PDA

View Full Version : whats it like...

Brandon
01-23-2007, 09:08 AM
is there alot of dodgy ppl at this festival usually? i come from england and go to a really cool festival called Glastonbury,but thats just hippies and good but some festivals are rough!
soooo whats this one like? shud i watch my tent and its goods alot?

devon
01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
I heard Glastonbury's awesome!

Coachella is awesome, not dodgy at all, they have all types of people there as they have all types of music playing :) But I didn't really see any dodgy people. Honestly, last year was my first year and was the best time of my life! I did hear of people stealing some stuff last year, not too much though, but still that was pretty lame. Just don't leave anything that's worth a lot to u unattended, and really thats true no matter where you are.

Devon

tiffdud41
01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
I totally agree with devon. Last year was my first time and I was alone (all my pals that were supposed to go with me totally flaked out on me!). I had no problems and never felt uncomfortable or worried about anything.

suprefan
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
is there alot of dodgy ppl at this festival usually? i come from england and go to a really cool festival called Glastonbury,but thats just hippies and good but some festivals are rough!
soooo whats this one like? shud i watch my tent and its goods alot?

Yeah Glastonbury is probably the best U.K. fest, with Reading/Leeds, Isle of Wright,T In The Park, Creamfields etc etc right up there too... This is a totally different vibe. If you want to get a lock for your tent by all means more power to you. In my experience(this is my 5 coachella) there has never been a theft reported on the camping grounds. There is security 24/7 and everyone here knows that if people start stealing from other tents and stuff that there will be more security and it wont be so much fun to camp if you are constantly being watched... And there is a noise curfew so you wont have partying crazy people til the sun comes up everyday..

GTI_GRL
01-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Last year was my first year as well, no major issues at all. Its a very relaxed group. As for camping, if you want sleep get a spot away from the bars, showers, and front gate. We were near the middle and it was perfect. We had nothing stolen, and I didn't hear of anything major stolen. The only thing I heard of was a pair of flipflops from one of the showers.

somewhatdamaged
01-24-2007, 12:46 AM
Coachella Fest is the best. I live in the valley and every year everyone that goes are always nice and fuckkin awesome.

Bahamut727
01-24-2007, 01:03 AM
One of my favorite parts of coachella is the people camping. Everyone is really cool, getting along, and having a great time.