PDA

View Full Version : Dublin hits Coachella!

joanofarse
01-23-2007, 07:57 AM
Story friends,

There are 8 lads from Dublin heading across to this gig, thinking about maybe renting a bus/large camper van (One of the lads has full bus licence! Go on Dublin Bus!). Just an idea, but if there are anybody who would like to jump on the bandwagon, Irish or otherwise, your input would be appreciated. Looking to hear from any groups/people who reckon they are up to some serious festival partying!

Talk to ya,

Kev

:thu

SheriNOIR
01-23-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm coming from England. I pretty much don't have a clue how I'm gonna get from the airport to Coachella right now. Might consider this :o).

Cheers, Sheri.

a_fool_from_edinburgh
01-23-2007, 10:18 AM
aye likewise, wher'd you guys be driving from? What size would bus be? How many of you is there?
I'd defo be interested but ain't definite yet (need my flights and tickets first...)

amylicious
01-23-2007, 10:28 AM
I'd be interested...let me know what the criac is!!x

w1zard
01-23-2007, 10:36 AM
Howrya
just seen the lineup for this tonight
spamming txt's to the mates now to convince them we need to spend stupid amounts of money to go :D

All from belfast or there abouts i'll let ya know if i can rally any of them into it
(rather bloody goto this than oxegen and ep again this year)

ciaoq
01-23-2007, 10:38 AM
hey kev, yeah there is a few of us going from dublin too. we went last year too, its really amazing. what we did last year was rent a car at the airport(make sure you have somone over 21, a full license and a credit card) and we drove straight out to the site from the airport. it takes about 4 hrs so its grand. stayed on the campsite then came straight home. its really worth it, but very very different from irish festivals, there isnt really the pisshead mentality so be warned!

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 10:51 AM
me & my mate are gonna head over from east midlands area, might be up for his

weve been ripping it up across british festivals for some time now. thought it was about time the yanks got a taste too!

Meeshu
01-23-2007, 11:01 AM
Yep - am definitely thinking about heading over. Have to convince a mate and sort out money, tickets etc. But would be very, very interested in joining the festival bus!

SheriNOIR
01-23-2007, 11:14 AM
Seems to have ALOT of interest. What airport are you travelling to ? Same as the rest How many people / how big a bus ? Sounds like a fun trip! :)

joanofarse
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
F*ckin hell, didn't expect this much of a response. Nice one. In response to everyones comments, see below! For anyone who is really serious, my email is
kevinrispin@gmail.com, same msn.

So far, this is what we are doing!

1. Flying from Dublin to LAX (More than likely)
2. We have a bus driver(Bren), so i am currently looking into renting a bus. Maybe one about the size of them American school buses, but we could go bigger.
If numbers are small, possibily 1 or 2 mobile home bus thingys.
Basically, either a bus for pure transport/ bus for crashing in aswell
3. Hopefully arriving in LA Tuesday or Wednesday before.
4. Head to the festival Thursday.
5. Get pissed constantly untill Monday morning, in a God sent mission to show the Americans how this side of the world does festivals!
6. Drive back to LA on Monday, return the bus(Hopefully in one piece!)

-------------------------------------
Just for the record, being the bank holiday weekend over here the week after, me and a few of the lads are going to head to San Diego and Tijuana for a few days, prob fly home from San D. Just in case anyone likes that idea!

If anyone wants to look into any details on this, feel free to give me a dig out.
I just reckon if we are all spending about 900/600 on this festival, we should really make it something special.

Open to suggestions,
Cheers
Kev

bonesdublin
01-23-2007, 11:41 AM
story boys

im up for it was just about to start a thread about flying solo cause few of the boys birds wont let them go but id gladly jump in with you lot if thats ok.

Keep me updated

eoinflannery@hotmail.com

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 12:08 PM
yep i think me & my mate will be up for that.

add me

fly to lax drive from there FUCK america up along the way! just my idea.

ciaoq
01-23-2007, 12:16 PM
we should all camp in the same area to be honest, cos the campsite is not about being up all night going mad. we did it on the friday night last year and woke up with only one tent left around us. quite proud of it actually haha

joanofarse
01-23-2007, 12:18 PM
I hear that dude, campsite is half the craic! The way it is looking, we could all prob take over a large section!

ciaoq
01-23-2007, 12:28 PM
yeah, they give you a number to camp in as you go in the door. its amazing. think i was j11 or something. we will discuss it closer to the date. how is everyone thinking of getting there? im think ing delta, stoping over in atlanta. 44o yo's. niiiiice

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 12:29 PM
english campsites, own!!!

i was readin on here earlier how they go to bed @ 1.

I was like "go to bed" at a festival.... WHAT

ciaoq
01-23-2007, 12:59 PM
nah wait till you get there. it feels right. the sun really, really takes it out of you

joanofarse
01-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Going to bed at one is just not an option dude, i've done plenty of VERY hot festivals, the right amount of water and booze will keep ya tickin as long as you need. It may not be a pisshead mentality, but i honestly don't think thats even going to have a chance of alternating my usual festival self! For the 1000 odd euros i will be spending on getting to the gig, i will have no problem being that annoyingly loud neighbour that keeps people up all night! Its a gig not a family campsite!

maddjester
01-23-2007, 01:09 PM
oi dubs! about renting a bus....you might have a hell of a time parking that thing! By the way you should all think about flying together, say your a group and get a mjor discount on airfare, crap i did from Austin to Newark to shannon to dublin for like 600USD for the x-mas new year holidays.
You know sometihng else aobut the bus..... i mean.... its friggin LA. The aiport is seriosuly smack in the middle of the city, not out in the middle of nowhere, so i think driving a bus in LA would be quite a challenge. Just rmemebr....RIGHT SIDE OF THE ROAD! anyways, good luck to y'all and if you see a columbian wearing a dub jersey at the frames...it'll be me

hangthedj112
01-23-2007, 01:15 PM
5. Get pissed constantly untill Monday morning, in a God sent mission to show the Americans how this side of the world does festivals!

I like Coachella because it's not a rowdy shithole like most european festivals.

joanofarse
01-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Ive been to a heap of festivals in Europe, and have never seen a fight and had nothing but a fantastic time. Just because you spend the weekend partying, doesn't mean the word rowdy comes into it anywhere! All smiles dude!

DanaP
01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Hey.. We're 2 girls doing a coast to coast trip in the us and theres no chance we are missing the Arctic Monkeys live... We are fond of the Irish ppl (Oxegen2006 rocked) send me an e mail and we'll chat..
Dana. useless_idana@hotmail.com

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Going to bed at one is just not an option dude, i've done plenty of VERY hot festivals, the right amount of water and booze will keep ya tickin as long as you need. It may not be a pisshead mentality, but i honestly don't think thats even going to have a chance of alternating my usual festival self! For the 1000 odd euros i will be spending on getting to the gig, i will have no problem being that annoyingly loud neighbour that keeps people up all night! Its a gig not a family campsite!

here here

bingo_caller
01-23-2007, 02:37 PM
I like Coachella because it's not a rowdy shithole like most european festivals.

racist!

back4more
01-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey mate,

I'm originally from Scotland but live in Sydney. I went over to Coachella from Australia last year as my job involves covering an event in Vegas just before it.

Bought my ticket in the pre-sale for this year's as work are flying me over again so going to milk it for all it's worth. As I will be going on my own though, it would be good to have a few people to hook up with. I met loads of cool people last year but would be good to have a craic with some Irish lads and get into it.

I've been to all the UK and Aussie festivals and a few others. You guys will have a great time at Coachella. Might be a bit diffucult to drink all day though as the bars are fenced off, so you can't take a beer out to watch a band, which sucks. Apart form that though (and the anal security staff) the set up is great. Don't forget to pack the ambre solaire though - it gets hot as f#ck!

Stu.

CuervoPH
01-23-2007, 08:27 PM
Just wanted to throw in this response. Hopefully I can make it this year (I have tix but just found out today I got hired for a new position at work so I have to approve my time off with my new boss). I'll be traveling to Coachella from Pennsylvania if I'm able to go.

However, I spent New Year's Eve in Dublin with my best friend. I had a total blast, and am glad that people from Dublin are making the trip over for Coachella. And yeah, I learned how to do New Year's proper in Dublin, so I welcome you showing me how you guys do a festival.

Daithi
01-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Hey Dubs, plannin a trip for 3 of us to the gig all the way from Cork. We'll show 'em how things are done alright although i hope none of the oxegen campsite follows us to California. Gettin pissed and havin a sing song is one thing but when i saw peoples tents being set on fire and human crap being flung around (In socks.. not messing) I decided never to go back to oxegen!

roberto73
01-24-2007, 12:59 AM
Be forewarned, guys. I've done the U.K. festival circuit over the years (Glasto, Reading/Leeds, T in the Park, and V), but have lived in the Indio area for the last ten years and gone to every Coachella. Nothing prepares you for the heat. Think 100+ temperatures for most of the day with very little shade. It takes it out of you in a way you never expect. After a day or two in the sun, a curfew suddenly makes a lot of sense. So be careful out there, yeah?

dominick
01-24-2007, 03:58 AM
Yeah Im English too and have also done (Glasto Reading/Leeds Download and Ozzfest) I going to Coachella the heat sounds mental. Id better take it easy on the booze lol

joanofarse
01-24-2007, 04:00 AM
Yeah, Oxegen last year was a disgrace, never heading back to it. I had a savage tent, 10 man, 4 poles snapped due to drunk people falling on it, and two tents beside us burned. All oxegen is now is a scumbag festival

seanironmaiden
01-24-2007, 04:14 AM
yea, there's a few of us headin over from Dundalk, lol. this is mad that there'll b aloada Irish lads over there. ha, The tent for The Frames will be like Oxegen (only warmer)

bingo_caller
01-24-2007, 04:31 AM
you would think weve not been told about global warming. Were from the uk not the north pole!

it will be fine

Dogfish
01-24-2007, 04:50 AM
Sounds like loads of people are crossing the atlantic, i'm going to be bringing myself and about 6 mates from sunny bournemouth in england.

Tequila!
01-24-2007, 05:04 AM
yea, there's a few of us headin over from Dundalk, lol. this is mad that there'll b aloada Irish lads over there. ha, The tent for The Frames will be like Oxegen (only warmer)

Aw session,myself and a few of the lads are headin over from Clonmel in Tipperary.Aw jaysus i cant wait,warmer,yeah hopefully,Oxegen was some craic but the weather was miserable as fuck.*Now wheres the drink icon?*

Philthy
01-24-2007, 07:20 AM
The temperature isn't that bad at Coachella - I'm from sunny England and have been 4 times. Of course you need sun lotion and that but it's an awesome weekend. If you're camping - your tent will be like an oven, early in the morning, so an RV or hotel is a great idea.

You see waaaay less sunburnt people there than you do at the download festival. But it's always funny to see a bunch of goth kids all dressed in black with their pink faces, necks and arms.

I'll be driving from LA to Palm Springs on Thursday 26th, so I can give people a ride if need be.

The exchange rate is amazing right now!! It's $1.98 for 1.00 Double your money!!

Disco!
01-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Right folks, at the minute I'm heading over there on my lonesome tod, so if there's a group of folks going I'd love to get in on it, although my problem with money is that I have none, so if anyone who has been before could breakdown the costs from LA through to the end of Coachella it would be much appreciated.

nabila
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
hey im planning on heading over to the coachella festival from london, so far the plan is to fly into lax on the 25th aaaaaand thats all we have planned lol deffo stay on camp but we'd be very interested in this bus adventure that seems to be going on ( 2 girls one guy) so yeah, kevin ive added you on msn hope thats ok

oh and anyone that wants to talk about all the crazy planning thats probably stressing us all out if you want add me on msn scouse0163@msn.com and we can compare flights/ideas etc ta!

Philthy
01-24-2007, 04:12 PM
A return flight to LA should cost between 245 - 300 at that time of year.

sign up with Virgin Atlantic and they email you their deals every week or so. The prices get cheaper as it gets closer.

nabila
01-25-2007, 04:35 AM
im debating whether told off booking a flight cos i reeeally wanna fly with virgin cos american airlines are awful, but at the mo flights are about 500, do you no think they'll just get more expensive closer to april..suppose its just a risk right?

sonofhal
01-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Virgin sale ended on the 23rd. (which is a week earlier than last year). I only noticed on the day and just managed to get mine in time. Don't know if they'll have another one before the festival. The American Airlines sale ends soon too, so expect them to also go up to around the 500 mark.

randy ricochet
01-25-2007, 07:26 AM
Be forewarned, guys. I've done the U.K. festival circuit over the years (Glasto, Reading/Leeds, T in the Park, and V), but have lived in the Indio area for the last ten years and gone to every Coachella. Nothing prepares you for the heat. Think 100+ temperatures for most of the day with very little shade. It takes it out of you in a way you never expect. After a day or two in the sun, a curfew suddenly makes a lot of sense. So be careful out there, yeah?

Fuckin' hell, have none of you british kids ever been on holiday!!!!?..its only 3 days with a bit of sun!....drink a bit of water after every pint and you'll be reet!!!!!

mollach
01-25-2007, 02:19 PM
just a couple thoughts.
flying into lax is a zoo. ontario is halway between la and *****. cheapest point of entry but i don't know about connecting from shannon.
mobile homes are pretty pricey but googling them for la or ontario should work.
the other option is to rent a uhaul moving truck and stirng up hammocks side to side.

coop_uk
01-25-2007, 02:30 PM
Im coming from bournemouth, england. Trying to get flights to palm springs from gatwick and transfer at dallas. good for driving it tho from LAX :)

coop_uk
01-25-2007, 02:32 PM
hi kev, didnt see you there :)

booked 2 tickets on the pre sale tonight

crazzz2007
01-25-2007, 02:36 PM
F*ckin hell, didn't expect this much of a response. Nice one. In response to everyones comments, see below! For anyone who is really serious, my email is
kevinrispin@gmail.com, same msn.

So far, this is what we are doing!

1. Flying from Dublin to LAX (More than likely)
2. We have a bus driver(Bren), so i am currently looking into renting a bus. Maybe one about the size of them American school buses, but we could go bigger.
If numbers are small, possibily 1 or 2 mobile home bus thingys.
Basically, either a bus for pure transport/ bus for crashing in aswell
3. Hopefully arriving in LA Tuesday or Wednesday before.
4. Head to the festival Thursday.
6. Drive back to LA on Monday, return the bus(Hopefully in one piece!)

-------------------------------------
Just for the record, being the bank holiday weekend over here the week after, me and a few of the lads are going to head to San Diego and Tijuana for a few days, prob fly home from San D. Just in case anyone likes that idea!

If anyone wants to look into any details on this, feel free to give me a dig out.
I just reckon if we are all spending about 900/600 on this festival, we should really make it something special.

Open to suggestions,
Cheers
Kev

the last thing you should do after coming here all the way from dublin is to go to tijuana. seriously, worst idea ever. tijuana is a shit hole. other than cheap liquor and ugly ass prostitutes, many of whom are men, there is nothing to do there. if i were you, i'd head to vegas after coachella.

joanofarse
01-25-2007, 04:04 PM
Funny you say that, vegas is on the cards aswell. Tijuana is only gonna be for a day anyway. cheers for the advice tho.

Ollie says hi to everyone involved in this thread. When you meet him at the festival, i promise you will never forget him!

Kev

shoveitupmytoolbox
01-25-2007, 04:56 PM
Great to see some many Irish people coming over for Coachella. I live in San Francisco (but from Limerick) and we're heading down as well. Just to let you know if you are hiring an RV or BUS you might have problems parking it on the grounds - I'm not sure but just check on the FAQ or with PsychicFriend to make sure they allow it. I know for sure that they won't allow you to sleep in it (you'll have to camp) if you do park it on grounds. We hired an RV 2 years back but parked it in an RV park nearby. As for the heat - it's fucking crazy - nothing like you've experienced anywhere else in the world - 100 degrees dead heat no moisture. It was 105 the year before and I swear to god it was nuts. As much as you think you can get pissed in it you won't physically be able to drink a huge amount of lager - and you'll be absolutely bollixed if you do. Last year we had a house nearby and got boozed up in the pool during the day and headed to the gigs later on - then had a few leaisurely pints during the concerts. It's a great festival - all my Irish mates who've come over for it have said it's the best in the world - even if you can't booze in front of the stages... I saw some videos of oxegen - coachella puts it to shame. Plus with the strength of the euro right now and the mad prices at home you'll probably spend the same amount flying over to sunny california!

Expect some of this quality http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Bn5jdr294

NoHug4U
01-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Hell yeah...my friend and I (two girls), are landing in LAX and need a ride to the festival and this bus thing sounds awesome. If you still have room, we're definitely interested, let me know....Tijuana was amazing by the way....if you drink enough you'll forget it's a shithole and it becomes the most amazing place ever.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Shout out to the Irish! I'm a Scot living in Milwaukee (home of Miller Beer and Harley Davidson). Just got my tickets today, looking forward to April!

I've done a few Lollapaloozas and in 2005 it was 108 degrees, so I can echo that all those not used to the heat, don't think "aw great, I'll get a fantastic tan". Finding shade and conserving energy are pretty important.

Drink lots (of water), have fun and save the heavy drinking for each night after the show!

See yiz at The Frames!

ckgurl
01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
hooray lots of british/irish coming. I'm from LA (but only recently moved from London) and I'm missing the british/irish company. lets go get together, sing song, and drink.

i'm down for the bus if you guys get it happening.

xpam

crazzz2007
01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Hell yeah...my friend and I (two girls), are landing in LAX and need a ride to the festival and this bus thing sounds awesome. If you still have room, we're definitely interested, let me know....Tijuana was amazing by the way....if you drink enough you'll forget it's a shithole and it becomes the most amazing place ever.

That's the first time i've heard the words "Tijuana" and "amazing" in the same sentence. I suppose if you drink enough, anyplace would seem amazing. But for tijuana to seem amazing, you would really have to drink a LOT of alcohol.

joanofarse
01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Oh yeah, my msn is kevinrispin@gmail.com for anybody really serious in getting this sh*t going! A good few people have added me, good place for getting some details organised. Also, anybody who knows LA, we need a good meeting point! Also, someone asked me when we are heading over... Probably the tuesday before, spend a few days in LA, then San D after the gig for a week!

joanofarse
01-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Ye ever been to Bratislava?? Alcohol made that place nice for me!!

NoHug4U
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
That's the first time i've heard the words "Tijuana" and "amazing" in the same sentence. I suppose if you drink enough, anyplace would seem amazing. But for tijuana to seem amazing, you would really have to drink a LOT of alcohol.

We definitely did...and what was with the donkeys painted to look like zebras? I felt bad for the little fellas.

maith an fear
01-26-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm a dub liviing in New York and just booked my ticks and flights, arriving into lax thursday morn. Looking to hook up with people to get from la to the festival.
Cait fuckin wait for this, being to festivals in ireland so looking forward to see how its done stateside.
Not too hot on the frames though.

John Peel is My Co-pilot
01-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Me and the lad are staying in a hotel in Palm Desert. If we stuck our thumb out would the Celts bus pick us up?

Hehe...

roscoemule
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM
the last thing you should do after coming here all the way from dublin is to go to tijuana. seriously, worst idea ever. tijuana is a shit hole. other than cheap liquor and ugly ass prostitutes, many of whom are men, there is nothing to do there. if i were you, i'd head to vegas after coachella.

I would second that notion. San Diego is great. I go there all the time. Saw Radiohead there last June. Then we thought it'd be a great idea to go to Tijuana the next day and have some fun. With the exception of the Somas we brought back, it was one of the least favorite days of my life.

markomcg
01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
This is madness. My mate says to me the other day "Rage are gettin back together for 1 gig in California. That would be amazing", and that was it. 1 day later and theres 4 of us all set, getting the tickets as soon as they go on sale. Sure it'll be my last week of 2nd year of college, but what a way of spending it. F*** the college summer balls, Coachella all the way.

Ahh and what would a festival be without the Frames, the staple irish music diet!!! Honestly, do they follow contingents of irish to gigs? Dont get me wrong i like them but is seems they're always there. And who knows, if were lucky maybe even Mundy will walk on and play with them, eh?

Cant wait, see everyone there

idrive1life
01-26-2007, 08:06 PM
See you Mark! Be safe and please bring some Guiness for me.

MrRob
01-27-2007, 05:54 AM
dub boys! you need to represent the four courners of the uk on this bus o love, if you want 4 lads from cardiff, (not native, students) we are saying bolox to the last year of our degree and heading over, flying into lax the same day as you! we are worried about the bit on the faq for the camping that says no beer to be brought in, but cocktails available from a clubhouse! whats all that about?? we are seasoned festivalites, and ar planning on starting the mission, in tribute to hunter s tompson with a couple of tape recorders strapped to our chests in a bit of a haze.... rep the uk all the way!

snowgirl_69
01-27-2007, 06:48 AM
hey guys!!! me and my fella arecoming from Cornwall..so...how hot are we talking at this festival??

cant wait, bring on RATM!!!

markomcg
01-27-2007, 09:15 AM
And we are official!!!! Just got 4 3 day passes and 4 camping tickets. Cant wait, im much moreexcited about this than about me going to NYC on monday. Which is stupid, but slightly understandable!!!!

Roll on April 24th.

SpartanKing
01-27-2007, 09:15 AM
do you guys even have tiickets?

jerpar24
01-27-2007, 10:24 AM
Just to let you guys know it will be very hot...I live in Cali and I might get a house for the weekend so if any of you need a place to stay...I'm pretty sure I might have a place...But I won't be sure until 2 weeks from now...

thaipod
01-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I'll second/third/fourth the sentiment that the heat of Coachella will take a lot out of you and make you want to sleep.

Meadowsmeister
01-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Look out for my great big St. Georges flag!

Comin from liverpool, cant wait.

FakePlasticMe
01-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Story friends,

There are 8 lads from Dublin heading across to this gig, thinking about maybe renting a bus/large camper van (One of the lads has full bus licence! Go on Dublin Bus!). Just an idea, but if there are anybody who would like to jump on the bandwagon, Irish or otherwise, your input would be appreciated. Looking to hear from any groups/people who reckon they are up to some serious festival partying!

Talk to ya,

Kev

:thu

If you guys are arcade fire fans, you should join the group camp we're starting.....we'd love to have you.

joanofarse
01-28-2007, 05:14 AM
All of us love the Arcade Fire, they are the 2nd biggest band i wanna see!! Were all about the group camping, need a load of campsite partiers together!!

Adoglass
04-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Just reading all these comments gettin well fired up 2weeks time!!

8 of us coming over from Dublin (Santry & Finglas) and cannot wait! Roll on next Thursday 2weeks!

Rainie
04-06-2008, 06:34 AM
And 1 more representing the Northside!! Oh Yeah

NuttyVic
04-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Im comming from LONNDOOON!!!!! :D

Veloco22
04-06-2008, 11:27 PM
UP THE IRISH!!! I ran into some irish dudes last year at the camp grounds and they gave me and my friends some vodka and had us take the vodka challenge. I wanna meet more irish ladies this year!!!ERIN GO DEO!!!

Red WJ
04-07-2008, 01:05 AM
Hello

Myself and my friend are from Dublin and Carlow and we will see u there....on a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you?!!Fancy a jar??

jazzz
04-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Hello

Myself and my friend are from Dublin and Carlow and we will see u there....on a scale of 1 to 10 how excited are you?!!Fancy a jar??

YES! Please bring a jar of Mike Scott and that lil' Steve Wickham if you will. That way people in the desert fecken" understand The Waterboys were before Arcade Fire. And our the best band ever!.

Red WJ
04-07-2008, 01:54 AM
YES! Please bring a jar of Mike Scott and that lil' Steve Wickham if you will. That way people in the desert fecken" understand The Waterboys were before Arcade Fire. And our the best band ever!.

Alright Ill do my best!!!
Here in my arms.........wuhoo hoo!

mantra
04-07-2008, 07:07 AM
oh god

MissingPerson
04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
I'm not going, but do us a favour and make sure y'all represent us well. Get the good kind of drunk. Good vibes and sincere Arcade Fire love, mind yereselves.

MarkO
04-07-2008, 11:04 PM
I didn't think there were this many Paddies on the board.

Up Wicklow !!

Rainie
04-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Oh yes Mark O.. We are everywhere..

MissingPerson
04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Like a weird, especially sunburn-prone Fight Club.

Bud Luster
04-08-2008, 06:42 PM
UK gals, cute sweet and down to earth. DOnt forget to bring em', we can do a swap!

MarkO
04-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Oh yes Mark O.. We are everywhere..

Are you in Ireland now ?

Whats the story with this Heineken green energy festival at Dublin Castle ? Nick Cave is the Sat night headliner but I'll be damned if I can find out anything else. Is there even a support act ?

Also, any info on Malahide Castle would be appreciated. Is it just one big open field or ??

MissingPerson
04-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Last time I was at Malahide Castle, it was the usual open/ barriered festival field show, I presume that's always the set up.

I'll keep an ear out about the Nick Cave thing, but yeah, I haven't heard much about it.

DaFunkyPrecedent
04-09-2008, 07:46 PM
come to our campsite! look for a bunch of crazy kids in bright colors and a My Morning Jacket Flag flying in air!

Rainie
04-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Yep Mark O, living up it in sunny Dublin.. NOT

How bizarre!! Why is there nothing on line for this years Heieken Festival??? From what I remember there isn't a support act for the Dublin Castle gigs.. Excellent venue btw.. GREAT acoutics.. Not to big a crowd.. I saw Snow Patrol there a few years back.
It's a pretty big event with loads of smallers gigs all over town and 3 major acts in the castle. NC &TBS on Saturday, Radio Soulwax on Sunday and The Kooks on Monday... It's always the bank holiday weekend..

As for Malahide castle , yeah I think Missingperson is right usual field show..Like Slane on a much much smaller scale..

Oh and DFP, MMJ are the reason I'm coming to the desert.. I'll come find yis!!

JoePie
04-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Try renting a condo at the Indian Palms Country Club they've got sepcial festival deals. Me, my brother and his bird are flying over from Norwich, our other brother lives in LA and has sorted us out a place there with it's own pool. We're getting well excited about showing those septics how to drink. Although having been to a wedding outside Dublin last year we're amatuers compared to you boys. Be good to bump into some of you for a beer at some point. We're all 6'-4" and will be wearing cricket hats.

AUDIOJUNKIES
04-13-2008, 01:20 PM
hey a ton of us are coming from england. good to see there are alot of us making the journey across the atlantic. makes me happy!

Jed
well kinda