PDA

View Full Version : Palm Springs Pool Party lineup

captncrzy
04-03-2012, 10:27 AM
If you care....

The Saguaro in Palm Springs has announced its official lineup for the first weekend of its Coachella 2012 Desert Weekender party.

The Joie de Vivre hotel is partnering with Hello Stranger to produce three days of awesome music poolside featuring amazing DJs including those from the hip Santa Monica-based radio station KCRW.

Here’s what the weekend of April 13-15 looks like:

Friday- Bromance & Friends (Paris x Los Angeles): Brodinski; Pipes; Louisahhh; Thee Mike B; Rick Rude with VERY special guests to be announced.

Saturday- A Club Called Rhonda : Aeroplane; Tiger & Woods; Poolside; DJ Harvey + Rhonda DJs.

Sunday – KCRW presents The Saguaro Becomes Eclectic : Tokimonsta (80s hip hop set); Nosaj Thing (eclectic set); KCRW DJs: Jason Bentley, Garth Trinidad, Valida Carroll, Aaron Byrd, Raul Campos and Dan Wilcox.

While the full lineup for the second week of Coachella has not been announced yet (should be in the coming days), hotel officials confirmed KCRW DJs Jason Bentley, Jeremy Sole, Anthony Valadez, Mathieu Schreyer and Mario Cotto will be spinning.

lt.roast.a.botch
04-03-2012, 11:26 AM
This year my group got a house in Palm Springs. Not sure if we will have enough time to check out these pool parties but the Saturday lineup looks good to me. How does this work? Do you have to purchase in advance? How much?

JustSteve
04-03-2012, 12:01 PM
never understood going to coachella but not going to coachella. seems to me a pool party would suck you in and all of a sudden you are an hour away and it's sunset. there are pools and parties all over the world the rest of the year, coachella is only 3 days in one place a year.

captncrzy
04-03-2012, 12:02 PM
Fuck if I know.

Mike Litoris
04-03-2012, 12:06 PM
VERY special guests?

Must be Daft Punk.

lt.roast.a.botch
04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
I agree, most likely I will want to head out to the festival. Really depends on the set times. Just want to see all the options. Aeroplane and Tiger & Woods will beat anything in the Sahara during the daytime Saturday (TBD with Do Lab times) plus I'll be in the general area. Anyone else out there have some advice or details?

jimmycrackcorn
04-03-2012, 01:11 PM
LOVE KCRW and like the way they remodeled that hotel!

lt.roast.a.botch
04-09-2012, 08:46 PM
bump. anyone got more details on this?

apachedino
04-09-2012, 09:50 PM
No way I will make this, but I would really like to see Nosaj Thing again.

weezenberg
04-10-2012, 09:04 PM
ok. so i read all your comments
and heres what i have to say coming from an LA native.

Ive been to coachella 6 years and ill tell you staying at the polo fields from 12pm-1am every day is not the business. even "ing" out your 3 day stay in the dessert with a couple of pool parties is just what the doctor ordered. yes there are pool parties all over the world and that is why they have them. this pool party will be really fun either friday or saturday and mad chill on sunday. when the set times come out which they should tommorow, my adivce would be to see what time the earliest act you wanna see is on and head over there to catch their set. before that though get some early grub and head out to the pool for some drinks and fun which will get you in the perfect mood for the rest of coachella. the pool parties start at 12, i will prob stay till 5 on friday 4 on sat and 3 on sunday. for me sundays lineup is redic for coachella. hope this was of some help! just remember its 3 days of fun in the dessert!!!!!

molly!!!!! haha

sddoctor
04-10-2012, 09:08 PM
If you care....

Here’s what the weekend of April 13-15 looks like:

Friday- Bromance & Friends (Paris x Los Angeles): Brodinski; Pipes; Louisahhh; Thee Mike B; Rick Rude with VERY special guests to be announced.

The very special guests are A-Trak and Busy P (with Ed Banger crew in tow, most likely So Me and Justice because Breakbot and Sebastian are playing afternoon sets on Friday)

Natelevmofuggaz
04-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Dj Harvey and Tiger and Woods??? Why are these artists not actually playing Coachella??? What is wrong with this fucking world???