PDA

View Full Version : FUCK TENT CAMPING!

geonotgio
04-24-2012, 12:02 AM
That seriously was the biggest disgrace and the biggest slap to the face. 2 years of tent camping and i'm fucking done with it. FUCK THAT!

Highly Refined Pirate
04-24-2012, 12:03 AM
why would you ever want to tent camp??

geonotgio
04-24-2012, 12:22 AM
why would you ever want to tent camp??

i REALLY thought they would make it better this year. but they didn't. All they did was make it closer to the venue but even shittier. but now i know. Car camping is heaven.

Highly Refined Pirate
04-24-2012, 12:42 AM
There ya go.

ocbruin84
04-24-2012, 12:43 AM
They should just do away with tent camping altogether.

choice cat
04-24-2012, 01:03 AM
I hear you man, walking through the tent camping area that space would have been more suitable for a Coachella jail. Couldn't believe the conditions fucking HORRIBLE.

aphrael
04-24-2012, 07:30 AM
That seriously was the biggest disgrace and the biggest slap to the face. 2 years of tent camping and i'm fucking done with it. FUCK THAT!

What was the problem with it? ISTM that it was way better than last year. (Granted, this is just based on walking by the area, not spending any time in it).

Dogvolta
04-24-2012, 07:32 AM
Was that the area next to 2A/4A parking? The area behind the fence?
Oh man I felt sorry for those people everytime we walked past. Every second we spent walking by those tents I was IMMENSELY grateful for the air conditioned hotel room. It was cheap, had a toilet, a nice shower, and amazingly comfortable beds.

BeaverCat
04-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Anybody have pictures?

menikmati
04-24-2012, 11:07 AM
I would rather kill myself than deal with tent only camping at Coachella. That shit looked miserable.

Cheddar's Cousin
04-24-2012, 11:30 AM
Wait...what...?

There was a Fuck tent?

BeaverCat
04-24-2012, 12:17 PM
I'm reading complaints about it, but what exactly was wrong this year? I was kicking myself because I wanted to tent camp this year, but was unable to get tickets.

Wonderbot
04-24-2012, 12:58 PM
It was a very poor lot, rough uneven ground. Fenced in by black iron fence, and chain link. It seemed like a shanty-town meant to keep people in.

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as they make it seem, but it certainly looked bad.

Miroir Noir
04-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Anybody have pictures?

http://prisonphotography.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/610x.jpg?w=475&h=309

FEELS
04-24-2012, 09:24 PM
yeah that area looked really depressing

lehorne
04-24-2012, 09:39 PM
"act like you're having a good time, guys"

must have been a massive shithole if it was worse than last year

bluecheese
04-24-2012, 09:42 PM
Pics..

gaypalmsprings
04-24-2012, 09:51 PM
http://www.laughingatdumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/164.jpg

romanticizer
04-24-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah, yeah. District 9 but go on...

fooffybunny
04-24-2012, 09:53 PM
http://prisonphotography.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/610x.jpg?w=475&h=309

^^THIS! LOL Aside from being right outside the venue and being able to catch the earliest sets w/o much problems, there's now no way in hell I'd ever tent camp. Car camp... maybe. The heat, the noise/traffic, I can't imagine that it was very enjoyable but maybe vets are able to make it work...

frizzlefry
04-24-2012, 11:00 PM
What was so bad about it besides the fence and heat? I saw it from the shuttle and it did look a little depressing but you weren't expecting a fucking party in tent camping right?

swdshfsk
04-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Tent camping area looked pretty pitiful, and I feel bad for what's become of it. Tent camping used to be something I looked forward to at Coachella. I car camped this year, and it was just about a piece of shit, too.

geonotgio
04-25-2012, 12:43 AM
rough uneven ground
Dirt everywhere
weeds (our tent was set up on top of a fat bush of weeds)
Everything got dusty (especially the food)

All my friends didn't even want to come to our tent spot. :(
I'm seriously a low maintainence guy. I don't expect anything really except some nice grass. That's all i ever wanted.

geonotgio
04-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm sure it wasn't as bad as they make it seem, but it certainly looked bad.

WTF?

bluecheese
04-25-2012, 07:55 AM
manicured grass comes with the vip tent passes.

lehorne
04-25-2012, 08:02 AM
as does manicured bush

faxman75
04-25-2012, 08:07 AM
Tent camping area looked pretty pitiful, and I feel bad for what's become of it. Tent camping used to be something I looked forward to at Coachella. I car camped this year, and it was just about a piece of shit, too.

What was wrong with car camping this year?

baily
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
you get the cheapest 'housing' in the entire valley and yet you complain....LOL!

Beggars can't be choosers (repeat)

Homeless man say's, "damn this half eaten hamburger (found in the trash) has Mayo on it. I hate mayo."

Wonderbot
04-25-2012, 08:43 AM
WTF?

It was not as bad as you all make it sound. It simply wasn't.

Not optimal, but certainly not unlivable.

MMMMJ
04-25-2012, 09:23 AM
We did tent camping last year and car camping this year. Tent camping was awful (mostly because of the longgggggg ass walk past lot 10) but aside from having the car next to the us this year, camping was still brutal. Hotel next year, thank you very much.
I'm not sure if people just have really high expectations, or what... But you're really in the cuts when you camp. Yes, the experience is fabulous and you can easily walk to the venue, but I need running water and a bed. I just do.

faxman75
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
They have running water. Also you can bring an air mattress.

Wonderbot
04-25-2012, 09:54 AM
We did tent camping last year and car camping this year. Tent camping was awful (mostly because of the longgggggg ass walk past lot 10) but aside from having the car next to the us this year, camping was still brutal. Hotel next year, thank you very much.
I'm not sure if people just have really high expectations, or what... But you're really in the cuts when you camp. Yes, the experience is fabulous and you can easily walk to the venue, but I need running water and a bed. I just do.

Arrive earlier.
Prepare a better camp.

I assure your camp was not pimped out in any way, and thus you had a bad camping experience.

Learn to camp comfortably, and you will not complain.

geonotgio
04-25-2012, 11:53 PM
You're a clown. You're just trying to ruffle up some feathers. Tent campers were not paying that much less than car campers. 75 bucks isn't cheap. As a paying customer, i deserve at least some grass.

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS

geonotgio
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
They should of clarified that if you pay less; you get some shitty ass lot. They never made that clear. Anyways! I'm done with this thread.

BROKENDOLL
04-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Arrive earlier.
Prepare a better camp.

I assure your camp was not pimped out in any way, and thus you had a bad camping experience.

Learn to camp comfortably, and you will not complain.
Wonderbot, c'mon, the very least you could do is tell her how you got all your pimpin' camp gear this year to use for next year! lol

You're a clown. You're just trying to ruffle up some feathers. Tent campers were not paying that much less than car campers. 75 bucks isn't cheap. As a paying customer, i deserve at least some grass.

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS
CLOWN? The man will be pimping out tents next year, you watch. Dudes got shit for days after this year's score.

Wonderbot
04-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I'm getting caught up in the general boardie douchebaggery. So yes, you're right. I should offer advice with the snarky replies.

Camping essentials for Indio:

1) SHADE:
You need something covering your tent from the sun, or it will turn into an oven. And no, your tents Rain fly thingie will not protect you from the sun.
Popular options: EZ-Up, Carport, build your own out of PVC.

2) Less is more, except for when it's not:
What I mean is don't buy a tent that's 10x20 and expect to have space for both your car and tent in a 10x30 plot of land. Plan for the space you're provided, or buy extra camping spots (requires you have a car for each at the time of parking).
PRO-TIP: With Multiple cars, or just one, the best thing to do is buy a car companion pass (Parking on site) and you unload your gear, set up camp, then move the car off to the companion parking lot. This leaves you with the entire 10x30 spot for your camp (but leaves you without a secure place to lock your valuables in, and have a place to charge your electronic devices if you only have one car).

3) Sleeping comfortably:
You don't need an air mattress, especially if you don't have a canopy to shield your camp from the sun. In cold/hot climates the air mattress will become an ice cube/hot plate. You can prepare for cold by having one of those blue tarps laid out on the ground, and you set up your tent on top of it, so it insulates your tent from the cold/hot ground. You can also put something on the bottom of your tent floor to double up on this, or only inside your tent if you don't have something for outside/under it. With a sleeping bag rated for the kind of weather you're expecting (Example weekend 1 you needed a bag rated for at least 40degrees to be warm). If it's warm weather you can sleep pretty much anywhere until sunrise, then it'll get hot depending on your setup. Blankets will not keep you warmer than a sleeping bag on an air mattress if the temp is cold.

4) Access to the venue:
Arrive for car camping in between 2pm and 3pm which usually gets you into lot 5 as it's filling up, or lot 8 (which is the best IMO). A camping spot in lot 8 means you can exit the festival any time and go to your tent and be back within 10-15min easily.

5) Camp amenities:
Camping chairs, fold-up table, Shower tent, solar shower, chemical toilet or a "dry" toilet (uses these double sealed bags you pretty much only use to poop in, easier to deal with than a chemical toilet), a cheap radio, an inverter to charge your devices from the car (or try your luck standing in line at other outlets). Cheap LED lighting (lasts long time on battery power, is bright), flashlights/headlamps, baby wipes (in case you can't shower always), extra tent stakes (Always buy some new tent stakes, try to never use the ones provided with your tent/gear they usually SUCK).

6) Be aware of your neighbors:
This can make or break your camping experience. Most people are cool, and you should try and get to know them. I've camped and ignored neighbors and I've camped and made lasting friends. The benefit is if you make friends, it's like having an extra set of eyes watching over your shit. However you can't be too trusting, so never flash your expensive gear to them either, or let anyone see where you hide stuff.

7) Hiding stuff:
I'm a little hesitant to share this but I figure it's relatively safe to give out... If you have a little spade or the like, you can dig a little hole, where you can put a lockbox or a regular box and then set up your tent over it. There you can hide your keys or "other" things if you don't have your car parked near your tent. You can even go as far as cutting a hole in your old beat-up tent so you can access your secret stash from inside the tent.

There's more of course, but I'm at work and I have to make trails for a meeting.

But yeah, there is no reason for anyone to have a bad camping experience if you are prepared for comfort.

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 10:08 AM
And don't forget the lube

Wonderbot
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
And don't forget the lube

Goat, you seem like an awesome guy. I hope I get to meet you next year.

Josesativa
04-26-2012, 01:01 PM

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS

wahhhh!!!!!!! wah!!!!!!!!! wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonderbot
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM

FUCK BOTH OF YOU CLOWNS

Translation: I didn't prepare so my camp was terrible and I was uncomfortable. All my own fault, for not being prepared for comfort. But I'll blame everyone but myself.

Josesativa
04-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Translation: I didn't prepare so my camp was terrible and I was uncomfortable. All my own fault, for not being prepared for comfort. But I'll blame everyone but myself.
EXACTLY.

i had so much fun camping with other people and introducing myself to my neighbors so that when i didn't have something all i had to do was ask around nicely . man did i love laying on the grass and on my neighbors air mattress smoking j's with the group .. there is nothing like camping .. i didn't prepare as well as i should have but in the end i didn't let it bother me to the point where i have to cry all day

Wonderbot
04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
This year I rented a pickup and we had a 10x20 carport, a 10x10 EZ Up a 10x20 tent a 10x10 tent a portable shower tent, 2 solar showers, a toilet, air mattresses, sleeping bags, camping chairs, etc etc....

We could not have been more comfortable, unless we stayed in a hotel.

Even with "poor" ground conditions, we would not have noticed any problems at all because we were prepared.

Next year my camp will be even better than this last. Not Goatchella worthy mind you... but I strive to get to that point.

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Goat, you seem like an awesome guy. I hope I get to meet you next year.

Wanna share a sleeping bag?

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 01:42 PM
This year I rented a pickup and we had a 10x20 carport, a 10x10 EZ Up a 10x20 tent a 10x10 tent a portable shower tent, 2 solar showers, a toilet, air mattresses, sleeping bags, camping chairs, etc etc....

We could not have been more comfortable, unless we stayed in a hotel.

Even with "poor" ground conditions, we would not have noticed any problems at all because we were prepared.

Next year my camp will be even better than this last. Not Goatchella worthy mind you... but I strive to get to that point.
Like a bawssss

Jugohouse
04-26-2012, 03:19 PM
I supposed that was going to happen, so i paid an hotel room for this year, heres some pics for 2010 and 2011 for all you people can see the quality decrease:

2010:

Beautiful grass, incredible view:
http://img124.imagevenue.com/loc134/th_473599682_Imagen12_122_134lo.jpg (http://img124.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=473599682_Imagen12_122_134lo.jpg)

Hard grass, dust and horse shit smell:

http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc527/th_473600544_Imagen13_122_527lo.jpg (http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=473600544_Imagen13_122_527lo.jpg)

Click on the photo to see them larger

lostatlimbo
04-26-2012, 04:02 PM
This has nothing to do with tent camping specifically, but since you're discussing the finer merits of car camping, the only complaint I had (first time) was no drinking water.

Inside the venue there is free drinking water to refill, but nothing available in the campgrounds.

I get that they are trying to make as much money as they can from us ($48 for a case of cheap bottled water), but come on... its a basic necessity. I'm buying your delicious $9 breakfast burritos each morning, least you could do is offer a couple drinking water stations in the campgrounds.

That said, overall, the experience was great. Had a great campsite and great neighbors. Didn't sleep for shit, but I'll do that when I'm dead.

Vic Viper
04-26-2012, 07:09 PM
uh. you camped in the desert and didn't bring water? are you dumb?

general_rowdy
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
This has nothing to do with tent camping specifically, but since you're discussing the finer merits of car camping, the only complaint I had (first time) was no drinking water.

Inside the venue there is free drinking water to refill, but nothing available in the campgrounds.

I get that they are trying to make as much money as they can from us ($48 for a case of cheap bottled water), but come on... its a basic necessity. I'm buying your delicious $9 breakfast burritos each morning, least you could do is offer a couple drinking water stations in the campgrounds.

That said, overall, the experience was great. Had a great campsite and great neighbors. Didn't sleep for shit, but I'll do that when I'm dead.

So what you're saying is it was your fucking fault for not buying a cheap case of water to bring with you to coachella?

Now that car camping is available why in gods name would you want to do tent camping?

BUT the one thing I can complain about!!! fucking security took my god damn rubber mallet!!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THE STAKES INTO THE GROUND WITH!?! MY FOOT!?!?!

Fucking tards.... of all the things they decide to take essential camping gear -.- smh smh..

Stickjohn
04-26-2012, 08:18 PM
I never needed it but according to the map there was a water refill station in Lot 8 this year.

We had a large group on one side of us that pretty much walled us out and 2 really nice, super pretty, expert camping women on the other side. It was just fine.

lostatlimbo
04-26-2012, 10:40 PM
My camp had plenty of water (I didn't have to buy any at the store, just quoting the price I heard in line)

That really wasn't my point though. Its a wasteful to bring in a shitload of water bottles into the campgrounds. Even if they get recycled it would be much better to just fill up a couple jugs at a refill station and leave all the fucking trash at home.

Coachella likes to pretend that its reducing its environmental impact, but requiring each person to bring in a weekend's worth of drinking water is a FAIL in that regard.

michelle87
04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I stayed in Tent Camping and I can honestly say I have nothing to complain about!
The "uneven" ground was hardly noticeable, and kind of expected, seeing as you are CAMPING.
We made friends with a large amount of our neighbours, whom we ended up partying with for the entire 3 days, no depressed campers to be seen!
And the BEST perk of tent camping, was having the CLEANEST bathrooms out of all the lots. Seriously worth it!!!
The only benefit of car camping in my mind, is obviously having your car next to your tent. However, our vehicles were a short enough distance away that it was practically the same as having it next to our tent anyways!
I don't know what everyone seems to be complaining about, you can't seriously have been expecting some sort of "first class" camping experience at a music festival!!

Wonderbot
04-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Wanna share a sleeping bag?

Only if you can put up with my snoring

Goatchella
04-27-2012, 08:00 AM
That will be easier than what your gonna have to deal with. :)

Robin
04-27-2012, 08:27 AM
That really wasn't my point though. Its a wasteful to bring in a shitload of water bottles into the campgrounds. Even if they get recycled it would be much better to just fill up a couple jugs at a refill station and leave all the fucking trash at home.
Why don't you just bring in jugs filled with water? I brought in 3x 5-gallon water carriers. They can be used to refill your jugs.

with_cheese
04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
as does manicured bush

nice one

ongoingnightmare
04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
I liked tent camping . every moring a few girls by my site took their tops off and spryed sunscreen all over them, great time , *****OUR BATHROOMS WHERE ALWAYS CLEAN AND NOT OVER FLOWING****** because not many people knew about our bathrooms, **less cops** unless you where maken smoke clouds for the cleaning people to see they really didnt come in. they didnt seach my car, and when i brought my stuff to the tent site the sceeners looked at me asked if I had any drugs a let me walk by they did search people but not me " . EZ to get in and out you could take your car and just drive out if you wanted to in tent camping
, or the shuttle was right there , Just getting out on the last day was EZ no lines getting out of town. at the end of every night we wernt in the dust cloud made from the people walking back everyday. over it wasent that bad

aphrael
04-27-2012, 12:01 PM
I supposed that was going to happen, so i paid an hotel room for this year, heres some pics for 2010 and 2011 for all you people can see the quality decrease:

2010:

Beautiful grass, incredible view:
http://img124.imagevenue.com/loc134/th_473599682_Imagen12_122_134lo.jpg (http://img124.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=473599682_Imagen12_122_134lo.jpg)

Hard grass, dust and horse shit smell:

http://img125.imagevenue.com/loc527/th_473600544_Imagen13_122_527lo.jpg (http://img125.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=473600544_Imagen13_122_527lo.jpg)

Click on the photo to see them larger

the 2011 location just looked *awful*.

welgo800
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
camping is amazing and the ONLY way to experience the festival in its entirety. But you must be prepared: shade, sleeping pad, food (dry ice works amazing, it’s a little more expensive at first, but I never had to buy more all weekend. my cooler froze my strawberries so we had a nice treat after the 1st and 2nd night), and plenty of water (the 5 gal jugs are amazing and really cheap to fill).

The most important thing YOUR attitude about the whole situation, you either love it and make the best of it; or hate it and complain the whole weekend ruining things for the people around you.

RezBanana
04-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Only if you can put up with my snoring

That will be easier than what your gonna have to deal with. :)

you gonna get raped....

sassypants
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Last time I camped at Coachella was 2008, and yes, compared to how it used to be, tent camping sucks. here's a photo from weekend 1. yes, that's my tent in the "sold out" tent camping.

LetThereBeLight
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
False.

I never needed it but according to the map there was a water refill station in Lot 8 this year.
There was, and it was not hard to find.

billtino
04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Tent Camping was the shit, when it was the only option. Some of you guys were out by 50th Ave...wtf?! Might as well have been offsite camping. Why did they not just make lot 4B the Tent Only camping. I walked by that lot all weekend and it was as empty as a frat boy's beer bong.

Grant
04-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Tent Camping was the shit, when it was the only option.

SO FUCKING TRUE

2009 was absolutely amazing. then 2010 happened and tent camping went straight to hell. someone got fucked in my tent on friday. coming back to a used condom, busted air mattress and trashed food is smashing after a day of coachella. i wish it would go back to just tent camping.

Wonderbot
04-30-2012, 09:31 AM
SO FUCKING TRUE

2009 was absolutely amazing. then 2010 happened and tent camping went straight to hell. someone got fucked in my tent on friday. coming back to a used condom, busted air mattress and trashed food is smashing after a day of coachella. i wish it would go back to just tent camping.

2008 and 2009 tent camping was NOT amazing.

You had to park in a lot 10, then drag all your shit with you across lot 10 into Lot 8 to get checked, then drag your shit to the camp spot... and then turn around and go back and get whatever you weren't able to bring with you on the first trip.

SFOtoJFK
05-01-2012, 12:04 PM
We've done tent camping and yes...you make great friends and such but it's still shit. However, if you can save $10.50 per person per day for 300 days (I know that's still a lot) you can do the Safari Tent and all will be forgiven. We fretted so much about the cost and how the hell could we spend that much money on a flippin' music festival but we did and stopped the self loathing about 2 minutes after we arrived.

Already saving for next year. Some of the best memories in a life full of fanfuckingtastic memories. The access. The outrageous A/C. The wonderful green grass everywhere. The swimming pool. The golf carts to get you to the back or front of the main stage in less than 10 minutes. If you are really INTO Coachella, then save up the dough and go for it. We need more people that like to party next year.

Saving $10.50 a day for 300 days makes it seem so reasonable. Much like "don't look down"....don't ever admit to "how much it costs". It's always $10.50 per day. So, "Joe Blow..how much was that fancy tent for the one percenters?" The reply always is "$10.50 per day".

You want expensive, no matter how you rationalize it? Bonnaroo Roll Like a Rockstar....$26,000 (including tour bus) and amazingly, with far from all access. That is some rich hippy shit going down in TN.

Grant
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
2008 and 2009 tent camping was NOT amazing.

You had to park in a lot 10, then drag all your shit with you across lot 10 into Lot 8 to get checked, then drag your shit to the camp spot... and then turn around and go back and get whatever you weren't able to bring with you on the first trip.

i don't remember doing all of that in 2009... then again i'm not familiar with the lots, lol. i just remember the experience being a lot better... having front row was really nice. and with tent camping in 2010 they put the tent people in this secluded dunce area. ugh. i vote for 2009 camping

santasutt
05-01-2012, 07:21 PM
http://hotelsharbor.com/photos/California/Thousand%20Palms/california_thousand_palms_hampton_inn_suites_palm_ desert_ca/hampton_inn_suites_palm_desert_ca_thousand_palms_1 .jpg

3 star hotel with breakfast buffet = quasi-camping

Wonderbot
05-02-2012, 06:44 AM
i don't remember doing all of that in 2009... then again i'm not familiar with the lots, lol. i just remember the experience being a lot better... having front row was really nice. and with tent camping in 2010 they put the tent people in this secluded dunce area. ugh. i vote for 2009 camping

The only reason you liked it is because Lot 8, was where they put tent campers before. And that's the lot right next to the entrance.

That won't EVERY happen again, it's now a car camping lot.

Car camp at coachella or suck forever.

Stickjohn
05-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Grant is more a VIP/hotel type guy now. They grow up so fast these days ...

SepaGroove
05-02-2012, 09:26 AM
We've done tent camping and yes...you make great friends and such but it's still shit. However, if you can save $10.50 per person per day for 300 days (I know that's still a lot) you can do the Safari Tent and all will be forgiven. We fretted so much about the cost and how the hell could we spend that much money on a flippin' music festival but we did and stopped the self loathing about 2 minutes after we arrived.

Already saving for next year. Some of the best memories in a life full of fanfuckingtastic memories. The access. The outrageous A/C. The wonderful green grass everywhere. The swimming pool. The golf carts to get you to the back or front of the main stage in less than 10 minutes. If you are really INTO Coachella, then save up the dough and go for it. We need more people that like to party next year.

Saving $10.50 a day for 300 days makes it seem so reasonable. Much like "don't look down"....don't ever admit to "how much it costs". It's always $10.50 per day. So, "Joe Blow..how much was that fancy tent for the one percenters?" The reply always is "$10.50 per day".

You want expensive, no matter how you rationalize it? Bonnaroo Roll Like a Rockstar....$26,000 (including tour bus) and amazingly, with far from all access. That is some rich hippy shit going down in TN.

One day I'm going to do the Safari tents. You get all of the positive things about camping without the negative, so it really does seem pretty bad ass. But it's just so damn expensive, I can't afford that shit right now. Are you a smoker? Were you able to smoke in there? My friends were camping in Car Camping and security tried to roll up on them for smoking in their tents.

ENluv12
05-02-2012, 09:30 AM
^ I was wondering this, too. I feel like because there are less people there it would be harder to get away with everything.

SepaGroove
05-02-2012, 09:41 AM
^ I was wondering this, too. I feel like because there are less people there it would be harder to get away with everything.

Exactly what I was thinking. And if so, fuck that

ENluv12
05-02-2012, 10:14 AM
yeah, no way in hell I am paying that much fucking money to not be able to thrown down in comfort.

Ambassador of Coachella
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Just buy a house.

SepaGroove
05-02-2012, 10:56 AM
Just buy a house.

Seriously, for how much Safari tent camping costs you could get a dope ass house a few miles away if you book early.

GuyInTucson
05-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Fuck camping...

... unless they bring back RV camping.

ENluv12
05-02-2012, 11:30 AM
Fuck camping...

... unless they bring back RV camping.

Now this I could do.

vertin
05-02-2012, 11:39 AM
yall are old farts and cant handle camping...

nobil@sbcglobal.net
05-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Tent Camping was like the poor stepbrother to Car camping. Shitty, sandy ground with fire ants & next to the stables with the scent of horse shit in the morning air, no nearby showers, and we didn't get water at the porta-potty till day 2. It was a bad experience except for the fellow campers - all of them were great - it felt like Coachella found the worst place and the worst attitude to deal with tent campers = NEVER AGAIN.

PepeO
05-14-2012, 12:36 PM
This was my 3rd time tent camping, never again. We had an awesome settup and that was not the problem, rather the distance to showers and camping center, and lack of grass was a problem. Also, I'm over the lack of privacy...i wanna get down on my coachella vacation, but in my tent next to my sisters and bro-in-law is not a great time. I'm gettin to old to camp apparently, so i'm gonna rent a house and take a shuttle. :D

frozen pilgrim
05-14-2012, 01:35 PM
genuinely curious about the safari tents re: smoking pot. how'd that work out in such a (presumably) secured camping area

golf1here
03-23-2013, 12:10 PM
We are going to be comfortable this year. We got a Standing Room 100 tent from Amazon. It is 10x10 with almost 9' of head room. It hangs from a 10x10 shade canopy which acts as a fly and shades the tent. Enough room inside for a queen size air mattress, a table and two chairs! With two doors and two large windows there is plenty of ventilation. We are bringing extra tarps to shade the sides as well. 10025

Eddie S.
03-24-2013, 02:27 PM
:bump

for those asking about tent camping.

geonotgio
03-26-2013, 10:38 PM
I think tent camping is going to get some love this year with some nice grass but far distance away from everything.

geonotgio
03-26-2013, 10:39 PM
That's crazy... I started this thread.