PDA

View Full Version : Who were you FRONT ROW for?????

sk8njam
04-17-2012, 10:49 PM
well i guess theres no rows haha, but who did you see right up close??? heres my list of artists that i was up front for

explosions in the sky/outdoor (people were talkin em up all day so i checked em out, plus refused was right after so it was a win-win)
refused/outdoor (but then i joined the pit as soon as we opened it up)
Arctic Monkeys/main stage (not really a big fav of mine but they put on a great show)
Feist/outdoor (first time seeing them, man theyre badass)
SUB FOCUS/mojave (dope ass set)
Dear Hunter (sick band, crowd wasnt really big though yet, they were early friday)
SebastiAn/Sahara (never heard of him til friday, definitely had some fun in there)
Death Grips/Mojave (sick ass grooves, the drummer was too sick)
The Rapture/Mojave (met a real cool girl here, i got her # and we met up later that night)
Zeds Dead/Sahara ( i honestly went cuz of the pulp fiction reference haha, never heard em til that day)
VISION/sahara (its not NOISIA haha,theres no A, its an upside down V...then flip it) .....at least thats what several people told me haha
Beats Antique/Mojave (so fucking glad i wandered to this tent at this time, what a sickass groovy band)
Flux Pavilion/Doctor P/sahara (i had no idea someone was stabbed until today)
Gotye/mojave (ive only heard that one song before, but these girls i was camping with wanted to check em out and we planned on meeting up to roll some jays)
At The Drive In/Main stage (ahhhhh!!!!!!! this was my "radiohead",so stoked i got a last minute wristband....refused and atdi were definitely on my top bands to see)
Dre/Snoop/Eminem/Wiz/50 Cent/Ghost Tupac/Warren G/main stage (i was already up front for ATDI, so i just stayed where i was at...ghost tupac was crazy, but a lil creepy too haha)

ods..
04-17-2012, 11:00 PM
I wasn't up front for too many sets this weekend (the problems of having a huge crew and trying to meet up at a lot of sets) but what I did see up front I made count.

Kendrick Lamar (so sick, so worth it, had a blast)
The Dear Hunter (not bad, definitely better because I was close)
EMA (perfect. insanely easy to be front row)

St. Vincent (incredible, could have been even closer but liked the sound where I was at)
Bon Iver (amazing sound on mainstage, maybe the best sound of the whole festival, so full)
Radiohead (favorite set of the day even though they played nothing I wanted them to. solidified they are my favorite band in the world)

Metronomy (great vibes in the sun for the first time all weekend)
Seun Kuti (see above, danced so hard, zombie was amazing)
Real Estate (they sound SO GOOD LIVE, and had that entire tent grooving. three or four people asked me who they were outside the tent when I left, that's how awesome they sounded)
Thundercat (Got real close and danced. the band sounded amazing live. LOVED seeing my friend Austin on the keys, wasn't sure if he was playing so that was an awesome suprise. Maybe the most musically talented band to play on Sunday. Up there with Seun Kuti.)

CasualJJ
04-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I had guest passes...so pretty much every band.

sk8njam
04-17-2012, 11:30 PM
I had guest passes...so pretty much every band.

does that mean you get "side-stage" or somethin?

xuclarockerx
04-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Real Estate (they sound SO GOOD LIVE, and had that entire tent grooving. three or four people asked me who they were outside the tent when I left, that's how awesome they sounded)

LOL "can't ya read the sign???"

I was in the front row for Housse de Racket. That was awesome.

MissM
04-17-2012, 11:34 PM
I had Safari, which is same as Artist but with camping included. Up front on the rail for:

SHM
Porter Robinson
Dada Life
Kaskade
Alesso
Sebastian Ingrosso
Calvin Harris
Repeat-chi (oh wait, Avicii) <-- walked out 4 songs into it because they all sounded like Levels

Got to meet a lot of ppl backstage, too! SWEEEET!

Happy Coachella everyone! Wish I was going back for this weekend.

xanman86
04-18-2012, 12:22 AM
Front for Yuck's sound check, all of Godspeed, all of Beats Antique and very close to the front for all of The Weekend, ATDI, and Dre and Snoop. Amazing weekend!

TheWatcher
04-18-2012, 05:19 AM
the Dear Hunter
James
Jimmy Cliff & Tim Armstrong
Arctic Monkeys
Pulp
Tijuana Panthers
Keep Shelley in Athens
the Vaccines
fIREHOSE
Buzzcocks (that was crazy!!!)
Gardens & Villa
Fitz and the Tantrums
the Hives

tharris
04-18-2012, 08:37 AM
The only band I tried for up front for was Pulp, but the other just sort of happened in the mad rush between acts:

Pulp
St Vincent
Flying Lotus (actually tried moving back a bit to protect my girlfriend because the crowd was just so crazy)
Wild Beasts
Amon Tobin (was middle-ish but was pretty close after people started leaving early on realizing it wasn't a dance party).

Can we take this opportunity to talk about something?

When you arrive at a stage, please only go to the point where people are crowded in. If you can't comfortably walk in front of someone, don't. I've never been to a festival or concert with this many people shoving their way up front. If you really want to be up front, get there early. I put in my time with Pulp, getting there a couple of acts in advance. Don't try to arrive 5 minutes before they start and try to shove your way in front of me telling me, "Sorry, but I'm like their biggest fan!"

On the opposite end of the spectrum, don't get upset if you've left 4 or 5 feet of space between you and the person in front of you and someone comes and stands in front of you. You're just being selfish if you're expecting a giant radius of personal space at a concert.

paulb
04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Santigold, NERO were the only ones I was against a barricade for...

Neighborhood Creep
04-18-2012, 08:41 AM
ADTI > Dre & Snoop was all.

Nealocus
04-18-2012, 08:44 AM
The Sheepdogs
Gary Clark Jr.
Tijuana Panthers
Childish Gambino
Kasabian
Justice
Florence + the Machine
Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg

bremex
04-18-2012, 08:56 AM
Kasabian
Pulp
Hives
Noel G
Black Keys
Arctic Monkeys
Ximena Sariņana
Hello Seahorse!
Fitz and the T

amyzzz
04-18-2012, 09:03 AM
DJ Shadow, which was a mistake.

PlayaDelWes
04-18-2012, 09:07 AM
St. Vincent
Laura Marling
Girl Talk
Florence and the Machine
Wild Flag
Growlers
The Vaccines
Ximena Sariņana

PulpOne
04-18-2012, 10:14 AM
ATDI, Black Lips

Goatchella
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM

Wtf?

Why you say that Amy?

KickerConspiracy
04-18-2012, 10:23 AM
On the opposite end of the spectrum, don't get upset if you've left 4 or 5 feet of space between you and the person in front of you and someone comes and stands in front of you. You're just being selfish if you're expecting a giant radius of personal space at a concert.

This. My girlfriend had a particularly hard time grasping this concept, that if you are standing in a crowd and space opens up in front of you, you have to move forward to fill it or someone is just going to stand in front of you. Not so bad for us - I'm 6'1" and she's 5'9" or so, but still, you'd think by the third day she'd have the hang of it. :)

I was also up front only for Pulp and Arctic Monkeys (the mosh pit opened directly behind me - I was one person from the rail a little left of center). Other shows, mostly in the Mojave, I could have easily gotten to the front with a little more effort, but I was fine where I was at.

Sigur Ros Stache
04-18-2012, 10:24 AM
Wolf Gang
Dragonette
Squeeze
Kasabian
Sleeper Agent

Alchemy
04-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Thundercat

I was also pretty up close to Kaiser Chiefs and Noel Gallagher.

DFrank
04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Santigold and Fitz&TheTantrums.

Santigold was amazing, i wish she had a set time an hour or so later.

CasualJJ
04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
does that mean you get "side-stage" or somethin?There was a "Guest Viewing Area" in the front of the stage along the rail that we had access to, and could also go backstage and through the artist compound. It was great not having to worry about showing up to shows early.

frizzlefry
04-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Madness
Flying Lotus
Sean Kuti and Egypt 80 (kind of just walked up)

jher011
04-18-2012, 11:14 AM
Hate to brag but I had front row for all bands since I had a Photo Pass. First time ever with a Photo Pass and it was AWESOME! No Coachella will be the same without it : (

girmaff420
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
I was behind the people on the railing at Zeds Dead, which was the craziest fucking crowd I saw at Coachella. Most pits everywhere around me. Also right at the front for Modeselektor, which was sick. So much fucking bass at that show, they sounded fucking gnarly.

motionnn77
04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Right up front, dead center for Beats Antique, Lucent Dossier. Tried to get up front but got close for Pulp. Up front for Buzzcocks. Other bands I was close and very comfortable, even though I could have made it to the front: The Horrors, Sub-Focus, The Big Pink, Band of Skulls, Gotye, Borgore.

JustSteve
04-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Hate to brag but I had front row for all bands since I had a Photo Pass. First time ever with a Photo Pass and it was AWESOME! No Coachella will be the same without it : (

front row...for 3 songs.

subby33
04-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Gotye.

And some early sets like Other Lives and some Saraha stuff, but that was easy cuz it was fairly not crowded early on. So those dont count.

I had a lot more fun this year not trying to stake out spots up close. However, there were a couple of bands in tents I knew would be crowded so I planned ahead. Because I hate seeing tent shows outside of the tent. So I got there early for Gotye.

kroqken
04-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I was in the front row all day Friday at the Coachella stage (except for Swedish House Mafia, because I left to see the Horrors), all day Saturday at the Coachella stage and all day Sunday at the Outdoor Theatre. I am sure a fellow board member snapped a few shots of me there because they have in past years.

Jakedeez
04-18-2012, 01:25 PM
The Sheepdogs
Gary Clark Jr.
Tijuana Panthers
Childish Gambino
Kasabian
Justice
Florence + the Machine
Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg

How the hell did you get front row for Florence and Dre/Snoop. Impossible

trakball
04-18-2012, 01:29 PM
fIREHOSE and Company Flow

fireboi
04-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Givers
Fitz and the Tantrums
Madness
Tijuana Panthers
Mizzy Star
Refused
First Aid Kit
honeyhoney

JustSteve
04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
can't get more front row than this for atdi, me and another guy had an empty photo pit all to ourselves....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/545188_3368794272427_1646337407_2674073_1609011782 _n.jpg

Josh_Garrett
04-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Wolf Gang, Other Lives, Grouplove, Wu LYF, Frank Ocean, Black keys, Swedish house mafia, Keep Shelley in Athens, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Childish Gambino, The head and the Heart, Andrew Bird, I was in the 3rd or 4th row for the shins, Bon Iver, and Radiohead, First Aid Kit, Real Estate, Dada Life, Justice, ATDI

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Jeff Mangum. That is all.

threeve
04-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Only Gary Clark Jr., but close for Arctic Monkeys and Band of Skulls. Decided that as a short lady I have better sight lines if I'm a little further back and somewhere on the soundboard barrier. Much more enjoyable than getting 2nd or 3rd row deep but being mushed up against some tall person.

thom cobain
04-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Shadow

theklein25
04-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Abe Vigoda
Yuck
Neon Indian
Arctic Monkeys
Refused
Vaccines
Awolnation
Kaiser Chiefs
Sleeper Agent
The Hives

DJ Sin
04-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Santigold
Beats Antique
Noisia
Awolnation
Jimmy Cliff

Nealocus
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
How the hell did you get front row for Florence and Dre/Snoop. Impossible

We left Florence during the middle of Dog Days and pushed our way through the right side of Snoop. We didn't get like front row but I mean we were pretty close up considering there was like what, 50,000 people there? Right behind VIP area.

gaypalmsprings
04-18-2012, 08:15 PM
fIREHOSE
Azaelea Banks
Buzzcocks
Porter Robinson
Dada Life

Dro323
04-18-2012, 10:45 PM
I wasn't up front for too many sets this weekend (the problems of having a huge crew and trying to meet up at a lot of sets) but what I did see up front I made count.

Kendrick Lamar (so sick, so worth it, had a blast)

How early did you arrive? How close did you get?

I really want to see Kendrick's performance.

abbeyroad 04
04-20-2012, 08:44 PM
Vaccines, Spector, Kasabian.

IceyHotshot
04-20-2012, 08:50 PM
I was on the rail in the exact center for everything on the Outdoor Stage Saturday until and including Jeff Mangum. So in addition to Jeff that included Suedehead, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Destroyer, Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, tUnE-yArDs, and Andrew Bird. Totally worth it, what an amazing day that was.

romanticizer
04-20-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm used to be all up in the front but played it cool. I'm too old even now for that garbage. I was only in the front for Sub Focus and the Horrors.

Coachella Bound
04-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Godspeed..... and that was enough. Woooooah.

Pleasantly enjoyed most sets from right of the soundboard area.

Phantasma Del Mar
04-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Atari Teenage Riot
Godspeed
Justice > ATDI > Dr.Dre

Sejali
04-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Laura Marling, St. Vincent, and sorta for Real Estate, though I was off to the side more than up front.

swhite423
04-21-2012, 04:59 PM
Real Estate. but, I was pretty damn close for everybody.

Twattycakes
04-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Just watched Godspeed front row tonight, Woooooah indeed.

DeadSkin
04-22-2012, 07:54 AM
How can you gauge how many rows back you are when its pandemonium? I was front for Frank Ocean, Sleeper Agent, The Dear Hunter, and Dre & Snoop

Ey3con
04-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Refused! And today I will be for ATDI (hopefully).

http://youtu.be/zLNCcWCnXRI

ET MB 90266
04-22-2012, 12:09 PM
I had Safari, which is same as Artist but with camping included. Up front on the rail for:

SHM
Porter Robinson
Dada Life
Kaskade
Alesso
Sebastian Ingrosso
Calvin Harris
Repeat-chi (oh wait, Avicii) <-- walked out 4 songs into it because they all sounded like Levels

Got to meet a lot of ppl backstage, too! SWEEEET!

Happy Coachella everyone! Wish I was going back for this weekend.

You paid $5,000 for Safari camping and you went front row for all of those DJs? You might as well saved your money and bought a backstage pass to EDC

sk8njam
04-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Refused! And today I will be for ATDI (hopefully).

http://youtu.be/zLNCcWCnXRI

is the lineup still the same as last weekend??? if it is work your way up front during justice's set...thats what i did

Cheddar's Cousin
04-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Buzzcocks

Until I jumped in the pit.

erinbr
04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Shins, Bon Iver, Radiohead...! best experience. Everyone was soooooooo friendly. Except there was this one girl and her boyfriend who shoved their way up 10 min before the set started for Radiohead. We were all up against the rail and she pretended to be sick and crying saying she needed water and we all got the security attention to lift her over the bar....we got her to the bar and he went to pick her up and she was like "Oh no i'm fine now, thanks." 5 girls next to me literally grabbed her and pushed her back. If you don't put in the time to wait don't be rude and shove your way to the front! anyways....

FEELS
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Jeff Mangum both weekends
Girls weekend 2
Buzzcocks weekend 1
Pulp weekend 2

zachattacks11
04-25-2012, 07:42 PM
Radiohead
Justice
St. Vincent
First Aid Kit
The Rapture
Grace Potter
EMA
M. Ward
Other Lives
Wild Flag

SepaGroove
04-25-2012, 07:59 PM
MODESELEKTOR

menikmati
04-25-2012, 08:04 PM
GYBE

nine day brawl
04-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Godspeed
Shadow

suprefan
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
well i guess theres no rows haha, but who did you see right up close??? heres my list of artists that i was up front for

Derp:

Wolf Gang
Other Lives
Honeyhoney
Hello Seahorse
Kendrick Lamar
Yuck
James
Gary Clark Jr
Grouplove
Girls
Arctic Monkeys
Madness
M Ward
Pulp
Frank Ocean
Wu Lyf
Mazzy Star
M83
The Black Keys
Refused
Spector
The Vaccines
We Were Promised Jetpacks
Dragonette
The Black Lips
Childish Gambino
Destroyer
Grace Potter
The Big Pink
fIREHOSE
Tune Yards
Kaiser Chiefs
Andrew Bird
Noel Gallagher
St Vincent
Feist
Flying Lotus
Bon Iver
Miike Snow
Le Butcherettes
Metronomy
First Aid Kit
Seun Kuti
Santigold
Fitz And The Tantrums
The Growlers
Real Estate
Wild Flag
The Hives
The Weeknd
Gotye
Justice
Beirut
Florence And The Machine
Modeselektor
Dr Dre

IceyHotshot
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
supre, I saw you taking pics at all those outdoor stage shows on Saturday. I would have said hi, but you were busy taking pics.

ods..
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
So you were front for Gotye and the Weeknd. Uh huh.

ods..
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
And Feist and Fly lo and Bon Iver. uh huh.

eimie
04-25-2012, 09:29 PM
Le Butcherettes (top sets of both weekends).
Then Santigold Weekend 2 after having seen her tell people to jump the fence the weekend before.
Then Fitz->ATDI after accidentally sneaking into the Guests section following the Santigold onstage dancing.
Was looking forward to capturing perfect video/pictures for Dre/Snoop, but then some security guard started randomly shining his flashlight on people's bracelets, so I had to slip 3 rows back (ugh).

theklein25
04-25-2012, 10:29 PM

Maybe I entered the conversation late, so i might be missing out on some inside joke, but unless Supre was VIP or something then that list is full of shit

sonofhal
04-25-2012, 10:56 PM
He had a photo pass Weekend 1. So he was actually in front of the front row.

Twattycakes
04-25-2012, 11:01 PM

Suddenly I hate him.

theklein25
04-25-2012, 11:04 PM
Obviously but who goes around taking pictures of artists playing one song

ods..
04-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Yeah, I expected this. But does it really count?

theklein25
04-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I expected this. But does it really count?

No, I think half a set is required. Not 3 songs max. Pictures are cool and all but i go for the music

ficklecycle
04-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Only one artist, Modeselektor weekend 2.

frizzlefry
04-26-2012, 12:04 AM
Only one you really needed...besides Madness

mast3rshake16
04-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Was anyone else in the front row for r3hab, breakbot, sebastian, and feed me weekend 2?

I was one of the drunk ass texan people dancing like crazy hahah

Thisismyname
04-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Keep Shelly in Athens was my only one.

Didn't give enough of a fuck to get front row for any band that had a legit sized crowd.

CyberSurfer2099
04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
James
DJ Shadow (awesome)
David Guetta
Gotye

amili.oh
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Metronomy - It was so darn good despite the heat at 2pm, I left them a bit early but I did catch some of my favorite songs
First Aid Kit- ran over there from Metronomy, loved it. They played my favorite song right when I got there
Fanfarlo
Gardens & Villas
Azealia Banks! - this girl was amazing! loved every second of it
Housse de Racket
Got as close as I could for Santigold - regret not getting closer so I coulda danced on stage!!

amili.oh
04-26-2012, 12:40 PM

Haha right?!!! not possible unless you went after Weeknd towards the very end of Gotye's

paperdoll78
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
I was third row for Pulp. They were the main reason for me being at this Coachella, so it was pretty awesome for me. Wish I could have been closer.

Also, got front row for Gotye after everyone left after he played "Somebody..."

meyouseek
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Up front for Modeselektor, Squeeze and Two Fingers.

microcuts
04-26-2012, 03:46 PM
front row for.. Grouplove, Manchester Orchestra, Keep Shelly in Athens, The Big Pink, Housse de Racket, Le Butcherettes (she got up in front of me and fell backwards on my face.. epic)

Also had 2nd barricade spots for Pulp, Shins, Bon Iver, Radiohead.

adammm
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Front row for:
Friday: Wolf Gang, Pulp, Black Keys, Swedish House Mafia.... close to front for Kendrick Lamar, Grouplove...

Saturday: Front for: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, the shins, Bon Iver, and Radiohead

Sunday: Front for: Calvin Harris... (this was my more relaxed day after dying on the main the previous day)

alyssaf12
04-26-2012, 05:36 PM
Front for tUnE-yArDs, M. Ward and First Aid Kit

I kind of prefer being further back unless i'm right up against the rail, which I was for those three

sk8njam
04-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I was third row for Pulp. They were the main reason for me being at this Coachella, so it was pretty awesome for me. Wish I could have been closer.

Also, got front row for Gotye after everyone left after he played "Somebody..."

that shit was annoying to me man, literally the second that song ended, the entire crowd shifted and so many people walked away....the dudes an artist,he wants to play his whole set for you people....but thats what happens when people find out about all their music from the radio and billboard charts...these people only wanna hear the "hits".....too many sheep in this world

Michelle760
04-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Shins, Bon Iver, Radiohead...! best experience. Everyone was soooooooo friendly. Except there was this one girl and her boyfriend who shoved their way up 10 min before the set started for Radiohead. We were all up against the rail and she pretended to be sick and crying saying she needed water and we all got the security attention to lift her over the bar....we got her to the bar and he went to pick her up and she was like "Oh no i'm fine now, thanks." 5 girls next to me literally grabbed her and pushed her back. If you don't put in the time to wait don't be rude and shove your way to the front! anyways....
Good to see that good triumped over evil

kimbico
04-28-2012, 04:39 AM
I was front row for (I'm rather small, can easily move through crowds, and I am a girl who went to Coachella alone so people were super nice to me):

- Abe Vigoda
- Wolf Gang
- Gary Clark Jr.
- Arctic Monkeys
- Pulp
- Black Keys
- Black Lips
- Andrew Bird
- The Shins
- Bon Iver
- RADIOHEAD!
- Housse de Racket
- The Growlers
- The Hives!
- Modeselektor!

* The Arctic Monkeys, the Shins, Bon Iver, and Radiohead I was on the railing front row, but off to the right side of the stage a bit. Almost to where the screens were, but still awesome.

threeve
04-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Front row for:
Friday: Wolf Gang, Pulp, Black Keys, Swedish House Mafia.... close to front for Kendrick Lamar, Grouplove...

Saturday: Front for: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, the shins, Bon Iver, and Radiohead

You must have an iron bladder.

rage patton
04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Suddenly I hate him.

It took you this long?

rasooli
04-28-2012, 11:41 AM
Flying Lotus. People were going NNNNUUUUUUTTTTTTSSSSSS. Easily one of the best acts of the weekend.

dro_junkie
04-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Weekend 2 front row for
Friday: James, Jimmy Cliff, Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, The Black Keys
Saturday: Andrew Bird, Miike Snow
Sunday: Santigold, Fitz and the Tantrums, The Hives, Justice, At the Drive-In, Dre & Snoop

Saturday was definitely a bit of a recovery day being at main all day Friday haha.
I split up from the people I came to the festival with for most of Saturday and Sunday but met some awesome new people at the front. Definitely had a blast. Can't wait for next year!

JustSteve
04-28-2012, 05:33 PM
kasabian
arctic monkeys
hives
refused
noel
and for atdi and snoop/dre got a seat inside the railing thanks to my friend, could not be more front row than this, good times:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537886_3368782552134_1646337407_2674068_2014813506 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550261_3368732790890_1646337407_2674051_1521973618 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/581218_3368759351554_1646337407_2674060_1520633338 _n.jpg

ouh_honey
04-29-2012, 03:28 AM

Wtf?

Why you say that Amy?

Not amyzzz but I thought the same thing (that is until Zack de la Rocha came out)

for me, (front row as well): the bass was RIDICULOUS. So uncomfortable! ...and the set wasn't even that great.

JAvina1283
04-29-2012, 01:12 PM
ATDI, Madness, Radiohead.

Stickupkid
05-06-2012, 12:49 AM
FLYING LOTUS :)

-3uDhGqdgTc&hd=1

_a717kkDymA&hd=1[/QUOTE]

Stickupkid
05-06-2012, 12:56 AM
also: REFUSED, Gary Clarke Jr, Dre & Snoop, At The Drive In, Justice, Thundercat, Frank Ocean, Atari Teenage Riot, Death Grips, Explosions in the Sky, Le Butcherettes, Gaslamp Killer

elephant6!
05-08-2012, 09:15 PM
I WAS front row for Yuck, but then 15 seconds before they went on, I puked up my spicy pie and date shake due to heat exhaustion. And then front row for jeff mangum which was amazing.

Kindoy
05-09-2012, 12:18 AM
I was right up in front for Swedish House, it was so worth the struggle! AMAZING

michaelmontanez
05-09-2012, 02:27 PM
I wasn't front row for anything really, but really close for Flying Lotus and Modeselektor... those are my favorite sets from this year.

brematale111
05-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Beirut
Givers
The Head and the Heart
Wolfgang

TomAz
05-09-2012, 03:33 PM
The Ramones
Armadillo World Headquarters
Austin Texas
April 1980.

amyzzz
05-09-2012, 03:36 PM
The Ramones
Armadillo World Headquarters
Austin Texas
April 1980.
Morrissey
Compton Terrace
Chandler (?), AZ

canexplain
05-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Morrissey
Compton Terrace
Chandler (?), AZ

:)

Hendrix, Zep, Radiohead and a couple of bands inbetween cr****

amyzzz
05-09-2012, 04:33 PM
Ron, you always win. :nono

canexplain
05-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Ron, you always win. :nono

No but that's why I don't respond to these questions anymore haha.........Here maybe, front for Daft Punk at the rocks would hit home more lolz.... cr****

timothyhockley
05-13-2012, 04:50 PM
sub focus

bells
05-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Abe Vigoda
Yuck
Neon Indian
Black Lips
Tyler Uppercut (lol)
Metronomy
Florence

rciarami
05-21-2012, 10:13 AM
I was front row for subfocus...absolutely wicked!!!

annalalalam
05-21-2012, 10:55 PM
I got front row for Modeselektor on Weekend 1! :) But since it was my first year attending Coachella, I thought there would be heavy competition for rail for Modeselektor, so I was at the Mojave at least two acts before Modeselektor took stage. So I watched Gotye (and witnessed the massive collective singalong to "Somebody I Used to Know") and then Beirut. Once Beirut finished, it felt like tons of people left and I easily got rail, to my amazement and confusion lol. Either way, it was a spectacular, unforgettable performance, and I danced my ass off. My feet were ruined at the end of the set and it was worth it.

Ajo209
05-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Modeselektor playing against shadow and snoop and dre is why it wasnt packed..

alyssaf12
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM
kasabian
arctic monkeys
hives
refused
noel
and for atdi and snoop/dre got a seat inside the railing thanks to my friend, could not be more front row than this, good times:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/537886_3368782552134_1646337407_2674068_2014813506 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/550261_3368732790890_1646337407_2674051_1521973618 _n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/581218_3368759351554_1646337407_2674060_1520633338 _n.jpg

This makes me want nothing more then to have every inch of Eminem.

geonotgio
05-22-2012, 09:04 AM

Abe Lincoln
06-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Sly Stone. Four times. Fucking asshole.

jsandler1
06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
Friday:
Abe Vigoda (Gobi)
Wolf Gang (Gobi)
Neon Indian (Outdoor)
Girls (Outdoor)
Explosions in the Sky (Outdoor)
Refused (Outdoor)

Saturday:
Juice (Main)
We Are Augustines (Main)
Childish Gambino (Main)
Awolnation (Main)
Kaiser Chiefs (Main)
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds (Main)
The Shins (Main)
Bon Iver (Main)
Radiohead (Main)

Sunday:
Alf Alpha (Gobi)
Fanfarlo (Gobi)
Housse de Racket (Gobi)
Le Butcherettes (Gobi)