM
Yahoo's scoring system is all messed up... the scores in our league are by no means finalized. They're missing like 200 TDs from yesterday.

"We are aware of the issue where many players are missing stats from yesterday, and we are currently working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience."

Yep this is gonna be a close one Monday night with my Rivers vs your Ray Rice. We both are kicking ourselves for not starting the right people this week!

No doubt! I thought AP would need another week of rest before regaining beast mode.

ENluv12
09-10-2012, 06:37 AM
I am so happy to have Akers as my kicker right now! 16 fucking points is making up for H.nicks sucking for me this week. I am also beyond pleased that I picked up Navarro Bowman. He did very well for me yesterday.

bemerritt
09-10-2012, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't look into his Week 1 TD performance too much at this point. Need to see another week or few to see what his role really is in the SF passing game. He was used in very limited snaps, and his lone score came under busted coverage.

Yeah, i know. Just hard to overlook how dominating he can be. Especially against some of the terrible teams that the niners will play (twice).

unit300021
09-10-2012, 08:50 AM

I do agree with you however Moss will be getting red zone looks. That's one of the main reasons they got him in the first place. Example when Smith threw it to a double covered moss instead of a wide open Crabtree.

ManImCool
09-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I do agree with you however Moss will be getting red zone looks. That's one of the main reasons they got him in the first place. Example when Smith threw it to a double covered moss instead of a wide open Crabtree.

Look at the tape, Moss was thrown to in busted coverage, not double coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a 49ers fan, I love Randy Moss being a weapon on our team. I want him to revive his career. He was brought to San Francisco to help stretch the field and relieve coverage on both the other receivers and to help open up the run game coverage. That's Crabtree was a lot more open than usual. Moss also caught all 4 passes that went his way. But that is the other concern; he was only targeted 4 times.

When he is only on the field for 1/3 of the snaps, there are concerns from a fantasy standpoint. (21-of-62 snaps). Mario Manningham played 29 snaps. I just need to see what his role is in the future first, and see if he is on the field for more snaps moving forward, before starting him for fantasy relevance. I'd love to have him stashed on my bench to see if he turns into a fantasy gem. But as far as Week 2 is concerned, if I had him, he'd still be on the bench.

No doubt! I thought AP would need another week of rest before regaining beast mode.

Well since Rice is playing the 4PM game and Rivers the 2nd MNF game, barring something ridiculous with Rice, I'll be playing in come-from-behind mode to get the W for this week. It's gonna be a dramatic night for FF!

Fourthisto
09-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Well since Rice is playing the 4PM game and Rivers the 2nd MNF game, barring something ridiculous with Rice, I'll be playing in come-from-behind mode to get the W for this week. It's gonna be a dramatic night for FF!
Heck yes! To make things complicated, I'm a Bengals fan yet I'll be rooting for Rice to jump into the end zone about three times tonight.... in a loss. ;)

ManImCool
09-10-2012, 11:13 AM
I could REALLY complicate things with drama and bench Rivers and start Flacco so we face each other in the same game, hoping he never hands the rock off and plays in a shootout from always a few points behind Cinci.

But I won't. I (sort of) trust in Rivers. Although I am very intrigued by this new no-huddle offense Flacco is going to be spearheading, I'm going to hate myself if Flacco goes off and Rivers throws INTs. But when you crunch the numbers, 97% of the so-called-experts will start Rivers over Flacco's 3% this week. So will I.

unit300021
09-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Look at the tape, Moss was thrown to in busted coverage, not double coverage.

Yeah I wasn't referring to the TD catch. I was referring to the Play before the Vernon Davis TD. Smith had Crabtree wide open in the corner of the end zone but he instead threw it to a double covered Moss and the pass was incomplete. And I agree with you on everything you said about Moss and I also am happy as hell he is on our team. However due to them limiting his reps and so far seems to be a Red Zone target I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the season with 45 receptions and 10-12 TD's he might be worth starting, depending on how he looks the next game or two.

shermanoaksyo
09-10-2012, 01:38 PM
I lost my week 1 game but appear to have won a strategic victory via CJ Spiller

ManImCool
09-10-2012, 10:25 PM
I could REALLY complicate things with drama and bench Rivers and start Flacco so we face each other in the same game, hoping he never hands the rock off and plays in a shootout from always a few points behind Cinci.

But I won't. I (sort of) trust in Rivers. Although I am very intrigued by this new no-huddle offense Flacco is going to be spearheading, I'm going to hate myself if Flacco goes off and Rivers throws INTs. But when you crunch the numbers, 97% of the so-called-experts will start Rivers over Flacco's 3% this week. So will I.

God damn it. Hate myself. If I started Flacco instead of Rivers I would've won by about half a point. Fuck the experts, should go with my gut instincts more. Oh well. I've never won a week 1 matchup in my history of FF, ever, so not really that mad that I lost this year's opener too. I'll get my shit together as the season progresses.

unit300021
09-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I actually prefer to lose week 1 because then you get the better waiver number to pick up the people that look like they are poised for break out years.

Fourthisto
09-11-2012, 04:54 AM
If I started Flacco instead of Rivers I would've won by about half a point.

Phew, a close one for sure. As soon as you typed 'I (sort of) trust in Rivers' I think the jinx machine was in motion.

Did you guy see the 'game recaps' in our Yahoo league? It's kind of funny and stupid, all at the same time.

"VanDownByTheRivers Regret Tracker

Left C.J. Spiller on the bench, where he scored the sixth-most points in the league and beat his projected point total by 350.1%, the fifth-highest percentage in the league."

"Game Notes

On Like Ndamukong was not able to cover the 8.29-point spread in the win."

Ouch!

ENluv12
09-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I won my first fantasy game ever! haha it's sad how excited I got.
I am trying to pick up Ogletree this week... I need some depth in that position!