PDA

View Full Version : Car camping confusion

mikeynla
05-17-2012, 10:23 AM
I haven't camped in years, but we're giving car camping a try for 2013. We bought our 2 GA festival tix, but it only allowed to add 1 car camping (and it states, 1 car camping per-person). The camping info on c.com indicates that you can fit as many as you want, but everyone must have a festival pass. Is the $85 car camping pass good for both of us, or should we also have purchased a tent camping, in which case I may be screwed... the FAQ really isn't too clear on this... BAH!

COACHELLA 2013!!!!!!!!!!!!

emoassnolan
05-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Relax bud, the camping pass is good for both of you...camp next to your car.

Strike III
05-17-2012, 10:27 AM
The pass is good for everyone in the car. When you show up they just check the wristband with the person who bought it and the sticker. So you can have whole carload of people but only need one camping pass.

mikeynla
05-17-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks, I feel better :)

mikeynla
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks! When we tent camped years ago, everyone needed a camping pass. So this year, there are 6 of us, and each pair bought a car camping pass. We plan to carpool, so I guess we gave GV some extra dough... ;)

soleilvie
05-17-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm going to jump in here because I have a similar question. I bought 2 GA passes (one for me, one for a friend) and 1 car camping pass. If I decide not to camp but my friend does, can he get in with his wristband and the car camping pass (both purchased in the same order)? I understand it says the person who purchased the car camping pass must be the first to arrive but what if he has the GA wristband that was in the same order? Won't it look like it was his order? How do they check this?

frozen pilgrim
05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
^you're good

Stickjohn
05-18-2012, 05:27 AM
This is what the 2013 FAQ says:

This pass is NON transferable and will only be valid when used with the festival pass it was purchased with. Example: If John Doe purchased the passes and car camping, John Doe will be required to show ID when checking in.

H_is_O
05-18-2012, 05:45 AM
First time going, first time camping, needless to say im fucking pumped

soleilvie
05-18-2012, 05:49 AM
This pass is NON transferable and will only be valid when used with the festival pass it was purchased with. Example: If John Doe purchased the passes and car camping, John Doe will be required to show ID when checking in.

Sounded fine up until the part about having to show ID because my friend WILL be using one of the wristbands that was purchased with the camping pass. Hm.

tigermilkboy
05-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Sounded fine up until the part about having to show ID because my friend WILL be using one of the wristbands that was purchased with the camping pass. Hm.

Then arrive first

microcuts
05-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Why wouldn't you be camping with your friend?

moxie990
05-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Thanks! When we tent camped years ago, everyone needed a camping pass. So this year, there are 6 of us, and each pair bought a car camping pass. We plan to carpool, so I guess we gave GV some extra dough... ;)

If you can, why not drive 3 cars in? It's going to be tight as hell with 6 people on one spot. at the very least, you should drive two cars so you have a decent enough amount of space to set up camp in.

soleilvie
05-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Why wouldn't you be camping with your friend?

I live 20 minutes away and prefer getting a good night's rest in my own bed, having a nice shower, and taking the shuttle in. I camped my first year though so I was thinking about doing it again, but just in the event that I decide not to I was hoping my friend can still use it.

Robin
05-18-2012, 02:08 PM
I live 20 minutes away and prefer getting a good night's rest in my own bed, having a nice shower, and taking the shuttle in. I camped my first year though so I was thinking about doing it again, but just in the event that I decide not to I was hoping my friend can still use it.

Why don't you just arrive with your friend, then go home?

nyarlathotoats
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Why don't you just arrive with your friend, then go home?

This, unless you have other shit to do that day.

AnderSchlaba
12-16-2012, 12:16 PM

Why wouldn't you take your friend to your home and offer him a house-camping?