PDA

View Full Version : T O O L 2 0 1 3

theStank
07-24-2012, 07:24 AM
New release this year round December............ A man has to dream! seen em 5 times this year, Reno Vegas, Tucson, Atlanta and St. Paul. 13 times total. They put on one hell of a show that would please ALL Coahillians. Lazers, Visuals and Intense Audio with Smart Thought Provoking Lyrics.

nathanfairchild
07-24-2012, 07:31 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?14042-Attention-new-people-how-to-avoid-getting-flamed!

Mr. Dylanja
07-25-2012, 01:53 PM
If you're going to be the thread police for every shitty new thread at least try to be funny.

Mugwog
07-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I support bands that support fisting.

sonnyboy11
07-25-2012, 03:41 PM
theStank- can you help me understand your sig? I get the 7OOL2013 part. But what's with the :::........ p r o d i g y ........ thing?

theStank
07-28-2012, 10:35 AM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?14042-Attention-new-people-how-to-avoid-getting-flamed!
W O W . . . . . your like a genius and shit

grannock
07-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Tool would suck at coachella they would be after grizzly bear and before the fiver on a saturday night. Not to mention they would only get an hour and twenty mins.

I really hope they play bonaroo next year. I would go for a single day.

Mr. Dylanja
07-31-2012, 11:42 AM
Tool would suck at coachella

No.

nick5745
07-31-2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?57883-TOOL-for-Coachella-2013-please

but yes, Tool please

JustSteve
07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
maynard is on the latest podcast from joe rogan, i believe.

theStank
07-31-2012, 08:02 PM

No.

Phunkevil
07-31-2012, 08:06 PM
No.

Don't listen to grannock. He had a bad experience in 2010. Therefore, every band would suck at Coachella.

grannock
08-01-2012, 02:18 PM
No.

You would know better than me, do you really think chella is the best place to see tool?

grannock
08-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Don't listen to grannock. He had a bad experience in 2010. Therefore, every band would suck at Coachella.

Lol who the fuck are you?

Mugwog
08-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Chella is now just a great place to throw the worst fans of each musical genre together for one big orgy of hate.

grannock
08-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Haha i actually want to see the crowd for a 10:00 tool followed by a 12:00 deadmau5.

bobert
08-01-2012, 02:34 PM
You would know better than me, do you really think chella is the best place to see tool?

Tool's headlining set at Coachella in 2006 was probably the greatest 90 minutes I've ever spent on the Polo Fields. Throw this man to the dick pits.

stinkbutt
08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
You have clearly wasted a lot of time on the polo fields

Newro7ic
08-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Their set at Coach in '99 was amazing, and better than any of the other Tool shows I have been to. I think Coachella is a great place to see Tool.

bobert
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
You have clearly wasted a lot of time on the polo fields

Does trolling the Tool threads ever get old?

Mr. Dylanja
08-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Considering I haven't seen them there yet, it tops my list. The only place I'd rather see them is a small theater-type venue a la the '06 warm up leg.
The sound, crowd, and atmosphere would all be better than a typical Tool arena show, imo.

That said, I'd also go back to see them on the farm again too.

stinkbutt
08-01-2012, 03:39 PM
06 brought some pretty bad crowds and their set was pretty mediocre even by todays standards, although they were really good at Lolla so idk

Mr. Dylanja
08-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Yeah, their Mile High Fest set was one of worst sets I've seen from them too. Maybe it's a first show-festival thing, the three other times I saw them outside it was great.

I really just want a weekend at The Pearl.

Mugwog
08-01-2012, 03:51 PM
Some bands like Tool are just superior in their own element when compared with festivals. I've had plenty of bands disappoint me at Coachella. The Lateralus tour stop @ The Wiltern was superior to what I saw at the Coachella performance.

bobert
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
06 brought some pretty bad crowds and their set was pretty mediocre even by todays standards, although they were really good at Lolla so idk

That was my first Coachella, and Tool was pretty much my favorite band at the time. For a while I'd given up hope that they'd ever record or tour again, so my level of anticipation for that set was unmatched. I'd also avoided the album leaks of 10,000 days so I was hearing all of their new materiel live for the first time. Have they given better performances, played better setlists? Sure, probably, whatever. But that is and will probably always be my favorite Coachella performance.

heart cooks brain
08-01-2012, 04:08 PM
Some bands like Tool are just superior in their own element when compared with festivals. I've had plenty of bands disappoint me at Coachella. The Lateralus tour stop @ The Wiltern was superior to what I saw at the Coachella performance.

what is 'TOOL's element'? dumpy arenas in toledo? where would you want to hear Aenima other than the shores of Arizona Bay?

bobert
08-01-2012, 04:13 PM
what is 'TOOL's element'?

The Nokia Theatre.

Mr. Dylanja
08-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I've seen them in "their element" plenty. I'd rather have a full day of awesome music leading up to their set with additional options after their set. Not to mention being on vacation, rather than a Tuesday night show downtown. And fuck, they're all about getting outside the comfort zone, so throw them in front of some non-fans.

And Massive Attack opening for them is/was pretty fucking awesome if you ask me. I'd rather have them than any opener Tool has ever had. (sorry Meshuggah)

stinkbutt
08-01-2012, 04:18 PM
I just hate that Tool constantly has some of the best openers and they always get booed

Mr. Dylanja
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
7-18/19-2010

heart cooks brain
08-01-2012, 04:28 PM
oh yeah, i remember. it was my birfday.

that's not going to be the norm going forward, and given the choice between tool in an arena and tool at coachella, coachella wins erry time.

bobert
Massive Attack was an amazing opener. I didn't personally hear anyone boo them but it's hardly surprising. Every year I encounter drunk, high, inconsiderate douchebags at the festival. It just happens that in 2006 a number of them were yelling TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! I doubt any of the members of Massive Attack lost any sleep over it. They're a UK band, and it was probably a nice change of pace not having the hecklers throw urine at them.

Mugwog
what is 'TOOL's element'? dumpy arenas in toledo? where would you want to hear Aenima other than the shores of Arizona Bay?

More so not being apart of a lineup for a festival. Scheduling can be a nightmare at festivals IMO for some bands such as Tool.

heart cooks brain
08-01-2012, 04:33 PM
in what way?

Mugwog
08-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Less time for sets, not enough transition time between equipment changes for bands, sometimes tech problems with visuals/soundcheck. Having seen some of the main headliners and smaller bands at smaller venues and Coachella, there are definitely some performances that felt a little more disorganized at the festival.

I mean, Gorillaz for fuck's sake was a nightmare, then I saw them later that year at the Gibson with all of the guests who were supposed to perform with them at Coachella, it was a show you just didn't want to end in addition to it not getting cut off on a somber note.

theresalwaysone
08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
Less time for sets, not enough transition time between equipment changes for bands, sometimes tech problems with visuals/soundcheck. Having seen some of the main headliners and smaller bands at smaller venues and Coachella, there are definitely some performances that felt a little more disorganized at the festival.

I mean, Gorillaz for fuck's sake was a nightmare, then I saw them later that year at the Gibson with all of the guests who were supposed to perform with them at Coachella, it was a show you just didn't want to end in addition to it not getting cut off on a somber note.

I thought this was a widely understood law of music festivals.

solo performance > festival performance

Always.

Mr. Dylanja
08-02-2012, 12:49 AM

Always.

False.

You could easily argue that Tool @ Bonnaroo > any Tool show since '01. Late night at Bonnaroo, Sahara Tent before it went to shit, sunset sets etc. Festivals have plenty going for them that can outweigh an individual show.

theresalwaysone
08-02-2012, 05:59 PM
False.

You could easily argue that Tool @ Bonnaroo > any Tool show since '01. Late night at Bonnaroo, Sahara Tent before it went to shit, sunset sets etc. Festivals have plenty going for them that can outweigh an individual show.

"You could easily argue that Tool @ Bonnaroo > any Tool show since '01"

Give me 5 reasons why it's better than any Tool show since 01.

bobert
08-02-2012, 06:52 PM

What if he's only got 4 reasons, but they're really good reasons.

I can honestly think of at least two dozen examples of bands I've seen in both settings, whose festival performances were superior to their solo venue shows.

nine day brawl
08-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Apples to oranges, and we'll always be left to wonder how the Gorillaz would have done if it wasn't for the fucking volcano.

Mr. Dylanja
08-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Let me preface by saying it wasn't my personal favorite, but I could make a legitimate case for it.

1. Longest setlist since '01.
2. Most talkative I've ever seen Maynard, he was fucking with the crowd between every song.
3. Tom Morello coming out and delivering what I'm sure most consider the most talked about live version of Lateralus. He answered a god damn phone during his solo.
4. Frying your face off, turning around and seeing the lasers go further than yours eyes could see.
5. The Roots opened.
6. After the show you could mosey on over and watch John Paul Jones play Zepplin tunes with ?uestlove on the drum kit. And if that's not your thing, The Black Keys and The Flaming Lips were also playing.

anonimouse
08-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I just hate that Tool constantly has some of the best openers and they always get booed

thats because a very large number of Tool fans are dbags that dont care about anything that isnt TOOL. i say let Tool headline again as their fans tend to be the obsessive "i'm going to camp at this stage wearing my black T-shirt, shorts and doc martins from 12 noon until TOOL plays 10 hours later" types, thus leaving the field more open for... bros...

*sigh*

yea i dont even know anymore

Bumblebee
08-02-2012, 09:52 PM

Always.

While that may be generally/mostly true there's plenty of exceptions. Some acts really step up their game if it's pivitol appearance/media exposure, they have guests, have unique production or certain setlist variation.

For me it's much more of a case by case basis and where they are on the festival schedule. Yet another reason to hate GV policy of releasing it a couple dozen hours before the festival begins.

I could also name a handful of acts where I actually prefer SHORTER sets(Bob Dylan...)

theStank
08-16-2012, 07:12 AM
sounds unreal!!! I am trying to picture it all......... DAMN!!!

Mr. Dylanja
11-24-2012, 08:32 PM
*fingers crossed, fuckers*

http://www.blabbermouth.net/soulflypremiere/ozzfestjapantool.jpg

http://loudwire.com/slash-deftones-tool-stone-sour-join-ozzfest-japan-lineup/

crombrenner
11-24-2012, 09:16 PM

This bodes well. Am I being greedy asking for Sabbath and Deftones to be there too?

nbvcide
11-24-2012, 09:23 PM
having seen all three, i'd rather have Tool on the polo..i feel they did good not having Sabbath this past year.

Mr. Dylanja
11-24-2012, 09:32 PM
Considering APC/Puscifer is playing Lolla Chile on 4-6/7 it's safe to say the Tool will be closer to home. And if Tool does play, I predict May May doing an unprecedented triple-dip. :lool

Also, Deftones would be sick late night in a tent, or opening for Tool.

crombrenner
11-24-2012, 09:33 PM
having seen all three, i'd rather have Tool on the polo..i feel they did good not having Sabbath this past year.

Completely agree, just being a little greedy.

nathanfairchild
11-24-2012, 10:34 PM
I wanna go to Japan.

mrhand
11-24-2012, 10:47 PM
..i feel they did good not having Sabbath this past year.

They need to continue doing good. There are far too many other good options to consider wasting a headliner slot on Ozzy bumbling and muttering his way across the stage.

RotationSlimWang
11-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Considering APC/Puscifer is playing Lolla Chile on 4-6/7 it's safe to say the Tool will be closer to home. And if Tool does play, I predict May May doing an unprecedented triple-dip. :lool

It took me like three tries to figure out what this sentence meant.

That being said, if APC and Tool both played I'd be handing out blowjobs like handshakes.

obzen
11-24-2012, 11:13 PM
I like how they put Tool and Deftones on different days, fuckers.

heart cooks brain
11-25-2012, 06:30 AM
They need to continue doing good. There are far too many other good options to consider wasting a headliner slot on Ozzy bumbling and muttering his way across the stage.

ozzy didn't bumble or mutter his way around stage in august.

he was quite alert and coherent.

grannock
11-25-2012, 07:40 AM
I wanna go to Japan.

Look at an ozzfest lineup from 2008. Other than tool, this is pretty horrible.

roboticwaltz
11-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I remember back in '06 after Tool's performance, they posted a blog entry on their site entitled "CoacHELLa" where BMB basically talked about how much of miserable experience the whole thing was. This leads me to believe that they wouldn't really want to play again, but I will always hold out hope for a return.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 06:35 PM
i saw Tool at a KROQ-fest a couple of years ago playing with Linkin Park at the Pomona fairgrounds....i don't think they will avoid chella.

Also, Deftones would be sick late night in a tent, or opening for Tool.

while i agree that the festival dates make Tool seem possible (and for the same reasons i suspect Danzig Legacy will play), Lolla is much more the kind of festival for Deftones, and they even put them on the 3rd stage from 5-6pm, and before Beats Antique. I don't see GV giving them a Subheadliner slot, or even main stage. Closing Mojave, or late afternoon Outdoor maybe.. but yeah, i think Maynard is going to pull triple duty.

mrhand
11-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I remember back in '06 after Tool's performance, they posted a blog entry on their site entitled "CoacHELLa" where BMB basically talked about how much of miserable experience the whole thing was. This leads me to believe that they wouldn't really want to play again, but I will always hold out hope for a return.

Go read it again. April 2006 newsletter. The fact that BMB had some hassle with a few security guards has zero bearing on how the actual band enjoyed Coachella 2006, and even less influence on whether they would play again.

You're making a mountain out of nothing.

Pea
11-27-2012, 07:30 PM
The fact that BMB had some hassle with a few security guards has zero bearing on how the actual band enjoyed Coachella 2006, and even less influence on whether they would play again.

2013 CONFIRMED

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
and i doubt GV is using the same security company now that they used in '06 anyway..i know they went through a couple of campground security companies the last few years.

roboticwaltz
11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Go read it again. April 2006 newsletter. The fact that BMB had some hassle with a few security guards has zero bearing on how the actual band enjoyed Coachella 2006, and even less influence on whether they would play again.

You're making a mountain out of nothing.

Fair enough. I don't remember at least 50% of things I read six years ago.

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Hardcore TOOL fans know he doesn't tour most April because of his winery and him having to be present, even day trips. 2002ish might be the last time he toured that time of year. 2006 was first week in May.

Riggins33
11-27-2012, 08:32 PM
This band is full of Douche Bags, each one of em are Tools.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Good point. and this would be two weekends. although if it was just TOOL, he could still play. they haven't seemed to be touring as much lately as playing a lot of one-off shows. And the Polo is about as close a venue to his winery for a large show..

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Good point. and this would be two weekends. although if it was just TOOL, he could still play. they haven't seemed to be touring as much lately as playing a lot of one-off shows. And the Polo is about as close a venue to his winery for a large show..

No way would GV book an act twice on the same tour and TOOL have zero known confirmed new songs since the 2006 album. Last report I heard 3 of them had material but MJK hadn't provided any lyrics. MJK got bored of Tool quite some time ago and it pays for his other interests.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 08:42 PM
the fuck are u talking about?

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 08:45 PM
the fuck are u talking about?

GV won't book TOOL again unless there is new stuff. Last report had them nowhere near done and MJK is distracted by other interests right now.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 08:45 PM

3 weeks after Coachella

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 08:47 PM
GV won't book TOOL again unless there is new stuff. Last report had them nowhere near done and MJK is distracted by other interests right now.

Please tell me what new material Rage had when GV booked them?

microcuts
11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Tool doing ÆNIMA at Coachella (or elsewhere) would be great. Sure, maybe a stretch, but they did dabble in some of that album's deeper cuts on recent tours. And APC did full album performances, so MJK can't completely be against the idea.

bobert
11-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Do you have a link to this Tool State of the Union Report?? (Nothing from their website qualifies as relevant info btw.) I agree they'd never play Coachella again without a new album but everything you've said in the last page is the same shit I've been hearing about Tool since 2003.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 08:55 PM
i would KILL for ÆNIMA in it's entirety at Coachella...just for Third Eye alone, OMGGGG

i don't see how they could do it, that album in particular, a few songs i don't see translating live. I think Smashing Pumpkins are going to do some Mellon Collie & Infinite Sadness shows next year..

as for the new album, i'm positive we'll have a release date for it by April, Coachella or not. And i'll bet they do a new song at their next shows..

microcuts
11-27-2012, 09:06 PM
OK, Mellon Collie shows would be way better than that Oceania crap they pulled last month. They actually had Groupon deals for $20 floor tickets for the show here.

Interludes aside, I think Jimmy might be the only Ænima song never performed live. And they may have even done that one.

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Do you have a link to this Tool State of the Union Report?? (Nothing from their website qualifies as relevant info btw.) I agree they'd never play Coachella again without a new album but everything you've said in the last page is the same shit I've been hearing about Tool since 2003.

http://gunshyassassin.com/news/tool-drummer-talks-new-album/
Don't think they are nearing completion 4 months later. MJK has been active with non-TOOL commitments since then.

When was the last time Maynard toured the last 3 weeks in April?

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
OK, Mellon Collie shows would be way better than that Oceania crap they pulled last month. They actually had Groupon deals for $20 floor tickets for the show here.

At least they didn't cancel your show. They canned Vancouver while keeping other arena shows that only did 3,000+.

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Please tell me what new material Rage had when GV booked them?

RATM released an album between the 1999 show and 2007 show .....it just came out a couple weeks after the first appearance.

It's a reunion anomoly. Kraftwerk, Pavement and potentially Blur/New Order are in a similar boat.

Winehouse(pre-cancellation) might apply too. Did MIA do Coachella twice on the same album?

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 09:26 PM

Interludes aside, I think Jimmy might be the only Ænima song never performed live. And they may have even done that one.

Frankly, I like Oceania. But I also liked Zeitgeist more than any of their albums since Mellon Collie.. but i wouldn't wanna pay to see the Oceania set + encore, unless it was a festival, which would mean a very short encore.

I'm positive i have a jimmy live bootleg somewhere, but i was thinking (-) Ions or Cesaro Summability or Die Eier von Satan (the last they prob did on that albums tour though)..they don't do Third Eye often, and that's my fav song ever. Live, and at the Polo. that would be a coachella moment.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 09:32 PM
RATM released an album between the 1999 show and 2007 show .....it just came out a couple weeks after the first appearance.

It's a reunion anomoly. Kraftwerk, Pavement and potentially Blur/New Order are in a similar boat.

Winehouse(pre-cancellation) might apply too. Did MIA do Coachella twice on the same album?

yes on MIA, several other acts have done it too..Electric Touch, Sleigh Bells, several Sahara acts..

that doesn't count with Rage, it came out a few weeks later..they played those songs at the set, or at least the only ones they ever play off that album.

microcuts
11-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Frankly, I like Oceania. But I also liked Zeitgeist more than any of their albums since Mellon Collie.. but i wouldn't wanna pay to see the Oceania set + encore, unless it was a festival, which would mean a very short encore.

I'm positive i have a jimmy live bootleg somewhere, but i was thinking (-) Ions or Cesaro Summability or Die Eier von Satan (the last they prob did on that albums tour though)..they don't do Third Eye often, and that's my fav song ever. Live, and at the Polo. that would be a coachella moment.

I don't mind Oceania either, but the whole thing taking up 60+ mins of a setlist, and then not even doing an entire set after that was just brutal. I've still yet to see this band even though they have been around a few times since 07.

(-) Ions is pretty much played nightly still to this date as an intro to Stinkfist.. albeit shortened and in playback/tape form. Stuff like Useful Idiot and Msg to Harry Manback live would be pretty much pointless, though.

Bumblebee
11-27-2012, 09:51 PM
yes on MIA, several other acts have done it too..Electric Touch, Sleigh Bells, several Sahara acts..

that doesn't count with Rage, it came out a few weeks later..they played those songs at the set, or at least the only ones they ever play off that album.

An interesting test is if GV books the Pixies without new material. They've been quiet for awhile now.

nbvcide
11-27-2012, 10:18 PM
I don't mind Oceania either, but the whole thing taking up 60+ mins of a setlist, and then not even doing an entire set after that was just brutal. I've still yet to see this band even though they have been around a few times since 07.

(-) Ions is pretty much played nightly still to this date as an intro to Stinkfist.. albeit shortened and in playback/tape form. Stuff like Useful Idiot and Msg to Harry Manback live would be pretty much pointless, though.

i assumed they'd just be played between songs, much like their other samples..saw the 07 incarnation, i liked them. but i can't stand the new drummer, at all. but they're playing the harder old stuff again, like XYU and An Ode To No One..

bobert
11-27-2012, 10:20 PM
When was the last time Maynard toured the last 3 weeks in April?

April 30th, 2006 at the Polo Fields. Next question.

Mr. Dylanja
11-27-2012, 10:36 PM
STOP RESPONDING TO BUMBLEBEE

microuts: oldie but goodie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBgAYO5XWOE

ocbruin84
11-27-2012, 11:23 PM
and i doubt GV is using the same security company now that they used in '06 anyway..i know they went through a couple of campground security companies the last few years.

i.e. Craigslist

microcuts
11-27-2012, 11:30 PM
microuts: oldie but goodie

Nice! Thanks - now I've got myself all excited at the prospect of a full album Tool performance that will probably never happen, ugh.

nine day brawl
11-28-2012, 04:00 AM
think for yourself, question a bumblebee

nbvcide
11-28-2012, 08:24 AM
think for yourself, question a bumblebee

HA! sig worthy.

and yeah, i think that was the same show i had the bootleg from lolz

theStank
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Bumblebee??? New album is done.......... duh? Its gonna be released on December 21st. Is what the heads are saying on fourtheye.net

s m e l l m e f i n g e r

Disposition
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM

They opened with Third Eye almost every date on the tour before last. I know it wasn't played much before that, but it's not exactly a rare song anymore...

theStank
11-28-2012, 07:26 PM
They opened with Third Eye almost every date on the tour before last. I know it wasn't played much before that, but it's not exactly a rare song anymore...

when they popped this in Honolulu back in 2011 I was TRRRRRRRRRIP'N Balls on some White Rhino Mush. The Timothy Leary intro really dragged me in! I really hope they show. The digs at Coachella are so unreal and to have them there would just make my 2nd experience in the desert that much better. Big fan is all, Big fan of TOOL too!

obzen
11-28-2012, 11:51 PM
New LP out December 22, 2012 -- after the end of the world and stuff.

Disposition
11-29-2012, 10:33 AM
when they popped this in Honolulu back in 2011 I was TRRRRRRRRRIP'N Balls on some White Rhino Mush. The Timothy Leary intro really dragged me in! I really hope they show. The digs at Coachella are so unreal and to have them there would just make my 2nd experience in the desert that much better. Big fan is all, Big fan of TOOL too!

Sounds like quite an experience! I just looked up that show's setlist and saw that Kirk Hammet played with them on a Lateralus/Orion medley?? Haha I never would've believed that, but saw the video and it actually sounded pretty sick. Learn something new everyday...

grannock
11-29-2012, 12:16 PM

Really? I've been predicting this is when the album would drop for about 2 or 3 years now. It just seems so Maynard to do something like this. Let the idiots hype up the end of the world and sell some records while sitting back and laughing at the general populations extreme stupidity.

adayum
11-29-2012, 06:37 PM

Evidence?

IceyHotshot
11-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Evidence?

Whoosh

theStank
11-30-2012, 07:09 AM
"Oh look its Kirk!" MJK. A blen of two great songs. The instrumentals, the instumentals!!

Sounds like quite an experience! I just looked up that show's setlist and saw that Kirk Hammet played with them on a Lateralus/Orion medley?? Haha I never would've believed that, but saw the video and it actually sounded pretty sick. Learn something new everyday...

Disposition
11-30-2012, 09:55 AM
Evidence?

I've been saying 12-22-12 for awhile now, but here is evidence that it's not even recorded yet, which I believe to be true. This was posted 10-06-12.

"Former Isis singer/guitarist Aaron Turner gave a tidbit of Tool news in a new interview, from FourthEye.net:

Interview with Aaron Turner a few nights ago on RRR radio. They asked him what albums he was looking forward to in 2013. He mentioned Tool and the interviewer commented on the massive gap of nothingness since 10,000 Days. Turner replied that he had heard it from the band themselves that they are looking to start recording the new album in January / February."

Tool and Isis are at least somewhat close. I remember them opening for Tool back around 2006 at Staples Center.

StarsAreBurning
11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Really? I've been predicting this is when the album would drop for about 2 or 3 years now. It just seems so Maynard to do something like this. Let the idiots hype up the end of the world and sell some records while sitting back and laughing at the general populations extreme stupidity.

i was going to say that's So Raven of him to do that, but yeah So Maynard of him sounds much better

obzen
12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
OMG WERE ALL LEIK CONNECTEDZ SUBCONSCIOUSLY

StarsAreBurning
12-01-2012, 12:45 PM
THIRD EYE BRAHZ

theStank
12-01-2012, 02:36 PM
PRY IT OPEN

chbludevil
12-01-2012, 06:02 PM
DMT

Bendulum
12-02-2012, 12:27 AM
. . . and fuck all these hip gangster wannabes.

grannock
12-02-2012, 05:38 AM
Fuck all these gangs of hipster wannabees

theStank
12-05-2012, 10:31 AM
TOOL in Japan officially confirmed at http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html so this could be a real possibility!!

"...........for them, tomorrow is the holocaust!!!"

heart cooks brain
12-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Sagt die Zauberworter

theStank
12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Sagt die Zauberworter
"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"

obzen
12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
UNHOLY BALLS OF SATAN

CONFIRMED

theStank
12-05-2012, 03:31 PM
^COPY THAT

Bumblebee
12-06-2012, 06:47 PM
April 30th, 2006 at the Polo Fields. Next question.

MJK started getting involved with wineries sometime around 2003/2004, starting as a minority partner then strating his own winery from scratch(takes a couple years). Since then he's asked his agent to keep most of April open, which should include Coachella.

2003 - Lolla summer dates(APC)
2004 - initially kept half of April open, but did shuffle some dates because of his voice. April 11/12/13/14/15 were still left open.
2005 - off year
2006 - Tool tour starts at Coachella April 30th
2007 - Tool end in Japan in Feb. Tool starts again in Vegas April 27th
2008 - off year
2009 - Puscifer do Vegas in Feb and LA Nokia April 4/5, then full tour in Nov. Tool shows in summer.
2010 - Puscifer ends tour April 3. Tool in summer. APC tour in November
2011 - Tool finished Pacific rim in Feb. APC starts May 22. Puscifer in Fall
2012 - Tool US ends in Feb 8. Puscifer Feb 23 - March 18. Tool/Puscifer St. Paul festival in June.
2013 - Tool Japan May 12

After 2004 he hasn't played between April 5th and April 27th. There's some crucial period in April where you have to be on your winery in Arizona or you can lose your entire crop to frost. In other words, the chances of Puscifer playing Stagecoach are much higher than Tool/APC ever appearing at Coachella again as long as he owns that winery.

heart cooks brain
12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
IWILLNOTOLERATE

theStank
12-07-2012, 07:46 AM
THROW THAT BOB MARLEY WANNA BE MOTHERFUCKER OUTTA HERE

Longinus
12-07-2012, 07:53 AM
I'm with bumblebeetuna. Tool is not happening, ladies.
We are getting Rush though.
And the meek shall inherit the earth...
Thread is now a Rush thread.

theStank
12-07-2012, 07:57 AM
M E H
He can a helicopter tp flip him over to Jerome. With EASE!! GV will do it

nbvcide
12-07-2012, 09:06 AM
it does make sense....damn.

*EDIT: he could, knowing the weather in AZ that season, but not in advance enough to make the announcement/poster. as far as NEVER playing, i could see APC or Puscifer showing up on the set times the week before ala Kanye/Beck/Sean Penn..if the groundhog sees his shadow anyway.

theStank
12-15-2012, 04:12 PM
Wondering when coachella will make a line up announcement? On TA site BMB is claiming some sorta news from TOOL on the 5th of January

nbvcide
12-15-2012, 04:29 PM
the fact that it falls on a saturday makes me think you may be right..

mrhand
12-15-2012, 10:33 PM
the fact that it falls on a saturday makes me think you may be right..

I hope that was sarcasm.

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 06:35 AM
but i think it's safe to say that the album is not coming out 12/22/12. we would already have info on it and units would have become available for presale & shipping. If anything, it's probably to announce the album release date. if that happens and we still have no coachella lineup, i say it's even more likely.

heart cooks brain
12-16-2012, 08:27 AM
YEAH LINEUP ON NEW YESRS EVE WOO

heart cooks brain
12-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Plus coachella tickets go up on fridays god you suck at this.

heart cooks brain
12-16-2012, 08:48 AM
Neither am i you fucking dolt.

GuyInTucson
12-16-2012, 08:51 AM
Tickets have never gone on sale on a Saturday. Try again.

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 09:30 AM

didn't they go on sale on a thursday in 2008?

heart cooks brain
12-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Relevant.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2012/01/coachella-2012-remaining-tickets-go-on-sale-friday.html

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 09:50 AM
:rolleyes

nick5745
12-16-2012, 10:11 AM
but i think it's safe to say that the album is not coming out 12/22/12. we would already have info on it and units would have become available for presale & shipping. If anything, it's probably to announce the album release date. if that happens and we still have no coachella lineup, i say it's even more likely.

When was 12/22/12 mentioned for anything related to new material? was it recent?

microcuts
12-16-2012, 10:17 AM
When was 12/22/12 mentioned for anything related to new material? was it recent?

I think it was just thrown around in this thread, so nothing official.

Whatever "announcement" is coming on January 5th probably has nothing to do with a new album - from Blair's November newsletter: "Yet another reason to watch the site is that while at a Lakers' game a couple of weeks ago, an oracle told me to expect lots of news in the coming weeks. So far, nothing much has come my way, but when it does... I don't think it will have anything to do with TOOL's NEXT RECORD (gotcha!), as they are still involved in the writing process (which I already said). Nor will it be about any stocking stuffer TOOL LIVE DVD (gotcha again!), which I haven't heard anything about for eons. What this news will be about, however, should be exciting to many Tool enthusiasts."

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 10:22 AM
i was referring to the first post on the previous page and related discussion

nick5745
12-16-2012, 10:43 AM

Whatever "announcement" is coming on January 5th probably has nothing to do with a new album - from Blair's November newsletter: "Yet another reason to watch the site is that while at a Lakers' game a couple of weeks ago, an oracle told me to expect lots of news in the coming weeks. So far, nothing much has come my way, but when it does... I don't think it will have anything to do with TOOL's NEXT RECORD (gotcha!), as they are still involved in the writing process (which I already said). Nor will it be about any stocking stuffer TOOL LIVE DVD (gotcha again!), which I haven't heard anything about for eons. What this news will be about, however, should be exciting to many Tool enthusiasts."

I can only guess this means some sort of tour, at least they told us what it WOULDN'T be lol

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 10:47 AM
they've already been announcing dates, for festivals, in 2013.

it says 'to many tool enthusiasts', not 'all tool fans'. so i think it's a small announcement, if not Coachella, then some collectible merch of some kind.

microcuts
12-16-2012, 10:51 AM
^
yeah maybe it was referencing the pillows that are up for sale. Or the Grapes of Bath picture with maymay in the tub.

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 10:52 AM
pics?

nick5745
12-16-2012, 11:00 AM
pics?

http://207.7.138.58/images/news/MJKwinebath

RotationSlimWang
12-16-2012, 11:01 AM
I hope they go the In Rainbows route with this release. If anybody has the kind of fanatical, obsessive fans who will make it a profitable distribution model--paying just out of love for the band and also willing to buy really expensive collectors' editions--it's Tool. Plus they hate record companies so fuck it, why not?

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 11:08 AM
:thu

^
yeah maybe it was referencing the pillows that are up for sale. Or the Grapes of Bath picture with maymay in the tub.

is that the image on the pillow? hehe that's what i love about em. your quote would be an obvious joke if it was about almost any other band, but with Tool you never know..

microcuts
12-16-2012, 01:00 PM
Decorative pillows are made from recycled t-shirts.

http://shop.toolarmy.com/v/vspfiles/photos/DAATHPILLOW-2.jpg
http://shop.toolarmy.com/v/vspfiles/photos/DAATHPILLOW-3.jpg
http://shop.toolarmy.com/v/vspfiles/photos/NOBPILLOW-2.jpg
http://shop.toolarmy.com/v/vspfiles/photos/NOBPILLOW-3.jpg

nbvcide
12-16-2012, 03:51 PM
omgggg i need one with the 10,000 days album art

NIN shirts would lend to this rather well too..

grannock
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
I hope they go the In Rainbows route with this release. If anybody has the kind of fanatical, obsessive fans who will make it a profitable distribution model--paying just out of love for the band and also willing to buy really expensive collectors' editions--it's Tool. Plus they hate record companies so fuck it, why not?

Yep

heart cooks brain
12-17-2012, 11:28 AM
"Popular progressive metal band Tool are apparently more than halfway done with the writing of their upcoming album.

Tool's official website, toolband.com, was able to listen to a few new songs. According to the author, the songs did not include vocals from singer Maynard James Keenan. However, he went on to describe the songs by saying that "it sounded like... Tool (some of it reminiscent to earlier Tool stuff, with other parts pushing the envelope)".

The author also mentioned that the writing process usually goes faster "once the first few [more complex] songs were finished"."

Source: http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html

heart cooks brain
12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
only 5 years to go guys!

theStank
12-17-2012, 06:57 PM
sometimes I dont like you........ most of the time I just dont give a fuck! but now, your....... ok
i can wait 5 mo'damn years as long as its quality

theStank
12-18-2012, 09:42 AM
B A A A A

Mr. Dylanja
12-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Is Tool still a thing?

theStank
12-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Apparently so Mr. Dylanja.

theStank
01-02-2013, 07:28 AM
Was talking with an insider for TOOL at the APC gig in LV....... actually the guy is a friend of mine (just sounds more official)who I hang out with backstage at some of the TOOL shows. Anyways, he is saying that Danny has told him that the recording is done and that they are just waiting for MJK to finish the lyrics. We are looking at a new album 1st quarter of 2013 and REAL good chance of them playing Coachella. By the way the APC show in Vegas was pretty good. Sound was tight. No Judith, which is fine with me! Peace and Light

nick5745
01-02-2013, 12:58 PM
Was talking with an insider for TOOL at the APC gig in LV....... actually the guy is a friend of mine (just sounds more official)who I hang out with backstage at some of the TOOL shows. Anyways, he is saying that Danny has told him that the recording is done and that they are just waiting for MJK to finish the lyrics. We are looking at a new album 1st quarter of 2013 and REAL good chance of them playing Coachella. By the way the APC show in Vegas was pretty good. Sound was tight. No Judith, which is fine with me! Peace and Light

Here's to hoping you're not just talking out of your ass

malcolmjamalawesome
01-02-2013, 01:01 PM

Just to be sure, nobody told you that there is a "good chance" of an album release in first quarter 2013 or Coachella, right? You're just extrapolating that from being told an album, without lyrics, is in the process of being recorded?

WhyTheLongFace
01-02-2013, 01:17 PM
There is no "Good chance" of them being at coachella. If they haven't already signed a contract they won't be there lol. It's yes or no.

menikmati
01-02-2013, 01:28 PM
They won't be there. Get over it.

obzen
01-02-2013, 03:46 PM
lul, spirit crushers.

theStank
01-02-2013, 04:29 PM
Here's to hoping you're not just talking out of your ass

* F A R T * You speak ass aswell? Danny, Adam and Justin ARE done. Waiting on Maynard. I am just being positive about my "assumptions" of us getting an album in the 1st quarter and a possibilty of them playing Coachella in regards to Blair's ever confusing ramblings of this, that and the other? Guess we will find out once the line-up is revealed, and if not, oh well, guess I'll have to see them elsewhere.

Bumblebee
01-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Danny, Adam and Justin ARE done. Waiting on Maynard. I am just being positive about my "assumptions" of us getting an album in the 1st quarter and a possibilty of them playing Coachella in regards to Blair's ever confusing ramblings of this, that and the other? Guess we will find out once the line-up is revealed, and if not, oh well, guess I'll have to see them elsewhere.

Even if lyrics and all vocals were complete as of today(wishful thinking), I don't think they could get a release out before Coachella W1. For one they do things at a snail's pace, they need to co-ordinate all first week sales promotions(30-40% of all sales on 10k Days in the US) and their management sure as hell wouldn't be booking non-headline gigs to promote it.

theStank
01-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Even if lyrics and all vocals were complete as of today(wishful thinking), I don't think they could get a release out before Coachella W1. For one they do things at a snail's pace, they need to co-ordinate all first week sales promotions(30-40% of all sales on 10k Days in the US) and their management sure as hell wouldn't be booking non-headline gigs to promote it.

Why would Coachella be a non-headlining gig? Where exactly do they sit on the line-up for Ozzfest?

heart cooks brain
01-03-2013, 08:27 AM
pretty sure they're under slipknot.

buuuuuut they'd obviously headline coachella.

theStank
01-03-2013, 08:47 AM
pretty sure they're under slipknot.

buuuuuut they'd obviously headline coachella.

I'd slit my wrists if they'd open for Slipknot....... pretty sure they are opening for Black Sabbath, which is a pretty good place to be.

obzen
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
So is there still going to be an announcement tomorrow regarding Tool or what?

heart cooks brain
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
i thought the announcement was on the 11th?

nick5745
01-05-2013, 01:23 AM
So is there still going to be an announcement tomorrow regarding Tool or what?

Today I believe yeah

nick5745
01-05-2013, 01:26 AM

here's the quote

bobert
01-05-2013, 02:45 AM
I bet it's a deluxe blu-ray version of the Vicarious DVD. With bonus features.

theStank
01-05-2013, 04:03 AM
^Bahahahaha!!! Wouldn't surprise me either!

nick5745
01-05-2013, 10:31 AM

lol, that would really suck (in perspective)

obzen
01-05-2013, 11:34 AM

HAHAHAHA, YES!!!

ABUSE ME TUUL - ABUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

nick5745
01-05-2013, 02:46 PM
*waits*

nick5745
01-05-2013, 04:09 PM
http://www.fourtheye.net/2013/01/adam-drops-the-pot-hint/

if this is it...i'm gunna be pissed...a video for the Pot? Really??

theStank
01-05-2013, 07:23 PM
http://www.fourtheye.net/2013/01/adam-drops-the-pot-hint/

if this is it...i'm gunna be pissed...a video for the Pot? Really??

this could be it?

microcuts
01-05-2013, 09:48 PM
It probably is - they weren't exactly punctual with the Lateralus-era single releases... or the vinyl for that matter. Why should 10K days era close out any differently.

obzen
01-05-2013, 10:27 PM
Tool is trolling the fuck out of us.

theStank
01-06-2013, 04:01 AM
I am thinking that there is gonna be some sorta other announcement....... nothing has been posted on TA yet. God Damn

obzen
01-06-2013, 09:17 AM
SHIT THE BED

theStank
01-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Its sorta good that nothing official has come down the pipe yet! When does this place release the line up?

Bumblebee
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
Danny Carey played(fusion pet project) the baked potato in LA last night and will do so again on the 25th.

Ask him directly.

theStank
01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Oh really.......... who the heck is Danny Carey?

heart cooks brain
01-07-2013, 04:13 PM
What is 'playing the baked potato' a euphemism for?

Bumblebee
01-07-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.thebakedpotato.com/Calendars/Jan/January13.html

1/6 and 1/25