PDA

View Full Version : Chili Peppers calling for impeachment protest?

procket
03-25-2007, 07:40 PM
I heard that people are planning make a human mural to spell out IMPEACH! on April 28, since that's the day of nationwide impeachment protests (http://www.a28.org). Is it true that the Red Hot Chili Peppers are behind this? Cuz I heard Flea is calling for impeachment and they're headlining on April 28.

http://www.a28.org/images/beachimpeach2.png

AEversW
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
ugh seriously...as much as i hate bush and think he should be impeached If coachella turns into a political rally im gonna be so fucking pissed. I payed 300 dollars to see bands play songs not to hear them bitch about the government. Oh well i won;t be seeing the Peppers or Rage anyways.

flappyjack
03-25-2007, 07:52 PM
dunno

procket
03-25-2007, 08:18 PM
ugh seriously...as much as i hate bush and think he should be impeached If coachella turns into a political rally im gonna be so fucking pissed. I payed 300 dollars to see bands play songs not to hear them bitch about the government. Oh well i won;t be seeing the Peppers or Rage anyways.

You hate Bush and you want to see him impeached but you don't want them to do this? April 28 is supposed to be the day when everybody spells out IMPEACH! Seems pretty perfect to me.

woootcoachellababy!
03-25-2007, 08:20 PM

i get your point. but it is only true to a certain point. most bands only get 45 minutes to play, and if they want to fit in theyre songs to get a bigger fan base, how are they gunna bitch about bush? thats what i love about coachella, makes bands cut the crap and get down to music

AEversW
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
You hate Bush and you want to see him impeached but you don't want them to do this? April 28 is supposed to be the day when everybody spells out IMPEACH! Seems pretty perfect to me.

if i wanted to do that i'd go to a political rally not a music festival i broke the bank on. Besides, i already protested against Bush...i voted and that was free. So if you want to protest thats fine just don't get in my way or bother me during Coachella. I paid 300 dollars for music not speech.

the909
03-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Also the inland empire is pretty much all bush country so you might get your ass kicked.

procket
03-25-2007, 08:34 PM
if i wanted to do that i'd go to a political rally not a music festival i broke the bank on. Besides, i already protested against Bush...i voted and that was free. So if you want to protest thats fine just don't get in my way or bother me during Coachella. I paid 300 dollars for music not speech.

Any other day I'd agree with you but this is April 28 and we all gotta stand up!

AEversW
03-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Any other day I'd agree with you but this is April 28 and we all gotta stand up!

It's not the day that bothers me its that it's at Coachella...something i spent my money on to hear music. If all these Impeachers make that big impeach form and it blocks me from getting to a stage to see a band i want to see i'll be pissed. I'd be all for it if it was in some random field but not at Coachella especially if it interrupts people or sets.

gaypalmsprings
03-25-2007, 09:18 PM
_qGAqA-muYU

Somewhat Damaged
03-25-2007, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I agree with AEversW. I will be eternally annoyed if anyone I'm really looking forward to pulls a Wayne Coyne and spends more time speaking out against Bush than actually playing their music. (The Flaming Lips played 4 fucking songs in '04! 5 if you count "Happy Birthday," which I don't.) I won't complain if comments are made here and there, but it's not a fucking political rally and you're pretty much preaching to the converted at Coachella, so there's no need to belabor the point.

musicpaw
03-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Bush will definitely VETO this idea.

luckyface
03-25-2007, 11:15 PM
If anything, I hope we get the RHCP impeached from their headline slot.

rage patton
03-26-2007, 12:53 AM
The Chili Peppers arent behind this. Im pretty sure they would have announced something. Sure Flea may have said they dont approve Bush, or they dont want him in power. But who the fuck hasnt? Honestly! The fact this rally was organized for April 28th is just a coincidence. No more of a coincidence if it landed in the 27th or 29th.

skavenbrew
03-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Even if this were true, do you really think this could possibly happen? It's hard enough for people to simply walk from stage to stage.....

procket
03-26-2007, 07:00 AM
The Chili Peppers arent behind this. Im pretty sure they would have announced something. Sure Flea may have said they dont approve Bush, or they dont want him in power. But who the fuck hasnt? Honestly! The fact this rally was organized for April 28th is just a coincidence. No more of a coincidence if it landed in the 27th or 29th.

Don't approve Bush? Actually, his exact words (http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=16147)were: "George W Bush should definitely be impeached, he is a liar and his lies have bought misery to millions of people and bought no good to anyone except for the corporate oil billionaires who are making huge profits."

I'm just sayin'...

eXcivory
03-26-2007, 07:18 AM

all the best music has ALWAYS been political. The end.

ediger
03-26-2007, 07:50 AM
I'm all for political invovlement and whatnot, but I have to agree with everyone that says this is a music festival, not a protest.

First off, protesting in this way, IMO, is a rather dated and somewhat useless activity. It used to be that an angry mob could get their way, but things seem to change at some point. That's great that people really want Bush out of office, I am one of them, but really, what's standing in the formation of the word impeach going to accomplish. Spend the time and energy that it took to come up with a plan that's already been done time and time again and actually take some sort of progressive action. Whether it's getting involved with local causes or something on a larger scale, there are more effective ways of protest than marches or human murals. Too many people will look at it, think "fucking longhairs" and ignore it. If I had my way, marches and protest WOULD still work. What should be more convincing than your citizens backlashing en masse? The sad reality is, the average citizen doesn't have the voice they once did. Something drastic needs to be done to give the everyday person more of a sayin things. And no, I am not quietly condoning or promoting any sort of violence.

Anyway, back to the festival. If someone wants to hand out some literature or something at the fest, by all means, I say do it. Just don't force it on anyone. What's wrong with hearing another opinion and educating yourself? I'll gladly read what people have to offer as long as they aren't religious nuts. As for artists on stage, I'm fine with them voicing their opinions as well, just keep it real quick. I'm talking like a 15-20 second little rant or something while the band changes instruments.

ediger
03-26-2007, 07:52 AM

Not totally true. I think emotion is, and will always be, what creates great music (until the robots COMPLETELY take over). Politics tend to stir up some pretty strong and deep rooted emotions in some people and the musical ones make albums about it. So in turn, yeah a lot of great music is political, but a lot is also isn't.

woogie846
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM

The Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

woogie846
03-26-2007, 10:13 AM
Plus, if George Bush was impeached, he wouldn't be convicted.

AEversW
03-26-2007, 10:29 AM
If Bush was impeached Cheney would be president.

luckyface
03-26-2007, 10:43 AM
So this would go on during the RHCP set? No offense, but what would be the point of thousands of dumbasses spelling out "Impeach" in the dark?

Tylerdurden31
03-26-2007, 10:49 AM
everyone's supposed to wear the glow in the dark shirts they had in 1987...duh

mchertron
03-26-2007, 11:50 AM
I would see impeaching him like 2 years ago but its way to late and its just stupid to waste time trying to bitch about it now since Bush only has about a year left . This should be more of a protest on the war and stopping it instead of impeaching this president . IT should be more communication with the artist and people and how this war is changing everyone in this country . to me that will hit harder than a bitch about impeaching the president. Should be more of a peace rally against useless violence in the world . I will be very mad as well if this is all going to be a bitch about the president. to me Bush is just a puppet he talks like one and looks like one and is just a confused person . we can't just blame him. its a whole other world out there that we dont see ( more than bush probably will ever see and doesnt get to see) . WE need to talk about what is really going on in this so called war against terror .it is a usless attack against this country ,but we need to find a better way to stop car bombings and become more peaceful. it's not getting any better , they're now having car bombings with children in them , which is really getting out of hand. this should'nt just be a shout out to the president , but to world leaders, terrorists and the people of iraq, iran and any neigboring country getting hurt.

ghettojournalist
03-26-2007, 02:03 PM
if bush is impeached, then he probably wouldn't be thrown out of office.
it be another pointless act like bill clinton's impeachment.
(not to say lying in a federal court is acceptable, but the impeachment didn't do anything.)
wouldn't the vp become president if bush were to be ousted from office?
we all know who that is...

ToddThaGod
03-26-2007, 02:25 PM

boo hoo

woogie846
03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
If Bush was impeached Cheney would be president.

And that is arguably worse than Bush.

SubBass49
03-26-2007, 07:16 PM
Impeach BOTH of 'em...they're both guilty of treason...

crazzz2007
03-27-2007, 03:17 PM
If anything, I hope we get the RHCP impeached from their headline slot.

i second this motion. impeach RHCP!!!!

AEversW
03-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Impeach BOTH of 'em...they're both guilty of treason...

then Nacy Pelosi would be president. She looks fucking crazy. Plus she pretty much screwed up the democrats first 100 hours. She's kinda of a joke really.

wisconsinboozer
03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
so some of you think if you spell out "impeach" with people you'll actually get President Bush impeached??? Don't be so foolish, you can chant and spell all the words you want but its not going to happen so dont waste your or MY time with political nothings at a CONCERT!!!
oh and i am anti bush also

SubBass49
03-27-2007, 04:18 PM
then Nacy Pelosi would be president. She looks fucking crazy. Plus she pretty much screwed up the democrats first 100 hours. She's kinda of a joke really.

If we went by looks, Bush would be fishing termites from the ground with a peeled tree branch, and Cheney would be waddling around in his underground den followed by his loyal penguin servants. Pelosi is only a joke because you've been told to think that she's a joke on just about every Fox News show and right-wing radio show in the nation. The Democrats got more done in the first 100 hours than the GOP got done in the 6 months prior to that.

procket
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
http://www.a28.org/images/a28-banner-spellitout.gif

Good Days Last
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I think the problem starts with voters. Honestly, how many of you complaining about Bush ACTUALLY got off your couches and voted?

Seriously.

SubBass49
03-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I did...and I did everything I could to get everyone who I knew that was over 18 registered to vote and out to the polls...

hangthedj112
03-27-2007, 10:57 PM
...but if there's no more political turmoil in office then what are you going to write your lyrics about then?!>!!>

SubBass49
03-28-2007, 04:58 AM
lol...then I can focus on philosophical themes...=)