PDA

View Full Version : Another possible HUGE reunion!!

AEversW
03-24-2007, 02:11 PM
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Polish your platform boots, squeeze into those flared pants.
Donny Osmond and his five brothers may be planning a comeback -- at least for one night.
ADVERTISEMENT

Osmond, a 1970s teen heart-throb who is back in the British charts with his 55th album, said on Friday the brothers are considering a reunion special on television.

"The family has been talking," Osmond, 49, the undisputed star of the family, told reporters in a teleconference to promote a new U.S. television show that he is hosting.

"I haven't done a show with my brothers for 25 years or so. We are talking about doing a TV special, and maybe something with (sister) Marie, but nothing is locked in yet."

The Osmond Brothers scored a string of pop hits, including breakthrough song "One Bad Apple" along with "Just Like A Yo-Yo" and "Hold Her Tight" in the 1970s.

At the height of their popularity in the United States and Britain during "Osmania," fans chased them everywhere. Osmond recalled how one admirer tried to mail herself to him and was found in a box at the post office.

Three of the brothers -- Wayne, Jay and Merrill -- continue to perform as The Osmond Brothers, sometimes joined by the youngest of the clan, Jimmy, who is remembered for his hit song "Long Haired Lover from Liverpool."

The other original band member, Alan, appears rarely as he suffers from multiple sclerosis, while Marie, with whom Donny hosted a successful television show for four years in the 1970s, makes and sells dolls.

Donny Osmond has been the most successful at building a career away from the family, who are known as devout Mormons.

The former child star who started performing at age 5 has branched out from singing and been an actor, a host of talk and game shows, record producer, race car driver and author.

"But I've had my ups and downs," he admitted.

After nearly 45 years in the business, Osmond is on another upswing. His 55th album, "Love Songs of the 70's," which was just released in England, has already gone gold. It is due to be released in the United States in about a month.

After starring in the Disney musical "Beauty and the Beast" on Broadway last year to rave reviews, he has been asked to play the final run of the show that closes this year.

He is also hosting new TV shows in both Britain -- a game show called "Pyramid" -- and in the United States where "The Great American Dream Vote" begins on Tuesday, March 27, on the Walt Disney Co.-owned ABC network.

In the U.S. show, people compete to have their dream come true with wishes varying from setting up a chicken-themed fun park, to opening a florist's shop, to getting a head of hair. The studio audience and then the public vote for the winner.

Osmond is taking the spotlight in his stride.

"The public can be fickle," he said, speaking with the experience of a show business veteran.

if they can do a TV special why not Coachella!

RATMan
03-24-2007, 02:34 PM
After nearly 45 years in the business, Osmond is on another upswing. His 55th album, "Love Songs of the 70's," which was just released in England, has already gone gold. It is due to be released in the United States in about a month.

Donny Osmond has made 55 albums? Jesus.

AEversW
03-24-2007, 03:08 PM
i know! that shocked me more then anything.

Mr.Nipples
03-24-2007, 03:12 PM
its that mormon ingenuity...

gaypalmsprings
03-24-2007, 04:03 PM
I just saw Donny Osmond this past Wednesday at a TV show taping in Hollywood. He's 48, a grandfather, and he looks wonderful. He really does have all those bright white teeth! He recommended a YouTube video that he's in...it's very funny. So here goes...

GWc6QQ9JlMc

dynamanda
03-25-2007, 07:08 PM
I was really young when the Osmonds were popular, so I don't really know too much about them. But Donnie Osmond in Weird Al's video cracks me the hell up everytime I see it. He DOES look awesome for his age.

ediger
03-26-2007, 07:55 AM
its that mormon ingenuity...

bahahahahahahahahahaha...

ahahahahahahahahahahaha...

Dumb-de-dumb-dumb-dumb.

invisiblerobots
03-26-2007, 08:05 AM
http://www.i4m.com/think/jpeg/mormon_translation.jpg

ediger
03-26-2007, 08:21 AM
http://www.i4m.com/think/jpeg/mormon_translation.jpg

That episode is brilliant. I love the fact that they can make fun of pretty much all Mormons while simply telling the story of their faith :p

woogie846
03-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Donny Osmond has made 55 albums? Jesus.

The question is though: How many of those sold over 100 copies?

Lounge Fly
03-26-2007, 10:12 AM
I also read somewhere that Chuck Norris was planning on reuniting 'The Beatles'. He said all he needs is 1 gun and 2 bullets!