dallaswp13
04-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Is no one else upset about this?

Goodnite833
04-11-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm also very bummed about this.

cheesehead004
04-11-2012, 01:32 AM
what sucks is during godspeed we'll have to put up with the bleed from the douchenozzles in the sahara coupled with the fact that catching this set basically guarantees you'll be in a different zip code than the band while watching radiohead right after

vinyljunkie
04-11-2012, 01:37 AM
I see no one talking about this one. But this one hurts so much... there are way too many conflicts this year. for me, anything near the end of saturday, after jeff mangum is just a fucking wash.

The black keys vs EITS vs m83 is a big one as well.

god fuck this makes me really want to go both weekends....

mikebspeedracer
04-11-2012, 01:57 AM
the answer is obviously Miike Snow then run back as fast as you can for Radiohead

Orbitrix
04-11-2012, 03:14 AM
SBTRKT is way too awesome, I'll be there no matter what.

thedevious
04-11-2012, 03:23 AM
GY!BE then over to SBTRKT. Catch a little Radiohead and finish up the night with some A$AP/Sub Focus.

Somnium
04-11-2012, 05:30 AM
As someone that saw GYBE 2 nights straight last year at a 500 person venue here in Toronto, I advise you guys....do what you can to see GYBE.

Their music live is fucking. incredible.

I know it's going to be a very very weird vibe with them in that tent, opening for Sub Focus of all acts (weirdest lineup pairing on the whole festival), but yeah don't fucking miss GYBE.

I have not the slightest clue how their music will translate in that setting. But their music is fucking INTENSE and beautiful and inspiring and mind-blowing to witness, I just love em.

although I really can't begrudge any massive Radiohead fans for passing on it to get a good spot.

loomer
04-11-2012, 07:08 AM
GYBE! is a must-see. An extremely rare act in a festival setting. This could be the last time they ever tour.

weezy f baby
04-11-2012, 08:45 AM
This is extremely upsetting with Miike Snow coming in at a distant 3rd place. I've been fortunate enough to see them a bunch, including at Coachella. SBTRKT however, has only played his live set once in SoCal and that was packed beyond comfort. This is a tough one. A real tough one.

Gigger
04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
FlyLo into SBTRKT wins. As much as I want to see GYBE I think an hour is way too short for them, I'll wait for their own show.

nationocean
04-11-2012, 08:58 AM
GY!BE all the fucking way

Vic Viper
04-11-2012, 08:16 PM
i dunno, some of these youtube vids of sbtrkt seem pretty lukewarm to me. granted a lot of them the crowd seems like they showed up to the wrong performance, but there's just something a little underwhelming about them. especially against the mayhem of miike snow.

enginedown
04-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Luckily SBTRKT is playing Friday in San Diego (going to week 2), but that still leaves Miike vs GYBE which is just as tough. I know what the correct decision is, but damnit..

DFrank
04-12-2012, 12:07 AM
Miike Snow. I like SBTRKT on record, but i dont think its enough to sway me. Also, i'll be closer to running to the main stage for Radiohead

nolan
04-12-2012, 12:38 AM
This is probably the worst conflict for me. M83 vs EITS vs Black Keys is bad but I've seen all three of them before but I haven't ever seen SBTRKT, Godspeed or Miike Snow. Is there someone who has seen all three acts who can give me/us some advice?

insbordnat
04-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Any thoughts on the SBTRKT performance? I saw the stream and outside of a rocky start they seemed to hold it together pretty well. It still isn't as tight as it should be, and Sampha's voice doesn't always deliver. It's a pretty haphazard performance style too, but credit to them for pulling it off.