PDA

View Full Version : WHEN WILL DJ SHADOW PLAY

jjbaldwi
03-30-2007, 12:40 AM
I have seen shadow solo and with the quannum crew and both times were awesome. I wonder where and when he'll play. hopefully closing somewhere at same time as bjork.

andrewz
03-30-2007, 07:31 AM
I saw him in Vegas a few months ago on The Outsider tour. He played plenty of old favorites, but insisted on playing a lot of the new album. He brought out Nump for "Keep Em Close", which was OK, and brought out dumb British guy (who looked embarrassed to be onstage) for "Erase You", which stopped the crowd dead in it's tracks and provided some dead time to grab another drink, and played a couple songs like "Seein' Thangs" in front of a projected image of someone rapping, which was just awful. But closing out the night with a loooong version of "Organ Donor" made you forget all about The Outsider. I think most people wish he would just disown that album and release something new soon.

summerkid
03-30-2007, 07:33 AM
i think he'll play around 5-8 anywhere in that time frame is when he'll start.

ttboy80
03-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Whatever timeframe is set aside for amazing artists with super shitty recent albums... so probably at the same time as RJD2, chili peppers, and J5.

GaragePoet
03-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Whatever timeframe is set aside for amazing artists with super shitty recent albums... so probably at the same time as RJD2, chili peppers, and J5.

dude, "Stadium Arcadium" is easily RHCP's best album since "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" .... and RJD2 & J5 aren't even on the line-up, so what the hell are you talking about?

rage patton
03-30-2007, 01:07 PM

Haha.
I dont consider Stadium Arcadium shitty, but it really is nowhere near as good as thier past stuff.
J5 just broke up, so unfortunately, thier last album was nota good representation of thier music.
And who are RJD2?... I cant figure out who you mean. Ronnie James Dio II?

dalethethug
03-30-2007, 01:16 PM
i have to agree
RJD2 was amazing until his last album. DJ shadow's new album sounds like im in a trendy club, and I haven't heard any of J5's new stuff but now im kinda scared to... I think these guys need to take a loong break and think about what direction their music is headed.

That70sdesperado
03-30-2007, 02:15 PM
"Stadium Arcadium" is easily RHCP's best album since "Blood Sugar Sex Magik"

I disagree. I think "Stadium Arcadium" was was better than "By the Way," but I think that "Californication" is their best since "Blood, Sugar Sex Magik."

rage patton
03-30-2007, 02:32 PM
I disagree. I think "Stadium Arcadium" was was better than "By the Way," but I think that "Californication" is their best since "Blood, Sugar Sex Magik."

I agree.

But seriously, who are RJD2?

unknown
03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
RJD2 is known best as a producer... he was on the def jux label.... he hooked up with Blueprint and they were Soul Position together. I guess he left def jux to go with XL Records. maybe that's why his last album is being considered as an amazing artist with a recent shitty album...

SmokesQuantity
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
RJD2 is a (primarily) hip-hop producer/DJ. He is a very similar artist to DJ Shadow . Much like DJ Shadow, his most recent album is his worst to date.

http://www.myspace.com/rjd2

If you want to know why people think he is so great, then pick up "Dead Rringer" and (to a lesser extent) "Since We Last Spoke"

Boourns
03-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Ahahhaha, classic. Don't forget Weezer, Franz Ferdinand, NIN (well, With Teeth was horrible enough for me to never bother with Year Zero, but I bet that sucks as well), Tori Amos, Fiery Furnaces, Flaming Lips, Clap Your Hands...(oh wait, they never had a good album).

instinct
03-31-2007, 01:54 AM
RJD2 would be an amazing addition.. I hope he's on next year.

Is it me, or does entroducing have the coolest intro ever?

ttboy80
04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the love :)

Hmm... who else at coachella would fall under this position?

orbit
04-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Is it me, or does entroducing have the coolest intro ever?

Best debut album ever

crazzz2007
04-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Best debut album ever

worst april fools joke ever