PDA

View Full Version : scanning car camping pass?

spaj17
03-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Is there any way to check if the wristband and car camping pass will scan? Because I bought it through ebay and the seller said they had another ticket they purchased along with the one they sold me and the camping pass. I dont want my friends and i to be screwed when we arrive.. I just want to make sure the person sent me the right wrist band.

spaj17
04-02-2012, 02:33 PM
I emailed coachella the other day and they gave me the following answer...

"As long as you have the camping pass and one of the tickets it was purchased with, you will be fine. The other people on the order can arrive to camping before, no problem"

Jankypirate
04-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Dont worry dude. Theyre not really even linked together. They said that to cut down on scalping.

I only say this now because it cant possibly matter with all the passes long sold out.

JAY L
04-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Dont worry dude. Theyre not really even linked together. They said that to cut down on scalping.

I only say this now because it cant possibly matter with all the passes long sold out.

is this a fact or speculation?

because i bought a camping pass from stubhub only to find out later that they might be useless...and now I may be screwed for a place to stay for weekend 1

jae_nl
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
Ya I don't know if it is true or not...They say that the car camping pass is linked together with the ticket it was purchased with but if that's the case why am i still waiting for my wristband..
They sent me my camping pass first and just got an email confirmation that my wristband will be coming later this week. Do they link it before hand? or do they just say that to prevent people from swapping etc?

Jankypirate
04-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Thats what frontgate told me over the phone.

neckface
04-04-2012, 12:34 PM
i dont think you have anything to worry about , its probably going to be just like last year...some teenage kid is gonna scan your camping pass (not your wristband) and then put a big fat "check" on your window. It definitely wont be as intense as everyone is making it out to be .IMPO.

Mrkepley
04-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Have an extra TENT camping pass and want to get rid of it...

thudough
04-04-2012, 06:27 PM
I waited a little over an hour on the phone to speak with a frontgate rep and they said its not a rumor. My situation was that I've already registered my wristband and my friend gave me his car camping pass. The chick told me to trade wristbands with him (since he was the one that bought the car camping pass)

Riggins33
04-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Nah you guys trippin, chill out and enjoy the vibes its a festival.

rmills918
04-16-2012, 03:32 PM
is this a fact or speculation?

because i bought a camping pass from stubhub only to find out later that they might be useless...and now I may be screwed for a place to stay for weekend 1

Did you have any problems with car camping?

insbordnat
04-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Bump - surely someone has a story. I heard of ONE person getting an "invalid" scan, what does that mean?

tjpetracca
04-17-2012, 06:16 AM
Bump - surely someone has a story. I heard of ONE person getting an "invalid" scan, what does that mean?

Found this in another thread

"1. They did not check to see if our car camping pass was attached to our wristband. In fact, I was the one who purchased the car camping and my boyfriend was the one in the car when they scanned it. I wasn't even around and they said nothing.
2. Our friends used our car companion pass that supposedly had to be attached to the wristband. That was not a problem.
3. I sold a tent camping pass on craigslist to a group of people who were really worried about whether or not it would work without an attached to wristband. They decided to take the risk and call me if they had trouble. I never heard from them so I assume it was cool."

cam81291
04-17-2012, 10:25 PM
were you able to camp?