PDA

View Full Version : It's Fucking Raining MCA????

schoolofruckus
05-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Today fucking ruined.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/04/beastie-boys-adam-yauch-dead/

thelastgreatman
05-04-2012, 10:06 AM
ALREADY COVERED, GABE.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss...

http://www.therealstevegray.com/wp-content/uploads/Snoopy_Dancing_by_jessie4508.jpg

Somewhat Damaged
05-04-2012, 10:08 AM
PaulB & Andy are going to need to be put on suicide watch.

zimmy1222
05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
:( !

schoolofruckus
05-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Banlete, if you must.

ALREADY COVERED, GABE.

It's stupid to gloat over this even if you loathe the Beasties, Tibet, or whatever else motivates this. Old boy was also a huge ally for independent film. You really think the world needs one less rich guy trying to get interesting low-budget shit into theaters?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
this is just fucking awful.

thelastgreatman
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Banlete, if you must.

It's stupid to gloat over this even if you loathe the Beasties, Tibet, or whatever else motivates this. Old boy was also a huge ally for independent film. You really think the world needs one less rich guy trying to get interesting low-budget shit into theaters?

I am 100 percent confident that anything he ever tried to help get made was absolute and total shite. We don't need those allies.

suprefan
05-04-2012, 10:16 AM
sad face.

I wonder how paul feels

juloxx
05-04-2012, 10:18 AM
I wonder how paul feels

I am going out on a limb here, but I predict sad

Miroir Noir
05-04-2012, 10:19 AM
paul has to be despondent. Rivera had a season and career-ending injury last night, on top of this.

schoolofruckus
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
I am 100 percent confident that anything he ever tried to help get made was absolute and total shite. We don't need those allies.

That's because you have no idea what is good in the world. Nevertheless, the principal remains - a guy used his personal fortune to found a company that released finished movies that he thought deserved a chance, which likely wouldn't have come otherwise in the current film economy. And you wonder why no one wants to make your movie.

caeden
05-04-2012, 10:23 AM
i passed on seeing the beastie boys at roo, opting for david byrne instead. figuring i'd see them at lolla later that year. they cancelled. should've skipped david byrne instead. damn

captncrzy
05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
i passed on seeing the beastie boys at roo, opting for david byrne instead. figuring i'd see them at lolla later that year. they cancelled. should've skipped david byrne instead. damn

...uh...no.

MoSetsfire
05-04-2012, 10:27 AM
truly heartbreaking

thelastgreatman
05-04-2012, 10:30 AM
That's because you have no idea what is good in the world. Nevertheless, the principal remains - a guy used his personal fortune to found a company that released finished movies that he thought deserved a chance, which likely wouldn't have come otherwise in the current film economy. And you wonder why no one wants to make your movie.

Oh big fucking whoop, he started a distribution company. Him and every other asshole with some money who wants to be involved in movies except not in the actual creative part of the process. Kevin Smith has a fucking distribution company too, I don't see why they should get pats on the back for acquiring already made movies. Wanna impress me? Start a company that actually funds the production of little movies you're probably gonna lose money on.

scenicworld
05-04-2012, 10:31 AM
so sad. :(
fuck cancer.

R.I.P. Adam.

sonnyboy11
05-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Freaking awful news. I had tickets to that cancelled show at the Bowl. What a downer.

RIP

CrimesceneCookie
05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
no idea he was that sick. I thought I'd get a chance to see them again at Coachella.
Very sad

scenicworld
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
I was looking forward to seeing the Beastie Boys when they were headlining Street Scene a few years back and was devastated when they had to cancel because of Adam's health.

DFrank
05-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow. I really thought Coachella would have grabbed them soon. Sad.

vogina
05-04-2012, 11:06 AM
You guys are complaining about what someone does wit their money? Bunch of douche nozzles.

RIP

schoolofruckus
05-04-2012, 11:14 AM
Oh big fucking whoop, he started a distribution company. Him and every other asshole with some money who wants to be involved in movies except not in the actual creative part of the process. Kevin Smith has a fucking distribution company too, I don't see why they should get pats on the back for acquiring already made movies. Wanna impress me? Start a company that actually funds the production of little movies you're probably gonna lose money on.

That's a fundamental misunderstanding of film economics. Without companies like Oscilloscope on the horizon as a potential distributor, it becomes increasingly difficult to convince investors to sign checks to produce the films. Without the purchases that companies like Oscilloscope make, you go from "probably gonna lose money on it" to "there's no fucking way you'll make money, I'm going to invest in a restaurant". Hell, sometimes the mere act of contacting an Oscope or a CinemaGuild and getting them to write you an email saying they're interested to see your cut once it's finished is enough to get a private investor to pony up. You simply have no fucking clue how this process works.

I mean....you're really bitching because an indie-friendly distributor takes a hands off approach to the films it releases? I now hope your film does get made so you can sell it to Weinstein (a guy who also does the very thing you find "impressive") so he can carve it up and shelve it for a decade.

gazercmh
05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
This sucks.

thelastgreatman
05-04-2012, 12:03 PM
That's a fundamental misunderstanding of film economics. Without companies like Oscilloscope on the horizon as a potential distributor, it becomes increasingly difficult to convince investors to sign checks to produce the films. Without the purchases that companies like Oscilloscope make, you go from "probably gonna lose money on it" to "there's no fucking way you'll make money, I'm going to invest in a restaurant". Hell, sometimes the mere act of contacting an Oscope or a CinemaGuild and getting them to write you an email saying they're interested to see your cut once it's finished is enough to get a private investor to pony up. You simply have no fucking clue how this process works.

I mean....you're really bitching because an indie-friendly distributor takes a hands off approach to the films it releases? I now hope your film does get made so you can sell it to Weinstein (a guy who also does the very thing you find "impressive") so he can carve it up and shelve it for a decade.

All I'm saying is he ain't Tony Wilson. It's easy to back a movie that's already been made.

Grant
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
so bummed. horrible

Alchemy
05-04-2012, 12:15 PM

David Byrne will die one day too, you know... It will be a horrible day.

I also passed on seeing the Beastie Boys. It was at V-Fest in Baltimore. I believe that I saw LCD Soundsystem and TV on the Radio when they played? I don't know, but I remember at least hearing some of their set in-between the two sets I had watched and wishing that there was a way to make it work.

Neighborhood Creep
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
First time I have been listening to artist when I found out they passed.

MassiveChemicalPunk
05-04-2012, 12:28 PM
David Byrne will die one day too, you know... It will be a horrible day.

I also passed on seeing the Beastie Boys. It was at V-Fest in Baltimore. I believe that I saw LCD Soundsystem and TV on the Radio when they played? I don't know, but I remember at least hearing some of their set in-between the two sets I had watched and wishing that there was a way to make it work.

Dude... I was at LCD too. I catched 2 songs of LCD and all my friends were itching to watch Beasties so I had to take the hit and went along with them. Needless to say... they were great.

bobert
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Hey Randy, not disputing how fun and hilarious it is to dance on people's graves, but maybe you should lay off the cancer victims considering your history on this board. I don't think I could stand to lose you and MCA in the same day.

Grant
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
seriously, some of you deserve to be locked up.

Neighborhood Creep
05-04-2012, 12:49 PM
Hey Randy, not disputing how fun and hilarious it is to dance on people's graves, but maybe you should lay off the cancer victims considering your history on this board. I don't think I could stand to lose you and MCA in the same day.

2 dead skinny grey haired Jews

Goatchella
05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Smokin dust in the back of the bus
RIP

Originalbob
05-04-2012, 04:05 PM
So sad to hear this

http://youtu.be/JhqyZeUlE8U

http://youtu.be/oB0NM6reiRE