PDA

View Full Version : Bar meet up Thursday evening??

Michelle
03-27-2007, 05:33 PM
Anyone interested in meeting up somewhere Thursday evening before the festival?? I am rolling solo. Thought it would be fun to meet some people and get all hyped up for the show! I'll be staying in La Quinta (5 min from the fields). Anyway, if anyone wants to meet up at a bar or coffee shop or wherever and to make some friends and talk music, let me know!

Counting down the days...

Omar1
03-27-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm always down to party.

blakely
03-27-2007, 05:50 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/oneboystragicend/gonnagetraped.jpg

suprefan
03-27-2007, 06:03 PM
Yes another year I miss the meet up, Arcade Fire is keeping me busy. And yeah if the above post is any indication as to what happens keep me out.

rampaige
03-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Well I'm all for a good rapin'. Count me in.

We fly into LA though. Not sure what time we'll actually make it to Coachella-land.

jimmycrackcorn
03-27-2007, 06:06 PM
hell it sounds like fun to me...
i'll check this thread from time to time and see if it catches on...
-waves-

Michelle
03-27-2007, 06:07 PM
haha, hopefully nothing sketchy happens. i meant more for a mass meet up! whatever. i'm sure i'll meet plenty of cool people at the festival and / or enjoy the show on my own either way. can't wait for it to get here!!

blakely
03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
i'm sure i'll meet plenty of cool people at the festival and / or enjoy the show on my own either way.

nope... you'll be in a ditch... covered in some Arcade Fire fan's semen.....

SojuGorae
03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm down. I'll out-drink all you bitches.

SubBass49
03-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Last year we went to some sports bar type place in Palm Desert that was pretty dope. It was damn large and wasn't sketchy at all. Anyone from around there know the spot? We were with a local, so I dont remember the name of the place...I think it was off Varner or Washington quite a ways South of the 10.

Quentin
03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Totally in if I can make it down by then...I'm planning to. We should exchange contact info, just in case :D

jimmycrackcorn
03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
two places that i recommend would be "burgers & beer" in indio (described it in the good eats in indio/coachella thread) or "the yardhouse" in the river @ rancho mirage...

bballarl
03-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Or Beerhunter in La Quinta.

SubBass49
03-28-2007, 05:20 PM
I think it was BeerHunter that we went to last year...pretty big place right?

All That I Am
03-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I guess me and my crew are in

back4more
03-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Somewhere within walking distance, or a short cab ride form the campsite would be the go. The beerhunter would seem to be the closest option, and they have pool tables and table football.

IfYouSeeKay
03-28-2007, 08:34 PM
SOunds good. Palm Springs is a way nicer area then near then Indio though. Theres an Elephant BAr in Palm Springs.. and a bunch of smaller bars. Smaller BArs = Stronger Drinks.
:)

SubBass49
03-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Too bad they dont have "The Arizona" in Palm Desert...all you San Diego heads should know what I'm talking about...

Too bad about that place closing down...shit had been open since before WWII hadn't it? Strongest & cheapest drinks anywhere in San Diego, and only a few blocks from the beach.

TomAz
03-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Smaller BArs = Stronger Drinks.

this is a well known fact and a result of a basic law of physics. In larger bars the alcohol is spread over more people and hence is more diluted.

amyzzz
03-29-2007, 08:01 AM
I don't know what I'd do with myself at a bar, unless there was a good DJ, so I'm probably out. I guess I'll be wandering about the campground Thursday night.

Courtney
03-29-2007, 08:04 AM
Drinking isn't the only thing to do at bars. There's meeting people and talking and enjoying each other's company and stuff like that... just sayin.

Also, I probably can't do anything on Thursday night, because I won't be driving in until late.

amyzzz
03-29-2007, 08:06 AM
Drinking isn't the only thing to do at bars. There's meeting people and talking and enjoying each other's company and stuff like that...
..which would only work for me if I was intoxicated in some way. I'm not very good with meeting new people, especially at bars. I'm going to try to meet people this year, at least at the campground.

Michelle
03-29-2007, 08:08 AM
this is a well known fact and a result of a basic law of physics. In larger bars the alcohol is spread over more people and hence is more diluted.

haha. awesome. let's find the smallest bar we can.

sounding like beer hunter is a good option...

Courtney
03-29-2007, 08:12 AM
..which would only work for me if I was intoxicated in some way. I'm not very good with meeting new people, especially at bars. I'm going to try to meet people this year, at least at the campground.

I understand that. I mostly meant that I like going to bars to spend time with friends I already have.

Meeting new people can be annoying. Or it can be really cool. I guess it depends on the people.

becomingcloser
03-29-2007, 08:16 AM
i'm bringing a bottle of bison grass vodka straight from poland for the campsite. sorry, i won't be joining.

Billy
03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
You can count on me and my buddy to join, we were planing on finding a bar and getting shithoused anyway, just let me know where and about what time you guys are meeting up, if anyone needs a ride we will have a car as well

caco0283
03-29-2007, 08:34 AM
if you see a brown man with hair like noah from the soon to be two time ncaa championship team that's not me....but if you see a brown man with hair like noah from the soon to be two time ncaa championship team and he's giving everyone patron shots in the parking lot just before they hop in their car...well that just might be me

TomAz
03-29-2007, 08:36 AM
i'm bringing a bottle of bison grass vodka straight from poland for the campsite. sorry, i won't be joining.

I take it your board nick is meant to be ironic?

kimery08
03-29-2007, 09:14 AM
if you see a brown man with hair like noah from the soon to be two time ncaa championship team that's not me....but if you see a brown man with hair like noah from the soon to be two time ncaa championship team and he's giving everyone patron shots in the parking lot just before they hop in their car...well that just might be me

again, i want to meet you in the parking lot. i will bring the lime wedges.

caco0283
03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
again i will not sleep with you...im a taken man...and plan on staying that way until i get bored

kimery08
03-29-2007, 09:18 AM
sleeping with you? pssh. get off it.

caco0283
03-29-2007, 09:22 AM
again there is nothing to get off cos nothing will be on....now if i have to remind you again im going to have to put you on my ignore list until i see you posted again

kimery08
03-29-2007, 12:10 PM
perfect.

caco0283
03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
damnit i just had to take you off ignore

becomingcloser
03-29-2007, 12:17 PM
I take it your board nick is meant to be ironic?

i started using it when i was a teenager for screen names... combination of two nine inch nails songs. then i just kind of started to like the way the two words sounded together.

now, i also understand that there's a website http://www.becomingcloser.org which makes it even better.

iwishbillhickswascoming..
03-29-2007, 02:12 PM
me and about 6 other engleesh-type boyos are flying into LAX on the 25th, cant decide if we should stray in LA till Coachella since weve never been, or hit coachella valley early and make some new fwiends before all hell breaks loose. So yeah, I guess were in for some kind of secret society meety-uppy ting. That way we can all stroke our moustaches and say 'piffle'. Then everyone will KNOW were English x

gaypalmsprings
03-29-2007, 02:15 PM
there are no gay bars in Indio

SubBass49
03-29-2007, 03:04 PM
lol...was that a personal observation, or advice for iwishbillhickswascoming..?

-- J

hawkingvsreeve
03-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Wherever Dude Jones plays is where this should take place.

gmoneyak
03-29-2007, 10:36 PM
Haha...funny thread..

Now I REALLY do want to meet you all.... I'll be bouncing around Palm Springs, stumbling into the tennis club...

SubBass49
03-30-2007, 04:52 AM
lol...fuck bars...we should just take over a motel 6 parking lot and get 40s. LoL

RienOneTexas
03-30-2007, 08:02 AM
I would love to hang out with all you guys on this this thread! All of you guys seem cool to me. I'll be there on thrs afternoon, from texas! We would love to hang out with some cool down to earth people who know how and where to go! If anyone needs anything, or has some ideas, I'm down!

take2andpass
03-30-2007, 02:33 PM
I just so happen to be cheking in to my rental house on thursday 2 miles from venue....LETS HAVE A DRINK OR 10

Michelle
03-30-2007, 08:20 PM
lol...fuck bars...we should just take over a motel 6 parking lot and get 40s. LoL

haha, i like your style! definitely a possibility!! we'll keep it right up there w/ the beerhunter. wouldn't be sketch at all. probably actually be fun as hell!

ewiggy
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM

dear god, no.

DRUNKOFFBREASTMILK
03-30-2007, 08:32 PM
im going to be bringing a couple gallons of San Paulo, Brazils finest Breast Milk, pm me if youd like to join

semisonic
03-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll be in town Thursday night and would be happy to meet up with any board members, in a bar or a motel parking lot. I'll buy a round of cocktails, or an armload of 40s, whichever everyone prefers. I've found that if you pour Olde English in a martini glass is looks damn classy.

SubBass49
03-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Haha...no doubt.

We could always roll with the DefLeague's official drink:
Defamation Juice
http://www.computeksd.com/DefamationJuice3.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/defamationleague

Hehe...by the way...yeah I know they're over the top, but they're good people...helped me get my start in producing, and also allowed me to add producing for a San Diego Music Award winner to my resume.

But on a serious note, bars are loud and the music usually sucks ass. Hotel/Motel parties are the way to go if at all possible.

jimmycrackcorn
04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
still no consensus on a rendezvous or rally point?
i'll keep keep checking...

SubBass49
04-02-2007, 04:57 PM
Just lettin ya'll know that if it ends up at ab ar, I probably won't roll through...I'm gonna have my 16 yr old brother with me...not gonna ditch him alone. If it's a hotel/motel party though, we're down...we're stayin at the Palm Desrt Motel 6...off Varner & Washington at the I-10

Michelle
04-03-2007, 05:35 PM
i think we'll maybe do beerhunter for whoever is down... i don't know...

gmoneyak
04-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Save me a chair!!!

Quentin
04-04-2007, 10:32 PM
yo, me too foolz.

miscorrections
04-04-2007, 10:32 PM
yeah, if it's somewhere where us young ones can attend i may be able to make it.

caco0283
04-05-2007, 06:15 AM
awwww

Quentin
04-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I vote we go somehwere nice. Not like uber fancy but if I'm gunna get tipsy, I'd like to stay out of the shady areas. :p

SubBass49
04-09-2007, 04:31 AM
Haha...shady areas are the best for gettin tipsy...long as ya got people to watch your back that is...

jimmycrackcorn
04-09-2007, 05:49 PM
if you guys are down for it i know some really cool spots to kick it and drink outdoors... i enjoy hiking and there are a few spots that are just a few hundred feet away from good size parking lots that have NICE views of the city below... i was planning on suggesting it AFTER we meet up @ a bar but it looks like there are a few people who wouldn't be able to attend if we hang out @ a bar.. so we could save money + you will know a killer spot to visit everytime you are in the valley... there are two places i have in mind one has like six benches & a barbeque/firepit the other is really cool too... lemme know if you guys are interested and i will hike up there and take some tiny pictures with my cellphone to post... if i use my digital camera they always wind up too large to post in here :/
i'll check back on the thread after a few days
-waves-

SubBass49
04-09-2007, 05:53 PM
sounds interesting...where's this spot compared to Palm Desert?

jimmycrackcorn
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
well both of them are in palm springs... there is a nice trail in palm desert too but there is nothing at the top + it is LOOONG... lets see what everybody thinks -shrugs-

SubBass49
04-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Might seem a bit sketchy to some folks...too far outta the way...too unfamiliar with the terrain. I'm thinkin' Motel parking lot party or motel room party is the way to go...at least that way we'll be in a city area...security will be close enough if someone gets sketched out...you know...

jimmycrackcorn
04-09-2007, 06:19 PM
well all i can do is offer -shrugs- i CAN tell you that there is great cellphone reception there (i go hiking all the time)... it IS just a few hundred feet from a museum parking lot so plenty of parking.... finally, i am sure most people will not be coming by themselves so they will be more comfortable... i will be rolling solo so i would be WAYYYY outnumbered if i wanted to go psychokiller and try to victimize anybody.... lemmeknowassup
either way i am still interested in meeting up somewhere...

Michelle
04-10-2007, 07:33 PM
I vote we go somehwere nice. Not like uber fancy but if I'm gunna get tipsy, I'd like to stay out of the shady areas. :p

yeah, i'm totally with you. not really down for meeting outside of a bar. seems a little sketch. i know everyone that goes to coachella is pretty chill, so that shouldn't matter, but just to be safe!

kroqken
04-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Thursday, I will hopefully be going to the Filter party. How about a Wednesday meetup with fellow board members?

SubBass49
04-10-2007, 08:20 PM
What's the deal with the Filter party anyway? I'm on their mailing list, but havent heard anything yet...

hawkingvsreeve
04-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Thursday, I will hopefully be going to the Filter party. How about a Wednesday meetup with fellow board members?

I'm hunting you down this year.

No. 1 picture goal.

caco0283
04-11-2007, 10:55 AM
AHHHHHHHH

hawkingvsreeve
04-11-2007, 12:59 PM
No. 2 picture goal is Colorado Ron.

Galaxygirl
04-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Michelle I can't believe you are going solo...me too! Thats why I posted that I had an extra ticket on myspace. I know you aren't camping and I am but we should totally meet up. Sweet! Another chick who isn't afraid to just go and do shit on her own...I'm totally down to meet up and meet people. Happiness! On the hiking thing...it sounds pretty cool, but also kinda weird (hey girls lets hike to this remote area with a great view lmao-) I know it's probably totally cool and I would be down to go if a group of people were going. If anyone wants to chat or greet before thrusday night send me a message on here or on myspace (i check it a lot) www.myspace.com/sufferforit

SubBass49
04-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Hehe...I may ditch to hit the Filter Magazine kick off party...get on the list QUICK before it fills up...

blakely
04-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Hehe...I may ditch to hit the Filter Magazine kick off party...get on the list QUICK before it fills up...

HOW!?!... please help....

jimmycrackcorn
04-11-2007, 04:40 PM

heyyy! what happened to your lil brother that you didn't wanna leave all alone in a strange city....

Jenniehoo
04-11-2007, 06:48 PM
I'll be there.

SubBass49
04-12-2007, 04:37 AM
To get on the Filter list (if it's not full already) check the Filter pre-party thread. You e-mail some address with your name and your guests' names and they send you a confirmation if you're on the list or not.

As for my little brother, I'm hoping they'll let him in...lol...it's not in a club as far as I understand...the e-mail I got sounded like it's gonna be at a campground or desert spot...

All That I Am
04-12-2007, 06:55 AM
yeah i'm gonna have to bow out as me and the crew got on the filter guest list as well

SubBass49
04-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Maybe the Filter party can just be the meetup???

kroqken
04-12-2007, 11:14 AM
But where at the Filter party would we all meet?

Galaxygirl
04-12-2007, 12:59 PM

That is an excellent question. I am also on the filter party list.

TomAz
04-12-2007, 01:37 PM
No. 2 picture goal is Colorado Ron.

i thought cr** said he's not going this year?

canexplain
04-12-2007, 01:59 PM
i thought cr** said he's not going this year?

Yep, I am just a Coachella wanna be dog as it were this year .. but I do have two under my belt, so not a rookie anyway … I come to this board because I like Coachella’s genre of music so much, and it gets me up to date (although I hope I am somewhat up to date) … we will hit Coachella next year for sure unless we fly to Europe for 3 or 4 of their fests …. We are hitting 3 fests for sure stateside this summer, so you are all welcome to come and visit us there ….. vegoose I would guess is the closest to the type of music that Coachella has, and all of the late night parties and concerts are way fun … cr*****

SubBass49
04-12-2007, 03:15 PM

Maybe we'd have some sort of code/symbol/color of shirt/something that identifies us to each other...? Just thinkin' abstract here...

jimmycrackcorn
04-12-2007, 03:37 PM
well of course i signed up for the filter party too and got a confirmation e-mail... BUT it says right on it that it was automatically generated so i'll believe i got in when i receive the directions to the "undisclosed location" for the shuttles... as to how we could all meet up, i was planning on wearing one of those sticky "hello my name is" badges and i'm gonna write on it jimmycrackcorn (big)
are you on the boards? (on a second one)
and hopefully i'll run into some of you so we can take pictures to post for next year....

hawkingvsreeve
04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Yep, I am just a Coachella wanna be dog as it were this year .. but I do have two under my belt, so not a rookie anyway … I come to this board because I like Coachella’s genre of music so much, and it gets me up to date (although I hope I am somewhat up to date) … we will hit Coachella next year for sure unless we fly to Europe for 3 or 4 of their fests …. We are hitting 3 fests for sure stateside this summer, so you are all welcome to come and visit us there ….. vegoose I would guess is the closest to the type of music that Coachella has, and all of the late night parties and concerts are way fun … cr*****

Well let me just cue up Let Down by Radiohead and call it a day.

Michelle
04-13-2007, 05:17 PM
yeah, the meet up has definitely changed to the filter pre-party. i also have confirmation (the auto-response) for the party. i think it will kick ass. hopefully we can all just talk to as many people as we can and all meet each other. sounds like it is going to be pretty crazy... hope we are not TOO tired for the start of the festival. i'm sure we'll all be sooo pumped though.