PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter To Paul Tollet

Pages : [1] 2

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 05:54 AM
Hello, sir. On behalf of myself and the rest of your message board--I place I'm happy to call my favorite hangout on the internet--I want to say that we really do appreciate everything you've done. Well, at least those of us who aren't miserable jerks appreciate everything you've done. I think I admire what you've accomplished with the Coachella festival as an environment to experience music more than I even admire the work of the legendary musicians who perform. You have made an event that becomes the most important weekend of the entire year to a lot of the people who attend, many of us knowing from that very first year that we'd never want to miss your festival again.

I know you get a lot of complaints every year it sells out from people who just have a knee-jerk reaction to the fact that they couldn't get tickets and want to blame you. In fact, I came to this board originally in 2007 specifically because I WAS one of the left out and I felt bitchy about it. After securing a ticket and hanging around a bit, I gained an appreciation for the fact that you can't make everyone happy. I've witnessed a wide array of very, very dumb suggestions by angry ticket-less newcomers with some half-baked idea about how the ticketing could be improved in some way that would have prevented the great injustice of their own personal failure to get a ticket. With full acknowledgement of the fact that I'm joining their ranks by typing this, I'd like to make a suggestion...

Each year you've been trying to develop more and more tactics to create a more united, dedicated population of attendees. The move to three day passes helps ensure that people going are truly there for the full Coachella experience, not just driving out for the day because they like a band or two. The drastic increase in ratio of campers to non-campers boosts the feeling of camaraderie and a shared experience. In response to the unfortunate circumstances of 2010, you switched to a wristband system that made it much more difficult to crash the gate or forge copies or scalp the passes at all. Then last year, the RFID chips were introduced and the accounts to register your wristband along with those various check-in sites around the fest not to mention forced car camping passes to be used by the purchaser only, I assume again to help reduce the chance of these passes falling into the hands of people who don't really want to attend.

Well, with all these systems you've put in place it seems to me that you could easily create a much more motivating reason to register one's wristband: some limited advanced pre-sales for anyone who already has a coachella.com account from previous year's attendance. Some might call it elitist, say that it's unfair to try to give an advantage to those who have already been to Coachella, that it's selfish to believe we deserve any kind of priority instead of a bright-eyed virgin Coacheller. Why should our good time be any more important than theirs?

I can't completely refute that sentiment, honestly. There's a point in there, but at the same time you have created something that means the world to a small part of the population, something that only very recently exploded in popularity to the degree that even though you doubled the number of tickets available it's now selling out faster and faster every year. And those of us who were there loyally back when a sold out Coachella was a shocking event are getting frighteningly unlucky buying tickets 11 months in advance without even seeing the lineup. We'd sign up for tickets through the end of the decade if there was an option, we just want to get to see our favorite place.

I'm not trying to say that you owe us anything for the years we've put in. I'm not trying to say that we're in any way better people than those who haven't attended. But if all these changes you've been making are intended to try to preserve the purity of your fest and us your grateful fans, why not provide a pre-pre-sale where those of us with coachella.com accounts can get a crack at a small piece of the ticket allotment before the rest of the world? Is there anything that wrong about taking a small step to try to help guarantee as many of your tickets as possible are getting to only people who really want to attend, who you know already appreciate it in fullness?

Lots of bands have fan presales. They realize that as they get extremely popular it becomes harder and harder for their most diehard and loyal followers to get decent tickets because there are so many casual fans vying for the same spots and the ticketing systems just can't handle the load in any way that consistently helps freaks like us who wait until EXACTLY 10 Am to hit refresh and made our frontgate accounts in advance and took every precaution possible, but still ended up instantly in a never-ending wait.

Your festival has gone from being The Pixies to The Beatles in all of three years. Could you maybe consider throwing a little something our way? We were there for you when you were still playing club shows and touring in your van.

Sincerely,
Randy F. Wang

P.S. I got a ticket actually, but I still think this is a good idea.

gaypalmsprings
05-18-2012, 05:57 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-iURy_NBPrl0/Tm-o4qNNJ8I/AAAAAAAADZ4/TSynh1foTxM/s400/giggety.jpg

Neighborhood Creep
05-18-2012, 06:34 AM
I know you don't give a shit what I think, but I like it.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Why do you assume I wouldn't give a shit that you approve? I appreciate it. Frankly, as I was typing it I'd been up all night working and I was second-guessing myself pretty hard on whether or not it was coming out as a barely coherent ramble.

Anybody wanna takes bets of the over/under of tl;dr instances that follow?

Neighborhood Creep
05-18-2012, 06:50 AM
within 4 posts (excluding this and your next one)

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 06:52 AM
No, I mean how many total it will get. I was expecting about a 50/50 ratio.

locachica73
05-18-2012, 06:52 AM
I read it, and I agree 100%. I think that would lessen some of the bitching, not all of course because as we know people will always have something to bitch about, but at least the core long term fans will have a better chance not to be bumped by scalpers just trying to make some extra cash.

PlayaDelWes
05-18-2012, 06:57 AM
A slightly edited version of something that I wrote up and was completely dissed in the BM thread....along the same lines.

Wouldn’t a logical solution for popular annual events like Burning Man or even Coachella be to adopt a model similar to season tickets for sporting events where long-term loyalty is rewarded?

A certain number of passes would be allocated to ‘subscribers’
There would be a list of subscribers and each would have a specific account number
Those subscribers would be guaranteed 2 tickets every year so long they purchased the prior year
If an owner declines to purchase one year, they are off the list and their account is closed
Aspiring subscribers would first go on a waiting list until spots on the subscribers list open up
The remaining passes would be reserved for a public on-sale for non-subscribers

Since the ‘subscribers’ list doesn’t exist yet, the trick would be establishing the initial list. There’d be some tough decisions and inequities at first, but with the right amount of planning and validation of prior attendance, it can be done fairly.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 07:08 AM
I didn't think it was an original idea, but the idea is less important than the way you make your case. Also, you really over-complicated the idea IMO. Nobody should be guaranteed any tickets, I bet at least 30 percent of last year's attendees would have opted for tickets in that system again this year and if they all took the two they're reserved we'd be down to practically no tickets left. I'm just saying like, 15k in the coachella.com registered presale, then maybe another 40k in the regular presale the following week, then the rest in the general onsale. Or divvy up the remainders however they want, it's not my business what they do after that, I'm just saying 15k seems like a fair fan presale allotment but I'd be happy with anything.

microcuts
05-18-2012, 07:15 AM
I kind of am surprised that they haven't yet instated some kind of loyalty program already, honestly. Now that they're able to better keep track of who is attending, it seems like just a matter of time before this does happen to some degree.

fatbastard
05-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Does that last sentence in paragraph 1 really need a comma?

philabuster
05-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Great idea. Not to disrespect all newcomers but there is certainly a contingent that just want to make the scene. We talked to some girls this year who showed up around 10:00 p.m. on Friday just for Swedish House Mafia. The one thing old timers have going for them is if they keep coming back they're almost all coming for the music. I'm not getting crotchety about Coachella becoming a scene, but I like the notion that people who want to keep coming back for the music won't get shut out. And yes, I did get tickets but I had to "settle" for week 2.

nosurprises12
05-18-2012, 07:24 AM
I read it - well said!

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Does that last sentence in paragraph 1 really need a comma?

... um, well, yeah. It absolutely does. Without that comma, it would not be grammatically sound.

microcuts
05-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Great idea. Not to disrespect all newcomers but there is certainly a contingent that just want to make the scene. We talked to some girls this year who showed up around 10:00 p.m. on Friday just for Swedish House Mafia. The one thing old timers have going for them is if they keep coming back they're almost all coming for the music. I'm not getting crotchety about Coachella becoming a scene, but I like the notion that people who want to keep coming back for the music won't get shut out. And yes, I did get tickets but I had to "settle" for week 2.

I met a girl in line in 2004 from my college who said she was only there for Radiohead and was leaving the next day. There's been people like that every year.

algunz
05-18-2012, 07:41 AM
I read it, although I confess I skimmed it.

I fully support the idea of long time fans getting a pre-presale.

TomAz
05-18-2012, 07:52 AM
As a long-time customer, I have a completely unbiased opinion and I agree with Randy.

skavenbrew
05-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Yes, Yes, Yes.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 07:53 AM
I'd also like to say that this plan would provide some REAL incentive to people to participate in this wristband registration thing introduced last year. I didn't bother with mine because the existing advantages to doing so were nothing that really interested me--I don't use Four Square, the prizes you could win by checking in with your wristband at those locations around the Polo Fields couldn't possibly be worth having to spend time at Coachella trying to "accomplish" anything (Coachella is my one weekend out of the year where I have no responsibilities and nowhere to be except wherever I feel like going and I wouldn't trade that for any prize), and my phone was so banged up I didn't even attempt using the Coachella app 'cause I was just praying it would do basic functions like text and call reliably. THIS kind of motivation though I guarantee would drive registration of those wristbands through the roof, and you'd know that anybody doing it obviously cared about the fest enough to read all the materials provided on how to make the most out of the Coachella experience by participating in the community.

insbordnat
05-18-2012, 07:57 AM
tl;dr

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 08:01 AM
And for the record it shouldn't matter how many years you've gone. This isn't about rewarding people for being the most OG Coachella goer, it shouldn't be any kind of class system. It's just a way of saying to those of us who have really given a piece of our heart to the wonderful thing you've created a little bit better chance of buying a legitimate ticket the proper way. Lord knows none of us want to support after-market ticket sales or scalping. If nothing else, the worry that we might be getting ripped off is a seriously nightmare-inducing scenario for anybody with hundreds of posts on your message board, and we know GV doesn't want people supporting the scalpers. But I don't think any of us would deny that if we got shut out on both onsales and couldn't find a ticket from any of our fellow Coachella addicts, we'd have no choice but to turn to craigslist/Stubhub 'cause the only alternative would be missing Coachella, which for me personally at least would guarantee a massive depression from January til weekend 1 at which point it would be escalated to suicide watch until around July or so.

TomAz
05-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Free VIP upgrade after 5 Coachellas!

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Also, and this probably isn't cost feasible yet but in a year or two might very well be: how bout if the turnstiles where you have to scan on your way into the fest could display the name registered to that wristband to further cut down on scalping/people sneaking in by all sharing the same wristbands like the people who were camping next to us this year? Perhaps even a Glasto-style system where you get a picture ID in your wristband gift box that you have to flash as you go through so that the security staff could check your name against the name showing on the turnstile display?

H_is_O
05-18-2012, 08:09 AM
This!

PlayaDelWes
05-18-2012, 08:10 AM
Free VIP upgrade after 5 Coachellas!10 Coachellas, "A band or musical artist of your choosing, including yourself if desired"

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 08:11 AM
didn't read....but can assure you it was a waste of time. On the clock though...so ya got that going for you.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 08:15 AM
Fight with me in the other threads, dude. On the chance Our Leader actually reads this and sees the support the idea has, I'd rather it not get derailed by some silly feud. Let's keep things civil, it's in all our best interests.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Our leader hahahhahaha your hurtin. Our interests are not your interests.

I thought I was bad. You seriously took way too much. Geekin on this Coachella shit bud. Take a nap.

Somewhat Damaged
05-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Perhaps even a Glasto-style system where you get a picture ID in your wristband gift box that you have to flash as you go through so that the security staff could check your name against the name showing on the turnstile display?

Only problem with this is it would make it so somebody who had to sell their ticket for a legitimate reason -- say a military person gets deployed out of country, or someone breaks their leg a couple weeks before the fest -- would basically be unable to do so.

Support your idea all the same, obviously, and appreciate that you're proposing ideas like the above that could help to further eliminate the specter of scalping.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 08:32 AM
On behalf of myself and the rest of your message board--I place I'm happy to call my favorite hangout on the internet--I . I I I .

I I I I I I've I'm I'd like to make a suggestion...

Each year you've been trying to develop more and more tactics to create a more united, dedicated population of attendees. I assume

elitist Why should our good time be any more important than theirs?

I.I'm I'm

The Pixies to The Beatles

Sincerely,
Randy F. Wang

P.S. I got a ticket actually, but I still think this is a good idea.

IIIIII MEMEMEMEMEMEME.

You'r not any kind of dictator for anyone here...you are not a leader. Paul is not a leader. Its a fucking music festival bud. You need to calm down.
Let the dude run his show and be there if you'd like.

and your comment about the Pixies to the Beatles...Is that supposed to mean the Pixies are the ground and the Beatles are the heavens or what? The Beatles are fucking done. Just like the small festival you once knew and apparently felt like you controlled. Get off your ego trip and be a fucking set of ears and eyes like the rest of the crowd. After all, thats all you are. If anything Paul should make the festival louder to drown out your crying.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 08:34 AM
If the passes were all registered as they were sold I don't see why Goldenvoice couldn't use something like Ticketmaster's system where you can resell a ticket to a show you bought except it's all verified by their system so you know you're not getting ripped off. But in TM's case it's like an ebay auction, whereas Coachella could just let you put your wristband's ID back into the system available for purchase anew at face value from GV and when it's sold just deactivate your wristband and refund you your ticket costs minus all the fees and whatever a fair fee is for "restocking" so to speak. You get a guaranteed ticket but if you can't go you can only get half your money back. I'd do it.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 08:36 AM
Not getting into it with you here, man. You keep going if you really want, I'll let you babble without comment from here on... in this thread.

Miroir Noir
05-18-2012, 08:39 AM
I endorse this idea in theory.

I also endorse seeing where Randy v. Goatchella goes.

captncrzy
05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Well written and I support.

Also, Goatchella, as much as I sort of enjoy him, would be completely outwitted.

Also, hoping someone sends this in a message to Paul's facebook ( I would but I'm at work-no Zuckerberg here).

BROKENDOLL
05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
What do you mean, tl,dr? That fine example of reading material had me on the end of my office chair wondering whether or not you would be unleashing your typical cache' of rude and vile insults as each paragraph would unfold. (The suspense.) I was literally glued to my seat thinking that the post would take a surprise turn with you informing Paul that this was your message board! (The anticipation.) But, lo n' behold, (The awe.) your writing style exposed a concerned and compassionate side of you that gave this piece an almost "Happily Ever After" ending... Almost.... Will there perhaps be a sequel coming out around lineup time? I can't hardly wait!

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I don't think it requires facebooking him. He reads the boards, I imagine he'll definitely be checking in today to gauge reactions to yesterday's surprising events.

captncrzy
05-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Eh. Probably right.

amyzzz
05-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Also, and this probably isn't cost feasible yet but in a year or two might very well be: how bout if the turnstiles where you have to scan on your way into the fest could display the name registered to that wristband to further cut down on scalping/people sneaking in by all sharing the same wristbands like the people who were camping next to us this year? Perhaps even a Glasto-style system where you get a picture ID in your wristband gift box that you have to flash as you go through so that the security staff could check your name against the name showing on the turnstile display?I agree with this, although it does seem a bit 1984-ish.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Is Coachella broke? not financially but functionally? No! So why fix it?

Now if you have frequent flyer miles type thing...and he was tracking how many hours you put into this festival over the course of the last 12 + years, maybe he could have kept track of who has paid dues. He hasn't. You are not any more special than the next guy in line, whether he chooses to buy tickets for his child, to see one band and leave, to sell them for more ect.

In our economy, our consumer driven, money talks world...it is just that. Money talks. Coachella did not expand and blow up on good vibes and support from returning attendees. Coachella blew up because newbs with no clue and a handful of cash wanted to experience what Coachella was all about. Why should anyone cater to you? You really think the tap tap, claimed it, I was here first shit applies anywhere, ever? If that was the case, the natives of the land would be scalping your dumb asses and be dancing around a fire and banging a drum.

Money talks. The examples are everywhere around you. Goldenvoice is not the 1%. Rallying and occupying (annoying) this website will not change any of those facts. Revolution is def in order...but not to change Coachella Music Festival. Something else. It is already happening. There are other avenues.

I understand your frustration. I agree that things have changed for the worse, all over. There are too many mouths, too many eyes and ears. Paul cannot make everyone happy. You cannot always get your way. Its hard, but deal with it.

BROKENDOLL
05-18-2012, 09:04 AM
It's got to be killing you to remain subdued and mature while refraining from going off on Goat, isn't it? I bet that little Wit stick of yours is quivering as it anticipates it's next verbal assault...

insbordnat
05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Only problem with this is it would make it so somebody who had to sell their ticket for a legitimate reason -- say a military person gets deployed out of country, or someone breaks their leg a couple weeks before the fest -- would basically be unable to do so.

Support your idea all the same, obviously, and appreciate that you're proposing ideas like the above that could help to further eliminate the specter of scalping.

If I'm not mistaken (which I may be) at Glasto if you can't go you basically forfeit the tickets back to Glasto and can't sell them on the open market. I realize a short time window (such as a broken leg right before the fest) may be a challenge, but that's the risk. No different if you dropped money for a vacation and you suddenly had to cancel, losing deposits etc.

Neighborhood Creep
05-18-2012, 09:07 AM
I also endorse seeing where Randy v. Goatchella goes.

Award worthy potential

JustSteve
05-18-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't think it requires facebooking him. He reads the boards, I imagine he'll definitely be checking in today to gauge reactions to yesterday's surprising events.

was just going to say, it will get to him just fine via this channel. the guys at the top know what's going on and what is being said, i just really hate that they have to waste their time reading all the shit that is posted by the whiners on this board and facebook that have no clue how the business is run or who the people are behind it. i take it personally at times since i have a personal relationship with some there and know how great they are.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 09:11 AM
I don't have any beef with anyone here...i don't even know who passive theory is, or why everyone makes fun of him...really, I don't give a shit. I goof around a lot, I know that. I am being serious here. This whole request and idea is a fucking pipe dream. It is just not real and would never work out.

This is not Korea. Goldenvoice needs to cater to the people. All of the boards OG, elite are a small fraction of "the people". If your such an old school badass, you'd have a place in the festival like Danny or Mike...doing something, contributing and putting in hours that matter. The amount of hours you put in drinking beer and watching bands at chella and/or bullshitting here about music and other things does not make you an asset or someone that deserves anything.

If you want to change things or assure your position, devote some time and energy into Coachella. Use all the hours you ramble and degrade morons here to instead better the festival. Everyone is talking and no one is doing.

JustSteve
05-18-2012, 09:16 AM
let it go.

NachoCat
05-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Excellent letter. I disagree though. Stop this gimmie gimmie and make it happen. Didnt get my tickets. Not worried. I'll be there.

pinkandbrown
05-18-2012, 09:20 AM
you guys need a cup of chamomile tea. its good for you ;)

BROKENDOLL
05-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Is Coachella broke? not financially but functionally? No! So why fix it?

Now if you have frequent flyer miles type thing...and he was tracking how many hours you put into this festival over the course of the last 12 + years, maybe he could have kept track of who has paid dues. He hasn't. You are not any more special than the next guy in line, whether he chooses to buy tickets for his child, to see one band and leave, to sell them for more ect.

In our economy, our consumer driven, money talks world...it is just that. Money talks. Coachella did not expand and blow up on good vibes and support from returning attendees. Coachella blew up because newbs with no clue and a handful of cash wanted to experience what Coachella was all about. Why should anyone cater to you? You really think the tap tap, claimed it, I was here first shit applies anywhere, ever? If that was the case, the natives of the land would be scalping your dumb asses and be dancing around a fire and banging a drum.

Money talks. The examples are everywhere around you. Goldenvoice is not the 1%. Rallying and occupying (annoying) this website will not change any of those facts. Revolution is def in order...but not to change Coachella Music Festival. Something else. It is already happening. There are other avenues.

I understand your frustration. I agree that things have changed for the worse, all over. There are too many mouths, too many eyes and ears. Paul cannot make everyone happy. You cannot always get your way. Its hard, but deal with it.

Madonna started it!

amyzzz
05-18-2012, 09:23 AM
The fact that Paul and GV DO listen to what we say on the board and try to fix things, speaks VOLUMES to me as a consumer, and I want to remain a loyal Coachellian as a result.

pinkandbrown
05-18-2012, 09:26 AM
You can't always get what you want

But if you write a letter to paul you just might find...

You get what you need

;p

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Excellent letter. I disagree though. Stop this gimmie gimmie and make it happen. Didnt get my tickets. Not worried. I'll be there.

exactly the way it is

you guys need a cup of chamomile tea. its good for you ;)

Id love that...sounds good.

The fact that Paul and GV DO listen to what we say on the board and try to fix things, speaks VOLUMES to me as a consumer, and I want to remain a loyal Coachellian as a result.

It's not a matter of listening but more a matter of what he is hearing having any kind of influence at all. I don't doubt that every concern is taken with a grain of salt. The idea that anyone here is being heard more because they have been going for longer seems out of whack. I know you would like to think that you are someone special and get some kind of reward for years and years of attending Coachella.

you have been rewarded. Every year. You buy the ticket and you have a good time. Thats the only agreement. He has delivered. You are being greedy and will always want more.

thestripe
05-18-2012, 09:31 AM
I agree. Well done, Randy.

wstsidela
05-18-2012, 09:33 AM
words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words, words,

algunz
05-18-2012, 09:35 AM
Speaking for the very few that have been with the festival since 1999 and have never missed a year, I do feel I am owed a little something. I have invested so much money and time, and it saddens me that the only thing that might keep me from going next year would be that getting tickets has become such a huge pain in the ass. I refuse to buy a pass from scalpers.

sonofhal
05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
You have no right to be critical of Coachella - JustSteve said so. He knows people. Has he mentioned that.

Also, stop moaning about the price. It upsets him. He gets in free.

Correction - not free - just free upgrades and bowie hand jobs.

captncrzy
05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
I agree with Gunz. Not about that I'm owed anything. I'm not. However, it would be cool if we were rewarded for the loyalty. Not a complaint, just would be a cool thing.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 09:39 AM
you aren't a dummy...you will get tickets.

I will give them to you if you can't find them. All you vets are too smart and too seasoned to be worried. You should just KNOW>.

So when April comes along...lemme know if anyone needs help. Including Randy. Ill help you without thinking twice. The good energy and love here on these boards will never be smothered by newbs or ticket sales. You are all respected by the youngsters like me. Your help and your years of experience have taught all of us and we will pay it forward. Paul is busy.
We have each other and thats all we need.

and guns you can share my sleeping bag if ya want ;)

JustSteve
05-18-2012, 09:41 AM
You have no right to be critical of Coachella - JustSteve said so. He knows people. Has he mentioned that.

so if people talk shit about your friends it doesn't upset you? you don't defend them? i am not allowed to offer an opinion about things and let people know that i am coming from the side of someone who has a relationship with the people who are being talked shit on? i am perfectly content to correct someone who says they are only in it for the money, they don't care about the fans, etc. why can't i use the fact that i know someone to help in my point?

being critical is fine. being critical with no idea about things and bitching just to bitch is not, which is what i was commenting on. and yes, bitching about paying an extra $13/$29 is fucking ridiculous. do people bitch to the gas station attendant every time gas goes up? a manager at a grocery store when the price of milk increases?

i do not get in for free.

algunz
05-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I agree with Gunz. Not about that I'm owed anything. I'm not. However, it would be cool if we were rewarded for the loyalty. Not a complaint, just would be a cool thing.

Yea, owed might have been a bit over the top.

pinkandbrown
05-18-2012, 09:43 AM
im more sad that burning man tickets are sold out :(

sonofhal
05-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm sorry you don't get in for free. You should complain. Drop a few names.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Speaking for the very few that have been with the festival since 1999 and have never missed a year, I do feel I am owed a little something. I have invested so much money and time, and it saddens me that the only thing that might keep me from going next year would be that getting tickets has become such a huge pain in the ass. I refuse to buy a pass from scalpers.

Yeah, this is just nuts. I've been going since 2001 and almost missed 2011 if not for an Angel Investor of a boardie. But this really takes the cake. I had no cash to spend on Thursday because my pay day was today so this really hurt. I'll take my chances again come January but I don't like the odds if the pre sale a year before the festival sells out like this. Especially if they get a extra crowd friendly headliner. If it something like David Bowie or Led Zeppelin then anyone who doesn't have tickets is just fucked.

JustSteve
05-18-2012, 10:11 AM

Correction - not free - just free upgrades and bowie hand jobs.

bowie actually pays to touch my cock, i'm nice and only charge him half the cost of my pass, i make up the rest.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-18-2012, 10:13 AM

I would just like a first crack at the tickets for the loyalty. I wouldn't demand anything else.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
your years of knowing better should have you prepared with money in account and a computer online at 9:55.

You know better....there was plenty of warning. Like you stated...we all take care of each other. There is no way someone that wants to go will not go.
Obviously some just like to complain...if it isn't the tickets, its the beer, the music, the guests, the weather, the art ...ect. Surprised Paul hasn't killed himself....if he really gave a shit about everyone crying all the time he would have blown his head off years ago.

luckyface
05-18-2012, 10:21 AM
I wouldn't say six days was necessarily plenty of time to be fully prepared to make the initial purchase. Some people just can't come up with money that quickly. Last year, it was a couple weeks later. Maybe he prepared for a similar date.

As for the letter, agreed that it would be great to reward those who helped keep the festival afloat during the bad times, but I get that they don't need to do this anymore. I will just always do my best to be prepared and roll with the punches as necessary.

algunz
05-18-2012, 10:22 AM
But Paul needs to pay attention to MMEEEEEE!!!!

theresalwaysone
05-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Tell me more about the "purity" of coachella, randy.

TomAz
05-18-2012, 10:37 AM
You know better....there was plenty of warning. Like you stated...we all take care of each other. There is no way someone that wants to go will not go.
Obviously some just like to complain...if it isn't the tickets, its the beer, the music, the guests, the weather, the art ...ect. Surprised Paul hasn't killed himself....if he really gave a shit about everyone crying all the time he would have blown his head off years ago.

If you should ever think about starting your own business, don't.

suprefan
05-18-2012, 10:38 AM
:nono

(this is before I read the letter)

edit: ok, they actually did have the ''microcommunity'' for 3 years where you could create a different account not attached to the message board. You could put information like what years you attended, who your favorite performances of each year were, and I think if I recall correctly, anyone you would like to see the following year. I always thought it was a way to sample survey the audience and see what was liked and what wasnt liked.

Didnt Paul T mention in a story once where he broke down some of the audience data and all that? Like ''20% of people attending wanted to see The Killers, while that same 20% wanted to see the Chemical Brothers'' or something to that effect. There has been an attempt at this, it never caught on.

All in all, they should go the way of Glastonbury, picture attached to the wristband and all that. Its in your name, you cannot transfer it no matter what. You will have the option to ''opt out'' at a certain point so it could be resold to somebody else, and thats it. This will probably have to be the next step taken to see how committed the audience is to attending the festival. I would also think that you only get a limited time to opt out of your ticket to get a refund, so lets say, a week after the line up is out you will have the option, and then those remaining tickets go onsale a couple weeks later. Glasto makes you opt out before there is even a line up, but they give you the headliners at least. I doubt GV would do that, though.

sbessiso
05-18-2012, 10:41 AM
Why is everyone acting like tickets are so difficult to get? Do we not remember how many extras were flooding just a few months ago?

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
your years of knowing better should have you prepared with money in account and a computer online at 9:55.

I know someone who was in the waiting room yesterday at 9:55 and didn't get a pass. This person has only missed two Coachellas since 1999. It's getting to be like buying Super Bowl tickets where, no matter how much you prepare, you're likely going to have to buy a ticket on the secondary market unless you get lucky or know someone. At this rate, it will be there in two years. So, I get the sentiment behind the original post and I would be totally for it.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 10:43 AM
If you should ever think about starting your own business, don't.

I you should ever think that your lame opinion will ever matter to me, don't.

TomAz
05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
It remains my opinion regardless. You think like a lackey.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Why is everyone acting like tickets are so difficult to get? Do we not remember how many extras were flooding just a few months ago?

Totally agree, but sometimes people are more paranoid about buying on the secondary market because there are no guarantees. If you get them through a friend then obviously that's different, but there can be a lot of stress in buying passes in the secondary market.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I know someone who was in the waiting room yesterday at 9:55 and didn't get a pass. This person has only missed two Coachellas since 1999. It's getting to be like buying Super Bowl tickets where, no matter how much you prepare, you're likely going to have to buy a ticket on the secondary market unless you get lucky or know someone. At this rate, it will be there in two years. So, I get the sentiment behind the original post and I would be totally for it.

Im sure almost everyone here agrees with the sentiment. That does not mean it is realistic or fair. You know a lot of people. We are a pretty big fucking network ( genius and derp alike) This "problem" with tickets hold an answer. We need each other now. We need to help each other.

thank you....the panic has been extinguished with reason.

It remains my opinion regardless. You think like a lackey.

Who cares how I think? you apparently. Sorry to let you down wise one. Ive told you countless times I am an uneducated simpleton. You can file that into your big cabinet and move on.

LUCK will get you tickets, luck will get your whiney voices heard. All the skill, education, experience, wisdom, money and loyalty in the world will not assure you a Coachella ticket. Can you just realize that you have no control or input in the matter? Stop fighting the universe. You will never win.

BROKENDOLL
05-18-2012, 11:01 AM
At this point, the only way you'll find out the truest level of loyalty to Coachella would be to hold it during the months of either July or August...

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
we don't need no water let the mother fucker burn....stop selling booze, remove the free water, book good music....

and all the retards will go away.

TomAz
05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
LUCK will get you tickets, luck will get your whiney voices heard. All the skill, education, experience, wisdom, money and loyalty in the world will not assure you a Coachella ticket. Can you just realize that you have no control or input in the matter? Stop fighting the universe. You will never win.

"I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work the more of it I seem to have."

Ravingmad
05-18-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi this is Paul Tollet, Paulie T to my friends. Thanks so much for your valuable input and that novel you posted there. I'm totally going to read it, I swear. Right after I take a swim in my diamond encrusted pool all filled with gold coins, Scrooge McDuck style. Welp, bye.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Hi this is Paul Tollet, Paulie T to my friends. Thanks so much for your valuable input and that novel you posted there. I'm totally going to read it, I swear. Right after I take a swim in my diamond encrusted pool all filled with gold coins, Scrooge McDuck style. Welp, bye.

Because you know what you're talking about....

microcuts
05-18-2012, 11:13 AM

Not to play devil's advocate or anything, but if this person has only missed two fests ever and really wants to go, Lake Eldorado is still available. Though I realize GV is probably hoping they can get more people to buy that option.

concertgoer
05-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Totally agree, but sometimes people are more paranoid about buying on the secondary market because there are no guarantees. If you get them through a friend then obviously that's different, but there can be a lot of stress in buying passes in the secondary market.

Personally I would not want to buy a ticket on the secondary mark since I am coming to Coachella from so far away. I mean I know people who have done it and no problems what so ever, but like you said there are no guarantees.

Ravingmad
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Because you know what you're talking about....

Of course I do. I'm Paul Tollet, and we'll leave the light on for you.

Wait, no, that's Tom Bodett. Shit, I'm the wrong guy.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 11:25 AM
my whole crew bought tickets from craigslist...the wristbands are so advanced....you have to be an idiot to get scammed.

the only possible way is to buy a deactivated wristband that someone claimed they lost....even then they will usually send you to will call or somewhere to get a new wristband on site and your all good.

Larry Farnsworth
05-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Who's Paul Toilet?

HotHamWater
05-18-2012, 11:36 AM

Loyal customers providing feedback isn't necessarily "whining" you fucking drooling ape.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Who's Paul Toilet?

He is to Coachella as Jesus is to Christians.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Loyal customers providing feedback isn't necessarily "whining" you fucking drooling ape.

I am going to panhandle on the street corner so we can come up with enough money so you can do Coachella AND venture off to a new fest.

Neighborhood Creep
05-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Who's Paul Toilet?

Larry Farnsworth is the cause of why Coachella is ruined to certain people

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 11:52 AM
my whole crew bought tickets from craigslist...the wristbands are so advanced....you have to be an idiot to get scammed.

the only possible way is to buy a deactivated wristband that someone claimed they lost....even then they will usually send you to will call or somewhere to get a new wristband on site and your all good.

So, if you have a deactivated wristband, they'll just give you a new one? So if you get someone else's wristband in the mail and you try to use it and it doesn't work, you can just go get another?

Somehow, I don't think it works that way.

NachoCat
05-18-2012, 11:53 AM
AND

Laverne Sprinkle

TomAz
05-18-2012, 11:58 AM

He thinks like a lackey.

fatbastard
05-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I had an acutal photo of myself in that Coachella microcommunity.

mountmccabe
05-18-2012, 12:39 PM
In fact, I came to this board originally in 2007 specifically because I WAS one of the left out and I felt bitchy about it. After securing a ticket and hanging around a bit, I gained an appreciation for the fact that you can't make everyone happy. I've witnessed a wide array of very, very dumb suggestions by angry ticket-less newcomers with some half-baked idea about how the ticketing could be improved in some way that would have prevented the great injustice of their own personal failure to get a ticket. With full acknowledgement of the fact that I'm joining their ranks by typing this, I'd like to make a suggestion...

[...]

Well, with all these systems you've put in place it seems to me that you could easily create a much more motivating reason to register one's wristband: some limited advanced pre-sales for anyone who already has a coachella.com account from previous year's attendance.

This is delicious.

This is going to create more yous. You realize that, right? One reason you didn't get tickets on the initial sale in 2007 was that they did a limited advance discounted pre-sale for repeat customers willing to buy 3-day passes before the line-up was announced.

It amuses me to no end that you are now asking them to do that again, on the regular.

mountmccabe
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I am not saying I disagree.

It would not surprise me that they're working on ways to make this process more reasonable and this isn't a bad idea, sort of like folks who have season tickets to NFL games or the opera or whatever. Do you want to renew your Coachella pass? It could work.

It was a well written, reasonable letter.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
I guess you will never catch me crying (this whole fucking forum is mostly this) about never getting a wristband, because if I want to be there I will. Wristband or not, money or not. If I don't get a wristband, I don't run to my computer to bitch.

there are many many ways to skin a cat. crying has never skinned a cat. "Loyal customers providing feedback" has never skinned a cat.
So all of you brainiacs can continue to waste time and energy trying to struggle upstream and keep talking about the way it used to be. This only makes you and old cry baby. The fact that your all so fucking intelligent makes this whole thing twice as funny. Got it all figured out huh? lulz

These ideas are great and they might happen...but they won't happen because you derps all talked about it online for years. There are people paid to handle this stuff. People smarter than you even (hard to imagine I know). There is no fucking leader listening to your shitty voice....mass suicide. kill yourselves

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 12:44 PM
This is delicious.

This is going to create more yous. You realize that, right? One reason you didn't get tickets on the initial sale in 2007 was that they did a limited advance discounted pre-sale for repeat customers willing to buy 3-day passes before the line-up was announced.

It amuses me to no end that you are now asking them to do that again, on the regular.

dumbfuck!

fixed

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 12:49 PM
I guess you will never catch me crying (this whole fucking forum is mostly this) about never getting a wristband, because if I want to be there I will. Wristband or not, money or not. If I don't get a wristband, I don't run to my computer to bitch.

there are many many ways to skin a cat. crying has never skinned a cat. "Loyal customers providing feedback" has never skinned a cat.
So all of you brainiacs can continue to waste time and energy trying to struggle upstream and keep talking about the way it used to be. This only makes you and old cry baby. The fact that your all so fucking intelligent makes this whole thing twice as funny. Got it all figured out huh? lulz

These ideas are great and they might happen...but they won't happen because you derps all talked about it online for years. There are people paid to handle this stuff. People smarter than you even (hard to imagine I know). There is no fucking leader listening to your shitty voice....mass suicide. kill yourselves

People handle things based on feedback from their customers though. The bottom line is ticket sales, yes, but Coachella became the way it is in part by listening to legitmate gripes from long-time loyal customers. They are trying to stay ahead of the curve. This isn't the same as some random guy coming on the boards and bitching that he couldn't buy a pass in February.

You say no one is listening, but someone in here - who has close ties with the GV folks - already said they read this shit. So, your assumption is wrong.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 12:54 PM
well in that case please start asking for the festival to provide free champagne, pony rides, dolphin exhibit, naked massages, gong chairs, feet massager chairs, free Coachella diamond pendants, more fireworks, sexier women, less bros, more reggae and water slides.

they are listening...and taking into consideration....but this fucker speaking for all of us ( i dunno how many agree) is a joke. Sucking Pauls asshole and addressing him as our leader is a joke, or is it. The guy seems almost convincing that he really thinks this is some kind of cult. Its a fucking music festival. You pay money and ya listen to music and see art, then you go home and buy tickets again next year if your still interested. Pretty easy.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 12:56 PM
well in that case please start asking for the festival to provide free champagne, pony rides, dolphin exhibit, naked massages, gong chairs, feet massager chairs, free Coachella diamond pendants, more fireworks, sexier women, less bros, more reggae and water slides.

You're being dramatic dude. This isn't an unrealistic suggestion. Like previously stated, certain bands hold presales specifically geared towards their loyal fanbases. I don't see why this can't be done the same way.

HotHamWater
05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
There are people paid to handle this stuff. People smarter than you even (hard to imagine I know).

You have zero concept of customer relations. None. The people paid to handle this stuff don't just, for the most part, pull their ideas out of thin air and hope it works. They perform research. Much of this research consists of customer feedback. Almost every successful venture operates this way.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Oh yeah....but they aren't doing what you clowns have been bitching about for three years? So there went that idea.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Can someone just state the actual game plan they are suggesting without all the IIIII MMEMEMEMME shit attached.

I think the message has been cluttered with a bunch of ego bullshit....what the fuck do you want from these people. The best festival on earth is not enough?
You need special privileges because you were cool enough to be there first?

what is the simple plan guys. since you have this all figured out and you know who listens to you. maybe if you type it in caps or enlarge the font??

algunz
05-18-2012, 01:11 PM
The idea is simple, Goat. Go back and reread the first post.

chairmenmeow47
05-18-2012, 01:12 PM
i didn't get very far, but didn't we used to get emails about an advance sale, many years ago?

mountmccabe
05-18-2012, 01:13 PM
what is the simple plan guys. since you have this all figured out and you know who listens to you. maybe if you type it in caps or enlarge the font??

Allow people to become Coachella subscribers. Instead of worrying about Frontgate waiting rooms or Ticketmaster you get an email asking "Do you wish to renew for Coachella 2017?" and you are done.

Somewhat Damaged
05-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't believe you guys are engaging Goatchella. Maybe you're all as stupid as he claims you are.

HotHamWater
05-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah....but they aren't doing what you clowns have been bitching about for three years? So there went that idea.

If nobody complained after the shit show that was 2010, I'm not sure that Goldenvoice would have been so quick to fix a lot of the problems that occurred that year. Instead, there was an outcry over some things and Goldenvoice reacted accordingly. And are you not paying attention to the fact that someone who is posting in this thread is friends with people in the company who work to put on the festival? He said that the things we say on this board tend to find their way to Paul and other people in charge of making decisions. Customer reactions can influence business decisions. It's not a difficult concept.

JustSteve
05-18-2012, 01:16 PM
You have zero concept of customer relations. None. The people paid to handle this stuff don't just, for the most part, pull their ideas out of thin air and hope it works. They perform research. Much of this research consists of customer feedback. Almost every successful venture operates this way.

exactly why paul t. spends much of the festival weekend out amongst the crowd, talking to them, seeing it from their perspective.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:24 PM
I read it. It was a bunch of ego shit about how this fuck is self appointing himself to voice everyones opinion that things just are not fair and people that have been with the fest since its birth deserve something.

You are a customer. You have to pay just like everyone else. Grandfather policies cannot just be implemented all of a sudden. Then you have thousands of other customers complaining. The fraction of people that have been going to this festival for 12 years is just that....a fraction, a very small fraction. I get where you are coming from. Im somewhere in the middle. Im not new and Im not old school. The festival is geared towards the future. The new. People that will spend the next twelve years coming. The ticket hype causes a fiend. The economy causes thieving scalpers. There needs to be a balance and all of these things must be weighed out. You all seem to only give a shit about yourselves and getting a favor. I honestly feel bad for Paul. I feel bad he has to worry about this shit. Any of you throw events? Ever thrown a event and had every person who thought they had any connection with you tugging on your shirt/flirting/bribing/crying to give them special treatment.

at some point you need to realize there is a future...the past is the past. He got your money. He will get new people to cry and demand....This bullshit is the reason things lack. Let them worry more about the art and music and less about.....you.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:25 PM
Allow people to become Coachella subscribers. Instead of worrying about Frontgate waiting rooms or Ticketmaster you get an email asking "Do you wish to renew for Coachella 2017?" and you are done.

now we keep bumping and blast every thread with this....if this is really what the whole group decides is a solution.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:27 PM
If nobody complained after the shit show that was 2010, I'm not sure that Goldenvoice would have been so quick to fix a lot of the problems that occurred that year. Instead, there was an outcry over some things and Goldenvoice reacted accordingly. And are you not paying attention to the fact that someone who is posting in this thread is friends with people in the company who work to put on the festival? He said that the things we say on this board tend to find their way to Paul and other people in charge of making decisions. Customer reactions can influence business decisions. It's not a difficult concept.

bahahhaha...you swear. As if those issues would have never been addressed had there not been a message board full of cry babies.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 01:35 PM
bahahhaha...you swear. As if those issues would have never been addressed had there not been a message board full of cry babies.

Don't discount the people on a message board. This isn't 1996 anymore. Part of what I do for a living requires my presence on a message board. I can't tell you how many times I have read someone say something to the effect of, "You're dumb if you think players / coaches / AD's / etc. read these boards".... and what they don't realize is that they actually do read the boards. A certain message board member on our site who I know is one of the primary reasons a certain now-NBA basketball player received a scholarship offer from UA several years back. This place may be full of "mouth-breathers" to you, but if you think people's voices on certain message boards aren't heard then you are sadly mistaken.

JustSteve
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I read it. It was a bunch of ego shit about how this fuck is self appointing himself to voice everyones opinion that things just are not fair and people that have been with the fest since its birth deserve something.

You are a customer. You have to pay just like everyone else.

if i am loyal to a restaurant or bar oftentimes i will get a free drink, or appetizer, or dessert. why? because it is smart of a business to treat it's loyal customers a little different and make it known they appreciate your business.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:39 PM
there are too many of you though....a few yeah...but friends of friends......this guy gave me a bottle of water when i was thirsty last year. hook him up. It always goes too far man. There are too many greedy, hungry, non deserving mouths to feed.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't discount the people on a message board. This isn't 1996 anymore. Part of what I do for a living requires my presence on a message board. I can't tell you how many times I have read someone say something to the effect of, "You're dumb if you think players / coaches / AD's / etc. read these boards".... and what they don't realize is that they actually do read the boards. A certain message board member on our site who I know is one of the primary reasons a certain now-NBA basketball player received a scholarship offer from UA several years back. This place may be full of "mouth-breathers" to you, but if you think people's voices on certain message boards aren't heard then you are sadly mistaken.

these people aren't the only voices...I agree with you and I expect special treatment wherever I go too. I tip higher than anyone you know and I give gifts to everyone that smiles at me. I just think you guys are asking for too much. There is too many other variables that will not work with your idea. Its a bad idea. Just a know nothing stupid goatchella opinion...but there it is. Your plan is a piece of shit.

fatbastard
05-18-2012, 01:43 PM
That's 7 "i"s.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:44 PM
exactly all included in a statement about what I think..

addressing someone as the voice for a community and using IIIIIIIIIIIIIII is moot.

fatbastard
05-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Luv you Goat.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 01:46 PM
So it's a bad idea, right?

Sports franchises and college athletic programs give first choice to season ticket holders because they are deemed as the most loyal. When postseason comes around, they are given the opportunity to buy before everyone else as well. Sometimes they are charged a premium to hold a seat or ticket "liscense". They are given a specific time to renew and if they don't, their ticket is thrown back into the system and it's up for grabs. This type of stuff happens everywhere.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Love you more....and I love everyone here. I want the same things you all want.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 01:49 PM

Sports franchises and college athletic programs give first choice to season ticket holders because they are deemed as the most loyal. Sometimes they are charged a premium to hold season tickets. They are given a specific time to renew and if they don't, their ticket is thrown back into the system and it's up for grabs. This type of stuff happens everywhere.

and???.....this isn't the NFL. This isn't a franchise sports team. you wanna donate ten million under the table I bet you can get whatever fucking djs you want and get the drink of choice at all the stands. You will for sure get tickets as well. for free.

like i says.....money talks.

i bet the owners of those teams aren't on a fucking forum calling all the shots based on what the drunk testosterone pumping fans want. Seriously. Bad angle there with the sports BS.

ADGZ662
05-18-2012, 01:49 PM
We the ho's in this house
we the ho's in dis house
ho's in da haus,ho's in da haus
ho's,ho's,ho's

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Funny, my company does the same thing, it dedicates people to watch all sorts of social media (message boards, facebook, twitter, etc). One bad comment and we have someone from corporate sending you an email asking what is wrong and what we can do to fix it.

Robin
05-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Sports franchises and college athletic programs give first choice to season ticket holders because they are deemed as the most loyal. When postseason comes around, they are given the opportunity to buy before everyone else as well. Sometimes they are charged a premium to hold a seat or ticket "liscense". They are given a specific time to renew and if they don't, their ticket is thrown back into the system and it's up for grabs. This type of stuff happens everywhere.

I wouldn't mind paying a little extra "premium" if it'll guarantee me a pass for the following year(s).

Mr. Dylanja
05-18-2012, 01:56 PM

There he goes again... :rolleyes

amyzzz
05-18-2012, 01:58 PM
crying has never skinned a cat.
I disagree. I cried all day about the 2 pass limit for the same address, then GV clarified that by saying you can use 2 different cards with 2 different names at the same address. FIXED.

SoulDischarge
05-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I can't believe you guys are engaging Goatchella. Maybe you're all as stupid as he claims you are.

Emphasis.

amyzzz
05-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Goddamnit.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 02:05 PM
There he goes again... :rolleyes

Shut the fuck up, Dylan.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 02:15 PM
luls......happy friday.

Hope you guys fix the things that torture your coachella experience.

I have a festival to attend...that no one cares about. It was easy to get tickets. I don't expect any special attention for being a return attendee. Love and Light. =)

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 02:19 PM
At first he was like....

I want the same things you all want.

But then he was like....

I don't expect any special attention for being a return attendee.

Neighborhood Creep
05-18-2012, 02:24 PM
This is one of ny top 3 favorite Goatchella meltdowns

algunz
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
I don't care about anybody but me and my husband. Paul are you listening? PM me and I'll pay big for a lifetime pass.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 02:38 PM
This is one of ny top 3 favorite Goatchella meltdowns

wait till you see me this weekend buddy.

Epic Melt down

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 03:45 PM

Season tickets are not something teams offer to people because they are "loyal". Sports teams make their money primarily from ticket sales, yes? Well when a team isn't doing that great, they don't sell out every game. If a team isn't selling out every game, their income can vary dramatically. This uncertainty makes it harder for them to run their business. Teams offer season tickets as a means of stabilizing their income. A season ticket is guaranteed income that helps reducing the uncertainty of how much revenue a team can expect. When tickets to any given game are widely available, buying a season ticket doesn't make much sense. But post-season tickets are harder to come by. Teams give season ticket holders an opportunity to secure their tickets ahead of public on sales, like you said. The sports team gets guaranteed income while the fan gets access to tickets in times of scarcity.

If Coachella was a sports team, they are selling out every game from now into the foreseeable future. Coachella has guaranteed income. They don't need anything for you. There is no incentive for them to offer you a special privilege of gaining access to tickets before anyone else. Although you might like to believe that you deserve some special privilege because of your past attendance, that just isn't how the world works.

Edit: The problem with your "season ticket analogy" is that every single ticket would instantly be converted to a "season" ticket with, I would say, at least a 100% return rate every year. And what I mean to say is that on any given year you can expect 100% of "season ticket holders" to renew their pass for the next Coachella. The rest of people who you have deemed as the unwashed and unable to get a "season ticket" will, I suppose, be placed on a waiting list? There is no penalty for not renewing your pass and if you ultimately decide not to go, it's a guarantee that you will be able to unload your pass either back through Coachella (who will in turn sell it to the next in line) or through the secondary market (where prices will be significantly higher). Plenty of people buy season tickets for their sports teams just for access to post season tickets and they sell their regular season tickets through out the year. I can't really make a comparison to coachella because we are comparing apples to oranges here but I think this further proves why your idea is not a very good one.

So, it seems to me, what you want is a select group bourgeois of Coachella Club Members with the ability to secure tickets before the public, who will secure their tickets then decide if they will go or not without penalty and continue to maintain their Coachella Executive Preferred Membership™.

Here, I've got a picture for you:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2r2m2id.png

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 03:53 PM
guaranteed income....which Coachella has weather it caters to your cries or not.

niggas getting paid. not concerned about the burnt out hood rats of the past.

Goatchella
05-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Season tickets are not something teams offer to people because they are "loyal". Sports teams make their money primarily from ticket sales, yes? Well when a team isn't doing that great, they don't sell out every game. If a team isn't selling out every game, their income can vary dramatically. This uncertainty makes it harder for them to run their business. Teams offer season tickets as a means of stabilizing their income. A season ticket is guaranteed income that helps reducing the uncertainty of how much revenue a team can expect. When tickets to any given game are widely available, buying a season ticket doesn't make much sense. But post-season tickets are harder to come by. Teams give season ticket holders an opportunity to secure their tickets ahead of public on sales, like you said. The sports team gets guaranteed income while the fan gets access to tickets in times of scarcity.

If Coachella was a sports team, they are selling out every game from now into the foreseeable future. Coachella has guaranteed income. They don't need anything for you. There is no incentive for them to offer you a special privilege of gaining access to tickets before anyone else. Although you might like to believe that you deserve some special privilege because of your past attendance, that just isn't how the world works.

but they have people that read these forums....and AMyz once had a problem resolved...or addressed rather. Demands will not be met?

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Guys, seriously, it's not like you have any obligation to listen to me, but your playing into his trolling has now turned a thread of positive, useful discussion for the first two pages into three straight pages of arguing with the 30 year old male equivalent of Brokendoll.

It's your choice if you really wanna keep trying to rationally debate someone who clearly has no education, life experience, grasp of commerce, and who's only really doing this being he's too dumb to ever be right about anything and wanted to derail the thread.

I was ignoring him for a reason, so that if anyone in a position to think about adopting this policy again happened to check it out they wouldn't be turned off by how quickly these supposed "loyal fans" of Coachella degenerate into a slap-fight. Every post he ever made has been immature, feather-headed gibberish. Why not go make fun of the ones in other threads and just let him wear himself out trying to start a fight in here?

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Guys, seriously, it's not like you have any obligation to listen to me, but your playing into his trolling has now turned a thread of positive, useful discussion for the first two pages into three straight pages of arguing with the 30 year old male equivalent of Brokendoll.

It's your choice if you really wanna keep trying to rationally debate someone who clearly has no education, life experience, grasp of commerce, and who's only really doing this being he's too dumb to ever be right about anything and wanted to derail the thread.

I was ignoring him for a reason, so that if anyone in a position to think about adopting this policy again happened to check it out they wouldn't be turned off by how quickly these supposed "loyal fans" of Coachella degenerate into a slap-fight. Every post he ever made has been immature, feather-headed gibberish. Why not go make fun of the ones in other threads and just let him wear himself out trying to start a fight in here?

I know you had the best intentions but I think your proposed solution was a bit half baked and quite self serving. Let me pose a hypothetical scenario to you:

You said, "Well, with all these systems you've put in place it seems to me that you could easily create a much more motivating reason to register one's wristband: some limited advanced pre-sales for anyone who already has a coachella.com account from previous year's attendance." So assume that Coachella takes you up on your offer. But only those who attended Coachella in 2006 or any previous years may sign up for the advanced pre-sale. How do you feel now?

I get what you are trying to do. At some point we are going to be having a discussion about the proper ways to deal with ticket scarcity. I'm sure folks at GV are already talking about it. Having lived through the ticket fiasco of Burning Man and followed the near collapse of entire community over ticket scarcity this year, I've read way too many simple ideas to solve a complex problem. I hope we can have a fruitful discussion on the topic without treading the same ground that's already been tread. We have a lot of smart people here. And this is a topic I'm eager to discuss so, I'm with you in hoping we can have a discussion positively.

amyzzz
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
He seriously argues worse than I do.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 04:42 PM
And all this arguing about whether we deserve preferential treatment is exactly what I thought I clearly explained is NOT the justification for this idea. It's not to reward us. Paul has spoken many times about how much he loves and appreciates the devotion people have for his fest. GV has been instituting a series of policy changes over the past several years clearly intended to help curb scalping, discourage attendance by people who aren't there to really get into the spirit of treating Coachella as a four-day immersive experience instead of just some bands playing in the desert (no single day passes, tripling the camping capacity), and numerous other additions to what we get for our money over the past few years. I don't believe that they're doing all that just to make money. GV seems to be one company who really does care about whether or not their guests fully appreciate what they've worked so hard to put together.

It's silly to think that they don't care who buys their tickets. Anyone who puts on a show hopes the audience will be positive and enthusiastic and get as much out of their work as possible. I'm not saying they should make this previous-attendee presale just for our sakes--I legitimately believe that Paul would at least consider that it might benefit the festival itself to make sure at least some portion of the passes get into the hands of people who've previously been and who are so passionate about going that they'd take extra steps just for the relief of knowing their most important weekend is a lock. If you've been at least one previous year you're less likely to be a source of trouble as you know what the rules are, you hopefully get into the vibe of things, you're less likely to end up a medical emergency... there's a lot of reasons why it would be good from their perspective, not just ours.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Season tickets are not something teams offer to people because they are "loyal". Sports teams make their money primarily from ticket sales, yes? Well when a team isn't doing that great, they don't sell out every game. If a team isn't selling out every game, their income can vary dramatically. This uncertainty makes it harder for them to run their business.

This was true maybe 10-20 years ago but sports teams get more income through TV revenue now so....

Teams offer season tickets as a means of stabilizing their income. A season ticket is guaranteed income that helps reducing the uncertainty of how much revenue a team can expect. When tickets to any given game are widely available, buying a season ticket doesn't make much sense. But post-season tickets are harder to come by. Teams give season ticket holders an opportunity to secure their tickets ahead of public on sales, like you said. The sports team gets guaranteed income while the fan gets access to tickets in times of scarcity.

The things is, when you purchase a season ticket, you are given the opportunity to purchase your same season ticket again the following year before other people are allowed to purchase anything. You own the rights to your ticket/seat in many instances, meaning they aren't just goint to throw it back on the market if you own the seat / ticket liscence. If you buy an available season ticket, it's yours for the forseeable future (if you choose to renew) and not just one year. They also cap the amount of PSL's / season tickets they sell; they can do the same in a similar program at a music festival. Provide a certain amount of liscences for people who plan on attending every year to purchase and give them first crack. You have the option of renewing it on a specific date and if you don't wan't to, then your liscence opens up for someone else to purchase.

The Pittsburgh Steelers, for example, are generally successful and don't need to do anything specific for an individual season ticket holder either because someone else will be happy to take their place. Their waiting list for season tickets is pretty long and they could just throw them all back on the market every year for different people to purchase and they would sell them out no problem. Instead, current season ticket holders are allowed to renew and many fans who have waited years for season tickets are left hanging.

Edit: The problem with your "season ticket analogy" is that every single ticket would instantly be converted to a "season" ticket with, I would say, at least a 95% return rate every year. And what I mean to say is that on any given year you can expect 95% of "season ticket holders" to renew their pass for the next Coachella. The rest of people who you have deemed as the unwashed and unable to get a "season ticket" will, I suppose, be placed on a waiting list? There is no penalty for not renewing your pass and if you ultimately decide not to go, it's a guarantee that you will be able to unload your pass either back through Coachella (who will in turn sell it to the next in line) or through the secondary market (where prices will be significantly higher).

The penalty for not renewing your pass is that you lose the rights to it. It's not like I am asking there to be anywhere close to 150,000+ "personal pass liscences" or anything. People will still have a chance to go to the festival every year.

So, it seems to me, what you want is a select group bourgeois of Coachella Club Members with the ability to secure tickets before the public, who will secure their tickets then decide if they will go or not without penalty and continue to maintain their Coachella Executive Preferred Membership™.

Here, I've got a picture for you:

http://i45.tinypic.com/2r2m2id.png

Hey jackass, read around the fucking thread. It's not just me who is in support of some loyalty program.

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 04:52 PM
And all this arguing about whether we deserve preferential treatment is exactly what I thought I clearly explained is NOT the justification for this idea. It's not to reward us. Paul has spoken many times about how much he loves and appreciates the devotion people have for his fest. GV has been instituting a series of policy changes over the past several years clearly intended to help curb scalping, discourage attendance by people who aren't there to really get into the spirit of treating Coachella as a four-day immersive experience instead of just some bands playing in the desert (no single day passes, tripling the camping capacity), and numerous other additions to what we get for our money over the past few years. I don't believe that they're doing all that just to make money. GV seems to be one company who really does care about whether or not their guests fully appreciate what they've worked so hard to put together.

I don't disagree with this at all.

It's silly to think that they don't care who buys their tickets. Anyone who puts on a show hopes the audience will be positive and enthusiastic and get as much out of their work as possible. I'm not saying they should make this previous-attendee presale just for our sakes--I legitimately believe that Paul would at least consider that it might benefit the festival itself to make sure at least some portion of the passes get into the hands of people who've previously been and who are so passionate about going that they'd take extra steps just for the relief of knowing their most important weekend is a lock. If you've been at least one previous year you're less likely to be a source of trouble as you know what the rules are, you hopefully get into the vibe of things, you're less likely to end up a medical emergency... there's a lot of reasons why it would be good from their perspective, not just ours.

I don't disagree with this either.

Tell me if I have this right: Tickets for Coachella are being increasingly scarce. It is becoming harder and harder for Coachella "regulars" to secure their tickets with each passing year. GV and Coachella have a demonstrated track record of "going above and beyond" what some might expect from a festival. Indeed, one might say that Coachella sets the standard about what we could and should expect from a music festival, no? And that track record includes incorporating feedback from it's fans and working to improve their experience. So it's not unreasonable to suggest they might implement a system to ensure their most loyal fans get tickets. Or is it?

I think we need to first establish why this is necessary. Because I think that would help identify what solutions are both possible and fair. We can agree that tickets are becoming increasingly harder to get and we expect that trend to continue, no? So why are tickets becoming more scarce? Is it a scalper problem or a popularity problem?

If it's a scalper problem, then I think that your solution of an advanced pre-sale doesn't work. Scalpers will inevitably take advantage of the presale and whatever is left for the public sale. There are other, better solutions imo.

If it's a popularity problem, where there just aren't enough tickets to go around, then your problem is defining who gets access to the presale and who doesn't. And that is where I think the problem is because any criteria will be inherently unfair to someone. And like the saying goes, you can't please everyone. So I think one of the best solutions is to just do nothing. Everyone is equally unhappy.

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I know you had the best intentions but I think your proposed solution was a bit half baked and quite self serving. Let me pose a hypothetical scenario to you:

You said, "Well, with all these systems you've put in place it seems to me that you could easily create a much more motivating reason to register one's wristband: some limited advanced pre-sales for anyone who already has a coachella.com account from previous year's attendance." So assume that Coachella takes you up on your offer. But only those who attended Coachella in 2006 or any previous years may sign up for the advanced pre-sale. How do you feel now?

I get what you are trying to do. At some point we are going to be having a discussion about the proper ways to deal with ticket scarcity. I'm sure folks at GV are already talking about it. Having lived through the ticket fiasco of Burning Man and followed the near collapse of entire community over ticket scarcity this year, I've read way too many simple ideas to solve a complex problem. I hope we can have a fruitful discussion on the topic without treading the same ground that's already been tread. We have a lot of smart people here. And this is a topic I'm eager to discuss so, I'm with you in hoping we can have a discussion positively.

Well, I was there in 2006, actually, but man did you ever miss like half of what I said. That would be a great rebuttal, except last year was the first year you could register your wristband officially in this system and your identity be verified thanks to the addition of the RFID chips. It's a new thing they did so they could scan you in and out and you could participate in scanning-related activities around the fields. The registration system that started last year has no knowledge of years prior, nor could it. If they made the rule that only 2006 and prior attendees counted, well, firstly it would be a very arbitrary and seemingly baseless rejection of my exhaustively repeated explanation that there should be absolutely no discrimination based on how many or what years you attended. One year is no different than 11, making distinctions like that is discriminatory, not to mention irrelevant since only 2012 attendees could possibly be eligible (had they done it this year) due to it being the first time they had any technology that could let you register your ticket/wristband to your name permanently, which could then be associated with the user's frontgate account therefore making it possible to prove that you went last year before being allowed in to the presale waiting room.

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 05:00 PM
The penalty for not renewing your pass is that you lose the rights to it. It's not like I am asking there to be anywhere close to 150,000+ "personal pass liscences" or anything. People will still have a chance to go to the festival every year.

Sorry, maybe I didn't word this right.

Edit: The problem with your "season ticket analogy" is that every single ticket would instantly be converted to a "season" ticket with, I would say, at least a 95% return rate every year. And what I mean to say is that on any given year you can expect 95% of "season ticket holders" to renew their pass for the next Coachella. The rest of people who you have deemed as the unwashed and unable to get a "season ticket" will, I suppose, be placed on a waiting list? There is no penalty for not renewing your pass and if you ultimately decide not to go, it's a guarantee that you will be able to unload your pass either back through Coachella (who will in turn sell it to the next in line) or through the secondary market (where prices will be significantly higher).

In your scenario, I am a typical "coachella season pass holder". I'm going to renew my pass every year forever even though I don't plan on going every year and I will either sell my pass on the secondary market (at a profit) or back to Coachella (at no cost to me). I still retain my "rights" for the following year and I suffer no consequences if I don't go. The same goes for the other 149,999 passes while who knows how many thousands stand by on the waiting list. Do you not see the problem with this?

fatbastard
05-18-2012, 05:06 PM
http://www.flintshiretabletennis.co.uk/images/animation1.gif

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Well, I was there in 2006, actually, but man did you ever miss like half of what I said. That would be a great rebuttal, except last year was the first year you could register your wristband officially in this system and your identity be verified thanks to the addition of the RFID chips. It's a new thing they did so they could scan you in and out and you could participate in scanning-related activities around the fields. The registration system that started last year has no knowledge of years prior, nor could it. If they made the rule that only 2006 and prior attendees counted, well, firstly it would be a very arbitrary and seemingly baseless rejection of my exhaustively repeated explanation that there should be absolutely no discrimination based on how many or what years you attended. One year is no different than 11, making distinctions like that is discriminatory, not to mention irrelevant since only 2012 attendees could possibly be eligible (had they done it this year) due to it being the first time they had any technology that could let you register your ticket/wristband to your name permanently, which could then be associated with the user's frontgate account therefore making it possible to prove that you went last year before being allowed in to the presale waiting room.

I'm confused. Are you saying that you would have a special presale and that there would be no criteria for who would be eligible?

RotationSlimWang
05-18-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't disagree with this at all.

I don't disagree with this either.

Tell me if I have this right: Tickets for Coachella are being increasingly scarce. It is becoming harder and harder for Coachella "regulars" to secure their tickets with each passing year. GV and Coachella have a demonstrated track record of "going above and beyond" what some might expect from a festival. Indeed, one might say that Coachella sets the standard about what we could and should expect from a music festival, no? And that track record includes incorporating feedback from it's fans and working to improve their experience. So it's not unreasonable to suggest they might implement a system to ensure their most loyal fans get tickets. Or is it?

I think we need to first establish why this is necessary. Because I think that would help identify what solutions are both possible and fair. We can agree that tickets are becoming increasingly harder to get and we expect that trend to continue, no? So why are tickets becoming more scarce? Is it a scalper problem or a popularity problem?

If it's a scalper problem, then I think that your solution of an advanced pre-sale doesn't work. Scalpers will inevitably take advantage of the presale and whatever is left for the public sale.

If it's a popularity problem, where there just aren't enough tickets to go around, then your problem is defining who gets access to the presale and who doesn't. And that is where I think the problem is because any criteria will be inherently unfair to someone. And like the saying goes, you can't please everyone. So I think one of the best solutions is to just do nothing. Everyone is equally unhappy.

Maybe the presale limit one ticket per registered account. You can buy a ticket for yourself, it's automatically tied to your name and frontgate account exclusively. Anybody who scalped a ticket last year (meaning bought tickets with the express intention of selling them) almost certainly didn't register the wristband to their scalper name before selling it, therefore that scalper couldn't buy a ticket in my theoretical presale. Plus single ticket limits make scalping insanely high risk speculating, in fact no real scalper would ever bother because unless you have at least a pair you have almost no chance of selling to their most desired clientele (rich people who want to have a glamorous time and never want to do it alone).

They would still take some bite out in the regular onsale sure, but just because the plan doesn't eliminate all scalping doesn't mean there's no value to it. If it helps get tickets into the hands of loyal fans and only loyal fans I'd call that a success.

Popularity is a factor too. I don't have any problem defining who gets access to the presale--if you read my post, I explain very clearly who gets access. People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012. GV would be able to see that the wristband was sold to John Smith through his frontgate account, then that his wristband was registered to John Smith on coachella.com, then that the wristband had been scanned in at the turnstiles. There ya go, dude went, he's eligible: proof. The reason we can finally advocate a system like this is it took the RFID bands, the Frontgate ticket system, and the registering your RFID chip with your name and info to make verifying any of this possible.

Now it's possible. Let's do it.

GuyInTucson
05-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Sorry, maybe I didn't word this right.

In your scenario, I am a typical "coachella season pass holder". I'm going to renew my pass every year forever even though I don't plan on going every year and I will either sell my pass on the secondary market (at a profit) or back to Coachella (at no cost to me). I still retain my "rights" for the following year and I suffer no consequences if I don't go. The same goes for the other 149,999 passes while who knows how many thousands stand by on the waiting list. Do you not see the problem with this?

I do see a problem which is why you should probably go back and read my entire post.

gaypalmsprings
05-18-2012, 05:23 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8XDvGkoMNVo/TEjNnICf5AI/AAAAAAAAAfE/0iOswQbRils/s1600/blabla.jpg

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 05:25 PM
I do see a problem which is why you should probably go back and read my entire post.

I will not.

Wheres the beef?
05-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Popularity is a factor too. I don't have any problem defining who gets access to the presale--if you read my post, I explain very clearly who gets access. People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012. GV would be able to see that the wristband was sold to John Smith through his frontgate account, then that his wristband was registered to John Smith on coachella.com, then that the wristband had been scanned in at the turnstiles. There ya go, dude went, he's eligible: proof. The reason we can finally advocate a system like this is it took the RFID bands, the Frontgate ticket system, and the registering your RFID chip with your name and info to make verifying any of this possible.

Now it's possible. Let's do it.

Even though I would be excluded from the presale for not having went last year, I would be down for this. But only if a person buys a ticket through their frontgate account, registers it coachella.com, has their ID verified at Coachella, and has their wristband scanned at the terminals.

SoulDischarge
05-18-2012, 05:44 PM
the 30 year old male equivalent of Brokendoll.

He's closer to a 30 year old cr***, to be fair.

insbordnat
05-18-2012, 05:47 PM
I'm with the others, that some type of loyalty program isn't a bad idea. But take me as an example, I've been every year except 1999 and 2012. So if I didn't go in 2012, will I be penalized for not being "loyal", since I didn't scan in? I bought tickets with the intention of going and gave them to a friend instead. Where do you draw the line?

Sure, it can be arbitrary, but then those who just missed the cutoff will feel alienated. And is the cutoff justified? Would the Coachella virgin that first attended in 2012 and then in 2013 establish more "loyalty" than me, despite me having been to the festival for 9 years more than him/her?

I'm all for registration on a site allowing preference. But word will spread and everyone will register. Then what?

blackchango
05-18-2012, 06:57 PM
This is a very fair proposal and I hope Paul or any of the other head honchos reads this. If this were to be implemented, I'm sure I would be entitled to a free pass for life or VIP for life considering that I have attended every one of these mofos. ;)

algunz
05-18-2012, 07:35 PM
Guys, seriously, it's not like you have any obligation to listen to me, but your playing into his trolling here?

Your

Nobody is perfect.

PulpOne
05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/tumblr_limthcd5BD1qfyv11o1_500.gif

philabuster
05-18-2012, 08:10 PM
I met a girl in line in 2004 from my college who said she was only there for Radiohead and was leaving the next day. There's been people like that every year.

Makes my point - your 04 girl was there for Radiohead. The 12 girl was there for Swedish House Mafia. Plus she was wearing a little club dress and heels.

suprefan
05-18-2012, 08:15 PM
:nono

Somewhat Damaged
05-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Jason: sorry, but I can't help myself -- it's "license." Just the one 's'.

Another proposal, which borrows a bit from Brandon's: have another festival comprised entirely of EDM artists in the fall (not sure when the polo season begins, but perhaps September or October -- whenever fall break happens to be) and have the on-sale for tickets to that event coincide with the pre-sale for the following year's Coachella. It could also either be paired with the limited, exclusive pre-sale for previous years' attendees (who would be verified through the process Randy's suggesting) as well as picture verification of ticketholders. Perhaps part of the registration process of your RFID chip could also entail having to upload a passport- or driver's license-style picture of yourself, and they could use something like an iPad to scan you in so that when they do so, your picture appears on the screen.

ods..
05-18-2012, 09:02 PM
Fuck it, iPads for every attendee.

bullcat
05-18-2012, 11:02 PM
If the passes were all registered as they were sold I don't see why Goldenvoice couldn't use something like Ticketmaster's system where you can resell a ticket to a show you bought except it's all verified by their system so you know you're not getting ripped off. But in TM's case it's like an ebay auction, whereas Coachella could just let you put your wristband's ID back into the system available for purchase anew at face value from GV and when it's sold just deactivate your wristband and refund you your ticket costs minus all the fees and whatever a fair fee is for "restocking" so to speak. You get a guaranteed ticket but if you can't go you can only get half your money back. I'd do it.

I have actually been wondering about this myself. What if, as Randy has mentioned, Goldenvoice/Coachella legitimized the resell of tickets by creating their own ticket reselling system or use Ticketmaster's system? Another option could be to partner with Stub Hub? Major League Baseball (with the exception of the Toronto Blue Jays) has partnered with Stub Hub to ensure that tickets purchased on Stub Hub’s site are legitimate MLB tickets. Goldenvoice could do the same for Coachella and possibly Stagecoach.

Of course everyone would like to be able to purchase tickets initially at face price but the reality is that even with a loyalty program some people are going to get left out, and/or miss the opportunity, and ticket/wristband scalping is going to exist (though not necessarily related to those people who purchased tickets via a loyalty program). So why not make it so people can feel confident buying wristbands in the secondary market. I would not mind paying above face value if I knew I was getting a real wristband. I would not feel comfortable getting a wristband in the secondary market if I wasn’t guaranteed that it was real. Those of us who do not live within driving distance to Coachella have to pay for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a rental car just to make it to the festival. It would suck to spend all that money (along with the price of the fake wristband) only to find out at the gate that a fake wristband had been purchase and we would not be allows into the festival.

I know many people do not like the idea of buying tickets above face value but Coachella is for me, and many others, something we look forward to all year long and I would pay a lot of money to be able to attend. While I was able to get a GA ticket for 2013, if I had to, I would have purchase a VIP 4 Person Tent at $5200 for just myself so I could go to Coachella. Excessive maybe but every year I’ve been it’s been the high point of my year and I can’t put a price on that.

BROKENDOLL
05-18-2012, 11:41 PM

Randy, how long was your hiatus, or "time-out" from the board? What, maybe a little over a year? Amazing... All that time away and you couldn't manage to come up with any new material to stroke your ego with? Lame.

BROKENDOLL
05-18-2012, 11:42 PM
Fuck it, iPads for every attendee.
Let's see if they'll toss in a Maxi-Pad for Randy...

BROKENDOLL
05-19-2012, 12:01 AM
I have actually been wondering about this myself. What if, as Randy has mentioned, Goldenvoice/Coachella legitimized the resell of tickets by creating their own ticket reselling system or use Ticketmaster's system? Another option could be to partner with Stub Hub? Major League Baseball (with the exception of the Toronto Blue Jays) has partnered with Stub Hub to ensure that tickets purchased on Stub Hub’s site are legitimate MLB tickets. Goldenvoice could do the same for Coachella and possibly Stagecoach.

Of course everyone would like to be able to purchase tickets initially at face price but the reality is that even with a loyalty program some people are going to get left out, and/or miss the opportunity, and ticket/wristband scalping is going to exist (though not necessarily related to those people who purchased tickets via a loyalty program). So why not make it so people can feel confident buying wristbands in the secondary market. I would not mind paying above face value if I knew I was getting a real wristband. I would not feel comfortable getting a wristband in the secondary market if I wasn’t guaranteed that it was real. Those of us who do not live within driving distance to Coachella have to pay for a plane ticket, hotel room, and a rental car just to make it to the festival. It would suck to spend all that money (along with the price of the fake wristband) only to find out at the gate that a fake wristband had been purchase and we would not be allows into the festival.

I know many people do not like the idea of buying tickets above face value but Coachella is for me, and many others, something we look forward to all year long and I would pay a lot of money to be able to attend. While I was able to get a GA ticket for 2013, if I had to, I would have purchase a VIP 4 Person Tent at $5200 for just myself so I could go to Coachella. Excessive maybe but every year I’ve been it’s been the high point of my year and I can’t put a price on that.
You know, when I saw everybody trippin' on getting their Front Gate accounts all set and ready, their browsers finely tuned, and oiling up their refresh buttons so they could be all over this pre-sale at exactly 10 am, I figured I'd skip the "rush hour" phone traffic, and try to purchase later in the afternoon. In fact, I didn't even wakeup until almost 10:30 that morning, and was supposed to work by noon. But, like a moth to a flame, I came here to see what was up, and realized then, that I needed to re-adjust my priority list, or I might end up missing out on what would be my 10th Coachella. I was lucky enough to secure our passes, but for the rest of the day I kept thinking to myself how it might have felt to not secure tickets...Couldn't even imagine after all these years!

SoulDischarge
05-19-2012, 02:01 AM
That gif.

GuyInTucson
05-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Jason: sorry, but I can't help myself -- it's "license." Just the one 's'.

embarrassing.

You obviously didn't learn English from the same place the person who programmed the spell-checker/ auto corrector on the word program at work did, Rick.

theresalwaysone
05-19-2012, 07:59 AM
How ironic.

yardbird
05-19-2012, 11:21 PM
I love how Coachella Forum Whores instantly claim someone is trolling just because there is a difference of opinions.

Next year will be my 5th Coachella festival and I am entitled to my own god damn portapotty.
Also, I hate waiting in line behind all the bros and n00bs. I deserve my own "Coachella Celebrity VIP Line" for the food stands. Fuck you assholes who come to their first coachella and dare stand in front of me in line.
Every consecutive year I go to Coachella, I deserve 5 extra feet of camping space.
Most importantly, The more experienced campers get better camping spots.
Coachella Forum Celebrities should all get a free purple holy fuck tshirt.

Slimwang, I hope there is more to your life than just Coachella. Stop acting like you are more deserving than anyone else that wants to get tickets.

fatbastard
05-20-2012, 05:05 AM
That's 7 "I's"

Nikita
05-20-2012, 07:31 AM
Free VIP upgrade after 5 Coachellas! I likey

malcolmjama1awesome
05-20-2012, 04:04 PM
You know, when I saw everybody trippin' on getting their Front Gate accounts all set and ready, their browsers finely tuned, and oiling up their refresh buttons so they could be all over this pre-sale at exactly 10 am, I figured I'd skip the "rush hour" phone traffic, and try to purchase later in the afternoon. In fact, I didn't even wakeup until almost 10:30 that morning, and was supposed to work by noon. But, like a moth to a flame, I came here to see what was up, and realized then, that I needed to re-adjust my priority list, or I might end up missing out on what would be my 10th Coachella. I was lucky enough to secure our passes, but for the rest of the day I kept thinking to myself how it might have felt to not secure tickets...Couldn't even imagine after all these years!

so youre saying youre unemployed

Larry Farnsworth
05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Larry Farnsworth is the cause of why Coachella is ruined to certain people

Frankly, Neighborhood Creep, I figured you'd know better.

M Sparks
05-21-2012, 08:26 AM
I registered my wristband last year specifically because I thought there might be something coming later in the form of presale or some other loyalty program.

EDIT- And by last year, I mean like 6 weeks ago.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 08:44 AM
there should be absolutely no discrimination based on how many or what years you attended.

100%

get tickets into the hands of loyal fans and only loyal fans I'd call that a success.
if you read my post, I explain very clearly who gets access. People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012.

You will never ever ever have any say who gets a pass or when. Nice try.

1 says there should be "no discrimination based on how many or what years you attended."

2 says "get tickets into the hands of loyal fans and only loyal fans" "People with registered wristbands from 2011, or next year 2011 and 2012."

FAIL

RotationSlimWang
05-21-2012, 08:55 AM
The infrastructure doesn't exist to track any further back than 2012 in any accurate way, Goat. You're out of your depth.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 09:12 AM
what the fuck does that have to do with your hypocritical, contradicting posts?

If Goldenvoice gives tickets to any certain group it is discrimination. First come first serve. Don't get caught slipping. Pretty easy.

Neighborhood Creep
05-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Frankly, Neighborhood Creep, I figured you'd know better.

I said certain people, not myself.

SepaGroove
05-21-2012, 09:19 AM
Goldenvoice will never introduce a loyalty program. They don't give a shit how many years you've attended. All they care about is the festival selling out, not who's buying the tickets.

All about $$$

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Goldenvoice will never introduce a loyalty program. They don't give a shit how many years you've attended. All they care about is the festival selling out, not who's buying the tickets.

All about $$$

Everyone that has been sucking Paul Ts cock for 12 years begs to differ....Goldenvoice acknowledges them and really does care. Goldenvoice ais reading this and making cupcakes for everyone tonight.

This is about respect for return attendees and loyalty to specific peoples money. You don't know about business. Business is NOT about money and taking it from whoever gives it to you faster. lol

Neighborhood Creep
05-21-2012, 09:25 AM
I think they care about who is attending or else they wouldn't have some of the rare acts that they do.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 09:26 AM
I think they care about who is attending or else they wouldn't have some of the rare acts that they do.

Right....Chella booked FIREHOSE because TOMAZ loves them. Gota keep Tom happy...duh
They are attracting certain crowds with the booking. Thats 100% correct. I doubt they are interested in how many years anyone has gone to coachella or how many years they will return. This is a music fest. If you build it, they will come. They always have and they always will. It has always been about a bigger and better show. More advertising, better booking, more art, lights, lasers, more vendors and attractions. All of that work has grown this to be a huge draw. People come every year from every part of the world. That is huge! Of course there will be crowd problems and ticket shortages. California allows scaping to be a business. Reselling tickets. Deal with it. get tickets however you can and show up if you want. There will be plenty of time to do this. No need to panic, prey, write letters or argue about better ways for these BOSS MOTHER FUCKERS at Goldenvoice to do what they do.

Miroir Noir
05-21-2012, 09:28 AM
You meant to say "Boourns," not "TomAZ."

TomAz
05-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Yeah, Pulp's boring.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah, Pulp's boring.
lol sorry.racist.. I know. I made it better for you

TomAz
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't think he booked fIREHOSE for me; I'd pretty much forgotten about those guys til they were announced. I was happy to see them, though.

Paul T and I did have extensive email correspondence about booking Jimmy Cliff and the Buzzcocks, however. "Paul," I said, "who the fuck is Tim Armstrong and why does he need to share the bill with Jimmy?". Paul didn't listen.

amyzzz
05-21-2012, 10:01 AM
I think Paul went after Portishead and Gorillaz because of the board. We begged for those every year.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Fuck Tim Armstrong...sorry to use you as an example Tom. I don't care who reads this board or what the purpose is. I really don't agree with making a thread with a selfish request and claiming this request is the consensus of the whole group being a productive effort. This seems retarded and crafted by a kook.
No offense to the other selfish people that agree. An open letter to Paul T on this forum is a stupid idea and a desperate attempt to receive special attention and privileges. If you want to assure your entry 100% and you care so much about this festival being a better place, contribute and join the coachella team.

If your just some music lover, forum geek that can't get enough Coachella and feel like your power (as if any of you ever had any) is slipping away and you need to reach out and grasp for that last hold as you fall further away from the festival you love so much......YOU ARE AN IDIOT. No matter how educated you are or how well you can debate on a forum. IDIOT.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 10:03 AM
I think Paul went after Portishead and Gorillaz because of the board. We begged for those every year.

classic example...because yes...you are the only ones that like Gorillaz and Portishead. Are you a troll in disguise, or are you really living in a fantasy world?

BROKENDOLL
05-21-2012, 10:38 AM
so youre saying youre unemployed
Unemployed? I'm the fucking boss, you moron...

M Sparks
05-21-2012, 11:41 AM
Ask any business what the key to success is and it's repeat business.

You're Goldenvoice and you have one ticket left, and two people have $349. One is a a kid from Paso Robles who is "really into house this semester." The other is someone who has been going every year for a decade and talks up the festival 11 1/2 months out of the year.

Whose money would you rather take?

yardbird
05-21-2012, 11:56 AM

You're Goldenvoice and you have one ticket left, and two people have $349. One is a a kid from Paso Robles who is "really into house this semester." The other is someone who has been going every year for a decade and talks up the festival 11 1/2 months out of the year.

When the demand exceeds the supply, they won't care who they sell the tickets to. it will sell and it's projected to sell in the future.
But early on, repeat business is very important to build up their brand.

Besides sporting events, are there any festivals including comiccon type events that have a reserve of tickets held for long time supporters?

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 12:00 PM

you have 200,000 kids that want to pay for tickets and 25 old timers that want to pay for tickets....who will you sell tickets to?

first come first serve

algunz
05-21-2012, 12:42 PM
There are a lot more than 25 of us.

Phantasma Del Mar
05-21-2012, 01:06 PM
The repeaters who post on this board are definitely in the minority when it comes to the average attendee. It's a music festival, go or don't go. You are not entitled to anything.

TomAz
05-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Business advice from the ranks of the minimum wage.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 01:13 PM
business advice?

mine would be to mind your own usually. Thats the only business advice I have to offer.
You folks sure are bitter. Your argument and requests are fucking pipe dreams. You can try and attack me and what I do all you want, it doesn't make your idiot logic any more realistic.

"If I was educated, Id be a damn fool."

Miroir Noir
05-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Somebody's got it in for Goatchella. They're planting stories in the press.

algunz
05-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Because I'd like to be recognized for my endless loyalty, does not make me bitter. You guys are beginning to sound rather bitter though.

TomAz
05-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Somebody's got it in for Goatchella. They're planting stories in the press.

One day he'll be in the ditch, flies buzzing around his eyes.
Blood on his saddle.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 01:32 PM
Because I'd like to be recognized for my endless loyalty, does not make me bitter. You guys are beginning to sound rather bitter though.

You are recognized...and respected. Is that not enough, Gunz?

* edit...and admired!

GuyInTucson
05-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Let's just say for the sake of argument, Goat, that they do implement some sort of loyalty clause. How you qualify and who else qualifies is irrelevant....the point in this scenario, is that YOU qualify for it. Would you attempt to take advantage of it?

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I have taken advantage of Coachella in the past. I am paying it forward at this point and I like paying for a nice hard copy ticket.
I do not believe that there should be an argument because I do not believe anyone is any better than anyone else. No matter how much money they make, how old they are or how smart they are.

I have the money to buy VIP. I have the money to stay in the most boss hawg suite in La quinta, rent a house ect....I choose to live the wook life and be a common festival attendee. I don't take advantage of much. Sorry I am not the typical person to fall into this trap your setting up. I really just am not the right guy to fit the stereotype.

GuyInTucson
05-21-2012, 02:01 PM
I get all that and you have made that very clear in several previous posts...

But you didn't answer my question. If GV implemented a system where a limited number of previous attendees could qualify for early purchase rights, would you take advantage of that just so you could assure yourself a face-value ticket, yes or no?

amyzzz
05-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Hasn't he said he would buy a scalped ticket if he didn't get it the first day? He doesn't care.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM
I would take advantage of it to feel cool and stroke my ego if I did at all. No I would not take advantage of early purchase rights to assure myself a face value price.

I do however take advantage of the pre-sale in place to opt for layaway. I am already really thankful for that and have exercised my ability to do so since Coachella allowed us to. I feel special having tickets on layaway...not because I have been going so long, or because I am loyal or because my cock is bigger than yours...I feel special because I am on top of things and I have made Coachella a priority every year. My excitement is the reason I am assured tickets, my preparedness is the reason I will be there every year. If I fail to get tickets one of these years maybe you will catch me wishing and dreaming for a better system. Fact is, I get tickets every year with the system in place and obviously you do too.

Now tell me more about why we need to change things and put a barcode on everyones forehead, keep a database of all the "loyal" attendees and what they have done?

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Hasn't he said he would buy a scalped ticket if he didn't get it the first day? He doesn't care.

If I really want to go I will do whatever I have to. I take matters into my own hands. I don't type on a message board and send asshole sucking love letters to my "leader"

amyzzz
05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh, I see your issue now. You're worried about privacy.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh, I see your issue now. You're worried about privacy.

I don't have any issues regarding anything about Coachella...I have my own issues in life and Coachella is the answer to them. It has nothing to do with privacy. If I was a paranoid person I wouldn't be on a message board, posting pictures, friending people on Facebook, meeting people in person, helping strangers ect.

I'ts about cry babies shutting the fuck up and being thankful for what they are offered. It's about certain circles thinking they are better and deserve more. It's about assholes making stupid requests.

lt.roast.a.botch
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Barring a horrible lineup/experience next year, this may be the last year that everyone who is on top of it will get a ticket. If there is going to be a loyalty program installed, GV should be discussing it now.

GuyInTucson
05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
Going back and forth about this is not going to do any good nor do I feel like having an endless debate with you over this subject. As you have stated before, anyone who REALLY wants to go to Coachella can and will. People around here take care of each other and there is plenty on the secondary market.

I just wanted to know if you would take advantage of something you deem to be unfair if it were available to you.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I am kind of upset that I can only buy two tickets, because every year I buy tickets for people who do not have credit or debit cards....These people have been going to chella just as long as some of you. They have never been on the message board. They do not have a circle jerk of buddies to back them up or any insiders to help them.

If I could I would buy tickets for all of them and let them pay me back at any time. If any of you needed help getting tickets, I would be looking all over and talking to my network and secure legit tickets for you. (even wang,lastgreatman,monklish or whatever other idiot accounts your hiding behind) I would help anyone. DO NOT DEPEND ON ANY MONEY HUNGRY ORGANIZATION TO HELP YOU.

This is my stance. Sorry you don't agree. I'm done here.

JustSteve
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
I do not believe that there should be an argument because I do not believe anyone is any better than anyone else. No matter how much money they make, how old they are or how smart they are.

that's what is now wrong with this county. everyone is special, we all deserve the same, where's my participation trophy, i deserve my piece of the pie. look where we are now thanks to those thoughts.

TomAz
05-21-2012, 02:24 PM
I am confused by what logic writing an open letter to a business leader constitutes "asshole sucking".

RotationSlimWang
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I'm not going to apologize in the slightest for Paul T being one of my few truly admired figures. He created something that to me is just as valuable of a component to enjoying music to its fullest as the musicians themselves. People saying that it's all about money and it's strictly business and all that don't have a clue what they're talking about. Do you know how much more money GV turns down to preserve the integrity of Coachella? Why do you think none of the stages are sponsored by AT&T or Coca-Cola? Do you have any idea how many millions of dollars in sponsorship they turn down every year just because they want to throw a dignified festival?

If you don't have respect for an operation that's grown to this point and still retained their "for the fans" determination, you're one seriously ungrateful bastard.

Goatchella
05-21-2012, 02:27 PM
Heineken...

GuyInTucson
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Heineken...

You're completely missing his point.

RotationSlimWang
05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I challenge anyone to find an instance of Goatchella GETTING a point.

TomAz
05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I am confused why somebody wealthy enough to rent a boss hawg suite at La Quinta has to buy his tickets on layaway.

RotationSlimWang
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I am confused why somebody who by his own admission is low man on the totem pole at some kind of weed growing operation is apparently so wealthy.

TomAz
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
I just figured he had some sort of trust fund for his compensatory damage award from his head injury.

algunz
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
I challenge anyone to find an instance of Goatchella GETTING a point.

Goat, has a point, but he hides it well with the way he parts his hair.

Miroir Noir
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Pray 4 friends of Goatchella who don't have debit cards.

Rosemont17
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
i love the passion from this group. for me and my girl, we are both in our 40's and to get back to reality, ITS JUST A MUSIC FESTIVAL. they are trying to make money. i love coachella as much as anyone on this board but when it gets to this point, you move on. i think its reaching a peak and good for the investors and all the creative talent that will be on the stages. but there are times where you just move on and find something else if you cant reach a ticket.

algunz
05-21-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd rather move on of my own accord versus getting pushed out by the incredible influx of "music lovers."

TomAz
05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
I'd rather push algunz with my incredible influx.

algunz
05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Nice.

Rosemont17
05-21-2012, 03:02 PM
shit happens. time to hustle if it means that much to ya!

HandBanana
05-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I love how Paul Tollet's last name always makes me think of Eddie Murphy doing his impression of Richard Pryor telling pooping jokes and saying "toilet"

HandBanana
05-21-2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_A6K9rSko

Neighborhood Creep
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Pray 4 friends of Goatchella who don't have debit cards.

Tebowing

TomAz
05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Nice.

I told you I thought I needed to get creepier.

algunz
05-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Excellent work. You have yet to let me down. :)

Inthecolumbiagorge
05-21-2012, 05:41 PM
I am with Goat on this one. I do not always like all the rules Coachella has but the festival does not owe me first chance at a ticket or really any more chance at a ticket than anyone else willing to fork out the cash. The demand is greater than the supply and you can spell it anyway you want to but that is the reality of Coachella today. I am glad they did not do a stupid lottery like Burning Man at least. And no..we did not get tickets for Coachella 2013, but then again we did not try.

grannock
05-21-2012, 06:17 PM
If you have been to coachella every year, why not go somewhere else and let some wide eyed kid go see coldplay next year?

lt.roast.a.botch
05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
What about a licensing type deal like sports organizations have. Maybe a fee to guarantee ticket rights for 1-3-5 years ect [increase amount] and allow them to purchase more tickets too. Could that model work for festivals?

RotationSlimWang
05-21-2012, 09:25 PM
I just figured he had some sort of trust fund for his compensatory damage award from his head injury.

Maybe he successfully sued his parents for punitive damages as a result of his crippling ugliness.

algunz
05-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Damn, I want to say stuff, but I just am not ready for another asshole.

blackchango
05-21-2012, 09:37 PM
It's funny sometimes to see what happens when people start talking about ideas.

algunz
05-21-2012, 09:38 PM
It's better when they talk about Radiohead.

blackchango
05-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Or Bonny Bear

BROKENDOLL
05-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Damn, I want to say stuff, but I just am not ready for another asshole.
Damn, how cool would that be to be able to shit and talk out your ass at the same time?

algunz
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
I wouldn't know. Tell us about it.

BROKENDOLL
05-22-2012, 12:49 AM
It's funny sometimes to see what happens when people start talking about ideas.

Damn, how cool would that be to be able to shit and talk out your ass at the same time?

I wouldn't know. Tell us about it.

One day you'll thank me for providing you the chance at delivering that CRUSHING BLOW...

yardbird
05-22-2012, 06:14 AM
Goat, has a point, but he hides it well with the way he parts his hair.
Well done!

Bumblebee
05-22-2012, 10:22 AM

The "chip" on the bracelet is the only thing that needs to be authentic.

If you have a "real" fabric bracelet with a fake chip you are not getting in.

If you have a photocopy of the bracelent and a real chip you're all but certain to get in all 3 days.

nathanfairchild
05-22-2012, 10:40 AM
The "chip" on the bracelet is the only thing that needs to be authentic.

If you have a "real" fabric bracelet with a fake chip you are not getting in.

If you have a photocopy of the bracelent and a real chip you're all but certain to get in all 3 days.

missing the point.

Neighborhood Creep
05-22-2012, 11:21 AM
http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1337714380430967368.jpg