PDA

View Full Version : why the hell aint incubus playing?

Brandon
01-23-2007, 08:00 AM
come on incubus! incubus incubus incubus!
but my god! rage are back!!!!!! and chillis! oh my god!!!
im coming from england for this amazing festival!

Alchemy
Because you touch yourself at night

bigc1
they're not good

mozabilly54
01-23-2007, 08:02 AM

because they suck.

sonicdeath
01-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Incubus were set to play the festival but died tragically this weekend in a bus accident. MTVnews was on the scene but chose not to air the piece partly because as they said "they suck. Maybe these bands will stop rapping now." Back to you john.

Verbal138
01-23-2007, 08:03 AM
they're not good

Exactly.

Brandon
01-23-2007, 08:04 AM
true true but most guys doo, and what! are you kiddin me! incubus are the best band in the world!
they truly are musical geniuses,

Tylerdurden31
01-23-2007, 08:05 AM
Incubus were set to play the festival but died tragically this weekend in a bus accident. MTVnews was on the scene but chose not to air the piece partly because as they said "they suck. Maybe these bands will stop rapping now." Back to you john.

I'm gonna come to Incubus' defense, if only because prior to A Crow Left of the Murder, they didn't suck. They never were a rap-metal or nu-metal band. People lump them in with Limp Bizshit and what not because MTV did. Stop it.

That being said...Incubus doesn't belong at coachella.

Alchemy
01-23-2007, 08:05 AM
No Brandon. I saw them at Lollapalooza once, and they were not very genius.

Brandon
01-23-2007, 08:10 AM
ok ok ok opinion it is, but yes a crow left of the murder was a bit suckish i see that but this new album is brilliant, but anyway alchemy what was lollapalooza like? i really want to gooo!!!!

Tylerdurden31
01-23-2007, 08:11 AM
ok ok ok opinion it is, but yes a crow left of the murder was a bit suckish i see that but this new album is brilliant, but anyway alchemy what was lollapalooza like? i really want to gooo!!!!

no...you're wrong...Light Grenades is also terrible

indiekid89
01-23-2007, 08:11 AM
I know, Incubus shold play. The new cd is great. Come on GV get Incubus.

Alchemy
01-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Well I went when it was a tour, so I imagine it is very different now since it is a festival... But it was fun, I had a good time.

Brandon
01-23-2007, 08:15 AM
oh right i see sounds coool to me,

Jesse1896
01-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Dont know why but im glad

ayates
01-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Incubus has not put out a decent album since S.C.I.E.N.C.E. circa 1997. If they played every song from that album, yes, I would check them out.

PotVsKtl
01-23-2007, 09:03 AM
I think we should do whatever indiekid89 says.

ikedajd
01-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Ugh...stop with this...Incubus would suck for Coachella...RHCP is really bad as it is...Just think of all the annoying middle schoolers that'd show up...not to mention add another $100 to ticket prices cause god forbid those guys (and groups like them) play for music's sake alone...

brenda
01-23-2007, 11:09 AM
i was thinking the same thing!
INCUBUS !!!!!! they wouldnt suck their new stuff is sickkk
theres still time for them to be added!

DeltaSigChi4
02-01-2007, 09:30 PM
INCUBUS SHOULD BE ADDED!!!!1

E

kreutz2112
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM

He encores at night. HHAAAHH

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1923

John Peel is My Co-pilot
02-01-2007, 09:46 PM
true true but most guys doo, and what! are you kiddin me! incubus are the best band in the world!

errr...your last name wouldn't be Boyd, would it?

insolitussomnium
02-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Lol whoever said they saw Incubus at Lolla has no input here..lolla 03 sucked. Everything about it. From drunken Perry Farrel to the Distillers. Incubus without their previous bassist Dirk is bullshit Incubus. Whoever said that Incubus hasn't put out a good album since SCIENCE, the cutoff point is more along Morning View. They lost their edge when they lost Dirk Lance.

Their new shit, however, should be destroyed before being purchased in the store.

SometimesNJ
02-01-2007, 10:03 PM
i saw them about 4 or 5 years ago..and they were awesome. but back then they still played tracks off of science..i'm sure they'd suck now.

mvanwinkle
02-01-2007, 10:10 PM
perhaps its beecause they are horrible? i never understood that fad. which i thought already passed.

smellslikevagina
02-01-2007, 10:14 PM

YES!

SojuGorae
02-01-2007, 10:39 PM
They're playing at the Wiltern in L.A. about a week from now.

I'll be expecting to see lines of 25 year old females when I drive through Wilshire that day.

Alejo
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Dont get me wrong I love RATM
It just suck, that them playing at coachella is bringing all these people to the messageboard asking for lame-ass bands such as Incubus, SOAD etc. Is the same people making threads about how Bjork sucks or Coachella needs more metal. So for all you people.. Coachella is just fine the way it is.. this festival is about diversity... go it?.. D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y...

celisnet
02-01-2007, 10:53 PM
Never a big fan especially their latest albums

AEversW
02-01-2007, 10:55 PM
Incubus has not put out a decent album since S.C.I.E.N.C.E. circa 1997. If they played every song from that album, yes, I would check them out.

same here...S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is a great album. its the only album by them i still have on my ipod.

dudeness
02-02-2007, 12:01 AM
I don't know what you guys are thinking.... although I do sometimes think that just like RHCP, Incubus might be a band I might not want to see at this point in their career. I love fungus among us and S.C.I.E.N.C.E, but I doubt I would hear the songs I would want to hear like their funky songs like (you will be a hot dancer) and I hate to say it but I have a feeling I am going to see a set from the RHCP like their DVD live at Slane Castle. All the slow pop songs and add some of their new not so great RHCP tunes......

woogie846
02-02-2007, 05:34 AM

I'll be expecting to see lines of 25 year old females when I drive through Wilshire that day.

Or 8th grade boys.

cash87
02-02-2007, 06:34 AM
I don't know what you guys are thinking.... although I do sometimes think that just like RHCP, Incubus might be a band I might not want to see at this point in their career. I love fungus among us and S.C.I.E.N.C.E, but I doubt I would hear the songs I would want to hear like their funky songs like (you will be a hot dancer) and I hate to say it but I have a feeling I am going to see a set from the RHCP like their DVD live at Slane Castle. All the slow pop songs and add some of their new not so great RHCP tunes......

Very true I love S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and I heard they have been playing some songs from that album but remixed into crappy slow ballads that completely destroy classics but oh well it all went downhill when Dirk left.
As for the chili peppers, being a long time fan I decided to see them live about 2 weeks ago hoping they wouldnt play a set just like off of their dvd but to my surprise they actually played some old songs like higher ground(which was my favorite) and bssm off of bssm which really blew my mind that they played that, and for the encore they played soul to squeeze instead of under the bridge so the concert was actually pretty decent.

Alchemy
02-02-2007, 06:37 AM
Lol whoever said they saw Incubus at Lolla has no input here..lolla 03 sucked. Everything about it. From drunken Perry Farrel to the Distillers. Incubus without their previous bassist Dirk is bullshit Incubus. Whoever said that Incubus hasn't put out a good album since SCIENCE, the cutoff point is more along Morning View. They lost their edge when they lost Dirk Lance.

Their new shit, however, should be destroyed before being purchased in the store.

My whole point of mentioning Incubus at Lollapalooza was saying that they sucked, you douche.

BriAnne
02-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Dont get me wrong I love RATM
It just suck, that them playing at coachella is bringing all these people to the messageboard asking for lame-ass bands such as Incubus, SOAD etc. Is the same people making threads about how Bjork sucks or Coachella needs more metal. So for all you people.. Coachella is just fine the way it is.. this festival is about diversity... go it?.. D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y...

You just contradicted yourself man. If this festival is about diversity, why wouldnt Incubus fit the bill? I can understand people not liking their style, but they DO NOT SUCK. Keep your dick opinions to yourselves.

elChurro
02-02-2007, 07:32 AM

welcome to california, now go home... and take incubus with you.

jenni4
02-02-2007, 09:40 AM
awwwe, i hate that people are hating on incubus and chili peppers. i love all kinds of music and would be pretty stoked to see incubus at coachella...but they just aren't a coachella type band. so this is not going to happen. although, i am seeing them in LA next Sunday, and that should be pretty rad.

mob roulette
02-02-2007, 09:59 AM

i love you brandon, more than life itself. at first i thought you were just an unfunny alias but then i realized you were dead serious. i wasn't sure if i could trust my feelings at first, but when something's right, something's right. you just gotta go for it. you just gotta share what's in your heart. brandon, the way you feel about incubus is honest and beautiful and true. your enthusiam for such a crap, third-tier, cookie cutter band is the reason i fell in love with music in the first place. and maybe incubus really IS great (they're not, brandon) or maybe they completely suck (a show of hands?), but it doesn't matter. all that matters is that YOU like them, brandon. all that is matters is that YOU believe. keep the dream alive. please. you brighten my spirits, brandon, and you give me hope for the entire planet every single time you post. keep it up tiger. i mean that. god bless you brother.

listen to lou reed, brandon. maybe some coltrane. vote gorilla. thank you.

C DUB YA
02-02-2007, 10:05 AM
They are not a Cocahella type band because: Incubus sucks monkey balls

DeltaSigChi4
02-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Yes, sure Incubus sucks balls ... yet there is Jack's Mannequin playing (do you rate them better than Incubus) ... and then there is Red Hot Chilipeppers (rate them higher as well??) ... point being, a lot of you are acting like real elitist cunts. If you can have Jack's Mannequin in your precious festival without causing you to kill yourselves, what the fuck difference does it make if Incubus plays as well. Just don't fucking watch. Go wack off in a porta-potty to a Bjork picture. Stupid fucks.

E

SojuGorae
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
Yes, sure Incubus sucks balls ... yet there is Jack's Mannequin playing (do you rate them better than Incubus) ... and then there is Red Hot Chilipeppers (rate them higher as well??) ... point being, a lot of you are acting like real elitist cunts. If you can have Jack's Mannequin in your precious festival without causing you to kill yourselves, what the fuck difference does it make if Incubus plays as well. Just don't fucking watch. Go wack off in a porta-potty to a Bjork picture. Stupid fucks.

E

http://www.nikonclub.com.au/lightreading/profile/tonymott/images/bjork.jpeg

Wack off to that? No thanks.

DeltaSigChi4
02-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Touche'.

E

brycerosen
02-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Ill admit I do not like their last 2 albums but they would put on an awesome show. All you haters are trashin the wrong band they are great musicians with a very apealing unique sound wether you like them or not is up to you

hotnikkels
02-02-2007, 01:34 PM

Drive right through the line...it would make the world better.

cityzun
02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
http://www.nikonclub.com.au/lightreading/profile/tonymott/images/bjork.jpeg

Wack off to that? No thanks.

Well played sir. Well played.

i_like_cake530
02-03-2007, 02:09 PM

dude are u serious, they might have 2 good songs

captain radero
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
funny how everyone talks about the diversity of the festival yet hates just about every band anyone wants to see or complains about the bands that have been put on the festival. who the fuck cares if incubus is added or not, if you dont like them dont fucking watch them. your all so indie and underground you shouldnt (or wouldnt) really care if incubus is playing or if the chilli peppers are playing because you know a rad band that you do care about is playing less that 100 yards away. who says that the chilli peppers are not a "coachella" band? i watched them a few years ago along with 80,000 of you. im not really into incubus, im just tired of everyone thinking they rule all that is music or art....

jerpar24
02-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Incubus would be cool the new album is good. A crow left to the watever sucked big dick. I seen RHCP last year and they Blew my mind away. 2nd best concert I have ever been seen.

McFearless
02-11-2007, 01:05 AM
What the hell. Dirk was an amazing bassist I am not denying that. However, I see nothing wrong with the approach Incubus has made with the addition of Ben. The dude was in The ROOTS for fuck sake. Honestly, some of the best songs I have heard from Incubus in the past 5 years are on this new record. For anyone to blame any downfall in thier musicanship on Ben, on the fucking bassist, is bullshit.

Personally, I thought the Roots stuff went slightly down hill after Ben left. Could it be coincidence?

Ben also adds backing vocals. And that dude can saaannng.

Their live show.... It has gone down a bit. But come on no band is going to be like they were the first time you saw them. I think sometimes they even get tired of playing some of their older stuff.

The fact that they can mix up the set list so well every night I think makes them unique. Too many bands play the same shit in the same order every night. they reworked Redefine and New Skin into acoustic versions that were just as hard as the album versions.

Honestly, I do beleive that these are some of the best musicians of their age and genre we have around. No one survived that NuMetal shit or whatever the fuck. Incubus got lumped into it and thank god they fucking are not considered that anymore. They never were that.

Mike is one of the best guitarists out today. Period.

People simply dismiss them because little girls like the lead singer.

Side note sorta: Dig is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in a while.

hamsterpants
02-11-2007, 01:58 AM
i saw them about 4 or 5 years ago..and they were awesome. but back then they still played tracks off of science..i'm sure they'd suck now.

when and where did you see them? i saw them 7 years ago and it was all make yourself tracks. i never heard anything off science live. you're very lucky.

but anyways...
theyre terrible now. definitely not for coachella. i think it would be almost like a madonna-in-the-dance-tent move. bleh.

grossdale
02-11-2007, 07:16 AM
Incubus is a perfect add in my mind. I know there are a people here that might not want to see it happen. Not me, Incubus is popular for reason. They are good!!

boarderwoozel3
03-14-2007, 08:08 PM

E

Keeping it real. Your best post to date.

kingdumb
03-14-2007, 10:30 PM
.....someone needs to lay off the KROQ!!!

kennycarly
03-15-2007, 03:18 AM
Fair enough that not all bands fit at Coachella.
Incubus however are a band that I thought could go either way.
As for them sucking, I'd imagine (not certain) your point of view has been swayed by them falling under the pop/nu-metal bullshit umbrella!
They are a great band, they may not be indie enough but like some one on here said (I can't be bothered scrolling) Coachella is about diversity.
A crow left of the murder and Light grenades aren't as good as some of their earlier work but it's pretty consistent with the poor quality of most rock music in the last few years, giving way to a greater appreciation of Hip hop.
Still these albums, that are their worst kick the hell out of a lot of releases since!
As for RHCP being on the line up, I'd be happy if they broke up, if Incubus could take their slot.

There are a lot of immature self righteous opinions on this board.
The cynicism is outrageous! For people plugging open mindedness you're very quick to tell people how shit they are. I get that idiots are just plain annoying but who died and made you 'psychic friend'?

kennycarly
03-15-2007, 03:19 AM

E

I give this post a 10! A fuckin' 10!

Just for dropping the C Bomb!

Never mind that you made a fair dinkum point!

apachedino
03-15-2007, 06:29 AM
same here...S.C.I.E.N.C.E. is a great album. its the only album by them i still have on my ipod.

That is their best album (Certain Shade of Green, New Skin, Redefine), but I also like Fungus Amongus and most of make yourself. I never wisht o see them live again because their shows are not the same anymore, I was straight pissed off the last time I saw them live. The first two time I saw them open for System of a down about 8-9 years ago and it was amazing, that was before make yourself even came out. Then I saw them open for 311 also amazing, then they played their own tour also very good. However once they toured for Morning View I lost interest in ever seeing them live again. They only played one pre-Morning View song (Certain Shade of Green). I also saw them at Lollapalooza and it was fun, but mostly because it rained and they cancelled the show but let us back in a half hour later after I got drunk in the parking lot and was stoked to be back. Now it is different, theyu still WERE great at their peak, but you can say that about alot of bands.

Deviate_420
11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
INCUBUS!!!!!!!!!

suprefan
11-17-2007, 08:55 PM
This is a whack bump. you got the hots for Brandon Boyd, thats why you did it!

Incubus would be cool the new album is good. A crow left to the watever sucked big dick. I seen RHCP last year and they Blew my mind away. 2nd best concert I have ever been seen.

Thats because it was the second concert you ever went to in your life.

garrett222
11-17-2007, 09:13 PM
I liked morning view and the second to last cd

justinwilson1987
12-21-2007, 02:31 AM
all you incubus haters...

(yes i'm a lurker btw, i'm new to this shit)

sadly, i must agree with you.. Incubus, infact, does suck the big one now. dig is a pretty heartfelt song off of their new album though. I still love S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and Fungus Amongus, 2 albums that are some of my favorite, not just of Incubus, but of any band. After that it was "PAAHHWWwwoOOo", down the crap chute.

so in response to the thread, Incubus would be good at coachella if they had just released S.C.I.E.N.C.E. and were at that point in there careers. But now, I think they'd get boo'd.

brando4n82
12-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Incubus's first 3 albums were stellar, pun intended.

They do not belong at Coachella though, well actually i could give a rats ass if they showed up or not, id catch a few of their songs.

Somewhat Damaged
12-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Uh, what was the pun exactly?

McFearless
12-21-2007, 11:34 PM
They had a song called stellar. It was their first single I think.

Incubus @ Coachella 2008

brando4n82
12-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Pardon Me was actually their first single off that album, i think they had prior ones from previosu albums though..I remember when that song was on Fire, yo. (another pun intended)

drugks Gillespie
12-22-2007, 10:51 AM
no. fuck no. warp tour for them cause they suck and would never have gotten so big without mainstream radio. I bet most of them are decent people but they lack talent.

ruetheday
12-22-2007, 12:13 PM
Incubus fucking blows that's why they aren't playing.

brando4n82
12-23-2007, 05:35 AM
no. fuck no. warp tour for them cause they suck and would never have gotten so big without mainstream radio. I bet most of them are decent people but they lack talent.

they definitely have the talent my friend. and would have gotten big with or without MTV's help, although MTV did in fact help.

point is: good band, not really Coachella material...actually what am I saying?
they could easily fill a slot on the mainstage, nothing past 5 or 6 though.

drugks Gillespie
12-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Incubus has got to be one of my most boring missable concerts in memory.

paulb
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
I saw Incubus 3 times this year, all diff settings. Saw them in a small theater early in the year and they were really awesome. Then I saw them at a festival in germany, and it was a pretty shitty set, then in Irvine in September and it was fairly decent.

So, id say, hit or miss.

Girl On The Wing
01-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Half of what Incubus makes just sounds like noise, not the good kind... awkward monotonous shouting...

I saw their concert, and they DID have their "genius" moments, but the rest of the time I was bored out my skull, which hardly happens to me at huge concerts like that.

bludevil007
01-12-2008, 07:02 PM
their new stuff is not terrible, but not good - definitely still catchy tho. SCIENCE (which borrows heavily from primus), Make Yourself and Morning View are great albums - sure morning view has a couple cheesy moments, but you have to admit they are at least technically talented musicians. Great, unorthodox drummer. Their old bassist was about 20x better than the guy from the guy they have now who used to play with the roots, but this guy isnt bad. their lead singer has a great voice, and their guitarist is good and has moments of brilliance. I wont vouch for any album after morning view - the new stuff is just cheesy pop. i've seen incubus 3 times, and the first was the best. It was right when make yourself came out, and they played the Ritz in raleigh - place probably held about 200 people. They had about 30 different instruments on stage and even ended the set with some song involving a digiridoo. yes, a digiridoo. any band that incorporates the digiridoo deserves a little props.

speaking of Primus, now THAT is a great add.

boyalien0
01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Fuck Incubus. But seriously, GV, where's the Primus love?

microlovebeat
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM
i've seen incubus 3 times now and i've been disappointed the past 2.

whatever they had live, they've lost it.

bliss209
01-12-2008, 07:42 PM

that's what im sayin' man!!!!
http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2816&page=4

rage patton
01-13-2008, 12:11 AM

Now we're talkin.

RedThom
01-16-2008, 09:06 PM
happy birthday lame incubus thread.

robotrock1382
01-16-2008, 11:39 PM
maybe bc they havent made a good album in ages??? although that would also discount depeche mode and rhcp

rAnimatorX2
01-17-2008, 08:25 AM
Seen them live before and they have NOOOO energy. Might as well have been listening to the CD.

Keep Incubus the fuck out of Coachella.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-17-2008, 08:30 AM
I loved incubus at the late 90's. They rocked. saw them last year at VFest and they sucked. Out of 12 songs they played, only 2 where from old albums, the rest from the newest 2 and those blow. i was really disappointed.

It'sTheWhiskeyTalking
01-17-2008, 11:14 AM
I loved incubus at the late 90's. They rocked. saw them last year at VFest and they sucked. Out of 12 songs they played, only 2 where from old albums, the rest from the newest 2 and those blow. i was really disappointed.

I've only seen them once and it was 3 or 4 years ago at MSG -- they were great live, though from what everyone is saying here, they now suck. Oh well.

Rod Barajas
01-17-2008, 01:09 PM
They play too much new shit and too little from their hits. i hate when bands do that!

bliss209
01-18-2008, 01:44 PM
maybe bc they havent made a good album in ages??? although that would also discount depeche mode and rhcp

RHCP have not made a good album in ages???? WTF????
and how many good albums have YOU put out recently?????

suprefan
01-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Not happening, get over it.... It couldve happend like when Morning View was released, but not now. Hate to burst your bubble.

Nice avatar, Im sure you stare at that endlessley huh

woogie846
01-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Incubus is not Coachella-y enough to play.

nothingisnothing
01-19-2008, 01:41 AM
Half of what Incubus makes just sounds like noise, not the good kind... awkward monotonous shouting...

I saw their concert, and they DID have their "genius" moments, but the rest of the time I was bored out my skull, which hardly happens to me at huge concerts like that.

What kind of fucked up version of Incubus are you listening to?

Oh. And by the way. Incubus is actually a really good band who actually has talent. But most of these people here are too pretentious to ever admit something like that.

brando4n82
01-19-2008, 07:17 AM

definitely not coachella-y

brando4n82
01-19-2008, 07:18 AM
What kind of fucked up version of Incubus are you listening to?

Oh. And by the way. Incubus is actually a really good band who actually has talent. But most of these people here are too pretentious to ever admit something like that.

you make a good point. there are tons of pretentious assholes on this board. but, Incubus really hasnt put there talent to use since Make Yourself...although i love the song Aqueous Transmission off Morning View

suprefan
01-19-2008, 07:51 AM

They were about 6 years ago. Not now..

GET OVER IT KIDS

brando4n82
01-19-2008, 08:00 AM
hopefully we can get this thread over a 100 pages.. we just have to keep at it... INCUBUS FOR '09!

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-19-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.paniko.cl/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/incubus.jpg

afrank
01-19-2008, 08:12 AM
incubus has been awful for the better part of this decade. i actually thought they had some decent songs in the beginning, but as it went on they just got weirder and shittier. no incubus at coachella plz

Boourns
01-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Incubus fucking sucks.

sbessiso
01-19-2008, 08:27 AM
yeah, you know, someone told me the other day that Brandon is bisexual, i didnt believe it (it would make me very happy if he was), what say you coachella board?

brando4n82
01-19-2008, 08:28 AM
http://www.paniko.cl/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/incubus.jpg

Id say judging by his reaction in this picture. yeah. hes bi