PDA

View Full Version : DJ Shadow Live

RockStr4Life
03-31-2007, 09:38 PM
I just got tickets for him and Cut Chemist at the Bowl and I'm way stoked...I dig their music. How does he play live? Does he put his samples on records and just spin them?

dalethethug
04-01-2007, 01:37 AM
i haven't seen shadow live, but cut chemist was great

English-in-Coachella
04-01-2007, 01:29 PM
I saw him live in Newcastle, UK

The gig was so amazing, his skills as a DJ are unique however i was mostly watching the videos playing behind him which where the best music videos ive ever seen. I suggest you see him, very different music experience..

R3d Snapper
04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I saw him open for massive attack at the greek, no clue how he plays but him and cut chemist should be awesome, im jealous.

Thehebrewhammer
04-01-2007, 08:37 PM
I saw Cut Chemist in november, it was a really sweet show.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uLr7IJYyNnM
He did this thing to end it all, which was perfect.

unknown
04-02-2007, 07:29 AM
I've only seen both live on dvd and they are amazing. Live In Tune and On Time is the Shadow DVD I rented from Netflix a while back. From what I gathered he used a turntable, a CDJ, his mixer, I believe a sampler/drum machine (I vaguely remember this, think it was an mpc but my memory is shot). Anywho... it seemed it was a nice gig; big screens with animation or video timed to the tunes and lots of old songs as well as his newer ones - this was when Private Press was new....

luveebunni08
04-02-2007, 07:31 AM
i saw that dvd too. my brother has the cd/dvd of it, so i was jammin to that for about a month. i'm thinking, given his last album "the outsider", it'll be more hip-hopish.

geO723
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
i saw that dvd too. my brother has the cd/dvd of it, so i was jammin to that for about a month. i'm thinking, given his last album "the outsider", it'll be more hip-hopish.

I saw Dj Shadow late last year, i think it was september. He started off with the classics and finished with organ donor. He pretty much plays the way that he plays on his cds. The usually beats and samples with the similarly placed scratches. Nothing new if thats what you are expecting. He includes some trippy videos and that is cool. He's still amazing.

Leckie
04-02-2007, 06:36 PM
if he plays blood on the motorway ill die a happy man

geO723
04-03-2007, 11:44 AM
if he plays blood on the motorway ill die a happy man

When i saw him he played that song and had a crazy video of some guy getting hit by a car over and over in slow motion. Very nice!