PDA

View Full Version : Tent Camping vs. Car Camping

lolove_rva
03-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Which is better? I got tent camping and I know it comes with a parking spot but is the sport far away or is it relatively close to your car? Can you still mingle with the car campers? Any info would be helpful; 1st time Coacheller so I want to know what to expect. Thanks!

aphrael
03-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Which is better? I got tent camping and I know it comes with a parking spot but is the sport far away or is it relatively close to your car? Can you still mingle with the car campers? Any info would be helpful; 1st time Coacheller so I want to know what to expect. Thanks!

According to http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/interactive-maps, the tent camping lot is right next to the tent parking area. (This is an improvement from last year).

Anyone with a wristband can mingle with the car campers.

Overall, the tent camping situation looks vastly improved from last year, when the tent campers were off in their own little lot in sucky terrain; their land felt like a segregated ghetto.

Inthecolumbiagorge
03-31-2012, 09:43 AM
What aphrael said. Last year was a bad year for tent camping and it seemed as though they forgot all about it until last minute. This year it according to the map it looks OK...not too far from the entrance and cars parked close to the camping area so you should be good. The only issue for us is you are not supposed to cook in tent camping. Have a great time!