PDA

View Full Version : Festival Of Colors AT Coachella! Weekend 2

vintagefreak92
03-31-2012, 03:59 AM
Alright so here's the deal. My friends and I who are going to Weekend 2 have decided to bring some Holi Powders AKA festival of colors to the weekend and make it an even more memorable experience. I'm making this thread to invite as many people as possible to do the same. And either thursday or Friday (more likely friday) in the car camping area, we will fill the air with The beautiful colors Of Holi. Bring your own powder to join in on this experience!

geonotgio
03-31-2012, 04:16 AM
Alright so here's the deal. My friends and I who are going to Weekend 2 have decided to bring some Holi Powders AKA festival of colors to the weekend and make it an even more memorable experience. I'm making this thread to invite as many people as possible to do the same. And either thursday or Friday (more likely friday) in the car camping area, we will fill the air with The beautiful colors Of Holi. Bring your own powder to join in on this experience!

What's that?

Iamwelting
03-31-2012, 04:36 AM
I will have some powders. Won't be throwing them around though.

vintagefreak92
03-31-2012, 04:36 AM
In it's simplest explanation. It is a celebration of spring. And they celebrate, basically, by throwing Large amounts of Colored Powder At each other. And just get covered in it. But google can tell you a lot more about it than I can :) all I know is throwing colored powder at coachella sounds like a blast!

heyeric
03-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Hh-o5g4tLVE

JustSteve
03-31-2012, 10:14 AM
yeah, piss a bunch of people off by dousing them in colored powder in the sweaty coachella sun.

arandomshape
03-31-2012, 01:46 PM
You're mixing festivals, that is not allowed.

No, seriously.

Grant
03-31-2012, 01:58 PM
i swear if i see anyone doing this i'll get the people with the power washer guns to douse you fucking idiots. better yet it had better get thrown out by security before you walk in. GO TO FUCKING BONNAROO

carota
03-31-2012, 02:25 PM

Sounds like a great idea to me but from the comments so far it doesnt sound welcome.

joobear
04-01-2012, 07:53 PM
so down! but you have to wear white too!

Grant
04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
pf please banhammer this thread

apachedino
04-01-2012, 08:14 PM
I was at the Holi @ the Hari Krishna Temple in Spanish Fork and it was a blast! However, I would not try this @ Coachella for several reasons. At Holi people are ready to get filthy and have changes of clothes ready. That shit gets EVERYWHERE! Looked like I killed the Kool-Aid man when I took a shower. People are camping and will get it all over everything and you will just piss a bunch of prissy people that are already uncomfortable camping in the 1st place. DEFINITELY don't try it in the fest itself. It's already hot and sweaty and will look terrible anyways. Don't even put it on yourself in the fest unless you are not going into any crowds as it wipes off easily. If you are just going to throw it up in the air a few times clear of everyone then go for it. Otherwise you will definitely piss of alot of people. I actually have a bag left and was going to do that, but am not going to be smashing people with it like @ Holi. I don't think HOLi would even fly without alot fights in most other cities. Luckily most Mormons are really laid back and you can get 100,000 people together for something like that without people getting injured.

verveman77
04-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Only powder I'll be throwin may be up my nose then I'll kick the fairy dust outta anyone flamin around throwin anything dust related in the air, I agree sav that shite for bonnaroo during beach boys!!!!