PDA

View Full Version : Narc-Chella 2012?

Pages : [1] 2

AeroplaneJunkie
04-16-2012, 06:14 PM
I don't know if it was just my group that was getting approached, but it was narc-city over there this year...
guy with pony tail and pink shirt "hey can I buy some X off of you guys?"
and there were plenty just as awful

Rynoo
04-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Were you glowing as well? Had an Asian Guy mid 30s wearing khakis ask me in the camp grounds. A middle 30s white Guy also wearing khakis ask inside near the Mojave and a Guy in his 20s ask for drugs. Asked who he saw today (Sunday) and he couldn't come up with anything but black keys. Don't sell drugs kids. Fuck the police. They were out in full force.

vertin
04-16-2012, 06:46 PM
yeah my friend was encountered this year in the sahara before borgore...a lady was being followed by 2 guys and she was asking if she could buy any weed...they had on all blue wristbands and were NOT GA or VIP...I whispered in my friends ear that i think they are narcs and i think they caught on to me whispering because all of a sudden they all left...kinda wierd leaving a set right before the artists comes on especially when uve been waiting to see them...sketchy!!!

jfu222
04-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Damn .. This is going to make things difficult.

I am mid 30's and too chickenshit to bring anything with me on the plane so i can only imagine how difficult it will be just get a little something to chill with for the weekend. I guess I could offer to smoke a little right in front of them as proof. (that even sounds ridiculous in type let alone if I actually said that someone)

arandomshape
04-17-2012, 07:59 AM
I definitely noticed there presents this weekend, EVERYONE BE CAREFUL!!!

Stickjohn
04-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Damn I want presents from narcs

ENluv12
04-17-2012, 08:25 AM
I did not have one person ask me for anything, or anyone in our group for that matter .

Mugwog
04-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Narcs at Coachella? Never.

guedita
04-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Perhaps shit like this wouldn't happen to you people if you didn't all look like bumbling drugged out idiots.

Goatchella
04-17-2012, 10:01 AM
I gave away

150 hits of LSD for free......fuck narcs

BeaverCat
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
I stayed away from the Sahara tent this year so I didn't see shit.

Mike Litoris
04-17-2012, 10:32 AM

They bought presents?!

We were all hanging out at our camp and this lady comes up and goes straight for our black friend asking if he has any "supplies." He saw that she had a backstage wristband and was suspicious. He then goes on to tell her how she needs to be careful cus there are narcs around. After he said that she bolted. She was wearing a dress with a lot of necklaces and he said that she saw one "necklace" that went down a lot further and under her dress.

amps421
04-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Damn guys, no way! thanks for the heads up.

mattfender
04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
lol... an undercover cop asks me for grass ill just get his hopes up for a while gather some actual grass in a bag

tigermilkboy
04-17-2012, 10:53 AM

Fuck those NARCS and their presents. They gave me a George Foreman grill, a crystal decanter, a Martha Stewart bedroom set and a Thomas Kinkade collectible.

spewshemano
04-17-2012, 11:45 AM
My friend and I got a spot right next to main street. So you can imagine the kind of traffic we got through. Many people were asking, mostly mid 30's or well over the age of 21. Mostly in khakis and/or shorts. One guy even said, "Well, you have this stuffed animal of garfield on your windshield. That's an invitation of to come buy drugs." We just looked at him and said, "wow, we wouldn't think that would do that." Which I don't believe it does at all. Point is, had stuff, never sold. Way too sketchy this year.

knuthamsun
04-17-2012, 11:56 AM
Yeah I saw two guys getting arrested in the Do-Lab this year mid-day. Looked to my right and saw them with their arms behind their backs getting cuffed. Didn't see them smoking at all, so I assumed they sold to a narc and then got busted.

Shit's fucked, totally killed the vibes.

lostatlimbo
04-17-2012, 12:16 PM

I am mid 30's and too chickenshit to bring anything with me on the plane so i can only imagine how difficult it will be just get a little something to chill with for the weekend. I guess I could offer to smoke a little right in front of them as proof. (that even sounds ridiculous in type let alone if I actually said that someone)

I'm in the same boat. Hoping for generosity from strangers!

Josesativa
04-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I gave away

damn i should have been nicer to you...

knotted_donuts
04-17-2012, 01:00 PM
A girl in a blue top and dark pants asked if I had rolls about 10 minutes from the end of AVICII's set... I guess they were persistent through to the end this year.

I've seen kids get busted in the campgrounds in previous years, so I caution people to not sell or give anything to anybody unless you know them personally.

Dewee420
04-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Looks like I have to. And before I give beers out .lol

vamosuruguay
04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
My cousin told this guy in a Hawaiian shirt to fuck off because he wouldn't bum her a cigarette.

Like one minute later that same guy arrested a guy in our campsite for selling drugs (cocaine I believe).

Needless to say my cousin and I got the hell out of there. I was ripped off on edibles so the whole thing was surreal and weird. Also lol Hawaiian shirts.

Ray del Mundo
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM
I gave away

Any chance you're gonna be there again this weekend? :-) *not a narc, really*

AeroplaneJunkie
04-17-2012, 04:46 PM
i think the best other than what i described was in the campsite, my group was smoking, and a black guy comes in to our canopy at 2am saying "damn! what you guys is smokin smells like fire! i'm denzel washington, nice to meet y'all" (clearly it was not denzel). "y'all wanna let me take some of that FIRE off your hands for a good price?" i said "no, but if you chill with us we'll smoke you out". and he said no, and left. narc-chella confirmed.

sk8njam
04-17-2012, 04:56 PM
you realize that most of you are just paranoid as fuck right?? get off the hard shit kids,just stick to whats natural

Riggins33
04-17-2012, 04:59 PM
you realize that most of you are just paranoid as fuck right?? get off the hard shit kids,just stick to whats natural

Your name is sk8njam and you're calling other people kids?

thewoodenman
04-17-2012, 05:08 PM
u guys are jerks, you should have sold stuff to those narcoleptic people, they probably fell asleep right after your conversations/encounters and didn't get to enjoy the rest of the show!

sk8njam
04-17-2012, 06:45 PM

????? my username is sk8njam...glad you can read...so only kids skate AND jam??? if only kids jammed then this whole festival wouldn't even exist.....and i skate, so that means im a kid??? hahaha i love this about the internet

lolove_rva
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Damn I want presents from narcs

lawl

AeroplaneJunkie
04-17-2012, 06:53 PM
u guys are jerks, you should have sold stuff to those narcoleptic people, they probably fell asleep right after your conversations/encounters and didn't get to enjoy the rest of the show!
signature worthy

colemathis
04-17-2012, 06:58 PM
I gave away

You are my fucking hero.

ShilohV
04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Some one came up to my bf and asked if he had any M..D..M..A.. she said it all slow like that too. The next day someone came up and said "Sir? do you know where I can get some Ecstacy?" Sir? Really? who would say that looking for drugs?

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
04-17-2012, 07:33 PM

Absolutely exquisite.

iammrcandyman
04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
As much as I hate narcs, I love fucking with them.

BotConnecting
04-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Homeboy asked me if i wanted to buy some "Pots"
Not sure if he meant pot or cooking pots. We will never know

knotted_donuts
04-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Some girl came to our condo patio and asked if we had any Grey Poupon. Narc.

... but really, she did ask.

summerkid
04-18-2012, 12:28 PM
Don't do drugs and you won't have to worry about narcs...

iammrcandyman
04-18-2012, 12:35 PM
Don't sell drugs and you won't have to worry about narcs...

Fixed

avengeance
04-18-2012, 01:07 PM
just speak gibberish like you're from another country

CaptainAwesome
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Here! Here!

Were you glowing as well? Had an Asian Guy mid 30s wearing khakis ask me in the camp grounds. A middle 30s white Guy also wearing khakis ask inside near the Mojave and a Guy in his 20s ask for drugs. Asked who he saw today (Sunday) and he couldn't come up with anything but black keys. Don't sell drugs kids. Fuck the police. They were out in full force.

I'm in the same boat. Hoping for generosity from strangers!

Goatchella
04-18-2012, 01:11 PM
I saw a couple bronies wearing red white and blue wristbands, spandex shirts and jogging shorts...Oakley blades.

They wanted ecstasy. I told them all the kids doing drugs are in the sahara

jonniebgood
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I had a guy and girl undercover come up to me in the do-lab and stand kinda close to me and say, "I wish we could find some weed."

When they noticed they got my attention, they repeated it towards my direction, "Do you know where we can find some weed?" I shook my head no.

At that point, he bent over and picked up my phone that I was about to walk away from before I noticed it was mine. I approached them and said that's my phone, it was dead and he was in the process of opening it and I leaned forward and grabbed it. He then asked again if I knew where to get 'anything'. I said the camp grounds would be a good place to look, but most people will bring their own drugs.

He pointed to an area in the do-lab and said, "Those guys over there are smoking a joint!" I laughed and said, "Yea, we all have joints, but we don't sell them." and then he said, "Would you sell one to me? I'll give you twenty bucks!"

All the red-flags added up at that point and I noticed he was wearing a shirt that exposed his chest but the girl he was with was wearing a very 'secretarial' outfit with a collar buttoned to the top. I looked beyond them and noticed a bunch of cliche cops staring in my direction. I told the guy that I wouldn't sell him anything and he shouldn't go around asking people that.

He asked one more time, "Please man, twenty bucks for one joint." I said no again and they both walked away. I actually consider myself lucky to have been arrested at Coachella once before. Being that Coachella was hard on my personal finances, I would have accepted the twenty dollar offer and been arrested, making my girlfriend and family wonder where the fuck I would have gone for the rest of that evening.

I don't understand how it is not entrapment to offer twenty dollars for one joint at a festival with overpriced everything. They aren't catching the people who sell drugs, they are catching the 'good guy gregs' who are trying to hook someone up. Fuck the DEA and undercover narcs.

And props to all the cool police who were there just making sure stayed safe... I met some hella cool police; especially the guys on the horses!

trakball
04-18-2012, 02:52 PM
I was walking around the campgrounds Saturday afternoon and I saw these two guys walk up to some dudes underneath their awning and ask "do you have any tabs"? I don't know if they were narcs but the whole situation made my skin crawl - just so uncomfortable.

On the other hand, the dude across from my campsite talked about making mad loot from all the pills he sold, so... who knows.

SlowMotionApocalypse
04-18-2012, 03:12 PM
You're all paranoid. I was slinging rocks all weekend without any problem.

gswhooper
04-18-2012, 03:18 PM
They bought presents?!

We were all hanging out at our camp and this lady comes up and goes straight for our black friend asking if he has any "supplies." He saw that she had a backstage wristband and was suspicious. He then goes on to tell her how she needs to be careful cus there are narcs around. After he said that she bolted. She was wearing a dress with a lot of necklaces and he said that she saw one "necklace" that went down a lot further and under her dress.
Yup. I got asked more than the rest of my group combined. Luckily I don't do drugs.

georgeorwell
04-18-2012, 03:22 PM
I have Oakley glasses, I guess I would look like a scary tool if I wore them LOL.

orange
04-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I think that there is nothing wrong, just have to be discreet about it, I'm happy to hear that there is a lot of security, people getting search, parking, entrance, id's, drugs and so on....everybody knows what's going on with whatever is your business, I'm actually surprised that this festival it has lasted for 13 years, I mean for being in the state of california, that has been trying to legalize marijuana for years, and being near the border of mexico.....I'm definitely expecting some kind of security, just relax people ONLY 2 DAYS LEFT!!

Mugwog
04-18-2012, 04:01 PM
So let me get this straight.

People come to coachella, to bust people who are willing to sell them drugs?!

Originalbob
04-20-2012, 08:22 PM
You're all paranoid. I was slinging ropes all weekend without any problem.

FIXED!

romanticizer
04-20-2012, 08:32 PM
This whole thread is amazing.

Mugwog
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
I think you're amazing Ms. Rhinestones. awwwooooooooooOOOOOOO

:lips

romanticizer
04-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Hey yo! I want that to be my new username. ;)

hools
04-21-2012, 11:36 AM
Fuck those NARCS and their presents. They gave me a George Foreman grill, a crystal decanter, a Martha Stewart bedroom set and a Thomas Kinkade collectible.

those bastards! i got socks! SOCKS!!!

baily
04-22-2012, 06:01 PM
The undercover is always followed by 1-2 cops that arrest and take away the perp. Then one cop takes the perp and the undercover and cop #2 go looking again.

I met the guy running security this year and he told me all about the system....he laughed at how easy it was to bust people in the past. They don't care about the users, but they want to get those that come to the fest to sell...and there are a lot that make tons of $$$$.

They busted two chicks from Vegas last year with over 10k in cash that they'd made by 3pm in the first day...and they still had a bunch of bags....

This year...1st weekend roughly 100 arrests.

The wristbands are the giveaway....

daneskiiiz
04-22-2012, 06:34 PM
They don't care about the users

That's not entirely true. One of my friends was arrested last night by under covers, and he wasn't selling/only had a few pills for personal use. I got asked several times over the weekend by Narcs to sell them drugs. & I know several people (mostly in the campgrounds) who got rolled and all their party favors confiscated, and none of them were selling. I thought we paid a few hundred bucks to not be hassled?! Narc-Chella made this year a fuckin' bust!

Dewee420
04-22-2012, 08:03 PM
I saw that poor kid get bustEd too. he had no shirt on with his head down all I saw was a big brown paper bag

Dewee420
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
I got asked 2x for mollie and weed outside in the camp funny thing is they really stick out.. Nice try narcs maybe next year

gWiLiKeRzZz
04-24-2012, 06:15 PM
i had a lot of people ask me if I had all sorts of drugs. Sunday a guy came up to me at 4:19 and asked if I had any pot, I pulled out a joint and sparked it at 4:20 took a hit and gave him the rest. He took a few hits then took off with it. I was a little bummed he didnt sit with me and smoke it but I gave it to him, he could do whatever he wanted. I was so high on shrooms by that point I didn't care to smoke pot, i just wanted to lay in the shade and trip.

monkeyboy
04-24-2012, 08:46 PM
i had a lot of people ask me if I had all sorts of drugs. Sunday a guy came up to me at 4:19 and asked if I had any pot, I pulled out a joint and sparked it at 4:20 took a hit and gave him the rest. He took a few hits then took off with it. I was a little bummed he didnt sit with me and smoke it but I gave it to him, he could do whatever he wanted. I was so high on shrooms by that point I didn't care to smoke pot, i just wanted to lay in the shade and trip.

NARC! See that's the thing, it's hard to say who's a NARC. Just because someone is really awkward and asking in a strange way doesn't mean they're a cop. We had 3 people walk into our site and ask if we needed weed. Then I had a guy break off from his friends at the Band of Skulls show and ask me if I had any coke or pills. I certainly wouldn't buy and sell anything, but I didn't really feel like any of them were NARCs.

PulpOne
04-24-2012, 08:54 PM
This 35ish year old narc came right into our campground on Saturday, weekend 1. He asked if we had 'shrooms or molly, but i'm really looking for molly.' As i star\red him down he looked at us and said 'What?? Do i like that weird?' We said no and he left. My only narc experience this year.

fooffybunny
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Perhaps shit like this wouldn't happen to you people if you didn't all look like bumbling drugged out idiots.

My sis and I were speed walking around the corner of the Merch booth when some guy in khakis asked if we had weed. We quickly said no and kept going. I didn't think about it until later but he could've been a narc. Looked like security... Either way, we were far from bumbling drugged out idiots. Wouldn't think running would set off red flags lol

Another reason I didn't think much of it was I saw one of the security guys by the speakers in the Sahara tent take a hit off someone's joint. So yeah, security didn't seem so strict after that lol

core787
04-24-2012, 09:11 PM
looks like if I ever were to ask for anything people would assume im a narc... you guys are paranoid

cansei de ser sexme
04-24-2012, 09:19 PM
A guy in khaki shorts came up to my girlfriend and complimented her hair, then asked if she had "any addies" and we were like wtf and he said "adderall!" dude must've been in his 40s. I was confused as shit.

georgeorwell
04-24-2012, 09:38 PM
I've read these threads for years, decided to chime in with some info.

First of all, say no to everything, and be nice to everyone. If you do, you'll be safe and fun towards everyone - narcs and real concert goers and everyone in between.

-------

In Sahara a girl aggressively / over friendly hitting on me with 3-5 questions - trying to make them seem relevant to the music - with her friend standing awkwardly eying me, then asking for something, then saying bye and moving on two rows up.

I guess its a price to pay for looking like I am the life of the party.

Saw the same girl stone cold sober 3-4 hours later in the beer garden main stage trying to chat up a friend of mine. He reminded her that she already had hit on me, and then she just peaced out.

Someone else earlier mentioned the Australian stuff and I had a run in with an Australian chic as well.

Where do they find these chics? Are they cops?

It just sucks because I am just wasted off vodka, but am scared that I got people that are actually there to get me. Bad vibes when I am trying to high five people.

If people are to be punished onl yfor their blameworthy acts, then acts that are not blameworthy do not call for punishment.

On the flip side, I heard of one arrest, and that someone that actually was dealing. He made it back to the show Sunday night after his arrest earlier in the weekend.

On the other flip side real security was awesome, respectful, and even fun at times. Saw some dude who lost his wallet and some middle aged security women were helping him find it and saying things like "You came to this festival to have fun, not lose your money." It was kind a nice positive boost to the day.

frizzlefry
04-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Fascinating

Wonderbot
04-25-2012, 06:24 AM
I was standing with my friend Melissa waiting for her boyfriend and our other friends to come back from the restrooms between the Sahara and Mojavi.

Some fat hispanic looking dude walks up to us and asks "What are you smoking?" and we just look at him like ??? And she flashes him her cigarette, but says nothing. He says "Boy it sure smells good..." so we just look at him like ???????????? and I tell him to fuck off and I turn my back on him, as does her. He continues to stand there behind us, watching her smoke.

When our friends came back, we went into the Mojave for Modeselektor and the guy followed us into the tent. None of us were smoking pot or anything, she didn't even have a clove. It was just a regular cigarette.

Guy creeped us out so we moved to another part of the tent.

frizzlefry
04-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I think a decent amount of people here are actually getting paranoid or just ran into somebody legitimately looking for drugs but already were on drugs so obviously appeared sketchy, especially georgeorwell but he writes like he's still on drugs

ods..
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I didn't run into any narcs really (though I saw a decked out raver girl walking around the car-camp line to get in, then conspicuously talking to cops a little later). I did however, share drugs with many people.

There was this older dude who came up at the end of Death Grips looking for bud, "hey can I give you like 10 bucks for a joint, etc". I just looked him right in the eye, "No I won't sell it to you. But where are you from". He answered Portland, seemed sincere enough, so I let him sit down with our crew and we puffed bowls for like 30 minutes until Wu Lyf came on. Very chill. I was sketched out initially because he was older and definitely could have been a cop but I dunno, I feel like I'm pretty good at reading people. Just ask them a bunch of questions, who are you going to see, where are you from, is this your first chella. A liar will have trouble answering easy questions like that.

SepaGroove
04-25-2012, 09:51 AM
I think a decent amount of people here are actually getting paranoid or just ran into somebody legitimately looking for drugs but already were on drugs so obviously appeared sketchy, especially georgeorwell but he writes like he's still on drugs

Haha this is exactly what I was thinking

weekendCrush
04-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I think I saw a group of undercover NARCS on Sat afternoon around the pinball tent in camp. It was a white girl (30s) and black built man (40s), both wearing casual clothes with backpacks, walking from the LOT 10 camp area to the map and stopped like they were meeting someone there (standing in one spot, looking around). The reason I noticed them at first was the fact that the guy was wearing one of those parody T-Shirts which had the Warner Brothers symbol on it but instead said "If you see a cop, Warn A Brotha". Didn't really think they were narcs at that point but I definitely made a mental thought about the shirt itself, how it was an older guy wearing what usually stupid high school kids wear and the fact it was a black 'brotha' wearing the shirt.

Well moments pass after I stopped looking at the two when I noticed them again, this time the girl was driving a golf cart coming somewhere from the dodge ball area and the black man was in the passenger seat, they stopped right where they were once standing. Then there was also 2-3 largely built white guys (40s) waiting in the same spot they girl and guy were previously in that now hopped on the golf cart, dressed in 'cool' douchey style, with backpacks too, as they sped off in the distance.

Seemed really suspicious after I had thought about it, pretty sure it was a NARC crew

juloxx
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM
This dude wearing a blue shirt and mardi gra beads kept coming back to our tent asking if he could buy some acid

Something about him didnt feel right to me, but off course my other buddy immediately said he could buy some off us. I then cut my friend off and said we dont have any. This same guy came back 3 times in the course of an hour and a half. The third time he came back with a pipe and just started trying to smoke right in front of us to prove he was "down". I told him "for the last time, we cant sell you any because we dont have any. My friend was just joking. It wont be hard to find here though as long as you have good intentions..... just have good intentions and you will find it"

Mugwog
04-25-2012, 12:14 PM
SO! After 3 pages of is this a narc or not?

To all people who were considered narcs but weren't: Bring your own drugs. People think you're going to send them to jail when you ask for drugs like a high schooler.

amili.oh
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
probs cooking pots

Goatchella
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
The undercover is always followed by 1-2 cops that arrest and take away the perp. Then one cop takes the perp and the undercover and cop #2 go looking again.

I met the guy running security this year and he told me all about the system....he laughed at how easy it was to bust people in the past.
The wristbands are the giveaway....

What kinda wristbands?

Vic Viper
04-25-2012, 01:31 PM
i get asked at least 2-3 times a year. not sure if i look like a dealer or stoned (i'm neither) but it's never been in the same location and only once did it seem like they could have been a narc (she was persistent and immediately changed tone/posture/body language after i made it clear i wasn't dealing). oddly enough it's almost always been someone asking for acid.

JustSteve
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM
just tell them they can pay, but you only accept high fives as currency.

Mugwog
04-25-2012, 01:36 PM
hahhah I'm imagining some confused kid trying to hand you $5 bills in the air

Goatchella
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I sold mugwogs acid soaked raccoon tail for $500

greghead
04-25-2012, 02:10 PM
I gave away

Uhh, can we be friends at Outside Lands, please? Because this is my kind of party.

juloxx
04-25-2012, 02:58 PM
I gave away

I did that last year. Anyone that is boss enough to not sleep Sunday night got a prize from me. Feltgoodman

badgerbeaver
04-25-2012, 03:49 PM
My group was at the back edge of lot 7, and there was constantly at least 3 cop cars parked along our row. There were also two watchtowers with cops watching the campgrounds with binoculars. What's worse, there were alot of people wearing straight clothes kinda pacing along the campsites. During the 2nd day we saw 3-4 cops walk into one of our neighbors' campground and raid the place when they werent there as we were walking by to get into the festival. That shit mustve sucked but they were openly talking about candyflipping during the day time, and cops can legally do that if they have suspicion or reasonable cause to do so.
Also, we all saw multiple arrests next to the row of portapotties in the corner of lot 7 and one time it was a guy talking to this girl at night and I swear he was a narc cuz they went into one of the stalls and two cops roll up and arrest the chick when she came out of the stall.
Unfortunately all that fucking bullshit is legal and they can't be sued for entrapment or anything because they are all protected under the 4th amendment. So yeah the only way to be certain that you wont get in the deep shit is by not selling and if you are, follow advice already given and ask questions and really feel them out before you make the deal. Don't be stupid and just sell to anyone who asks. Also, party favors are important for a festival like coachella, especially for weekend ones like me who had to deal with that ridiculous cold at night with bud (not the beer), but be smart about it and make sure you're not announcing it to the entire campground, and keep it out of plain sight. Someone said something about wristbands, I think they were mentioning the fact that narcs and undercovers typically have vip wristbands so be careful about that. They can profile us, but we can profile them too.

At least that's what i've learned from four years at THE FESTIVAL ON EARTH!!!! and law school!!!!

ALSO, this has been circulating the forums

"As a lawyer who's seen both sides of a criminal case, I can say that this advice is pretty spot on:
Apart from not doing anything illegal (or at least openly advertising that you're doing anything illegal), there are basic rules of thumb to follow in any citizen/police encounter. For those who don't want to click through everything, here are the basic steps to follow if you encounter a police officer at Coachella or anywhere else:
1) Be calm, cool, and collected.
2) Be respectful, but firmly exercise your right to remain silent and to not answer questions you feel uncomfortable with.
3) Respectfully refuse searches if asked (note: this will probably not work well at the Coachella gate, since you are giving your authorizaton to be searched as a condition of entry).
4) Don't get tricked, and be careful of strangers. The police are allowed to lie and use subterfuge (as well documented in these and similar threads).
5) If you are being detained, continually ask if you are free to go.
6) Don't expose yourself (again, if you light up a joint in the middle of the polo fields, or start acting like the naked wizard, the constitution probably won't be able to help you much, no matter how lax law enforcement traditionally is at Coachella).
7) Don't EVER run.
8) Don't EVER touch a cop.
9) Report police misconduct and watch out for the rights of your fellow concert-goers (remember, all of those recording devices can be used to capture things other than buzz bands)."

p.s. sorry for the long post bahaha

Stickjohn
04-25-2012, 07:29 PM
So is it true the General Store in the Campgrounds sold metal pipes? My friend went looking for spray sunscreen and all they had was little packets, but he says he saw pipes for sale. This amuses me.

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 12:13 AM
So is it true the General Store in the Campgrounds sold metal pipes? My friend went looking for spray sunscreen and all they had was little packets, but he says he saw pipes for sale. This amuses me.

yes they did
and lighters were $5 and not even bics :(

frizzlefry
04-26-2012, 12:27 AM
Not as bad as three dollar ear plugs or hiking up hoodie prices when it god cold...just leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 01:01 PM
i dunno, you feel absolutely ripped off for buying a $5 lighter, but then you weigh the consequences of having to ask strangers for a lighter the whole day at the festival

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 01:10 PM
Or you hit up goat and get a free gram with each gifted bic....might even have a nice design like this
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/tntinucci/2012/6163ac4d.jpg

ENluv12
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
^ I like where you're going with this.

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Or you hit up goat and get a free gram with each gifted bic....might even have a nice design like this
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h296/tntinucci/2012/6163ac4d.jpg

have you smoked all that bubble yet?

if not go put your mouth to use buddy

i just had a stoner moment on friday where you have everything but the lighter and a charged cell phone

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah that shit was bomb....I'm gonna throw my 25mic bag away.
Come up soon and teach me your ways.....never have I ever had bubble that good...and clay colored. Thank you.

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
I don't know shit about making anything. BUDDY

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I love how we're discussing love in a narc thread.

Come at me bro! I got goodies !

Mugwog
04-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Bro I'll come at you all day.

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Smog vs respect at house of blues Saturday. You should go.
Get on the list now cause its gonna sell out.

MyNameIsn'tSkrillex
04-26-2012, 01:59 PM
A sketchy old dude was walking into campsite after campsite all down our street and awkwardly saying "Do YOU have any POT?". My friend just laughed at him when he asked. I think they're hilariously obvious, but fuck them I didn't get any presents.

lostatlimbo
04-26-2012, 02:18 PM
I saw a couple narcs during the festival. Didn't approach me, but damn they stand out like sore thumbs.

Having a lighter on Sunday was great. People would just ask me to use it and then offer a toke(n) of gratitude. By the end of Snoop/Dre I was as buzzed as I'd be with my own J. Trading for cigarettes worked other days, though mostly people seemed in the sharing mood when they had enough to spare.

amyzzz
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Uhh, can we be friends at Outside Lands, please? Because this is my kind of party.seconded.

1234FIF
04-26-2012, 06:15 PM
They had drug sniffing dogs going around in the AM while everyone was sleeping. I didn't hear the dog barking, but I guess it woke everyone else up. We checked around in the afternoon and found half a blunt near our campsite. Glad they didnt find it/let it slide.

On Friday there was an older black guy in his late 30's walking around mumbling "molly, thizzles, pills" in a low voice wearing a tye-dye shirt and a doo rag lolz.

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Number one item for a camp like mine.

SealAMeal machine ...came in handy for storing food too.

theGold
04-26-2012, 06:21 PM
On Friday there was an older black guy in his late 30's walking around mumbling "molly, thizzles, pills" in a low voice wearing a tye-dye shirt and a doo rag lolz.

It's like these guys WANT to be obvious with the outfits they choose... sheesh!

I saw two by the Sahara bathrooms. Both in neon Coachella tank tops, wearing sunglasses, and standing side by side like statues with their arms crossed and no expression, just waiting patiently for a deal to go down, but honestly? Who just stands there like that? It looked ridiculous. Meanwhile, there was a dude over by the fire thing with a bag of 400 pills...

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
How many did ya get?

theGold
04-26-2012, 06:44 PM
6. tee hee.

Goatchella
04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
How many did you eat at Calvin Harris?

theGold
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Who??? _O You mean Calvin & Hobbes, yes?

Really though, I didn't step in the Sahara all weekend.

Goatchella
04-27-2012, 07:29 AM
What do you pop the thizzles for?

What did you see?

Rynoo
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
i felt bad for the kids next to us in line for car camping check on thursday. they had what looked like about an ounce taken from them while we had so much shit not even get checked.

they would have had a fun time pulling those kegs out the truck!

Mugwog
04-27-2012, 01:20 PM
if you cant hide your fun stuff properly, then you dont deserve

and everyone i ran into got hit with a bag of fun this year ;)

theGold
04-27-2012, 05:00 PM
What do you pop the thizzles for?

What did you see?

We hippie flipped. Umm I saw a lot, but my favorite sets were Beats Antique, DJ Shadow, Santigold,Dre/Snoop, Amon Tobin, sbtrkt, Flylo, Machinedrum, Noel Gallagher etc and etc.

theGold
04-27-2012, 05:06 PM
looks like if I ever were to ask for anything people would assume im a narc... you guys are paranoid

Its not like that. There are some people, especially after having a casual conversation with themx you know theyre legit. If the first and only thing someone says to you is "You got any drugs?!", it's awkward and off-putting.

im18andilikeit
04-27-2012, 05:38 PM
where can i get acid ?

Mugwog
04-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Orange juice

aphrael
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
i felt bad for the kids next to us in line for car camping check on thursday. they had what looked like about an ounce taken from them while we had so much shit not even get checked.

they would have had a fun time pulling those kegs out the truck!

when i was waiting in the meet-your-group area, one of my buddies noticed some consternation and upheaval in the ranks of another waiting group.

seemed they'd decided to hide their stuff by taping it to the undercarriage of their car, where nobody would ever look.

ok, fine, except ... somewhere along the line it had fallen off.

(oh, shit!)

Rynoo
04-28-2012, 03:44 AM
^^^

that is pretty damn funny.

what we found out. have the peppy party girls be mules. they always get a straight pass without a check

AeroplaneJunkie
05-03-2012, 08:03 PM
"do you fellas know who around here sells LSD?"

Hatinisbad
05-03-2012, 09:39 PM
I wasn't approached for drugs but that's understandable since I look like a narc. It did seem like there were a lot more people with police markings wandering around the fairgrounds and campgrounds this year compared to previous years.

rafiki222
05-04-2012, 09:27 PM
There was a nice old man offering "nuggets and hash" in the campground around 10 sunday morning. Kinda looked like santa, but no presents. Also not sure if he was narcing or just an old school dealer.

Zoinkz422
05-05-2012, 04:05 AM
In the Sahara tent week 2 I saw a guy get tackled by 3 under covers and 1 busted out a taser but didn't tase him.
Besides that only real narcy exp was on Monday morning when we got woke up by the cops on horses, and the horse stuck his head in our tent for a while 2.... Totally thought the horse was talking to me
For a bit lol

BlacEfron
05-20-2012, 02:12 PM
They bought presents?!

that awkward moment when you read a story on the coachella message boards and realize that you're the black friend...lol. i was wondering when i'd finally read a post from someone i knew on here. and i really wish i would have chosen a more rude way to tell her to fuck off for profiling me but it's not my style. even though i be like "fuck the police," pretty much everyday.

malcolmjama1awesome
05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
TLDR

rofl

Ravingmad
05-22-2012, 09:13 AM
I bet 95% of the "narcs" being discussed in this thread are regular folk that are really bad at trying to buy drugs.

Weekend 1 there was some huge dude wandering around in the Sahara blatantly selling shit, like obvious as could be. I kept waiting for him to get gang-tackled by security but no, just a wandering pharmacy at work.

I wonder how many people think I'm a narc because I'm over 30 and wander around blankly staring at people and things because I'm high as balls. Although I'm never asking to buy anything so maybe not. I did have some kid ask me if I would sell him some "disco biscuits." I told him to check out the barbeque stands in the food court, maybe they have biscuits, and the pulled pork is pretty decent.

Mugwog
05-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Regular folk must learn the proper etiquette of the culture before they can fully interact with it. You just don't give any ordinary fellow a hit of acid/2cb and never follow up.

amili.oh
06-05-2012, 11:09 AM
My friends and I had all our connects fall thru before Coachella so rolled up with only alchy but wanted to enjoy ourselves. That Thursday some older guy came by asking if we wanted to buy. My first thought was what if he's a narc cos I've read this thread but since we were kinda desperate for anything I decided to buy some. I waited a few minutes to see if any cops were following him. I guess we got lucky, it sucks for those dealers that fit the narc description.

Robin
06-05-2012, 01:23 PM
My friends and I had all our connects fall thru before Coachella so rolled up with only alchy but wanted to enjoy ourselves. That Thursday some older guy came by asking if we wanted to buy. My first thought was what if he's a narc cos I've read this thread but since we were kinda desperate for anything I decided to buy some. I waited a few minutes to see if any cops were following him. I guess we got lucky, it sucks for those dealers that fit the narc description.
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to dealing, but I always assumed that narcs went to events to bust sellers.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mugwog
06-05-2012, 01:25 PM
You're totally wrong Robin.

Robin
06-05-2012, 01:26 PM
Damn.

808HiLife
06-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Dumbass in the mojave: "Hey, my bro do you think it would be cool if I bought a doob of that chronic dope off of you for $20?"
Me: "Uhh, I didnt bring a bunch (lies) but you can rip this if you want."
Dumbass in the mojave: "Umm no thats cool, but how about I pay you $30 for a joint"
Me: "Dude not at all, leave me the fuck alone"

Must've had atleast 3 of these interactions over the weekend with guys in their 30's-40's who had backstage passes and just looked out of place. Probably had another 3 with regular looking kids. Either way, I never give shit out at a festival, you really should've came more prepared.

grannock
06-06-2012, 05:27 AM
You're totally wrong Robin.

No she isnt...

Drinkey McDrinkerstein
06-06-2012, 11:48 AM
Yeah, in CA there's not much incentive for trying to bust buyers. In states with much harsher laws i'm sure they do it though.

Riggins33
06-06-2012, 12:00 PM
No she isnt...

Grannock is very good at detecting sarcasm.

nyarlathotoats
06-06-2012, 05:03 PM
With all the talk of vultures eager to catch their prey, I have to wonder if anyone has heard of someone being arrested for simply smoking trees?

Mugwog
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I had some lame stoner dude get my pipe and stash taken one year due to me letting him borrow my pipe. He was narcing, after my shit was taken he just gave me this weak, "Sorry dude." Fuck him. Was on probation so didn't feel like talking to some real cops. Fortunately the guy behind me had a huge blunt he shared.

SlowMotionApocalypse
06-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Yeah, in CA there's not much incentive for trying to bust buyers. In states with much harsher laws i'm sure they do it though.

Buyers are busted all the time.

blackchango
06-07-2012, 06:34 PM
He was narcing

That wasn't very Narce of him

malcolmjamalawesome
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I had some lame stoner dude get my pipe and stash taken one year due to me letting him borrow my pipe. He was narcing, after my shit was taken he just gave me this weak, "Sorry dude." Fuck him. Was on probation so didn't feel like talking to some real cops. Fortunately the guy behind me had a huge blunt he shared.

What were you on probation for?

vulcandeathgrip
06-16-2012, 08:43 AM
We came over from Australia so obviously BYO was out of the question. I hadn't seen a band without "help" in as long as I can remember so was a little concerned about how I would handle 3 days. During Jimmy Cliff I was dying whilst everyone around smoked up, it took me ages to muster the courage to ask someone for a toke. I am in my mid-thirties and I'm sure they must of considered the possibility I was a narc, but I found most people to be generous and accommodating and my Coachella was all the better for it. On Saturday a chick came up to us and said "have you guys got any papers or a pipe I have way too much weed and nothing to smoke it with" I replied that could help her with at least one of her problems. All good from then on in.

fetuspiniata
06-25-2012, 08:56 PM
This thread makes me self-conscious about wearing khaki pants.

Mugwog
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
What were you on probation for?

Apparently you're not supposed to have a lot of ganja in your possession

This thread makes me self-conscious about wearing khaki pants.

Well yeah khakis are always suspect

KennKenna
07-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Yeah, I was standing by myself looking through my purse and I had a middle aged man come up to me and ask if I was selling pills. Lol, told him to go look for someone with glow sticks.

H_is_O
07-06-2012, 05:56 AM
so the only way to prove your not a narc is to rock a speedo all three days?

Mugwog
07-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Have to offer the drugs in order to not be a narc

Robin
07-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I think I'm going to wear khakis and Hawaiian shirts the entire weekend next year.

nyarlathotoats
07-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I think I'm going to wear khakis and Hawaiian shirts the entire weekend next year.

Remember not to dance to any music, and just people watch at all sets. For sure noone will bother then.

lehorne
07-11-2012, 12:55 PM
and smile right up until you get the handcuffs on them, then turn cold and abusive

Mugwog
07-11-2012, 12:57 PM
We should totally stage a bust in the Sahara next year for a group meetup

heart cooks brain
07-11-2012, 01:03 PM
i'll be the guy that eats all the drugs

Mugwog
07-11-2012, 01:19 PM
i'll be the guy that eats all the drugs
http://24.media.tumblr.com/VhPpJRJA9obw70g3hSXbmYzDo1_500.jpg

Rynoo
07-14-2012, 03:37 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/VhPpJRJA9obw70g3hSXbmYzDo1_500.jpg

yeah man you're going to owe me about $400 for those pills... $300 for that ganja...$100 for the mushies... and might want to get to the hospital before you die...

ENluv12
07-14-2012, 07:06 AM
The shnozz berries taste like shnozz berries!

AeroplaneJunkie
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
i realize now how lucky i was last year bringing in 1.5 ounces after reading that thing about drug smelling dogs.

ENluv12
09-18-2012, 06:44 AM
i realize now how lucky i was last year bringing in 1.5 ounces after reading that thing about drug smelling horses.

fixed.

Edmontonian
09-20-2012, 09:17 AM
On Friday of first weekend we saw a couple guys walking out of the campsite with a lil mexican dude in handcuffs.. my friends asks if they are cops to which they reply 'no' and just keep walking..

Then the next day this guy who looks like a typical Sahara bro in shorts and a t-shirt walks up to me at my campsite this year and asks if I know where he can find any pills... I say no but to keep looking cuz the shit is 'around' lol I guess I gave him the impression I was cool with drugs or had a personal stash or whatever... So then I lock up the car (I was the last one still chillin at the site) and head over to the showers for an afternoon spritz, when I'm near the edge of the campsite I look to my right and see the same guy standing in the path looking around, I'm pretty friendly so I walk up to him and ask if he found what he was looking for, he says no so again I just say keep looking it's around lol.. I'm still ignorant at this point.

So I walk towards the showers but when I get to the main road I see there is a big line so I take a left and start following the road to where the sinks were so I could just have a beercan-shower instead. I then head back to my campsite... as I walk up I see the same dude step out of our campsite between the two cars. It instantly hits me, fuck this guy is undercover DEA or something, he thought I was suspicions so he followed me when I left the site and then when he saw me change directions he must have thought I was heading into the festival, so he headed back to our campsite to snoop around (I'm guessing you don't really need a search warrant to look through bags and/or a tent that somebody ostensibly left lying in a field somewhere...), hoping to find some drugs and confront me with them when I got back maybe? like tell us where you got the drugs or you'll be charged with possession sorta deal, hoping i'd lead them to some dealers. Fuck.

So I'm thinking I just HAVE to know for sure, so I walk up to the guy pretending to be all friendly and make chit chat, I ask him where he's from, he says Huntington Beach, I tell him I know some people from there actually and ask him what high school he went to... His eyes then did this thing where they shot from side to side real quickly and he stammers out some bullshit school name, and i just KNEW he was full of shit. So I then politely tell him 'right well I can appreciate that youre looking for your drugs and all and I don't have a problem with that, but I think it's really weird that I come back from the showers and find you IN my campsite' to which he stammers 'OH this is YOUR campsite? Oh I had no idea!' and now I'm COMPLETELY sure he's full of shit, like dude you were just here asking me if I could sell you drugs and we are driving a crazy space van thats impossible to miss, then I talked to you again ten minutes later... So I decided I needed to politely tell him to fuck off without making it too too obvious that I had 'made' him so I say 'Ya well just to be clear, I'd appreciate it if you could go look for your drugs somewhere else because YOURE NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING HERE. (I was hinting that I knew he was looking through our site) And there are definitely NO drug dealers staying here. So go look somewhere else please'. So he says cool and walks over to his friend who had been on lookout about 40 m away and they walk off together. No shit.

Best part of the story is, the next day when we're heading into the festival we walk around to use the general admission entrance rather than the campground entrance to avoid the big lines, and as we are rounding the corner where the road meets the walkway up to the gates (about 150 m from the gates still) I see the SAME FUCKING DUDE wearing a safety vest and sitting on one of those bikes with the lil trailers behind, posing as one of those guys who you pay to give you a ride out to your car or to transport shit for you. You know the guys. But instead of transporting shit he was just hanging out watching people walk in towards the gates. See, I figure after I politely 'made' him as an undercover, he got demoted to lookout duty - he was just chilling there watching for people who get within sight of the main gates, see that they are frisking people, and think 'Oh shit, I gotta hide my shit ASAP' and quickly start hiding shit (drugs and whatnot) in there underwear or socks or somehting, at which point he would bust em.

At this point i'm feeling rather cocky so I walk straight up to the guy and say 'Hey! did you ever find what you were looking for??' at first he tried to feign ignorance but I could tell he recognized me and eventually he says 'uh.. no, not yet' and as I walk away I say 'Well, you're still DEFINITELY not going to find anything in MY campsite!' just to make it abundantly clear that if he or his cop buddies went back to my site to search around some more, it would be a big waste of time.

The guy got the message and just started laughing.

fuck the police.

ApacheRunner
09-20-2012, 01:50 PM
tl;dr

algunz
09-20-2012, 04:09 PM
It was a relatively good read.

I'm still not clear as to whether if they had searched, would they have found anything?

Mugwog
09-20-2012, 04:17 PM
I don't think so. The OP was really reaching for a "cool story bro" reaction. Therefore, he does not do drugs, at least not good ones.

Bud Luster
09-22-2012, 10:46 AM
It actually sounds like you "made" a thief, not a police officer.

bananahambone
10-10-2012, 09:37 PM
On Friday night this kid came up and asked for a light. He pulled out a well rolled joint, and he lights his shit. He bolted. He didn't offer me or my party a hit; he didn't even say thank you. I start my rhetoric about the declining values of the millennium drug user. I am interrupted by the dude's friend with the same well rolled, poorly lit, and fragrant marijuana cigarette. He asks for a light, states that his bro is an idiot, and, he too, bolts without offering up a hit or a thank you. Frankly I was amazed.

algunz
10-11-2012, 07:30 AM
That is terrible drug etiquette.

vertin
10-13-2012, 10:34 AM
On Friday of first weekend we saw a couple guys walking out of the campsite with a lil mexican dude in handcuffs.. my friends asks if they are cops to which they reply 'no' and just keep walking..

Then the next day this guy who looks like a typical Sahara bro in shorts and a t-shirt walks up to me at my campsite this year and asks if I know where he can find any pills... I say no but to keep looking cuz the shit is 'around' lol I guess I gave him the impression I was cool with drugs or had a personal stash or whatever... So then I lock up the car (I was the last one still chillin at the site) and head over to the showers for an afternoon spritz, when I'm near the edge of the campsite I look to my right and see the same guy standing in the path looking around, I'm pretty friendly so I walk up to him and ask if he found what he was looking for, he says no so again I just say keep looking it's around lol.. I'm still ignorant at this point.

So I walk towards the showers but when I get to the main road I see there is a big line so I take a left and start following the road to where the sinks were so I could just have a beercan-shower instead. I then head back to my campsite... as I walk up I see the same dude step out of our campsite between the two cars. It instantly hits me, fuck this guy is undercover DEA or something, he thought I was suspicions so he followed me when I left the site and then when he saw me change directions he must have thought I was heading into the festival, so he headed back to our campsite to snoop around (I'm guessing you don't really need a search warrant to look through bags and/or a tent that somebody ostensibly left lying in a field somewhere...), hoping to find some drugs and confront me with them when I got back maybe? like tell us where you got the drugs or you'll be charged with possession sorta deal, hoping i'd lead them to some dealers. Fuck.

So I'm thinking I just HAVE to know for sure, so I walk up to the guy pretending to be all friendly and make chit chat, I ask him where he's from, he says Huntington Beach, I tell him I know some people from there actually and ask him what high school he went to... His eyes then did this thing where they shot from side to side real quickly and he stammers out some bullshit school name, and i just KNEW he was full of shit. So I then politely tell him 'right well I can appreciate that youre looking for your drugs and all and I don't have a problem with that, but I think it's really weird that I come back from the showers and find you IN my campsite' to which he stammers 'OH this is YOUR campsite? Oh I had no idea!' and now I'm COMPLETELY sure he's full of shit, like dude you were just here asking me if I could sell you drugs and we are driving a crazy space van thats impossible to miss, then I talked to you again ten minutes later... So I decided I needed to politely tell him to fuck off without making it too too obvious that I had 'made' him so I say 'Ya well just to be clear, I'd appreciate it if you could go look for your drugs somewhere else because YOURE NOT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING HERE. (I was hinting that I knew he was looking through our site) And there are definitely NO drug dealers staying here. So go look somewhere else please'. So he says cool and walks over to his friend who had been on lookout about 40 m away and they walk off together. No shit.

Best part of the story is, the next day when we're heading into the festival we walk around to use the general admission entrance rather than the campground entrance to avoid the big lines, and as we are rounding the corner where the road meets the walkway up to the gates (about 150 m from the gates still) I see the SAME FUCKING DUDE wearing a safety vest and sitting on one of those bikes with the lil trailers behind, posing as one of those guys who you pay to give you a ride out to your car or to transport shit for you. You know the guys. But instead of transporting shit he was just hanging out watching people walk in towards the gates. See, I figure after I politely 'made' him as an undercover, he got demoted to lookout duty - he was just chilling there watching for people who get within sight of the main gates, see that they are frisking people, and think 'Oh shit, I gotta hide my shit ASAP' and quickly start hiding shit (drugs and whatnot) in there underwear or socks or somehting, at which point he would bust em.

At this point i'm feeling rather cocky so I walk straight up to the guy and say 'Hey! did you ever find what you were looking for??' at first he tried to feign ignorance but I could tell he recognized me and eventually he says 'uh.. no, not yet' and as I walk away I say 'Well, you're still DEFINITELY not going to find anything in MY campsite!' just to make it abundantly clear that if he or his cop buddies went back to my site to search around some more, it would be a big waste of time.

fuck the police.
fuck narcs

bananahambone
10-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Fake narcs are worse. There was a crew going around the South East in 2004-2005 and they would rock fake badges and go on and on about how if you just handed over the contraband there wouldn't be any trouble. So many kids got scammed.. Word got around and people wised up. Pretty sure they caught a beating.

furnace
12-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Hahahaha yes!! Fuck the police.

gswhooper
12-12-2012, 03:12 PM
Fake narcs are worse. There was a crew going around the South East in 2004-2005 and they would rock fake badges and go on and on about how if you just handed over the contraband there wouldn't be any trouble. So many kids got scammed.. Word got around and people wised up. Pretty sure they caught a beating.

LOL. Acutally kinda smart.

Iamwelting
12-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Good rule of thumb: never buy drugs from someone wearing running shoes.

ApacheRunner
12-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Normally I say fuck anyone trying to bum or buy drugs in the fest. Bring your own party supplies but I'm coming from Texas dammit.

I won't be packing my running shoes...

LissyRenee
12-29-2012, 03:34 PM
im a music photographer, i covered ultra this year but unfortunately didnt get the accreditation for coachella but hopefully this year itll all go through. already got weekend 2 tickets for both ultra and coachella, sucks so bad coming from overseas because everyone is a stranger! maybe now ive introduced myself someone will wanna be my friend? haha

Neighborhood Creep
12-29-2012, 04:09 PM
im a music photographer, i covered ultra this year but unfortunately didnt get the accreditation for coachella but hopefully this year itll all go through. already got weekend 2 tickets for both ultra and coachella, sucks so bad coming from overseas because everyone is a stranger! maybe now ive introduced myself someone will wanna be my friend? haha

http://rlv.zcache.com/undercover_cop_hat-p148770491409161574enxqz_400.jpg

Zafocaine
12-30-2012, 07:34 AM
It's okay if a narc pets your pecker, right? As long as you hide the drugs?

jonniboi
12-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Normally I say fuck anyone trying to bum or buy drugs in the fest. Bring your own party supplies but I'm coming from Texas dammit.

I won't be packing my running shoes...

Im from Texas too and had so much trouble finding stuff last year. Thurs night seemed like the ideal night to seek out what we wanted with all the party around us in the campsite but we still struggled. It wasn't until Sat we met some people from Cali during breakfast and hit them up in their campsite. Got everything we wanted and then some. The rest of the fest was great thereafter.

KennKenna
01-03-2013, 09:01 PM
I had a guy come up to me outside Sahara tent and ask me if I "was selling pills" I just told him to go ask someone with glow sticks. I didn't even bring drugs.

Linda Pistola TOTEM
01-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Yes....this did happen a lot more last year. I would say it has a lot to do with the VERY young crowd that seems to have taken up the majority as of recent. If i had a dollar for ever little tween i saw puking off the sides of the Sahara tent or incoherently slouching over alone in the middle of a heavily trafficked/walk through area, I'd be able to buy everyone at coachella a beer. EVEN DROGAS COME WITH RESPONSIBILITY<3

TheCountofMonteDisco
01-06-2013, 01:24 PM
Had a guy walk into our campsite last year, sit down like he owned the place, and ask of we were looking for Molly.

He made chit-chat for a minute but by the look of him, I could tell he was a cop.

We just told him no thanks, were good. We made him feel a little out of place and he left pretty quickly.

Late 40s, white, over weight, tie dyed shirt, bandana, trying way too hard to be selling Molly.

The Fuzz.

Zafocaine
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Hmmm.... if you can't spot a narc, then you probably shouldn't be bringing drugs to a festival anyway. If you're looking to buy drugs at a festival, you probably shouldn't have drugs. If you think you're going to want drugs, you'd better find them before you go, and kee.p them to yourself, and your company. Not to say I think there should be drugs at the festival.... but if I had drugs, and you asked to buy from me, I would almost definitely tell you I didn't know anything about any drugs. If you're cool, you might be able to find someone, but it's worth it to find what you think you'll need before the fest. You'll thank yourself later

isnate
01-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Good advice, except it's pretty hard for people flying in to Palm Springs to find drugs outside the fest.

Zafocaine
01-06-2013, 09:42 PM
If you need any form of medication to enjoy the festival, then it will be worth it for you to rent a vehicle to drive to the festival, or go cold turkey. Herbs should be pretty easy to find in the area, considering how many medical patients there are locally, but if it's anything else, you'll want to bring it. If you're super friendly, you might be able to come across some good hookups in the campground, but I wouldn't count on it lol

eddiebrock
01-10-2013, 02:37 AM
i love trying to spot narcs at festivals. so many at edc vegas last year and just as obvious to spot.

loubque
01-10-2013, 02:46 PM

fuck the police.

i think he was just trying to rob you of your shit.

Its funny how some of you guys get repeated people walking up to you asknig for drugs, should tell you something about how you appear. I smoke joints left and right at my camp site and never have people come ask to buy. Hmm, maybe i should take that as a sign i dont look shady. Or I am just not paranoid.

Reeber
01-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Do people actually get booted from the festival for doing drugs

alyssaf12
01-11-2013, 01:15 PM
I found drugs there, but it was hard. On Saturday at least. On Sunday, walking back to camp from Dre, some chick ran up to my boyfriend and I, said "you guys look like a cute couple" and shoved a bag of shrooms in my hand, then proceeded to run off into the crowed. It was pretty awesome.

alyssaf12
01-11-2013, 01:15 PM

If you act like an idiot, yes.

Azzah1977
01-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Yeah how are you supposed to find people or buy stuff before you get in if you are flying there?

shoegazer76
01-11-2013, 03:04 PM
I found drugs there, but it was hard. On Saturday at least. On Sunday, walking back to camp from Dre, some chick ran up to my boyfriend and I, said "you guys look like a cute couple" and shoved a bag of shrooms in my hand, then proceeded to run off into the crowed. It was pretty awesome.

Sounds exactly like something the dirty pigs there would do. You must've got lucky & probably got lost in the crowd to where they couldn't find you to bust you for possession. They do shady shit like this using tatted up punk rock biker lookin informant whores as entrapment devices.

alyssaf12
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Really? They stick drugs in your hand, run off and then come arrest you? That can't seem true....I'm pretty sure they were packing up camp, had left overs that they couldn't take on the plane and dished em out...

shoegazer76
01-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Look I know from personal experience & they do some illegal entrapment shit & of course get away with it. There are informants & cops there from many different districts and some blend in better than you can imagine. Any means necessary they're gonna make there'$. If any of you get arrested keep your mouths shut and don't say a fucking thing to them. You tell them your lawyer will talk to them for you end of story. you're way better off to not fuck around there.

JustSteve
01-11-2013, 03:22 PM

Fortunately the stupid ones do.

meyouseek
01-11-2013, 03:27 PM
Had a guy walk into our campsite last year, sit down like he owned the place, and ask of we were looking for Molly.

He made chit-chat for a minute but by the look of him, I could tell he was a cop.

We just told him no thanks, were good. We made him feel a little out of place and he left pretty quickly.

Late 40s, white, over weight, tie dyed shirt, bandana, trying way too hard to be selling Molly.

The Fuzz.

The NARCs don't try to sell you drugs, they try to buy them from you.

shoegazer76
01-11-2013, 03:29 PM
CONFIRMED!!!

ohhhhhh mmmyyyyyy gggaaawwwd!!! Coachella really is a RAVE afterall!!!

Zafocaine
01-11-2013, 06:14 PM

I bring enough of whatever I want for me, and another person, but usually show up solo. I've given and sold on the polo grounds to people who knew I was smoking as they were camping right next to me, and seemed pretty cool (aside from the part where they were totally stoked to see the Black Keys return). It's possible to get ahold of whatever you're looking for, but I hate being in that position myself. Would much rather be the guy with extra than to be the guy walking around with that look on his face because he came to a festival ill prepared. All of that having been said... I'm definitely not going to have any drugs this year. Not even a bud. Lol

11WIZARD11
02-11-2013, 11:51 AM
if your really that desperate for drugs, look on the ground. last year i found three separate bags of molly, coke, and bud. There was no way in hell i was going to take something i found on the ground but the people next to me in the crowd were very excited when i gave it to them.

blacklite
02-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Really? They stick drugs in your hand, run off and then come arrest you? That can't seem true....I'm pretty sure they were packing up camp, had left overs that they couldn't take on the plane and dished em out...

i can tell you for a FACT this is true.... at Pop 2010 up here in San Francisco they caught a ton of people that way by using a guy and girl to give out the "free pills" and some rolled out raver chick to try and buy them... and i know its not a rumor because it happend to my roommate and her boyfriend and luckily when he was being tackled he threw whatever it was that he had and they only caught him with the stuff they gave him... which was evidence from another case.... which means his case ended up having to be thrown out and he spent 4 days in jail in redwood city for nothing....

jahmonkey
02-21-2013, 06:03 PM

So sk8njam what do you do for fun...

Seena311
03-11-2013, 05:21 PM
my friend got arrested last year for selling e to a narc. he wasn't dealing or anything someone just approached him and he had an extra pill just one and said sure dude and next thing we knew he was gone. be careful everyone. they use young girls as informants too:/

JustSteve
03-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Selling one pill means he was dealing.

Zafocaine
03-12-2013, 12:19 AM
Selling one pill means he was dealing.

Selling to some random fuck roaming is always a bad idea. If you've talked to the people/person some, and have pretty much felt them out, then act accordingly. Also, you're going to get busted if you sell for profit. I sold some excess for a hook up price, and here I am with a clean record. Some kid tries selling one pill for probably $30 like a fucking shark, and gets a night in jail. Go figure? This shouldn't even be a thread, honestly. It all applies to "common sense."

gswhooper
03-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Selling to some random fuck roaming is always a bad idea. If you've talked to the people/person some, and have pretty much felt them out, then act accordingly. Also, you're going to get busted if you sell for profit. I sold some excess for a hook up price, and here I am with a clean record. Some kid tries selling one pill for probably $30 like a fucking shark, and gets a night in jail. Go figure? This shouldn't even be a thread, honestly. It all applies to "common sense."

So they're arresting you for outrageous prices?

Zafocaine
03-12-2013, 12:36 AM
So they're arresting you for outrageous prices?

They're arresting you because you have a dark aura easily detected by the reptilian race. Are you slow?

shoegazer76
03-12-2013, 05:09 AM

This has to be one of if not THE most ignorant derp ass comment I have ever read on this board.

shoegazer76
03-12-2013, 05:12 AM
It all applies to "common sense."

Of which you have none.

gswhooper
03-12-2013, 08:53 AM
They're arresting you because you have a dark aura easily detected by the reptilian race. Are you slow?

What's your definition of slow?

citizenerased
03-12-2013, 09:04 AM
Also, you're going to get busted if you sell for profit. I sold some excess for a hook up price, and here I am with a clean record. Some kid tries selling one pill for probably $30 like a fucking shark, and gets a night in jail. Go figure? This shouldn't even be a thread, honestly. It all applies to "common sense."
lol WHAT I'm sorry this needs to be quoted again.

Zafocaine
03-12-2013, 04:51 PM
What's your definition of slow?

If you have to ask...

Seena311
03-12-2013, 04:53 PM
he sold it for $5 so he could buy a water bc he was rolling balls. i guess its a mistake he'll never make again

JustSteve
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
Anal rape in jail will do that to a person

Archie Bunker
03-15-2013, 01:02 AM
When I get arrested for buying drugs, I know the first thing on my mind is getting cheap ugg boots.

Zafocaine
03-15-2013, 01:44 AM
he sold it for $5 so he could buy a water bc he was rolling balls. i guess its a mistake he'll never make again

You say that as if he only made one mistake, and that you believe you've identified that mistake. Tons of "who would befriend these twats?" moments while reading your story =)

Chemz
03-15-2013, 09:47 AM
Also, you're going to get busted if you sell for profit. I sold some excess for a hook up price, and here I am with a clean record. Some kid tries selling one pill for probably $30 like a fucking shark, and gets a night in jail. Go figure? This shouldn't even be a thread, honestly. It all applies to "common sense."

I'm just stopping by to triple quote this affront to logic. You shouldn't be arrested for selling drugs; you should be arrested for the most illogical conclusion drawing I've ever seen.

LiquidL
03-15-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm just stopping by to triple quote this affront to logic. You shouldn't be arrested for selling drugs; you should be arrested for the most illogical conclusion drawing I've ever seen.

QFT

Zafocaine
03-15-2013, 05:33 PM

Arrested? I've probably got one of the cleanest records on the board. I did some desperate brits a big favor, and hooked them up with some of God's green so they could enjoy their show. I knew they would be getting high and going to the Black Keys, so I was also doing myself a favor, knowing I wouldn't be at the Black Keys show. We all do our part. If you go to Coachella with drugs, guaranteed, people will know you have drugs. If you go to Coachella with the intent to sell, you're going to be focusing more on the people, and much less on the music. This is why you're going to get busted. I've had people approach me looking for drugs, (and when I say drugs, I usually mean marijuana, which isn't much of a drug at all, or e, which I would never consciously give another human being), but I always had a stage to be at, and didn't trust them. If its your neighbor campers, it should be okay. If it's anyone else, continue with your day. I had a girl with pasties on her nipples trying to get some weed from me. When I said no, she pulled out a baggie of her own and started trying to roll one. Seconds later a security guard came through with a flashlight. She had her stash between her legs, right where the dude shined his light, and he kept walking.

Does that story make sense to you? She was a narc. I don't get arrested, as I'm a keen being. You'd seriously have to be dumb as shit to get arrested on possession. Just saying. I couldn't give a fuck less if you care about my logic or not. My reality dictates my words, for better and for worse. If you disagree with anything, go ahead and prove it. Seems like people think "I hate you. Ignore" is good proof of someone being in the wrong, when in fact it's probably the most pathetic online move anyone can make. It's like when a sibling would do the silent treatment to you... minus the part where you care at all. See? Logic. Breath it in, deep and heavy.

Zafocaine
03-15-2013, 05:35 PM
QFT

And here I thought we were bros ='(

shoegazer76
03-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Zafobaby I don't know why I'm even entertaining you but here it goes.
1. If you sell anything to anybody you are technically breaking the law unless you both have a card and even then it is severely gray legal area in the county you will attend Coachella in.
2. If you get caught with multiples of anything for any reason whether it was personal or not you are going to catch a distro case which will be a felony (thats right kids a felony that will affect your future as a whole especially job opportunities and overall how society views you.) Whether that is important is something each person should determine before they take contraband out of their home and into public places.
3.Everyone thinks of themselves as ever vigilant and smarter than cops but they do a whole lot of unsuspecting devious shit and when kids are partying with their guards dropped shit happens & cases are caught resulting in changed lives for some foolish shit.
4. If you figure out they're genuine British people its definitely alright to share with them. They had a long trip.

LiquidL
03-15-2013, 11:07 PM
And here I thought we were bros ='(

LOL, I find a pleasant subtle endearing quality to your twisted logic so definitely more bros than not.

Just that was an affront to logic thus the QFT. I'd expect none the less from you. :)

Zafocaine
03-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Zafobaby I don't know why I'm even entertaining you but here it goes.
1. If you sell anything to anybody you are technically breaking the law unless you both have a card and even then it is severely gray legal area in the county you will attend Coachella in.
2. If you get caught with multiples of anything for any reason whether it was personal or not you are going to catch a distro case which will be a felony (thats right kids a felony that will affect your future as a whole especially job opportunities and overall how society views you.) Whether that is important is something each person should determine before they take contraband out of their home and into public places.
3.Everyone thinks of themselves as ever vigilant and smarter than cops but they do a whole lot of unsuspecting devious shit and when kids are partying with their guards dropped shit happens & cases are caught resulting in changed lives for some foolish shit.
4. If you figure out they're genuine British people its definitely alright to share with them. They had a long trip.

We, abusers of the law, have a good idea of what we're doing. I'd be willing to catch whatever hell for giving a couple grams of herbal enjoyment to some brits. It'd definitely piss me off, but I'd know I fucked up. To even bring anything other than marijuana, you're asking for trouble. Many of us do bring more than marijuana (I actually don't think I'll be bringing any this year, considering the hassle it brings), and we take risks just bringing our personal stash. If you proceed to try selling anything other than marijuana, you're pretty fucked. If you happen to give a substance to a friend who always partakes in substance abuse, then so be it, but to sell to strangers is a major mistake.

Enter logic. If you're selling any class of substance that is considered illegal with or without script, you're asking to get locked up. I can spot a transaction from a mile away. What makes you think "they" can't do the same? I consider myself to be someone who abides by the law. Policing isn't a concern of mine. The moment you feel you're doing something wrong, just cut it out. Getting shifty eyed and stiff limbed when you see any police officer/ military/ security is really no way to live. They can smell your fear, just as I can. Starts to smell like pepperoni pizza with stuffed crust after awhile.

LOL, I find a pleasant subtle endearing quality to your twisted logic so definitely more bros than not.

Just that was an affront to logic thus the QFT. I'd expect none the less from you. :)

How can I hold hard feelings for someone named LiquidL? My logic is based on energy waves ;)

omerta
03-16-2013, 06:45 AM

Hey, I'm having a longer trip!

LiquidL
03-16-2013, 09:50 AM
How can I hold hard feelings for someone named LiquidL? My logic is based on energy waves ;)

If you start spontaneously tripping at Coachella this year, know that we have met. ;) haha

Zafocaine
03-16-2013, 12:11 PM
If you start spontaneously tripping at Coachella this year, know that we have met. ;) haha

Correction. If I start tripping any time before 4 pm, I'll know that we've met. Can't leave everything to chance!

lolove_rva
03-20-2013, 10:33 AM
They had drug sniffing dogs going around in the AM while everyone was sleeping. I didn't hear the dog barking, but I guess it woke everyone else up. We checked around in the afternoon and found half a blunt near our campsite. Glad they didnt find it/let it slide.

There were NO drug dogs. That's insane. At least in my part of the camp. I was up super early walking around every morning. Don't scare people like that.

Zafocaine
03-21-2013, 12:16 AM
Part of me wants to scare people, and part of me knows how scared it will get me if I do.

Though...

If they need some drug sniffing dogs, I may apply ;)

Rynoo
03-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Just don't be dumb. If they wear athletic shoes pretty safe to say they are a cop. I don't sell anyways but attire attitude and wristbands tel the tale.. don't be dumb

ENluv12
03-21-2013, 10:15 AM
I am pretty sure everyone must think my fiance is a cop by these standards. He wears cargo shorts with a T-shirt and aviators and sneakers.

BlackSweat
03-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Just don't be dumb. If they wear athletic shoes pretty safe to say they are a cop. I don't sell anyways but attire attitude and wristbands tel the tale.. don't be dumb

Strangest rationale I have ever heard. Coachella is one of the few places I DO wear athletic shoes because I am on my feet and walking around all damn day. I'm not a cop.

taco goes to coachella
03-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Strangest rationale I have ever heard. Coachella is one of the few places I DO wear athletic shoes because I am on my feet and walking around all damn day. I'm not a cop.

Yea pretty much.

Rynoo
03-21-2013, 06:00 PM
invest in Sanuks.. can slide them on and off with ease and have the best support ever. i never do a fest without sanuks, actually i did one over new years in normal running shoes and my feet and knees have never taken more of a beating.

Kindoy
03-25-2013, 01:43 AM
dudes were all up in my camp last year. their skills were... unimpressive.

1234FIF
03-25-2013, 01:40 PM
There were NO drug dogs. That's insane. At least in my part of the camp. I was up super early walking around every morning. Don't scare people like that.
It was still dark, between the hours of 4-5 am.

The dog barked followed by a Flashlight lurking around my camp site.

Zafocaine
03-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Do you happen to know the difference between a dog, and a drug sniffing dog, by the sound of its bark?

You paranoid drug addict. If peoples tents were getting raided by dogs, we'd all be talking about it right now. Here're the facts, kids. Security walks around a bit on Thursday night. By Friday afternoon, Coachella camping is fully alive, and cannot be stopped. If cops started raiding tents, the addicted masses would swallow them up in seconds.

I want to call you stupid, but I know there are good stupid people out there who would be offended, you fucking burnout.

lolove_rva
04-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Do you happen to know the difference between a dog, and a drug sniffing dog, by the sound of its bark?

You paranoid drug addict. If peoples tents were getting raided by dogs, we'd all be talking about it right now. Here're the facts, kids. Security walks around a bit on Thursday night. By Friday afternoon, Coachella camping is fully alive, and cannot be stopped. If cops started raiding tents, the addicted masses would swallow them up in seconds.

I want to call you stupid, but I know there are good stupid people out there who would be offended, you fucking burnout.

Well said

brettb88
04-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Last year as I was leaving Dada Life's set in the Sahara some older guy (probably in his 30's) asked me if I had any Molly. I stopped stared him straight in the eye and said "Oink oink motherf*cker." The guy immediately broke eye contact and turned away. I think just for the hell of it this year I'm going to bring in some goldfishes (the cheese cracker) and if anyone asks me I'll tell them, "I've got these killer goldfishes for $10 a pop", and when they give me the money I will hand them nothing but Peppridge Farm goodness.

kerby14
04-06-2013, 12:47 PM
you can still get arrested for that

Goatmeat69
04-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Last year as I was leaving Dada Life's set in the Sahara some older guy (probably in his 30's) asked me if I had any Molly. I stopped stared him straight in the eye and said "Oink oink motherf*cker." The guy immediately broke eye contact and turned away. I think just for the hell of it this year I'm going to bring in some goldfishes (the cheese cracker) and if anyone asks me I'll tell them, "I've got these killer goldfishes for $10 a pop", and when they give me the money I will hand them nothing but Peppridge Farm goodness.
You're such a rebel ohh my.

Zafocaine
04-06-2013, 03:55 PM

What would you have done if it were the 22 year old topless girl walking around the Outdoor stage with flower pasties on her nipples? This girl approached me and asked if I had anything to smoke. I said no. She said, "Oh, because I saw you smoking something." I think I might have gotten a blowjob out of it if I'd just said "Oink oink motherfucker." Did that guy take you back to your tent and blow you, or is this story boring and ridiculous?

Relic
04-06-2013, 03:58 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/2OvOEFFLpYU/0.jpg

Zafocaine
04-06-2013, 04:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOMqqI-kzHY

themule
04-07-2013, 12:05 AM
By Friday afternoon, Coachella camping is fully alive, and cannot be stopped.

^This.

I think I might have gotten a blowjob out of it if I'd just said "Oink oink motherfucker." Did that guy take you back to your tent and blow you, or is this story boring and ridiculous?

Sig worthy.

Annikaatschool
04-07-2013, 10:38 PM
You're a good man! :) :pulse
I gave away

1234FIF
04-07-2013, 11:06 PM

why you mad?

lolololololol.

Beanbean
04-08-2013, 10:18 AM
If cops started raiding tents, the addicted masses would swallow them up in seconds.

You really think the car camping druggies and the few sane people could over come the cops if they really wanted to fuck us over?

arbsn
04-08-2013, 12:26 PM
cops arent looking for people blazing trees or rolling they are looking for people who have a pound of green or 100 grams of moly hiddin in their underwear

baily
04-08-2013, 01:33 PM
If you are stupid enough to be smoking weed in the wide open where some cop might smell it and see you doing it...yea you're gonna get busted. Use your f'n head and go in your tent or somewhere where you aren't in wide open spaces.
There are cops there in uniform - they are not looking for drugs, they are there to make sure everyone is good to go.
The undercover cops are there hunting and pecking looking for sellers and those using in the wide open acting like it's 1969 Woodstock.

How do I know? Met the head of Coachella security last year and we hung out for about 4 hours chatting with his family.

Rule #1 - Do not sell!!!! If you want to give someone -even the undercover a free hit....they'll pass, but you won't be arrested. If you even try to get $3 for a few hits...they gonna cuff ya and take you directly to jail. You will not be able to tell the age of the undercover agents. Saw some pictures and one of the ladies could pass for being 18...she had a ton of arrests (according to him) ...stated she even had people in cuffs and stopped other people to see if they were selling and caught more in a single sweep.

The amount of $ they take is amazing. He said 2 girls selling had over $12,000 in cash on them when they caught them.

Rule 2 - take your stuff in hidden places and don't act like your f'n king of the world doing it in the wide open.

follow the advice and you'll be fine

gswhooper
04-08-2013, 01:39 PM
How do I know? Met the head of Coachella security last year and we hung out for about 4 hours chatting with his family.

mikeoley
04-08-2013, 01:59 PM
There will be dogs randomly checking cars this year upon entry. Be careful and hide your shit.

isnate
04-08-2013, 02:04 PM
There will be dogs randomly checking cars this year upon entry. Be careful and hide your shit.

Lemme guess, your poodle/chihuahua mix told you this as he took a shit on your carpet this morning.

mikeoley
04-08-2013, 02:23 PM
No, smart ass, a friend who is at the festival working it now.

That was an awesome reply though. You should really feel good about yourself.

Lemme guess, your poodle/chihuahua mix told you this as he took a shit on your carpet this morning.

isnate
04-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Big thanks for the encouragement friend.

Zafocaine
04-08-2013, 04:44 PM
You really think the car camping druggies and the few sane people could over come the cops if they really wanted to fuck us over?

Tent to tent dog checks for narcotics would never happen. It would never happen in the campgrounds check-in, either, as the dogs would be going fucking nuts the entire time. If Gestapo tactics were being used, I think the cowardly druggies would either split the scene, or realize their numbers. Not sure how it went from me explaining how bullshit these fears are, to you taking it seriously in any way, but it's not going to happen. A music festival without drugs is an empty music festival.

Wonderbot
04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
I'm sportin' cop glasses, cop haircut, and cop stash this year.

Thinking about putting on some cargo pants too just to cement the look. Can't wait to see people's freaked out looks when they spark a joint in front of me and I stare them down

JustSteve
04-08-2013, 05:43 PM
Stare 'em down? Just tell them to hand it over if they want to walk away. Then puff on it right in their face.

Wonderbot
04-08-2013, 05:53 PM
Stare 'em down? Just tell them to hand it over if they want to walk away. Then puff on it right in their face.

Haha I don't want to be a complete asshole. I just want to spook 'em a little. All of a sudden a 6'6" guy with his arms crossed, cop shades, cop stash BOO! lol

Back when I was a teenager I used to pull that routine at raves wearing a "SECURITY" shirt or "POLICE" and scare the shit out of e-tards.

Darth_Bater
04-08-2013, 06:05 PM

Last year, we were getting our 21+ wristbands in the campgrounds, and security comes by asking if we had seen two or three guys with yellow shirts, that were posing as security. Apparently they were going around to campsites and confiscating illegal things they found.

Seems like a pretty good scam, hard to go to the police/security and tell them some guys came by and took your illegal substances.

brettb88
04-08-2013, 07:28 PM
Tent to tent dog checks for narcotics would never happen. It would never happen in the campgrounds check-in, either, as the dogs would be going fucking nuts the entire time. If Gestapo tactics were being used, I think the cowardly druggies would either split the scene, or realize their numbers. Not sure how it went from me explaining how bullshit these fears are, to you taking it seriously in any way, but it's not going to happen. A music festival without drugs is an empty music festival.

Exactly, they know that people take drugs at these things. The cops have one purpose at the festival: to ensure the safety of festival attendees. To a cop, this means that they need to find drug dealers and provide backup to the festival security when necessary. Why do you think that we've never heard of anyone getting busted for buying? (If you have please share) And yes, agreed: If there were dogs then they would be going nuts the whole time.

Wonderbot
04-09-2013, 12:55 AM
Exactly, they know that people take drugs at these things. The cops have one purpose at the festival: to ensure the safety of festival attendees. To a cop, this means that they need to find drug dealers and provide backup to the festival security when necessary. Why do you think that we've never heard of anyone getting busted for buying? (If you have please share) And yes, agreed: If there were dogs then they would be going nuts the whole time.

Um... you will absolutely get busted if you offer to buy from the wrong person.

tone_yo
04-09-2013, 02:45 PM
Every year there are Drug Dog rumors and i certainly hope they are not true again this year. I have personally witnessed security and police raiding campsites and arresting people. Normally they are tipped off or stumble upon the unlucky group smoking weed in the middle of their camp, just asking to be searched. Just be smart.

Zafocaine
04-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Every year there are Drug Dog rumors and i certainly hope they are not true again this year. I have personally witnessed security and police raiding campsites and arresting people. Normally they are tipped off or stumble upon the unlucky group smoking weed in the middle of their camp, just asking to be searched. Just be smart.

U A LIE. U IZ A GADAM LIE.

You mean Coachella is no longer an extension of Amsterdam? Ouch! We're going to have to actually zip our tents up when we smoke?! What a fucking outrage.

It shouldn't take saying. If you're that fucking stupid, enjoy the show from youtube. I frequent a green smoke inside the venue, but it's not like I'm at home on the couch lighting up all day. It's a different place, and if you treat it like you're at home on the couch, you're going to lose out.

enginedown
04-09-2013, 09:44 PM
Has anyone ever had their wristband cut, or been arrested, for getting caught with something in the car camping line?