PDA

View Full Version : VOODOO EXPERIENCE 2012 NEW ORLEANS

RODGERRAMJET
04-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Anyone here ever attended Voodoo Fest (The Voodoo Experience Music Festival) in New Orleans? Comments? Insights? Any idea who is playing there this year?

stinkbutt
04-20-2012, 01:38 PM
I would guess RHCP, Skrillex and something that is ok. This lineup is usually pretty shitty, which is unfortunate. Considering it's location it could be really fun

wompwomp
04-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I went a few years ago. Really fantastic festival. Great set up and being in New Orleans during Halloween is insane. I would definitely like to get back one year.

hymbe2
04-24-2012, 01:24 AM
I used to live in New Orleans and work at the festival.

The lineups are hit or miss, I haven't been a huge fan the past 1-2 years but the few years before that had some great stuff. The venue is great, City Park in New Orleans which is a beautiful park with an abundance of oak trees and shade. The festival is Halloween weekend, so it's a special time for the city that doesn't need an excuse to party anyway, and the weather is fantastic.

They struggle with aftershows, which they promise every year but don't fully deliver on. The festival has also seen some trouble with some organization since the production company's head, Steve Rehage, has been involved in a recent rape allegation. It's less of a big deal than people make it, but for sure it's caused some trouble.

Buy your 3-day pass when they go on sale and it might be the most economical festival you've ever attended.