cobrien
05-15-2012, 01:04 PM
PLEASE

rasooli
05-16-2012, 01:04 AM
Support

jennings279
05-17-2012, 10:02 PM
This has to happen!!! Blur are consistently incredible, and to see the original lineup in the US for the first time since their reunion would be absolutely amazing.

Rolwolf
05-18-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm kind of expecting this. They've got some huge 2012 shows planned, that 20 disc box set or whatever is being released, and last month Albarn clarified that Blur will continue to exist after the Hyde Park show... At some point they'll play in the US again and Albarn has a history with Coachella. Seems to make sense.

concertgoer
05-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Blur would be amazing.

theanteater
05-22-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes, please!

Pumpkinhead33
05-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that Blur would be going on an indefinite hiatus, but now I can't find that anywhere so I must have made that up...

myfirstcoachella
05-23-2012, 01:05 AM
well damon is back n forth back n forth
said that yde park would be the last show
now says it will be the last show this year
recoridng sessions with william orbit fell apart, so looked bad
but now theyre recording again with someone else
so who knows
i wish hed make blur a priority again, even if its just for 1 last album
and actually write some songs worthy of the blur name
and take 1 last crack at america, they may not be a big deal in america as a whole, but im pretty sure most people going to coachella would be thrilled

Pumpkinhead33
05-23-2012, 05:13 AM
Well that'd be awesome if they played. I didn't snag a ticket in the pre-sale, but it'd make me try really hard to get one in the general sale.

tigermilkboy
05-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Only trouble with blur in the US is that 90% of the crowd are there for 'Song 2'.

mazzystareyes
05-23-2012, 07:11 AM
I support this.

Goatchella
05-23-2012, 07:27 AM
oh brother....

mazzystareyes
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
oh brother....
A guy who trips and blazes and doesn't like Blur???? To each their own. I guess.

myfirstcoachella
05-23-2012, 01:41 PM
Only trouble with blur in the US is that 90% of the crowd are there for 'Song 2'.

sadly this isnt only a US problem

concertgoer
05-23-2012, 01:59 PM

Fuck em. Plenty of real Blur fans would be at the set.

myfirstcoachella
05-23-2012, 02:05 PM
10yrs since their last US show. its gotta happen

Goatchella
05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
i do drugs so i must like BLUR...I like them fine...but at Coachella? in 2013?

nathanfairchild
05-23-2012, 02:32 PM

i imagine that the crowd would be just as big as pulp's crowd was this year, and they're even less known here than blur.

amyzzz
05-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I don't remember ever hearing a Pulp song on the radio -- at least Blur had that one hit.

Goatchella
05-23-2012, 03:03 PM
and the singer had a huge side project

Rolwolf
05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Honest question: Would Blur headline? I could see it, but I would think it's more likely they'd sub underneath the Sunday Superheadliner if it was someone like The Rolling Stones.

Coachella Bound
05-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Blur had 3 or 4 huge hits here in the states.... and yes they would headline.

Fourthisto
05-25-2012, 09:25 AM
I don't remember ever hearing a Pulp song on the radio -- at least Blur had that one hit.

Really? It seemed like "Disco 2000" and the pre-Shatner "Common People" were radio hits over here, back then. I also remember that "I Spy" was used in Mission Impossible, so that helped put them on the radar stateside.

At any rate, put me down as a hell yes for Blur next year.

concertgoer
05-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Honest question: Would Blur headline? I could see it, but I would think it's more likely they'd sub underneath the Sunday Superheadliner if it was someone like The Rolling Stones.

Blur would not headline. They would be second or third on their day.

mrhand
05-25-2012, 11:23 AM

One hit single in the states (Song 2, and not a "huge hit" commercially), none of their albums sold for shit here, and they never put on an arena-level tour in North America.

No they would not headline, not a fucking chance. Not a big enough draw and minimal name recognition stateside in comparison to actual headliners. They'd subhead a la Pulp and draw about the same sparse crowd who only gave a shit about waiting for Song 2 to shout woo-hoo.

Not to mention the last time Albarn was on the polo grounds he and Gorillaz delivered a steaming pile of snooze.

Coachella Bound
05-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Good thing its not just Americans at Coachella.

aside from 'Song 2'....

"Girls & Boys" reached number fifty-nine on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart and number four on the Modern Rock songs chart. To date, it remains Blur's highest charting single in the United States. Pitchfork Media included the song at number 26 on their Top 200 Tracks of the 90s.

"There's No Other Way" was also a minor hit in the United States, reaching number 82 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number five on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart.

http://videos.antville.org/static/videos/images/blur%20-%20coffee%20and%20tv.jpg

Now that people/blogs/critics have had enough time to digest the 90s, they have been acclaimed as one of the biggest bands of the decade (not just in the UK)

mrhand
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Good thing its not just Americans at Coachella.

Regardless, GV sells an overwhelming majority of tickets to (young) Americans, and Blur is a one-hit wonder to most of them, and a Pulp-level curiosity to the rest.

"Girls & Boys" reached number fifty-nine on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart..."There's No Other Way" was also a minor hit in the United States, reaching number 82 on the Billboard Hot 100.

HUGE HITS! A few more of those and they'll reach the stratosphere alongside Travis and Snow Patrol.

Now that people/blogs/critics have had enough time to digest the 90s, they have been acclaimed as one of the biggest bands of the decade (not just in the UK)

And yet with all that "acclaim," they've never headlined a major US festival and never staged a tour of the US of any size on par with other Coachella headliners. Not even close.

In fact, the last time they toured the US in 2003, they were playing small clubs and theaters (930 in DC, GAMH in SFO, Roseland in PDX, Koolhaus in TOR) that seat from a few hundred to a couple thousand. They weren't even big enough to book amphitheaters 9 years ago and they've done nothing since to boost their popularity here.

They're big in the UK and apparently among bloggers who've recently "digested the 90s," we get it. That doesn't translate to broad US popularity or headliner status no matter how hard you wish it would, and a #82 Billboard single 15 years ago won't change that.

Coachella Bound
05-25-2012, 01:07 PM
your argument is just as void as mine.... we're arguing statistics from almost a decade ago. Things have changed.... but until a new tour is announced, if ever, then this conversation is simply speculation.

mrhand
05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
your argument is just as void as mine.... we're arguing statistics from almost a decade ago. Things have changed.... but until a new tour is announced, if ever, then this conversation is simply speculation.

Coachella headliner status is rarified air. You declared they could headline, and the onus is on you to show they're comparable to the standard GV has had for other headliners and belong in that tier. Thus far, you've failed. Much like Blur has in America.

myfirstcoachella
05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
well blurs self titled album in 97 did pretty damn well and sold bucket loads in the US

also its not a question of if theyre big enough in america, are they big enough with the coachella crowd
i dont know anyone from LA that doesnt love blur

if black keys can headline
if at the drive in are big enough to sub headline
if freakin bon iver can subheadline
then yes BLUR can headline for sure

aguadulce
05-25-2012, 03:20 PM
Would love Blur but they won't headline.

Comparing them to Black Keys is not accurate. Black Keys get played CONSTANTLY on just about every
Los Angeles radio station for the past couple of years. And they are playing basketball arenas right now.
Blur at the peak of their popularity played the palace in LA and that holds maybe 1000, maybe. They would
be fantastic, but won't headline. Compare them to Oasis who had a whole bunch more hits in the US - they
could headline a Friday night, and they sold out the Hollywood Bowl last time they played in LA.

It's the same thing that people said Pulp and Pavement should have headlined - and how many people were
at their shows.

frizbee9
10-15-2012, 03:43 PM
i'd go to coachella just to see blur - the exact kind of band that should be playing the polo fields IMO.

grichsgang
10-15-2012, 04:34 PM
woo-hoo!

suprefan
10-15-2012, 05:35 PM
i'd go to coachella just to see blur - the exact kind of band that should be playing the polo fields IMO.

Well you did end up 10 years late to the party. Shouldve gone in 2003.

Dede' Arneaux
10-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Well you did end up 10 years late to the party. Shouldve gone in 2003.

Which was 9 years after the party really kicked off

neverclever
01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Would love Blur but they won't headline.

Comparing them to Black Keys is not accurate. Black Keys get played CONSTANTLY on just about every
Los Angeles radio station for the past couple of years. And they are playing basketball arenas right now.
Blur at the peak of their popularity played the palace in LA and that holds maybe 1000, maybe.

They sold out the Palladium at the height in 1997. But yeah definitely not big enough to headline and I'm a guy that flew to London in 2009 to see them.

They will be at Coachella 2013 though.

Dalen
01-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Blur would not headline. They would be second or third on their day.

you're an idiot. they would definitely headline.

nathanfairchild
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
no they wouldn't. they are incredibly tiny here. coachella is probably the only festival that would book them to subheadline.

Dalen
01-11-2013, 03:02 PM
no they wouldn't. they are incredibly tiny here. coachella is probably the only festival that would book them to subheadline.

they're far bigger than PULP, and PULP were 3rd down in the lineup.

stuporfly
01-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Well, well, well...

rage patton
01-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Wasn't Blur like... 5th billed in 03? I know Graham Coxon wasn't in the band at that point, and having him back means higher billing.... but to jump from 5th to top billed? No way. Blur would be 2nd or 3 billed tops.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Blur on the Main Stage in 2003

it went The Hives > The Blur > The Queens of the Stone Age > The Ben Harper > The Beastie Boys

Boourns
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
THE Ben Harper. For some reason, that one stands out.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2013, 03:58 PM
I watched all of them except THE Ben Harper.

concertgoer
01-11-2013, 03:59 PM
I would love to see Blur headline, but I think they would be second or third on their day
Edit: and I said that months ago in this thread :/

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
You'll have to go to Espana for that.

concertgoer
01-11-2013, 04:01 PM
You'll have to go to Espana for that.

I would so go if it wasn't five weeks after Coachella.

stuporfly
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
They're making a substantial jump from where they were last time around. That's my guess.

concertgoer
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM

I wouldn't say that. I feel like they could play at least as big if not bigger venues then Pulp played in America last year.

menikmati
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
They're subbing.

GuyInTucson
01-11-2013, 04:10 PM
They're subbing.

You know this for sure?

concertgoer
01-11-2013, 04:11 PM
And now I am going to watch Parklive again

menikmati
01-11-2013, 04:15 PM
You know this for sure?
Well no, but its the only thing that makes sense.

nathanfairchild
01-11-2013, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't say that. I feel like they could play at least as big if not bigger venues then Pulp played in America last year.

i just meant when compared to europe. most people i know can't even name one song by blur and if they do they know them as that band with the "woo hoo" song.

naruto_kenshin
01-11-2013, 04:36 PM
I want BLUR as much, if not more, than DAFT PUNK! Oh golly! please coachella gods

wunderbrad55
01-11-2013, 04:50 PM
They're making a substantial jump from where they were last time around. That's my guess.

4th overall billed in 2003 to possibly being the 2nd overall name billed 10 years later is a HUUUUUGE jump, right?

stochasticism
01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
4th overall billed in 2003 to possibly being the 2nd overall name billed 10 years later is a HUUUUUGE jump, right?

Since they have done nothing of consequence as a band since then, yes.

stuporfly
01-11-2013, 05:00 PM
Five u's huge.

concertgoer
01-11-2013, 05:02 PM
i just meant when compared to europe. most people i know can't even name one song by blur and if they do they know them as that band with the "woo hoo" song.

Fair enough. I think we can all agree that most Americans are dumb though.

Twattycakes
01-12-2013, 12:47 AM
Fair enough. I think we can all agree that most Americans are dumb though.

How many average Americans know ANY Pulp songs? I don't know about you, but I saw a SHIT TON of people at their set. I feel like blur could easily play Pulp's time, or get The Strokes treatment as the jr. headliner.

mrhand
01-12-2013, 01:12 AM
How many average Americans know ANY Pulp songs? I don't know about you, but I saw a SHIT TON of people at their set. I feel like blur could easily play Pulp's time, or get The Strokes treatment as the jr. headliner.

SHIT TON compared to what? Abe Vigoda at noon in the Gobi? By mainstage Coachella standards for that time slot, the attendance at Pulp was sparse, and you can expect the same for Blur if we're punished with their presence.

And you're dreaming if you think Blur could be a jr. headliner. In the last 20 years they were popular in the states for about a month's worth of woohoo. They're barely on the radar with the exception of "hey that's that guy from the Gorillaz who sent 90% of the festival heading for the exits early in 2010."

Why do dipshits have such an impossible time differentiating between UK popular and US popular?

Twattycakes
01-12-2013, 11:07 AM
SHIT TON compared to what? Abe Vigoda at noon in the Gobi? By mainstage Coachella standards for that time slot, the attendance at Pulp was sparse, and you can expect the same for Blur if we're punished with their presence.

And you're dreaming if you think Blur could be a jr. headliner. In the last 20 years they were popular in the states for about a month's worth of woohoo. They're barely on the radar with the exception of "hey that's that guy from the Gorillaz who sent 90% of the festival heading for the exits early in 2010."

Why do dipshits have such an impossible time differentiating between UK popular and US popular?

No need to work yourself up! I was near the front row during Pulp, but looking at photos and videos afterwards, there seemed to be plenty of people at their set. What's your source on their sparse audience? Not that it actually matters... GV knew what they were doing when they booked them for their time slot. Not once have I heard any complaining about their billing before now, nor how it negatively impacted other stages. What makes you think (if Blur where on the poster) that they couldn't sub on the Mainstage on Sunday? ATDI did it, and I'm not checking facts here, but I'm pretty sure they sold less records in the US than blur.

drewskeee
01-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I think you've got it all wrong mrhand... I believe Blur could easily be at the top of the poster, especially if they played say, Friday night and then Deadmau5 (or EDM equivalent) close Main Stage. The fact of the matter is that though Blur might be only known for Song 2 to the general public, they are just as well recognized in music circles as Pulp and Refused and as prolific as The Black Keys (who were all at the top of the poster in 2012). Add that to the fact that it's Damon and his celebrity brings a certain cachet to the band. I could also see a co-headline slot ala The Strokes like alongside YYY's or Phoenix.

Drewski27
01-12-2013, 03:12 PM
I think you've got it all wrong mrhand... I'm believe Blur could easily be at the top of the poster, especially if they played say, Friday night and then Deadmau5 (or EDM equivalent) close Main Stage. The fact of the matter is that though Blur might be only known for Song 2 to the general public, they are just as well recognized in music circles as Pulp and Refused and as prolific as The Black Keys (who were all at the top of the poster in 2012). Add that to the fact that it's Damon and his celebrity brings a certain cachet to the band. I could also see a co-headline slot ala The Strokes like alongside YYY's or Phoenix.

Nice name, asshole. ;)

Niklass
01-12-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm all for Blur being there but they'll get the same treatment as Pulp. If The Strokes couldn't headline I don't see Blur doing it.

Drewski27
01-12-2013, 04:18 PM
pretty much.

drewskeee
01-12-2013, 04:56 PM
I'm all for Blur being there but they'll get the same treatment as Pulp. If The Strokes couldn't headline I don't see Blur doing it.

The Strokes co-headlined (top of the poster, same size font) with Kanye in 2011...

Niklass
01-12-2013, 05:09 PM
The Strokes co-headlined (top of the poster, same size font) with Kanye in 2011...

Yeah but they weren't alone on the headline slot. Blur wouldn't either.

drewskeee
01-12-2013, 05:27 PM
So you wouldn't call Kanye a headliner because he shared the top line? All I'm saying is that you said The Strokes couldn't headline, yet I would argue that the names at the top are both headliners. Thus a feasible slot on Friday night with a good 2nd and 3rd line or a co-headlining spot alongside another pseudo-headliner like QOTSA, Atoms for Peace, YYYs, or Phoenix would not be completely off base.

Drewski27
01-12-2013, 05:35 PM
There will be no headliners this year. all the big name artists will go on in the afternoon.

Niklass
01-12-2013, 05:35 PM
What I meant is that The Strokes felt more like a sub. Kanye was the 'real headliner', at least it felt like it. QOTSA, Atoms for Peace, YYY and Phoenix have a better chance of headlining on their own.

I still want Blur to be there though.

mrhand
01-12-2013, 06:13 PM
I was near the front row during Pulp, but looking at photos and videos afterwards, there seemed to be plenty of people at their set. What's your source on their sparse audience?

My source is walking by halfway through their set and seeing oceans of empty space. I don't know how many Coachellas you've been to and what frame of reference you're using for "plenty of people," but their set was definitely sparse. See Justice in the same time slot on Sunday for what plenty of people actually was.

What makes you think (if Blur where on the poster) that they couldn't sub on the Mainstage on Sunday?

They could sub, largely based on Golden Voice's inexplicable love of third-rate 90s Britpoppers (See Pulp and the embarrassingly bad Gallagher shitfest from last year). I'm not quibbling with that part of your statement. The second half when you claim they could headline is the problem.

I think you've got it all wrong mrhand... I'm believe Blur could easily be at the top of the poster, especially if they played say, Friday night and then Deadmau5 (or EDM equivalent) close Main Stage. The fact of the matter is that though Blur might be only known for Song 2 to the general public, they are just as well recognized in music circles as Pulp and Refused and as prolific as The Black Keys (who were all at the top of the poster in 2012).

Pullp and Refused are fair comparisons. Black Keys are not. Blur is not even the in the same universe as The Black Keys in terms of being "prolific." BK have had steady growth in the last five years, sold out AMERICAN arenas nationwide, and had multiple platinum albums. Blur has had NONE OF THAT in the states. You look like a fucking idiot comparing the two. The BK have been huge here for the last 4-5 years. Blur was never big here and still aren't. There is no comparison.

You make the same retarded mistake dozens of others do in assuming that Blur's popuarity in the UK and Europe translates here. IT DOESN'T. If they toured in the states they'd be playing shitty little 1000-2000 capacity clubs. No one gave a fuck about them in the 90s and even fewer do now. Reality: deal with it.

Whoever plays the later slot is the headliner. Call the earlier act whatever you want (jr headliner, secondary headliner, pity headliner), but they're not a headliner.

Based on Paul T's history of giving shitty Brit bands more status than they actually merit, I'll admit there's a very slim chance Blur is a pity headliner before a much bigger name. I'm putting those odds at about 2% though. Place your bets.

drewskeee
01-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Wow that's sure a lot of hostility for trying to have a rational debate... I will concede the fact that Tollett/GV give UK bands from the 90s a high billing. I'm curious as to what the members of The Strokes would think about being called the Jr, secondary, or pity headliner though...

"Mr. Casablancas, we hear you're playing Coachella this year..."
"Yeah, we're the pity headliner."

To your other point about me being a "fucking idiot", I used the word "prolific" specifically to illustrate the amount of music either band has put out, as that's what "prolific" means and why I didn't call them as "popular" as The Black Keys. I'd recommend a dictionary.

nathanfairchild
01-12-2013, 07:06 PM
My source is walking by halfway through their set and seeing oceans of empty space. I don't know how many Coachellas you've been to and what frame of reference you're using for "plenty of people," but their set was definitely sparse. See Justice in the same time slot on Sunday for what plenty of people actually was.

They could sub, largely based on Golden Voice's inexplicable love of third-rate 90s Britpoppers (See Pulp and the embarrassingly bad Gallagher shitfest from last year). I'm not quibbling with that part of your statement. The second half when you claim they could headline is the problem.

Pullp and Refused are fair comparisons. Black Keys are not. Blur is not even the in the same universe as The Black Keys in terms of being "prolific." BK have had steady growth in the last five years, sold out AMERICAN arenas nationwide, and had multiple platinum albums. Blur has had NONE OF THAT in the states. You look like a fucking idiot comparing the two. The BK have been huge here for the last 4-5 years. Blur was never big here and still aren't. There is no comparison.

You make the same retarded mistake dozens of others do in assuming that Blur's popuarity in the UK and Europe translates here. IT DOESN'T. If they toured in the states they'd be playing shitty little 1000-2000 capacity clubs. No one gave a fuck about them in the 90s and even fewer do now. Reality: deal with it.

Whoever plays the later slot is the headliner. Call the earlier act whatever you want (jr headliner, secondary headliner, pity headliner), but they're not a headliner.

Based on Paul T's history of giving shitty Brit bands more status than they actually merit, I'll admit there's a very slim chance Blur is a pity headliner before a much bigger name. I'm putting those odds at about 2% though. Place your bets.

jesus christ we get it. you hate blur. no one in here thinks that they could headline. find something new to bitch about.

mrhand
01-12-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm curious as to what the members of The Strokes would think about being called the Jr, secondary, or pity headliner though...

I'm not.

I used the word "prolific" specifically to illustrate the amount of music either band has put out, as that's what "prolific" means and why I didn't call them as "popular" as The Black Keys. I'd recommend a dictionary.

Given that the raw volume of music output has no bearing on whether a band can headline, I had assumed you meant it in terms of successful output:

prolific [prəˈlɪfɪk]adj
1. producing fruit, offspring, etc., in abundance
2. producing constant or successful results
3. (often foll by in or of) rich or fruitful

My fault for assuming you understood what factors are relevant to whether a band can headline.

mrhand
01-12-2013, 08:37 PM
no one in here thinks that they could headline.

Clearly:

"I'm believe Blur could easily be at the top of the poster.."

"I feel like blur could easily play Pulp's time, or get The Strokes treatment as the jr. headliner."

The reading. It's essential.

And shut the fuck up. Or go on...

Twattycakes
01-12-2013, 11:26 PM

Sorry for quoting such a long post. Personally, I didn't read the whole thing. But my point remains.

Blur. Could be a "jr."/subheadliner. Deal with it.

Bumblebee
01-13-2013, 01:55 AM
I'd take the BLUR catalog over the Gorillaz catalog in a second. IMO, it has more "hits", despite US chart rankings.

Though I will acknowledge that Gorillaz worked much better as a concept in a live setting, whereas BLUR never seemed hit it out of the park as a live act.

CrimesceneCookie
01-13-2013, 02:10 AM
Where they are on the poster is irrelevant. The only important thing is that they are on the poster.
Looking forward to hearing a bunch of those songs.

Dede' Arneaux
01-13-2013, 05:06 AM
At the height of their 'pomp' over here in '95 Blur played in 8000 seaters. In '99 and 2003 the venues were 1500 - 2000 capacity clubs. I was there, I loved Blur.
At no time in their career could Blur have pulled off what Oasis did at Knebworth in 1996, reportedly selling over 250,000 tickets for 2 consecutive performances.
Blur's big festival appearances including Galstonbury in '09 were billed as the last gigs - hence the sense of occasion.

Headliners at Coachella this year? - dont think so.

stuporfly
01-13-2013, 09:36 AM
No matter where they are on the lineup, they will be brilliant.

wunderbrad55
01-13-2013, 09:54 AM
I'd take the BLUR catalog over the Gorillaz catalog in a second. IMO, it has more "hits", despite US chart rankings.

Though I will acknowledge that Gorillaz worked much better as a concept in a live setting, whereas BLUR never seemed hit it out of the park as a live act.

Tell that to them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouFZd0mkl8

fibes
01-13-2013, 11:16 AM
Where they are on the poster is irrelevant. The only important thing is that they are on the poster.

yea this.. I just want them there. It would be amazing if they were opposite RHCP, even less crowd.

mrhand
01-13-2013, 12:15 PM
It would be amazing if they were opposite RHCP, even less crowd.

Oh god. Washed up and shitty versus washed up and shittier. Tents better be loaded.

concertgoer
01-13-2013, 12:19 PM
We get it you don't like Blur
Now fuck off and die

mrhand
01-13-2013, 02:04 PM
We get it you don't like Blur
Now fuck off and die

Dead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> watching Blur.

Dalen
01-13-2013, 03:14 PM
mrhand has to be one of the dumbest posters in this entire forum.

Boourns
01-13-2013, 03:18 PM
His awfulness makes me miss MotoRave

Drewski27
01-13-2013, 03:59 PM
"I don't like blur. Let me bitch about it over and over again because y'all might forget."

Boourns
01-13-2013, 04:02 PM
Probably an Oasis fan.

mrhand
01-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Probably an Oasis fan.

Dead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> watching Blur>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>watching Oasis>>>>>>>>>>>>watching butthurt Blur fangirls cry like cunts.

And then top it off by seeing douchetwats with thousands and thousands of useless bullshit posts whine about anyone else doing something "over and over again."

Extra crunchy.

Boourns
01-13-2013, 04:34 PM
If being dead is so great, why are you still here?

mrhand
01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
If being dead is so great, why are you still here?

To ref the cock-sucking contest between Blur and your dad. Close call so far.

Boourns
01-13-2013, 05:04 PM
I think Blur will come out ahead in the end, thanks to Alex being so used to the smell of cheese by now, but dad has been known to surprise.

Bumblebee
01-14-2013, 03:50 AM

Tell that to them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mouFZd0mkl8

Interesting that you chose a clip where Damon does less singing that the guest or crowd. I watched the full Hyde Park 2009 DVD this month with a friend and was reminded why I liked the singles 10-15 years ago but skipped the shows in Vancouver(never graduating from the 1,000 seater in 4-5 appearances here). Though the possibility of seeing them in April on the polo fields would be a priority that day.

Whether or not they get 45 minutes, 60 minute or a 75 minute set is irrelevant to you?

far gone and out
01-14-2013, 05:17 AM

really? i thought gorillaz absolutely sucked live. blur gigs were always fun!

i'm really hoping blur do some shows around north america in march/april since they have that mexico date already booked.

Larry Farnsworth
01-14-2013, 05:27 AM
Interesting that you chose a clip where Damon does less singing that the guest or crowd. I watched the full Hyde Park 2009 DVD this month with a friend and was reminded why I liked the singles 10-15 years ago but skipped the shows in Vancouver(never graduating from the 1,000 seater in 4-5 appearances here). Though the possibility of seeing them in April on the polo fields would be a priority that day.

Just to sum up, you realized that you like a few of their songs (but not many), and didn't like them enough to pay 30 bucks to see them locally several years ago. Despite this apathy towards Blur in general, you'd make them a PRIORITY over god knows how many other bands, were they to play Coachella.

You are the fucking worst.

Bumblebee
01-14-2013, 06:53 PM
Just to sum up, you realized that you like a few of their songs (but not many), and didn't like them enough to pay 30 bucks to see them locally several years ago. Despite this apathy towards Blur in general, you'd make them a PRIORITY over god knows how many other bands, were they to play Coachella.

You are the fucking worst.

I'm drawn by the Coxon stuff, so the 2003 tour was out. Would've needed fake ID to get into the late 90's shows since they were 19+ venues.

Those early 90's shows had issues with drinking. One of the Vancouver shows had a venue tech tie their shoes before the show they were too shitfaced to do it themselves.

neverclever
01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I'm drawn by the Coxon stuff, so the 2003 tour was out. Would've needed fake ID to get into the late 90's shows since they were 19+ venues.

Those early 90's shows had issues with drinking. One of the Vancouver shows had a venue tech tie their shoes before the show they were too shitfaced to do it themselves.

There's a chaaaaaaaaance Graham may have a solo spot as well.

stuporfly
01-15-2013, 02:57 PM
I'm dubious, but I'd be totally on board with that.

cuauhtemoc723
01-16-2013, 04:00 PM
this always happens. last year, the best representation of this was gotye's "something that i used to know." it's especially crazy evident when the song is smack in the middle of the set list and over 50% of the crowd leaves after hearing it. i wonder what it must feel like to to the artist seeing over half of the crowd disappear after a song.

i wasn't a die hard pulp fan, but really got into them after they announced their coachella gig - listened to them a shitload. i was 20 feet from the stage during their set was there was no one else i really cared to see at that time, so when the letters began to light up, i actually got teary-eyed - i was overwhelmed with the realization that i was about to see them this close. the people around me that sang ever single word and would react after they started every song made for great company. the immediate radius of people around you during a show affect it so much (especially when you're 5'5" like me).

i imagine that the crowd would be just as big as pulp's crowd was this year, and they're even less known here than blur.
agreed.

amount of hits ≠ headline status; i.e. tool, arcade fire, björk are not radio favorites with multiple "hits." it really depends on your local radio station. being in southern california, mainstream radio rarely plays these aforementioned artists.

what else is new/

really? i thought gorillaz absolutely sucked live. blur gigs were always fun!
opinion. i was one of the people that really enjoyed gorillaz in 2010. again, i'm not a huge fan, but seeing the people go bat-shit crazy when they played feel good inc., (a song i don't particularly care for) was awesome. AND they didn't even play my favorite song during their set, DARE.

neverclever
01-25-2013, 08:51 AM
Don't we all feel silly now? SO EXCITED. Although confused about blur and Stone Roses flip flopping on the poster all the time. True co-headliner?

Larry Farnsworth
01-25-2013, 08:57 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm ecstatic that they're headlining. They were always in my top-5 "must have" acts at Coachella, but the fact that they're headlining means they'll (ostensibly) get the longest amount of time possible to play.

gary312
01-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Is Lou Reed going to play the same time as Blur or The Stone Roses?

Not too sure how it totally works for the 2nd line