PDA

View Full Version : Sick during Coachella :(

srirchi
04-18-2012, 05:51 PM
So this is going to be my second year in a row going to coachella. And at this rate, it's also going to be my second year going while ill. I don't ever get sick really, but for some reason, I always tend to have some issues during the weekend I want to go to. Last year, I spent the Thursday before with a horrible fever, Friday with bad congestion, Saturday with an unbearable cough and sore throat, and Sunday was a combination of it.
I really don't want to go through that again this year, because it really felt like hell during the downtime parts. Any advice on how to fix this before it gets any worse?

Grant
04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
allergies? antihistamines. go to the doctor maybe? :/

gaypalmsprings
04-18-2012, 05:54 PM
Lots of sleep & liquids. Chill & relax to save your energy.

anonimouse
04-18-2012, 07:11 PM
hydrate like a mofo, rest, and if youre still feeling it when youre there just take it easy during the day. its going to be HOT this weekend. listen to your body

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-18-2012, 07:16 PM
my wife got really sick on Friday and we missed most of the day because of it. I feel your pain. Take things as easy as possible and med up before you go in.

tigermilkboy
04-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I started feeling a cold coming on Friday. I hit the zicam, vitamins, orange juice and lots of water. Sure beat that cold.

Mike Litoris
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
As soon as we pulled in on Thursday night I immediately got a sore throat and congestion because of all the crap flying around in the air. Make sure to wear some kind of mask!

theGold
04-18-2012, 08:11 PM
If it tends to happen at a specific time of year, it miht actually be severe allergies. Check with a doc to see if thats the case. Otherwise, drink a shit ton of water, take multivitamins, emergen-c, stay away from sugars, fried food, etc... all that junk raises cortisol levels and takes away precious resources that your body would otherwise be using to fight infection.

srirchi
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Thanks everyone! :)
I'm staying hydrated and having lots of Emergen-C and soup so hopefully things will go well!

gaypalmsprings
04-18-2012, 08:19 PM
The food at the vendors is more suspect on the hot days. Careful what you eat.

threeve
04-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Chug a bunch of green tea. Hope you feel fine! Definitely grab some allergy/sinus meds to take in with you and drink lots and lots of water!