PDA

View Full Version : VIP problems for all

RJAYLUMIBAO
04-14-2012, 09:58 AM
For the last 3years Ive noticed that people with VIP have always been aloud in the front of the stage , in the rose garden , and other VIP area .... I got the vip last year and had no problem So thiswe decided to get VIP and when we first got there we were told that once a again that VIP was aloud up front and same privileges as every year krill later during the day when we wanted to get upfront they told us that it changed and we weren't aloud anywhere different but the rose garden and that VIP is just a wast of $300..well we spoke to the head security of every stage, a women a customer service who was rude as all hell and others who were working and we got such mixed answers that no one seemed to jow what was going on... I was told to bad that this is how it has always been and I would have no chance getting money back or anying by customer service, I was told from the head surcurity of a few stages that for the last 3 years or so it has just changed this year and showed me a border that had VIP yes but a price of tape I it that was over the yes but changed to no for allowing people up front ....what is going on this year ?!?!? Even around 10 pm I tried to get into the rose garden and it was so backed up that no one could get in ... It took 20 min to get threw the gate to get in !? What is going on this year!!!!!

YouthD
04-14-2012, 10:04 AM
wow dude, thats a great way to start off on the forums. Make two threads about the exact same thing. Again, they have never (atleast in the past 3 years) allowed VIPs into the fron stage area.

captncrzy
04-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I started to red-pen edit this to be an asshole, but I gave up in the first sentence.

Jesus Christ. Stop worrying about VIP people and go back to school.

Riggins33
04-14-2012, 02:02 PM
"Aloud", was my favorite part.

Stickjohn
04-14-2012, 04:00 PM
MAYBE HE MEANT IT WAS LOUD IN FRONT OF THE STAGE.

insbordnat
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
That's circular logic, considering he wasn't aloud in the front of the stage. OR WAS HE?!?!

iammrcandyman
04-14-2012, 07:23 PM
You sound like the the exact type of prick I'd expect in the VIP, walking around Coachella demanding you get your special privileges rather than just letting loose and having a good time.

Michelle760
04-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Sucks...

HandBanana
04-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Have you tried shitting into your own mouth?

I know it sounds oblique, but it gets results.

billtino
04-15-2012, 12:24 AM
Caviar is raw fish eggs btw...

DaytonaDave
04-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Grammar aside, I have seen the areas he mentioned. But I have only seen them used for special groups like KROQ contest winners or people with backstage passes when the artist 'closes' backstage during their performance.

I usually get VIP tickets (and a couple of times lucky enough to have backstage), but the value of the VIP perks seem to go down every year. VIP used to be the only place to get a real drink and chill between acts. Now you can get drinks outside of VIP and they oversell the VIP section to the point you can barely walk around and good luck finding a seat. If there really were a VIP section at the front of each stage, that would be a cool perk and help justify the added expense. Hopefully the OP is right and by next weekend they alou VIPs in there.

YouthD
04-15-2012, 09:05 AM
For the past 3 years I've never been allowed in there (had VIP). So, I'm pretty sure they're not gonna change that...ever.

wellspun
04-15-2012, 09:30 AM
Yeah, you're trippin'. I had VIP in 2010 (first year I went), and found that unless you LOVE hanging out in the VIP area instead of watching live bands, it's a complete waste of money. Those areas in the front of the stage are for people with other wristbands: Press/Photo, Backstage, Production, Artist, etc.. Needless to say I haven't worried about paying for VIP since then. From what I saw it was as much a "look at me" fashion show as anything else. Quit bitching, and go watch some bands.

stellarpoet22
04-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Fuck a VIP
Im on 113
What's gucci?

iammrcandyman
04-15-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gDhv5-7FL8

wstsidela
04-15-2012, 02:08 PM
VIP was a ripoff this year. Coachella officially jumped the shark. I bought the passes for my kids and they were turned back at almost every stage. Fuck those simps they hire for security.

wstsidela
04-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Btw didnt buy VIP for myself. IMHO it is big waste of money but my kids love annoying the hipsters.

Lynn163
04-16-2012, 07:15 PM
We only did the VIP upgrade in 09, and all it got you was those couches that we never sat in. I know never heard of it getting you in front of stages. But then, things might have changed since 09. I loved when The Hives yelled at the VIP's, and for Tom Hanks to sit down.

Lynn163
04-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Oh, and wstsidela, I think I was behind you and your kids taking pictures during Pulp. 2 boys and a gal? If it was you and your kids, everyone looked like they were having a blast!

iamellyn
04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I really don't understand why people even get it. I guess you can hob-knob with fancy ass people. I loved hearing The Hives lead singer rip them a new one.

JustSteve
04-16-2012, 10:36 PM
VIP was a ripoff this year. Coachella officially jumped the shark. I bought the passes for my kids and they were turned back at almost every stage. Fuck those simps they hire for security.

really? nowhere in the description does it say you get special stage access.

guedita
04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Here's what really got in my craw: no fucking VIP pedestrian access through the VIP parking lot coming into the festival on Saturday. Here's what I was told,

"We can't have you walking in where there are cars driving, you could get hit.

And I was forced to take the already ridiculously long and unnecessary pedestrian route that dumped me through the campgrounds.

Zippy024
04-16-2012, 10:43 PM
Good God. I couldn't get past the first couple of sentences. PLEASE go back to school and make yourself useful. A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

YouthD
04-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Here's what really got in my craw: no fucking VIP pedestrian access through the VIP parking lot coming into the festival on Saturday. Here's what I was told,

"We can't have you walking in where there are cars driving, you could get hit.

And I was forced to take the already ridiculously long and unnecessary pedestrian route that dumped me through the campgrounds.

I think it mainly depended on who was working, as I drove in to park, i saw a couple guys walking in and through the parking area.

guedita
04-16-2012, 11:09 PM
So what? It's fucking problematic and absurd to deny someone with a VIP pass access to the VIP parking lot if they are on foot and not in a car.

anonimouse
04-16-2012, 11:30 PM
So what? It's fucking problematic and absurd to deny someone with a VIP pass access to the VIP parking lot if they are on foot and not in a car.

that IS a joke. we walked in this year and we kept talking about how nice it would be if we had VIP JUST to cut about a mile off our walk. guess that wasnt the case without a car. for a festival that encourages green travel thats pretty fucking stupid (but again likely the fault of an ignorant security douche like so many of the issues every year)

gayathomemom
04-17-2012, 07:20 PM
We did VIP this year too. I don't think it is worth it. They did oversell it. Unless you are there between about 11am and 2pm, you are not going to get to sit on those lovely couches. They did have an air conditioned tent with tables and chairs, which was nice. The food choices are nice as well. But, the above poster is right, unless you just like hanging in VIP areas and not seeing any bands, it's nice.

As far as special stage access, I think paying almost double the GA price should get you some sort of access. We did get into the special access section at the Gobi tent on Friday and Saturday. They closed it down Sunday.

So, access to those areas front/side stage (even just letting a limited amount of VIP in- kinda first come, first served if they are worried about numbers) and limiting VIP sales would make it worth it. Otherwise, save your money for booze, food and merch.

Sexecutioner
04-17-2012, 09:03 PM
I had VIP for the first time this year. I'd never been one to pay for it, but a buddy of mine had some connections this year and hooked us up. I never thought I'd say this, but I might have to save up a little more from now on and pay for VIP every year. Just the lack of lines and easy access to everything you need is so clutch. People watching in the VIP is also top notch when you have a bit of downtime to grab a beer. I hope they never allow VIP to get special access at the stages though. That should be for the real fans who put in the time and effort to camp out for a spot regardless of how much money they have or who they know.

gayathomemom
04-17-2012, 10:21 PM
I had VIP for the first time this year. I'd never been one to pay for it, but a buddy of mine had some connections this year and hooked us up. I never thought I'd say this, but I might have to save up a little more from now on and pay for VIP every year. Just the lack of lines and easy access to everything you need is so clutch. People watching in the VIP is also top notch when you have a bit of downtime to grab a beer. I hope they never allow VIP to get special access at the stages though. That should be for the real fans who put in the time and effort to camp out for a spot regardless of how much money they have or who they know.

How about if you are a real fan who has money? Or someone who is barely 5'2" that is stuck going with not real fans?

Sexecutioner
04-17-2012, 11:05 PM
How about if you are a real fan who has money? Or someone who is barely 5'2" that is stuck going with not real fans?

If you want it bad enough, then put in the effort to get a good spot like everybody else. The people who camp out all day to see their favorite band deserve to be up front, not stuck behind somebody who just happens to have a rich daddy.

RezBanana
04-17-2012, 11:40 PM
Should of spent the the extra money on a fucking tutor....

Bumblebee
04-19-2012, 03:21 PM
They don't allow VIPs into the front area because there isn't enough room for the 9,000 people that are willing to pay double. This number was revealed last year in the billboard box score.

KickerConspiracy
04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
It's hard to wow gold (http://www.wowgold12345.com)
envision a computer you are able to carry on with the eyes, wow gold (http://www.bestwowgolds.com)
anyway the technologies exists and want be at one's disposal on shop shelves in the following several of several years.
Swedish unwavering Tobii, a be a prime mover in peer at tracking technology, has about of a trail to maintain the open out blind of a notebook wow gold (http://www.bestwowgolds.com)
or desktop with your eyes that's actuate within a spot of an inch.
The engineering was 1st created offered to men and women with handicaps, but it definitely is progressed and can soon be accessible to the basic every tom.
Fairly soon it is achievable to test e-mails along with your arms behind your chairperson, scrolling up and down with your eyes. Or in holder you are taking in behalf of in FIFA soccer it is possible to alter a purposefulness where to fly the ball by thinking hither the characters upper class left-wing corner in the goal.
.................................................. .................................................. ...........................

le *sigh*. At least this forum uses the rel=nofollow directive. Sent your site along to G for review. enjoy!

Riflesmile
04-20-2012, 11:34 PM
They don't allow VIPs into the front area because there isn't enough room for the 9,000 people that are willing to pay double. This number was revealed last year in the billboard box score.

I think we will see higher numbers this year. I went VIP this year and in 2011 and it was FAR more crowded this year. At one point I had to queue for 20 minutes to get into main stage VIP to meet someone before going to a set - that's when you know you have been ripped off.....

CasualJJ
04-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Had a guest pass and got mean looks from disappointed VIP wristband holders when I went into an empty guest viewing space that was WAAAAAAY too big. I feel for you guys. VIP is bullshit.

socalguy100
04-23-2012, 06:21 AM
The guest viewing spaces should be MUCH smaller.

greghead
04-23-2012, 06:37 AM
For the last 3years Ive noticed that people with VIP have always been aloud in the front of the stage , in the rose garden , and other VIP area .... I got the vip last year and had no problem So thiswe decided to get VIP and when we first got there we were told that once a again that VIP was aloud up front and same privileges as every year krill later during the day when we wanted to get upfront they told us that it changed and we weren't aloud anywhere different but the rose garden and that VIP is just a wast of $300..well we spoke to the head security of every stage, a women a customer service who was rude as all hell and others who were working and we got such mixed answers that no one seemed to jow what was going on... I was told to bad that this is how it has always been and I would have no chance getting money back or anying by customer service, I was told from the head surcurity of a few stages that for the last 3 years or so it has just changed this year and showed me a border that had VIP yes but a price of tape I it that was over the yes but changed to no for allowing people up front ....what is going on this year ?!?!? Even around 10 pm I tried to get into the rose garden and it was so backed up that no one could get in ... It took 20 min to get threw the gate to get in !? What is going on this year!!!!!

Cloud9? Wait, no, cloud is much more coherent.

heart cooks brain
04-23-2012, 06:48 AM
"Aloud", was my favorite part.

same

heart cooks brain
04-23-2012, 06:52 AM
i was walking through lot 8 saturday to get in to the venue and heard some over-priveleged fuckwads bitching about going through security twice.

'everyone has to go through security twice', i say.

'fuck that, we didn't pay $3000 to go through two security lines.'

' sorry you're an idiot.'

nahuatldream
04-23-2012, 07:08 AM

Oh, the irony! You're right, though, he should HAVE.

ELIZA83TH
04-23-2012, 04:48 PM
This year, when catching Nero at the Sahara tent, I saw people being let into a small area just to the left of the stage & it looked like they were wearing VIP wristbands (although I didn't have to best view with the several feet in front of me full of people). This alone made me think VIP may be worth it next year… but I've been reading several reviews on it, and was wondering if it would be worth it to double the price of my ticket for VIP next year. In other words: is the extra space, additional food/drink selection, convenient walkways, and air conditioned areas that are all promised worth it in the end?

kalequeen
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Sorry - Lots of meanies and haters - apparently jealous that you had the bucks to pay for VIP. And I agree, when you pay for something, you should get it. I also got ripped off paying for VIP - never again. Always someone out there trying to steal from ya. I've been to the last 3 Coachella Festivals and thought this one was the absolute WORST run event I've ever attended.
Lots of DUMB ASSES working the event this year.
Thank you to the few workers who were AWESOME, HELPFUL AND SUPER COOL!!!

JustSteve
04-23-2012, 05:50 PM
you sound like a miserable person to begin with, though.

JustSteve
04-23-2012, 05:51 PM
This year, when catching Nero at the Sahara tent, I saw people being let into a small area just to the left of the stage & it looked like they were wearing VIP wristbands

those were guest passes. general public can't buy them.

ELIZA83TH
04-23-2012, 05:56 PM

ahh, i see! thank you for clearing that up!

Michelle760
04-23-2012, 10:24 PM
forget VIP. not worth it

Dogvolta
04-24-2012, 06:16 AM
I stopped reading this guy's post after the third "sentence". Such a pain in the ass to read. USE PERIODS, IT IS NOT HARD.

heart cooks brain
04-24-2012, 06:29 AM
a 'woman' that works in my office commented on another co-workers fb status without using any punctuation whatsoever.

i very calmly replied, ' punctuation is your friend'.

"What's punctuation?' she inquires to her office-mate.

lulz ensue.

C DUB YA
01-09-2013, 07:30 PM
If you want it bad enough, then put in the effort to get a good spot like everybody else. The people who camp out all day to see their favorite band deserve to be up front, not stuck behind somebody who just happens to have a rich daddy.

This x10

SEEDYMIG420
01-10-2013, 01:14 AM
Coachella vet here. 2013 will be my 11th. VIP is a big waste of money!!! Also...What the fuck is up with the "Guest" sections??? The worse one, is the Coachella stage. Right in front of the stage. I was cool with the barriers that run down the middle, but the section in front of the stage is some bullshit. Also, I'm starting a fund...get the guy who started this thread a private English 101 tutor. Lets get this guy some quality "edumacation"....I mean education ;0)

gswhooper
01-10-2013, 09:03 AM
To the OP who will probably never log on again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpuRcmPnSTM

NeedMoreChorizo
01-12-2013, 11:35 AM

Security guards told us it was for VIP people. But then again, security usually has no idea what's going on.

TomAz
01-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Coachella vet here. 2013 will be my 11th. VIP is a big waste of money!!! Also...What the fuck is up with the "Guest" sections??? The worse one, is the Coachella stage. Right in front of the stage. I was cool with the barriers that run down the middle, but the section in front of the stage is some bullshit. Also, I'm starting a fund...get the guy who started this thread a private English 101 tutor. Lets get this guy some quality "edumacation"....I mean education ;0)

I remember you. Nice to see you haven't gotten any smarter.

Courtney
01-12-2013, 12:26 PM

People who camp out in front of one stage all day destroy the spirit of music festivals. If you only care about one band/performer, just go to a solo show. If it was up to me, security would clear out every stage after every performance.

IceyHotshot
01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
destroy the spirit of music festivals

lol

People who camp out all day don't effect my enjoyment at all. Let them do what they want.

Cheddar's Cousin
01-12-2013, 02:02 PM

I believe what you meant to say was, "a hooker."

heart cooks brain
01-12-2013, 02:19 PM
People who camp out in front of one stage all day destroy the spirit of music festivals. If you only care about one band/performer, just go to a solo show. If it was up to me, security would clear out every stage after every performance.

It Is nice the way Bonnaroo does it, where the front pit empties out after every set. Problem is there's too much good stuff going on to waste an hour waiting in line at Coachella.

TomAz
01-12-2013, 08:26 PM

I'm not one of these people, but still, this seems a little bossy to me. I mean, if it were up to me, security would gun down half the people at Coachella. Good thing it's not up to me.

algunz
01-13-2013, 10:15 AM
I had VIP for 2010 because of a generous friend. I was grateful to have it that year because I could get away from the clusterfuck, otherwise I don't see much of a point especially if you're paying for it. This year I believe we're going to get lucky again, but it's really about getting away from the chaos just for a few moments and enjoy a cold beverage.

gmfortner
02-12-2013, 08:02 PM
This year, when catching Nero at the Sahara tent, I saw people being let into a small area just to the left of the stage & it looked like they were wearing VIP wristbands (although I didn't have to best view with the several feet in front of me full of people). This alone made me think VIP may be worth it next year… but I've been reading several reviews on it, and was wondering if it would be worth it to double the price of my ticket for VIP next year. In other words: is the extra space, additional food/drink selection, convenient walkways, and air conditioned areas that are all promised worth it in the end?

The area in front is for a few different wrist band holders. Artist, Production, Artist Guests, and Safari Tent guests. The only way they can be purchase is via a Safari Tent.

Shanman
03-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Ugh, I blew it and feel like a total Dork !! = I bought VIP in a Panic when purchasing, I'm going solo, first Coachella, my girl can't come with me so I'm kinda scoping it out.
I went to the Farm, Roo, the last 2 yrs. and VIP can be semi life saving there: if you're flying in, and take the shuttle in, haul your gear in and camp.
We met awesome folks there !
Oh well, I'm sure I'll still make the best of it, I'm there for the Music and hopefully, meet some cool peeps
Cheers, ;)

ActionComics
03-27-2013, 05:16 PM
Port-a-potties are open all night, grab one if you dont mind sitting and sleeping.
Cheers,:D
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag8/ojk714/Benders_apartment_room_zps79be7803.jpg

TomAz
03-28-2013, 10:31 AM
it's really about getting away from the chaos just for a few moments and enjoy a cold beverage.

Yes. that and the parking.

Hayleymoo
04-07-2013, 10:03 PM
how did these morons get in the front section?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDVkIAoGzIE

themule
04-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Find yourself a picnic bench, hold it over your head, push and shove to the front of every show you want to see, stand on said picnic bench and dance like a boss. fuck the police.