PDA

View Full Version : Old guy (aka, 40) goes to Coachella for first time, blogs about it...

THrants
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Enjoy (or not). :)

http://tomrants.com/?p=467

TomAz
04-25-2012, 11:40 AM
You lost me on "Madness literally transported me back 30 years." Because that did not literally happen.

scenicworld
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm pretty sure that's the back of my head in your madness pic. (foreground, center, messy long-blondish hair).

Wonderbot
04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
Sad of the Day: Radiohead. Whether it was bad timing for me, a performance that just didn’t reach the size of this particular crowd or, blasphemously, just that they weren’t all that good, Radiohead’s set was a disappointment. And if I could, I’d grab two or three of the dozens of concert-goers who streamed away from the mainstage in the 45 minutes preceding my departure to back me up. Though I’d felt this since early in the evening on Friday, my reaction to Radiohead’s performance – a band I truly enjoy and “get,” though I believe Thom Yorke maybe getting too deep inside his own brain rather often of late – confirmed it: at a festival like Coachella, you really have to follow your own heart and your own mood to make the most out of it. The night before, I’d been looking forward to seeing Mazzy Star. But when it came time for their set, I just wasn’t in the mode for their brand of music. Not that I don’t still really like Mazzy Star – it just wasn’t right for me at that moment. And, unfortunately, Radiohead – at best – fell into that category on this Saturday night.

Fucking retarded old man

clleadz
04-25-2012, 04:40 PM
your name is 40?

paulucla
04-26-2012, 06:46 AM
You most definitely do not "get" Radiohead, so please stop trying to say you do. Signed, Another Old Guy

gaypalmsprings
04-26-2012, 06:50 AM
"Set of the Day, Period: Hands down, the Black Keys were the highlight of a frigid and sometimes wet Friday."

Is this a joke?

fatbastard
04-26-2012, 07:03 AM
"get though"

Coldchella
04-26-2012, 07:05 AM
I couldn't take you seriously after the painfully obvious typo near the end of the first paragraph. You might as well have just started out by saying "I really don't give a shit about this".

fatbastard
04-26-2012, 07:10 AM
"Sporting my El Coyote hat"

I can't enough of that place.

GuyInTucson
04-26-2012, 02:37 PM
You lost me on "Madness literally transported me back 30 years." Because that did not literally happen.

I just wanted to say that I literally died of laughter reading this post.

algunz
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM

I was transported. I skanked myself right back to 10.