PDA

View Full Version : Why is it?

pitapitscv
03-28-2007, 01:29 PM
why is it that Festivals like bonnaroo and austin city limits add additions and set times months in advance of the show... But goldenvoice always waits till the last minute. This is definately so cals biggest festival and you would think that they would be more concert goer friendly..Maybe alot of groups just don't want to deal with goldenvoice....hmmm...Ive been doing coachella since the first year and its always the same shit.......someone please explain...

jackstraw94086
03-28-2007, 01:33 PM
what exactly would you do with set times month before the show?

and acts get added (and some have to withdraw) right up to wire. it's dumb to lock in a bunch of set time and then change them last minute. That would piss you off more than not giving them to you at all.

Alchemy
03-28-2007, 01:34 PM
Because they can listen to us talk and use a lot more time to schedule bands at its greatest potential.

summerkid
03-28-2007, 01:37 PM
anyways i believe they are releasing them earlier this year.

jackstraw94086
03-28-2007, 01:38 PM
GV's not stupid. and I think it's naive to assume they aren't listening and don't know which acts shouln't be conflicting.

Besides. Many of the acts are constrained by their existing tours on the west coast. They may need to play on a certain day or play early or late because they're rushing to or from another city.

bonaroo's more of a trek and they can dictate more to the acts and force them to play when they want.

invisiblerobots
03-28-2007, 01:53 PM
anyways i believe they are releasing them earlier this year.

Where'd you get this idea?

Daft Fro
03-28-2007, 01:56 PM
...They're listening eh?

Well listen up GV: No conflicts list plz? =D

Fri: Bjork/Sonic Youth/Faithless/DJ Shadow (this one asks of too much I' think... =\ )

Sat: Arcade Fire/Decemberists/The Good, The Bad, & The Queen

...........Black Keys/MSTRKRFT - Justice/PB&J

Sun: I'm flexible with sunday :P

luveebunni08
03-28-2007, 01:56 PM
i can see how it would help in the planning but if you think about it you'd be weeding out a lot of music because you would know you weren't going to see certain acts. i love it in a way. sure, it's a bit masochistic to like the toruture of the mere idea of horrible schedule conflicts. it gives me the oppertunity to give everything a fair listen before i make any decisions.

ghettojournalist
03-28-2007, 03:02 PM
...They're listening eh?

Well listen up GV: No conflicts list plz? =D

Fri: Bjork/Sonic Youth/Faithless/DJ Shadow (this one asks of too much I' think... =\ )

Sat: Arcade Fire/Decemberists/The Good, The Bad, & The Queen

...........Black Keys/MSTRKRFT - Justice/PB&J

Sun: I'm flexible with sunday :P

have you done this on your community page?

we have been notified that the powers-that-be are taking this into consideration.

Daft Fro
03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
have you done this on your community page?

we have been notified that the powers-that-be are taking this into consideration.

Ah really? cool I'll have to login and update~