PDA

View Full Version : whats a good tent?

dirkdigs
03-29-2012, 07:18 PM
I was thinking about picking up a tent from walmart before the show can anyone recomend a good tent that will stand up nice in the heat?> i was reading that a double wall tent might be better than single wall. any other suggestions?

Neighborhood Creep
03-29-2012, 07:39 PM
The weather is usually calm so it doesn't need to be anything special. Just pick by size unless you plan on using it for 5+ more times.

carolinesgood
03-29-2012, 07:49 PM
best bet is to get a cheap tent and canopy -walmart, costco, home depot are on the way in...

FrothyMeerkat
04-10-2012, 04:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKfOvM1UcxM

THE BEST TENT EVER! i just picked one up in LA!

Iamwelting
04-10-2012, 05:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QKfOvM1UcxM

THE BEST TENT EVER! i just picked one up in LA!

No vents on the side= oven like conditions all day.

FrothyMeerkat
04-10-2012, 05:28 AM
No vents on the side= oven like conditions all day.

I dont plan on sitting in my tent all day lol

gaypalmsprings
04-10-2012, 05:59 AM
No need to worry about ovens for week #1. Get something warm.

microcuts
04-10-2012, 06:01 AM
I dont plan on sitting in my tent all day lol

at least plan on getting up as soon as the sun rises then (like 6am)

but if you're going weekend 1, it looks like they'll have to change the name to Coolchella this year. So maybe that tent would be fine.

Woofers
04-10-2012, 06:09 AM
Seeing that it's gonna rain on Friday. Anyone ever go camping in the rain? Any tips for a newbie? Not just for a tent. In general.

abijo
04-10-2012, 06:30 AM
Since I'm from England I'm used to camping in the rain.

Get a canopy if you can so that you can leave wet stuff under it without having to take it into your tent.

Trash bags will be your best friend- Make a poncho if you need to, use it as a doormat for wet stuff if you need to, store wet stuff in it to avoid taking it in your tent.

Never take wet shoes in a tent. Makes a mess, will smell gross. If they are wet already there is no harm in leaving them in the rain.

If you do get wet stuff in your tent prepare for condensation which can make your sleeping bags/ everything wet which would suck.

Take an umbrella so if you don't have a porch/ canopy you can make a makeshift one outside your tent for removing wet stuff.

This whole post is about not getting water in your tent pretty much. Sorry its so long!

Woofers
04-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Since I'm from England I'm used to camping in the rain.

Get a canopy if you can so that you can leave wet stuff under it without having to take it into your tent.

Trash bags will be your best friend- Make a poncho if you need to, use it as a doormat for wet stuff if you need to, store wet stuff in it to avoid taking it in your tent.

Never take wet shoes in a tent. Makes a mess, will smell gross. If they are wet already there is no harm in leaving them in the rain.

If you do get wet stuff in your tent prepare for condensation which can make your sleeping bags/ everything wet which would suck.

Take an umbrella so if you don't have a porch/ canopy you can make a makeshift one outside your tent for removing wet stuff.

This whole post is about not getting water in your tent pretty much. Sorry its so long!

Awesome. Thanks so much. I've gotten used to preparing for the Coachella heat. Completely clueless as to how to prepare for rain. But should make for an awesome Coachella experience.

Dustin da DnB Soulja
04-10-2012, 06:53 AM
Get a cheap ozark trail or cheap tent, but get a rain fly in case.