PDA

View Full Version : ROCK THE BELLS: LINEUP LEAKED WOW!!

scoop49er
03-25-2007, 10:27 AM
OK IF THIS IS THE ACTUAL LINEUP, IT LOOKS PRETY DAMN GOOD AND IM NOT EVEN A HIP HOP ENTHUSIAST. I WILL BE THERE:

Nas, Wu, Rage, Roots, DOOM & Mos to Rock The Bells
March 24th, 2007 | Author: J-23
Last year Guerilla Union blew peoples minds with a Wu-Tang reunion at Rock The Bells, this year the massive 3 city festival will feature a reuniting Rage Against The Machine and a line up of rappers of epic proportions.
Adding a New York City show to the annual California festival, the shows will take place on July 28th in at Randall's Island in NYC, August 11st at NOS Center in San Bernadino and August 18th in San Francisco at McCovey's Parking Lot.
So check the line up...deep breath...Rage Against The Machine, Wu-Tang Clan, Nas, The Roots, EPMD, Cypress Hill, Mos Def, Pharoahe Monch, MF DOOM, Sage Francis, Immortal Technique, The Coup, Jedi Mind Tricks. Oh, entand can't forget special guests Public Enemy.
That's not it though, on the Independent Stage is Slug and Murs, Brother Ali, Living Legends, Cage, Mr. Lif, Grouch and Eligh, Blueprint, Hanger 18, and Lucky I Am.
Hosting the day will be Supernatural, Rahzel, and Hi-Tek
As always, the good people at Guerilla Union have a few surprises up their sleeve

brownbuffalo
03-25-2007, 10:36 AM
that is the full line up, and you won't fucking believe who the suprise guests are, you def. do not want to miss out on this!!!!!

GnarVee
03-25-2007, 10:39 AM
WOW. I AM THERE SF

Mr.Nipples
03-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Public enemy without the S1W's and the Bombsquad...

bballarl
03-25-2007, 10:41 AM
Why don't Eric B. and Rakim do shows anymore?

And while I like the majority of that lineup, it almost seems like too much.

suprefan
03-25-2007, 10:44 AM
SO AWESOME!!!! You could camp out on one stage all day and not be let down.

rage patton
03-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Public Enemy, Cypress Hill and Rage!?
Id go just for those 3!

suprefan
03-25-2007, 10:48 AM
THE ROOTS with Rahzel floating around, that in itself will be sick.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-25-2007, 10:54 AM
oh my motherfucking god

fober
03-25-2007, 11:30 AM
If you attend any of the shows your credit rating automatically drops to 200.

ThunderInTheSky
03-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Why don't Eric B. and Rakim do shows anymore?

And while I like the majority of that lineup, it almost seems like too much.

They do, I have seen them 3 times in the past year and a half

instinct
03-25-2007, 11:58 AM
holy crap.. nice line-up indeed.

vinylmartyr
03-25-2007, 12:00 PM
That thing is gonna sellout in 5 seconds.

greecianlover
03-25-2007, 12:02 PM
To those of us not familiar with the set-up (in regards to the Randall Island date):

What time does the music start/end?
How many stages?
Anywhere to stay (camping, hotels, etc.)?

Any help here is appreciated.

instinct
03-25-2007, 12:07 PM
To those of us not familiar with the set-up (in regards to the Randall Island date):

What time does the music start/end?
How many stages?
Anywhere to stay (camping, hotels, etc.)?

Any help here is appreciated.

well.. i can tell you last year at the LA date.. the time schedules were SOOOOO far off... There was really no need for them, they didn't even play in the same order.. it was supposed to be over by 12:00... Wu-Tang didn't even get on stage until like 2:00 am.. (i think they were supposed to start at 10:00 or something)

vinylmartyr
03-25-2007, 12:09 PM
If you don't have Coachella tickets buy them now. When that show sellout in 10 mins Coachella tickets are gonna go right back up.

greecianlover
03-25-2007, 12:11 PM
well.. i can tell you last year at the LA date.. the time schedules were SOOOOO far off... There was really no need for them, they didn't even play in the same order.. it was supposed to be over by 12:00... Wu-Tang didn't even get on stage until like 2:00 am.. (i think they were supposed to start at 10:00 or something)

Good to know. Do alot of the bigger names play opposite of each other? Basically is it realistic for me to hope to see The Roots, Wu-Tang, and Rage?

DeltaSigChi4
03-25-2007, 12:12 PM
I. Am. There.

E

suprefan
03-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Good to know. Do alot of the bigger names play opposite of each other? Basically is it realistic for me to hope to see The Roots, Wu-Tang, and Rage?

Well if its only 2 stages then yeah you will see them. Like if they follow each other schedule wise. Now we need pre sale info for this. Their mailing list better work..

I. Am. There.

E

After selling 5 pairs for $500 each..

rage patton
03-25-2007, 12:17 PM
If you don't have Coachella tickets buy them now. When that show sellout in 10 mins Coachella tickets are gonna go right back up.

Very good point. Especially with the upcoming Coachella adds...

DeltaSigChi4
03-25-2007, 12:20 PM
After selling 5 pairs for $500 each..

To each his own. Just make sure you get yours so you won't have to worry about using my services.

E

suprefan
03-25-2007, 12:22 PM
I'll get mine dont worry, I got DP didnt I? On another note the logistics on saturday for this onsale are going to be horrible. Morrisseys entire tour and this go on sale at the same time, expect line fights at outlets and the ticketmaster site getting slammed.

fober
03-25-2007, 12:43 PM
I'll get mine dont worry, I got DP didnt I?

That's what she said.

DeltaSigChi4
03-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Who the fuck is Morrissey?

E

full.on.idle
03-25-2007, 01:33 PM
how much does it cost?

That lineup is redonkulous.

damagedsiren
03-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I've been dying to hear the line-up....all i wanted to hear was that Doom and Francis are palying. Now i just need to get a hold of a presale some how so i can secure that i get tickets for this.

Boourns
03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
That's a ridiculously sick lineup. Wow.

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 01:49 PM
there...so there...last year went VIP...only way to go...

vinylmartyr
03-25-2007, 01:54 PM
What does V.I.P get you at the Orange Show. I have been to tons of raves there with all access. All that really got me was in and out.

vinylmartyr
Is there like a free bar and food for VIP?

vinylmartyr
Free chronic candy?

full.on.idle
03-25-2007, 01:59 PM
you get to meet flava flav

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 02:09 PM
What does V.I.P get you at the Orange Show. I have been to tons of raves there with all access. All that really got me was in and out.

no FREE bar, but you get a T-shirt, backpack, VIP lanyard & pass, 2 free drink tickets for the bar, and access to the VIP Lounge (last year Supernatural set the world record for longest freestyle in the lounge) and I got to stand right next to Immortal Technique, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Phil Da Agony, Krondon, and all of Wu-Tang Clan in the VIP. Shit was off the hook!

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Ohhhh...and there is a shaded grassy area with couches in the VIP...and a side-stage viewing bleacher...

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 02:11 PM
I brought a bunch of my beats on CD and passed them off...good networking spot for a beatmaker/producer...got a few replies out of it...

full.on.idle
03-25-2007, 02:12 PM
I want VIP so I can hang out with Boots.

DeltaSigChi4
03-25-2007, 02:40 PM
How much is VIP, and where do you purchase it, ninja?

E

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 02:47 PM
VIP last year was like $80 or $100...I dont remember which...but when I figured in all the free shit and the extra comfy places to chill, it was more than worth the extra dough...NOS Events Center sucks balls...all asphalt & no shade...except in the VIP...lol

DeltaSigChi4
03-25-2007, 02:49 PM
100$ is chump change.

It'll cost me a lot more than that to get there.

How quick do usually they sell out?

E

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Last year they were on sale right up until the last minute

gaypalmsprings
03-25-2007, 02:56 PM
San Berdoo - that's like going to watch the riot in Watts back in the 60s.

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 02:57 PM
with Rage though, who knows...

rage patton
03-25-2007, 03:02 PM
Last year they were on sale right up until the last minute

Rage, Wu-Tang, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, The Roots, Mos Def, MF Doom... yeah. This is gonna sell out FAST. Wait. Lemme rephrase that.
Rage... yeah. This is gonna sell out FAST.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-25-2007, 04:04 PM
if the show was just rage and the same capacity it would still sell out fast

darthlaker
03-25-2007, 05:27 PM
that would be dope to see them on the east coast just to visit. here are some of last years rock the bells pix. hopefully zach doesn't have a disagreement like they did in 1999 with wu. break out yo adidas and filas bitch!

dl

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9651/rockthebellsjk0.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rockthebellsjk0.jpg)

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/5725/rockthebells5gd3.th.jpg (http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rockthebells5gd3.jpg)

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3622/rockthebells4ck2.th.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rockthebells4ck2.jpg)

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4952/rockthebells2em3.th.jpg (http://img245.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rockthebells2em3.jpg)

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/5184/rockthebels1sy5.th.jpg (http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rockthebels1sy5.jpg)

darthlaker
03-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Public Enemy added to Rock the Bells fest lineup
The hip hop group will join Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan at the August event.
By Geoff Boucher, Times Staff Writer
March 26, 2007

Anniversary
click to enlargeRock the Bells, the hip-hop festival scheduled for Aug. 11 in San Bernardino, already had a head for history with Rage Against the Machine and Wu Tang Clan leading the bill, and now organizers say that the rap pioneers of Public Enemy will also be on stage, celebrating their 20th anniversary of recording their rhymes with a reason.

The festival, at the National Orange Show Events Center, is shaping up as one of most staggering rap rosters in memory with two stages that will also feature Cypress Hill, the Roots, Mos Def, EPMD, the Coup, MF DOOM, Jedi Mind Trick, Murs and Sage Francis.

"It's a historic lineup," said Chang Weisberg, founder of Guerilla Union, the festival organizers. "To have Rage come back right now, where the country is politically, and be on the same bill with the Wu Tang Clan, it's a moment that represents the possibilities of hip-hop."

The festival will also hit Randall's Island in New York City on July 28 and McCovey's Parking Lot (near AT&T Park) in San Francisco on Aug. 18. That San Francisco show will have Nas as an added headliner; he will join Wu Tang on 15 more Rock the Bells dates in other cities to be announced soon, but Rage will not be part of that extended run.

For Rage, the Rock the Bells bookings extends their limited reunion run (they will close the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival on April 29) and stokes fans' hope of new music and future touring. The signature L.A. band split in 2000 after creating a bracing and political blend of metal, funk and rap.

The Clan, meanwhile, will be performing off of "8 Diagrams," the upcoming album that is the first new music from the esteemed New York rap collective since "Iron Flag" in 2001. By all accounts, it was the Wu Tang reunion at Rock the Bells last year that set the stage for that album.

In the 1990s, Wu Tang elevated hip-hop artistry and personality and Rage added political charge to the music scene — Public Enemy did both and did it first. The group formed early in the 1980s in Long Island, N.Y., and their 1987 album debut, "Yo! Bum Rush the Show," began a searing presence on the rap scene.

Tickets for all shows go on sale March 31. For details check www.rockthebells.net.

geoff.boucher@latimes.com

greecianlover
03-25-2007, 06:34 PM
How much are the tickets to this going to cost? I can't find price info anywhere on the site?

newt_
03-25-2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.usedfilm.com/midtown/erik/music/images/Public%20Enemy%20012.jpg

boiiiiiiii

xxxxxxxxxx
03-25-2007, 06:47 PM
I want VIP so I can hang out with Boots.

Boots don't give a shit about VIP. He's gonna be out in the crowd with everyone else. He's cool like that.

full.on.idle
03-25-2007, 06:49 PM
great photo

Boots don't give a shit about VIP. He's gonna be out in the crowd with everyone else. He's cool like that.
yeah you're right

grain
03-25-2007, 07:07 PM
so i entered my email in the rock the bells website for email updates, but does anyone know how they will be selling tickets?

ticketmaster?

ED GEIN
03-25-2007, 07:11 PM
so i entered my email in the rock the bells website for email updates, but does anyone know how they will be selling tickets?

ticketmaster?

Ticketmaster for sure.

SubBass49
03-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Yeah...they use Ticketbastard...unfortunately. Someone oughtta point them to DucatKing

-- J

grain
03-25-2007, 09:52 PM
so i suppose then we just sit tight and wait for presale info before the ticket fiasco begings for the general public...

man i hope they do a better job with organization, the last one i went was the wu show at NOS. parking was horrendous, they ran extremely late and the sound was shite.

i live in LA but will go the SF show fo sheezy

Boourns
03-25-2007, 10:18 PM
What's the capacity? Anyone wanna carpool?

roberto73
03-25-2007, 10:33 PM
I'm not planning on going, but I still plan on bitching about how fast it sells out and then I'll beg the promoters to release more tickets, just to continue the general trend.

BettySpaghetti
03-25-2007, 11:01 PM
Mother of God...

Well I'm DEFINITELY going to the SF one. This is gonna be mind-blowing.

BettySpaghetti
03-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Could you buy VIP tickets on Ticketmaster? And do you have to be over 21?

Trick Loves The Kids
03-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm not planning on going, but I still plan on bitching about how fast it sells out and then I'll beg the promoters to release more tickets, just to continue the general trend.

GOLDENVOICE, WHERE'S DE LA SOUL??????

instinct
03-25-2007, 11:39 PM

NOT AT ALL..

It's all on one stage.. one day.. HOT AS HELL..

VIP gets little bleachers to sit on.. but during mid-day sundown, the sun hits the bleachers.. i remember it hot last year.. as well as every rave there.. VIP probably wouldn't be too bad and might be worth the money.. 2 free drinks is awesome.. but at EDC and NOC you get an open vodka bar and free beer! the extra $25 is totally worth that.

SubBass49
03-26-2007, 05:09 AM
Woah ya'll...this year's VIP tix are A LOT more than last time...almost DOUBLE the price of GA. Check the site...

I'm not sure if I can swing that for a one-day show...

scoop49er
03-26-2007, 06:12 AM
decent ticket price. im curious to see how long it runs, expecially in sf cuz it is in the parking and there is no specific lighting other then the normal parking lighting so im assuimg it will be over by 9pm? honestly this type of lineup its just fucking ridiclous. :) im not evne a big hip hop guy and i can see a great lineup for what it is and this is one. a great all day festival and then rage to finish it! plus 76 bucks a ticket is very respectable for this lineup. i was expecting 90-100 so im good with this..

brycerosen
03-26-2007, 07:00 AM
im gonna go and smoke some pot there

I'm Rosetta Stoned
03-26-2007, 07:54 AM
If this is the real line-up its gonna be better then Coachella I'm sorry to say. I'm super stoked. I'm gonna smoke a bowl with Immortal Technique and Zack De La Rocha in the VIP area!!!

SFChrissy
03-26-2007, 08:00 AM
DOOODEEE!!!

brassneck
03-26-2007, 08:28 AM
If you attend any of the shows your credit rating automatically drops to 200.

Good thing I wasn't taking a drink because I would have blown it out my nose! Too funny!

instinct
03-26-2007, 08:37 AM
decent ticket price. im curious to see how long it runs, expecially in sf cuz it is in the parking and there is no specific lighting other then the normal parking lighting so im assuimg it will be over by 9pm? honestly this type of lineup its just fucking ridiclous. :) im not evne a big hip hop guy and i can see a great lineup for what it is and this is one. a great all day festival and then rage to finish it! plus 76 bucks a ticket is very respectable for this lineup. i was expecting 90-100 so im good with this..

ummmm.... it's pretty easy to put some portable lights up.. that are BRIGHT as hell.. I don't think that will be a problem.

ghettojournalist
03-26-2007, 08:52 AM
holy crap, definitely looking into going now that i've foresaken lollapalooza.

jahmill23
03-26-2007, 09:13 AM
for some of the artists it says that some will being playing certain cities. for example mf doom and blackalicious. does it say exactly what cities they will be playing?

Californicator
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
How bad ass is that song on the website?! I've been to 3 or 4 rock the bells in san b. Some sucked, some were ok. This one will definitely be the best one ever, simply because Rage is playing.

Don't get me wrong, Hip Hop (especially underground) is my first love. However, I'd rather listen to the cd in most cases. Some rappers just aren't very good live, and if they are lacking, then there's nothing to fall back on (no live instruments to watch like a rock band).

That said, I won't miss Rock The Bells for anything.

And to the original poster, you forgot Hieroglyphics.

Californicator
03-26-2007, 09:47 AM
for some of the artists it says that some will being playing certain cities. for example mf doom and blackalicious. does it say exactly what cities they will be playing?

yeah, thats whats shitty about this show. The artists only playing select cities are Nas, MF Doom, Felt (Slug and Murs), Hieroglyphics, Living Legends, Blackalicious, The Coup, Brother Ali, Cage, Mr. Lif, Hanger 18, and Blueprint.

We won't know which cities until probably a few weeks before the first event.

Also, they are hyping up the lineup page on the website by putting up multiple pictures of the same artist. For example, Murs is a member of the Living Legends, half of the Felt duo, and a solo artist. Does he need three seperate pictures? Same with Lucky I Am and Grouch and Eligh (All members of Living Legends). I am willing to bet that they won't perform seperately from the Living Legends, but all at once, making the lineup smaller than it actually says.

ghettojournalist
03-26-2007, 10:26 AM
San B. show- $76 general ad. $156 VIP
RATM, KROQ, Gorilla Union presale Wed. Mar. 28 10am-10pm
GV, TM, Myspace presale Thur. Mar. 29 10am-10pm
public onsale Sat. Mar. 31 10am

ghettojournalist
03-26-2007, 10:28 AM
yeah, thats whats shitty about this show. The artists only playing select cities are Nas, MF Doom, Felt (Slug and Murs), Hieroglyphics, Living Legends, Blackalicious, The Coup, Brother Ali, Cage, Mr. Lif, Hanger 18, and Blueprint.

it looks like nas is coming on the Aug. 18 show.

BlueDevil50
03-26-2007, 10:43 AM

We won't know which cities until probably a few weeks before the first event.

Also, they are hyping up the lineup page on the website by putting up multiple pictures of the same artist. For example, Murs is a member of the Living Legends, half of the Felt duo, and a solo artist. Does he need three seperate pictures? Same with Lucky I Am and Grouch and Eligh (All members of Living Legends). I am willing to bet that they won't perform seperately from the Living Legends, but all at once, making the lineup smaller than it actually says.

i talked to lucky and he said theyll do separate performances too...they all DO have solo albums and group albums coming out relatively soon...ive seen the legends 8 times but im dyin to see just a g&e show! soooo sick

Trick Loves The Kids
03-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Some rappers just aren't very good live, and if they are lacking, then there's nothing to fall back on (no live instruments to watch like a rock band).

that's true. i'm kind of conflicted about this because i've already seen a lot of these guys and after coachella i'll have seen rage, the coup, the roots, and pharaohe monch.

still i haven't seen wu tang, nas, or public enemy, so that's probably worth it right there.

BlueDevil50
03-26-2007, 11:28 AM
that's true. i'm kind of conflicted about this because i've already seen a lot of these guys and after coachella i'll have seen rage, the coup, the roots, and pharaohe monch.

still i haven't seen wu tang, nas, or public enemy, so that's probably worth it right there.

hell ya...saw nas when he headlined in 05 and he put on a fuckin amazing show! played everything and the whole crowd was into it...had to beg him for "ether" but only did the first verse. seemed like a cool dude just enjoying himself....

ToddThaGod
03-26-2007, 11:38 AM
This is the dopest hip hop lineup i've EVER SEEN it blows me away...BUT

it's only missing Tribe Called Quest, Talib Kweli, Jurassic 5 and Common

I'm getting as many tickets as I can to NY. and vip doesnt mean shit? or does it...?

fober
03-26-2007, 11:44 AM
and vip doesnt mean shit? or does it...?

It means if there's a shooting or stabbing you'll be able to experience it first hand.

ToddThaGod
03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
ha ha?

Pemakarpo
03-26-2007, 11:55 AM
got my tix last year at Fat Beats. Hopefully they'll be selling them again so I can avoid ticketmaster.

BettySpaghetti
03-26-2007, 01:47 PM
How safe is it? I just saw that trailer to the documentary...I don't wanna be in some rush.

whynotsmile99
03-26-2007, 02:38 PM
How safe is it? I just saw that trailer to the documentary...I don't wanna be in some rush.

yea, some trailer that was. ODB too high to go on :( Just watched it on youtube. I'm still going, but seeing a stampeede at the gates wasn't the nicest thing to see. I wonder what that was for? it was as night, so maybe they were letting people out? would that even make sense? What were they holding people back for?

ghettojournalist
03-26-2007, 02:41 PM
they held people exiting at coachella last year as well.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-26-2007, 03:30 PM
they held people exiting at coachella last year as well.

yeah i remember that after DP

fuck was that about

fober
03-26-2007, 03:32 PM
yeah i remember that after DP

fuck was that about

The promoters weren't done defacing your cars with flyers.

full.on.idle
03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Presale Thursday 10am, pw Guerilla

Trick Loves The Kids
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
The promoters weren't done defacing your cars with flyers.

haha

that or they had to let all the thieves out of the campsite

suprefan
03-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Presale Thursday 10am, pw Guerilla

In caps, and you mean weds.

Californicator
03-27-2007, 07:56 AM
hell ya...saw nas when he headlined in 05 and he put on a fuckin amazing show! played everything and the whole crowd was into it...had to beg him for "ether" but only did the first verse. seemed like a cool dude just enjoying himself....

i was there too. that performance was sick. i wonder if he'll make it to San B this year...I bet he'll only be in NYC.

This is me and Sage Francis (my favorite rapper ever) from Rock The Bells a few years back. I squeezed through a fence to get backstage:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/dt420/7-31-2005020_2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b5/dt420/7-31-2005012.jpg

sadsappysucker
03-27-2007, 09:41 AM

It gets you a backpack, poster, and away from the huge crowd if you wanna just chill backstage. I personally like being with the crowd, so VIP isn't for me...

God I can't wait for this, I'm more excited for this than coachella!

full.on.idle
03-27-2007, 12:10 PM
Yeah I got the day wrong. Don't buy all the tickets to scalp, suprefan.

ghettojournalist
03-27-2007, 01:43 PM
i was there too. that performance was sick. i wonder if he'll make it to San B this year...I bet he'll only be in NYC.

nas wil be at the san fran. show and the 15 "mini-Bells" traveling shows following the san fran date.

kimery08
03-27-2007, 01:51 PM
who in san fran will let me sleep on their couch?

suprefan
03-27-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah I got the day wrong. Don't buy all the tickets to scalp, suprefan.

Funny, yeah I will scalp my own tickets right? 1 for SF and 1 for SB is all I am getting, you want to ask Delta how many he is buying not me.

joebizz
03-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Why the hell do tickets go on sale the same day as my rent is due?!?!!! Dammit!

SubBass49
03-27-2007, 06:26 PM
it's a conspiracy...damn the man!

greecianlover
03-27-2007, 10:06 PM
I went to ticketmaster.com and they have Nas listed in the artists for the California shows, but not the NY show. I would assume that this would mean he is definately out for the NY show? Just seems a little wierd considering that is his home state.

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Jedi Mind baby, bangin' ya'll in the fuckin' face!

Colossal
03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
For all of you wondering who is playing at what city this was posted by the Guerilla Union staff on their message boards:

Lineups By City:

Rock the Bells 2007

SATURDAY JULY 28th, RANDALL'S ISLAND
Rage Against the Machine
Wu-Tang Clan
Cypress Hill
The Roots
MOS DEF
EPMD
Pharoahe Monch
Immortal Technique
Sage Francis
Jedi Mind Tricks
Felt
Living Legends
Brother Ali
Cage
Mr. Lif
Grouch and Eligh
Hangar 18
Blueprint
Lucky I Am
Public Enemy
+ Surprise Performances
Hosted by Supernatural, Rahzel, Hi-Tek
DJ's Mike Relm, Icy Ice, C-Minus, Rocky Rock, Mark Luv

SATURDAY AUGUST 11 SAN BERNARDINO
Rage Against the Machine
Wu-Tang Clan
Cypress Hill
The Roots
Nas
Mos Def
EPMD
Pharoahe Monch
MF Doom
Immortal Technique
Sage Francis
The Coup
Jedi Mind Tricks
Felt
Living Legends
Brother Ali
Cage
Mr. Lif
Grouch & Eligh
Hangar 18
Blueprint
Lucky I Am
Public Enemy
+ Plus Special Surprise Performances
DJ's Mike Relm, Icy Ice, C-Minus, Rocky Rock, Mark Luv

SATURDAY AUGUST 18 SAN FRANCISCO
Rage Against the Machine
Wu-Tang Clan
Cypress Hill
The Roots
Nas
Mos Def
EPMD
Pharoahe Monch
MF Doom
Hieroglyphics
Blackalicious
Murs 3:16
Sage Francis
Immortal Technique
The Coup
Jedi Mind Tricks
Public Enemy
+ Special Surprise Performances
DJ's DJ Mike Relm, C-Minus, Rocky Rock

ghettojournalist
03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
dammit. i don't have the money for tickets tight now.
they better not sell out TOO soon.

Daft Fro
03-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Wow, Nas isn't playing in New York? How's that for irony?, sorry East-siiiiiide =\

I wonder who the surprise performances will end up being?

ghettojournalist
03-28-2007, 10:29 AM
they'll probably hit some major "eastside" venues in the smaller "Bells" tour.

ghettojournalist
03-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Wow, Nas isn't playing in New York? How's that for irony?, sorry East-siiiiiide =\

I wonder who the surprise performances will end up being?

I went to ticketmaster.com and they have Nas listed in the artists for the California shows, but not the NY show. I would assume that this would mean he is definately out for the NY show? Just seems a little wierd considering that is his home state.

from the boards by the same cat who posted the lineup by dates:

Nas is not playing New York because he's already got a show there within thirty days of the festival date. He'd be in violation of his contract if he accepted our gig.

ToddThaGod
03-28-2007, 11:58 AM
mf doom not coming to NY? wtf is that? i really was looking foward to seeing him

whynotsmile99
03-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Got my san fran tickets today. can't wait. i've only seen Blackalicious and Murs from the lineup but can say both of them are great. Can't wait for Mos Def, MF Doom, Rage, Nas, Public Enemy. Great fucking line up.

BTW has blackalicious played coachella before? Too lazy to look on the posters. They are fantastic, and would make a great addition to the lineup in the future. Murs was the shit at coachella last year

HEADSTRUCK
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
got tickets for nyc today

JWBIII
03-28-2007, 02:38 PM
I bought two tickets for NYC today.... but I'm going to be selling them to recoup some of the Coachella trip expenditures.

Fingers crossed that the whole Eastern seaboard buys tickets to the NYC show to drive up the scalping ticket price.

Holy crap, I'd love to go if I had the $$$.

x420timex
03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Just got my tix for NOS!!!!

ghettojournalist
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
BTW has blackalicious played coachella before? Too lazy to look on the posters. They are fantastic, and would make a great addition to the lineup in the future. Murs was the shit at coachella last year

blackalicious hasn't played coachella.

vinylmartyr
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Is this not sold out yet?

ghettojournalist
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
it's at GA24 right now.
i don't care if RATM are going to be there,
a hip-hop fest won't sell out too fast.
(I think.)

ED GEIN
03-28-2007, 03:42 PM
Is this not sold out yet?

I beleve it is only the presale going on now.

rage patton
03-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Are those bands listed above in order of who will play when?
If so, does that mean Public Enemy will be opening the show!?
That would be crazy.

lowfront
03-28-2007, 03:58 PM
wtf, NY gets the worst lineup

bigc1
03-28-2007, 04:02 PM
lol @ ny

full.on.idle
03-28-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm said we don't get Mr. Lif but Nas makes up for anything else SF is missing. I am so flipping excited.

SubBass49
03-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Got my VIP ticket today...hehehe...be chillin' in the shade during that hot San Bernardino daytime...

instinct
03-28-2007, 06:44 PM
blackalicious hasn't played coachella.

no.. they haven't.. i thought the same thing and made a thread about this on the old message boards..

gmoneyak
03-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Yes...I'm there!!

San Fran..., right over the hill for me. I'd go just to see Mos Def, Nas, Mf Doom and Public Enemy!! Niiiice!

gmoneyak
03-28-2007, 11:22 PM
mf doom not coming to NY? wtf is that? i really was looking foward to seeing him

Yeah.. isn't he from NY?..

Nice to get him over on the West Coast, though...:)

instinct
03-29-2007, 03:34 AM
this line-up is soooo sweet.. i wonder how soon it will sell out?

i got my tix already.. i was surprised pre-sale didn't sell out immediatly.

fober
03-29-2007, 07:46 AM
It hasn't sold out yet because you can't put the tickets on layaway.

Ardentbiscuit
03-29-2007, 07:52 AM
The line up is great!

Public Enemy!!! Nas! Rage! Wu-Tang!!! MF Doom!! Cypress hill!! and so many others, no reason to just repeat the entire line up.

Any rumor on the surprise guests?

So when I was checking out the line up I noticed this warning at the bottom of the page. Are they doing something to stop re sales and/or scalping?

WARNING: Do not purchase tickets from scalpers or unauthorized outlets. You will not be allowed into the event and will have to purchase official tickets. Donít get burned.

ToddThaGod
03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
beastie boys actually have space and time in their tour schedule for rock the bells...its probable.

JWBIII
03-29-2007, 02:44 PM
The line up is great!
So when I was checking out the line up I noticed this warning at the bottom of the page. Are they doing something to stop re sales and/or scalping?

WARNING: Do not purchase tickets from scalpers or unauthorized outlets. You will not be allowed into the event and will have to purchase official tickets. Donít get burned.

Well, they haven't put in any measures in to stop it like Bonnarroo where you have to buy the tickets from their site and they don't ship out until a couple of weeks before the event.

The Rock The Bells tickets are regular ticketmaster tickets, so they can be purchased easily from someone selling them. I guess there's always the risk of fraudulent tickets.

SubBass49
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
It hasn't sold out yet because you can't put the tickets on layaway.

Do I sense the subtle scent of racism in the air?

instinct
03-29-2007, 03:15 PM

probably.. but i wouldn't doubt it that a lot of people who are planning on going didn't buy the tickets because they don't have the money for them as of yet..

lowfront
03-29-2007, 03:22 PM
How did this beastie boys rumor start?

SFChrissy
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I got my tix during presale and today my girl called me and told me she got us VIP's which I hate cause it's sooo status. But hell I'll take a VIP if someone else is paying for it!!!

SFChrissy
03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
How did beastie boys rumor come 'bout...if they play that would be oh so syc seeing how mix master mike would be in his hood while in SF!!!

Rap/rock Is Life
03-29-2007, 03:38 PM
HELL YES! SAN BERNARDINO REPRESENT! I done sold my tix for Fri and Sat on ebay to Bdork loving pussies but I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY FOR RAAAAAAGE.

SubBass49
03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
I got my tix during presale and today my girl called me and told me she got us VIP's which I hate cause it's sooo status. But hell I'll take a VIP if someone else is paying for it!!!

Tellin' ya...VIP is worth it at NOS in San Berdoo...only shade in the damn venue unless you go into the display halls...

fober
03-29-2007, 06:42 PM

Sorry. I've never liked white people.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-29-2007, 08:17 PM
just got my ticket for SF. honestly I'm going for public enemy, nas, and wu tang but doom doesn't hurt either. plus i'm sure seeing the coup and the roots again isn't gonna be horrible.

jjbaldwi
03-29-2007, 10:06 PM
me too. MOS DEF will steal the show. mark my words

suprefan
03-29-2007, 10:34 PM
HELL YES! SAN BERNARDINO REPRESENT! I done sold my tix for Fri and Sat on ebay to Bdork loving pussies but I WILL BE THERE SUNDAY FOR RAAAAAAGE.

Learn how to spell idiot. And its not pussy to like Bjork cause I could kick your ass 5 ways til tuesday if you think anyone going Friday and Saturday is pussy.

Trick Loves The Kids
03-29-2007, 10:37 PM
me too. MOS DEF will steal the show. mark my words

i've seen him, he's not great

doom is pretty good though he doesn't have much energy

public enemy are going to be the shit though. i'm going almost entirely for them and nas.

jjbaldwi
03-29-2007, 10:56 PM
i saw mos and he ripped it. i hope he is on top of his game in sf. if he is he will steal the show. but youre right pe and nas will be fuckin sick and you are also right about seeing the roots again as not being so bad either

RageAgainst
03-30-2007, 01:09 AM
ALRIGHT!!! i just bought my tix this concert will be CCRAZY!!!!!!

JelloPuddingChat
03-31-2007, 09:04 AM
I got my tickets online, with no struggle at all. I can't wait for public enemy. I only wish I was going to the San Fran one for Blakalicious,

ToddThaGod
03-31-2007, 04:56 PM
the mighty mos kills it live...

talib will be guest