PDA

View Full Version : Porter Robinson

weezy f baby
04-06-2012, 04:46 PM
hi haters.

http://digi10ve.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/porter-robinson.jpg

Porter Robinson Essential Mix (http://www.hulkshare.com/dr9o4bcesdb7)

01 Porter Robinson – Spitfire w/ Kraze – The Party (Acappella) w/ Far Too Loud – Start The Party w/ Wolfgang Gartner – Space Junk w/ Spencer & Hill feat. Lil Jon – Less Go (Chrizz Luvly Remix)
02 Tiesto – Maximal Crazy
03 Justice – D.A.N.C.E. (MSTRKRFT Remix) w/ Kill The Noise – Kill The Noise (Alvin Risk Remix)
04 Michael Woods – VMS
05 Tiesto feat. Kay – Work Hard, Play Hard w/ Dada Life – Kick Out The Epic Motherf**ker
06 Porter Robinson feat. Amba Shepherd – Vandalism w/ Wolfgang Gartner – The Champ
07 Porter Robinson feat. Jano – The Seconds
08 Deadmau5 & Wolfgang Gartner – Animal Rights w/ ID – ID
09 Skrillex & The Doors – Breakin’ A Sweat (It’s Alright) (Zedd Remix)
10 Knife Party – Destroy Them With Lazers
11 Skrillex feat. Ellie Goulding – Summit w/ Marcel Woods – Black Angus
12 Hardwell – Spaceman
13 BT & Adam K – Tomahawk w/ Bart B More – Traction
14 Tommy Trash – Future Folk w/ Angger Dimas & Tommy Trash – Big Fucking House
15 Knife Party – Tourniquet w/ Chuckie – Who’s Ready To Jump (Acappella) w/ Plump DJs – Gobstopper
16 Michael Calfan – Resurrection (Axwell Re-Cut Club Version) w/ Johan Gielen & Jan Vervloet – Music For Free (Jan Vervloet Remix)
17 Swedish House Mafia & Knife Party – Antidote (Vocal Mix)
18 Heatbeat – Rocker Monster
19 Chris Lake – Sundown w/ Knife Party – Internet Friends w/ ID – ID
20 Knife Party – Internet Friends
21 Porter Robinson – Unison (Knife Party Remix)
22 Porter Robinson – 100% In The Bitch
23 Feed Me – Pink Lady
24 Afrojack – Polkadots 2010 (Oliver Twizt Remix)
25 Kaskade feat. Rebecca & Fiona – Turn It Down w/ Zedd – Shave It (Kaskade Remix)
26 Spencer & Hill feat. Lil Jon – Less Go (Porter Robinson Remix)
27 Calvin Harris – Feel So Close (Instrumental)
28 Daft Punk – Harder Better Faster Stronger (Acappella) w/ Adam K & Duro The Third – Daun’t Kick My Bag Bitch w/ Uppermost – Mainstreaminization
29 Dubsidia – Kill Humans (Dirtyloud Remix)
w/ Tom Hangs feat. Shermanology – Blessed (Avicii Edit)
30 Deadmau5 feat. Rob Swire – Moar Ghosts N Stuff (Hard Intro Version Mix) w/ Deadmau5 – Some Chords w/ Noisia – Machine Gun
31 Porter Robinson – ID
32 Porter Robinson – Say My Name

Genowarp
04-06-2012, 04:55 PM
im really excited for this set, some wolfgang gartner sound, glitchy with some hard drops. hopefully he has some new tracks to preview

weezy f baby
04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
that is an affirmative.

lt.roast.a.botch
04-06-2012, 07:33 PM
When reach for fine cheese. This is the type I prefer. I always get pumped up when listening to Spencer & Hill - Less Go (Porter Robinson rmx).

Genowarp
04-07-2012, 12:29 AM
porter is like a fine organic sort of cheese from whole foods, SHM is kraft american singles and guetta is that provolone from subway.

rambleonfreddy
04-07-2012, 12:30 AM
porter is like a fine organic sort of cheese from whole foods, SHM is kraft american singles and guetta is that provolone from subway.

Nah.

exemef
04-07-2012, 12:41 AM
I will let this DJ take me on a trip.

blueduck
04-07-2012, 01:15 AM
http://youtu.be/trl08GN_z2k

Womp Wobble
04-07-2012, 09:52 AM
http://youtu.be/trl08GN_z2k

This was epic. I saw Porter at Dancegiving with Wolfgang Gartner in November in Philly. He is probably one of the best DJs live. He actually MIXES unlike most. Not even that, he was getting the crowd pumped up. He was very animated

malcolmjamalawesome
04-07-2012, 10:23 AM
How could you tell the difference between him and Wolfgang Gartner

guedita
04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
How could you tell the difference between him and Wolfgang Gartner

He actually mixes, unlike most.

Reeber
04-07-2012, 10:29 AM
saw him twice, first time he was terrible and second he was better but still not that good. Not worth watching at coachella imo

Apex17
04-07-2012, 10:32 AM
he gets a lot of attn because he is so young...nothing special imo though.

weezy f baby
04-07-2012, 11:08 AM
saw him twice, first time he was terrible and second he was better but still not that good. Not worth watching at coachella imo

he's a kid. he needs time to grow. coachella will give him that opportunity. never second guess the polo fields. coachella always brings the best out of performers (except M.I.A. and Amy Winehouse)

goldfromla
04-07-2012, 11:10 AM
This was epic. I saw Porter at Dancegiving with Wolfgang Gartner in November in Philly. He is probably one of the best DJs live. He actually MIXES unlike most. Not even that, he was getting the crowd pumped up. He was very animated

funny you say he mixes..... he uses the traktor kontrol s4 with beat sync... far less impressive then any mixing done on CDJs or Vinyls.
even with this being said Porter is one of the people who i am most excited for in the Sahara this year. His essential mix is a personal favorite, just hope he stays away from dubstep.

Ross1492
04-07-2012, 11:57 AM
hi haters.

Hello.

That tracklist is hideous. :)

Doesn't matter if he repeatedly trainwrecks or mixes flawlessly. The tracks are ass.

Bee_troots
04-07-2012, 01:59 PM
funny you say he mixes..... he uses the traktor kontrol s4 with beat sync... far less impressive then any mixing done on CDJs or Vinyls.
even with this being said Porter is one of the people who i am most excited for in the Sahara this year. His essential mix is a personal favorite, just hope he stays away from dubstep.

you have to understand that mixing in 2012 has moved passed beatmatching, and transitions. Its now focused more on the use of effects, loops, oneshots, and free styling. IMO using sync is not bad at all, It allows the DJ to put more attention in other parts of the set, making it funner for both him and the crowd. The technology is here, take advantage of it,

Bee_troots
04-07-2012, 02:02 PM
Even pioneer realizes this and is releasing a new product in june. $1,000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WKXNNK92_Mg

evobeatsti
04-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Even pioneer realizes this and is releasing a new product in june. $1,000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WKXNNK92_Mg

I played with that at WMC, I thinks its a replacement for the efx 1000, it doesnt beatsync for you

evobeatsti
04-07-2012, 02:07 PM
of course james zabiela is using it, that man is a tech god

evobeatsti
04-07-2012, 02:12 PM
wow i wish i was as good as james zabiela at djing fuck me.

back to the topic. I think its hilarious that you guys come here and hate on SHM and these other acts and say that porter actually mixes. you obviously know nothing about DJing and it explains a lot about the coachella crowd. you hate on shm for pressing play, when they actually are beatmatching, and love porter for mixing when he is the one that is simply pressing play. Dont get me wrong I used traktor for a long time before making a switch, but get your facts straight... On a side note, he blew out my speakers at a house party by not watching volume levels on my DJM 900 (one of the basic things a DJ should do, unless they have a crew to do that for them...) so still bitter about that

Bee_troots
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
what do you use now, and who blew up your speakers? i woulda charged him for that

evobeatsti
04-07-2012, 02:28 PM
what do you use now, and who blew up your speakers? i woulda charged him for that

CDJS

and Porter blew out my speakers

mikey1313666
04-07-2012, 02:56 PM
you have to understand that mixing in 2012 has moved passed beatmatching, and transitions. Its now focused more on the use of effects, loops, oneshots, and free styling. IMO using sync is not bad at all, It allows the DJ to put more attention in other parts of the set, making it funner for both him and the crowd. The technology is here, take advantage of it,

Agreed

Reeber
04-07-2012, 03:13 PM

I think everyone understands this, and what people like you don't understand is that just cause its the new thing "djs" are doing its better. I find most shows where the act is using controllers suck unless they are actually good. For example Araabmuzik, or madeon. If you want to listen to some real mixing go listen to Askillz. Kraftykuts, Atrak. Those are the guys who can mix.

jiggly
04-07-2012, 04:15 PM
the mix was standard. Right around the 8:58 I kinda assume what im in for. Loudness, rage, white kids jump, electbro, and oh dear god im a pretentious snob.

trancey
04-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Its as if he thinks he's Knife party..playing pretty much their entire catalog in his set? That's just sort of sad really. If you play more songs of a single group/artist's in your set than your own songs you're probably doing something wrong. Atleast have some more diversity if you don't have a large catalog of your own stuff.

15 Knife Party – Tourniquet

evobeatsti
04-07-2012, 07:56 PM
Its as if he thinks he's Knife party..playing pretty much their entire catalog in his set? That's just sort of sad really. If you play more songs of a single group/artist's in your set than your own songs you're probably doing something wrong. Atleast have some more diversity if you don't have a large catalog of your own stuff.

15 Knife Party – Tourniquet

whats really funny about this is that knife party played later that night at the same event. I'd be so pissed if some kid came on before me and played all my own tracks

trancey
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I forgot about that, wow that's awful. Worst thing you can do as a DJ is play songs from someone who's playing after you.

Womp Wobble
04-07-2012, 11:21 PM

No, he does a little more then press play. Dropping in out out, launching his cue points, he uses fx to create more dramatic drops and better transitions. its a lot more then SHM does. press play. fist pump. MAKE SOME FUCKING NOOOOOIIIIIZZZE. filter effect. MAKING SOME FUCKING NOIIIIIZE.

See, SHM will prearrange there first 5 songs onto one track and cd on deck A and the next 5 onto another track and cd on deck B. they pre-make there mixes, as do most DJs. Steve Angello even said this, they have a very strict set list because of pyrotechnics and syncing with the lightshow

don't tell me shit about DJing or producing or mixing.

SnatChella
04-07-2012, 11:40 PM
i like turtles 6258

trancey
04-08-2012, 12:09 AM
No, he does a little more then press play. Dropping in out out, launching his cue points, he uses fx to create more dramatic drops and better transitions. its a lot more then SHM does. press play. fist pump. MAKE SOME FUCKING NOOOOOIIIIIZZZE. filter effect. MAKING SOME FUCKING NOIIIIIZE.

See, SHM will prearrange there first 5 songs onto one track and cd on deck A and the next 5 onto another track and cd on deck B. they pre-make there mixes, as do most DJs. Steve Angello even said this, they have a very strict set list because of pyrotechnics and syncing with the lightshow

He uses traktor/autosync. There is nothing worse for a professional DJ.

Reeber
04-08-2012, 01:01 AM

Yes he doesnt just press play, he presses the flange button! and the roll button! AND the auto sync button! Close minded people like you are the worst, you should want some of these people telling you about djing, producing, and mixing. Cause obviously you don't know much about any of them if you think porter robinsons sets are that good.

jiggly
04-08-2012, 01:27 AM
are we on youtube?

Womp Wobble
04-08-2012, 06:05 AM
ok, auto sync is not that big a deal. Without it, its just -.8 on the pitch to adjust for 1 bpm. its not rocket science lol. a fucking 3 year old can beat match using simple math lol. and BTW, SHM pre makes there mixes. hate to tell you, steve angello admits it. so yes, porter is a better DJ live. without pre made mixes or auto sync, u cannot DJ without headphones.

let me guess, you are one of those cry baby DJs that do nothing but complain about how people use auto sync now. can't accept that fact that the game is changing? Just because someone choses to uses traktor doesn't mean shit on there skill level. Again, beatmatching without auto sync is fucking easy, and people who bitch about it either A) suck at DJing or B) Cannot accept the fact the game is changing C) is jealous these young kids are blowing your sucks off with what you think is inferior software or D) All of the above

manalive!
04-08-2012, 08:23 AM
He uses traktor/autosync. There is nothing worse for a professional DJ.

richie hawtin uses the sync button. that is all.

Ross1492
04-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Bingo. You guys can't see the forest for the trees. He's playing absolutely terrible music. How he plays that music is irrelevant.

Reeber
04-08-2012, 12:02 PM
ok, auto sync is not that big a deal. Without it, its just -.8 on the pitch to adjust for 1 bpm. its not rocket science lol. a fucking 3 year old can beat match using simple math lol. and BTW, SHM pre makes there mixes. hate to tell you, steve angello admits it. so yes, porter is a better DJ live. without pre made mixes or auto sync, u cannot DJ without headphones.

let me guess, you are one of those cry baby DJs that do nothing but complain about how people use auto sync now. can't accept that fact that the game is changing? Just because someone choses to uses traktor doesn't mean shit on there skill level. Again, beatmatching without auto sync is fucking easy, and people who bitch about it either A) suck at DJing or B) Cannot accept the fact the game is changing C) is jealous these young kids are blowing your sucks off with what you think is inferior software or D) All of the above

I dont even like swedish house mafia so i dont know why you keep making it sound like im comparing them, im not.

Nothing wrong with auto sync, your set better be spectacular if your using it though, Porters sets aren't.

Mixing without autosync is only easy if your playing a full set of electro and dubstep. Like I said before if you want to go listen to some good mixes go listen to askillz krafty kuts atrak.

A) No ones bitching about autosync, were just saying porters sets not that good. Hop off his dick.
B)Im 19, not old enough to be mad the game is changing
C)Porter Robinson is my age
D)you're a moron

guedita
04-08-2012, 12:36 PM
I like you, Reeber.

trancey
04-08-2012, 03:32 PM

the difference is that porter doesn't know how to do anything but use the sync button, hawtin obviously does.

Also porter plays 5 knife party songs in a 32 song set, when knife party is playing after him..awful.

Deegleberry
04-08-2012, 05:15 PM
the difference is that porter doesn't know how to do anything but use the sync button, hawtin obviously does.

Also porter plays 5 knife party songs in a 32 song set, when knife party is playing after him..awful.

OMGZ KNIFE PARTY LATE ADD COACHELLAS?! QUICK GET SONICC!!!!!!!

ToddThaGod
04-08-2012, 05:17 PM
haters gonna hate

evobeatsti
04-08-2012, 05:21 PM

Yes, but that is a whole different world, porter uses sync to mix from one song to the next, Hawtin uses traktor to allow him to play 4 songs (or more) at a time to create a new experience with each song and how they blend together. I don't think anyone could do what hawtin does on cd players. I respect that, if you are using the technology, youre set should reflect what you can do with it.

JonnyB
04-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Yes, but that is a whole different world, porter uses sync to mix from one song to the next, Hawtin uses traktor to allow him to play 4 songs (or more) at a time to create a new experience with each song and how they blend together. I don't think anyone could do what hawtin does on cd players. I respect that, if you are using the technology, youre set should reflect what you can do with it.

Check out Crissy Criss. 60+ tracks in 60 minutes using 3 decks. No traktor and No Serato. Seriously one of the best djs out there IMO. I'd rank him up there along with Andy C. Different genre of music than Hawtin but a good DJ is still a good DJ.

trancey
04-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Porter often plays the exact same set while on tour, its really not too hard to arrange a set with some decent mashups and mixing and then do it night after night with little or no variations.

tim time
04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Ive seen Porter twice, and hes definitely getting better but he probably still has a decent way to go. With that said I might stop by, I like this new song- a lot different from most of his stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_guUEz274Ak

garyroyale
04-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Absolutely love love his essential mix for the gym! Also saw him deliver an epic show just recently at Ultra. The kid never disappoints :)