PDA

View Full Version : Sleigh Bells

kvnty
07-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Sleigh Bells is a great band and an absolute riot live. Any haters can go fist each others' asses.

Boourns
07-21-2012, 06:17 PM
I just listened to their new album and it's pretty good. I will give their live show another chance while on Boatchella.

concertgoer
07-21-2012, 06:22 PM
They were good at Pitchfork last weekend, but I still think they are much better indoors.

kvnty
07-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Maybe it's that they bring out my inner "bitch #1 in high school movie" side, but, fuck, does this band speak to me. And they're probably the main reason I'm chancing this "cruise." I saw them twice in SoCal this year (once in El Lay at the greatest venue on earth, the Mayan, and a few months later in Pomona), and they brought the shit both times. And the crowd is always soooo hawt. FYF and SS Coachy, here's I come!

kvnty
07-24-2012, 09:59 PM
They were good at Pitchfork last weekend, but I still think they are much better indoors.

You practically saw (or had a chance to see) most of the worthier bands of SS Coachy.

nathanfairchild
07-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Maybe it's that they bring out my inner "bitch #1 in high school movie" side, but, fuck, does this band speak to me. And they're probably the main reason I'm chancing this "cruise." I saw them twice in SoCal this year (once in El Lay at the greatest venue on earth, the Mayan, and a few months later in Pomona), and they brought the shit both times. And the crowd is always soooo hawt. FYF and SS Coachy, here's I come!

between now and when this cruise happens you'll realistically get another 45 chances to see them.

ocbruin84
07-27-2012, 09:02 AM
POISON THE WELL FTW

suprefan
07-27-2012, 01:32 PM
:blah

kvnty
10-28-2012, 11:08 PM
:blah

For the record, fuckwad, Sleigh Bells were one of the most intense concerts I saw this year (FYF Fest).

kfordham
01-27-2013, 04:03 AM
The first time and only time I saw Sleigh Bells, I went into them without any judgement. But as they got deeper into their set the more I realized that it wasn't for me. I'm not saying they suck, or that you are wrong for listening to them, but I just feel that for me personally, time is better spent listening to or watching another band, or just chit chatting with strange folk. Also, the barrier fell and ripped some guys thumb off during their set at FYF last year, and that's an atrocity, while not necessarily a fault of their own, that simply can not be ignored. They never did find that man's thumb.

sonofhal
01-27-2013, 04:21 AM
This is great to hear. Many sleepless nights spent wondering if Sleigh Bells had clicked for kfordham. 1 thumb up.

Boourns
01-27-2013, 05:08 AM
I ducked out of their set early when bit became apparent they weren't going to play "ring ring" and the whole schtick wore thin.

kvnty
01-27-2013, 11:19 AM
This is great to hear. Many sleepless nights spent wondering if Sleigh Bells had clicked for kfordham. 1 thumb up.

And thank god kfordham doesn't think we're wrong for listening to a band. I was getting really worried there for a while.