PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Needs Another headliner

The_blakeness
03-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Friday has Bjork Interpol JMC Artic Monkeys and Sonic Youth
Saturday has Arcade Fire RHCP Decemberists
and Sunday Rage, I look forward to air but wont really consider them a headliner and happy monday paul van dyk and manu chao WTF!?

Maybe its just me but as far as headliners I think Sunday is pretty weak and could use one more really solid headliner!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
03-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Yes, all days need a headliner...in the Sahara tent.

Boourns
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
b5l5Ysfm8IA

becomingcloser
03-29-2007, 12:39 PM
william hung is getting fat.

also, how degrading would it be, as a musician, to play in his band?

Boourns
03-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Almost as bad as playing in Ashlee Simpson's band.

whytee
03-29-2007, 12:45 PM
whats wrong with paul van dyk???? that shit will be amazing!!

algunz
03-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Maybe that means Rage will play a longer set?

The_blakeness
03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I really havenít heard much of paul van dyk Iím not really in to techno or what every he is considered, but then again I have to reconsider my thinking after last years Daft Punk...But even tho I think rage needs a good band to open up for them I just donít think air would be all that great opening for themÖ I would really like them to play after so all the hard core rage heads would leave.

suprefan
03-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I really havenít heard much of paul van dyk Iím not really in to techno or what every he is considered, but then again I have to reconsider my thinking after last years Daft Punk...But even tho I think rage needs a good band to open up for them I just donít think air would be all that great opening for themÖ I would really like them to play after so all the hard core rage heads would leave.

This isnt a Rage show so stop complaining. Manu Chao will probably go before Rage and thats going to be a lot of fun. So there is no point to add somebody else when there is great talent already there and you dont realize it.

The_blakeness
03-29-2007, 01:09 PM
This isnt a Rage show so stop complaining. Manu Chao will probably go before Rage and thats going to be a lot of fun. So there is no point to add somebody else when there is great talent already there and you dont realize it.

I totally agree I think this years Coachella is killer especially with quality mid and lower bands plus good headliners for the most part but Iím not really into Manu Chao usually they have a band most people are really into before the main headliner and I think Sunday is lacking that.

ko4ka
03-29-2007, 01:36 PM
Manu Chao is the number one performer on my list.
Have you guys seen Babylonia En Guagua DVD? If not - watch it! One of the best music DVDs ever.

junior30
03-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Manu Chao is the number one performer on my list.
Have you guys seen Babylonia En Guagua DVD? If not - watch it! One of the best music DVDs ever.

Seriously.

I bought this on half.com a couple of weeks ago, and Manu Chao, a band/guy that I knew nothing about 3 months ago, is now #2 on my list just below Rage.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
Friday needs NOFX!!!!! Sunday Needs Queens of the Stone Age.. Best Coachella ever!!

Rap/rock Is Life
03-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Replace that fagity Air shit with some System of a Down or Mudvayne!

woootcoachellababy!
03-29-2007, 05:03 PM
so a system of a down fan is calling air "fagity". your not the only one going to coachella. there are many others. they like air. i like air. somone needs to start a poll titled, who is more fagity, system of a down or air. the results would be amazing

Proadict
03-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Friday needs NOFX!!!!! Sunday Needs Queens of the Stone Age.. Best Coachella ever!!

i would love to see NOFX in coachella...but not happening, maybe warped tour or Street scene?

Hannahrain
03-29-2007, 09:41 PM

It's pretty low on the list of priorities. Right now, I think it looks something like this:

1) Adult literacy campaign to teach correct spelling of homophobic slurs
2) Getting the government sorted out
3) Curing the common cold
4) Getting Britney a nice wig
5) Knowing what really killed Anna Nicole
6) Finding Hoffa
7) Finding Earhart
8) Finding the lindbergh baby
9) Finding nemo
10) Getting all the loose change out of the couch cushions
11) Finding out how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop
12) Replacing Air with someone who sucks

But maybe it'll be a productive month. Keep your fingers crossed.

Daft Fro
03-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Manu Chao yay! ^_^

suprefan
03-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Hahahahah classic..

jjbaldwi
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
nofx? god shut up, maybe third eye blind can play 2.
this is coachella not some bullshit corporate rock radio fest

AllPowerToThePeople
03-30-2007, 09:16 AM

SOAD is on highatise(how ever the fuck u spell it)

and mudvayne.....like what the fuck are you on mudvayne at coachellla would be like Snoop Dog at ozfest.

sunday needs some beastie boys ^_^

would be dope.

I think a 2008 tour with RATM BBs SOAD and some other bands would own but itll never happen i can dream.

and Rap/rock Is Life i am a huge fan of rage and zach but man your sig is probaly the lamest thing i have ever read.

instinct
03-30-2007, 10:00 AM

LOL.. PVD is no Daft Punk.. You'd be much better checking out JUSTICE instead.

rage patton
03-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Are you crazy? Sunday is the most full day by far. And it already has a highly billed Sharah act. If anything, Friday needs another higher up stage act. And both Friday and Saturday need Sharah headliner. Well, Saturday has a lot of dance acts, so they dont even need one. But it seems like the Sharah is lacking on Friday.
I am willing to bet if anyone else is added between now and the show, it will be on Friday, maybe some Saturday. But none on Sunday.
Watch Manu Chao before Rage. Thats all you will need.

amyzzz
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Yep. Insane. Sunday is packed.

fawcett
03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
You need to get out more buddy Sunday is great.

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-30-2007, 08:08 PM
nofx? god shut up, maybe third eye blind can play 2.
this is coachella not some bullshit corporate rock radio fest

Oh yeah I forgot this festival doesent offer bands 6 million dollers to reunite sorry........

NeverMyopic
03-30-2007, 08:14 PM
It's pretty low on the list of priorities. Right now, I think it looks something like this:

6) Finding Hoffa
7) Finding Earhart
9) Finding nemo

You my friend, are a genius.

summerkid
03-31-2007, 11:41 AM
Are you crazy? Sunday is the most full day by far. And it already has a highly billed Sharah act. If anything, Friday needs another higher up stage act. And both Friday and Saturday need Sharah headliner. Well, Saturday has a lot of dance acts, so they dont even need one. But it seems like the Sharah is lacking on Friday.
I am willing to bet if anyone else is added between now and the show, it will be on Friday, maybe some Saturday. But none on Sunday.
Watch Manu Chao before Rage. Thats all you will need.

what? Faithless is way better than PVD.

rage patton
03-31-2007, 12:05 PM
what? Faithless is way better than PVD.

I never said Faithless is better than PVD. However, PVD is more well known than Faithless. Thefore, PVD is a bigger Sharah act than Faithless. Friday also has the least amount of Saharah acts. Staurday has alot, but no "headliner" and Sunday has PVD, Infected Mushroom and Soulwax amoung many others. That is why I think Friday will have a Sahrah "headliner" added. Sunday is jam packed already.

AEversW
03-31-2007, 12:08 PM

6) Finding Hoffa
7) Finding Earhart
9) Finding nemo

you can do 10 and 11 at the same time.

Hannahrain
03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
7) Finding Earhart

If they find any clues about Hoffa tomorrow, I'm going to start a psychic hotline. (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070331/ap_on_re_us/search_for_amelia)