PDA

View Full Version : mixture.fm

kreutz2112
05-10-2012, 10:58 PM
So this is a shameless plug, but my brother developed a website called mixture.fm. It's a site that consolidates and allows you to stream dj mixes (right now there is only FACT and Essential mixes out there, but it's still in the beta phase and I'm pretty sure he is going to add more). You can also search and share mixes on Facebook and twitter. Will you guys check it out and maybe give some feedback? Like what other mix series would be worth putting out there, site design and navigation issues, etc. plur, bitches.

mixture.fm

lt.roast.a.botch
05-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Just purely on the front end. I like the simple design to it. Also like the categorization by years. Needs subgenre tags for easier discovery. Tracklists would also be helpful. Not really necessary but Artist profiles could be something to add in the future to see other mixes by that same artist and some history behind the artist [link to wiki even]. Overall good stuff.

MR.NOVEMBER
05-10-2012, 11:21 PM
fantastic. kudos to your brother kreutz. hope he maintains it.

Natelevmofuggaz
05-11-2012, 09:15 AM
This is a fucking awesome idea. You guys should definitely try and get the entire RA podcast archive on there. That would be beautiful. I would also say the electronic explorations podcasts as well as xlr8r podcasts. Also clr podcasts: http://www.clr.net/media.pl

Hope this turns into something! Pat your brother on the back for me.

Natelevmofuggaz
05-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Also it would be sweet if we could download them...

TomAz
05-11-2012, 10:53 AM
So this is a shameless plug, but my brother developed a website called mixture.fm.

was that his thread that got deleted yesterday? lol

kreutz2112
05-11-2012, 12:49 PM
Yes it was.

boarderwoozel3
05-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Some more podcast series worth looking into:
Boiler Room
FACT
Techno Live Sets (TLS)

Natelevmofuggaz
05-11-2012, 05:33 PM
It would also be really cool if you could provide a tracklist for every mix possible. (Yes I know that is difficult but that's why you'd get paid the big bux ^_^ )

edektor
05-12-2012, 03:25 AM
Just purely on the front end. I like the simple design to it. Also like the categorization by years. Needs subgenre tags for easier discovery. Tracklists would also be helpful. Not really necessary but Artist profiles could be something to add in the future to see other mixes by that same artist and some history behind the artist [link to wiki even]. Overall good stuff.

Genres and Tracklistings are definitely something I want to get in there. I think a little history about the artist(s) your listening to would make the experience better too. Thanks for the feedback!

This is a fucking awesome idea. You guys should definitely try and get the entire RA podcast archive on there. That would be beautiful. I would also say the electronic explorations podcasts as well as xlr8r podcasts. Also clr podcasts: http://www.clr.net/media.pl

RA and XLR8R are in the works ;)

was that his thread that got deleted yesterday? lol

Yeah that was me haha. I got banned quick! (for life)

Boiler Room
FACT
Techno Live Sets (TLS)

Boiler Room and the rest of FACT are coming. Tracklists are also something we really want to do. It's a big task though.

boarderwoozel3
05-13-2012, 11:58 PM
I really really really dig this idea, btw.