PDA

View Full Version : Car Camping Panic Buttons

paperdoll78
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
This was my first year car camping at Coachella, and overall, it was a pretty good experience. There was one major exception: The number of people using their car panic buttons to find their camping spots all night long. I wasn't expecting a peaceful night's sleep, but I didn't expect to feel like I was sleeping in Watts either.

Did nobody think to use the well laid out street signs to find their cars? It seemed pretty simple to me.

emoassnolan
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Wasn't an issue for me, but I was all the way at the back of Lot 7. I guess the people around me figured to just keep walking till you hit the wall, and you're car would be somewhere there...

Coldchella
04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
I doubt it was solely people trying to find their spots. Some of them may have been just locking their cars for the night. When I lock my car and equip the alarm, the horn honks.

bemerritt
04-26-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't think I heard an alarm all weekend. Maybe changing the street names back to animals will help people remember their street name more easily.

scenicworld
04-26-2012, 10:48 AM
I heard a lot of alarms Saturday morning and it was really annoying. I don't mind if an alarm goes off unexpectedly and you don't have your keys handy and it goes off for a while, but it seemed like people on streets 107-109 were having a "let's see who can be more annoying" contest and all of the alarms were going off at once.

SleePi
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
I didn't have any problems with alarms going off. I was on S 109th weekend 2

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
That's was security breaking in breaux

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Oh god, if you're near your car in the AM and you keep setting off your alarm. Leave that shit unlocked and off alert mode, people need to sleep and not hear your failure with using your own car keys.

Several people in Lot 7 near 147 & Park on weekend 1 will remember that asshole who's alarm kept going off from 630am-8am.

paperdoll78
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I was in Lot 10 on N 135 st, and I swear I heard an alarm every few minutes. Not just beeping your car lock (which I did the first night when I walked right by my car twice), but literally hitting the panic button to set off the alarm. It was happening from midnight to around 3am, maybe longer since I fell asleep eventually.

Fidoosh
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh god, if you're near your car in the AM and you keep setting off your alarm. Leave that shit unlocked and off alert mode, people need to sleep and not hear your failure with using your own car keys.

Several people in Lot 7 near 147 & Park on weekend 1 will remember that asshole who's alarm kept going off from 630am-8am.

I was on 146 weekend 1 and holy fuck... I was about to find out who's car it was and disconnect the battery or something. Fucking alarm went off every day, every 30 minutes for 20 minutes at a time.

suprefan
04-26-2012, 02:29 PM
Lot 8 ftw. Pretty quiet, except for right after the fest let out and people were going back to all their spots. Also, any panic alarm buttons I heard were very far away from my spot, so never an issue.

algunz
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
That's 'cuz nobody likes you.

CaseSensitive
04-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I was in Lot 10 on N 135 st, and I swear I heard an alarm every few minutes. Not just beeping your car lock (which I did the first night when I walked right by my car twice), but literally hitting the panic button to set off the alarm. It was happening from midnight to around 3am, maybe longer since I fell asleep eventually.

Which weekend? I was Lot 10 on N 135th St too on weekend 1. We remembered it by: Miracle on 34th St + 101 Dalmatians =135th. Super lame (lame is my default setting, I didn't have a choice), yet super effective. After that long walk, none of us got lost.

AeroplaneJunkie
04-26-2012, 04:33 PM
i was in the very front of lot 7, heard nothing at all haha

Phunkevil
04-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Only a retard/asshole would put their car alarm on at Coachella.

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Coachella proves to have many.

AbbyWest88
04-26-2012, 08:13 PM
My car alarm was set off while I was in the festival on Saturday and my friend accidentally set it off late Saturday night, but I turned it off immediately. I was in lot 10 row 137...sorry if it disturbed anyone. Unfortunately I care about my belongings therefore I will always lock up my car and set the alarm so I can know when someone is fucking my with my shit. And I will for sure continue doing it considering a lot of people seemed to have their stuff broken into or stolen.

Bus McRider
04-27-2012, 04:06 AM

I've never come closer to committing a capital felony. Fuck that dude.

paperdoll78
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
Which weekend? I was Lot 10 on N 135th St too on weekend 1. We remembered it by: Miracle on 34th St + 101 Dalmatians =135th. Super lame (lame is my default setting, I didn't have a choice), yet super effective. After that long walk, none of us got lost.

That's funny, I used the same "Miracle on 34th" st to remember my street! I was there weekend 2. I also took a photo of the street sign in case I forgot, but the mnemonic device worked just fine for us too.

moxie990
05-08-2012, 03:21 PM

We were right near that guy too ... such a dick! And this was after that campsite right near that was partying till past 5am with their music blasting too. Didn't have the best night sleep that night. the music all night I understand though, but letting your alarm go off at 6am is unacceptable!

SepaGroove
05-09-2012, 08:40 AM
I was on 146 weekend 1 and holy fuck... I was about to find out who's car it was and disconnect the battery or something. Fucking alarm went off every day, every 30 minutes for 20 minutes at a time.

I would've found who it was and smacked the shit out of them...

Ok, maybe not. But that would seriously piss me off.

wompwomp
05-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Last year on Sunday night there was a car alarm going off about three sites over from us when we returned after Kanye and it didn't stop until about 6 in the morning when the battery died. It was brutal. I have no idea where the fuck the people were.