PDA

View Full Version : Lake Eldorado 2013 refresh your cache

ummnosir
05-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Can this be true?

Lake Eldorado Teepee (2 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location, a kick ass tee pee style tent with air conditioning, private restrooms & showers, free private parking lot for 1 car, drop off area, breakfast and late night snacks, added security, outdoor chairs, shade tents + outdoor lighting & more. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes.
$2000 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

BROKENDOLL
05-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Can this be true?

Lake Eldorado Teepee (2 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location, a kick ass tee pee style tent with air conditioning, private restrooms & showers, free private parking lot for 1 car, drop off area, breakfast and late night snacks, added security, outdoor chairs, shade tents + outdoor lighting & more. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes.
I know it's hard to believe now, what, with all the hot air blowing across the board right now...

Stickjohn
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Think the Safari Tents have always had air conditioning.

ENluv12
05-14-2012, 10:54 AM
^ that is what I was thinking.

ods..
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Safari tents always had air conditioning and the El Dorado have never (to my knowledge).

Deal-maker for sure... Air conditioned tents would make the price so worth it.

microcuts
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes Stickjohn they have. This isn't about Safari tents though.

Stickjohn
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
ha ha it is NOW.

Sexecutioner
05-15-2012, 09:15 PM
Does anybody have pictures of the Lake Eldorado tents? I'm considering this option for next year...

microcuts
05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I'll see if I thought to take pics of anything, but I will say the tiny pic on Coachella.com is misleading - the tents have no floor and the grass was not the best... It was Weekend 2 though, so it was likely nicer the first weekend. Cots also weren't very comfortable, but manageable. Space-wise it was great. The tepees looked pretty small, but all the tents were rather spacious and all the same size (and meant for 4 people), probably why they're doing away with the 2-person tent option next year.

ods..
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM
The teepees were huge for 2 people. I agree they really should have a tarp flooring, the dusty/dead grass sucked and got over everything.

Showers/privacy/quiet were all amazing though.

microcuts
05-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Oh cool, it was hard to tell from the outside what the tepees were like. Showers were great.. I was initially mortified to see the SINGLE shower trailer, but the entire el dorado site seemed to be rather heavily undersold. I think my longest wait for a shower was around 10 or 15 minutes.

I didn't snap any pics of the tents unfortunately. They were spacious and tall though. And the sides could be partially disconnected for better airflow, too. That really didn't prevent them from becoming death ovens as early as 7:30am though. Just plan on getting up early or finding shade elsewhere to lay down in. Overall the experience there was pleasurable and I'm definitely doing it again for '13.

Sexecutioner
05-15-2012, 10:03 PM
when it says "private restrooms and showers", does that mean each tent has its own, or the eldorado area has it's own private shitters, but you share with the rest of the eldorado campers? and are they porta potties? or nicer trailers?

Sexecutioner
05-15-2012, 10:05 PM
thanks for all the info so far!

And the sides could be partially disconnected for better airflow, too. That really didn't prevent them from becoming death ovens as early as 7:30am though. Just plan on getting up early or finding shade elsewhere to lay down in. Overall the experience there was pleasurable and I'm definitely doing it again for '13.

so do you think now that they have AC will the sides of the tent be different so you can seal in the cold air?

ods..
05-15-2012, 10:08 PM
They don't have AC, typo on the initial pre-sale info. (PF said this Monday)

microcuts
05-15-2012, 10:13 PM
when it says "private restrooms and showers", does that mean each tent has its own, or the eldorado area has it's own private shitters, but you share with the rest of the eldorado campers? and are they porta potties? or nicer trailers?

Private insofar as just private from the rest of tent/car camping. There were porta potties by the entrance/exit, as well as some by the showers and sinks (at the other end of the lake). Also indoor restroom trailer for both sexes with flushable toilets, which apparently had A/C. I never bothered to check it out but was told it was nice.

*edit - yeah, BIG typo re: A/C... Dani had edited my thread title in the Questions forum but must have missed this one. Only the $6,500 for 2/ +$1,500 for each additional person Safari Tents will have the fabled A/C, beds, and complimentary breakfast...

SepaGroove
05-15-2012, 10:34 PM
This sounds awesome. Unfortunately it's out of my price range.

Sexecutioner
05-15-2012, 10:46 PM
damn, that IS a big typo. i was thinkin that sounded great, but no AC pretty much kills it for me.

psychic friend
05-15-2012, 10:49 PM
text is correct live on the internet, update your cache. there are also new Q/A and other useful info.

microcuts
05-15-2012, 11:04 PM
Thanks, Dani!

I think El Dorado Teepees still have a minor typo though, it is described as a 10x13 tent which is the same dimensions as the 4-person tents.

psychic friend
05-15-2012, 11:07 PM
should it say some form of pi because its round?

ods..
05-15-2012, 11:10 PM
should it say some form of pi because its round?

And we'd have to calculate the final area ourselves? What the fuck are we paying 3 grand for if I have to multiply things by pi.

ods..
05-15-2012, 11:11 PM
That's it. Goodbye Coachella. This, in addition to the 29 dollar up in ticket prices? Never again. Fuck you GV

microcuts
05-15-2012, 11:12 PM
yummmm pie

microcuts
05-15-2012, 11:13 PM
I think Dani just confirmed Kate Bush since she has a song called Pi. You heard it here first.

travelfan
05-16-2012, 07:43 AM
We've done El Dorado twice now and are going to do it again come tomorrow morning. This year you had one shower trailer per gender (2011 was one trailer split in half), which meant the only time I waited for a shower was the time when the guy in the front of the line didn't realize there were five stalls open. The toilets are a mix of a ton of portapotties, and one air conditioned trailer per gender which had like two stalls and two urinals or something. Plenty of charging stations.

The four person tents are big. Cots are kind of "meh", but whatever. Teepees next to the lake with the mountain in the back is a gorgeous backdrop for daytime. The thing I like about El Dorado is that it is just enough luxury to make it a substantial step above car camping, but is still "rough" enough that it feels like Coachella (unlike, I'm sure, the Safari tents). People are almost exclusively mid 20s, and very friendly. Lots of hanging out during the day. Tons of international groups.

It costs about as much as a hotel, which is admittedly more luxurious, but at the end of the day the hotel isn't seven minutes from the Coachella entrance. To me it is the perfect mix of ambiance, location, and comfort.

Stickjohn
05-16-2012, 08:04 AM
Do El Dorado campers bring shade canopies, or is there a central shady area?

psychic friend
05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
was that guy kidding? it was a pie joke. i will find out the circumference. sheesh. who doesnt love pi jokes?

Sexecutioner
05-16-2012, 08:21 AM
i love pi jokes.

and pi in general really.

travelfan
05-16-2012, 08:24 AM

There isn't really a central shady area, but in our "alley" of maybe 40-50 tents, I only remember a handful of shape canopies (two from one group, and one from another). But you can bet they made the most friends. We just sat out in the sun. Then again, this was Weekend 1, I remember in 2011 we resolved to bring a shade canopy the next year.

psychic friend
05-16-2012, 10:03 AM
ok i got the updated info. spots are bigger! and i got the circumference for the tee pees

Lake Eldorado Tent (4 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" 12x14 foot safari-styled tent equipped with 4 cots, 4 sleeping bags and 4 Pillows. 18 + over only. Includes free overnight parking for 1 car. Includes 4 GA festival passes.
$3400 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

Lake Eldorado Tent VIP (4 person) Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" 12x14 foot safari-styled tent equipped with 4 cots, 4 sleeping bags and 4 pillows. 18 + over only. Includes free overnight parking for 1 car. Includes 4 VIP festival passes.
$5200 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

*Lake Eldorado Teepee (2 person)
Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" kick ass tee pee style tent with a 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 GA festival passes.

*Lake Eldorado Teepee VIP (2 person)
Secluded onsite camping area includes separate check-in location. Spots include a fully pitched and "ready to go" kick ass tee pee style tent with a 16 foot diameter equipped with 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags and 2 pillows. Price INCLUDES 2 VIP festival passes.
$2900 (+ additional charge for international shipping)

DOUBLE CHECK ONE LAST TIME DURING THE PURCHASE PROCESS ON FRONT GATE

SepaGroove
05-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Damn't I was literally figuring out ways to afford the $2000 for the teepee because I though it had all of the amenities that were listed earlier. This is a huge bummer, looks like I'm keeping my hotel reservations.

You fail GV :nono

captncrzy
05-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Dani told everyone Monday that the information was wrong in several threads.

SepaGroove
05-16-2012, 10:10 AM
Just read through this thread more and realized that, thanks.

amyzzz
05-16-2012, 10:35 AM
18 and over keeps me (and my kids) out. :)

microcuts
05-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Yay for a bigger tent. I still want pie.

travelfan
05-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Yay for a bigger tent. I still want pie.

Spicy is just a minute's walk away.

missxtal
05-17-2012, 01:04 PM
I know this has been discussed but I am still a bit confused. Does lake El DOrado have AC? Do the tee-pees have AC? I ask cause last Coachella I got really bad heat exhaustion no matter what I did. It was basically impossable for me to enjoy my expierience to the fullest do to this.

travelfan
05-17-2012, 01:05 PM
I know this has been discussed but I am still a bit confused. Does lake El DOrado have AC? Do the tee-pees have AC? I ask cause last Coachella I got really bad heat exhaustion no matter what I did. It was basically impossable for me to enjoy my expierience to the fullest do to this.

No.

ods..
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
i was kidding fwiw. but those teepees are huge, and i want one

bizzwriter
05-17-2012, 01:27 PM

The tents are too big to put a canopy over -- some El Dorado campers brought canopies and put them in FRONT of their tents. A LOT of Weekend 1 campers lost their canopies in the big windstorm we had on Friday -- the dumpsters were full of broken canopies.

bizzwriter
05-17-2012, 01:28 PM
18 and over keeps me (and my kids) out. :)

Under 18 is ok in Eldorado with a legal guardian. I brought my 14-year-old this year and NO PROB.

Stickjohn
05-17-2012, 01:45 PM
It might just be a quirk, but the 2013 rules say +18 for tents in El Dorado but not for the teepees. I don't see any mention of an age restriction in the 2012 info.

Apparently your son ruined it for everyone and now kids will be restricted to giant kick-ass teepees.

rivetbutt
05-20-2012, 04:46 PM
2005 - Mofongo, 2011 - RV at Shadow Hills, 2013 - LAKE ELDORAAAAADO TEEPEE with my fiancee.. Can't wait. I do wish there were some better pics of the area though.

malcolmjama1awesome
05-20-2012, 04:56 PM
TLDR

i am way too busy raving my dick off to get involved in this thread

EllaL
10-03-2012, 01:49 AM
can anyone remember how long it took for the 4 person tents to sell out this year? i have a 2 person tepee booked for 2013 but i want to upgrade it to a 4 person and apparently i have to wait till it goes on sale again. I dont want it to sell out in 1 minute and miss out

microcuts
10-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Pretty sure they never sold out.

EllaL
10-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Pretty sure they never sold out.

Seriously? wow.

theStank
10-04-2012, 06:42 AM
Stayed there in 2011..... it was tits! Everyone was nice and chill, except the angry lookin coiled up turd we found by our tent one morning. It was steaming mad........ looked like it was about to strike at any second. Eldorado is very convenient and security was good enough to keep our shit tight but bad enough for us to find some medicine and bring back some floozies!! I got mine for 2013 already!!! Later