PDA

View Full Version : Flip flops for 4 days?

dynamanda
03-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Is that gonna be bad news for my toes? I just can't bear the thought of my feet being stuffed into socks and converse in that heat for 4 days.

ThunderInTheSky
03-24-2007, 07:12 AM
If you're going to wear sandles stay away from Rage and wear something comfy like Birkenstocks not flip flops!

rampaige
03-24-2007, 07:15 AM
I wore flip flops last year, and while my feet were completely filthy by the end of each day, everything worked out fine. However, if you're planning on being front and center for headliners, I would suggest wearing actual footwear. Also, I wear flip flops almost constantly in the summer. If you're not used to wearing them a lot I wouldn't suggest Coachella for breaking them in.

amyzzz
03-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Flip flops for the campground. Real shoes for the festival.

Daft Fro
03-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Flip flops for the campground. Real shoes for the festival.

I concur!

I'm just going to rock my jacked up chucks while in the festi, thin enough to get a breeze, tough enough for Rage~

miscorrections
03-24-2007, 12:57 PM
i think i have to duct tape mine back together, there's almost no canvas left still attached to the sole.

Courtney
03-24-2007, 01:36 PM
YES to flip flops, if:
-you're used to wearing them and find them comfortable for long periods of time
-you're not planning on trying to get near the front of the stage
-you don't mind having very dirty feet
-you're planning to stay sober
-you have access to the VIP toilets
-you will remember to apply sunscreen to your feet

NO to flipflops, if:
-you don't often wear them
-they have given your feet blisters in the past
-the idea of super dirty feet grosses you out
-you plan on using the port-o-potties
-you're likely to get drunk/high
-you want to get near the front of the stage
-you want to mosh/crowd surf/etc.
-you need arch support for your feet

faxman75
03-24-2007, 04:14 PM
How abot the best of both worlds. Wear the shoes in and bring the flip flops in your bag or purse if you have one?

airguitarvet
03-24-2007, 04:45 PM
best toejam ever

shoegazer76
03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Crocs try'em they rule! Specially for Bonnaroo.

dynamanda
03-24-2007, 06:15 PM
These answers were the most helpful ever.

Yellow bikini + 70s style terry running shorts + tube socks & converse = hot

Omar1
03-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I usually put my vans in my bag and walk barefooted during the day, walking around with flip flops all day would hurt my feet.

captncrzy
03-24-2007, 09:18 PM
i walked around the mall today for a couple of hours in flip flops and my feet hurt. i wouldn't suggest it.

fatbastard
03-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Is that gonna be bad news for my toes? I just can't bear the thought of my feet being stuffed into socks and converse in that heat for 4 days.

Both shoes do not offer much support. Your taking a chance of being in pain.

rage patton
03-24-2007, 10:41 PM
I concur!

I'm just going to rock my jacked up chucks while in the festi, thin enough to get a breeze, tough enough for Rage~

i think i have to duct tape mine back together, there's almost no canvas left still attached to the sole.

You both sound like your in the same boat as me. In fact, I think I might just buy a new pair. Take a picture before the festival, then take a picture after Rage. I think it would be funny. However, I might opt for the duct tape.
So both of you have worn chucks in the past... and it was fine?

FromTheColonyOfBirchmen
03-24-2007, 10:47 PM
i walked around the mall today for a couple of hours in flip flops and my feet hurt. i wouldn't suggest it.

I walked around the mall today barefoot and got kicked out. I'm thinking it was mostly due to the dirtyness rather than dresscode. Imagine that.

webfairy
03-25-2007, 07:33 AM
I feel like every time i post, I am posting about wearing closed toe shoes! LOL

Coachella 2002 I wore platform sandels, now I have been going to coachella since 99 so I should have know better but was trying to look all cute and bjork like since she is one of my favorite artists. Things were great until I started to work my way up to the front of the stage, after about two hours of waiting and pushing my way to the front I was about 5 people from the stage, and sooo excited. Then the crazy super bjork fans came pushing in and there wasn't enough security to stop them, if you watch the coachella dvd you can see how tightly packed in we were and how people kept getting pulled out cause the couldn't breathe. Well anyway long story short, I end up getting stepped on so much, my toenail gets ripped off and it takes me 30 mins on a bloody foot just to just get out of the crowd. It was hell!!!! So I get to the medical tent so they can try to clean out my foot and help me with my broken shoe just in time to hear bjork start her set. I never got to see any of it cause they wouldn't let me leave the med tent until the bleeding stoped, I was so pissed! So lesson learned I have worn tennis shoes ever since.

Also at night you can't really see the ground you are walking on and people leave like half eaten pizza on the ground, it is kinda nasty when you step in something wet in squishy in the dark.

Quentin
03-25-2007, 08:53 AM
I'll be rollin' in my Pumas. So comfy and light. Also, they're on sale at footlocker. Buy one pair and get the other 50% off. :D

I needed new running shoes anyways :D

captncrzy
03-25-2007, 09:20 AM
I walked around the mall today barefoot and got kicked out. I'm thinking it was mostly due to the dirtyness rather than dresscode. Imagine that.

Bastards.

Sexecutioner
03-25-2007, 10:47 AM
ive always worn flip flops, just cuz who the fuck wants to wear shoes and socks in 100 degree weather.

that being said, i have arch support problems and my feet always end up hurting, but i just try to ignore it. id rather have a little pain and have my feet feel open and free to the breeze. also, sometimes it feels great to take off your sandals during the day and walk around barefoot on the grass. be carefull though, last year my girlfriend stepped on a lit cigarette. some people are such ignorant assholes.

miscorrections
03-25-2007, 11:06 AM
You both sound like your in the same boat as me. In fact, I think I might just buy a new pair. Take a picture before the festival, then take a picture after Rage. I think it would be funny. However, I might opt for the duct tape.
So both of you have worn chucks in the past... and it was fine?

actually this is my first year going, but i can go for days in mine without any problems so i'm guessing they'll be fine. assuming they don't completely fall apart.

rage patton
03-25-2007, 11:11 AM
actually this is my first year going, but i can go for days in mine without any problems so i'm guessing they'll be fine. assuming they don't completely fall apart.

My thoughts exactly. Im still debating buying a new pair...

GTI_GRL
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I wore my adidas superstars into the venue to keep my feet clean. Once I got in the venue I put my flipflops on, and put my superstars in my back back. I stayed cooler in the heat, and once it got dark or if I was moving towards the front I would put the superstars on. Its that best way to go, and you get the best of both worlds. btw to save space, put any small items inside your shoes while in you back pack. I did this last year, and it kept all the small/$$ items from moving around or stabbing me in the back.

GTI_GRL
03-25-2007, 12:24 PM
btw unless you want to pay up the ass for a new pair of shoes at the venue, make sure you leave them on. Last year there was a lot of people missing one shoe, or walking around with a broken flipflop. A pair of shoes, and flipflops are the way to go.

captncrzy
03-25-2007, 01:40 PM
btw unless you want to pay up the ass for a new pair of shoes at the venue, make sure you leave them on. Last year there was a lot of people missing one shoe, or walking around with a broken flipflop. A pair of shoes, and flipflops are the way to go.

That's pretty smart, actually. Maybe I'll give that a shot-I love laying in the grass with my shoes off.

momof5
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
I have found that platform Dansko walking sandals have worked really great--I am a little bit taller to see better,My feet are not hot,they are well supported on a cushiony base and I have never had my feet stepped on--I think because they are raised off the ground maybe? Downside is they are not real cute but hey I need to feel good!

SFChrissy
03-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Bring tennies and thongs...I bring a back pack tennies are perfect for the trek from the car and stage to stage but if i'm kick'n it for a few off come the shoes and yayyyy thongs...

you need stuff and your carrying a bag what a small pair of thongs in there gonna do...

thelastgreatman
03-26-2007, 04:14 PM
These answers were the most helpful ever.

Yellow bikini + 70s style terry running shorts + tube socks & converse = hot

Okay, I admit--that outfit is like a call to arms for boners.

airguitarvet
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
put these on then.http://www.mayashoes.com/Taboo-708.JPEG

best thread ever

airguitarvet
03-27-2007, 11:23 PM
best thread ever.

Basskitten85
03-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Flip flops are def the way to go !!!! Highly recommended

Meadowsmeister
03-28-2007, 07:22 AM
You should invest in a pair of high top Nike SB'S. Comfy as FCUK, breathable, they look fresh as hell, and they also have a velcro strap : )

i will be wearing mine pure and simply for sunday, that way my feet wont end up looking like pancakes because of the crazy rage fans.

psychic friend
03-28-2007, 07:33 AM
http://craphound.com/images/dramsand.jpg

Roberta
04-01-2007, 06:30 AM
...Last year there was a lot of people missing one shoe, or walking around with a broken flipflop...

Oh you must have seen me! My flip flops were comfy all day, until one broke during FF's set...too much jumping around adn getting stepped on. It was hard to walk with the broken one, but the alternative of walking barefoot amongst all the trash (and drunken guy pee) at the end of the day did not sound good.

I'm still wearing flip flops with arch support this year, but I'm taking a few pairs to make it through all 3 days.

newtocoachella
04-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Roberta - what brand are your flipflops with arch support? Could you link to a website or picture? Thanks.

Shyeviolett
04-17-2007, 03:22 PM
How abot the best of both worlds. Wear the shoes in and bring the flip flops in your bag or purse if you have one?

This is the best way to go.

MonsoonSeason
04-17-2007, 03:27 PM
dude 1/2 an hour is too much for flip flops at coachella

getting your feet stepped on will suck so much

mcddjj
04-23-2007, 12:10 AM
I am going to throw some flip-flops in my backpack so when my boots get too hot I can switch for awhile. Just have to remember the sunscreen. Nothing worse than sunburned feet.

Phoenix
04-23-2007, 09:48 AM
I used to wear flip flops during the day and carried around other shoes to change into at night. After doing this for three years I branched out and decided to try my luck with just the flip flops, and it was fine. Even in front for Nine Inch Nails...I was fine. I would suggest a GOOD pair though, like Rainbow...nothing with plastic (i.e. Old Navy flip flops or Haviana's) they cause major blisters.

Alligator Bogaloo
03-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I could never wear flip flops for the festival, I just know someone would step on my foot or i'd stub a toe against a rail and then i would be gimping around for three days...I always make sure to wear a good pair of hiking shoes...

Corporate Cannibal
03-16-2009, 05:29 PM
http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/flip-flop-rash2.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/23rvllx.gif

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/flip-flop-rash3.jpg

heyeric
03-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Those your feet?

Corporate Cannibal
03-16-2009, 05:57 PM
^ oh hail naw

brycerosen
03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
i do it every year

beckylyn
03-16-2009, 07:25 PM
nice try haha
http://www.lamanaphotography.com/walmart2.htm
http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/flipflop.asp

momof5
03-17-2009, 11:33 AM
I have worn FIT flops and have been very comfortable- They look a bit dorky but have arch support,fabric sides and a bit of a wedge so you are not flat on the ground. never had my feet stepped on. They cost about $25 but are very sturdy.Been wearing mine for a year now.

locachica73
03-17-2009, 11:41 AM
I will be wearing my rocket dog flip flops all festival long. Last year I tried to wear these special tennis shoes with air holes and no socks... ended up with blisters. Then I switched to flip flops the rest of the festival and had no problems. Even when we were in the middle of the crowd. The only time I had an issue was when we were dancing and some silly girl in high heeled go go boots stepped on my toe.

unknown
03-17-2009, 11:52 AM
The only time I had an issue was when we were dancing and some silly girl in high heeled go go boots stepped on my toe.

Oi! High heeled boots? Silly girl is right.

I pretty much rock flip flops all weekend every year (usually Reefs). I usually take a pair of my most comfortable tennis shoes and throw them in my locker in case my feet hurt or it gets cold or I plan on getting very close to the front and going nuts like at RATM a couple years back.

OnlyNonStranger
03-17-2009, 02:51 PM
I wear my cons in the festival and flip flops at the campground to air them out and give em a break. I wear my cons everyday anyway so it won't be that much different from normal.

locachica73
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Oi! High heeled boots? Silly girl is right.

Yeah I couldn't believe all the girls with knee high heeled boots on last year.

OnlyNonStranger
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
but it's so hip! They gotta be lookin' their best, ya know?

locachica73
03-17-2009, 02:55 PM
come fuck me boots are not meant for the desert, imagine the smell once she takes those things off.

unknown
03-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeah I couldn't believe all the girls with knee high heeled boots on last year.

I can't recall any! Did most come out at night? I can't imagine getting through the entire day with something like that on!

Edmontonian
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I can't stand the feel of flip flops plus if I encounter stairs I am destined to trip on the flippy floppy part and fall down them.

I know there's no stairs at Coachella but that's one reason why I never ever wear flip flops in general.

Barefoot baby, feel that luscious polo field grass between your toes!!!

locachica73
03-17-2009, 03:06 PM
I do think I noticed it more at night but I remember seeing it throughout the day. My sister and I just shook our heads. There was also a girl in these fur lined style boots and booty shorts.

OnlyNonStranger
03-17-2009, 03:23 PM
come fuck me boots are not meant for the desert, imagine the smell once she takes those things off.

Yeah, I was actually making fun of them. I agree with you, they are stupid for wearing them to Coachella.

momof5
03-18-2009, 09:34 AM
I don't care if the boots or high heels are cute,sexy ,whatever. Comfort is the way to go-Its definitely a "what were they thinking" moment.

scoop49er
03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
my wife wears flip flops.. no problem...

if u plan r getting close to any stage, then u should consider some tennis shoes. nothing fancy, something just to protect ur feet

foot style is not cared about at coachella. its about 3 days of survival! :)

BROKENDOLL
03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
come fuck me boots are not meant for the desert, imagine the smell once she takes those things off. Maybe it's not the boots that smell?

influence
03-18-2009, 10:54 PM
Do a rotation to keep your feet cool: Flip flops, bare feet, and shoes at night (store at your camp, backpack, locker, whatever).

lickety_spit
03-18-2009, 11:39 PM
3 or 4 coachellas straight, the same dvs flipflops all weekend
http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_1108dab7aec094d4c40b6770e30b62ff.jpg

LuckyMF
03-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Every Coachella for me it's been flip-flops all the way. You do have to be careful where you step and stay out of the way of rampaging drunks though. I would definitely break them in ahead of time and even if they're already broken-in, I'd recommend that you start getting your feet used to wearing them ahead of time. We had warm weather here in LA last week so I wore mine 2 days straight and they rubbed my feet a bit raw in a couple places -- even though I practically lived in them last year. I guess my feet got pampered in socks over the last 6 months.

thedrun
03-23-2009, 08:40 AM
I bought Iron Maiden slip on vans this weekend. I will be rocking those all 3 days this year.

locachica73
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
I may have to rethink my shoe choice. I did flip flops last year and never had a problem, I wear flip flops everyday other then for work. I went to a rave last week in flip flops, still no problem. Saturday night I went to a local bar to do some dancing some some big 6'5" who was trying to dance with me stomped my big toe and now it hurts like a motherfucker. I don't want to end up getting a broken toe again.

SFChrissy
03-23-2009, 09:59 AM
damn loca...at least your not suffering with two sprained ankles...this shit better be dnone by coachella!!! :0 )

locachica73
03-23-2009, 10:01 AM
I have my fingers crossed for you, I have sprained my ankle several times, once while pregnant. Not a fun thing. They say it actually can hurt worse then a break because at least with a break you get a cast and you can't move it. And there is nothing worse then trying to hobble around on crutches.

dantoro
04-10-2009, 09:59 PM
i tried some new flip flops last year and I advise against it. My feet were raw and bleeding and i was hurtin for sat night and sunday.

I think its better to just change your socks twice a day and cover up.

HGcoachella
04-13-2009, 03:44 PM
yeahh i wore them last year and walking into the festival was like a mile for me haha and i got so much sand and dirt in my flip flops then just walking around all day your feet turn black and gross. but i took them off when sitting on the grass so it was nice and cool. I wouldn't want to take my converse and socks off for like 10 min then putting the sweaty socks back on. idk it has ups and downs.

Edmontonian
04-13-2009, 03:59 PM
i'm a hobbit so i don't wear shoes

forbiddenbeat
04-13-2009, 04:59 PM
4 days straight is doable, but I agree about the festival itself - your feet will get stomped depending on who you're seeing.